Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2014, 10:22 AM   #151
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mayleesa
Stats: (5'5") 209/176.4/140lb
WOE: low carb
Start Date: 12/26/2013
great job everybody!!! kutgw!!!

tonight is gonna be a hard one, I'm going to a special party for someone and it's kinda a girl's only party where their will be LOTS of booze, a chocolate fountain, all kinds of cookies, cakes and did I mention BOOZE! she's making 4 different types of sangria, all kind's of flirty drinks as this party will be selling intimate items....I'm making buffalo chicken dip and bringing crystal light lemonade with a water bottle of plain vodka so I have my own options but OMG all of these drinks/choc fountain are my Achilles heal!!

I need helppppppppppp....doing so good so far and this is what gets me into trouble ALL the time! great all week and the weekends drop a bomb

Last edited by mayleesa; 01-04-2014 at 10:36 AM..
mayleesa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2014, 10:33 AM   #152
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nikki
Stats: 185/131/120
WOE: Low-carb Vegetarian
Start Date: November 20, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricia819 View Post
Happy to say that I lost 8lbs this week!
Tricia, eight pounds is incredible! It is always awesome to have major losses in the first week or two because it is sooo motivating! I bet you are feeling so accomplished and positive right now. Congrats!
Glad to hear you are over the initial "flu" a lot of people get when they start out, and it didn't last long.

My weigh in was 163.8 this morning. w00t! I am just in shock at how much more effective low carb is when combined with JUDDD. These results have made a believer out of me. And to think I was stalling on low carb, and I was eating less calories than I am now... JUDDD is my new best friend.

Easy day today, just taking down Christmas decorations and cleaning up the house after my daughter's sleepover last night. A bit of gardening later today. Yes, gardening. It's been in the mid-70's here. So sorry for all of the ladies who live in the COOOOOLD parts of the nation and the few Down Under where it is 120 degrees right now...

Today is an UpDay on my eating plan so I will be eating a lot of food today and then doing some serious walking with weights later on tonight.

nikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 11:56 AM   #153
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cassie2
Stats: 233/225.2/150-160
WOE: Atkins induction
Start Date: January 2, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayleesa View Post

tonight is gonna be a hard one, I'm going to a special party for someone and it's kinda a girl's only party where their will be LOTS of booze, a chocolate fountain, all kinds of cookies, cakes and did I mention BOOZE! she's making 4 different types of sangria, all kind's of flirty drinks as this party will be selling intimate items....I'm making buffalo chicken dip and bringing crystal light lemonade with a water bottle of plain vodka so I have my own options but OMG all of these drinks/choc fountain are my Achilles heal!!

I need helppppppppppp....doing so good so far and this is what gets me into trouble ALL the time! great all week and the weekends drop a bomb
Stay strong, Mayleesa! You don't want all that yucky sugary stuff. Sugar makes you fat and unhealthy and ages you. That momentary pleasure on your tastebuds isn't worth it! Think about your personal goals when you are tempted. Then make your choice - what do you want more? That drink/chocolate? Or (whatever your vision is)? And then live with your choice.

Have fun and enjoy that buffalo chicken dip!
cassie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 12:14 PM   #154
Major LCF Poster!

I just made myself a 2L of raspberry lemonade CL and that will BE my beverage with or without vodka and just finished making my dip and cutting up celery....dang it I wanna look HOT!!!!! thanks for reminding me it is NOT WORTH IT!!! I will report back tomorrow
Old 01-04-2014, 12:19 PM   #155
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: healthy for life
Stats: 165/156/130 height 5'5"
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 3, 2014
Hi ladies! I'm on day 2 and woke up to 2 lb drop from yesterday! Wahooooo! I have been sticking to plan 100%. The hardest thing is not having wine at night...nothing like starting on the weekend to make that ten times harder. Oh well, we are having a low key weekend with no parties or going out planned so that's makes it better. I am excited to give up the wine for 30 days to see how much of a difference it makes to my weight loss. I got my 2 runs in for 5 km so that is helping get me into ketosis that much faster. I've got a great dinner to look forward to tonight of pirri pirri chicken, roasted asparagus and cherry tomatoes. yum!
What's everyone having for dinner?? Stay strong everyone, we can do this!!!!!!
xo Ainsley
healthy for life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 12:34 PM   #156
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TheWindCriesMary
Stats: 230/218/160
WOE: Low carb vegetarian
Start Date: January 1, 2014
Quote:

I totally understand. I had a party last night that I was very nervous about but I did well. I ate a good lc dinner before I went and when the food was calling me I just started up a new conversation instead. You can do it too! Good luck!
TheWindCriesMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 01:16 PM   #157
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rotay60
Stats: 142/136.6/110 for now, 4'11 1/2"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Re-start again 7/21/14 135/135.4/110ish
Got the 3rd day "yuck" going on. Did not sleep well last night, feeling a bit achy today
rotay60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 01:37 PM   #158
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mjgh06
Stats: F42/5'8 - 207/162/130
WOE: Atkins Induction/Juddd Modified
Start Date: 10/5/13
Wow this board moves FAST!!

