Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2014, 01:54 PM   #301
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/23%BF/20%BF Size 26/6-8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldafw View Post
Ok, I am at 143. I start a 3 day juice cleanse today... Like the Blue Print ones. I know in my head I should not be playing with my metabolism again but I cant control myself. Its just 3 days and its all smoothie like juices with fiber and calories. Dont yell at me lol
No yelling here... You need to do what works for you! I'm sorely tempted to do a shake plan myself for quick weight loss, but am trying to resist the temptation. Hope you're doing well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowCarbedD View Post
156.8!!!! Down 2 OMG!! I am so doing the happy dance....I am no longer defining myself as a slow loser!!!!! All this good eating and exercise is working for me!! BTW I peed allday yesterday!!!! its usually my sign the "Whoosh Fairy" has come !!!!

BTW I looked the protein powder I used for my shake yesterday has 23 grms of protein..in a 12 oz shake..maybe that was the punch I felt yesterday..But I didn't have one today!
WTG!, woohoo!

I've been off plan too much this week, I'm actually up . But, I'm ok with it. I've had many more carbs and calories than I can sustain this week anew it shows. back to clean LC for me.
I did get 3 good workouts in this week, which is my goal. (At least 3, prefer more). I am sure I won't make my goal by VD, but I'd like some progress at least. Need to keep it clean LC...the carbs are so tempting though and I'm convinced they'll help my metabolism, but not the scale. Thought I'd try both, but I don't think that'll work.

Happy weekend all!!
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...l#post17065682
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2014, 03:14 PM   #302
Senior LCF Member

Stats: +175/154/148
WOE: FMD
Start Date: February 2012/June 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowCarbedD View Post
156.8!!!! Down 2 OMG!! I am so doing the happy dance....I am no longer defining myself as a slow loser!!!!! All this good eating and exercise is working for me!! BTW I peed allday yesterday!!!! its usually my sign the "Whoosh Fairy" has come !!!!

BTW I looked the protein powder I used for my shake yesterday has 23 grms of protein..in a 12 oz shake..maybe that was the punch I felt yesterday..But I didn't have one today!
fiveninepointfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 03:30 PM   #303
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ART2169
Stats: 215/205/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 16, 2014
I'd like to join the Valentines Challenge. I have been doing induction for almost a week. I've done LC before and always slipped back into nasty habits and gained. I'm ready now and realize its do or die. I don't want prescriptions for cholesterol, arthritis,etc. I think with a check in place I will stay more focused. I'd like to lose 15 lbs by Valentines and put me below 200.
ART2169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 03:44 PM   #304
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oldafw
Stats: 162/139.0/127
Start Date: 5/7/11
Welcome ART!!!!!!!!
oldafw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 06:34 PM   #305
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LowCarbedD
Stats: 169.2/135.4/149
Start Date: restart 8/13
Welcome ARt! This is a great group!!!!
LowCarbedD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 09:23 PM   #306
Junior LCF Member

Thank you for the welcome. I have the determination to reach my goal this time.
Old 01-25-2014, 04:55 AM   #307
Major LCF Poster!

Good Saturday morning!!!! Made it through Day One of juicing yesterday and feel good. I really needed that jumpstart. There are plenty of calories etc in these juices so I dont think I will see weight loss. Just hoping for a renewed sense of health.

Starting Week 5 (Month 2 of 3) of the JM program today. Its really done wonders for my muscles.
Old 01-25-2014, 10:21 AM   #308
Big Yapper!!!!

art! Good luck!

Olda-sounds like you're doing well. I feel like I need a jump start too.

I'm back where I started-168. Given this week's eating I'm happy with that. back to my regular exercise routine, nice and sore so that's a good sign, and now reconsidering a LC WOE...I'm leaning toward just healthy eating and watching my calories for a week to see where that gets me. Thinking maybe shakes for breakfast...working to out .
Old 01-25-2014, 12:25 PM   #309
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Trismama
Stats: 220/210/160
WOE: Atkins-Induction
Start Date: January 6, 2014
Doing a Check in. Started 1/6 with 231 and now down 221. 10 lbs loss and 3 inches off my waist! Happy with my results so far!
Trismama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 06:37 PM   #310
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trismama View Post
Doing a Check in. Started 1/6 with 231 and now down 221. 10 lbs loss and 3 inches off my waist! Happy with my results so far!
Old 01-25-2014, 09:17 PM   #311
Major LCF Poster!

WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Restart: July 14,2014 Restart
Not a good day for me
Computers are wonky today, my clerk went home sick (that leaves only 2 of us to run the branch), then a child threw up pink (yogurt??) mixed with macaroni all through the main walk way to the kids area....

Then a coworker gave me a dress that she was now "too thin" for.
I really liked it and told her I would tried it on after work and send her a text.
Well I did ... And now I am heading to the gym. I feel so fat and gross! I thought I was losing weight (but I haven't been very good for about a month of so) but taking that picture showed me how bad I have been!
Now to the gym...
Old 01-26-2014, 04:47 AM   #312
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Carb Librarian View Post
Not a good day for me
Computers are wonky today, my clerk went home sick (that leaves only 2 of us to run the branch), then a child threw up pink (yogurt??) mixed with macaroni all through the main walk way to the kids area....

I really liked it and told her I would tried it on after work and send her a text.
Well I did ... And now I am heading to the gym. I feel so fat and gross! I thought I was losing weight (but I haven't been very good for about a month of so) but taking that picture showed me how bad I have been!
Now to the gym...

Maybe that dress needs to be donated to a good cause.
Old 01-26-2014, 05:32 AM   #313
Major LCF Poster!

same kinda night here Low... Had a dinner party (yes, while juicing lol) and was getting ready and couldnt believe how awful I looked in my clothes. You THINK you are doing really well....
Old 01-26-2014, 08:54 AM   #314
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Not a good day for me

Now to the gym...
..Just keep walking girl...you're not doing as badly as you think..not as good as you hoped...but you are moving toward your goal!!!!
Old 01-26-2014, 09:01 AM   #315
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
same kinda night here Low... Had a dinner party (yes, while juicing lol) and was getting ready and couldnt believe how awful I looked in my clothes. You THINK you are doing really well....
just keep walking....you are your own worst critic...whether you realize it or not you didn't look as bad as you thought....let it be a moment to commit to keep walking forward....."what do I want HEALTH...when do I want it NOW" okok maybe that doesn't exactly work..Its about just keep walking forward...csometimes we wander off the trail ...as long as we come back to the trail toward our goal ..its all good...at some point we may get sick and tired of chasing rabbits off the trail...at that point we just don't do it as often ..ten eventually we may rarely leave the trail...
goal made 04.04.14
Old 01-27-2014, 04:19 AM   #316
Major LCF Poster!

Slow weekend... Hope everyone is out having fun!!! Happy Monday. Teaching my first college class tonight. I have butterflies.

Day 31 for Jillian, 3 day juice cleanse done for a jumpstart. Light eating today.
Old 01-27-2014, 01:31 PM   #317
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Slow weekend... Hope everyone is out having fun!!! Happy Monday. Teaching my first college class tonight. I have butterflies.

Day 31 for Jillian, 3 day juice cleanse done for a jumpstart. Light eating today.
Ive felt the same way-not liking how I look, but the hard work WILL pay off, we néed to be patient and stick to it.

Low- I guess motivation is valuable too! Maybe that dress pic will be your "before"? You can do it!

I'm trying a different eating plan this week. I'm not going to do LC, for now (I always gravitate back to it though). My dd(13) is pretty overweight and wants to lose some. She's not good with LC, and she's a club volleyball player so the carbs are everywhere at tournaments and in life, so we're gonna do meal replacement shakes this week and generally lower our calories with healthy foods. It's so odd to me that I'm having bread and fruit on purpose and it's ok! We'll see where I end the week. I started back up to 170, so I'm hoping to be down to 166 again by Sat.

