Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2014, 10:03 AM   #541
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nikki
Stats: 185/131/120
WOE: Low-carb Vegetarian
Start Date: November 20, 2013
Sending an SOS to the Whoosh Fairy for all of us!

In the meantime, here is some

----------------------------

This morning's weigh-in was 158.4. Still creeping down.
nikki is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2014, 10:56 AM   #542
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: katyNH
WOE: Low Carb/exercise
Start Date: January 2, 2014
Hi Everyone,

I am new so I just wanted to say hi.

I have found in the past that low carb is the only way I can take off weight.
Measuring and weighing only makes me obsess about how little I can eat so what works for me is to just avoid the "bad stuff."

I started on 1/2/14 and have pretty much stayed on track. I have also joined the YMCA and am trying to do 2 or 3 Zumba classes a week (I work full time and have 3 kids so sometimes getting there is tricky). I am 5'6" and weigh about 157. I would love to get down to 140 and get back into a size 8 (the size all my summer clothes are in). Since I live in NH, summer really doesn't start till mid to late May so if I could lose even a pound a week, I would make my goal.

For whatever reason, the weight is not coming off as quickly as I had hoped.
I used to be an all day coffee drinker (with splenda and half and half). I cut that way down and am only drinking coffee when I get ready for work and green tea for the rest of the day. I am also forcing myself to drink at least 40 oz of plain water a day and added a bit of excercise. Again, I thought even adding 2-3 classes was better than nothing and the weight would come off but it really hasn't.

Starting to get a bit stressed. What I am doing now, HAS to be better than what I was doing before (no restrictions on what I was eating).

Anyway, I am glad to be here!
katyNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 11:24 AM   #543
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: love2live
Stats: 270.5/245/150
WOE: Atkins - induction **ultimate goal 150**
Start Date: 1/01/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by vella_marie View Post
Hey everyone. Sorry for being absent for a week. I started our 6 week winter session at school, so all the courses are accelerated. I have only been sleeping 2-4 hours a night, so I have been either too tired or lazy to get online. I only lost 1.2 pounds this week, then the very next day it said I gained a pound. I haven't eaten off plan at all! So I am hoping its just my body adjusting.

I do need to exercise more and drink more water. I really want to get into the 320s this week.

I stay away from Chinese food since most of is full of carbs. For the atkins bars, I personally can't eat them as they stall me.

I was a vegetarian and vegan for years, even low carbing but I lose weight easier when I add meat. I have no clue why So I have been adding meat into my diet again, until I am closer to my goal weight.
Hello vella Marie,
I as just reading last night about how not enough sleep can cause a person to retain weight normally lost. I believe that this is another survival mechanism that our bodies undergo.
I'm rooting for you to get into the 320's this week.
Chinese food, unless I make it at home does not like me at all. I do not do well with the MSG that is added. Once when at a Chinese restaurant, I asked if they use MSG and they said no--we only use other flavorings and then brought out a big jug to show me. The letters MSG were written across the front. Ugg!
How did you like being a vegetarian? I want to so bad become one for personal reasons (not necessarily what's good for my body).
What are you studying in school?
love2live is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 11:25 AM   #544
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki View Post
Sending an SOS to the Whoosh Fairy for all of us!

In the meantime, here is some

----------------------------

This morning's weigh-in was 158.4. Still creeping down.
Thank you Nikki! Love the dancing broccoli! Let's do the broccoli dance!
Old 01-20-2014, 11:27 AM   #545
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthy for life View Post
154 this morning!! woot woot! happy dance today I have made it through another weekend of no wine, so proud of myself...it hasn't been easy!
Woot Woot is right! Congratulations on the weight loss! And the lack of wine too !
Old 01-20-2014, 11:29 AM   #546
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryThompson View Post
Last time I posted, I think I was had just touched 279 again. Yesterday, I was 280 again. But this morning, 277! A Happy Surprise!

What did someone here call it? The Whoosh Fairy?

I was beginning to think I would need to adjust my end-of-month goal of 275 to accommodate this stall, but I might make it there in 11 days now.

