Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2014, 06:34 AM   #571
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mjgh06
Stats: F42/5'8 - 207/162/130
WOE: Atkins Induction/Juddd Modified
Start Date: 10/5/13
Amin, Congrats on the loss! Do you have a microwave or toaster oven? There are some recipes for breads, etc.. that can be cooked in them. Also you can make really good dessert treats just with a freezer for storage, or cheese nips on a stove burner top.

Healthy, definitely focus on the positive. This is supposed to be a long-term change to our way of eating. There are going to be times when we just don't/can't be on plan 100%. As long as we don't give in and go back to that ugly way of eating daily, we are still good.

katy, how much do you have to lose? They say once you get to within 40lbs it will slow down a lot, and then within 20lbs it will seem like forever. Also exercise does stall weight loss for some people. Plus muscle weighs more than fat, so could be losing fat but gaining muscle so you would not see a loss or even see an increase.

A little loss for me today, but I will take it!
1/1 167.2
1/2 167.6
1/3 167.8
1/4 165.2
1/5 165.2
1/6 164.0
1/7 DNW
1/8 165.2
1/9 165.2
1/10 164.4
1/11 165.0
1/12 165.0 (TOM)
1/13 164.8 (TOM)
1/14 163.8 (TOM)
1/15 164.2 (TOM)
1/16 dnw
1/17 163.2
1/18 161.6
1/19 163.4
1/20 163.4
1/21 163.0

"Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently."Henry Ford

My Weight Journal ~MissyDee~

mjgh06 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2014, 07:04 AM   #572
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Phase
Stats: 191/80s/30s - 5'3"
WOE: Low Carb/Keto
Start Date: January 2012
Down a lb to 181.4 today! Now I have to keep from bouncing back up again so I can finally get out of the 180s! I cannot wait to see the last of them. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amin81 View Post
Scary thing - the apartment we're renting doesn't have an oven.
I use my crockpot far more often than my oven. If you don't have one ya may wanna look into it, those things are awesome.
Phase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 07:11 AM   #573
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 4myfuture
Stats: 216/186/166
WOE: 2 meals low carb, 1 meal my choice no snacks
finished catching up....phew....good read everyone!

I am almost done with week 2 of Ripped in 30 Jillian Michaels.....wow, it's a butt kicker!

Cats are still wanting to join in on the workout, I almost landed on one doing a sit up!

Some good things about my eating right now:

No chocolate binges since the new year!
No more diet soda! (lost three lbs just by cutting that out)

These are two big things for me right now, so enjoying the success.

Wishing everyone fat loss for today!!!!!!!!!!! yay!
4myfuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 09:51 AM   #574
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Amin81
Stats: 182.5/143.1/132
WOE: LowCarbHighFat & 16:8
Start Date: 7 Jan 2014
We do have a microwave but sadly, we've used it to heat salmon steaks and well now, it reeks of fish.
Crockpot is also a luxury that's not available here. We'll only be here until summer though, so after that I will be back in a fully equipped kitchen again!
For now, pretty much everything has to happen in the frying pan.

Grats on the new losses, Phase and mjgh!
And way to go on cutting out diet soda, 4myfuture, totally not an easy thing to do!
Amin81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 10:43 AM   #575
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ValR
Stats: 178/153/140
I had a lot of catching up to do on all of your postings. It's nice to see people are still joining in. Congrats to those that are seeing successes. I am not one of them. My scale has been bouncing all over and causing lots of frustration. I haven't weighed myself for a week and really need to be brave and do it. My eating has been off and I need to get my act together so I'm at a comfortable weight this summer.
ValR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:09 PM   #576
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: love2live
Stats: 270.5/245/150
WOE: Atkins - induction **ultimate goal 150**
Start Date: 1/01/2014
Hello Katy! Nice to meet you!
love2live is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:12 PM   #577
Major LCF Poster!