Exercise? I actually got to my combat class today (kickboxing) and stayed for pump (hour long good weight training class). I did 2 hours of hard exercise!! sweating like a madwoman!! And I'm sticking to my plan today, had my meal replacement shake, a grapefruit, and coffee w. hnh, then had a lit sandwich for "lunch"-Ezekiel bread w/ 2 slices of turkey, 1 slice ham and lettuce and mustard. Planning small steak for dinner with steamed broc, and probably that other shake somewhere in there. I'll be a bit higher on cals today, but with all that exercise I need it today.
Old 01-27-2014, 07:10 PM   #318
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: beachagain
Stats: 162/150/140s
WOE: Fast Metabolism Diet
Start Date: September 2006
ugh...another school incident here...I'm wiped out. I feel like I'm fighting a losing battle, here. I just don't understand the world today
beachagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 04:17 AM   #319
Major LCF Poster!

So sorry Beach... I didnt hear anything about it. Its so upsetting.
Old 01-28-2014, 07:42 AM   #320
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: FatFatnomore
Stats: Fat/Less Fat
Start Date: October 26, 2007
Quote:
Not a good day for me

Now to the gym...
LCL, definitely use that dress as motivation. Try it on once a week and see how much better it fits every week! I do that all the time. Even better than the scale is when I can fit back into a dress that I love and haven't been able to wear for years.

Quote:

You're doing great Olda!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Ive felt the same way-not liking how I look, but the hard work WILL pay off, we néed to be patient and stick to it.

Low- I guess motivation is valuable too! Maybe that dress pic will be your "before"? You can do it!

I'm trying a different eating plan this week. I'm not going to do LC, for now (I always gravitate back to it though). My dd(13) is pretty overweight and wants to lose some. She's not good with LC, and she's a club volleyball player so the carbs are everywhere at tournaments and in life, so we're gonna do meal replacement shakes this week and generally lower our calories with healthy foods. It's so odd to me that I'm having bread and fruit on purpose and it's ok! We'll see where I end the week. I started back up to 170, so I'm hoping to be down to 166 again by Sat.

Exercise? I actually got to my combat class today (kickboxing) and stayed for pump (hour long good weight training class). I did 2 hours of hard exercise!! sweating like a madwoman!! And I'm sticking to my plan today, had my meal replacement shake, a grapefruit, and coffee w. hnh, then had a lit sandwich for "lunch"-Ezekiel bread w/ 2 slices of turkey, 1 slice ham and lettuce and mustard. Planning small steak for dinner with steamed broc, and probably that other shake somewhere in there. I'll be a bit higher on cals today, but with all that exercise I need it today.
Good luck with your meal replacement shakes! I'm sure you'll do great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachagain View Post
ugh...another school incident here...I'm wiped out. I feel like I'm fighting a losing battle, here. I just don't understand the world today
I'm so sorry Beach!
FatFatnomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 07:46 AM   #321
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning All!

I'm finally feeling 100% again. I'm finished with the 28 day program. I ended up losing 17 pounds, BUT...5 of those were from the stomach virus. So I'm only counting 12. Which is still good. I would have liked 30 but at least I was able to eat a ton of food and still lose 12 pounds. It taught me A LOT about food and how my body reacts to it.

So I plan to stay off the diet until mid March, and then I will jump on for another 28 days and hope that I'm able to do the whole 28 days without getting sick, and therefor do all 28 days perfectly.

I went out for a 2 mile walk this morning. Planning to get back into doing that daily.

Hope everyone else is doing great! Only a few weeks left of this challenge, let's finish it out strong!
Old 01-28-2014, 07:47 AM   #322
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Great job!
Old 01-28-2014, 07:48 AM   #323
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ART2169 View Post
I'd like to join the Valentines Challenge. I have been doing induction for almost a week. I've done LC before and always slipped back into nasty habits and gained. I'm ready now and realize its do or die. I don't want prescriptions for cholesterol, arthritis,etc. I think with a check in place I will stay more focused. I'd like to lose 15 lbs by Valentines and put me below 200.
Sorry I'm so late welcoming you to the group, but I've been battling the stomach bug. yuck!

We're happy to have you join us!
Old 01-28-2014, 08:47 AM   #324
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning Ladies!!! How is everyone doing today??? It will be in the 70's for the next 3 days....so Im OUTSIDE!!!! OKOK Im outside most days...My eating has been good and consistent....I really think living in the warm climate does help the eating...and it does eliminate my excuses for not exercising...
My hiking shoes came in yesterday....my DS told me to wear them as much as possible before our hike Fri afternoon.....the grandbabies have the afternoon off school so we are all going!!..Friends have recommended several trail hikes in the area!

