Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2014, 08:17 PM   #211
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: way2fluffy
Stats: 215/205/165
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 12/28/13
It's Monday. Beautiful and sunny. Had to work but got to drive between offices so that's a plus.
Eating was good. As someone posted before, it's staying OP months from now, and then years ( good Lord willing ).
I was hoping to attend the beginning yoga at 6 am, but have an early patient so Thursday will have to do.
Have a great night all.
way2fluffy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2014, 01:23 AM   #212
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ivybox
I started few days ago! I am in! I just need to start seeing losses this year. Weight losses! I battle thyroid problems and progesterone so all the exercise has been fruitless for weight loss so far! Praying this lifestyle change will help me. I don't even know what to hope for by June! I have a LOT to lose.
ivybox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 03:30 AM   #213
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CK31040
Stats: 142/125/125
WOE: Lower Carb maintenance
Start Date: Dec 27 2013: Restart
Quote:
Originally Posted by ValR View Post
CJ - I love exercise videos because they are so convenient to work out at home. What type of exercises do you like doing? I might be able to give you some suggestions.
I tried one of those kick boxing ones and it was a little too intense for me right now. Other than that i've only done a few of the 80's (i think 80's or early 90's) ones my mom had.Which consisted of stretching with a bit of cardio, that and rocking with the oldies. Right now I am doing a lot of dancing and occasional hand weights but need to incorporate more weights and more deep stretching.

I'm open to trying something new.

ivybox Welcome!
CK31040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 03:54 AM   #214
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: healthy for life
Stats: 165/156/130 height 5'5"
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 3, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by CK31040 View Post
Man was it cold today!! The car registered -18 on my way in, tires complaining they were low due to the cold.
Down another pound (5 down!) within the last few days, been playing Just Dance 4 like crazy. Its definitely worth a try if you have a WII or Xbox at home.
Thinking about buying some Yoga pants since its winter (all I have are capri's and pajama pants) and it'll be a little extra motivation.
Does anyone have any recommendations for workout videos? I know i will get bored of these games within a few weeks since there is only about 25 songs per game.
I'm a big fan of jillian michaels video series. love the 30 day shred and she has two yoga videos too. go and buy some nice yoga pants ( I love lululemon groove pants) and it will make you motivated to do it. Plus your but will look amazing in those pants!
healthy for life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 04:47 AM   #215
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: fran1963
Stats: 179/155/135 5'3"
Start Date: Jan 2009
Good morning. Still in the deep freeze here and no work today. Need to keep myself busy! Eating on plan but definitely too much! I also enjoy exercise dvds, although I really need to get a solid program going. I have several Richard Simmons and Denise Austin, now to use them. Keep warm everyone and good luck reaching your goals today!!!
fran1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 05:49 AM   #216
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ValR
Stats: 178/153/140
CK - I'm at work right now but will give you some video ideas later on this evening when I can go through my collection.

My scale went down a smidge this morning but I really noticed a change in my dress pants. I've worn jeans for two weeks and now that I'm back to work I can see some loosening of my clothes. It is wonderful. I started exercising consistently in November and it's finally starting to show.

I'm back to Weight Watchers tonight and plan to go regularly for the accountability. I've also gone another day without soda and I really think it was triggering food cravings. I'm still starving because I'm reducing my portions but I haven't wanted to snack endlessly.

It's nice to see so many people on board for this challenge and also to hear how things are going for everyone. I hope will all stick with this for the long haul because it will be worth it when summer rolls around.