So I stay on the trail and add exercise back in and watch the numbers continue to go down.
Mary Thompson, you can do it. You just have 2 more pounds and 12 days. You got it. Nice goal setting!
Old 01-20-2014, 11:34 AM   #547
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyathome View Post
I am in rough spot here. My body seems to get down to 142 and does not want to budge lower. This is the point where I have quit the last couple of times I tried to get back low carb.

This time I will not quit!
Lady at home,
Whew, I feel for you! When I get to 200, I just can't seem to lose anymore (or so I think) and I have always given up. You can do it--get past the 142 stall. Remember summer's coming (insert smiley with a cute summer outfit). What are you eating daily?
Old 01-20-2014, 12:00 PM   #548
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amin81 View Post
Grats to those who are losing and a big Hang in There-woosh to the uppers, it'll turn down again soon!

A couple of things on my mind today.

First off, I notice that I am having a tougher time eating breakfast. Even just a little yoghurt feels like it just grows in my mouth and I have to force it down.
Due to this, I've been thinking about adding some 16:8 fasting to my LCHF plan, i.e., where you only eat in an 8-hour interval and fast for 16 hours, most of that time when you sleep.
So my eating time would be 12noon - 8pm, effectively cutting out breakfast. Supposedly this is good for your body because it allows it more time to recuperate and regrow cells and clear toxins and such from what I've read.
Anyone tried anything similar and have any insights?

Next, this is a tricky week for me as I'm all alone while the hubby is travelling. Usually when he's gone, I would comfort eat. Determined to not let that happen. So I'll likely be on here a Lot!
The fun thing is that he's actually in the States for the week. Normally, I'd have him bring back all sorts of not-low carb treats. That's obviously out of the question.
But would you all have any great suggestions on what he could bring back that would make this low carbing all the more awesome? France has a Very limited supply of fun stuff for low carb (the stereotype of them carrying baguette under their arms is totally true!). I've already asked him to look into finding DaVinci sugarfree coffee syrup.
Anything else??

Finally, you're going to think I'm crazy but this morning, I looked through my closet and mentally picked out all the clothes that I will want to throw away when they are too big. Totally odd but motivating for me. =)

Stay awesome ladies!
Hey goodmorning from my neck of the woods,
You must have been reading my mind because I loathe breakfast (in the morning) and have to figure out another WOE. I can eat breakfast foods any time of the night.

Actually, come to think of it, I feel better and do the 16:8 fasting. It's almost noon here and I managed to make my self a protein shake just because I know, number 1--that I need to start my metabolism (I wonder how true this is), and two--I won't get a late afternoon headache (this is very true).

As far as low carb treats go, I don't think I can help you in that area too much. I find that they all stall me and I am one of those individuals who know chemically what artificial sugars do to one's body so I have to be careful not to get on my soap box and become belligerent and arrogant. All I have to say is that if you truly cherish your body not only on your ideal size, you would spend some time reading/researching artificial sweeteners on the internet. (take it from a chemist and health profession ) Now, I am not saying that I am perfect by no means since I do every now and then enjoy SF creamers in my coffee--but I'm a SF creamer addict and I struggle on a daily basis.

The SF syrups are great though if you are going to get them. The trick to those is learning how to cook with them. I used to make creme brulee with the almond flavor.

RAW, UNSWEETENED CACAO NIBS are a must when baking if you are a chocolate freak like me.
"this low carbing all the more awesome" <- I love this! I can tell you what I did over the weekend that helped me out a bit. I took 6 eggs whites and mixed them into stiff peaks. Then I folded in the egg yolks. I added goat cheese. I put golf ball sized dollops onto a cookie sheet and baked them for 20 minutes at 350. Then I store them in a zip lock baggie. I change up the recipe a lot; bacon pieces and cheddar, cinnamon with slivered almonds on top, lemon pepper. You can probably add just about anything. In the olden days of lo-carbing, we used to call them oopsies. You can search for the name oopsies and probably find other recipes.

I am going through all of my clothes and I too cannot wait to give my fat clothes away! That seems to motivate me more than the skinny cute clothing.

It was nice chatting at you
Amin. Have a great rest of the day.
Old 01-20-2014, 12:09 PM   #549
Major LCF Poster!

