Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2014, 12:57 AM   #181
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: shykins
Stats: 262/147 goal
WOE: atkins
Start Date: 19th April 2004
well done mimosa on the losses and gym

lola i am same as u gym mon,wed,fri and if anyone asks i have appointment that morning

soy?? ugh i hate the taste other than a splash like auilorus
x

Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2014, 01:00 AM   #182
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Mimosa23
Stats: 227.2/203.2/160
WOE: NK/ IF
Start Date: 2 January 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by lola5k View Post
Mimosa. Great one for joining the gym. Sorry yoga class didn't work out. I am sure you will find some classes to enjoy. Sounds like there is a lot of variety. I treat my gym sessions like an appointment. I have to go to the appointment lol. If I get a day that I don"t really want to go I use the appointment thought and when I'm there I'm fine with it. Great you got a buddy too

UD today and not woken up so starving so that's good. DD home this weekend for DH birthday celebs so will probably keep today a MD in preparation for meals out tomo.

Have a good one everyone
The appointment idea sounds great, I'm going to use that, otherwise I'll stop going after three times. I know myself too well, LOL!

Have fun this weekend for DH birthday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shykins View Post
well done mimosa on the losses and gym

lola i am same as u gym mon,wed,fri and if anyone asks i have appointment that morning

soy?? ugh i hate the taste other than a splash like auilorus
x
So Lola isn't the only one with the appointment, great minds and all that, Shy!
Old 01-24-2014, 01:51 AM   #183
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Ailuros
WOE: Controlled carb, real food
Well done, Mimosa. I never think I’m losing weight, then I actually look at the trend, or look back a bit and see that it has really changed! 8.5 lb in 3 weeks is brilliant!
Old 01-24-2014, 02:03 AM   #184
Blabbermouth!!!

Yes, it's pretty good! I lost the first 5 of them in the first couple of days: waterweight from all the overeating during the holidays, and of course getting back in ketosis helps...

The other 3.5 over three weeks isn't bad going for me. I think my metabolism is pretty confused, so every pound lost at the moment is a victory for me. I'm hoping that I'll see a steady downward trend when I look at the bigger picture over a longer period of time. Right now I'm chuffed!
Old 01-24-2014, 02:07 AM   #185
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

A pound a week is pretty reasonable progress! Especially if it happens while you’re eating in a way that suits you & that you enjoy.
Old 01-24-2014, 02:07 AM   #186
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aitch
Stats: 200/196/130ish
WOE: Paleo-ish
Start Date: Many moons ago.........
Well, I'm still not losing at all. I have lost inches but now I just look like a huge egg timer.
To all of you that are doing so well........A resounding WELL DONE. Keep up the good work.
Old 01-24-2014, 02:29 AM   #187
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Often u don't see losses in week 3/4 whilst your body re adjusts. Losing inches is good so u know it's still working
Old 01-24-2014, 02:42 AM   #188
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

And it’s not an egg timer, it’s an hour glass .
Old 01-24-2014, 02:42 AM   #189
Blabbermouth!!!

Heather, sometimes it takes a while for the body to catch up with weightloss. Age, height, hormones, the colour of your socks, etc. all play a role too, LOL!

If you are concerned, and you'd like some suggestions, post a couple of days' worth of menus and we can take a look if there's anything we can help with!
Old 01-24-2014, 06:04 AM   #190
Senior LCF Member

My menus are in my journal: Aitch (Heather) goes back to basics.

I never had this problem when I lost all that weight last year.
Btw, where are all your journals? I looked but couldn't find them.
Old 01-24-2014, 06:06 AM   #191
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aitch View Post
My menus are in my journal: Aitch (Heather) goes back to basics.

I never had this problem when I lost all that weight last year.
Btw, where are all your journals? I looked but couldn't find them.
Ok, I'll have a look!

I'm ashamed to say, I've started many but never really posted in my journals, just never seemed to get the hang of it...
Old 01-24-2014, 06:33 AM   #192
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I have not done a journal either, we used to post menus on here sometimes

I see u say u are exercising loads, when I upped mine couple years ago I didn't lost. Unlisted inches all over til my body got used to it
Old 01-24-2014, 09:28 AM   #193
Senior LCF Member

Thank you ladies. I'll cut the exercise a wee, tiny bit I think. I'll also up the fat some.
Old 01-24-2014, 10:51 AM   #194
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 264.6 (restart 260.2)/255/140
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: 6 May 2014
busy busy weekend moving house - eating too much - but somuch exercise, I 'm not concerned! I like the idea of gym appointments - I'll give it a go! have a grearpt weekend.
Old 01-25-2014, 06:35 AM   #195
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Junoesque
Stats: Size 18-20/14-16/12
WOE: Atkins. Ish.
Start Date: Re-started 1 January 2006
Just checking in - glad to see everyone seems to be doing well (particularly Shy - hooray!). No time for personals, sorry, but just wondering why weight is important? For me, it's the inches that count - I didn't have a clue what I weighed when I had a couple of MRI scans in the summer! Is it just me, being prone to muscle up when exercising, and therefore heavier when fit?