Eat Less, Exercise more
Increase water consumption
Spend Less, Save More
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
Take Classes for Business Degree
August Walking Goal 64/90
Miles Walked in 2014: 653
ValR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 05:52 AM   #217
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sk8termom
Stats: 291/266.5/170
WOE: modified Atkins
Start Date: April 1, 2014
kept on plan yesterday, but all bloated out today. Gained 1.5 lbs. Still down 4.5 on day 7 so it's not too bad.
sk8termom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 06:01 AM   #218
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Phase
Stats: 191/80s/30s - 5'3"
WOE: Low Carb/Keto
Start Date: January 2012
Alright! This morning I am down the 1.4lbs I'd gained the day before PLUS an additional 0.2. lol Cutting out the peanut butter snackage helped a lot. I'm still having a cup of wonderful diet hot chocolate with coconut oil though.
Phase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 06:04 AM   #219
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfine View Post
Today is day 7 being on plan. I had previous gained back up to 218 but I was 209 this morning. My lowest weigh was 204 so I am almost back there. I AM going to fit into some of my smaller shorts for summer. I have been collecting them for about a year now in anticipation of being able to wear them. It's MY year!!
cfine! Way to go!! Getting back into my shorts this summer is a big motivator for me right now. And you're almost there! You're rocking it!
Old 01-07-2014, 07:44 AM   #220
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ladyathome
Well, I was up a pound or so today. 146.6 I was afraid of that. Not giving up though.
ladyathome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 08:46 AM   #221
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cassie2
Stats: 233/225.2/150-160
WOE: Atkins induction
Start Date: January 2, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryThompson View Post
I successfully fulfilled a major commitment on Saturday which now frees up time and mental energy to work on the myriad of other things I need/want to do.

My weight this morning was down to 279.5 so I've broken (again) the 280 barrier and am on my way! I was positive for ketones yesterday, too.

I've had no slips or slides since New Year's day.

Now that I've passed the 280 mark, my new mini-goal is to be at 270 by the end of the month. I haven't seen 270 in several years, so that will be major.

Since I officially started on Dec 26, today is day 12. Down 6.5 lbs. Yee-ha!
I'm excited for you! I totally get the feeling of fulfilling a major commitment and freeing up time and mental energy! Happy for you!

And way to go on breaking the 280 barrier! My barrier is 220 - rarely break it, but I'm feeling positive about being able to break it this time.

Keep up the good work!
cassie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 08:55 AM   #222
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 144/142.7/130
WOE: IE/M&E
Great going everyone!

So far so good for me. I started Induction Saturday. I have done "something" exercise wise every day since the 1st and have kept up my water. I don't weigh in until Saturday but I'm already starting to feel the easing in my jeans.

Menu today:
B-Scrambled eggs and sausage with a little mushroom, green onions & cheddar, coffee with HWC
L - Shrimp salad with feta
S - Chicken thigh
D - Hamburger patty with either salad or green beans
TerriMM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 08:56 AM   #223
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfine View Post
Today is day 7 being on plan. I had previous gained back up to 218 but I was 209 this morning. My lowest weigh was 204 so I am almost back there. I AM going to fit into some of my smaller shorts for summer. I have been collecting them for about a year now in anticipation of being able to wear them. It's MY year!!
You can do this! Great loss already!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK31040 View Post
Man was it cold today!! The car registered -18 on my way in, tires complaining they were low due to the cold.
Down another pound (5 down!) within the last few days, been playing Just Dance 4 like crazy. Its definitely worth a try if you have a WII or Xbox at home.
Thinking about buying some Yoga pants since its winter (all I have are capri's and pajama pants) and it'll be a little extra motivation.
Does anyone have any recommendations for workout videos? I know i will get bored of these games within a few weeks since there is only about 25 songs per game.
I love my workout videos! For weights, I recommend Jari Love. She has a bunch to choose from. For stretching and leaning out, I recommend the original Callenetics. It's AMAZING what it does for your body - everything gets pulled in and tighter and you look like you weigh less than you do. Jillian Michaels makes my weight DROP, but I cuss her out the whole time I'm doing her videos lol. If I can force myself to do them, though, they are effective. You can watch clips of any of these online before you buy to see if you might like them. I can tell you that these 3 are definitely effective, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayleesa View Post
i am so impressed with everyone's progress! And I'm very thankful for the support here!! KUTGW ladies and stay WARM!!! Baby it's cold outside....on the positive, it says if youre surroundings are chillier than you are used to, you burn more calories to keep warm!! BURN BABY BURN
Oh I hope so, because it is freakin FREEZING! Schools are closed today, thank goodness. It was painful out there just walking the dogs this morning for literally 2 minutes. And I'm a tough old broad in the cold! It's just crazy out there.
Old 01-07-2014, 09:07 AM   #224
Senior LCF Member

225.4 this morning. Started at 233 on Jan. 2, so I'm feeling good about this. Today is my 6th day. My official weigh in date for one week is on Thursday.

