Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2014, 07:10 AM   #241
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sammi
Stats: 261/225/140
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: July 2013
Ate on plan yesterday, one point
Total 10 points

CTC Week 1 Results:
Name: total points

Slow Sure: 10 points
Tammy: 13 points
Weewess: 10 points
Bobbin: 10 points
Tyl: 12 points
Desertgurl: 11 points
GME: 12.5
Kim: 8 points
Sammi 10 points
Sammi is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2014, 07:10 AM   #242
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Elaine05
Stats: 210/178/165
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Sept 2011
I too would like to join. Are you still open. thanks.
Elaine05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 09:00 AM   #243
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/157.8/?
WOE: lc
Sammi 10 points
jeaniem 8 points
jeaniem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 10:23 AM   #244
Tyl
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Tyl
Stats: Working on it!
WOE: LC
Start Date: Sept 2008/Again Dec. 30, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine05 View Post
I too would like to join. Are you still open. thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vella_marie View Post
Wow! This challenge group is awesome! I would love to join. I know you guys are already done with one week, but I would rather participate in 7 weeks than 0!
You guys are right in time for the start of week 2! Here's to a crap free 7 weeks!!!!
Tyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 10:26 AM   #245
Tyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaniem View Post
Sammi 10 points
jeaniem 8 points
Look at these scores!!!! I don't see a single zero! I see some folks who committed to a crap free week and did a great job! Take some time to reflect on your progress last week. How did it feel to exercise as much (or little) as you did? How did it feel to eat clean vs eating crap? Can you handle another week? Another 7 weeks? Can you maintain these scores? Improve them? I have every confidence that you can achieve whatever goals for this challenge! Getting started was the hardest part and YOU DID IT!!! Congrats to you all!!!!

And if you haven't checked in yet, please do add your name to the list!!!!

CTC Rockstars!

Cut the Crap take 2: sw:276.4 cw: 259.6 Pts: 84!
For 8 weeks I made 84 positive choices!
CTC begins again on 3/2 join us!
Old 01-05-2014, 10:30 AM   #246
Tyl

Well folks I wanted to start week 2 off well, so I got up and did Yoga For Life: Balance work out! I needed some dan tien deep breathing and when shavasana came around I held it a few minutes longer than my actual video! Felt so good!!!! Happy Week 2 ladies!!! Hope you guys are having a great weekend!

Oh yea: I weighed today 269.4...wooo hooo 7 days of clean eating and 5 workouts paid off! 7 lbs down!!!
Old 01-05-2014, 10:37 AM   #247
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyl View Post
Well folks I wanted to start week 2 off well, so I got up and did Yoga For Life: Balance work out! I needed some dan tien deep breathing and when shavasana came around I held it a few minutes longer than my actual video! Felt so good!!!! Happy Week 2 ladies!!! Hope you guys are having a great weekend!

Oh yea: I weighed today 269.4...wooo hooo 7 days of clean eating and 5 workouts paid off! 7 lbs down!!!
AWESOME!

New low this morning!

Week 1: 232.2
Week 2: 228.4

-3.8 for the first week!

Off to start laundry and do a workout...
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 10:39 AM   #248
Tyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
AWESOME!

New low this morning!

Week 1: 232.2
Week 2: 228.4

-3.8 for the first week!

Off to start laundry and do a workout...
Hooray for new lows!!!!!! Just one week into the challenge and already so much success! I'm so excited for you friend!!!!!!
Old 01-05-2014, 11:09 AM   #249
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyboss7
Stats: 245 / 195 / 140
WOE: Hi Protein / Hi Fat / Low Carb
Start Date: R1 10/19/08 R2 12/26/10 R3 12/28/13
Ready for week 2!

Quote:

Tyl that's awesome....way to go! I'm right there with you, I lost 7 pounds week 1 and I am so motivated and ready for week 2!!

I got up and went for my power walk first thing this morning.....hubby & son were still sleeping when I got back. I'm going to make inside out scotch eggs with hollandaise for brunch......enjoying my BPC right now.

I love, love, LOVE this CRAP FREE group and this new found determination and focus we all have.....let's have another great week kids!
ladyboss7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 11:50 AM   #250
GME

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/166/175 Trying again...223/199/146 5'7
WOE: JUDDD/LC/Gluten Free
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
We all did so well our first week!

I am down 4.8 lbs so far in the challenge. I know it won't keep up this way, but I'll take it for now.