Officially Good afternoon everyone from the back side of Lake Tahoe!

As you can see, I had a little time on my hands--a break from studying no less and I'm spending it with you.

I weighed in at 256.3, that's a 13.7# loss since New Year's Day. My goal is 255#s by the end of the month.

I seem to be only getting in about 6000 steps per day and am gonna have to figure out how to make more time.

I should probably get back to the books. Have a great rest of the day.
Old 01-20-2014, 12:17 PM   #550
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ladyathome
Quote:
Originally Posted by love2live View Post
Lady at home,
Whew, I feel for you! When I get to 200, I just can't seem to lose anymore (or so I think) and I have always given up. You can do it--get past the 142 stall. Remember summer's coming (insert smiley with a cute summer outfit). What are you eating daily?
Thanks. I have several cute summer clothing items I want to wear. As for what I eat daily, it varies. Usually eggs and coffee for breakfast. Lunch is sometimes tuna or leftovers or cold cuts and cheese. Dinner is usually either meat and veggie or sometimes leftovers or an Atkins bar. If my family is having something for dinner I don't eat, I don't mind fending for myself.

I know for a fact I need to drink more water. Also I have probably relied on Atkins bars too much. So I am cutting back on those and eating more real food. Yesterday we were at a farmers market and I bought Peblano peppers. I thought I could use them . Maybe put some cheese and meat in them and cook them in the oven. I might try it tonight. The family is eating spaghetti.
ladyathome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 01:11 PM   #551
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mayleesa
Stats: (5'5") 209/176.4/140lb
WOE: low carb
Start Date: 12/26/2013
thanks for all of the positive mojo here....I was goin down a spiral, hit the low on Friday and went up a couple just cause my body thought it would be fun, I know it will come off but dang if it isn't a bit depressing, and yes I know I shouldn't be a slave to my scale but I just am....thanks for the will power dust and I will dance like broccoli....here's to that fairy cause man I just can't break this.....bah!
mayleesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 01:14 PM   #552
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Lunch is sometimes tuna or leftovers or cold cuts and cheese. Dinner is usually either meat and veggie or sometimes leftovers or an Atkins bar.
I know for a fact I need to drink more water. Also I have probably relied on Atkins bars too much.
Stuffed peppers sound so good. My mouth watered when I read what you were going to make.Have you thought about induction again for two weeks? I know that Atkins bars really make me stall forever even though I am only eating 20 carbs per day. What kind of cold cuts are you eating?
Old 01-20-2014, 01:36 PM   #553
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: vella_marie
Stats: 334.4/315/140
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: 1/3/2014
Whoosh fairy please come visit me and my new lowcarbing friends soon! I will leave you a baggie full of yummy bacon under my pillow tonight! Scale is still creeping up. I am coming of a big lose so I hope that my body adjusts then starts to lose again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amin81 View Post
Grats to those who are losing and a big Hang in There-woosh to the uppers, it'll turn down again soon!

A couple of things on my mind today.

First off, I notice that I am having a tougher time eating breakfast. Even just a little yoghurt feels like it just grows in my mouth and I have to force it down.
Due to this, I've been thinking about adding some 16:8 fasting to my LCHF plan, i.e., where you only eat in an 8-hour interval and fast for 16 hours, most of that time when you sleep.
So my eating time would be 12noon - 8pm, effectively cutting out breakfast. Supposedly this is good for your body because it allows it more time to recuperate and regrow cells and clear toxins and such from what I've read.
Anyone tried anything similar and have any insights?

Finally, you're going to think I'm crazy but this morning, I looked through my closet and mentally picked out all the clothes that I will want to throw away when they are too big. Totally odd but motivating for me. =)

Stay awesome ladies!
I have done I.F. before and it has seemed to work a little bit. The only problem I have ever had was good planning since I am gone generally 730 am to 9-1030pm during the weekdays. I could never really get it to work with my schedule.

That's a great motivational tool. I like to go online and browse all the things I want to be able to wear. I save pictures in my "weight loss motivation" file. I have an event coming up with summer, and most people dress up in fun costumes and clothing. Now I wont be like the girls in a bikini bottom and pasties (skinny or not!) but I do have some fun ideas for myself that I would feel more comfortable with losing some weight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by katyNH View Post
Hi Everyone,

Measuring and weighing only makes me obsess about how little I can eat so what works for me is to just avoid the "bad stuff."