I figure it will "up my game"...
Psst...am I the only one who does l/c on this challenge, now?

Last edited by LowCarbedD; 01-28-2014 at 08:48 AM..
Old 01-28-2014, 09:17 AM   #325
Blabbermouth!!!

haha Deb, I don't think you're the only one doing LC. I'm basically sticking to LC now that I'm off the 28 day program. The only difference is that I will add in some fruit now that I know how to incorporate it without gaining weight.

And Belle does LC VERY successfully. She's a rock star. I want to be Belle when I grow up.

Your hike sounds like it will be fun! My dream is to go hiking with Beach in Colorado some day. Like...in the Fall though when it's cold and not hot. hahahah
Old 01-28-2014, 10:27 AM   #326
Major LCF Poster!

FF: Colorado hiking would be beyond incredible...

I do some fruit..berries ...Im not fond of most store bought fruit....when my fruit trees give their fruit..Im all over it!!!!! Never had a problem..I adjust my eating to account for it....I have semi-dwarf trees so my crop isn't huge.. I keep meaning to dehydrate the fruit....but we never get that far!!

My husband got some dried figs....its like candy to me...so Im limiting...to almost never..!!! I sooo love them...He got some really good dried apricots....and Ive had about 5.....yep need to limit those too...
Old 01-28-2014, 08:19 PM   #327
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Old 01-28-2014, 09:29 PM   #328
Junior LCF Member

I am so thankful to have found this group! I appreciate all thr warm welcomes. I may not post alot but enjoy keeping up with the tips and ideas everyone posts. Sunday was weigh in for me and I am down 7 lbs. I bought a total gym for my birthday and plan to get and keep in shape this time. I have a question about my ketosis sticks. They are reading small amt. Do I need to worry and up something or do I ignore it because I am losing? I drink alot of water always but constantly stay thirsty when carb intake is so low. Can this effect the reading? Thanks for any input
Old 01-29-2014, 03:42 AM   #329
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatFatnomore View Post
Morning All!

I'm finally feeling 100% again. I'm finished with the 28 day program. I ended up losing 17 pounds, BUT...5 of those were from the stomach virus. So I'm only counting 12. Which is still good. I would have liked 30 but at least I was able to eat a ton of food and still lose 12 pounds. It taught me A LOT about food and how my body reacts to it.

So I plan to stay off the diet until mid March, and then I will jump on for another 28 days and hope that I'm able to do the whole 28 days without getting sick, and therefor do all 28 days perfectly.

I went out for a 2 mile walk this morning. Planning to get back into doing that daily.

Hope everyone else is doing great! Only a few weeks left of this challenge, let's finish it out strong!
congrats! Awesome!
What is your plan now for a WOE?
Old 01-29-2014, 08:11 AM   #330
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ART2169 View Post
I am so thankful to have found this group! I appreciate all thr warm welcomes. I may not post alot but enjoy keeping up with the tips and ideas everyone posts. Sunday was weigh in for me and I am down 7 lbs. I bought a total gym for my birthday and plan to get and keep in shape this time. I have a question about my ketosis sticks. They are reading small amt. Do I need to worry and up something or do I ignore it because I am losing? I drink alot of water always but constantly stay thirsty when carb intake is so low. Can this effect the reading? Thanks for any input
Awesome loss!!!!!
I wouldn't worry about how deep the color is on your ketostick. As long as they are changing color, you should be fine. I sometimes find that the more water I drink, the lighter my ketostick turn. I know, it sucks. I prefer seeing deep purple. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveninepointfive View Post
congrats! Awesome!
What is your plan now for a WOE?
Thank you! I plan to stick to mostly LC for the next month with some fruit thrown in. If I was at a weight that I wanted to maintain, I would probably do mostly P3 type eating, but since I still want to lose a bunch of weight, I'm keeping it LC + fruit for now until I'm ready to do FMD again in another month or so.