I also think I owe a lot to finding and removing some foods I have a sensitivity or intolerance to. I cut out gluten years ago, but I recently figured out dairy is causing asthma-like symptoms. I now think it was stalling my weight loss too. I sure miss my cheese and yogurt, but if I can breathe and get thinner I'll find a way to manage.

7/27/14- Wharf to Wharf (6 miles)- I won! 9/14/14- Title 9K- I won! 11/9/14- Surfer's Path 10K- I won! 12/7/14- Jinglebell Rock 5K- I won!
2/7/15 - Together Love Run 5K, 3/22/15- She is Beautiful 10K, 4/12/15- Santa Cruz Half Marathon

*My definition of win: I didn't quit, didn't throw up, and they didn't close the course on me.
GME is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 12:19 PM   #251
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Iwillwin82
Stats: 230/230/165
WOE: Atkins WOE
Start Date: January 2014
I would love to get in on this challenge, as I'm starting Atkins and will need all of the motivation!
Iwillwin82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 01:09 PM   #252
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bobbin
WOE: High fat, moderate protein, low carb
Welcome!!

I lost 8 lbs this week!! I know it won't keep up at this pace like Gina said, but I will TAKE IT any way I can, lol. I do feel so much better already, and I'm looking forward to those loosening pants over the next few weeks!!

Week 1: 239
Week 2: 231

Yeah! On track eating today, I have a lot of chores to get done and it's snowing freezing so no walking - no work out today. 1 point for this week so far.

My work out plans for this week:

Monday: Foam rolling class
Tuesday: Hatha Yoga
Wednesday: Pilates and then Restorative yoga
Thursday: Lap swim and then Restorative yoga
Saturday: Lap swim and then Restorative yoga

I am so looking forward to spring weather...hubby and I are planning a GINORMOUS vegetable garden this year, and we may even get a couple of chickens!! I can't wait to get out there and start planning, getting the yard ready, turning in compost, etc.
Old 01-05-2014, 01:36 PM   #253
Tyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyboss7 View Post
Tyl that's awesome....way to go! I'm right there with you, I lost 7 pounds week 1 and I am so motivated and ready for week 2!!

I got up and went for my power walk first thing this morning.....hubby & son were still sleeping when I got back. I'm going to make inside out scotch eggs with hollandaise for brunch......enjoying my BPC right now.

I love, love, LOVE this CRAP FREE group and this new found determination and focus we all have.....let's have another great week kids!

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got my workout in while hubby was still in bed too! Feels so good to be treating our bodies so well

Quote:
Originally Posted by GME View Post
We all did so well our first week!

I am down 4.8 lbs so far in the challenge. I know it won't keep up this way, but I'll take it for now.

I also think I owe a lot to finding and removing some foods I have a sensitivity or intolerance to. I cut out gluten years ago, but I recently figured out dairy is causing asthma-like symptoms. I now think it was stalling my weight loss too. I sure miss my cheese and yogurt, but if I can breathe and get thinner I'll find a way to manage.
This is very interesting. I'm starting to think I have some sensitivities too...never thought they may be getting in the way of weight loss too. Will add it to my list of things to talk to my doctor about. A life without cheese.... I think you are right...if I can feel and look better it's totally worth it.

Congrats on that fabulous loss!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbin View Post
Welcome!!

I lost 8 lbs this week!! I know it won't keep up at this pace like Gina said, but I will TAKE IT any way I can, lol. I do feel so much better already, and I'm looking forward to those loosening pants over the next few weeks!!

Week 1: 239
Week 2: 231

Yeah! On track eating today, I have a lot of chores to get done and it's snowing freezing so no walking - no work out today. 1 point for this week so far.

My work out plans for this week:

Monday: Foam rolling class
Tuesday: Hatha Yoga
Wednesday: Pilates and then Restorative yoga
Thursday: Lap swim and then Restorative yoga
Saturday: Lap swim and then Restorative yoga

I am so looking forward to spring weather...hubby and I are planning a GINORMOUS vegetable garden this year, and we may even get a couple of chickens!! I can't wait to get out there and start planning, getting the yard ready, turning in compost, etc.
Loving your workout plan! Great job
Old 01-05-2014, 01:42 PM   #254
Major LCF Poster!

WOW!!

Oh My Goodness, do you guys realize that just based on what's been reported this morning between Tyl, Danielle, Gina, Bobbin and me that we have lost 30.6 points in week 1?!?!?! (I hope I didn't forget anyone) That's AMAZING! Keep up the great work!!!!