Fat fast yesterday and stopping the pain med helped me a lot.

1/1 167.4
1/2 167.6
1/3 167.8
1/4 165.2

Here's what I have eaten today:

B - 1 serv Cheesy Bacon Quiche
L - 2 fried eggs, 2 sausage patties
D - will be a bowl of collards and maybe a protein shake with almond milk if I can convince my dh to go to the store for the milk.
mjgh06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 02:17 PM   #159
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ladyathome
Today was so-so. I was hungry in the afternoon and ended up eating a couple tablespoons of peanut butter and some cream cheese. Oh and an Atkins snack bar. The only real no-no was the PB. I also ate seconds of taco salad at dinner. Hopefully I will still be okay.

As of this morning I was down to 146 from 149. I decided my goal for January is to get down to 142. I know it is doable if I stick to it.
ladyathome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 02:27 PM   #160
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: way2fluffy
Stats: 215/205/165
Start Date: 12/28/13
Thawing some chicken thighs for dinner tonight and lunches during week. I need to hard boil some eggs as well.
Jazzed about beginning yoga offered at 6 am at my club on Tues/Thu...they usually have intermediate to advanced level classes at that time of the day....perfect for before work.
Couldn't resist peaking at the scale, down a few.....know it's water weight and I'll be stalling and complaining soon. I WILL stick with this time until I get to ketosisand/or start seeing consistant loss. At 56 weight loss slows with dropping metabolism. I need to start lifting.
Sun is shining here. Cold but got rid of the poopsicles in the backyard. What happens when you have a german shepherd and a newfoundland.
Rambling so back to work. I had the most excellent holidays with all my four children home including spouses, friends etc. Total chaos, but loved every minute. Lots of laughter. They do leave a bit of a mess in their wake......

smile often---pray more---complain less
way2fluffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 03:19 PM   #161
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Stacy O
Stats: 212/206/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec 30 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricia819 View Post
Happy to say that I lost 8lbs this week! So I'm down from 195.6 to 187.6. It's nice to be in the 180's again. The first few days were tough, headache and fatigue made me feel horrible. But the headache was gone by day 4 and each day after that my energy increased more and more. Survived New Year's Eve, but it wasn't easy. As soon as I walked in the door I was handed a glass of wine. I had a couple sips and then switched to water for the rest of the night (had a sip of champagne at midnight). Managed to not eat any appitizers ( all of them looked delicious but were all carbs). Did well with dinner and advoided dessert (even though I was the one who brought the dessert). So glad I didn't let NYE throw me off my diet. Have another party next Saturday and a bridal shower next Sunday. I'm a little worried about getting through both of those events but going to try my best to stay on track. Hope everyone else is having a good week!!
Wow! Congrats on the 180's and good job on NYE....if you conquered that, you will be fine next week for sure!
Stacy O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 03:25 PM   #162
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthy for life View Post
Hi ladies! I'm on day 2 and woke up to 2 lb drop from yesterday! Wahooooo! I have been sticking to plan 100%. The hardest thing is not having wine at night...nothing like starting on the weekend to make that ten times harder. Oh well, we are having a low key weekend with no parties or going out planned so that's makes it better. I am excited to give up the wine for 30 days to see how much of a difference it makes to my weight loss. I got my 2 runs in for 5 km so that is helping get me into ketosis that much faster. I've got a great dinner to look forward to tonight of pirri pirri chicken, roasted asparagus and cherry tomatoes. yum!
What's everyone having for dinner?? Stay strong everyone, we can do this!!!!!!
xo Ainsley
Dinner sounds good....wine is my downfall as well!
Old 01-04-2014, 03:39 PM   #163
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: vella_marie
Stats: 334.4/315/140
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: 1/3/2014
I am on day 2 and I am down 1.4 pounds

I was planning on doing Stillman's but I figured why go back to a plan I tried but couldn't do, so I decided to just do more of an atkins type plan. Problem is I didn't prepare for that. So I boiled eggs and got everything ready to make deviled eggs and tuna salad, well... no mayo, no oils, no butters LOL nothing that makes food yummy in the house. So yesterday I had 5 strips of turkey bacon, 2 slices of ham, 3 plain eggs (yuck), 3 more pieces of ham, tuna with mustard, ACV water and regular water.

