Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2014, 07:17 AM   #211
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bobbin
WOE: High fat, moderate protein, low carb
Sammi - Right now I'm doing the easiest classes at my gym - I'm lucky to go to a gym with an affordable membership and separate yoga studio that's private from the rest of the gym. So, those are Restorative (stretchy, very slow) and Flow (still stretchy, but a tiny bit more work). I'm adding Hatha (more poses, mid-difficult range)this week, and once I am more confident in a few weeks, Power (not hot yoga, just fast and intense, you build muscle and work up a sweat). I really love it, you should try. Starting with DVDs is great, but eventually it's good to go to a class so an instructor can check your alignment and poses.

Marlette - glad to hear your class went good!! The first class I tried when I joined my gym about a year and a half ago was Zumba, I LOVE to dance too, so I knew I'd love that class. Unfortunately, I over did it and really tweaked my knee, I was worried I wouldn't be able to work out at all! Luckily, I decided to try yoga, and got hooked on that...I do want to try Zumba again, though. I am not one to 'take it easy' when I am dancing, LOL so I have to learn to reign it in a bit to stay safe!!

So, it's nasty and snowing and icy here in Aurora, CO. But, I am going out anyway to do what I aimed to do...swim and restorative yoga. I am determined to get my pants loose again, and quickly!! Have a GREAT day everyone!!

Last edited by Bobbin; 01-04-2014 at 07:19 AM..
Bobbin is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2014, 07:29 AM   #212
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kjsurgtech
Stats: 224/214/185 5'9"
WOE: healthier way of eating
Start Date: Sept. 2011, Dec. 2013
SW- 222.4
CW- 220.8 this morning

In case I don't check back in today.
Total points so far this week so far: 5 for eating on point and 2 for exercising.

Kiki
kjsurgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 07:39 AM   #213
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Start Date: 8/22/14
Week 1: Starting Weight: 232.2
Food-6 pt.
Exercise-4 pt.

Mornin!

Did that BL workout yesterday. This time I didn't go in all "gung-ho" and overdo it Hopefully I won't render myself unable to walk by this afternoon

I did my measurements today. I had to keep reminding myself that they will get smaller, they will get smaller, they will get smaller..... *sigh*

Rest day today. Working on Definitely getting my decorations down today.....Gina, did ya hear me?

Keep it up, gang!
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 08:12 AM   #214
Tyl
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Tyl
Stats: Working on it!
WOE: LC
Start Date: Sept 2008/Again Dec. 30, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
Hey ladies...Tyl, I spaced it on joining this challenge when I saw it originally. Can I jump in with the week starting tomorrow?
7 crap free weeks is better than none!!!!!
Tyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 08:14 AM   #215
Tyl

Marlette!!!!!! You did it! (I knew you would btw) so happy for you. Onward and upward!
Old 01-04-2014, 08:15 AM   #216
Tyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
Just as an update, we paddled for 3 hours in some of the toughest water I've ever been on (the rivers are very high volume and roaring). It was exciting and fabulous and tough.

At 124.6lbs, my weight is within my 124-127lbs maintenance range.

Eating continues to be on plan for an UD - so if I close out like this, 7 points for 7 days of eating on plan and 3 points for 1 gym session and 2 kayak sessions.

Week 1 - 10 points - a good CTC week for me.
Exciting, fabulous, and tough!!!! Love that! Job we'll done

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Food-6 pt.
Exercise-4 pt.

Mornin!

Did that BL workout yesterday. This time I didn't go in all "gung-ho" and overdo it Hopefully I won't render myself unable to walk by this afternoon

I did my measurements today. I had to keep reminding myself that they will get smaller, they will get smaller, they will get smaller..... *sigh*

Rest day today. Working on Definitely getting my decorations down today.....Gina, did ya hear me?

Keep it up, gang!
You are an exercising addict Dani! I'm super impressed!
Old 01-04-2014, 08:20 AM   #217
Tyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaniem View Post
Day 6 already

everyone!

Food- Not on plan

Exercise- Shoveling snow and chiseling ice fun fun

Points to date:8
Hey the jeanie! Time is flying! You can do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbin View Post
Congrats Marlette!

