Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2014, 07:26 AM   #271
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hellsbelles
Stats: 228/178/140
WOE: LC <20 (mostly Atkins)
Start Date: 12/4/07
Quick check in for me today... I was out of town on a church youth retreat all weekend and returned yeterday. Haven't had a chance to look through the two pages yet but will try later today. I hope you all had a good weekend!!! I'm still the same which is good since I was out of town and had to eat out all weekend. I'm pretty happy about that !
hellsbelles is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2014, 09:03 AM   #272
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: FatFatnomore
Stats: Fat/Less Fat
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: October 26, 2007
Hi guys!

I was on a roadtrip all weekend to see family up north. Came down with a stomach bug the first day and haven't eaten a thing all weekend. I still feel dead and I'm afraid to eat. This stomach bug is BRUTAL. Not sure how much this has messed up my 28 day program since I haven't eaten since Friday....
FatFatnomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 09:15 AM   #273
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: beachagain
Stats: 162/150/140s
WOE: Fast Metabolism Diet
Start Date: September 2006
I hope you feel better soon

I wouldn't worry about it. I mean what can you do? I'd just jump back on when you can stomach it.
beachagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 10:18 AM   #274
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LowCarbedD
Stats: 169.2/140.8/149
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restart 8/13
FF hope you feel better soon!!!!
LowCarbedD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 06:06 PM   #275
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: kittycitygirl
Stats: High:215; current 168
WOE: Low Carb: my way;)
Start Date: April 3, 2010
Feel better FF!

Stay warm and safe peeps!
kittycitygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 01:29 AM   #276
Senior LCF Member

Stats: +175/154/148
WOE: FMD
Start Date: February 2012/June 2013
:
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachagain View Post
I hope you feel better soon

I wouldn't worry about it. I mean what can you do? I'd just jump back on when you can stomach it.
fiveninepointfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 05:11 AM   #277
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oldafw
Stats: 162/139.0/127
Start Date: 5/7/11
Hope you are feeling better FF!!!

Had a bad few days. Binge = throwing in the towel = eating everything in sight for days on end. Weighing in Friday (Last day of Week 4 of Jillian) like I promised. Have to face the music.... Wanted 139 by the end of the challenge, feel like I am 149.
oldafw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 05:27 AM   #278

-4 here at the moment. This kitty wants to curl up and nap all day
Old 01-22-2014, 06:41 AM   #279
Senior LCF Member

Snow day on P2...wha, wha, wha. I haven't been staying asleep through the night. Isn't it odd? I thought eating this great would equal a good night's sleep, but not at all! I swear I've been up like all night. Oh, well, I'll make sure to go to bed early.
I did make my egg bakes for the next two days. I also make a kale and sd tom soup. I'll eat that to fill up.
I hope you all stay warm.
Old 01-22-2014, 06:43 AM   #280
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldafw View Post

Had a bad few days. Binge = throwing in the towel = eating everything in sight for days on end. Weighing in Friday (Last day of Week 4 of Jillian) like I promised. Have to face the music.... Wanted 139 by the end of the challenge, feel like I am 149.
Are you eating LC or FMD? The only time I felt lke binging was when I was really depriving myself. I hope you feel better soon.
Old 01-22-2014, 07:20 AM   #281
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatFatnomore View Post
Hi guys!

I was on a roadtrip all weekend to see family up north. Came down with a stomach bug the first day and haven't eaten a thing all weekend. I still feel dead and I'm afraid to eat. This stomach bug is BRUTAL. Not sure how much this has messed up my 28 day program since I haven't eaten since Friday....
Hope you feel better soon!!!! I'm with beach - just jump back in when you feel better and I'm sure it will be fine

Quote:

olda - get back to it today! You still have time before the end of the challenge to meet your goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittycitygirl View Post
I think I would cry.... It's in the high teens here and that's to cold for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveninepointfive View Post
Snow day on P2...wha, wha, wha. I haven't been staying asleep through the night. Isn't it odd? I thought eating this great would equal a good night's sleep, but not at all! I swear I've been up like all night. Oh, well, I'll make sure to go to bed early.
I did make my egg bakes for the next two days. I also make a kale and sd tom soup. I'll eat that to fill up.
I hope you all stay warm.
Is this the first time you are doing this woe? That happens to me sometimes when I try something new. It doesn't last very long but it does happen to me for about a week.

We had a little dusting last night. I was hoping for more so we could play in the snow today but no such luck. We had a two hour delay which is just enough to piss me off lol!
Starting Weight (7/30/08): 163.8
Starting Weight (9/11/08): 160.8
Starting Weight (12/1/09): 183
Starting Weight (10/20/10): 175.9
Starting Weight (01/01/12): 203.7
Starting Weight (7/15/13): 209.2
Current: 179.2 Goal: 150
Old 01-22-2014, 08:46 AM   #282
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning Ladies!