I will be heading to the store later on to get veggies and some other foods so I can eat more than ham, eggs, tuna and bacon. I also need to take my measurements.
vella_marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 04:25 PM   #164
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: vella_marie
Stats: 334.4/315/140
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: 1/3/2014
Quote:

Wow I admire your strength. A chocolate fountain and sangria? Sighs... I doubt I would be strong enough as of now. I say just concentrate on how you would feel after, IF you indulged. I am a very social person, always going out, and even though the memories are nice, I always regretted slipping up. Now I think, will this food make the day any more memorable or fun? So go have fun without the regret
vella_marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 04:26 PM   #165
Senior LCF Member

Vella Marie...I tried stillmans too and lost a lot of weight quickly for vacation last year (had only 3 weeks to drop 10 lbs which I did) but it was totally not sustainable at all! Atkins is so much better and you can do it long term. I'm on day 2 as well! we can do it!

Stacy O- wine is just so good!! my husband was drinking a glass and I had to send him to the local pub to watch the hockey game, it was driving me nuts watching him drink it. hey whatever works! lol
Old 01-04-2014, 08:32 PM   #166
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Crazy Cat
Stats: That's me on the left! 194.5/190/150. 54 & 5'5"
WOE: Lower carb-cutting back on wheat & refined sugar
Start Date: Restarting LC 7/17/13
Day 4, down 2.5 or 3lbs. Can't remember for sure what I weighed this morning.
I can manage fine without alcohol, but chocolate is my downfall. Especially things like chocolate cake, brownies, donuts, etc. I can't just have a bite, it's always 2 donuts, several brownies, or a big hunk of cake. It was easier for me the first time I did LC, I had a respiratory infection and lost my taste for chocolate.
I have noticed I already feel better without wheat. So that's a good motivator.
Crazy Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 05:22 AM   #167
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you all soooo much for the support yesterday, I had you all open on my phone rereading the "help" I asked for...I DID drink the concoction of vodka and CL that I made and had some moscato as my friend poured it in my cup before I could refuse....I ate my dip and some cheese...GUESS WHAT!!! I'm down today....0.2 of a lb but dang it DOWN!! I'm sure it's water as I'm a bit dehydrated from the alcohol but I just couldn't believe it....I will show more restraint at the next party but I made it through without much damage...I THANK YOU
Old 01-05-2014, 05:31 AM   #168
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ValR
Stats: 178/153/140
Awesome job, Mayleesa!
ValR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 07:06 AM   #169
Senior LCF Member

I'm down another pound today! Yipee! nothing more motivating to stick to plan than seeing a loss have a great day everyone! xo Ainsley
Old 01-05-2014, 08:28 AM   #170
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ladyathome
145.8 this morning. Good news is I have not had induction flu symptoms this time. Ketostix was purple yesterday so I am in ketosis.

Today's plan

B- fried egg, coffee with cream and CO
L-taco salad
D-Italian beef roast
ladyathome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 09:04 AM   #171
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: way2fluffy
Stats: 215/205/165
Start Date: 12/28/13
Mayleesa, way to stay strong!
Lost some this week despite over eating (LC but portions way too big). Portion control in the evening is something I must get under control.
Waving to all
Time to get some cleaning in before the work week begins.
way2fluffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 09:30 AM   #172
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ValR
Stats: 178/153/140
Quote:
Originally Posted by way2fluffy View Post
Portion control in the evening is something I must get under control.
Me, too!! I have problems with portion control at all times.

Yesterday I took my family to a Japanese steakhouse for my sons birthday and I'm up about four pounds. I didn't expect to see that!! I'm not going to beat myself up over it because it was a special occasion. I started back on Weight Watchers this morning and will do some extra exercising today to compensate for my gluttony yesterday.

My weight gain in the past three years was due to denial. I quit my daily weighing because I didn't want to see the truth when I weighed in. I'm now weighing myself daily and journaling my ups and downs to see what works and what doesn't. Since my weight is jumping all over the place I will only update my stats on a weekly basis.

My accomplishment yesterday was to go without diet soda all day. This is a huge deal because I usually drink at least 2 liters a day.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend and for those caught in the winter deep freeze stay warm and safe.

Eat Less, Exercise more
Increase water consumption
Spend Less, Save More
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
Take Classes for Business Degree
September Walking Goal 46/100
Miles Walked in 2014: 751
ValR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 09:58 AM   #173
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyathome View Post
Ketostix was purple yesterday so I am in ketosis.