MAJOR victory for me last night: I absolutely love the white chocolate peanut butter smidgens that Gertrude Hawk sells at Christmas time. Well I was at the mall last night and had to walk past the store, and what do I see? Smidgens on sale for half price. HALF PRICE! I wanted them so so bad, but I knew if I got them I'd start eating them and never ever stop and I'd still be fat this summer. So I didn't buy any! I feel very proud of myself - that was insanely hard to do, especially since I was feeling hungry.

I'm feeling less bloated, my stomach is still fat, but it is a smaller fat lol. And my face looks better already. My body just loves this way of eating - high fat. I'm hoping replacing the sugar with fat will make my skin look younger.
Old 01-07-2014, 12:15 PM   #225
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: love2live
Stats: 270.5/245/150
WOE: Atkins - induction **ultimate goal 150**
Start Date: 1/01/2014
May I join your group? I started New Year's Eve.
love2live is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 01:11 PM   #226
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 144/142.7/130
WOE: IE/M&E
You are more than Niki!
TerriMM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 03:20 PM   #227
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ladyathome
Today's food was

B- scrambled eggs, coffee with cream
L-bratwurst
S- Atkins bar
D- chicken with melted cheddar cheese and cream cheese and bacon.
ladyathome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 04:34 PM   #228
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: cfine
Stats: 276/221/199
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: April 2012
Day 8 on plan.
cfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 06:11 PM   #229
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Beebug123
Stats: 250.5/205/175
Start Date: July 13, 2011
Hey all mind if I join in? I've been slowly creeping up in weight trying to maintain and could really use some accountability again with a group. I will have to weigh in in the morning and update my avatar. It's probably been a year since I've posted here.
Beebug123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 09:54 PM   #230
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nikki
Stats: 185/130/120
WOE: Low-carb IF/JUDDD Vegetarian
Start Date: November 20, 2013
Yes, please do join us! Leaving this site and letting the weight creep back up is exactly how I regained the weight before. So of course anyone stopping that from happening is welcome!
nikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 04:32 AM   #231
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rotay60
Stats: 142/136.6/110 for now, 4'11 1/2"
Start Date: Re-start again 7/21/14 135/135.4/110ish
Welcome Beebug!
rotay60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 05:07 AM   #232
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MaryThompson
Stats: 286/275/195 @ 5'8"
Start Date: Dec 26, 2013
Day 14 Update

Yesterday, I spent 6 hours scanning in some 100 documents only to have them lost by a software glitch. It was very disheartening. So I gave into temptation last night and had a couple shots of vanilla vodka on ice. Felt very mellow after that.

No mixer - no sugar - just vodka, water, and ice.

Other than that, all on plan. I went to the gym on Monday, but stayed home out of the deepfreeze yesterday.

So because of the vodka lapse, my weight popped up to 283 this morning. I'm not too concerned because I know the cause, and that it's temporary water weight, and if I remain on plan it will go away.

Thanks for the words of encouragement about my breaking the 280 barrier! I popped back up above it now (as usual <sigh>), but this time I'm staying on plan instead of sliding down the slippery slope into Carbville.

Staying on plan so far has been relatively easy - I'm home with plenty of op options ... the big test of my resolve won't come until Jan 21st when classes start back up and I'm out of the house on Tue and Thur. I'll need to carry at least a snack with me, which mean planning ahead instead of going to the on-campus store for bags of nuts.

(I know nuts are somewhat on-plan, but I can munch through bags of them without stopping and they really only make me hungrier, so I have to be careful with them. I love them and miss them, but have to limit them.)