On track today, no work out, so 8 points for the week. Tomorrow is a lap swim and yoga with my work out buddy. I'm down 5 lbs since I started last Saturday!!
I can't swim....I pretend swim and I love it but I can't really get anywhere lol! Wish I could I would love to do that for exercise. I'm in the pool floating around every summer! Love the water. Never learned to really master it though. Enjoy
Old 01-04-2014, 08:22 AM   #218
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/166/175 Trying again...223/211/146 5'7
WOE: Misc.
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
Quote:
Originally Posted by s1mon3 View Post
Hi friends!! The class went really well! I did glub up a few times but nothing anyone noticed! LOL I keep hearing most instructors have a few off moments but you have to keep your cool keep it moving and your class will never know. so I just kept going!!

Overall I was proud of my performance. It was a sink or swim moment and I mos def stayed afloat! lol I now know where the adjustments need to be made. Thanks for all the well wishes!! I def needed the positive
Congratulations on flying solo!
GME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 08:23 AM   #219
Tyl

Ladies and gent: today ends our first week...don't forget to post your results at the end of it

CTC Week 1 Results:
Name: total points

We will keep a running list so add your name when you are ready. I need to get a workout in before my final checkin. Talk to ya soon!
Old 01-04-2014, 08:29 AM   #220
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/108/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
CTC Week 1 Results:
Slow Sure: 10 points
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 08:31 AM   #221
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyl View Post
I can't swim....I pretend swim and I love it but I can't really get anywhere lol! Wish I could I would love to do that for exercise. I'm in the pool floating around every summer! Love the water. Never learned to really master it though. Enjoy
I took a class at our local community college a couple of summers ago, hoping to brush up on "real" swimming. I got there and the instructor said, "Can you swim?" Since the answer was yes I was sent over to the lap pool to do a workout he had on the board.

Turns out he had a class of total non-swimmers at the same time. I was on my own.

Anyway, the point of this long story.... You Tube. I went home and found tons of videos on proper form and breathing. Get a float for your upper body and work on what your legs are supposed to be doing. They also have one that goes between your thighs so you can work on what your arms and face should be doing. With the floats you won't sink, so you can work on form rather than survival.

It really helped me. I just don't have access to a pool and I don't swim in the ocean (I am not at the top of the food chain there).

3/24/14- She is Beautiful 10k- I won!, 7/27/14- Wharf to Wharf (6 miles)- I won!
9/14/14- Title 9K- I won!
11/9/14- Surfer's Path 10K, 4/12/15- Santa Cruz Half Marathon

*My definition of win: I didn't quit, didn't throw up, and they didn't close the course on me.
Old 01-04-2014, 08:34 AM   #222
Tyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by GME View Post
I took a class at our local community college a couple of summers ago, hoping to brush up on "real" swimming. I got there and the instructor said, "Can you swim?" Since the answer was yes I was sent over to the lap pool to do a workout he had on the board.

Turns out he had a class of total non-swimmers at the same time. I was on my own.

Anyway, the point of this long story.... You Tube. I went home and found tons of videos on proper form and breathing. Get a float for your upper body and work on what your legs are supposed to be doing. They also have one that goes between your thighs so you can work on what your arms and face should be doing. With the floats you won't sink, so you can work on form rather than survival.

It really helped me. I just don't have access to a pool and I don't swim in the ocean (I am not at the top of the food chain there).
I never would have thought of YouTube!!! I need to look into membership at our rec center so I can access the pool. Maybe I can learn to swim in 2014
Old 01-04-2014, 08:41 AM   #223
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

It is only 8:30 in the morning here, so I will wait to post my totals for the week. I have a good day planned, but let's be sure it is executed.

Yesterday was a good day. I FINALLY got the Christmas decorations down and had a rest day from exercise. Food was good. I made a warm spinach salad for dinner that was yummy. I have them in restaurants all the time, but I had never made one at home.

Work comes again on Monday. The first day should be easy since I'll be there almost alone, but come Tuesday the hamster wheel starts turning again- then my mettle will be tested. Oh wait, I have a dr appointment Tuesday a ways away so I'll miss most of the day. A little reprieve.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 01-04-2014, 12:51 PM   #224
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyboss7
Stats: 245 / 195 / 140
WOE: Hi Protein / Hi Fat / Low Carb
Start Date: R1 10/19/08 R2 12/26/10 R3 12/28/13
Happy Saturday!

Good morning ladies!

Danielle, I'm right there with ya....I measured too!!

Marlette, awesome job on your solo run.....you rock! I will have to give Zumba a shot.....