I started on 1/2/14 and have pretty much stayed on track. I have also joined the YMCA and am trying to do 2 or 3 Zumba classes a week (I work full time and have 3 kids so sometimes getting there is tricky). I am 5'6" and weigh about 157. I would love to get down to 140 and get back into a size 8 (the size all my summer clothes are in). Since I live in NH, summer really doesn't start till mid to late May so if I could lose even a pound a week, I would make my goal.

I used to be an all day coffee drinker (with splenda and half and half). I cut that way down and am only drinking coffee when I get ready for work and green tea for the rest of the day. I am also forcing myself to drink at least 40 oz of plain water a day and added a bit of excercise. Again, I thought even adding 2-3 classes was better than nothing and the weight would come off but it really hasn't.

Starting to get a bit stressed. What I am doing now, HAS to be better than what I was doing before (no restrictions on what I was eating).

Welcome!!! Good starts with joining the YMCA and exercise classes, they sound like fun.

Quote:
Hello vella Marie,
I as just reading last night about how not enough sleep can cause a person to retain weight normally lost. I believe that this is another survival mechanism that our bodies undergo.
I'm rooting for you to get into the 320's this week.
Chinese food, unless I make it at home does not like me at all. I do not do well with the MSG that is added. Once when at a Chinese restaurant, I asked if they use MSG and they said no--we only use other flavorings and then brought out a big jug to show me. The letters MSG were written across the front. Ugg!
How did you like being a vegetarian? I want to so bad become one for personal reasons (not necessarily what's good for my body).
What are you studying in school?
I know I need more sleep. I am the same with eating out in general. You know knows whats in their seasoning, rubs, sauces or marinades so even the meat isn't safe to me.

I absolutely loved being a vegetarian!!!! Its still my preferred way of life. I became a veggie because I do not agree how we produce meat. I don't think its wrong to eat meat, but I do think it wrong to unnaturally produced millions of animals to be slaughtered, keep them in horrible living conditions that causes diseases to them and potentially us, and pump them full of lord knows what and chemicals. I know its supply and demand, but at what cost? Not saying that I judge people for eating meat, I just say be careful and try to buy local farm raised options.

My goal is to get close to a healthier weight, then slowly transition back to a low carb vegetarian lifestyle.

I am studying zoology at school. I am also doing the Registered Veterinary Technician program on the side. I will be finished with the RVT program this summer but I still have good 1.5 years until I get my bachelors in zoology. That's why I don't sleep that much. Always too busy. I may or may not go to Vet School, its always been my hearts desire, but I also want a family. So that decision is still up in the air. With or without Vet school I still plan on working will Big Cats and other wild animals. Lions, and tigers and bears oh my goodness yes!!!!

Quote:
Thanks. I have several cute summer clothing items I want to wear. As for what I eat daily, it varies. Usually eggs and coffee for breakfast. Lunch is sometimes tuna or leftovers or cold cuts and cheese. Dinner is usually either meat and veggie or sometimes leftovers or an Atkins bar. If my family is having something for dinner I don't eat, I don't mind fending for myself.

I know for a fact I need to drink more water. Also I have probably relied on Atkins bars too much. So I am cutting back on those and eating more real food. Yesterday we were at a farmers market and I bought Peblano peppers. I thought I could use them . Maybe put some cheese and meat in them and cook them in the oven. I might try it tonight. The family is eating spaghetti.
mmmmm that sounds like such a good idea! Runs to buy peblano peppers!!!!