Amin, congratulations on the weight loss.
Don't you love it when the scales show lower than the last time you stepped on them? What a wonderful feeling!
Old 01-21-2014, 01:14 PM   #578
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: katyNH
WOE: Low Carb/exercise
Start Date: January 2, 2014
I'd be thrilled if I could get to 140 so I have about 16 pounds to lose.
One of my co workers told me yesterday that her weight watchers lady told her the same thing about excercise...slows down the weight loss. I wish I wasn't so scale focused...if I could get back in my size 8's, I wouldn't care how much I weighed!

Let's keep the positive vibe going!!
katyNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:45 PM   #579
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthy for life View Post
Why do we sabotage ourselves? Well I was back on track all day yesterday and was 155.5 today. Ainsley
Ainsley, Is this your name?

I think what you asked is a very valid question and one that we all must know and understand.

Fruit, toast, some chocolate, etc and even the banana is not really all that bad. Now, if you heading to the nearest drive through and binged on fast food that would be another question.

Don't be too hard on your self. I don't think we sabotage ourselves, I believe at the moment our want for something like a banana smoothie is greater than what we deem as consequences for our actions. One must ask the question what is the consequence of going off this diet? And is it worth it.

Look really hard at the question you proposed. Ask yourself why did you sabotage yourself and then you will find your answer and make a positive behavioral change.

Take my love for bags of M&Ms. I would buy them and eat them in one sitting knowing full well that I was gaining away. But, they satisfied me and made me feel good. Satisfied me? Really? Maybe for the time being. Then, I would look in the mirror, squeeze into my clothes, feel embarrassed as my fit husband would make love to me...and feel like crap. I had to ask myself why do I sabotage myself. My answer was that I really didn't care. I was so down and depressed my lack of caring outweighed (no pun intended) my discipline. I used to use the excuse...migraines, premenstrual, menstrual, post menstrual, DH's family, and of course my excuse to have study snacks. I read somewhere that if you eat certain color of M&Ms during studying you could retain and remember the content when taking an examination. The one thing I didn't do in this equation was eat the M&Ms during the exam. I finally had to be honest with myself and it was so simple; I needed to start caring about me.

I believe that you staying on the boards here and talking to us and staying positive is great.

This is my third time around losing the lo carb way. I looked so good in my size 9 jeans, and then I gained. Then I'd loose again and accepted looking good in my size 14 jeans. At no time prior to this time, did I take the time and figure out why I binge, why I can't stay disciplined, and why I choose to gain so much weight that I cannot even fit into an airplane seat comfortably. I look around and think, do I really eat so much more than everyone else since I weigh so much? I don't have any medical issues. Believe you me, I did the whole it's my thyroid thing and I am healthy as an ox. I just love to eat and binge and eat some more. So sad.

I figure I am no better than a drug addict. I also believe that there are some of us who have to treat food like addicts treat their choice of drugs. I have many friends who are alcoholics that will not even step into a restaurant that serves alcohol for fear of their lack of control. They attend AA every day, if not twice a day to keep accountable.
Old 01-21-2014, 01:50 PM   #580
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayleesa View Post
love 2 live, thanks for being sooo nice and on top of everything!!! Welcome all new comers and good mojo to everyone!!!

Jacki!! LET's DO THIS....I will be so happy to have more people to cheer eachother on!!! We soooo got this!!!
Thank you Mayleesa! As all of you can probably tell, I have ADD in everything I do. What ever I do, I do it to the fullest--like getting involved with all of you. It's not like I have time on my hands, I just somehow find the time because I am really, really busy. But I do so enjoy our support group .
Old 01-21-2014, 01:53 PM   #581
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amin81 View Post
l (and I just loved that smiley, had to get him in)
I'm so jealous. Way back when when locarb friends first started out, there was no newbie smiley face. And the other day when I came back to this site after many years I notices all the new smileys that we could use. I wanted to use the bee so bad but didn't cause I didn't have anything to say about a newbie. Aww. Thank you for using him. He's so cute.
Old 01-21-2014, 01:55 PM   #582
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katyNH View Post
Hi Jacki,

