Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2014, 08:13 AM   #331
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: FatFatnomore
Stats: Fat/Less Fat
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: October 26, 2007
Morning all!

It's raining today so no walk outside for me. Instead I'll do lunges, squats, and hand weights.

Menu:
B: coffee, apple, raw almonds
L: ground turkey, green beans
D: cabbage salad, chicken

I haven't been drinking enough water lately so my goal today is to get in 100 oz.

Hope you're all having a great day!
FatFatnomore is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2014, 10:42 AM   #332
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/23%BF/20%BF Size 26/6-8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowCarbedD View Post
Good morning Ladies!!! How is everyone doing today??? It will be in the 70's for the next 3 days....so Im OUTSIDE!!!! OKOK Im outside most days...My eating has been good and consistent....I really think living in the warm climate does help the eating...and it does eliminate my excuses for not exercising...
My hiking shoes came in yesterday....my DS told me to wear them as much as possible before our hike Fri afternoon.....the grandbabies have the afternoon off school so we are all going!!..Friends have recommended several trail hikes in the area!

I figure it will "up my game"...
Psst...am I the only one who does l/c on this challenge, now?
I'm kind of LC when I can do it..with all my workouts and my metabolism issues (hypothyroid too) I don't want to stick to super low carb for too long, despite how well it works. You'll have a great time hiking! Dh just ordered me some new hiking shoes too...Keens. I love Keens! Have a great time!

Ff-congrats on the loss and 28 days done! I'm looking forward to hearing about your months between the diet and how you feel the metabolism has improved . Good job!

Sorry I've been offline more. I got rear ended yesterday, on my way to Zumba. I'm a bit stiff today, but made it to the gym . Did Zumba today instead, and feel pretty good. The guy who hit me has crummy insurance, so this repair may become a nightmare. I hope they'll fix my car, not consider it totaled, it's 10 years old with 168k miles on it...but valuable to me!

Trying to keep a tighter reign on my eating, didn't stick to the meal replacements yesterday, too crazy. But, oh track today .
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...l#post17065682
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 10:53 AM   #333
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LowCarbedD
Stats: 169.2/135.4/149
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restart 8/13
Im so sorry Julie!!!
LowCarbedD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 12:21 PM   #334
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hellsbelles
Stats: 228/178/140
WOE: LC <20 (mostly Atkins)
Start Date: 12/4/07
Home today because of snow. Schools will likely be closed tomorrow too. I love snow but I hate being stuck in the house! I'm down 2 pounds since last week so I'm glad about that.

julie - sorry to hear that - hope you're feeling better!

FF - that was a great loss!
hellsbelles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 03:32 PM   #335
Major LCF Poster!

I walked 7.09 miles on the trail!!!!!! What an awesome walk!!!!!!!I think I have a couple of blisters, but I can work with that! Tomorrow is gonna be a rest day or a Bowflex day for sure...Eating is good...so far....kind of a lack of appetite..
Old 01-29-2014, 10:33 PM   #336
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ART2169
Stats: 215/205/150
Start Date: January 16, 2014
Thank you Fatfatnomore. The darker makes me feel more excited lol. My sticks are kinda old too which may have something to do with it. I will be glad when I learn the lingo on here. I hope everyone is doing better. Its super hard to stay on track when you are hurting or don't feel good. I did some Wii tonight and it said down 1.5 lbs since last time, 119 days ago lol. I guess I gained 5 over the holidays. As long as they are moving down I'm happy. Thanks again gals!
ART2169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 01:53 AM   #337
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oldafw
Stats: 162/139.0/127
Start Date: 5/7/11
Morning everyone! Off to Florida to do my "check in" on my mother. They eat like birds so it shouldnt be too hard to eat well. Still 143 but working out every day. Tomorrow is 5 weeks. See y'all Sunday.
oldafw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 06:51 AM   #338
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: beachagain
Stats: 162/150/140s
WOE: Fast Metabolism Diet
Start Date: September 2006
too much to comment on...

