Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2014, 02:49 PM   #181
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mayleesa
Stats: (5'5") 209/176.4/140lb
WOE: low carb
Start Date: 12/26/2013
ugh I blew it!!! went to a football party and dang it...I ate the Tysons anytizers chicken wyngz....I truly didn't think they were that bad but WOW do they pack a punch...on the plus side they were the best option of all the foods there, AND I didn't drink any beer or alcohol or eat any of the sweeter foods, sweet/sour meatballs in sauce, egg rolls, mini pizza bites, football shapped cake/cupcakes/cookies....walked past all of those, ate the chicken poppers and didn't even think to look up the damage till I got home, DUH....oh well pick up dust off tomorrow will be lean and clean and mean!!!
mayleesa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2014, 04:08 PM   #182
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sk8termom
Stats: 291/265/170
WOE: modified Atkins
Start Date: April 1, 2014
Well, I am surviving day 5 though I have to admit I had some wine last night (sorry about that!) I'm down 5 lbs at this point, but not sure how real it is. I'll take it though

Mayleesa - great job avoiding the high carb foods at the party. I think you did well!

Ladyathome - can you share your taco salad recipe, please?
sk8termom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 04:09 PM   #183
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Shantony
Stats: 243/226/150 (5' 2")
WOE: LCHF/Keto
Start Date: Jan 1, 2014
That's the right attitude. Start again with your next meal.
Shantony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 04:39 PM   #184
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cassie2
Stats: 233/225.2/150-160
WOE: Atkins induction
Start Date: January 2, 2014
Way to go, mayleesa!

Today is day 4 for me- 227.4 - down 5.6 pounds so far! I'm on plan except for a glass of wine every night. If/when it starts to slow me down, I'll ditch it, but if I can find a way to keep it in my evenings, I'll be a happy girl.

No headache today and feeling less hungry. These are good things!
cassie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 05:09 PM   #185
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: SeaLady
This summer will be the best ever!

I plan to reach goal weight by this summer and stay there forever! I am so tired of feeling tired, looking fat and saying I'm going to be slim...but never actually getting there. I have been low carbing since November 14. Even stayed on plan during vacation and throughout the holidays!

I really am happy eating this way and looking at recipes that are posted really adds to my repertoire of low carb menus!

SeaLady

Last edited by SeaLady; 01-05-2014 at 05:12 PM..
SeaLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 05:56 PM   #186
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nikki
Stats: 185/130/120
WOE: Low-carb IF/JUDDD Vegetarian
Start Date: November 20, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shantony View Post
Nikki I'm Canadian. Where did you buy your monitor?
I got the monitor on eBay.
nikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 12:11 AM   #187
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: vella_marie
Stats: 334.4/315/140
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: 1/3/2014
Hi everyone! I hope that those of you in the midwest/ east coast are staying warm! I am down 3.6 pounds today from starting 1/3 Very excited. I still have to take measurements!!! I keep "forgetting". Today I got adventurous with food. I made mini pork chops! I haven't really eaten pork for about 4-5 years now. I was really scared but they came out really good. I made Linda's Low Carb Macafoni and Cheese as a side dish. It was soooo good! I will definitely be making both again.

I also started exercising today. I joined another challenge called Cut the Crap, and it requires exercise. I was scared to start being so heavy. I have injured myself many times trying to do what my thin friends do. So I decided to look of some dvds that someone my size could do and I found Walk off the pounds. Even better I found them on youtube! I did the two mile one today. I was nervous that I wouldn't be able to do it, but it wasn't that bad Makes wish I had found it sooner.
vella_marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 12:35 AM   #188
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: vella_marie
Stats: 334.4/315/140
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: 1/3/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayleesa View Post
ugh I blew it!!! went to a football party and dang it...I ate the Tysons anytizers chicken wyngz....I truly didn't think they were that bad but WOW do they pack a punch...on the plus side they were the best option of all the foods there, AND I didn't drink any beer or alcohol or eat any of the sweeter foods, sweet/sour meatballs in sauce, egg rolls, mini pizza bites, football shapped cake/cupcakes/cookies....walked past all of those, ate the chicken poppers and didn't even think to look up the damage till I got home, DUH....oh well pick up dust off tomorrow will be lean and clean and mean!!!
That's always the best attitude! If you fall down you have to get back up I am wary of anything packaged. I says it's chicken, but somehow it's full of carbs. And good job avoiding all the good food!