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. Starting to feel better but not 100% yet. I ate some chicken curry soup last night (which I usually only make on p3, sooo wrong phase but at least I ate something) and a few cherries.

Taking it easy again today because my stomach still feels wonky. I'll probably have some fruit for lunch, and then that chicken curry soup again for dinner.

I may just finish out this 28 day round with phase appropriate soups and fruits because the thought of eating a bunch of meat and leafy vegetables makes me really sick to my stomach right now.
Old 01-22-2014, 10:13 AM   #283
Senior LCF Member

Stay warm girls.....the cold and snow is creating chaos!!!!

I so remember that when we lived in the Midwest...I remember wanting to hibernate...sleep....eat uncontrolled...( almost think its the body's attempt to gain weight to stay warm)..
Old 01-22-2014, 10:50 AM   #284
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowCarbedD View Post
2 lbs!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!

It looks like you and I are the l/c reps here!!! LOL
Yes, it does. We can do it! I love my coffee/cream too much to give it up right now .

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatFatnomore View Post
Hi guys!

I had that too! It's the worst! knocked me out for a whole week-every time I ate I felt sick again . Finally felt better a full week later. Ate mostly rice(chex, crackers) and applesauce. Hang in there and listen to your body. You can pick up the plan when you're better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellsbelles View Post
Quick check in for me today... I was out of town on a church youth retreat all weekend and returned yeterday. Haven't had a chance to look through the two pages yet but will try later today. I hope you all had a good weekend!!! I'm still the same which is good since I was out of town and had to eat out all weekend. I'm pretty happy about that !
That's great for a retreat! Hope you had fun!

Quote:
Really? Brrrr! Stay warm!!

Quote:

So sorry! You've been so dedicated to your exercise too! If you get back on the wagon today there may only be minimal damage on the scale.

It's so ironic that we broke our temp record yesterday, a new high! 81!!! I even put the a/c on in my car. While all my PA friends missed school and work b/c of the snow! I'll need to store this memory away for July and 115!!

I blew it last night, but enjoyed it immensely. I'm back on track today, did my Zumba class and just had a healthy sandwich (with 1 piece of Ezekiel bread-I bought it for FMD, but will slowly use it up anyway). It was good! supposed to weigh in tomorrow, but think I'll do Fridays for the challenge.

I'm still sore from a crazy hike we did on Monday. Back to my bodypump (weights) class tomorrow, it's been a while since I was sick all last week, I'll be sore for sure!
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 04:25 PM   #285

DH said it was -5 when he left for work. Uck!
Old 01-22-2014, 06:37 PM   #286
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
DH said it was -5 when he left for work. Uck!
brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Old 01-23-2014, 06:05 AM   #287
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning All!

Finally feeling back to normal today. I have 4 more days of this 28 day round left so I'm going to do P1 today and tomorrow (modified because I can't quite eat that much yet) and then P2 Saturday and Sunday. Monday will be my final weigh in to see how I did this round, despite this crazy stomach bug.

Menu today:
B: steel cut oats
S: berries
L: chicken soup
D: chicken, broccoli slaw
Old 01-23-2014, 07:01 AM   #288
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: beachagain
Stats: 162/150/140s
WOE: Fast Metabolism Diet
Start Date: September 2006
The last week and this last week are too hectic....I've stayed on plan but today is going to be difficult. eating egg whites now, but have no veggies and I'm on my way to the parents house to shovel snow (just shoveled mine) and then to my dad's shop to help him purge some more. I have to say, he is doing well and letting more and more go. He will feel so much better once he unloads this hoard...but it's crunch time now and he is realizing the need to let it go. My days are sucking...but maybe it will get better soon. Tomorrow DH and I drive several band kids ad our DD to Colorado Springs for a CMEA concert. This is a huge deal. They are hand selected as the best of the best and they are judged for their performance. They eat pizza tomorrow night and since we are driving them...I'm going to have to suck it up and make the best choice I can

Goal: Maintenance
beachagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 08:55 AM   #289
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
The last week and this last week are too hectic....I've stayed on plan but today is going to be difficult. eating egg whites now, but have no veggies and I'm on my way to the parents house to shovel snow (just shoveled mine) and then to my dad's shop to help him purge some more. I have to say, he is doing well and letting more and more go. He will feel so much better once he unloads this hoard...but it's crunch time now and he is realizing the need to let it go. My days are sucking...but maybe it will get better soon. Tomorrow DH and I drive several band kids ad our DD to Colorado Springs for a CMEA concert. This is a huge deal. They are hand selected as the best of the best and they are judged for their performance. They eat pizza tomorrow night and since we are driving them...I'm going to have to suck it up and make the best choice I can
Come on...the pizza is CO isn't that good, anyway! Just kidding. I hope there is a tempting salad on the menu for you. We get pizza every Friday night for the rest of my family. It smells better than it tastes.
Can you brown bag your meal? Thankfully, you should be on P3.
As far as clearing out parental hoards, I've been there.
Stay strong!
BTW, congrats to your DD!
Old 01-23-2014, 09:41 AM   #290
Senior LCF Member

