Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2014, 08:10 AM   #241
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ladyathome
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4myfuture View Post
Caught up on all the threads. Everyone is very motivating! I've enjoyed reading.

I've cut the diet soda---it was creeping back into my diet and I know it's not good for me. It causes cravings and bloat.

I just got Jillian Michael's newest 30 or 60 day shred, so we will see how that goes. I'm liking the idea of working out in the morning and then going to work. I'll start with one DVD and then mix in my walking outside---it's just been so darn cold.... 8 degrees yesterday morning!

I'm ready for a summer of feeling good. Anybody doing anything else besides lose some inches? I'm letting my hair grow long for a change...not giving into the temptation of cutting it off.

Have a successful day.

Daily Mantra: Mindful Eating, Positive Self Talk
I am growing my hair too. I had let it grow to waist length. I got to the point where I was ready to cut it. I got it cut to mid back length. Then a couple months ago I got it cut up to just above shoulder length. It's cute and I like it but I think I prefer more length. So I am letting it grow.

I am back down to 145 today. Hoping to get going in the right direction again.

Not sure what all I will eat today.

Have a good day everyone.
ladyathome is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2014, 08:43 AM   #242
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 4myfuture
Stats: 216/186/166
WOE: healthy lower carb meals - no snacking
Wow,ladyathome---you had really long hair! I can't usually get it to my waist, but I want to get it long enough to be down my back, past the shoulders a lot.....I like being able to put my hair up in different ways, hoping to be able to different kinds of braids this summer. I usually get impatient and chop it off, so I'm going to let it grow this time!

Off to eat my low carb lunch.....
4myfuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 09:37 AM   #243
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Beebug123
Stats: 250.5/205/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: July 13, 2011
Thanks for the welcome! I recognize a few names Ok so my official weigh in for today was 210. Eek! But hey, I stopped gaining before I made it to the obese BMI, right? It is really hard maintaining. I had such a high during my loss. I felt amazing because I loved how I looked. But then reality hits and the novelty wears off. DH and I focused on paying off lots of debt and I cut my spending which meant in my being cheap I often skipped LC meals. I got 2 new pairs of running shoes for xmas so when DH doesn't have an early work meeting he and I will be going running again. I have only ran one time since I did the mud run in my avatar pic. I ran a 2mi fun run for the art program in a local school district. DH has been hitting the gym regularly but they have stopped running in favor of weight lifting so he has been wanting me to run with him for awhile but my shoes were in awful shape to run in and I have some issues with my feet so I can't just go out and buy any old cheap pair of shoes to run in. Anyhow due to his weight building when I get my weight down I will actually weigh less than DH which has happened never in the 19 years we have been together!
re the hair...I am pretty bad about getting mine cut on a regular basis but I am planning to go this coming weekend and get a lot cut off. One of the side effects of my weight loss was that it shocked my body and I lost a LOT of hair. It started growing back fine but all of these baby hairs meant my hair was a mess for awhile. Now the baby hairs are hitting above my shoulders and anything that is still longer than that is a horrible dried out mess. I have some wicked split ends.
Goal #1 225lbs "first 25" *reached 9/21/11*
Goal #2 214lbs "overweight bmi" *reached 11/12/11*
Goal #3 199.5lbs "onderland" *reached 2/1/12*
Goal #4 178lbs "normal bmi"
Beebug123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 10:30 AM   #244
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Crazy Cat
Stats: That's me on the left! 194.5/190/150. 54 & 5'5"
WOE: Lower carb-cutting back on wheat & refined sugar
Start Date: Restarting LC 7/17/13
Hey to all the new people!

I caved last night and ate mac & cheese. Now I'm up 2lbs. So back on plan today. Will probably try to stick to eggs, cheese & tuna.
Crazy Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 10:40 AM   #245
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ValR
Stats: 178/153/140
I'm the opposite on hair andcut mine quite short last week. I wanted something different so I went short and sassy. I always look at the new year as a time to make changes and went for a hair makeover.
ValR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 10:52 AM   #246
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mjgh06
Stats: F42/5'8 - 207/162/130
WOE: Atkins Induction/Juddd Modified
Start Date: 10/5/13
I have never had long hair. The longest I ever allowed it to grow without becoming impatient and cutting it off was just below the shoulders. My excuse for not having it was 'I really prefer short hair', inwardly the reason was I didn't want the added weight on top of my weight.