I don't mean to brag, but I have to tell you.....I made the inside out scotch eggs with fresh Hollandaise sauce this morning for brunch, and OMG....it was SOOOOOO good!!!! Hubby had 3 eggs.....said it was amazing!!! The calorie count was really low and the carb count was virtually non-existent....this will now be a staple in this house!!

Be the type of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap....she's up"!!

Made it to Onederland 7/1/14!!!
199 190 185 180 175 170 165 160 155 150 145
Old 01-05-2014, 01:58 PM   #255
Tyl

Quote:
Oh My Goodness, do you guys realize that just based on what's been reported this morning between Tyl, Danielle, Gina, Bobbin and me that we have lost 30.6 points in week 1?!?!?! (I hope I didn't forget anyone) That's AMAZING! Keep up the great work!!!!

I don't mean to brag, but I have to tell you.....I made the inside out scotch eggs with fresh Hollandaise sauce this morning for brunch, and OMG....it was SOOOOOO good!!!! Hubby had 3 eggs.....said it was amazing!!! The calorie count was really low and the carb count was virtually non-existent....this will now be a staple in this house!!
That is amazing!!!!!! Great job y'all!

What's scotch eggs and how do u make them inside out
Old 01-05-2014, 02:06 PM   #256
Big Yapper!!!!

Everyone is doing so well!

That's the bummer thing (kinda ) about not veering too far off plan before starting a challenge...the losses aren't as superb..my loss is miniscule compared to what's happening this week.

Bobbin~ foam rolling class, really? Sounds intriguing! Can't wait to see pics of this garden, it sounds fabulous.

Tammy~ so glad you liked the eggs and that DH is grooving on them too....that's always a plus when the hubby can get excited too!

Gina~ breathing is always good! My DD17 has gluten allergies & asthma too...she's found a huge relief in her asthma since ridding gluten from her diet, it's astounding... thankfully dairy doesn't seem to bother her, I think she'd die without her cheese

Tyl~ so proud of ya girl, you're rocking those numbers!

Iwillwin~

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
Old 01-05-2014, 02:15 PM   #257
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
That is amazing!!!!!! Great job y'all!

What's scotch eggs and how do u make them inside out
Scotch eggs are basically a meatball with a hard boiled egg in the center.....major protein bomb! An inside out scotch egg is: Ground breakfast sausage patted into muffin tin cups with the center hollowed out so the sausage forms a cup. Bake those for about 8 - 10 min @ 350 to mostly cook the sausage.....take them out, spoon off some of the little puddles of fat in the sausage cups then gently break 1 egg into each cup....put them back into the oven for about 15 min till the whites are solid, but the yolks are still soft.....longer if you like your yolks solid....that's it....easy peasy. The first time I made them we liked them, but my hubby mentioned that they'd be even better with Hollandaise.....I LOOOOOVE Hollandaise....it's super easy to make and it's perfect for this WOE. So this morning I made some and O.M.G.......it was divine!
Old 01-05-2014, 02:20 PM   #258
Tyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Everyone is doing so well!

That's the bummer thing (kinda ) about not veering too far off plan before starting a challenge...the losses aren't as superb..my loss is miniscule compared to what's happening this week.

Bobbin~ foam rolling class, really? Sounds intriguing! Can't wait to see pics of this garden, it sounds fabulous.

Tammy~ so glad you liked the eggs and that DH is grooving on them too....that's always a plus when the hubby can get excited too!

Gina~ breathing is always good! My DD17 has gluten allergies & asthma too...she's found a huge relief in her asthma since ridding gluten from her diet, it's astounding... thankfully dairy doesn't seem to bother her, I think she'd die without her cheese

Tyl~ so proud of ya girl, you're rocking those numbers!

Iwillwin~
Thanks honey, but don't minimize your losses! You hit a new low! That's amazing! I'm cheering you on!!!!!!
Old 01-05-2014, 02:22 PM   #259
Major LCF Poster!

Danielle, you lost 3.8 points this week.....that's AWESOME!!!! As long as w are consistently losing that's what matter most!
Old 01-05-2014, 02:22 PM   #260
Tyl

Quote:
Scotch eggs are basically a meatball with a hard boiled egg in the center.....major protein bomb! An inside out scotch egg is: Ground breakfast sausage patted into muffin tin cups with the center hollowed out so the sausage forms a cup. Bake those for about 8 - 10 min @ 350 to mostly cook the sausage.....take them out, spoon off some of the little puddles of fat in the sausage cups then gently break 1 egg into each cup....put them back into the oven for about 15 min till the whites are solid, but the yolks are still soft.....longer if you like your yolks solid....that's it....easy peasy. The first time I made them we liked them, but my hubby mentioned that they'd be even better with Hollandaise.....I LOOOOOVE Hollandaise....it's super easy to make and it's perfect for this WOE. So this morning I made some and O.M.G.......it was divine!
Yummy! I will have to have hubby make me this!
Old 01-05-2014, 02:53 PM   #261
Major LCF Poster!