I'll be so bummed if I have to stop with my Splenda
For breakfast I typically have 2 hard boiled eggs. Mid morning snack, piece of fruit. I love oranges but maybe they are the wrong fruit? Lunch, usually a few turkey and cheese rollups with hummus...I am going to try mustard today instead. Dinners, I usually have some type of meat (burgers) on a bed of lettuce with tomato and some blue cheese dressing. Snack, another piece of fruit. Other dinner items I may have is a salad with chicken. I haven't had any bread items since I started so I can't believe I haven't lost more weight. I'm also drinking a ton of water.
To get my weight loss started, I did do the cabbage soup diet. I know this is not the best diet but I figured if I could get the ball rolling with something a bit drastic, that would keep me motivated. I didn't do it the full 7 days, more like 4, then switched to low carb. I've lost about 5 pounds since before the cabbage soup diet, but haven't lost really anything since switching to low carb.
I am wondering if it is because I don't have a ton of weight to lose? Not sure. I am keeping on track but I have to admit I am getting a bit frustrated.
Hi there , (I got to official use the newbee)
May I ask what WOE are you following?
Old 01-21-2014, 01:59 PM   #583
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrowan View Post
Good morning everyone! Happy to say my scale has finally moved down 2lbs this week! I am increasing my water and walked yesterday it was almost 7o degrees in Atlanta yesterday, so I had no excuse. I ordered a treadmill off Amazon and will start using it daily as soon as I can get my hubby to put it together. I bought some keto strips too, they always keep me from cheating if I see purple.
Good afternoon jrowan!

Congratulations on the weight loss! Woo Hoo! You are definetely on your way.

I am so glad that you mentioned about the keto strips. I thought I was sneaky about them. I would sometimes use them twice a day, and if they were deep purple, I would say to myself -- oh yeah, I am burning fat! And that definitely is a motivator.
Old 01-21-2014, 02:01 PM   #584
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phase View Post
Down a lb to 181.4 today! Now I have to keep from bouncing back up again so I can finally get out of the 180s! I cannot wait to see the last of them. lol

I use my crockpot far more often than my oven. If you don't have one ya may wanna look into it, those things are awesome.
Phase, you are really doing great lately! I see you over on the other challenge, the lose 5# one. Keep up the good work.

I find your suggestion about the crock-pot brilliant!
Old 01-21-2014, 02:04 PM   #585
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4myfuture View Post
finished catching up....phew....good read everyone!

I am almost done with week 2 of Ripped in 30 Jillian Michaels.....wow, it's a butt kicker!

Cats are still wanting to join in on the workout, I almost landed on one doing a sit up!

Some good things about my eating right now:

No chocolate binges since the new year!
No more diet soda! (lost three lbs just by cutting that out)

These are two big things for me right now, so enjoying the success.

Wishing everyone fat loss for today!!!!!!!!!!! yay!
First and foremost, I your avatar picture. I smile everytime you post something 'cause I gett to look at you kitteh.

Wow, giving up diet soda is quiet a feat. Nice job!

Keep kicking butt!
Old 01-21-2014, 02:06 PM   #586
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: katyNH
WOE: Low Carb/exercise
Start Date: January 2, 2014
Hi, I am still learning the LINGO. If the question is what type of diet am I doing, well officially, I'm kind of winging it. I did South Beach right after it came out and it helped me get the weight off after my 2nd child. I had my 3rd child 5 years ago, gained 50 LBS again, worked it down to about 170. I then got my current job and due to stress of a new job after 12 years at my previous job, I had a minor nervous breakdown...crying everyday, overwhelmed, stressed. I was putting too much pressure on myself to learn the job right away. Well, 30 pounds later (I didn't eat during that time) I got down to 138. That was the first time I was able to fit in single digit jeans! As I got more comfortable at work, my eating habits fell back where they were and here I am at 156 and wanting to get back to the 140 range the healthy way.

I'm eating vegetables, fruit and protein and trying to stay away from bad carbs as much as possible. I try to read up on better ways to be low carb, but I have so little free time.
I am the type of person that doesn't do well measuring(portion control issues). I do better just eliminating items completely.

Soooo, I am open to any suggestions!!
katyNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 02:19 PM   #587
Major LCF Poster!

Page 20.

I lost another .5 #s. Finally broke 255. Jeez I am so embarrassed to say the words twooooohuuuuuundreeeed...........