My dd on the other hand is doing great at getting her hair long. It is now mid back. She wants it to be as long as Tangled's. I say that suits her because her hair always is a tangled mess..
mjgh06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 12:34 PM   #247
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nikki
Stats: 185/130/120
WOE: Low-carb IF/JUDDD Vegetarian
Start Date: November 20, 2013
Hey, if you get all your hair cut off, you can take off a whole pound! lol
nikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 12:38 PM   #248
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki View Post
Hey, if you get all your hair cut off, you can take off a whole pound! lol
That explains s my weight loss because my eating wasn't too good.
Old 01-08-2014, 01:01 PM   #249
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: onceNforall
Stats: 307.5/297.5/225 (so I can have knee surgery)
WOE: Healthy Choices/Positive Attitude
Start Date: 1/1/14
Wow....just found this thread and gonna hop on the wagon! I need all the accountability I can get. I do post on the Daily Weigher Thread but this looks like a lot of support and I can use it all. Looks like it might take me a while to catch up on all your posts.

Looks like I might be the oldest and largest on here...but heck, just gives me more motivation! I started 1/1/14 and have managed to lose 7lb the first week. Not following any particular plan....so sick of counting points/calories/carbs/meals etc and just trying to make healthy choices. I am trying to avoid the sugar and bread/pasta, but not saying I will "never" have them. I don't do well when feeling deprived and tend to feel like I've "blown it" if I go off a plan and then eat out of guilt and shame.

I'm also working really hard on feeling like a success rather than a failure. Have been morbidly obese my entire adult life and DIEting for over 55+ years now. I have dropped 30/50/70lb many times but never get to goal and always gain it right back (and more). Was horrified to see I'm at my highest weight ever (over 300).

Don't really have a goal weight in mind for this challenge but would love to lose 30-40lb and just feel more comfortable in my own skin!

67 years young

My Journal:
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...cenforall.html
onceNforall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 02:41 PM   #250
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: love2live
Stats: 270.5/245/150
WOE: Atkins - induction **ultimate goal 150**
Start Date: 1/01/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phase View Post
Welcome love2live and Beebug!!

I'm down another pound to 182.2 this morning! I'm getting close to a new decade and that's always exciting for me. lol I'm enjoying some diet hot chocolate with CO for breakfast but I need to go grocery shopping soon because the pickings are getting slim and hubs chips have been staring me down the last few days.
Thank you for the welcome. Congratulations on another pound gone.
Throw those chips away!
love2live is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 04:11 PM   #251
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: fran1963
Stats: 179/155/135 5'3"
Start Date: Jan 2009
You all are sounding very inspiring! I've been pretty much on plan, but seriously need to check my portion control. I'm sure tracking would help too, but the time involved..yikes!!
Went back to work today and it actually felt good. Hoping that a schedule will help. Have a great night everyone!
fran1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 04:20 PM   #252
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mayleesa
Stats: (5'5") 209/176.4/140lb
WOE: low carb
Start Date: 12/26/2013
ooooh that 199 is an elusive critter....200.0....200.4....200.2 why is it onderland is such a tricky fish... I'm still pluggin away keep on goin everybody!!!
mayleesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 04:45 PM   #253
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Phase
Stats: 191/80s/30s - 5'3"
WOE: Low Carb/Keto
Start Date: January 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by love2live View Post
Throw those chips away!
Haha! I wish I could toss them! My husband wouldn't be happy if I threw them away though.. but maybe I can convince him to take them to work tomorrow or something. lol They're an unopened bag from our new year get together. I'm just thankful that everyone ate all the marshmallows so at least those haven't been tempting me this past week.
Phase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 04:52 PM   #254
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthy for life View Post
I'm a big fan of jillian michaels video series. love the 30 day shred and she has two yoga videos too. go and buy some nice yoga pants ( I love lululemon groove pants) and it will make you motivated to do it. Plus your but will look amazing in those pants!
One of my goals is to have my butt look nice in any pants. I have always wanted to wear those really low cut jeans, they were not in style when I was skinny.

I decided to log my food and ******.com. I was shocked that I am already up to 30 carbs today and I am supposed to be on induction.
Old 01-08-2014, 04:57 PM   #255
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Haha! I wish I could toss them! My husband wouldn't be happy if I threw them away though.. but maybe I can convince him to take them to work tomorrow or something. lol They're an unopened bag from our new year get together. I'm just thankful that everyone ate all the marshmallows so at least those haven't been tempting me this past week.
Oh my, we had leftover marshmallows too. I made a huge batch of rice crispy treats and gave them away to my son. I threw in the bag of peanut M&Ms too.

