Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2014, 06:44 AM   #811
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nikki
Stats: 185/130/120
WOE: Low-carb IF/JUDDD Vegetarian
Start Date: November 20, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by love2live View Post
I have found my new love. Tofu

I think I may have found a new obsession
Yay! I love tofu! As a vegetarian I haven't had much choice but to learn to love it, but let me tell you, it can be AMAZING when it is crusted in spices and fried. And you can do any style of spices you choose. I love it Indian style with curry. So yummy!

Slow progress for me, but progress nevertheless.

Weigh-in this morning was 153.8, blood glucose was 90, ketones 1.1.

It looks like I might need to reassess my February goal from 10 pounds to 8 instead, and I need to push back my ultimate goal date. But that's OK. The closer I get to goal the happier I will be and if it takes a little longer, then I will just have to wait. It's not as if I'm on a "diet" anyway, right? I mean, this way of eating is permanent, so what's the rush? I am not dieting down to goal weight so that I can finally get "off my diet" and "start eating normally" again. Because if I do that, it's gonna be back to square one in two years. Slow and steady...

nikki is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2014, 08:46 AM   #812
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: love2live
Stats: 270.5/245/150
WOE: Atkins - induction **ultimate goal 150**
Start Date: 1/01/2014
Monday, Monday so good to be me

Good Monday morning everyone,

Beebug and all, l went to our little grocery store looking for magnesium but couldnt find any. i need to go way into town for that. So nstead, i bought psyllium husks. The directions said 2 tablespoons in 8 ounces of water and drink right away. By the time I got a quarter of the way down the glass full, the rest of the glass had the consistency of malto meal.

There was about a cup of this sludge left to consume. I sat in the hot tub last night scooping it out pretending it was unsweetened malto meal to make it go down easier, gagging some of the time; all the while DH laughing . When I got upstairs I looked on the Internet and found out that you should drink 8 ounces of water with about 3 to 5 g of psyllium husks. After measuring, I found out that the 2 tablespoons I used in my first cup of water equaled about 12 g. Just to be safe I drink three more glasses of water. Ugg!

This is all going somewhere... I am so hungry this morning.

I haven't had hunger pangs in a very long time. And low and behold I am not in ketosis. Yesterday I had 22 carbs so I am wondering if the psyllium husks through me out of ketosis? Or was it the tofu?
love2live is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 08:58 AM   #813
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Mayhem View Post
I bet that is what it is. I have stress too--kids and money, kids and money!!!
I can't get rid of the factors causing the stress (hahahaha), so I need to find a way to deal with the stress.
Stress is a killer. Stress wreaks havoc on the system and leads to cancer. Where I am at, we have mandatory meditation sessions to help with our stress.

Here is a great site for beginners:

Meditate - wikiHow
Old 02-03-2014, 09:06 AM   #814
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phase View Post
The scale flashed 179.6 at me a few times then settled at 180.4 again. It's such a tease. lol
Quote:
Woowho!Down 1lb this morning and into the 70s! 179.4! I hope it sticks. lol
Oh, my! What an accomplishment. I can only imagine how excited you were when you didn't see that a 80 any more. Keep up the good work. I noticed your almost going to win that 5 pound challenge on the other thread.
Old 02-03-2014, 09:10 AM   #815
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinster_Sister View Post
whew - I just compared today's weight to January 1st' weigh in and I've lost 8.2#. Happy with it, but need to drop more to be summer swimsuit ready! Have to concentrate on lifting and to be consistent with eating regularly.
8.2 is quite a lot! And, you have come along way since October. When I think of 8 pounds I think of holding a 5 pound bag of sugar and 12 sticks of butter. Now that's a lot of weight you aren't carrying around anymore.
Old 02-03-2014, 11:06 AM   #816
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mom2Mayhem
Stats: SW 274.9 / CW 263.3 / GW 160.0
WOE: LCHF + BPC
Start Date: 01/02/2014
Quote:
Woowho!Down 1lb this morning and into the 70s! 179.4! I hope it sticks. lol

Good job!
I am down this morning too to 263.3 - a total of 11.6 lbs gone
Mom2Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 11:57 AM   #817
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Portia
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: May 1, 2014
Quote:
Good job!
I am down this morning too to 263.3 - a total of 11.6 lbs gone
Great job!
Portia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 12:31 PM   #818
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: vella_marie
Stats: 334.4/315/140
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: 1/3/2014
Woke up earlier today to catch up on all the posts. Good job everyone.

lovetolive: I also like to simmer tofu in broth with spices. It makes it flavorful. My friend uses bouillon cubes and it takes really good, but I try to avoid high sodium. Also to get things moving I like to mix coconut oil in my tea. I am always forgetting to try magnesium.