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthy for life View Post
I'm down another pound today! Yipee! nothing more motivating to stick to plan than seeing a loss have a great day everyone! xo Ainsley
Congrats!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWindCriesMary View Post
Ugh... didn't weigh today because I had some slip ups yesterday. I had about 10 tortilla chips and 2 squares of chocolate. I'm going to be really good today and weigh in tomorrow!
Just a bump in the road Tomorrow is a new day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacy O View Post
Hi All - I'm down 2lbs on the scale today I will check again the morning after my business trip. Today I woke up extremely late, feeling anxious about my trip..I'm a stress ball before I fly so breakfast ended up being a late lunch.

Congrats!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8termom View Post
Well, I am surviving day 5 though I have to admit I had some wine last night (sorry about that!) I'm down 5 lbs at this point, but not sure how real it is. I'll take it though
thats sooo amazing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassie2 View Post

Today is day 4 for me- 227.4 - down 5.6 pounds so far! I'm on plan except for a glass of wine every night. If/when it starts to slow me down, I'll ditch it, but if I can find a way to keep it in my evenings, I'll be a happy girl.

Thats awesome! And I wish I could have wine. I am really sensitive to carbs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaLady View Post
I plan to reach goal weight by this summer and stay there forever! I am so tired of feeling tired, looking fat and saying I'm going to be slim...but never actually getting there. I have been low carbing since November 14. Even stayed on plan during vacation and throughout the holidays!

I really am happy eating this way and looking at recipes that are posted really adds to my repertoire of low carb menus!

I have done the same thing for so many years. I always say, "this will be the summer", but it never is until now! Good job on staying strong through the holidays. I started low carb but gave up around thanksgiving. 100 too many social events. I just discovered the recipe section too. I am excited to try new thing. I also love Linda's Low Carb recipes. It's my staple.
vella_marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 04:18 AM   #189
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MaryThompson
Stats: 286/275/195 @ 5'8"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec 26, 2013
Happy News

I successfully fulfilled a major commitment on Saturday which now frees up time and mental energy to work on the myriad of other things I need/want to do.

My weight this morning was down to 279.5 so I've broken (again) the 280 barrier and am on my way! I was positive for ketones yesterday, too.

I've had no slips or slides since New Year's day.

Now that I've passed the 280 mark, my new mini-goal is to be at 270 by the end of the month. I haven't seen 270 in several years, so that will be major.

Since I officially started on Dec 26, today is day 12. Down 6.5 lbs. Yee-ha!
MaryThompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 04:37 AM   #190
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ValR
Stats: 178/153/140
Congrats to everyone that is seeing changes in their weight so early into this challenge. It always puts a spring in your step when you get a positive response from your scale. My scale was kind to me and the extra weight I'd gained the other day is gone!!!

I got an early start this morning and exercised and also made a healthy lunch for work today. If I plan ahead this should be doable for me. I also track my food points through weight watchers and want to see if planning my meals ahead of time helps me stay within my point range.

I haven't had a diet soda for the second day and hope to do it again today. I have a desk job and sitting all day makes me want to snack non-stop while guzzling soda. Workplace eating is my downfall.

Eat Less, Exercise more
Increase water consumption
Spend Less, Save More
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
Take Classes for Business Degree
August Walking Goal 92/90
Miles Walked in 2014: 653
ValR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 04:38 AM   #191
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MaryThompson
Stats: 286/275/195 @ 5'8"
Start Date: Dec 26, 2013
Whoops - I looked at my chart wrong. It should be 275 by the end of January. 270 is the end of February.
MaryThompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 05:08 AM   #192
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: fran1963
Stats: 179/155/135 5'3"
Start Date: Jan 2009
Good morning! Didn't have the best of days yesterday, football parties got the best of me! New day today though, hoping to see a drop on my scale this week. Good luck to everyone this week. Hope we can all get the most out of our plans..
fran1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 06:04 AM   #193
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Phase
Stats: 191/80s/30s - 5'3"
WOE: Low Carb/Keto
Start Date: January 2012
G'Morning!