Studying has been a bear today and I just want to be lazy. I'm starting to know and understand my body and have figured out that when I get really lethargic I tend to have a whoosh.

My DS is coming over for dinner tonight so I think I will make Chicken/Shrimp fajitas. Oh yummy!

Well everyone, have a great rest of the day.
Old 01-21-2014, 03:33 PM   #588
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mayleesa
Stats: (5'5") 209/176.4/140lb
WOE: low carb
Start Date: 12/26/2013
ugh, I'm spiraling.....feeling out of control and sad...I'm so hungry, I've tried all my tricks and nothing is kicking this hunger....AND I still can't break 196 and get back to the stupid 195.2...for 5 whole days!!! I've been up....eating the same dang things as I'm a creature of habit and having a regimented schedule is comforting to me...I eat sausage and cheese for breakfast, spinach salad for lunch with mayonnaise and either salmon or crab for dinner. morning is coffee with 3 tbsp. of cream. THIS IS IT!?!? my net carbs are rarely above 11 and net is roughly 15-20....I know 5 days isn't so bad and I haven't gained a ton but I hate hate hate being hungry. my hunger was next to gone last week.....just venting sorry for the rant.....hmph
mayleesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 04:58 PM   #589
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CK31040
Stats: 142/124/125
WOE: Lower Carb maintenance
Start Date: Dec 27 2013: Restart
Came in just under 135 this morning so a tiny loss. Bummer is now i am starting to feel like i'm getting sick. Went grocery shopping and picked up a few tangerines and SF halls defense to take along with my other vitamins along with my homemade beef broth. Crossing my fingers that it won't cause too much water retension and I can nip this thing in the bud within a day or 2 then get more back on plan.
CK31040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 05:21 PM   #590
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Jacki
Stats: 227/197/127
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2013
Quote:
Hi Jacki,

I'll be so bummed if I have to stop with my Splenda
For breakfast I typically have 2 hard boiled eggs. Mid morning snack, piece of fruit. I love oranges but maybe they are the wrong fruit? Lunch, usually a few turkey and cheese rollups with hummus...I am going to try mustard today instead. Dinners, I usually have some type of meat (burgers) on a bed of lettuce with tomato and some blue cheese dressing. Snack, another piece of fruit. Other dinner items I may have is a salad with chicken. I haven't had any bread items since I started so I can't believe I haven't lost more weight. I'm also drinking a ton of water.
To get my weight loss started, I did do the cabbage soup diet. I know this is not the best diet but I figured if I could get the ball rolling with something a bit drastic, that would keep me motivated. I didn't do it the full 7 days, more like 4, then switched to low carb. I've lost about 5 pounds since before the cabbage soup diet, but haven't lost really anything since switching to low carb.
I am wondering if it is because I don't have a ton of weight to lose? Not sure. I am keeping on track but I have to admit I am getting a bit frustrated.
Yup Katy!! It's your diet. Sorry kiddo, but NO fruit. Period. It's as bad as picking up a Hershey Bar during induction and OWL. Fructose is the sugar in fruit and super high in carbs. Bet if you swap the fruit for a small salad and add a bit of fat to your breakfast you'll see changes immediately. You can have 2 Splenda packets a day - so no worries on giving that up . Fruit will come after you loose all of your weight and are in maintenance. Good news?? Get to OWL and berries are allowed!!

Do you have a smart phone? If so get the free Atkins app. It will track everything you eat and show you your remaining carb count for the day. It's AWESOME!! And- the app has the rules for each stage and the allowable foods listed so you can refer to it as needed. There is a forum on the online part but this one is far better - so stay with us. Just get the app!

Hope you don't get socked as badly as I am right now - SE MA coast... Blizzard zone. You know you're in for it when The Weather Channel is in your town
Jacki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 05:26 PM   #591
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK31040 View Post
Came in just under 135 this morning so a tiny loss. Bummer is now i am starting to feel like i'm getting sick. Went grocery shopping and picked up a few tangerines and SF halls defense to take along with my other vitamins along with my homemade beef broth. Crossing my fingers that it won't cause too much water retension and I can nip this thing in the bud within a day or 2 then get more back on plan.
Are you sure it's not the Atkins Flu setting in? The timing is right. Careful with the tangerines- the sugar in them will kick you out of ketosis. Wishing you a speedy recovery...
Old 01-21-2014, 05:28 PM   #592
Junior LCF Member

I had pork rinds for the first time tonight and now my belly doesn't feel good. I also had Atkins m&m's... Thoughts anyone??
Old 01-21-2014, 05:38 PM   #593
Major LCF Poster!

