Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2014, 08:12 AM   #91
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 4myfuture
Stats: 216/186/166
WOE: healthy lower carb meals - no snacking
Happy New Year, I'm joining if that's ok.

Two Things for me this Year:

1. Walk more
2. Bloat less

I wish everyone luck on their journey to summer...Visualize your goal often!
4myfuture is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2014, 08:29 AM   #92
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lindawell8
Stats: 198/198/160
WOE: EFGT
Start Date: Jan. 2012
It is a good day in the neighborhood. Lost 2.5lbs this morning. Sad part is it is from the 16lbs I gained from Thanksgiving thru New Years. Weighed 165 before Thanksgiving and 181.5 at New Years. 179 today. But it is going the right way. good luck to everybody.

1/2/14 (179)
lindawell8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 09:49 AM   #93
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Stacy O
Stats: 212/206/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec 30 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWindCriesMary View Post
Yesterday was pretty good. I've got a bag of chocolate chips in the pantry calling my name but I'm about to go throw them away! I need to get some groceries today this is the list so far: salad stuff, cabbage, cottage cheese and fruit. Since I'm a vegetarian, my food options are more limited. Any suggestions from other vegetarians?
My daughter, 19 is a vegetarian, and when she is home from college (like right now) I make an effort to make low carb vegetarian meals....its tough for me as I have 2 other kids 15 &16 that don't like half the veggies she does

Anyway last week, I made veggie quesadillas on low carb tortillas, and also eggplant parmesan using parmesan cheese instead of breadcrumbs. These aren't Atkins - induction level meals, but it was the holidays, so I allowed it for myself since she is home. I also made her some spinach artichoke dip and used celery sticks to dip....she will eat this for lunch with some kind of fruit. Spaghetti squash with marinara is another fave and she does eat eggs....so veggie omelets and scrambles are made every day here practically

Stacy O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 10:22 AM   #94
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sweetpoison
Stats: 225/225/160
WOE: 80/20 PRIMAL
Start Date: 08/22/2014
Baking a lb of nitrate free bacon..... I so love this stuff by the time it is all baked half of it will be gone Did the same when I use to make cookies.

Vicki
sweetpoison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 10:38 AM   #95
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpoison View Post
Baking a lb of nitrate free bacon..... I so love this stuff by the time it is all baked half of it will be gone Did the same when I use to make cookies.

Vicki
Yum...what brand? My favorite is the one from Aldi. You've prompted me to take some out of the freezer!
Old 01-02-2014, 10:45 AM   #96
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nikki
Stats: 185/130/120
WOE: Low-carb IF/JUDDD Vegetarian
Start Date: November 20, 2013
Day 2

Didn't meet my exercise goals for yesterday so last night I strapped on 22 pounds of weights and walked the dog for two miles. My goal eventually will be to be able to carry a 35lb pack over rough terrain for many miles. But I gotta start somewhere. I am going to get a waist strap so I can walk the dog hands free and do arm exercises while I walk. ALl the neighbors will think I look ridiculous, but I don't care. One of my ultimate goals is to be able to go backpacking with my husband and my son.

UpDay today: lots of food!

Supplements
Herbal tea as desired all day long
B: Coffee, one minute muffin topped with sour cream
L: Hard boiled egg, 1 cup broccoli topped with 1 oz Monterey Jack Cheese
S: Better than Bouillon vegetable broth with chopped celery
D: MorningStar burger topped with Veganaise and 1 cup alfalfa sprouts, 1 cup broccoli topped with 1 oz Monterey Jack Cheese
Dessert: 2 homemade low carb chocolate chip cookies (to DIE for)
S: 2 walnuts, 2 hazelnuts, 2 almonds, 1 Brazil nut,
S: Better than Bouillon vegetable broth with chopped celery
S: Sugar-free jell-o

I save most of my snacking for late at night because that's when I am most tempted.

Weighed in at 165.4, down 1 pound from Dec 31st!