I'm up 1.4lbs this morning. I had way too much peanut butter yesterday, along with 5 sf mini reeses cups. I'm going to try to eat cleaner today. I'm making low carb chicken and dumplings so I have something yummy to eat other than candy. It's a cleanish meal. lol
Phase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 06:08 AM   #194
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sk8termom
Stats: 291/265/170
WOE: modified Atkins
Start Date: April 1, 2014
had a bad night last night - ate 4 donut holes (blueberry), ugh, but didn't get too messed up. Actually lost a pound in spite of this, down 6 lbs since 1/1
sk8termom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 06:18 AM   #195
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rotay60
Stats: 142/136.6/110 for now, 4'11 1/2"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Re-start again 7/21/14 135/135.4/110ish
I have to say...I am a bit discouraged today. My weight keeps fluctuating 1-2 pounds. I am staying below 1300 calories, my macros are really good, drinking water, etc. The only things that come to mind that would hinder me are: Atkins bars, estrogen pills, or sleep aid medication.
rotay60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 06:34 AM   #196
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ladyathome
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayleesa View Post
Sometimes you have to make the best choice you can from less than ideal choices. I would have done exactly what you did.
ladyathome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 06:41 AM   #197
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ladyathome
145.2 today. I think I have had my water weight loss and it will slow down now.

This is where I need to be strong and stick it out without getting discouraged.

I can't decide if I should go to weekly weigh ins since fluctuations discourage me. Probably not because I am too obsessive to wait.
ladyathome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 07:53 AM   #198
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mjgh06
Stats: F42/5'8 - 207/162/130
WOE: Atkins Induction/Juddd Modified
Start Date: 10/5/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotay60 View Post
I have to say...I am a bit discouraged today. My weight keeps fluctuating 1-2 pounds. I am staying below 1300 calories, my macros are really good, drinking water, etc. The only things that come to mind that would hinder me are: Atkins bars, estrogen pills, or sleep aid medication.
Atkins products definitely stall some people, as will the estrogen and sleep aids. I am on a myriad of meds all which cause weight gain and add in about 10 carbs a day to my daily amount. Yes, meds have carbs in them and some add up pretty quickly. I take diabetic meds, thryoid meds, antidepressants, and meds for Lupus. I know that sounds like a lot of meds, but it is actually less than what I use to take. Since I started low carb I have gotten off cholesterol and bp meds, and have lowered dosage of most of the rest. But even still the meds really cause issues with weight loss. I do a fat fast whenever I stall for more than two days or if I gain. For me it really helps and I will start losing again.

1/1 167.4
1/2 167.6
1/3 167.8 (fast)
1/4 165.2
1/5 165.2
1/6 164.0

"Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently."Henry Ford

My Weight Journal ~MissyDee~

mjgh06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 09:07 AM   #199
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Crazy Cat
Stats: That's me on the left! 194.5/190/150. 54 & 5'5"
WOE: Lower carb-cutting back on wheat & refined sugar
Start Date: Restarting LC 7/17/13
It's 0° and my house is drafty, I refuse to take my clothes off long enough to weigh! Probably just as well, I ate way too many olives yesterday.
I've been back on LC for a week, and this is typically when I cave and eat a doughnut or something. Thankfully there are none in the house and I'm not braving the weather to go get one. Honestly though, my craving have been almost non-existent.
Crazy Cat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 10:27 AM   #200
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TheWindCriesMary
Stats: 230/218/160
WOE: Low carb vegetarian
Start Date: January 1, 2014
Today I haven't lost anything but that's still good. The day before yesterday I had a bad day so I didn't weigh yesterday out of fear. No loss is better than a gain!
TheWindCriesMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 11:51 AM   #201
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sweetpoison
Stats: 225/224/160
WOE: 80/20 PRIMAL
Start Date: 08/22/2014
I will weigh on WED. but dought much difference. I have been in this house due to the weather...not even at work since schools closed... driving me bats. I did purchase a Groupon for 20 classes of workouts with Jillian Michaels (on video) at local Curves for $39.... figure the price was right. Those workouts will be 2 to 3 per week..... and I belong to Planet Fitness so this should get me off my a$$...... I have to check but I think the first workout for Curves is this Sat. I do not personally feel that Curves is worth what they charge monthly if you join.... but this groupon is worth it for a start...
Old 01-06-2014, 11:54 AM   #202
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: healthy for life
Stats: 165/156/130 height 5'5"
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 3, 2014
Hi guys! I am doing the happy dance today!