Well I have a nice visit from the woosh fairy. I lost another 4.2 pounds bringing me down to 315 exactly! I would love to get out of the 310s this week, but I am not going to push it. I wanted to be out of the 300s before school started for our Spring semester on the 24th, but I doubt that is happening. I feel a lot better. My legs don't feel as smooshed, if that makes sense. My stomach is starting to look weird.... like as if the fat is breaking up... sorry the TMI, but that's why I decided to weight myself.

I had a great time at the zoo as always. By the time we left though I was waddling out haha. 8 hours of walking up and down hills and stairs will do that to you. I took some left over pork chops, bacon and sausage and water bottles so I didn't have a reason to cheat.

Superbowl party was a success as well. I made boneless breaded chicken wings (not for myself) in several flavors, sweet potato fries, ham roll ups with blue cheese crumbles and cream cheese, blue cheese and ranch buffalo chicken balls breaded in parmesan cheese instead of bread crumbs. Then a lot of people brought food, beer and other alcohol. I just ate my ham roll ups and chicken balls because I know whats in them and they are lc. And I had water. No reason to cheat for me With all the food there I was so tempted. It smelled soooo good. I just kept throwing back water bottles so I was full. Then woke to a 4 pound loss is motivation enough for me not to cheat.
vella_marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 07:26 PM   #819
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portia View Post
Great job!
Thank you. I got home from work today, and was in my closet looking for something comfortable to slip into that would fit. Well, I found a pair of size 20W workpants I use to wear. I thought to myself that I should try them on seeing that the size 22W pants I bought exactly a week ago today are getting very loosey goosey. THEY FIT! I got them zipped up and buttoned. Mind you, I was a 24W a month ago, and I am getting back into a 20W. I am very happy. I have only lost 11.6 pounds, but I can feel the inches just falling off of me. I am very pleased. <---Happy Dance!
I am 5' 7" tall

Goal: To weight 200 lbs by July 14, 2014

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”
Old 02-03-2014, 07:28 PM   #820
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vella_marie View Post
Well I have a nice visit from the woosh fairy. I lost another 4.2 pounds bringing me down to 315 exactly! I would love to get out of the 310s this week, but I am not going to push it. I wanted to be out of the 300s before school started for our Spring semester on the 24th, but I doubt that is happening. I feel a lot better. My legs don't feel as smooshed, if that makes sense. My stomach is starting to look weird.... like as if the fat is breaking up... sorry the TMI, but that's why I decided to weight myself.
Great job! I know what you mean about the stomach starting to look weird. Mine now "rolls" differently--cause it is smaller and missing the layers of fat underneath it.
Old 02-04-2014, 03:18 AM   #821
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CK31040
Stats: 142/125/125
WOE: Lower Carb maintenance
Start Date: Dec 27 2013: Restart
Quote:
Thank you. I got home from work today, and was in my closet looking for something comfortable to slip into that would fit. Well, I found a pair of size 20W workpants I use to wear. I thought to myself that I should try them on seeing that the size 22W pants I bought exactly a week ago today are getting very loosey goosey. THEY FIT! I got them zipped up and buttoned. Mind you, I was a 24W a month ago, and I am getting back into a 20W. I am very happy. I have only lost 11.6 pounds, but I can feel the inches just falling off of me. I am very pleased. <---Happy Dance!
Nice Loss!
CK31040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 04:01 AM   #822
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Phase
Stats: 191/80s/30s - 5'3"
WOE: Low Carb/Keto
Start Date: January 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by love2live View Post
Oh, my! What an accomplishment. I can only imagine how excited you were when you didn't see that a 80 any more. Keep up the good work. I noticed your almost going to win that 5 pound challenge on the other thread.
I was very excited but it was short lived. I'm up .6 to 180.0 this morning. I expect to see the lovely 170s again soon, hopefully tomorrow! lol

Quote:
That's awesome! Have some music to go with your happy dance!
Phase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 04:47 AM   #823
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ValR
Stats: 178/153/140
Congrats on fitting into smaller pants, Mom2Mayhem!!! It's a very motivating milestone.