Last edited by vella_marie; 01-20-2014 at 01:37 PM..
vella_marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 01:44 PM   #554
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Jacki
Stats: 227/197/127
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ValR View Post
I'm overhauling my eating and exercising and will join in. I haven't been to the pool or waterparks for three years because of the weight I've put on and REFUSE to be missing out on summer activities because I'm ashamed of the extra weight.
You took the words right out of my mouth.
Jacki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 01:49 PM   #555
Junior LCF Member

I am joining the challenge!! Roller Coaster Here I come!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayleesa View Post
HERE I AM!!!!!! ok....I'm soooooo in it to win it!!!! I WANT 160 by June 1, 2014. I HAVE GOT to be there. My ultimate goal is 140 but 160 by June....I will settle for no less....I have challenged myself with working out for 30 minutes each day....30 minutes on a tracker says these 3 activities burn 383 calories for either jogging, exercise machine (elliptical) in my case or Workout DVD
You're ON!! I am in. A few weeks late, but SO thrilled I found you!! 160= June 1. Aaaaaaand they're OFF!
Old 01-20-2014, 02:21 PM   #556
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katyNH View Post
Hi Everyone,

Hi Katie - a lot of people find that any sugar substitute on induction can stall weight loss. Just a thought...
What does your menu look like? It is definitely diet related.
Old 01-20-2014, 03:03 PM   #557
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Jacki !
Old 01-20-2014, 03:26 PM   #558
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mayleesa
Stats: (5'5") 209/176.4/140lb
Start Date: 12/26/2013
love 2 live, thanks for being sooo nice and on top of everything!!! Welcome all new comers and good mojo to everyone!!!

Jacki!! LET's DO THIS....I will be so happy to have more people to cheer eachother on!!! We soooo got this!!!

Last edited by mayleesa; 01-20-2014 at 03:29 PM..
mayleesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 07:05 PM   #559
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayleesa View Post

Jacki!! LET's DO THIS....I will be so happy to have more people to cheer eachother on!!! We soooo got this!!!
With such support on this forum it'll be hard to quit. I sent you a friend request.
Old 01-20-2014, 07:06 PM   #560
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Hi Jacki !
I am DE-lighted to be here!! Thank you for the warm welcome.
Old 01-21-2014, 12:04 AM   #561
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Amin81
Stats: 182.5/143.1/132
WOE: LowCarbHighFat & 16:8
Start Date: 7 Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjgh06 View Post
Amin, I do IF, water fasting, fat fasting, and complete fasting days, not all in the same week. I started it mainly because I had no appetite and continue to do so partly because of that and also when I stall for more than two days. I think it helps out a lot.

Low carb stuff maybe to get - if you don't have flax seed meal there that would be good so you can make low carb breads. Low carb or all natural peanut butter and low carb chocolate cacao powder, both to make low carb desserts.
Awesome on the fasting experience. Motivating me to try it. Sitting here now with just a cup of coffee (and of course the day's first bottle of water) and feeling good.

Thanks also for shopping suggestions. Scary thing - the apartment we're renting doesn't have an oven. But I do love peanut butter ... I'll have to consider if I'll be able to control myself with a jar of it in the house.
Amin81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 12:12 AM   #562
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
As far as low carb treats go, I don't think I can help you in that area too much. I find that they all stall me and I am one of those individuals who know chemically what artificial sugars do to one's body so I have to be careful not to get on my soap box and become belligerent and arrogant. All I have to say is that if you truly cherish your body not only on your ideal size, you would spend some time reading/researching artificial sweeteners on the internet. (take it from a chemist and health profession ) Now, I am not saying that I am perfect by no means since I do every now and then enjoy SF creamers in my coffee--but I'm a SF creamer addict and I struggle on a daily basis.
love2live - Thank you! Similar thoughts have been going through my mind, actually. I did Atkins a few years ago and was at the time totally hooked on the bars (max one a day to not stall). But then I had a more careful look at what they actually contain and well, given that I don't understand 80% of the ingredients, it really gave me something to think about!
And this is probably why, when I tried to make the shopping list, I didn't get any further than the syrup.
So maybe I shall take it as a sign and stop there.Let's keep it as natural as possible!

Raw cacao nibs are added to the for-the-future list once we have an oven again and I can bake. (and I just loved that smiley, had to get him in)
Old 01-21-2014, 12:19 AM   #563
Senior LCF Member

Right, done quoting. =)

Now for the big one! It is Tuesday, weigh-in day. Yay! Or rather, I was scared. But the news is good!!
Last Tuesday: 79.4 kg (175)
Today: 78.3 kg (172.6)

So so excited to see that scale moving. But adding a dose of realism here - that's my first two weeks. Great loss, water loss, all that jazz. Let's see how it evens out to be sustainable for the long haul. Only one thing to do - Stick To It! And of course, do the Broccoli Dance from time to time.