Can you say WHOOSH!

nikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 10:45 AM   #97
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TheWindCriesMary
Stats: 230/218/160
WOE: Low carb vegetarian
Start Date: January 1, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacy O View Post
My daughter, 19 is a vegetarian, and when she is home from college (like right now) I make an effort to make low carb vegetarian meals....its tough for me as I have 2 other kids 15 &16 that don't like half the veggies she does

Anyway last week, I made veggie quesadillas on low carb tortillas, and also eggplant parmesan using parmesan cheese instead of breadcrumbs. These aren't Atkins - induction level meals, but it was the holidays, so I allowed it for myself since she is home. I also made her some spinach artichoke dip and used celery sticks to dip....she will eat this for lunch with some kind of fruit. Spaghetti squash with marinara is another fave and she does eat eggs....so veggie omelets and scrambles are made every day here practically
Great suggestions. I'll try some of those this week!
TheWindCriesMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 11:30 AM   #98
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Crazy Cat
Stats: That's me on the left! 194.5/190/150. 54 & 5'5"
WOE: Lower carb-cutting back on wheat & refined sugar
Start Date: Restarting LC 7/17/13
Happy New Year's to everyone! Can I join in?

I'll be 55 on May 15, I'd like to lose 20lbs by then. I'm sort of a slow loser, it took me a year to lose 40lbs in 2011. I started back on LC on 12/31 and I'm down a pound and a half.
Going to the store later today or tomorrow to get some more LC staples-tuna, eggs, butter, chicken, cheese, stuff for salad.
We'll be moving in a few weeks and my other goal is to walk the dog several times a week. I want to build up my stamina so by the time warm weather rolls around I can start walking the hilly back acres.
Oh, and I'm a daily weigher. I have to have that accountability!

Start 12/31/13 199lbs
1/1/14 198
1/2/14 197.5
Old 01-02-2014, 11:32 AM   #99
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Phase
Stats: 191/80s/30s - 5'3"
WOE: Low Carb/Keto
Start Date: January 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWindCriesMary View Post
I love the Avatar too. You need to post often so I will see it and have motivation!!!
You can always make it the background on your phone or computer. lol

Someone posted this on another low carb site I frequent so I thought I'd share it. DaVinci SF syrups are buy 2 get 1 free right now with the code JAN14NY. I just ordered Strawberry, Toasted Marshmallow and Cookie Dough! I love trying new flavors.
Phase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 12:03 PM   #100
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Yum...what brand? My favorite is the one from Aldi. You've prompted me to take some out of the freezer!
I buy mine from Whitefeather Meats in Creston Ohio, same place I get my grass fed and finished beef....... so I guess they do not have a brand name...... very good stuff.
Old 01-02-2014, 12:38 PM   #101
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
...last week, I made veggie quesadillas on low carb tortillas, and also eggplant parmesan using parmesan cheese instead of breadcrumbs. These aren't Atkins - induction level meals, but it was the holidays, so I allowed it for myself since she is home. I also made her some spinach artichoke dip and used celery sticks to dip....she will eat this for lunch with some kind of fruit. Spaghetti squash with marinara is another fave and she does eat eggs....so veggie omelets and scrambles are made every day here practically
Sounds exactly like me. I eat less vegetables and more eggs/cheese since I am on an extended induction <15 carbs. But yeah, that's it exactly! Artichoke-spinach dip with celery stalks at least once a week. Veggie omelets, spaghetti squash, eggplant parmesan. Yep. Maintenance foods, though, for me.
Old 01-02-2014, 12:47 PM   #102
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Crazy Cat
Stats: That's me on the left! 194.5/190/150. 54 & 5'5"
WOE: Lower carb-cutting back on wheat & refined sugar
Start Date: Restarting LC 7/17/13
That artichoke/spinach dip sounds really good. I may have to mix up a batch of that.
Crazy Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 03:14 PM   #103
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mandys mom
Stats: 215/200/140
WOE: Low-carb
Start Date: restart Dec. 26/2013
Day 7:
B: 2 slices Swiss cheese, 1 piece Grimms pepperoni
L: 2 cups salad greens, Parmesan petals, slice bacon, Renees ranch dressing
S: ham crustless quiche

Shay, you said you drank BPC, what is that?

Nikki, I used to have the recipe for the one minute muffin but don't anymore. Can you share please?

What did you all eat today?

I worked all day and didn't make it to the gym (excuses, excuses) but my job is not sedentary so I don't feel too bad.