I am jealous. I have only ONCE ever had a purple Ketostix result, no matter what. Even years ago when I was semi-anorexic and fasting for days on end.

Even now, on JUDDD, after a DownDay, my blood ketones only measure at 1.3. I can't get into stable optimal ketosis (1.5 – 3 mmol/L) for ketones no matter what I do.

Still, the weight seems to be coming off, so I must be doing something right.
Old 01-05-2014, 10:32 AM   #174
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mjgh06
Stats: F42/5'8 - 207/162/130
WOE: Atkins Induction/Juddd Modified
Start Date: 10/5/13
ValR, When you are looking for patterns on the 'why' for gain, it is usually between 1-3 days prior to the gain depending on the what you ate. At least that is how mine has always tracked.

Nikki, That's really weird. I know when I use Juddd my coloring will go lighter, but it still shows. Did you test on the strips every hour for a day? If you haven't I would try that. Everyone is different on when they will register. You just may not have tested at the 'right' time for yours to show.

Well, I stayed the same today which is fine by me. I am trying to learn what my maintenance levels are evn though I am not at maintenance level yet. I just want to know and get it figured out before I get there.

1/1 167.4
1/2 167.6
1/3 167.8
1/4 165.2
1/5 165.2

Here's my menu today:
B - nothing
L - 1c mashed cauli with 1oz ground beef and 2oz ham with 1/4c shredded Mexican cheese
D - will be Taco soup but need to go get some more HWC.

"Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently."Henry Ford

My Weight Journal ~MissyDee~

mjgh06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 11:33 AM   #175
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjgh06 View Post
Nikki, That's really weird. I know when I use Juddd my coloring will go lighter, but it still shows. Did you test on the strips every hour for a day? If you haven't I would try that. Everyone is different on when they will register. You just may not have tested at the 'right' time for yours to show.
These days I use a NovaMax Plus blood ketone monitor and I test first thing every other morning after my DownDays. I am pretty sure it is because I have been so sedentary these past two weeks (since I got the monitor). Kiddo's school starts again tomorrow, my four classes start again on Tuesday, and LIFE in general will pick up speed for me. Plus I got my new FitBit Flex yesterday so I will have motivation to be less sedentary. So I expect those ketone numbers to go up.

I wish I had bought the Precision Xtra rather than the Nova Max Plus. It is much more accurate but the test strips are SOOOO dang expensive.
Old 01-05-2014, 11:41 AM   #176
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TheWindCriesMary
Stats: 230/218/160
WOE: Low carb vegetarian
Start Date: January 1, 2014
Ugh... didn't weigh today because I had some slip ups yesterday. I had about 10 tortilla chips and 2 squares of chocolate. I'm going to be really good today and weigh in tomorrow!
TheWindCriesMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 11:52 AM   #177
Senior LCF Member

I just now went and splurged; I bought the Precision Xtra monitor. It will be worth it to have ultra-accurate ketone readings (all accounts say the Nova Max reads low) and I found a cheap Canadian source for the strips.
Old 01-05-2014, 12:14 PM   #178
Senior LCF Member

Hi All - I'm down 2lbs on the scale today I will check again the morning after my business trip. Today I woke up extremely late, feeling anxious about my trip..I'm a stress ball before I fly so breakfast ended up being a late lunch.

B/L: 3 egg scramble w/red pepper, onion, zucchini - coffee w/hwc
D: is planned as greek pork chops and roasted broccolli, maybe a side salad

I snacked on a piece of cheese and have been drinking tea today. I'm sure I'll snack on something else later. Gotta go do my nails, and pack my bag! Wishing everyone a successful week ahead!

Old 01-05-2014, 12:24 PM   #179
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Shantony
Stats: 243/226/150 (5' 2")
WOE: LCHF/Keto
Start Date: Jan 1, 2014
Nikki I'm Canadian. Where did you buy your monitor?
Shantony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 02:28 PM   #180
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Crazy Cat
Stats: That's me on the left! 194.5/190/150. 54 & 5'5"
WOE: Lower carb-cutting back on wheat & refined sugar
Start Date: Restarting LC 7/17/13
Good job Mayleesa (and everyone else!). I admire you for being able to avoid the sweets. Not sure if I could walk by a chocolate fountain.
Even back when I was doing strict induction I don't think I ever got more than a trace on the ketostix. I wonder if my old ones are expired?
16lbs to go on my 20lb goal. I will be so happy to be back in shorts this summer!
Crazy Cat is offline   Reply With Quote