The
Quote:
One of my co workers told me yesterday that her weight watchers lady told her the same thing about excercise...slows down the weight loss.

Let's keep the positive vibe going!!

The leader at my weight watchers will not discuss exercise at all. I struggle with this because of the health benefits of exercise. I've read several posts on this board from people saying the wish they had exercised while losing their weight so they were more toned. It makes me wonder if being fit and toned is better than being at my goal weight.
Old 01-21-2014, 06:10 PM   #594
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rotay60
Stats: 142/136.6/110 for now, 4'11 1/2"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Re-start again 7/21/14 135/135.4/110ish
Jacki, the m&m gave me a stomach ache
rotay60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 07:22 PM   #595
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: healthy for life
Stats: 165/156/130 height 5'5"
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 3, 2014
[QUOTE=ValR;16767512]The
Val! Please keep excercising! It will help you in the long run with not only your weight but also your bone density, muscle mass, keeps you young and strong! There are so many benefits. It also helps to burn up any carbs you have in your diet. Ignore the small water weight gains you will have when you first start out...thats just your muscles retaining water as they break down and repair themselves. It is certainly not fat! I credit excercising for keeping me toned at my low weight of 125 and my high of 175. Not to mention the way it makes you feel so much better mentally. Nothing beats the high you get from a good sweat session that gets those endorphins flowing When you walk around nobody knows what weight you are on the scale but everyone sees your fit and toned muscles when you wearing a bathing suit or cute summer dress/shorts and tank top!
healthy for life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 07:29 PM   #596
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by love2live View Post
Ainsley, Is this your name?

I think what you asked is a very valid question and one that we all must know and understand.

Fruit, toast, some chocolate, etc and even the banana is not really all that bad. Now, if you heading to the nearest drive through and binged on fast food that would be another question.

Don't be too hard on your self. I don't think we sabotage ourselves, I believe at the moment our want for something like a banana smoothie is greater than what we deem as consequences for our actions. One must ask the question what is the consequence of going off this diet? And is it worth it.

Look really hard at the question you proposed. Ask yourself why did you sabotage yourself and then you will find your answer and make a positive behavioral change.

Take my love for bags of M&Ms. I would buy them and eat them in one sitting knowing full well that I was gaining away. But, they satisfied me and made me feel good. Satisfied me? Really? Maybe for the time being. Then, I would look in the mirror, squeeze into my clothes, feel embarrassed as my fit husband would make love to me...and feel like crap. I had to ask myself why do I sabotage myself. My answer was that I really didn't care. I was so down and depressed my lack of caring outweighed (no pun intended) my discipline. I used to use the excuse...migraines, premenstrual, menstrual, post menstrual, DH's family, and of course my excuse to have study snacks. I read somewhere that if you eat certain color of M&Ms during studying you could retain and remember the content when taking an examination. The one thing I didn't do in this equation was eat the M&Ms during the exam. I finally had to be honest with myself and it was so simple; I needed to start caring about me.

I believe that you staying on the boards here and talking to us and staying positive is great.

This is my third time around losing the lo carb way. I looked so good in my size 9 jeans, and then I gained. Then I'd loose again and accepted looking good in my size 14 jeans. At no time prior to this time, did I take the time and figure out why I binge, why I can't stay disciplined, and why I choose to gain so much weight that I cannot even fit into an airplane seat comfortably. I look around and think, do I really eat so much more than everyone else since I weigh so much? I don't have any medical issues. Believe you me, I did the whole it's my thyroid thing and I am healthy as an ox. I just love to eat and binge and eat some more. So sad.