Ive got a question..Ive never had a protein powder shake until this morning..I tried a choc/pb shake...I got a head rush that lasted a good thirty min..and a little lingered even now...I rechecked...no sugar....some s/f sweetners..nothing out of the ordinary..at least that I could see..its the same feeling I get when Ive had a coffee Americano on an empty stomach...any ideas?
Old 01-23-2014, 10:33 AM   #291
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Ive got a question..Ive never had a protein powder shake until this morning..I tried a choc/pb shake...I got a head rush that lasted a good thirty min..and a little lingered even now...I rechecked...no sugar....some s/f sweetners..nothing out of the ordinary..at least that I could see..its the same feeling I get when Ive had a coffee Americano on an empty stomach...any ideas?
Maybe the vitamins in the shake?
Old 01-23-2014, 08:29 PM   #292
Major LCF Poster!

WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Restart: October 1, 2013
Hi everybody!

I was super good today... Avoiding temptation at every turn!
I have a coworker that always buys me food... She must think I am starving.
She is the "Mom" of the library and she tries to take care of us.

She wanted to buy me a burrito tonight... But it was my DD so I said no thank you!
Everyone else was eating yummy burritos tonight.... Mmmm...
Low Carb Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 04:26 AM   #293
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
You are doing amazing. Thats real life. Things come up and we do the best we can with our choices.

Quote:
I cant imagine why.... Maybe it wasnt the shake? Did you check if there is caffeine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Carb Librarian View Post
Hi everybody!

She wanted to buy me a burrito tonight... But it was my DD so I said no thank you!
Yay Lowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Old 01-24-2014, 04:28 AM   #294
Major LCF Poster!

Ok, I am at 143. I start a 3 day juice cleanse today... Like the Blue Print ones. I know in my head I should not be playing with my metabolism again but I cant control myself. Its just 3 days and its all smoothie like juices with fiber and calories. Dont yell at me lol
Old 01-24-2014, 05:37 AM   #295
Major LCF Poster!

Quick check in for me.... Today is my low cal day so it will suck pretty much all day long lol!

FF hope you're feeling better... hey to everyone else!!!
Old 01-24-2014, 05:51 AM   #296
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Ok, I am at 143. I start a 3 day juice cleanse today... Like the Blue Print ones. I know in my head I should not be playing with my metabolism again but I cant control myself. Its just 3 days and its all smoothie like juices with fiber and calories. Dont yell at me lol
sounds delish.

I stayed the same this week.
I guess I shouldn't haven fallen off the plan on Sunday. I'll fly straight until the 8th. Take a few days off, then resume until the next social event. Do you think it is okay to continue with the FMD's phases for an indefinite amount of time?
I've read that HP suggests you incorporate grain/protein/fats into all your meals and to keep to the ten rules, but I wonder if you can just keep doing the phases as you do during the 28 day detox?
Old 01-24-2014, 05:52 AM   #297
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Carb Librarian View Post
Hi everybody!

Very strong!
Old 01-24-2014, 08:09 AM   #298
Senior LCF Member

156.8!!!! Down 2 OMG!! I am so doing the happy dance....I am no longer defining myself as a slow loser!!!!! All this good eating and exercise is working for me!! BTW I peed allday yesterday!!!! its usually my sign the "Whoosh Fairy" has come !!!!

BTW I looked the protein powder I used for my shake yesterday has 23 grms of protein..in a 12 oz shake..maybe that was the punch I felt yesterday..But I didn't have one today!
Old 01-24-2014, 09:41 AM   #299
Major LCF Poster!

WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DEB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-24-2014, 10:27 AM   #300
Major LCF Poster!

WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Restart: October 1, 2013
Quote:
156.8!!!! Down 2 OMG!! I am so doing the happy dance....I am no longer defining myself as a slow loser!!!!! All this good eating and exercise is working for me!! BTW I peed allday yesterday!!!! its usually my sign the "Whoosh Fairy" has come !!!!

BTW I looked the protein powder I used for my shake yesterday has 23 grms of protein..in a 12 oz shake..maybe that was the punch I felt yesterday..But I didn't have one today!

Wow! Great job!
Low Carb Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote