Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2014, 06:03 AM   #121
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sweetpoison
Stats: 225/224/160
WOE: 80/20 PRIMAL
Start Date: 08/22/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by fran1963 View Post
Good morning! Must go face the big freeze outside today, brrrrr. Being home all day yesterday I snacked the day away, rats. Ready to get back to work so that I will have some type of schedule, it helps me stay on track. Have not exercised this week, so hoping to get moving. Back to business. Have a great day everyone!!!
I see you are in Ohio too....... this weather is beginning to get the best of me. I think I go back to work Monday... if they dont close schools due to the temp.
sweetpoison is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2014, 07:28 AM   #122
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Phase
Stats: 191/80s/30s - 5'3"
WOE: Low Carb/Keto
Start Date: January 2012
The scale was kind this morning! I lost the lb of water I was up yesterday plus a tiny bit extra. Hello 183.4! I can't wait to drop into the 70s. That's kind of sad since when I first started trying to lose weight I was 165lbs, then when I joined this site I was at 175, followed by 180 then 191... every time I lose 20-25lbs then I cave in to my cravings and binge my way back up to my starting weight plus some. I have to stick to it this time to avoid seeing another new high weight. I'm going to try to stop weighting daily since I do feel gloomy the days I see a gain. That'll be a mini challenge in this summer challenge for me. lol
Phase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 07:29 AM   #123
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rotay60
Stats: 142/136.6/110 for now, 4'11 1/2"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Re-start again 7/21/14 135/135.4/110ish
My official start day was 1/2/14. Beginning weight 141.2. Today 141.8. Going in the wrong direction too I am trying to go with an Atkinish induction, minus the 3 servings of AS. I probably consume more like 3-6 servings. I did have some pork rinds late last night, so that might have caused the gain???? I did not reach the 12-15 net carbs in foundational veggies, only about 8nc. I did watch my protein, however something else is that I had 2 Atkins approved snacks, not a daily thing for me. Going shopping today, so will get more supplies. The challenge for me is going to be no beer for 2 weeks. I use to hardly ever drink, not sure what happened here. One day at a time, right? Have a great day all.
rotay60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 07:58 AM   #124
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TheWindCriesMary
Stats: 230/218/160
WOE: Low carb vegetarian
Start Date: January 1, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phase View Post
The scale was kind this morning! I lost the lb of water I was up yesterday plus a tiny bit extra. Hello 183.4! I can't wait to drop into the 70s. That's kind of sad since when I first started trying to lose weight I was 165lbs, then when I joined this site I was at 175, followed by 180 then 191... every time I lose 20-25lbs then I cave in to my cravings and binge my way back up to my starting weight plus some. I have to stick to it this time to avoid seeing another new high weight. I'm going to try to stop weighting daily since I do feel gloomy the days I see a gain. That'll be a mini challenge in this summer challenge for me. lol
The scale was good to me this morning too! Down three pounds. Had a really good breakfast this morning--sauteed asparagus and fried eggs. Yum!
TheWindCriesMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 08:24 AM   #125
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: healthy for life
Stats: 165/156/130 height 5'5"
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 3, 2014
hi guys! I'd love to join this challenge!

I am 36 years old, RN who works full time, married with 2 girls age 4 and 2. I weighed in today at 161 which is my highest weight I've been since I gave birth! In fact I weighed in at 160 the day I gave birth to my first daughter 4 years ago (when she was still in my tummy!) My normal weight is around 145 so this is a lot for me. I had a super indulgent holiday season plus I was doing a lot of stress eating/drinking as I have been going through a bit of a breast cancer scare the past month. It looks like everything is going to be okay but it's been a huge worry.

My plan is to commit to a strict low carb plan of 100% real food, no artificial sweetener, franken food or low carb treats. Induction level carbs and no alcohol (this will be tough as I love my wine) Also I plan to run 5 km 4-5 days a week ( I got a treadmill for xmas and i love running)

I don't have any winter vacations coming up but would love to be at my goal in time for cottage season in May. I would like to lose 30 lbs and get back to my pre-preggo weight of 130 that I was 5 years ago before I got pregnant with daugher #1. I am looking forward to getting to know all of you and am very excited to go on this journey together!!

Ainsley xo
healthy for life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 08:52 AM   #126
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: 2BoysMom
Stats: Too pissed to talk about it
WOE: Keeping it simple- Hi Fat, Mod Protein and Lo Carb
Start Date: 1.26.2004 - 1st time. This time 1.1.2014
Joining in - I turn 50 in May, and I want to be able to wear something cute on my birthday, darn it!! I also need to get a lot healthier overall and stop this nagging back pain, which I am sure is largely due to my weight.
2BoysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 09:01 AM   #127
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Crazy Cat
Stats: That's me on the left! 194.5/190/150. 54 & 5'5"
WOE: Lower carb-cutting back on wheat & refined sugar
Start Date: Restarting LC 7/17/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpoison View Post
Good Morning all........ yesterday was not bad until evening...... cabin fever (10 feet of snow and cold) along with a pain in the a$$ man..... I did have alittle ice cream with a couple oreos..... not a good idea but is a problem with me and my emotional eating..... but I did just have alittle..... I have to work on that!!! So far this a.m. is coffee and some bacon.
I feel your pain, I am definitely an emotional eater. Good emotions, bad emotions, let's eat a pint of ice cream! When I found out my aunt had died I ate half a chocolate cake.
Sounds like you have a good start on today. I guess it's hard to keep your mind off food when you're buried under snow. I'm a little south of you in Cincinnati, I can't believe how cold it's going to be for the next few days.

Last edited by Crazy Cat; 01-03-2014 at 09:04 AM..
Crazy Cat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 09:36 AM   #128
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nikki
Stats: 185/131/120
WOE: Low-carb Vegetarian
Start Date: November 20, 2013
I won't have much time to post today and there won't be much to post anyway.

It's a DownDay so I am eating two eggs and some broth, maybe a GG's Scandinavian crispbread to keep the supplements down. I don't weigh in on DD's.

No time for a workout since I am going to be running around all day doing errands and I literally won't be home until after midnight. Probably more like 2 AM. Busy, busy day ahead!
nikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 09:51 AM   #129
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Lisa
Stats: 205/205/145
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: 1/3/2014
Alright, count me in. I have never posted on a BB before, but what the heck, maybe it will motivate me. I turned 51 last October, and really, it is time to get healthy! Plus, I'm sick of being fat during the summer, totally embarrassed and sweating. So yeah, count me in!

B. LC Almond flour/yogurt waffle, 2 slices bacon, coffee W/ half and half and splenda
Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 11:41 AM   #130
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Phase
Stats: 191/80s/30s - 5'3"
WOE: Low Carb/Keto
Start Date: January 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWindCriesMary View Post
The scale was good to me this morning too! Down three pounds. Had a really good breakfast this morning--sauteed asparagus and fried eggs. Yum!
Alright! 3 pounds down is awesome! Your breakfast sounds really yummy. I like asparagus but I've only had it when dining out because I'm a bit unsure about cooking it myself. I'm going to have to find some recipes for it. lol
Phase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 12:59 PM   #131
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TheWindCriesMary
Stats: 230/218/160
WOE: Low carb vegetarian
Start Date: January 1, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phase View Post
Alright! 3 pounds down is awesome! Your breakfast sounds really yummy. I like asparagus but I've only had it when dining out because I'm a bit unsure about cooking it myself. I'm going to have to find some recipes for it. lol
It's a bit expensive but totally worth it! I cut the ends off (about an inch) and put it in a frying pan on md/high with about 1 tbsp. olive oil and saute it for about 10 minutes. It's soo good with eggs... great combination.
TheWindCriesMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 02:03 PM   #132
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nikki
Stats: 185/131/120
WOE: Low-carb Vegetarian
Start Date: November 20, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa View Post
Alright, count me in. I have never posted on a BB before, but what the heck, maybe it will motivate me.

Hi Lisa! So glad you joined us! You will find LFC the most supportive and best-informed bunch of Low-Carbers online. I love this site and whenever I leave for a while I always regret it. Coming back here just feels like home.
nikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 04:18 PM   #133
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ValR
Stats: 178/153/140
It's nice to see everybody is off to a good start. Have a wonderful weekend!!
ValR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 05:12 PM   #134
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ladyathome
Great to read everyone's updates. Know we can do it.

Today was day 2. So far so good. Down two pounds. I know its water but I amglad to see it gone.

B- fried egg, coffee with hwc and coconut oil
L-chicken salad from Subway
D- no real appetite so I might find a little something simple.
ladyathome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 05:34 PM   #135
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sweetpoison
Stats: 225/224/160
WOE: 80/20 PRIMAL
Start Date: 08/22/2014
stronger.jpg

Sure hope so...... because I am sure to need it.
sweetpoison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 07:56 PM   #136
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: cfine
Stats: 276/212/199
WOE: NK
Start Date: April 2012
Love reading everyone's posts.

Today was day 3 being back on plan today. I have been hungry most of the day but have eaten plenty so I guess I will just have to suffer thru until tomorrow. Day 3 is always like this for me though so no big surprises. I have decided to just focus on staying on plan for this month. Next month I will tackle something else, like cutting out my diet sodas.
cfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 10:09 PM   #137
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: way2fluffy
Stats: 215/205/165
Start Date: 12/28/13
Hi all. Good Friday as DFIL home from the hospital
We had chinese for dinner so I just ate veggies and proteins but may be over carbed from sauces.....really hard to judge.
Would really like a glass of scotch but having tea instead. I've got to stop drinking so often. It's been a real block to losing.
Not sure what I should do about how often to weigh myself. I think I'll weigh on Sundays so as to give me more motivation to not drink on Friday and Saturdays.
Had an avacado and 3 pieces bacon with a large kale salad. Really obsessed with kale salads.....nom nom nom.
This group is really coming together. My goal is to stick with it without backsliding and have a significant loss by summer.

smile often---pray more---complain less
way2fluffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 12:00 AM   #138
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mandys mom
Stats: 215/200/140
WOE: Low-carb
Start Date: restart Dec. 26/2013
Good evening all. Great to see so many people joining this group, we are becoming one big happy. Nikki thanks for that OMM recipe and link. I will be getting my supplies this weekend. Looking forward to it. Ainsley, hows the treadmill running going? You sound motivated! Keep it up. Phase, yay on your loss! I fell off the wagon a bit...birthday potluck at work. Still drank lots of water though and also tracked it (only 490 calories over and 46g carb total). Waytoofluffy, so happy to hear about fil and pat yourself on the back for your good decisions.

Have a great weekend everyone...STAY FOCUSED...check in here often.

Last edited by Mandys mom; 01-04-2014 at 12:02 AM..
Mandys mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 01:38 AM   #139
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sk8termom
Stats: 291/259.5/170
WOE: modified Atkins
Start Date: April 1, 2014
Hi! I'm 59 years old and have well over 100 lbs to lose - it's hard to even type this. The only good news I have is that I haven't gained any weight since January 2013, so maybe I have some practice for maintenance.

I would like to lose 30 lbs by summer, I don't lose very quickly. I'm too huge to roller skate very well at this time, even losing 15 lbs would probably help me do crossovers better, since my upper thighs are too big to do them.

Anyway, I started Jan 1, though I indulged in a bit of Bailey Irish Cream that day. Have been pretty clean on Atkins since.

I look forward to participating here with everyone!

Last edited by sk8termom; 01-04-2014 at 01:53 AM..
sk8termom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 04:58 AM   #140
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: harley g-ma
Stats: 195.5/183./140
Start Date: Jan.1 2014
Great to see so many posting and staying on plan! I've had a few setbacks eating out but trying to a least cut out the junk! I have to do better!
harley g-ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 05:56 AM   #141
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sk8termom
Stats: 291/259.5/170
WOE: modified Atkins
Start Date: April 1, 2014
beginning of day 4 for me. Don't feel quite as headachy and dizzy as yesterday, hopefully I'm getting over induction flu. Have a great weekend all!
sk8termom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 06:28 AM   #142
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ValR
Stats: 178/153/140
This challenge is too new for me to see any weight changes but I've noticed my stomach is smaller and not as bloated. I've cut back on my diet soda to one a day and increased my water intake and it's already making a positive impact on how I feel and my skin looks clearer/healthier.

Weekends are going to be tough for me because I like meeting up with friends for cocktails and appetizers. Fortunately it's super cold here this first weekend in January and I have no desire to go outside. This removes the food and drink temptation for this week. I'm going to have to take it one weekend at a time on dealing with this obstacle and know that it will be difficult for me.

Eat Less, Exercise more
Increase water consumption
Spend Less, Save More
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
Take Classes for Business Degree
November Walking Goal 45/50
Miles Walked in 2014: 873
ValR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 07:08 AM   #143
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cassie2
Stats: 233/225.2/150-160
WOE: Atkins induction
Start Date: January 2, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8termom View Post
beginning of day 4 for me. Don't feel quite as headachy and dizzy as yesterday, hopefully I'm getting over induction flu. Have a great weekend all!
Beginning of day 3 for me. The headache yesterday was awful, but I try to put a positive spin on it - it means my body is in the process of shifting to fatburning! Yay!

I've been very hungry the past 2 days, but only in the evening. Guess that means I should eat more during the day? I've been staying on plan, but I need to start recording what I eat. I lose best and feel best when I'm at 70% fat and less than 20 carbs a day. Also, if I go below 1800 calories a day (once I'm in ketosis), I tend to slow down my loss. I'm interested to see if this is still the case for me.

Day 3: 229.4 - loss of 3.6 pounds so far. Feeling less bloated, so that's good.
cassie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 07:10 AM   #144
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Stacy O
Stats: 223/204/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec 30 2013
Good morning - no scale changes for as of yet, but I plan to measure myself later on today and start to keep record of that too.

This next week I am going out of town on a 3-day business meeting. I am going in with a will-do attitude with food, but I have the feeling I will end up indulging in red wine (or a clear cocktail - only if they have diet tonic water). I will try to do my best, I am thinking about buying some Quest Bars to have on hand in case I get stuck at the airport or find that there are limited options for me during the itinerary...breakfast seems to be the worst, usually bagels, muffins, oatmeal and yogurt. I pray they have eggs!

ValR - I have been drinking a ton of decaf green tea and water with lemon this past week (more tea than water, just to stay warm basically) and I too have noticed a difference in bloat/skin/hydration after one full day....so I plan to keep this up for sure!

Last edited by Stacy O; 01-04-2014 at 07:11 AM..
Stacy O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 07:40 AM   #145
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cassie2
Stats: 233/225.2/150-160
WOE: Atkins induction
Start Date: January 2, 2014
Trying my first bulletproof coffee. Breakfast is the hardest meal for me- nothing ever sounds good. I was scared to take the first sip, but it's pretty good! I used a little less than 1 Tbl MCT oil and 2 Tbl organic unsalted butter. I figured I'd try it on a non-workday in case it upsets my stomach.

Halfway through the cup, it's going from "pretty good" to "yum!"
cassie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 07:44 AM   #146
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rotay60
Stats: 142/136.6/110 for now, 4'11 1/2"
Start Date: Re-start again 7/21/14 135/135.4/110ish
Day 3 here. Back down 2# whew! For me it looks like this: p/f/c seem fine, problem is too low calories, and not near enough foundational veggies 12-15 nc. I know that I need to consume more veggies, and I do love them, so gotta do better planning. The last two nights my treat has been a decaf coffee, hwc, one night butter, the other coconut oil, a bit of Splenda whipped up, and it was really satisfying. It did remind me of a latte. However, I think that it would be just fine without the oil or butter. I am just not sure that I need the added fat. I am only 4'11". Doing ok so far without the beer but it is the weekend!
rotay60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 08:35 AM   #147
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mayleesa
Stats: (5'5") 209/176.4/140lb
WOE: low carb
Start Date: 12/26/2013
I am shifting between 200.6 and 201.2 yesterday and today...LC/HF/MP is my goal to stick with as well as moving 30 minutes a day at least...I've posted a sort of journey challenge in the exercise thread labeled 'where are you going?' it's about a journey of 1269 miles to my fav bar in Key West, FL Sloppy Joes Bar. I have to go at least 3.5 miles a day to make it there for 365 days. and next year I plan to be sitting at that bar looking HOT!!!! Please check out that thread it's shaping up to be a fun one!!!
mayleesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 08:36 AM   #148
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: cfine
Stats: 276/212/199
WOE: NK
Start Date: April 2012
Starting day 5 today. I was down one pound this morning. I'll take it!
cfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 10:42 AM   #149
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: fran1963
Stats: 179/155/135 5'3"
Start Date: Jan 2009
Good morning. Great to see so many of us moving forward together. Sounds like you all have this..love all the ideas for success! Trying to get a dinner plan in place, I'm thinking chili sounds good in this weather. Unfortunately I did not make my exercise goals for this week. Hopefully next week will be better. Looking forward to being able to walking again. If only it would warm up!! Sweetpoison, I too am scheduled back on Monday. Unless school is closed.....we can only dream!! Have a wonderful weekend!!!!!
fran1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 11:03 AM   #150
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Tricia819
Stats: 5'5, 195.6/173.0/135
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 12/28/13
Great first week!

Happy to say that I lost 8lbs this week! So I'm down from 195.6 to 187.6. It's nice to be in the 180's again. The first few days were tough, headache and fatigue made me feel horrible. But the headache was gone by day 4 and each day after that my energy increased more and more. Survived New Year's Eve, but it wasn't easy. As soon as I walked in the door I was handed a glass of wine. I had a couple sips and then switched to water for the rest of the night (had a sip of champagne at midnight). Managed to not eat any appitizers ( all of them looked delicious but were all carbs). Did well with dinner and advoided dessert (even though I was the one who brought the dessert). So glad I didn't let NYE throw me off my diet. Have another party next Saturday and a bridal shower next Sunday. I'm a little worried about getting through both of those events but going to try my best to stay on track. Hope everyone else is having a good week!!

Last edited by Tricia819; 01-04-2014 at 11:05 AM..
Tricia819 is offline   Reply With Quote