I'm starting to see and feel the rewards of making good food choices and exercising. My work pants are looser and my potbelly now looks like I'm 4 months pregnant instead of six months. The numbers on my scale still bounce around so I don't take it very seriously. I've been snacking on healthy items and it's helping along with no booze or eating out.
ValR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 11:39 AM   #824
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Amin81
Stats: 182.5/143.1/132
WOE: LowCarbHighFat & 16:8
Start Date: 7 Jan 2014
Hi all, sorry I've been a little quiet. I suddenly found myself with a job on Monday (temp position, didn't even interview for it!) which has been keeping me busy. At first I was really worried about what it would do for my eating habits but there seems to be plenty of sallad choices at lunch and even the 16:8 seems doable now that I know approximately what time my lunch break is.

With that update, here is my Tuesday weigh-in:
Today: 76.2 kg (168)
Last Tues: 77.3 kg (170.4)
Total loss for January: 6.6 kg (14.5)

I still don't quite trust my scales because I don't "feel" like I'm at 76 kg. Admittedly it was like 4 years ago that I hit that number but still.
I'd love a second opinion from other scales but that seems a tad obsessive.
Overall very happy though, clothes are fitting better and hubby took a good look at me and said, yes I think the hard work is paying off.
So

Grats to everyone on their losses! Now let's get through February. Just think what awesome numbers we'll be posting in the beginning of March!
Amin81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 01:45 PM   #825
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I am very happy. I have only lost 11.6 pounds, but I can feel the inches just falling off of me. I am very pleased. <---Happy Dance!
Congratulations, you have done a great job. It's so nice to see someone happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValR View Post
I'm starting to see and feel the rewards of making good food choices and exercising. My work pants are looser and my potbelly now looks like I'm 4 months pregnant instead of six months. The numbers on my scale still bounce around so I don't take it very seriously. I've been snacking on healthy items and it's helping along with no booze or eating out.
Keep up the Good work. This is definitely a lifestyle change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amin81 View Post
Overall very happy though, clothes are fitting better and hubby took a good look at me and said, yes I think the hard work is paying off.
So
Congratulations to you on your new job. Yes, you are right we are all going to be jumping for joy at the beginning of March the way things are going.
Old 02-04-2014, 01:47 PM   #826
Major LCF Poster!

Hello everyone,

Well, I have nothing much to report. My skills are still at 252 And I'm not sure I'm back in ketosis. My stomach was really growling again this morning. I had some tofu last night that amounted to three carbs. I think I'm going to have to forgo on the tofu to see if I can get back into ketosis.

Have a great day!
Old 02-04-2014, 03:32 PM   #827
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mayleesa
Stats: (5'5") 209/176.4/140lb
WOE: low carb
Start Date: 12/26/2013
just checkin in, nothing to report....holding steady....started a new job this week and it's hard to plan as they don't have ease of access to preparing food so I've been carting around a lunch box with ice pack....stressed to the max....and watching people shove bagels, donuts, vending machine goodies and designer coffees at 4.50$ + a pop into their traps ALLLL day! I eat my cheese and atkins bar and tuna....it's maddening when all I want is comfort food
mayleesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 03:43 AM   #828
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CK31040
Stats: 142/125/125
WOE: Lower Carb maintenance
Start Date: Dec 27 2013: Restart
Just Checking In

Still hanging out around 132 but feeling better hydrated this week so far. As others have mentioned I need to work on not stressing out. Things seem to go from super calm (no calls 90% of the day) to 3-4 issues all at once at work. Its normally small stuff easily rectified but I end up running around like a mad woman, some times saying to myself " Really?...Dumbasses". But we don't all have to same common sense right?

And I found out I'm one of the 5 people who were volunteered to present something in front of all our Fab engineering/supervisors group (which is 50+ people) that I work with. Not so good with public speaking.

Hoping there is less stress Friday and the weekend...

On a happier note, coworker brought in leftover buffalo chicken dip and i managed to only eat 1.5 chips and put a bit of dip in my LC noodles with Alfredo sauce. Gave it a nice zip.
CK31040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 05:35 AM   #829
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: fran1963
Stats: 179/155/135 5'3"
Start Date: Jan 2009
Good morning. Not much to report here. I need to start back to daily check in to help keep my focus. Have been off plan last couple of days, and even getting indecisive about what plan I am doing! I hurt my back a week ago so slow going in the activity dept also. Today's plan: lots of water, on plan food, and some stretching to get started. Glad to hear many of you are reaping good benefits from your good choices! KUTGW

fran1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 10:48 AM   #830
Major LCF Poster!

148 days...