FF... congrats!!!! you did awesome...sorry it came with a tummy bug
Can't wait until you follow your dream and come hike with me

art

Julie....just more to add to everything else, huh? Like you needed one more problem

Belle...stay warm...we have a HUGE storm coming our way

to everyone else

I didn't lose much this round a pound or two (because I had to re-lose the Christmas weight
I'm finding, for me, the best way to keep it off is switching between the phases 1, 2, and 3
I have a few more events and some more stress in life for the rest of this week, and then I'm going to refocus...I just can't when I work45 hours a week at my job and another 30 to 40 moving crap that is heavier than me and so filthy it makes your skin crawl...did you know that brick sand weighs more than a body? It does....and now that I know this, it may not be as difficult to get rid of my dad as once thought grrr....HOARDERS....they are such a pain

Goal: Maintenance

Last edited by beachagain; 01-30-2014 at 06:53 AM..
beachagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 11:01 PM   #339
Major LCF Poster!

Start Date: Restart: July 14,2014 Restart
Hey all !

Hanging in there ... Focusing on just doing my rotations (UD/DD's) and trying to eat better foods. I haven't been making the best food choices... But I think have glimpses of enlightenment from time to time.

I just need to stick to it.

I am going to try going to the gym at least 4 times a week, even if it is just for 30 mins.

Keep up the good work everyone !

Julie: I can't believe that you jumped right back into Zumba after your accident! What a trooper!
Low Carb Librarian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 01:13 PM   #340
Senior LCF Member

Stats: +175/154/148
WOE: FMD
Start Date: February 2012/June 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
I'm kind of LC when I can do it..with all my workouts and my metabolism issues (hypothyroid too) I don't want to stick to super low carb for too long, despite how well it works. You'll have a great time hiking! Dh just ordered me some new hiking shoes too...Keens. I love Keens! Have a great time!

Ff-congrats on the loss and 28 days done! I'm looking forward to hearing about your months between the diet and how you feel the metabolism has improved . Good job!

Sorry I've been offline more. I got rear ended yesterday, on my way to Zumba. I'm a bit stiff today, but made it to the gym . Did Zumba today instead, and feel pretty good. The guy who hit me has crummy insurance, so this repair may become a nightmare. I hope they'll fix my car, not consider it totaled, it's 10 years old with 168k miles on it...but valuable to me!

Trying to keep a tighter reign on my eating, didn't stick to the meal replacements yesterday, too crazy. But, oh track today .
LIFE is getting in your way, Xs 10! I hope you are feeling good and that your repairs are going smoothly.
fiveninepointfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 01:19 PM   #341
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellsbelles View Post
Home today because of snow. Schools will likely be closed tomorrow too. I love snow but I hate being stuck in the house! I'm down 2 pounds since last week so I'm glad about that.

julie - sorry to hear that - hope you're feeling better!

FF - that was a great loss!
Congrats on your two-pound loss!

Technically, I have a couple days left of my 28 day commitment. However, I fell off the wagon twice, so I am holding on tight for another week. It does get tedious keeping track of it all, but it is soooooo nice to eat. I was really hungry for the last two years!
It just gets tricky. We were invited to a neighbors house for pizza/wine. Not very P3. I could possibly bring a huge salad and avoid pizza and wine. I sort of feel like hibernating and gingerly cleaning my house in preparation for some improvements we have brewing.
BTW, I am down another two pounds.
Old 01-31-2014, 01:28 PM   #342
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachagain View Post
too much to comment on...

FF... congrats!!!! you did awesome...sorry it came with a tummy bug
Can't wait until you follow your dream and come hike with me

art

Julie....just more to add to everything else, huh? Like you needed one more problem

Belle...stay warm...we have a HUGE storm coming our way

to everyone else

I didn't lose much this round a pound or two (because I had to re-lose the Christmas weight
I'm finding, for me, the best way to keep it off is switching between the phases 1, 2, and 3
I have a few more events and some more stress in life for the rest of this week, and then I'm going to refocus...I just can't when I work45 hours a week at my job and another 30 to 40 moving crap that is heavier than me and so filthy it makes your skin crawl...did you know that brick sand weighs more than a body? It does....and now that I know this, it may not be as difficult to get rid of my dad as once thought grrr....HOARDERS....they are such a pain
Hey, it is a bummer talking care of so many lives at once. It is great that you lost your Christmas weight! I have six more to go, but I am plugging along.
I am curious, would your week look like this: Phase 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3, 1? That might be nice. Two days of P2 gives me flashbacks of HCG.
Old 01-31-2014, 04:03 PM   #343
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveninepointfive View Post
Hey, it is a bummer talking care of so many lives at once. It is great that you lost your Christmas weight! I have six more to go, but I am plugging along.
I am curious, would your week look like this: Phase 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3, 1? That might be nice. Two days of P2 gives me flashbacks of HCG.
ohhhhhhh...P2 is the worst!
but yes...sort of like that....or do 3 days P1 and P3 and one of p2 It maintains....but while in maintenance, I also allow splurges if I want I personally love P1 but occasionally want P3...P2 corrects my badness
Old 02-01-2014, 10:09 AM   #344
Major LCF Poster!