Juno x
Old 01-25-2014, 06:50 AM   #196
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

For me, weight is just easy to measure. I don’t tend to gain any measurable amount of muscle, no matter what exercise I do, and it takes a long time to lose an inch on my waist — I see a change in weight sooner than in measurements. But you’re right, size is more important. I keep rummaging through my wardrobe finding ancient clothes to try on.
Old 01-25-2014, 06:53 AM   #197
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

completely agree juno and as u probably know i havent weighed myself for years!!! only reason i am doing it this time is to (try) and keep me more focussed and because i am doing a U3A diet group who all track pounds lost

ugh i have to moan was going to book a holiday for feb (hub kept putting me off in january) went thru diary and between hospital, college etc appointments we cannot go in feb!!! GRRRRR
Old 01-26-2014, 07:56 AM   #198
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lola5k
WOE: Low Carb/Atkins/JUDD
Start Date: Atkins 2004/JUDDD Feb 2012
I have to weight. Using the measurement thing just doesn't work for me I wish it did cos those scales can be the difference between a happy day and a sad day lol.

Had lovely meal last night but think that the poppadoms have upset me today and I.ve got the stomach cramps and bloating.. possibly they have a lot of gluten in them and I am beginning to discover that my body doesn't like this kind of stuff!! lol

So today is really a big DD and I am actually enjoying it lol
Old 01-27-2014, 01:14 AM   #199
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Everyone!

Vicky, I hope the house move went well!

Juno, I agree inches count most, as I just want to look good, but the weight is another thing to measure for me. I don't really measure my inchloss, and seeing as I've still got quite a bit to lose, the weightloss will motivate me. I think at some point inches will be more important, as soon as I'm close to where I want to be.

So far so good on the diet, I'm finding it easy to stick to and it's nice to eat two meals on weekends. I do notice I'm less hungry, so the meals are getting smaller.

Yesterday evening a cold came on, really weird! Felt fine, just a burning itching sensation in my nose and a feeling of blocked ear, nose and eye, LOL.
Today I woke up with a full blown cold, but still feell just fine thankfully! Just a bit sniffly!

We had a few inches of snow yesterday, which was very pretty! Spent a lot of time outside, the dog loved it! Today it's all gone again, three degrees and sunny.

Hoping my fasting, the food I eat and some supplements that I take will make my cold pass quickly.

Here's the menu:

B and L: BPC
D: leftover homemade Kohlrouladen: Parcels of savoy cabbage filled with ground beef and spices/herbs. Really nice. Made this on Saturday and of course made way too much, so tonight we get to eat it again

female, 38y/o, 5'10"

UK/European LCF Hangout: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...-1-2014-a.html

Last edited by Mimosa23; 01-27-2014 at 01:15 AM..
Old 01-27-2014, 01:31 AM   #200
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mimosa hope the cold feels better soon, not good I your job!!

No loss today but not surprised as had 2 weeks of big losses and have had a bad tum all week
Old 01-27-2014, 01:35 AM   #201
Blabbermouth!!!

Sorry to hear you had a bad tum, Shy. Hope you feel better soon!

Cold is annoying with my job, you're right. Can't smell a thing so I'm catching up on administrative stuff, LOL!
Old 01-27-2014, 01:41 AM   #202
Senior LCF Member

Good morning everyone.
I am happy to report that I am down 2lbs today.
Ok. I know it's not a huge amount but after all this waiting it is a mountain to me.
I am like Juno in that the scales can make or break my morning, or the first bit of it anyway. It is nice to see the inches go but it is the weight I have to report to the diabetes nurses so that has to be what counts with me.
Did anybody else get caught out in the hail at the weekend??? I was out with the dogs when it hit. They were terrified and it really hurt. I had to crouch and cuddle them all to me and sort of huddle over them. When I finally got nearer home I sent them on ahead and they couldn't get home quick enough. Poor babies.
I hope everyone is well (sorry about your cold Mim)and that you all had a lovely weekend.
Old 01-27-2014, 01:43 AM   #203
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aitch View Post
Good morning everyone.
I am happy to report that I am down 2lbs today.
That is great news, well done!!!!!!
Old 01-27-2014, 02:06 AM   #204
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/114/115-120
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013

Popping by to catch up.

shy - it's good to remain weight stable when you've been unwell. Your body's got enough going on to manage its electrolytes and water when people have stomach problems - it temporarily doesn't care about your interest in a number from a weighing scale.