Tammy- I am making those today- do they keep well for to pack for breakfast at work? That sounds yummy!
Bobbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 03:18 PM   #262
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks Tammy & Tyl

My "Before" rock jar is holding 50 stones --figured I'd start with "half" of what I ultimately want to lose (100).... I love that I have successfully passed HALF of those into my Goal jar. Such an incentive to see that all day long, I love that I did it.

Last edited by DesertGurl; 01-05-2014 at 03:20 PM..
Old 01-05-2014, 03:24 PM   #263
Major LCF Poster!

Bobbin, they do pack well....but when you reheat them the egg yolk will cook harder....so what was a runny or medium yolk the first time will be a solid cooked yolk the next time.....but the hollandaise makes up for that!

Danielle, I love the rock jar idea!!!
Old 01-05-2014, 03:30 PM   #264
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/105/105-110
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance.
Start Date: 2011
Week 2

Sunday 5 Jan

Weight: 124.6lbs
WOE: ate on plan for a MD
Exercise: 1.5hrs kayak session in swimming pool

So, 2 points for today.

Oddly enough, I made Scotch eggs for next weeks lunches and snacks as well as meatloaf today I might try the inside out method next time.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 04:04 PM   #265
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jhope
Stats: 170/152/120
WOE: ketogenic w/ a touch of atkins
Start Date: June 2013, it's been a bumpy ride.
Oh jeez, we're suppose to update this daily? ...oops. I only have this week's tally... didn't know the week we joined was supposed to be counted! Erg, I digress, my total is 18 so far, scale hasn't moved at all. Maybe a fluctuation of one or two pounds.

Aw, well I feel dumb and left out now `~`

Edit: Do we count today as well? If so, then this week's total is 22.

Last edited by jhope; 01-05-2014 at 04:05 PM..
jhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 04:27 PM   #266
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhope View Post
Oh jeez, we're suppose to update this daily? ...oops. I only have this week's tally... didn't know the week we joined was supposed to be counted! Erg, I digress, my total is 18 so far, scale hasn't moved at all. Maybe a fluctuation of one or two pounds.

Not everyone can post every day, no biggie!!
Bobbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 05:12 PM   #267

Gallery: s1mon3
Stats: 220/168/145
WOE: Clean Eating/Cal & Carb Cycling
Happy Sunday Folks!!!

Sammi 10 points
jeaniem 8 points
s1mon3: 11
s1mon3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 05:12 PM   #268
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mrstmitch
Stats: 252/220/150
WOE: Rosedale
Start Date: November 1, 2013
Hello---WEEK2!!!

I was so crazy busy yesterday, I didn't have a chance to sign on. (why am I more busy on the weekend days than I am during the week?? )

I stepped on the scale, and I am 5 POUNDS DOWN this week!

mrstmitch (Tracy) Points for week 1
Eating = 5
Exercise = 6
TOTAL=11
mrstmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 05:19 PM   #269

Gallery: s1mon3
Stats: 220/168/145
WOE: Clean Eating/Cal & Carb Cycling
We are all making amazing strides!! I want this momentum for the duration if the challenge!!

I want to try those Scottish eggs...it sounds yummy and I am always looking for breakfast ideas.

My workout regime for this week:

Monday: Zumba
Tuesday: Zumba and Body Pump
Wed: Zumba
Thursday: Zumba, Body Pump, running
Friday: Zumba
Sat: Zumba

Enjoy your the rest of your evening!
s1mon3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 06:25 PM   #270
Tyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhope View Post

Check in as often as you are comfortable with! No bigs! Not sure about your point totals but it looks like your are doing well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstmitch View Post
I was so crazy busy yesterday, I didn't have a chance to sign on. (why am I more busy on the weekend days than I am during the week?? )

I stepped on the scale, and I am 5 POUNDS DOWN this week!

mrstmitch (Tracy) Points for week 1
Eating = 5
Exercise = 6
TOTAL=11
Omg!!!!! That's a fantastic loss!!!!! Great job this week