Not Another Fat Summer Challenge progress:
December 26 203.5
January 1 199
Old 01-02-2014, 03:29 PM   #104
Senior LCF Member

Trying to stay within Atkins Induction levels - here is today:

B: coffee w/HWC, egg scramble with a little bit of sausage, green pepper, onion
L: turkey/cheese/mayo wrapped in lettuce and a dill pickle
D: is going to be burger patties w/cheese

I drank tons of decaf green tea today and some lemon water

Before bed, i will probably have a cup of decaf chai tea w/HWC and a packet of splenda
Old 01-02-2014, 03:48 PM   #105
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mjgh06
Stats: F42/5'8 - 207/162/130
WOE: Atkins Induction/Juddd Modified
Start Date: 10/5/13
I use Atkins Induction as well. Then when I stall or gain, I go back to 72' Atkins Induction for a week or do a fat fast for a day then 72' Induction.

My weight is up today. I think due to pain meds I started Monday. My calculator shows them adding an additional 4carbs per day. I already take 10carbs in meds a day which is why I stay at induction level to lose weight. So Ugggh.. but after my foot surgery Monday, I really need the pain meds so will have to deal with it for a week or so.
1/1 167.4
1/2 167.6

Today I had

B - nothing
L - 2 fried eggs, 3sl bacon, 3 pork sausage patties
d - 1 serv Shepard's Pie (mashed cauliflower layered with ground beef and shredded cheese - 1serv is about 1 and half cupful.)

"Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently."Henry Ford

My Weight Journal ~MissyDee~

mjgh06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 04:59 PM   #106
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cassie2
Stats: 233/225.2/150-160
WOE: Atkins induction
Start Date: January 2, 2014
Hello all! Can I still join this challenge?

My vital stats:
Weight: 233 pounds, want to get down to 150-160. 160 might be more realistic, but I don't want to sell myself short.
Height: 5'7" - small-boned, according to my wrist measurement, but I don't feel small-boned.
Family: Son - 21, Daughter - 18, Daughter - 13 in a few weeks, Husband - also yo-yo-er, 2 dogs and 2 cats
Plan: Atkins induction
History: Yo-yo dieter since 1979
I have done Atkins before and love how I feel on it. I have a crazy bad sweet tooth, and I'm trying to kill it by going cold turkey no sweets. I plan to exercise with DVDs at home - Callenetics and Jari Love (weights) mostly, but I have a huge collection so I don't get bored.
cassie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 05:00 PM   #107
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandys mom View Post
Nikki, I used to have the recipe for the one minute muffin but don't anymore. Can you share please?
This is the "official" recipe:

One Minute Muffin or OMM

1/4 cup flax meal (Golden flax meal is best)
1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
1 packet Splenda or sweetener of choice
1 teaspoon Cinamon
1 Egg
1-2 teaspoons Butter

Approximately 2.1 carbs

Mix the dry ingredients in a large coffee cup. Add egg and butter; mix well. Microwave for 50-seconds to 1-minute. Muffin pops right out.

Here is a great thread full of variations on the OMM:

TWEAKING THE ONE MINUTE MUFFIN

And here's MY recipe:

1/4 cup Golden Flax Meal
1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
Few drops of stevia
3/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/4 cup egg beaters (tastes less eggy & has less calories than a "real" egg)
3/4 teaspoon coconut oil
1.5 carbs

I top mine with two tablespoons of light sour cream, a sprinkle of powdered erythritol, and an extra sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice. Mmmmm!

Last edited by nikki; 01-02-2014 at 05:01 PM..
Old 01-02-2014, 05:04 PM   #108
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Shantony
Stats: 243/226/150 (5' 2")
WOE: LCHF/Keto
Start Date: Jan 1, 2014
Anita - BPC is Bulletproof Coffee. 2c hot coffee, 2TBSP Coconut Oil, 2 TBSP Butter, 1 TBSP 35% Cream and 1 splenda pkt (I like it with one or you can go with no splenda) and 1 tsp vanilla extract. Put is all in an imersion blender until caramel coloured and voila. Took some getting used to. First time I made it I didnt mix it long enough and I had a layered drink. You want it creamy.