Juno - unfortunately, I don't seem to muscle up at all, I so wish that I did. I had a body fat assessment last year and the results were wretched but the most interesting finding from it is that I have an unusually low LBM for someone who is 30yrs older than I am, never mind my demographic. This assessment needs to be confirmed at some point.

Ailuros - I hope you find some more clothing discoveries and post them. Your Egyptologist-look photo in the Rohan skirt was charming

Aitch - well done on the initial 2 lbs, it is important because sometimes it's so hard to believe that it will ever happen. I was fortunate enough to miss the rain/sleet/hail when kayaking or that might have been pretty unpleasant.

Mimosa - gosh, I haven't had stuffed cabbage leaves in an age. I may well prepare some this week. I'm about to purchase a couple of German baking books to add to my repertoire as I keep reading that they use much less sugar than many UK baking recipes and I'm interested in how they do that and still keep a good texture.

Lola - always tricky to tell with pappads or poppadoms as some of them do have wheat as well as lentil flour. Or, people make them with lentil flour but then dress the hands with wheat flour to pat them out. Even now, I can be stupidly thrown by an unexpected reading on the weighing scale - apart from registering it as a useful indicator as to whether I'm swollen after exercise, I'm trying to treat it as one of many indicators, not something that can dictate my mood (I'm not always successful at this).

I haven't seen Kissa recently. I wonder if they're busy deciding about their garden in Devon.

Vicky - I hope that the McKenna programme is useful to you.
July 2014 Life, eh! In March I had a DXA scan which revealed very low muscle mass (sarcopenia) so I'm still thinking about how to cope with that. I may miss questions that people ask me or personals. Apologies if I do, it's not intentional and normal service may resume at some point

Last edited by SlowSure; 01-27-2014 at 02:08 AM..
Old 01-27-2014, 06:02 AM   #205
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lola5k
WOE: Low Carb/Atkins/JUDD
Start Date: Atkins 2004/JUDDD Feb 2012
2lbs is great Aitch better than up 2lbs

I was in the shopping centre when the storm came...ha ha...all the kids were running around screaming it was pandemonium.

Slow Sure: Has you move all gone OK now...you are relocated?

I.m with you still Shy with the tummy stuff...still not right today but hopefully feel better tomoz.

Having new windows and doors fitted today and was hoping that the snow that was forecast wouldn't come and my prayers were answered its been dry and sunny most of the morning and I can now see out of some of my windows lol. The others were filthy dirty ha ha.

One goal at a time. One pound at a time. One day at a time

Last edited by lola5k; 01-27-2014 at 06:04 AM..
Old 01-27-2014, 06:14 AM   #206
Senior LCF Member

Lola, you do know that you don't have to replace windows when they get dirty don't you?
Old 01-27-2014, 07:04 AM   #207
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

well done aitch!!! keep up the good work and lol at lolas dirty windows!!

lola hope u feel better soon, mine was my damn hiatus hernia which seems to pop put once a month.

slow thanks for the words and the coffee

x
Old 01-28-2014, 02:31 AM   #208
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi all!

Well I gained 5 lbs (water weight) over night. I have water retention because of TOM being round the corner, my awful cold, and muscle aches from my back rehab class.

Hopefully when they go they'll take a couple of friends in the fat lbs category with them, LOL!

Feeling ok, despite being a snotty sniffy ball of cold. I have a feeling it will be gone soon, as I'm going through the stages quicker than usual. This is an awful feeling but a good one, because this means I may actually be better within a week!

Here's the menu:

B: BPC
L: BPC with whey protein, to up the protein macros a bit.
D: Big steak with homemade herbed butter and saurkraut on the side, shirataki noodles with crumbled feta to soak up all the yummy steak cooking fat and juices.

Have a good day everyone!
Old 01-28-2014, 02:41 AM   #209
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hope you feel better soon, Mimosa, and that all the excess water whooshes away. It’s quite likely you’re still burning fat underneath all that water.
Old 01-28-2014, 03:41 AM   #210
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/114/115-120
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by lola5k View Post
Having new windows and doors fitted today
If the ones you're replacing are aluminium might I purchase bits of them, please?

Herts place has aluminium windows - some bits amiss with them but nothing that warrants a full replace. But - it's proving very difficult to locate replacement parts, short of salvaging them from people having them replaced.
Closed Thread