There is still a half a bag of Lays potato chips In the cupboard, which by the way are my favorite kind. It's hard for me to throw away good food even though I know I will never eat it.
Old 01-08-2014, 05:07 PM   #256
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TheWindCriesMary
Stats: 230/218/160
WOE: Low carb vegetarian
Start Date: January 1, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by onceNforall View Post
Wow....just found this thread and gonna hop on the wagon! I need all the accountability I can get. I do post on the Daily Weigher Thread but this looks like a lot of support and I can use it all. Looks like it might take me a while to catch up on all your posts.

Looks like I might be the oldest and largest on here...but heck, just gives me more motivation! I started 1/1/14 and have managed to lose 7lb the first week. Not following any particular plan....so sick of counting points/calories/carbs/meals etc and just trying to make healthy choices. I am trying to avoid the sugar and bread/pasta, but not saying I will "never" have them. I don't do well when feeling deprived and tend to feel like I've "blown it" if I go off a plan and then eat out of guilt and shame.

I'm also working really hard on feeling like a success rather than a failure. Have been morbidly obese my entire adult life and DIEting for over 55+ years now. I have dropped 30/50/70lb many times but never get to goal and always gain it right back (and more). Was horrified to see I'm at my highest weight ever (over 300).

Don't really have a goal weight in mind for this challenge but would love to lose 30-40lb and just feel more comfortable in my own skin!
Welcome! I'm with you... tired of counting things! I'm just trying to eat what I know is low carb and have been successful so far. Good luck to you!
TheWindCriesMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 05:20 PM   #257
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: cfine
Stats: 276/221/199
Start Date: April 2012
Yesterday's weight : 209.6
Today's weight : 209
Day 9 on plan
cfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 05:24 PM   #258
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: healthy for life
Stats: 165/156/130 height 5'5"
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 3, 2014
hi ladies! I am on day 6 totally on plan. Still down 4.5 pounds, scale hasn't moved in 2 days but that's okay after my big drop the first 4 days. I have 100% stuck to no alcohol and strict low carb, plus I've squeezed in 3 runs this week. Hope I can keep this motivation going! Glad to see the new joiners, welcome
Hope everyone is having a good week and keep checking in!
xo Ainsley
healthy for life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 05:35 PM   #259
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mayleesa
Stats: (5'5") 209/176.4/140lb
WOE: low carb
Start Date: 12/26/2013
Hi everybody joining!!! Post often so we can congratulate,motivate, and just keepit going!! We Sooooo are gonna look great this summer!!!!
mayleesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 06:56 PM   #260
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: way2fluffy
Stats: 215/205/165
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 12/28/13
Hi All. Still hanging in. Weight is up do to sodium I think. Had ham and then pho today so.........
Pho is so good. I just have bean sprouts instead of noodles.
Where is sweet poison?
Have a relaxing evening and stay warm.
way2fluffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 07:33 PM   #261
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rotay60
Stats: 142/136.6/110 for now, 4'11 1/2"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Re-start again 7/21/14 135/135.4/110ish
Tomorrow is my official 1 week on plan and no beer -yay! I showed a loss of 2.4 today, would like to see more, but will definitely settle for this. I have been dieting for the past year, so am not expecting the big water loss that normally comes with induction.
rotay60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 04:01 AM   #262
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MaryThompson
Stats: 286/275/195 @ 5'8"
Start Date: Dec 26, 2013
Dropped the Water

I dropped the water weight (from the vodka splurge) and now I'm back down to 280.5. I'm looking to fall through the 280 barrier again over the weekend and be back on my way to hitting 275 by the end of the month.

The weather is supposed to be warmer (if rainy) for the next several days, so I'm expecting to get out on the trails a few times in the near future.
MaryThompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 04:14 AM   #263
Major LCF Poster!

It's wonderful seeing the progress everybody is making in such a short amount of time on this challenge.