I weighed in at 156.5 which is a whopping 4.5 pounds since I started on Friday ( 3 full days on plan) I know a lot is water and my normal weight is around 145-148 so getting back there will be the easy part. breaking through the 140's will be tougher. I think not drinking at all has made a huge difference. I am planning to go right until January 31 with no booze and I leave for a mini ski vacation (for the weekend) on jan 31 so I will celebrate with a few drinks then. Then my plan will be only 1-2 glasses of wine Friday and Sat night until I get to goal. who knows...maybe less even. I just need to get through this month of nothing and reassess. If anyone is wondering how much their nightly glass of wine is impacting weight loss- let me tell you...it does!

Hope everyone is doing great!!!!! xo ainsley
healthy for life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 12:02 PM   #203
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Crazy Cat
Stats: That's me on the left! 194.5/190/150. 54 & 5'5"
WOE: Lower carb-cutting back on wheat & refined sugar
Start Date: Restarting LC 7/17/13
When I first did LC in 2011, I found that any sort of alcohol made me gain 2-3 pounds. Wine, beer, vodka, it didn't matter. I just switched to club soda with lime. I rarely drink so it didn't bother me, but it drove a few friends crazy when we'd go out for happy hour.
I also noticed that after a few drinks I'm not as disciplined with my eating, although I still gained even when I didn't eat more carbs/calories.
Crazy Cat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 12:03 PM   #204
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nikki
Stats: 185/130/120
WOE: Low-carb IF/JUDDD Vegetarian
Start Date: November 20, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by healthy for life View Post
I think not drinking at all has made a huge difference. I am planning to go right until January 31 with no booze and I leave for a mini ski vacation (for the weekend) on jan 31 so I will celebrate with a few drinks then. Then my plan will be only 1-2 glasses of wine Friday and Sat night until I get to goal. who knows...maybe less even.
Yeah I had to cut back 100% on alcohol because it stalls me BIG TIME. SO no alcohol for me at all. I will have a nice big glass of vino when I make it to goal weight, though.
nikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 12:58 PM   #205
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: healthy for life
Stats: 165/156/130 height 5'5"
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 3, 2014
Plus it makes it easier to stay away from carby treats like chips, crackers and even nuts in excess when you aren't drinking. drinking stimulates the appetite too. darn why does everything that tastes good/makes us feel good also make us fat?!! lol
healthy for life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 01:36 PM   #206
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: cfine
Stats: 276/221/199
Start Date: April 2012
Today is day 7 being on plan. I had previous gained back up to 218 but I was 209 this morning. My lowest weigh was 204 so I am almost back there. I AM going to fit into some of my smaller shorts for summer. I have been collecting them for about a year now in anticipation of being able to wear them. It's MY year!!
cfine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 02:15 PM   #207
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CK31040
Stats: 142/125/125
WOE: Lower Carb maintenance
Start Date: Dec 27 2013: Restart
Man was it cold today!! The car registered -18 on my way in, tires complaining they were low due to the cold.
Down another pound (5 down!) within the last few days, been playing Just Dance 4 like crazy. Its definitely worth a try if you have a WII or Xbox at home.
Thinking about buying some Yoga pants since its winter (all I have are capri's and pajama pants) and it'll be a little extra motivation.
Does anyone have any recommendations for workout videos? I know i will get bored of these games within a few weeks since there is only about 25 songs per game.
CK31040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 02:26 PM   #208
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Spinster_Sister
Stats: 254/218/130
WOE: Atkins-ish
Start Date: 10/21/2013
Dang it! I got off track just after Thanksgiving and I am having a tough time getting back on board. My goal is to be able to comfortably wear a bathing suit in public - not a g=string and postage stamps job but not a suit with an attached skirt or long shorts. I have to bite the bullet and cook up a storm of steaks, chicken, BACON, cali mash, and stock up on Atkins shakes/frozen meals to help get back on track. Has anybody tried any supplements or teas? I need help!
Spinster_Sister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 03:23 PM   #209
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ValR
Stats: 178/153/140
CJ - I love exercise videos because they are so convenient to work out at home. What type of exercises do you like doing? I might be able to give you some suggestions.
ValR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 04:19 PM   #210
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mayleesa
Stats: (5'5") 209/176.4/140lb
WOE: low carb
Start Date: 12/26/2013
i am so impressed with everyone's progress! And I'm very thankful for the support here!! KUTGW ladies and stay WARM!!! Baby it's cold outside....on the positive, it says if youre surroundings are chillier than you are used to, you burn more calories to keep warm!! BURN BABY BURN
mayleesa is offline   Reply With Quote