I figure I am no better than a drug addict. I also believe that there are some of us who have to treat food like addicts treat their choice of drugs. I have many friends who are alcoholics that will not even step into a restaurant that serves alcohol for fear of their lack of control. They attend AA every day, if not twice a day to keep accountable.
Thanks for the great feedback! I totally agree with you...I need to figure out why I keep sabotaging myself! I have a pattern of doing this. Carbs to me are like what I imagine it is to struggle with a drug or alcohol addiction. I need to remind myself that I don't want to go through another summer of feeling "fat" in my bikini. I look back at pictures of myself before I had kids and I would give anything to look like that again (and mind you that is only 4 short years ago!) I know I shouldn't be too hard on myself and I know some people are struggling to lose a lot more than I need to. Most people who see me tell me I look slim and fit (because I run and excercise and wear a size 8) but people who knew me before know that I used to be a size 2-4 and have a small frame so the size I am now is not comfortable for me. I can see how easy it is to just stop caring anymore though and how easy the weight can pile on quickly if you don't stay on top of it. It's a constant battle!!! I feel so good and in control when I am staying on plan. I got my fitbit force in the mail today, just started using it and LOVE it! It totally appeals to the type A that I am, LOL! Anyways...thanks for the support, we are all lucky to have you in our group xo Ainsley
Old 01-21-2014, 07:31 PM   #597
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
I had pork rinds for the first time tonight and now my belly doesn't feel good. I also had Atkins m&m's... Thoughts anyone??
Stay away from those Atkins M and M's! They are full of artificial sweetners that give you major gas and diarrhea! Awful stuff and they are known to stall many people. Stick to whole, natural, real foods and you will have much more success on a low carb plan Google sugar free sheila, I highly recommend her site for great info and inspiration.
Old 01-21-2014, 07:59 PM   #598
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthy for life View Post
Thanks for the great feedback!
I have been so worried for the last couple of hours that I may hav e been to harsh. I took a trip into town to donate 6 huge bags of clothing to the thrift store and couldn't stop thinking about what I said. I am so relieved to see that you were appreciative of what I posted. I feel deeply honored to have you as a lo-carb friend who will not shy away when times get tough or postings sound tough.

I hear you about the weight thing. I am so darn tall that my friends and family will say to me, ah you don't need to lose any weight, you're big boned. I say that no one should be 255 pounds. I can't even sit cross legged. And besides, I am not big boned, I am petite boned anyway *stomp, stomp

I cannot wait to hear about your fitbit force!
Old 01-22-2014, 02:45 AM   #599
Major LCF Poster!

Healthy for Life: Thank you for commenting about the exercise. Your post was very motivating and confirms what I know/feel.
Old 01-22-2014, 03:17 AM   #600
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CK31040
Stats: 142/124/125
WOE: Lower Carb maintenance
Start Date: Dec 27 2013: Restart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
Are you sure it's not the Atkins Flu setting in? The timing is right. Careful with the tangerines- the sugar in them will kick you out of ketosis. Wishing you a speedy recovery...
No i don't think its the atkins flu, i have never had those symptoms with this diet before. I can feel it in the back of my throat and sinuses, first thought it was allergies going haywire but it didnt go away at work like it normally would.

I'm not as worried about coming out of Ketosis if its only for a few days, only 10lb to my goal weight. Plan to eat all the same low carb food with just addition of a few citrus fruits. It seems to work better with real food than just the C-pills alone. This morning only up .2 lb so not too much water gain yet.

On the fruit thing, one of my books is saying its allowable to have one piece of LC fruit per meal which it includes fresh peaches, berries, etc. Fruit is ok as long as you stick to small quantity and try to pick some with more fiber. I normally stick to 1/day when trying to lose, for example 1/2 cup unsweetened frozen blueberries in plain unsweetened yogurt w/ slivered almonds & splenda. Its worth the variety and antioxidants if your body can handle it. I freeze my own blueberries and sour cherries in the summer so i know whats in them and they are of good quality.

Blueberries 1/2 cup is 7.5 net carbs
Yogurt 1 cup count as 4 (i've read to count it this way vs package count)

Hope this helps
CK31040 is offline   Reply With Quote