I eat low carb high fat/ketogenic so it helps me get my fat intake up and keeps me satiated for hours.

Last edited by Shantony; 01-02-2014 at 05:05 PM..
Shantony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 06:06 PM   #109
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: cfine
Stats: 276/221/199
Start Date: April 2012
I forgot to come and post here yesterday and now I am so behind on this thread! Yikes!

My official weight loss for 2013 was 26pounds. I ended up with a 5 pound drop this morning so I now have a good start to the new year. I don't really have a number goal in mind for this challenge. It's more about sticking with my plan and letting the scale take care of itself. I also want to quit drinking diet sodas at some point during this challenge because of some health issues that I have.
cfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 06:08 PM   #110
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ValR
Stats: 178/153/140
Quote:
Good morning!
Scale went up today...up to 213 changing stats now and marking this as my start weight. NOT exactly what I had in mind, but it certainly amped up my motivation this morning.
It's disappointing when our stats go the opposite direction of what we want. I admire you for using that disappointment to be a motivator for you. I tend to self destruct when I slide backwards and need to have your positive attitude when I have a setback.
ValR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 08:20 PM   #111
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: way2fluffy
Stats: 215/205/165
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 12/28/13
Posted from hospital last night while staying with DFIL who was admitted after losing consciousness yesterday. He didn't answer his phone so we went and found him....trip to ER. He came around about 4 am. Not sure why, but testing showed nothing seriously bad like stroke. He's being held for observation.
So, didn't stress eat but sure would like a drink....having tea instead and staying on plan.
Going to bed now. I too old to do those up all nights anymore.
Have a great day.....I'm looking forward to being lighter when the weather gets warmer.

smile often---pray more---complain less
way2fluffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 08:27 PM   #112
Senior LCF Member

way2fluffy, my dad just went through the same thing right before Christmas. They kept him in for three days and ran every test imaginable. Everything showed up fine. The only thing they could come up with was it could be a side effect of his BP med caused it to drop to low and then passed out. So they took him off it.

Prayers for your fil. I hope it is nothing major.
Old 01-02-2014, 08:52 PM   #113
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 143.7/141.7/130
WOE: HDE/FF
Hi All What a group we have!!

Iíve nailed down my plan.

WOE
Atkins, starting with Induction. Iím going to follow the menu in the new book as multiple choice options. I will lean towards Primal and High Fat. Starts Saturday.

Exercise
Do something every day. Currently my arsenal consists of Power walking on break at work, Body Flex, lifting and Pilates. Whatever I chose for however long, just do something every day. Started Yesterday.

Drinking
No alcohol. Plenty of Water. Try to work in Green Tea whenever possible. Starts Saturday.

Weighing in
Weekly on Saturdays. Daily weighing totally throws me off kilter if I donít lose every day and gets me thinking of changing plans before the one Iím on even has a chance. Starts next Saturday.

Goal
128 by June 11th
Old 01-03-2014, 03:22 AM   #114
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CK31040
Stats: 142/125/125
WOE: Lower Carb maintenance
Start Date: Dec 27 2013: Restart
Day 5 of committed low carb (well minus the 2 drinks on new years).
I'm down 4 pounds, obviously some water but still really good. Maybe its the geek in me but i've been just tracking my food/carbs in excel which is easier for me to track total carbs. Yesterday was a lot of food but I felt great and got a lot of walking in.

1 lg cup coffee, 1tsp honey, 1 tbsp creamer (I do the honey and Fenugreek & Thyme pills to keep my immune system up, haven't had a cold in 6 months!)
1 cup coffe, 1tbsp creamer, 1tbsp hvy cream
egg salad w/ celery
bowl of soup
Snapple Tea
coffee w/ 1tbsp cream
snapple tea
pork Steak (10oz)
broccoli 2 cup
cheese sauce

48 carbs with the honey. Not super low but I can still lose weight with this, and it helps that 20 carbs are concentrated within 1 hour.

way2fluffy - sending good vibes to your FIL. Hopefully it is something simple.
CK31040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 03:39 AM   #115
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: vella_marie
Stats: 334.4/315/140
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: 1/3/2014
Hi Everyone! I would love to join this challenge.