Happy Tuesday everyone! Keep bringing the love.
Old 01-21-2014, 04:14 AM   #564
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: healthy for life
Stats: 165/156/130 height 5'5"
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: January 3, 2014
Hi ladies! Well I majorly fell off the wagon on sunday. I hate a total carb binge. I didn't have any wine but did have some fruit, toast, some chocolate, etc...totally blew it. I was 154 on sunday morning and monday morning I was 156.5. Ughhh!!!! Why do we sabotage ourselves? Well I was back on track all day yesterday and was 155.5 today. I figure it's going to take me all week to get back to my 154. So annoying!! It all started with making a green smoothie for my kids that I put some banana in. It smelled so good that I had a sip and decided to have a small glass. That sent my blood sugar into a spiral and made me crave carbs all day. I cannot do bananas!! I am one of those people that if I have carbs, especially in the morning it makes me crave all day. I need to stay away!
Anyways, I'm still rocking the no booze on day 20 now. Woot woot! and still down 6 lbs since jan 2 so looking at the positive!
xo Ainsley
healthy for life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 05:38 AM   #565
Junior LCF Member

Hi Jacki,

I'll be so bummed if I have to stop with my Splenda
For breakfast I typically have 2 hard boiled eggs. Mid morning snack, piece of fruit. I love oranges but maybe they are the wrong fruit? Lunch, usually a few turkey and cheese rollups with hummus...I am going to try mustard today instead. Dinners, I usually have some type of meat (burgers) on a bed of lettuce with tomato and some blue cheese dressing. Snack, another piece of fruit. Other dinner items I may have is a salad with chicken. I haven't had any bread items since I started so I can't believe I haven't lost more weight. I'm also drinking a ton of water.
To get my weight loss started, I did do the cabbage soup diet. I know this is not the best diet but I figured if I could get the ball rolling with something a bit drastic, that would keep me motivated. I didn't do it the full 7 days, more like 4, then switched to low carb. I've lost about 5 pounds since before the cabbage soup diet, but haven't lost really anything since switching to low carb.
I am wondering if it is because I don't have a ton of weight to lose? Not sure. I am keeping on track but I have to admit I am getting a bit frustrated.
Old 01-21-2014, 05:43 AM   #566
Junior LCF Member

I had my husband hide the scale and only give me access to it once a week. I was getting obsessed and frustrated when I didn't see my weight go down!
Old 01-21-2014, 06:05 AM   #567
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ladyathome
Katy, I don't have a lot to lose either and I am also frustrated. My body gets to a certain pointand does not want to give up any more weight.

Today-142.8
ladyathome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 06:12 AM   #568
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jrowan
Stats: 201.8/199.6/165
Start Date: January 2014
Good morning everyone! Happy to say my scale has finally moved down 2lbs this week! I am increasing my water and walked yesterday it was almost 7o degrees in Atlanta yesterday, so I had no excuse. I ordered a treadmill off Amazon and will start using it daily as soon as I can get my hubby to put it together. I bought some keto strips too, they always keep me from cheating if I see purple.
jrowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 06:18 AM   #569
Junior LCF Member

Ladyathome...so frustrating....how can giving up all the junk I was eating not make more of a difference...and adding exercise to boot!
Old 01-21-2014, 06:21 AM   #570
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Stacy O
Stats: 212/206/175
Start Date: Dec 30 2013
I had a rough week at work last week, and de-stressed with red wine on Friday/Saturday/Sunday/Monday evenings.

I am doing so well with eating & meal planning that I don't want to screw it up with having 2 glasses of wine per night anymore. I had a nice loss last week, and I want to keep moving in that direction, so I won't give in to the vino tonight....making myself that promise. I need to keep reminding myself that I don't want another fat summer! The rest of my work week is going to be busy, and I already feel the stress. I'm keeping my running shoes out so I can see them....and perhaps I will de-stress by walking on my treadmill tonight....i will really try!

Stacy O is online now   Reply With Quote