Hello everyone,

I'm back in ketosis.
I don't think it was the tofu that I was eating, but the ranch dip that I got from the restaurant when I ordered wings. Last Sunday when I was eating the wings I thought wow this dip is really really good. And most likely the restaurant put some sort of sugar in it because it was really sweet.

I will be going on vacation on Friday and won't be weighing myself during that time. I'm going to have to be a good girl so by the time I get back the scales will show a huge loss .

I hope everyone is having a great day today!

Just remember, 148 days until July 4. Summertime!
Old 02-05-2014, 10:59 AM   #831
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayleesa View Post
just checkin in, nothing to report....holding steady....started a new job this week and it's hard to plan as they don't have ease of access to preparing food so I've been carting around a lunch box with ice pack....stressed to the max....and watching people shove bagels, donuts, vending machine goodies and designer coffees at 4.50$ + a pop into their traps ALLLL day! I eat my cheese and atkins bar and tuna....it's maddening when all I want is comfort food

Oh look it's Beyonce...a.k.a. Mayleesa!
I don't think Beyoncé eats donuts and vending machine goodies. Keep your eye on the goal.

Old 02-05-2014, 11:42 AM   #832
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mayleesa
Stats: (5'5") 209/176.4/140lb
WOE: low carb
Start Date: 12/26/2013
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ You are AMAZING!!! That is SOOO what I needed to see!!!!! HAHAHAHA nope she sure as all get out did NOT EAT donuts and bagels and veding snax.....THANKS!!! for the reminder!!!!
mayleesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 11:50 AM   #833
Senior LCF Member

Sorry I don't have time to catch up on this thread. Sooo very busy today.

No weight change. Still at exactly 153.8. :/

Last edited by nikki; 02-05-2014 at 11:52 AM..
Old 02-06-2014, 06:16 AM   #834
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: katyNH
WOE: Low Carb/exercise
Start Date: January 2, 2014
HA HA
We all have to keep in mind that Beyonce probably isn't shopping, cooking her own food, cleaning, worrying about money, etc. All the stressful and exhausting things that cause many people to eat poorly, she doesn't have to deal with. Not saying her life is easy as I am sure that type of life is beyond hectic, but if I had the money for a personal trainer, chef, maid, nanny, etc then I would have dropped my post baby weight quickly too...
nothing against her, I am sure she is a lovely lady, but these celebrities don't live in the real world!
katyNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 06:17 AM   #835
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: katyNH
WOE: Low Carb/exercise
Start Date: January 2, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki View Post
Sorry I don't have time to catch up on this thread. Sooo very busy today.

No weight change. Still at exactly 153.8. :/
I am at 153.8 too...if I could down to the 140's, I'd be so happy...even if it's 149.9.
katyNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 06:39 AM   #836
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lilliana41
Stats: 225/218.2/145
WOE: Keto
Start Date: January 1, 2014
I have about the same amount of weight to lose (220 to 145) and I want to be at least closer to that goal by the summer. At the moment, I'm recovering from ankle surgery, so I can't exercise much, but when I can, I'm starting (lightly of course to avoid getting injured again). I'd love to join this challenge. Maybe I can encourage some of you along your path, and you certainly can encourage me!

-L
lilliana41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 07:26 AM   #837
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Phase
Stats: 191/80s/30s - 5'3"
WOE: Low Carb/Keto
Start Date: January 2012
I'm still holding at 180 but the scale did flash 179 at me again this morning. lol For breakfast I just had a really delicious egg cream. I added a bit of LorAnns Butter Vanilla flavor to it and it reminds me so much of a birthday cake shake!
Phase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 12:40 PM   #838
Senior LCF Member

Progress! Finally! Down .6 to 153.2. Hang in there everybody! We will get our beach bodies back - eventually.

Old 02-06-2014, 06:23 PM   #839
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilliana41 View Post
I have about the same amount of weight to lose (220 to 145) and I want to be at least closer to that goal by the summer. At the moment, I'm recovering from ankle surgery, so I can't exercise much, but when I can, I'm starting (lightly of course to avoid getting injured again). I'd love to join this challenge. Maybe I can encourage some of you along your path, and you certainly can encourage me!

-L
Hi Lilliana! Welcome.

Owie, ankle surgery-- hope your recovery goes well.
Old 02-06-2014, 06:25 PM   #840
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki View Post
Progress! Finally! Down .6 to 153.2. Hang in there everybody! We will get our beach bodies back - eventually.

Woo Hoo! Congratulations on your weight loss!