That's all what's in my head this morning. Now back to the scanner to repeat yesterday's work.
MaryThompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 05:10 AM   #233
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MaryThompson
Stats: 286/275/195 @ 5'8"
Start Date: Dec 26, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassie2 View Post
MAJOR victory for me last night: I absolutely love the white chocolate peanut butter smidgens that Gertrude Hawk sells at Christmas time. Well I was at the mall last night and had to walk past the store, and what do I see? Smidgens on sale for half price. HALF PRICE! I wanted them so so bad, but I knew if I got them I'd start eating them and never ever stop and I'd still be fat this summer. So I didn't buy any! I feel very proud of myself - that was insanely hard to do, especially since I was feeling hungry.
CONGRATS, cassie, for staying strong in the face of temptation!
MaryThompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 05:40 AM   #234
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TheWindCriesMary
Stats: 230/218/160
WOE: Low carb vegetarian
Start Date: January 1, 2014
Down 0.4 pounds today which is good because I ate a couple of crackers yesterday--very bad I know! Today I will stay completely on track.
TheWindCriesMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 05:44 AM   #235
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: harley g-ma
Stats: 195.5/183./140
Start Date: Jan.1 2014
Congrats to everyone staying on plan! I have been traveling and have not really buckled down yet.I am home now for a little while so no more excuses! I really need to get the weight off and it's not going to come off with wishful thinking!
harley g-ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 05:50 AM   #236
Senior LCF Member

G'Morning Ladies!

Welcome love2live and Beebug!!

I'm down another pound to 182.2 this morning! I'm getting close to a new decade and that's always exciting for me. lol I'm enjoying some diet hot chocolate with CO for breakfast but I need to go grocery shopping soon because the pickings are getting slim and hubs chips have been staring me down the last few days.
Old 01-08-2014, 06:04 AM   #237
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 4myfuture
Stats: 216/186/166
WOE: healthy lower carb meals - no snacking
Caught up on all the threads. Everyone is very motivating! I've enjoyed reading.

I've cut the diet soda---it was creeping back into my diet and I know it's not good for me. It causes cravings and bloat.

I just got Jillian Michael's newest 30 or 60 day shred, so we will see how that goes. I'm liking the idea of working out in the morning and then going to work. I'll start with one DVD and then mix in my walking outside---it's just been so darn cold.... 8 degrees yesterday morning!

I'm ready for a summer of feeling good. Anybody doing anything else besides lose some inches? I'm letting my hair grow long for a change...not giving into the temptation of cutting it off.

Have a successful day.

Daily Mantra: Mindful Eating, Positive Self Talk

In the end, all you need is kindness. ~Jewel
4myfuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 06:10 AM   #238
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sk8termom
Stats: 291/266.5/170
WOE: modified Atkins
Start Date: April 1, 2014
stayed on plan yesterday - one week in!!!! Lost one lb of the bloat weight.

Have a great LC day!
sk8termom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 06:23 AM   #239
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mjgh06
Stats: F42/5'8 - 207/162/130
WOE: Atkins Induction/Juddd Modified
Start Date: 10/5/13
Cassie, wonderful accomplishment - passing on the smidgens!

On plan, but up in weight today. = 165.2 Most likely because I waited until dinner to eat anything. I know I should eat most of my food intake by lunch, but just wasn't hungry yesterday. So today I am doing a fat fast.

Yesterday menu
B - coffee with hwc
L - nothing
D - 1c mashed cauli, 4oz ground beef, 1 slice Monterey Jack Cheese, 2tbs Mayo
mjgh06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 07:24 AM   #240
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nikki
Stats: 185/130/120
WOE: Low-carb IF/JUDDD Vegetarian
Start Date: November 20, 2013
Sorry for being so brief and not taking time to read the thread lately. Got in a huge fight with DS this morning and now I'm going to be barely in time for my Spanish class.

Weighed in at 162.8. One pound in four days... slow and steady wins the race, they say!

Today's an UpDay but I am going to be running around all day so I think all of my calories will be after 4 PM today.

Will check back in tonight to read everyone's progress.
nikki is offline   Reply With Quote