I am a little younger that most of you, 26 years old, and A LOT heavier than most of you 334.4 pounds today. I can't even count how many times I have been "here". That moment when I really plan on losing weight. I have PCOS and I am insulin resistant, so losing weight has been a nightmare for me. LC is the only thing that works for me but I always have a hard time sticking to it. I hate most meats and eggs, but I am determined to do it this time. My main problem is I let everyone in my life guilt me into doing thing their way, but not this time! My highest weight was 344 a couple weeks ago and I couldn't walk a couple steps without severe back pain. That really scared me. The thought of being immobile at 26 years old was too terrifying for me.

I do not really have a number I am aiming for before summer starts. I am really trying to focus on health instead this time. I am going EDC (event in Vegas) June 20th, so I would love to lose as much weight as possible before then. I was very active this past summer (even in the 300s) but I was also the one slowing down the group, falling behind and suffering in silence. This summer I don't want to be held back from trying new things and being active.
vella_marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 03:45 AM   #116
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: vella_marie
Stats: 334.4/315/140
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: 1/3/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by emky View Post
Sign me up!

I managed to recover from bulimia last year, but between recovery, birth control, and eating carbs again due to a meat-aversion from the bcp hormones I gained a lot of weight and am now at my highest weight ever.
I just wanted to congratulate you on recovering from bulimia. I struggled with it for about 10 years! I know it's really hard to over come. It took me a good year to say I could manage it, and even though its been over a year, I still fight that urge in the back of my head.
vella_marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 03:48 AM   #117
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MaryThompson
Stats: 286/275/195 @ 5'8"
Start Date: Dec 26, 2013
Water Bounce

Hey all -

I had Bailey's over ice on NYE, then for NYD my daughter made spiked eggnog, which I had a bit in the evening. Then last night, after feeling gloomy all day for no apparent reason, I had the last little bit of my Smucker's Natural Chunky Peanut Butter - which I love, but have to be careful with because I can literally enjoy half a jar or more at a sitting.

Other than these things, I have only eaten on-plan, induction-friendly foods.

Anyway, this morning, my weight has bounced back up to 285 (from 281 a few days ago).

As for exercise, instead of the gym on Wednesday, I did another long walk. Yesterday, I ran some errands and did some stretching, but nothing taxing.

Today, I have a commitment in the afternoon and a project I must finish by tomorrow afternoon, but I'm going to get to the gym somehow. (The snow on the ground and the deep freeze here in Northern Virginia is not conducive to outdoorsy fun. Not for me, anyway. I hate winter.)

Yesterday I cooked up a pound of ground pork and seasoned it like sausage (sage, rosemary, onion powder, garlic powder, etc) and so I have that pre-prepared to go with eggs or whatever.

I'm also stealing ideas from all of you as you describe your food choices. One my downfalls is to get bored after having just plain meat over and over. I also fail to plan ahead for brown bagging and things like that. I don't enjoy cooking, just eating, so it takes an extra effort for me to cook ahead of time and plan variety into my available foods. This is something I'm working on.

Now...Back on induction with no additional treats. Plan ahead, cook ahead.
MaryThompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 04:24 AM   #118
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning all........ yesterday was not bad until evening...... cabin fever (10 feet of snow and cold) along with a pain in the a$$ man..... I did have alittle ice cream with a couple oreos..... not a good idea but is a problem with me and my emotional eating..... but I did just have alittle..... I have to work on that!!! So far this a.m. is coffee and some bacon.
Old 01-03-2014, 04:42 AM   #119
Senior LCF Member

Going in the wrong direction for the new year... I am doing a fat fast today to hopefully counteract the new pain med.

1/1 167.4
1/2 167.6
1/3 167.8
Old 01-03-2014, 04:43 AM   #120
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: fran1963
Stats: 179/155/135 5'3"
Start Date: Jan 2009
Good morning! Must go face the big freeze outside today, brrrrr. Being home all day yesterday I snacked the day away, rats. Ready to get back to work so that I will have some type of schedule, it helps me stay on track. Have not exercised this week, so hoping to get moving. Back to business. Have a great day everyone!!!
fran1963 is offline   Reply With Quote