I'm staying on track with my eating. I'm fighting a cold and all I want to do is sleep so I'm not energetic enough to exercise.
Old 01-09-2014, 04:18 AM   #264
Senior LCF Member

I'm UP 1.4lbs this morning. Gosh darn those sf reese's cups and my weak willpower. I also had 3 squares of dark chocolate so that's 17 carbs in just those! I over did it with dinner too. It's still much better than if I'd given in and inhaled a whole bag of chips but it'll take me twice as long to lose any weight if I keep gaining over a lb of it back every other day. I'm sure I can do better than this. lol
Old 01-09-2014, 05:32 AM   #265
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TheWindCriesMary
Stats: 230/218/160
WOE: Low carb vegetarian
Start Date: January 1, 2014
Quote:
I'm UP 1.4lbs this morning. Gosh darn those sf reese's cups and my weak willpower. I also had 3 squares of dark chocolate so that's 17 carbs in just those! I over did it with dinner too. It's still much better than if I'd given in and inhaled a whole bag of chips but it'll take me twice as long to lose any weight if I keep gaining over a lb of it back every other day. I'm sure I can do better than this. lol
Well at least you know why you're up! I ate awesomely yesterday and today I'm up 0.6 of a pound!
TheWindCriesMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 06:10 AM   #266
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWindCriesMary View Post
Well at least you know why you're up! I ate awesomely yesterday and today I'm up 0.6 of a pound!
Ow, I hate when that happens! Even knowing that it's pretty normal doesn't keep it from bumming me out when it happens and I've been good the days before. Do you weigh in everyday? I'm trying to ween myself off it so I won't have to see when it bounces around but, silly me, I haven't been able to swing it yet. lol Hang in there though, I'm sure it'll start going down again soon!
Old 01-09-2014, 06:29 AM   #267
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sk8termom
Stats: 291/266.5/170
WOE: modified Atkins
Start Date: April 1, 2014
eating too much fresh pork sausage - zero carb but I think too much sodium here. Feeling bloated out some more. I'm at a weight now, 284, where I have frequently stalled in the past. Must be patient, it's hard for me though.
sk8termom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 06:49 AM   #268
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nikki
Stats: 185/130/120
WOE: Low-carb IF/JUDDD Vegetarian
Start Date: November 20, 2013
Funny thing to report from last night:

I save my whole snacking budget for late at night so I can stay on plan. Last night I ran out of time so I couldn't get all my walnuts eaten before bed (I buy nuts-in-the-shell and crack them one at a time to slow myself down). But I know that under-eating calories on an UpDay slows down weight loss. So yes, I knew I had to eat MORE calories, and fast. So I ate two additional low-carb (not low-calorie) cookies. It felt so decadent! I love JUDDD. On how many diets are you concerned that you aren't eating enough calories, and as a result have to force down more cookies? lol

No weigh in today. Made my 10000 steps yesterday, walked 2.65 miles with 22 pounds of weights, 37 "very active minutes" according to my Fitbit. Which, by the way, I LOVE. So glad I got it.

nikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 07:15 AM   #269
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mjgh06
Stats: F42/5'8 - 207/162/130
WOE: Atkins Induction/Juddd Modified
Start Date: 10/5/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8termom View Post
eating too much fresh pork sausage - zero carb but I think too much sodium here. Feeling bloated out some more. I'm at a weight now, 284, where I have frequently stalled in the past. Must be patient, it's hard for me though.
Maybe try upping your fat intake. I sometimes eat two -three sausage patties a morning if not 4-5sl bacon. But as long as my fat is around 70-75% for the day, I usually don't stall out. Fat and water are my go-to's when I stall.

Well, same weight today, no gain, no loss. I guess I am going to just have to stay on plan and come what may until I am off the antibiotics for my foot. That and make sure I eat breakfast/lunch not just dinner. That always stalls me, but most days I just forget to eat til everyone comes home.

So my plan for today
B - Cheesy Bacon quiche
L - 1c romaine with 3oz beef round tips, 1/4c shredded cheese and 2tb mayo
D - 1 porkchop and 1/2c mashed cauli

"Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently."Henry Ford

My Weight Journal ~MissyDee~

mjgh06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 07:21 AM   #270
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ladyathome
Day 8 for me. 144 pounds.

I woke up last night and was sickto my stomach. This happened a couple of times before when I tried to get back on LC. However the previous times it happened on around day three. I thought I was past that point this time so it wouldn't happen. I was wrong.

I stopped trying to LC the other times because who wants to be sick. This time I will try to keep plodding along. Hopefully it is all over. I feel like eating light today so I need to find some LC options. So far I have just had coffee.
ladyathome is offline   Reply With Quote