Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2014, 11:10 AM   #241
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CTIgrad
Stats: Hi:317.5 Current:255.8
WOE: Paleo
Start Date: 12/26/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChasingBulk View Post
Thanks for the support, guys!

The doctor is reportedly the best gynecomastia surgeon in the nation. With that being said, he acts like an arrogant jerk.

I basically went for a second consultation to try and figure out if I should shed some more weight before the surgery, or if he thought it made a difference.

He has a New York accent. He said, "Yeah, look at yah! You're too fat! You need to drop a few pounds. Will it make a difference! Nah. If you were my brother I'd have done the surgery yesterday!"

I wanted to ask him what my chances of having dimpling or a deformity were. I said, "I saw one guy in your before and after pictures that had dimpling and...."

His reply was, "If you think another effing hot shot doctor can guarantee you a perfect result, then you're wrong! Yeah, out of 700 cases, there's one case of dimpling!"

He totally took offense and didn't get what I was asking....He thought I was insulting him or calling him a poor surgeon...

His nurse brought him a perfectly plated cup of coffee on a blue dish with a blue cup, with whipped cream and chocolate sprinkles on top....

He asked, "Do yah want some coffee???"

I said, "No thank you."

His reply was, "Well, you sure are eye ballin' mine!"

I said, "I was just amazed how it's on a blue dish, in a blue cup, and it matches your blue shirt and blue tie perfectly...."

I'm not sure what he said, but if this guy weren't so good, I'd have definitely walked.

Weird.
We have a saying within aviation, "there are old pilots, and bold pilots, but no old & bold pilots."

Just from reading that, about a million red flags went up for me. Id run not walk outta that dudes office. I'd much rather take a middle of the road surgeon that knows his limits and what he can/cant do then get some hot shot guy that thinks he can do this in his sleep, screws it up and the tries to fix it but only makes it worse.
CTIgrad is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2014, 07:14 PM   #242
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: huff576
Stats: 246.8/223.0/200 (5' 10")
WOE: Reduced carb, walking.
Start Date: May 2005, Reboot: Jan 2014
Checking in. I had a BAD week. I don't know if I ate on plan at all this week. I was up a couple of pounds on Tuesday morning and it really messed with my head. I even went out a bought some Chex Muddy Buddies - a pure sugar drug. Combine that with a social event last night and another this afternoon, the scale is showing me 8 lbs heavier than at this time last week. Almost unbelievable.

I may skip the weigh in tomorrow and wait until Tuesday to see how much is just water weight. My clothes do not feel the stretch of an additional 8 lbs, but needless to say I was just about ready to throw in the towel today.

I will be back on plan tomorrow. It is really discouraging how one week can destroy weeks of hard work. Old habits never really disappear.

Keep working hard guys.
huff576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 01:09 PM   #243
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ChasingBulk
Stats: 218/204/187 (6'0",43)
WOE: LeanGains
Start Date: 8/18/2014
Quote:
We have a saying within aviation, "there are old pilots, and bold pilots, but no old & bold pilots."
That's a great saying, and you're probably correct. He's done 700 surgeries, so he might be phoning it in by this point. I had forgotten to put one other thing he said.

Speaking of my chest, he told my wife, "Look at him! Does he look normal to you? Of COURSE not!"

He was definitely hard selling, that's for sure.

I'm scared. I've had a few surgeries in my life, but nothing compares to this. I know I'll be waking up in some pretty hellish pain.

And then, I keep asking myself, "Why am I doing this? Why am I so insecure about my body that I would spend seven grand that I could be spending on my family? Will it make that much of a difference? I should've done this earlier."

In the end, I'm purchasing the ability to take my shirt off at the pool without feeling self conscious. I wish I'd have done this when I was 20.
ChasingBulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 09:41 PM   #244
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChasingBulk View Post
That's a great saying, and you're probably correct. He's done 700 surgeries, so he might be phoning it in by this point. I had forgotten to put one other thing he said.

Speaking of my chest, he told my wife, "Look at him! Does he look normal to you? Of COURSE not!"

He was definitely hard selling, that's for sure.

I'm scared. I've had a few surgeries in my life, but nothing compares to this. I know I'll be waking up in some pretty hellish pain.

And then, I keep asking myself, "Why am I doing this? Why am I so insecure about my body that I would spend seven grand that I could be spending on my family? Will it make that much of a difference? I should've done this earlier."

In the end, I'm purchasing the ability to take my shirt off at the pool without feeling self conscious. I wish I'd have done this when I was 20.
There's a lot to be said about self happiness and well being, that inner voice if you will. It can really set you up for failure or success. I've been riding a high the last week or so post tri and everything is going great.

Its only 7k. In the big scheme of things its not really that much money when compared to potential decades of happiness it can bring you. I fully expect that when I get to my goal weight I'll need skin removal surgery, and youre damn right I'm going to get it. I'm still in my 20s (barely) and I have a lot of years in front of me that I dont want marred by extra skin.

On a side note, have any of you heard of Garcinia Cambogia? A guy at work who is strong man and holds national records swears by it for weight loss/appetite control. I'm not sold. I did some reading on examine.com and it seems pretty bogus to me.

Here's the info: Garcinia Cambogia

My Weight Loss/Triathlon Training Blog: Or Die Trying...
Old 04-01-2014, 09:42 PM   #245
Senior LCF Member

By the way, isn't it a new quarter? New thread?
Old 04-06-2014, 05:18 PM   #246
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: huff576
Stats: 246.8/223.0/200 (5' 10")
WOE: Reduced carb, walking.
Start Date: May 2005, Reboot: Jan 2014
New Thread guys.

Boot Camp Charlie for Men - April, May, and June

Get posting - it is way too quite. No one is going to join boot camp when it is dead for 5+ days.

Last edited by huff576; 04-06-2014 at 05:21 PM..
huff576 is offline   Reply With Quote