Hey all..
Chugging along here.
I joined a JUDDD alternate day weighing thread ( ??? I said I was going to stay away from the scale... ) so I will check in here in a few days with my updated weight.
I sure hope that I haven't gone back to the 170's! I was stuck there so long... I would be so sad to see that number again.

Hope you all are having a great weekend!
Old 02-01-2014, 09:23 PM   #345
Major LCF Poster!

I'm continuing on Atkins....slow and steady...when I think about jumping around I am reminded of my life before Atkins..I have done a M/E fast..occasionally..and may do that again...Ive been here a long time...and done Atkins for 19 yrs..the people Ive seen make goal and stay there within reasonably variations... have been those who grabbed on to the fact that LC living isn't a diet but a lifestyle... I too know that the path that led me to lose 109 lbs is the same path that if I stay firm...keeps me at a weight that brings me ( along with exercise) freedom!
goal made 04.04.14
Old 02-02-2014, 04:38 AM   #346
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Carb Librarian View Post
Hey all..
Chugging along here.
I joined a JUDDD alternate day weighing thread ( ??? I said I was going to stay away from the scale... ) so I will check in here in a few days with my updated weight.
I sure hope that I haven't gone back to the 170's! I was stuck there so long... I would be so sad to see that number again.

Hope you all are having a great weekend!
Are you with the JUDDD BUDS? They are a wonderful group, too.
Old 02-02-2014, 04:39 AM   #347
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I'm continuing on Atkins....slow and steady...when I think about jumping around I am reminded of my life before Atkins..I have done a M/E fast..occasionally..and may do that again...Ive been here a long time...and done Atkins for 19 yrs..the people Ive seen make goal and stay there within reasonably variations... have been those who grabbed on to the fact that LC living isn't a diet but a lifestyle... I too know that the path that led me to lose 109 lbs is the same path that if I stay firm...keeps me at a weight that brings me ( along with exercise) freedom!
It's easy to forget. It's wonderful you found what works for you.
Old 02-02-2014, 11:19 AM   #348
Major LCF Poster!

Hope everyone had a great weekend and going to a fabulous Superbowl party. I am just off a plane and going to clean my house a bit and then curl up in bed while my DH parties for both of us.

(I think finding what works for you is KEY)

I had my rest day Friday and didnt do anything yesterday (so I will count it as this weeks rest day) Have to get a workout in before I fall over from old people exhaustion.

My mothers boyfriend (who is 88) has that "Start a story, go into another without ever finishing the first one, start another and never stop talking about the old times" disease. I heard the same story at least 6 times in 2 days. I can still hear him talking in my head and I am back in NY.

You have to want it bad enough
Old 02-02-2014, 03:32 PM   #349
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Are you with the JUDDD BUDS? They are a wonderful group, too.
Yes, JUDDD BUDD's rock.
Old 02-03-2014, 07:51 PM   #350
Blabbermouth!!!

how is everyone doing?
Old 02-03-2014, 11:28 PM   #351
Major LCF Poster!

Hey... So I finally weighed in....

I don't know if I will make my goal for this challenge. I believe I said my goal was to be anywhere in the 150's... Well I am still 165.4. I am starting TOM, but I am a slow loser...
However, the good news is that I am not back in the 170's!
Old 02-04-2014, 04:42 AM   #352
Major LCF Poster!

I was hoping to be solidly into the 130s for my goal but I am still at 142. I suppose I have to just be on program and keep up the exercise and could lose 3 pounds but I dont know if I have it in me yet.

Woo hoo on 165 still Low.
Old 02-04-2014, 07:55 AM   #353
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
109 pounds! Wow, you are such an inspiration! And you are so right. We just have to remember to always stick to the plan, even if the losses are slow. Slow and steady wins the race.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldafw View Post
Hope everyone had a great weekend and going to a fabulous Superbowl party. I am just off a plane and going to clean my house a bit and then curl up in bed while my DH parties for both of us.

(I think finding what works for you is KEY)

I had my rest day Friday and didnt do anything yesterday (so I will count it as this weeks rest day) Have to get a workout in before I fall over from old people exhaustion.

My mothers boyfriend (who is 88) has that "Start a story, go into another without ever finishing the first one, start another and never stop talking about the old times" disease. I heard the same story at least 6 times in 2 days. I can still hear him talking in my head and I am back in NY.
You totally made me laugh out loud with your story of your mother's boyfriend.

Quote:
how is everyone doing?
Hi Beach! Im finally coming out of my depression over Sunday's game. Let's not discuss. I choose to pretend that day never happened. How are you doing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Carb Librarian View Post
Hey... So I finally weighed in....

I don't know if I will make my goal for this challenge. I believe I said my goal was to be anywhere in the 150's... Well I am still 165.4. I am starting TOM, but I am a slow loser...
However, the good news is that I am not back in the 170's!
Yay! Congrats on staying in the 160's! You still have a few more weeks. Even if you don't hit the 150's, you could still get to the lower 160's which is just as exciting!
Old 02-04-2014, 08:00 AM   #354
Blabbermouth!!!

Good morning everyone else!

I'm still doing good. Sticking to my low carb plan. Weight is the same, but I'm just sticking it out and hoping for at least a pound or two loss by the end of the week.

I have discovered chia seeds! Do any of you eat these? I saw a recipe where you mix chia seeds with unsweetened canned coconut milk, and stevia...then refrigerate for at least 4 hours. The chia seeds soak up the coconut milk and swell up...kinda like tapioca but a million times better. YUM! It's my new desert. It's very filling so you just need a little bit to satisfy you.

I haven't been working out much lately. Hoping to get in another walk today at some point.

How is everyone else doing?
Old 02-04-2014, 08:50 AM   #355
Major LCF Poster!

I weighed yesterday and lost .4 lbs...I had so little expectation on the number on the scale..Ive had strep since Sat....finally got my antibiotics yesterday..today is the worst so far....my eating is fine...Ive eaten more at points..all l/c ..I suspect the body needs more as it fights illness..so Im not troubled....exercise is out of the question...Im hoping for TH of Fri....I wont weigh until next week
Old 02-04-2014, 09:13 AM   #356
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hellsbelles
Stats: 228/178/140
WOE: LC <20 (mostly Atkins)
Start Date: 12/4/07
Hey everyone - was out of town at a soccer tournament over the weekend so didn't check in. Have a busy week at work planned so I'll do my best to check in once a day.... Still on plan. Ate off plan over the weekend but got right back to it yesterday.
hellsbelles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 12:05 PM   #357
Major LCF Poster!

Hey... Still moving forward and sticking to my plan (so far).
I am just coming up on TOM so I am sooooo hungry today. It is a hard DD, but I am trying to stay strong!
I would just eat junk if I were to fall off today.

Hope you all are having a good day. Keep up all the great work!
Old 02-04-2014, 07:27 PM   #358
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatFatnomore View Post
Good morning everyone else!

I'm still doing good. Sticking to my low carb plan. Weight is the same, but I'm just sticking it out and hoping for at least a pound or two loss by the end of the week.

I have discovered chia seeds! Do any of you eat these? I saw a recipe where you mix chia seeds with unsweetened canned coconut milk, and stevia...then refrigerate for at least 4 hours. The chia seeds soak up the coconut milk and swell up...kinda like tapioca but a million times better. YUM! It's my new desert. It's very filling so you just need a little bit to satisfy you.

I haven't been working out much lately. Hoping to get in another walk today at some point.

How is everyone else doing?
I am all about the chia seed pudding. I use stevia and almond milk. It is my FMD P3 dessert.

Checking in...I am finished my 28 days with a 10 lb loss! since I feel great, I am sticking with this WOE. I will add some wine on the weekends, though. I hope it works out well for me. I'll keep you all posted.
Old 02-04-2014, 07:30 PM   #359
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
how is everyone doing?
I am happy with FMD! Tomorrow, it will be featured on Dr. Oz, just in case u didn't know.
Old 02-04-2014, 07:50 PM   #360
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I am all about the chia seed pudding. I use stevia and almond milk. It is my FMD P3 dessert.

Checking in...I am finished my 28 days with a 10 lb loss! since I feel great, I am sticking with this WOE. I will add some wine on the weekends, though. I hope it works out well for me. I'll keep you all posted.
Yay! Congratulations!!!!!! 10 pounds is awesome!