Bobbin, you live in Aurora?!?! We lived in Colorado for 15 years!! We lived in Aurora for several years, then moved up to Fort Collins. Our kids still refer to Fort Collins as home! We don't miss the snow though.....we moved to AZ and after a few years there didn't want the heat, so we moved to So. Cal and LOVE the weather....thank heavens, we're at the edge of the country now, no where else to go!!

Everyone's doing SO GREAT....this is definitely a NO CRAP zone!!!

I'm at 11 points for the week...no exercise yesterday. I plan to be at 13 by the end of the day, but I'll come back and officially post at the end of the day! It's nearly 1:00 here, but I slept in until 10:00 this morning!!!! Guess I needed the sleep huh?? My hubby said I looked utterly exhausted after my two Monday week....guess I was!

Have a great day loves, I'll be back tonight!

Be the type of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap....she's up"!!

Made it to Onederland 7/1/14!!!
199 190 185 180 175 170 165 160 155 150 145
ladyboss7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 01:00 PM   #225
Major LCF Poster!

Danielle, I sent you a PM about the measurements....don't get discouraged, we can do this!!
Old 01-04-2014, 01:03 PM   #226
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bobbin
WOE: High fat, moderate protein, low carb
Tammy, yes, I do live here in Aurora. I love Colorado, although I've lived in California too. I was born in San Louis Obispo, and later moved there to live in Redwood City and San Mateo outside San Francisco, Citris Heights outside of Sacramento, and even Channel Islands/Oxnard at one point. I love love California too. It's beautiful and I'm more of an ocean person, than a mountain person.

My totals for this week:

Food -7
Gym - 3
Total= 10

I think I'll keep my running total in my signature or something, so I can remember. I can't wait to weigh in over the next few weeks, and that's sayin' something!

Last edited by Bobbin; 01-04-2014 at 01:04 PM..
Bobbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 03:02 PM   #227
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: weewess
Stats: (hi215)173/169/148
WOE: Induction/LC
Start Date: Reboot Dec. 26, 2013
End of week 1

7 on plan food points
3 workout points

10 total for the week.

Will try to get more exercise in next week.
weewess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 04:07 PM   #228
Major LCF Poster!

Week 1 results

Ok ladies, got in one heck of a walk and ate on plan all day today!!

CTC Week 1: 13
Tammy total: 13
Old 01-04-2014, 06:59 PM   #229
Tyl

CTC Week 1 Results:

Tammy: 13 points
Weewess: 10 points
Bobbin: 10 points
Tyl: 12 points
Old 01-04-2014, 07:01 PM   #230
Tyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyboss7 View Post
Ok ladies, got in one heck of a walk and ate on plan all day today!!

CTC Week 1: 13
Tammy total: 13
lol the walk sounds interesting.... details?!!?!?
Old 01-04-2014, 07:23 PM   #231
Major LCF Poster!

Tyl,

Lol, well I manage an apartment community and live here as well. We are near the top of a very steep hill and the community is quite lovely but very gradient because of the hill......so we have steps and meandering sidewalks / foot bridges throughout. I convinced my fitness nut son to take a walk with me to the grocery store (at the top of the hill) What I didn't tell him was my path to the store would not be the standard straight shot.

I plotted a path through out the steepest part of the community that forced us to wind our way up and down numerous stairs and eventually mid way down the bottom of the very steep hill then forcing us to walk all the way up the very steep hill just to get to the store. We power walked the whole thing!!

My son loved it, but even he was sweating and said he couldn't believe that I'd done that....that he was impressed.....but next time could we please just drive to the store??? The whole walk took us well over 30 minutes, and given that it was barely 70 degrees I was pretty impressed that we worked up such a sweat.
Old 01-04-2014, 07:26 PM   #232
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Start Date: 8/22/14
Food- 7pt.
Exercise-4 pt.

Another great productive day!! No formal exercise today but I got a lot of movement in taking down all of my decorations.....lots of up & down the stairs! I've made it a point to be consistently moving somehow through the day...even as simple as parking as far away as I can at the store, or using the bathroom upstairs vs the one on the first floor....stuff like that. I believe it's all helping me change my mindset about being active.

Week 1 Total: 11 points

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 07:33 PM   #233
Tyl

Quote:
Tyl,

Lol, well I manage an apartment community and live here as well. We are near the top of a very steep hill and the community is quite lovely but very gradient because of the hill......so we have steps and meandering sidewalks / foot bridges throughout. I convinced my fitness nut son to take a walk with me to the grocery store (at the top of the hill) What I didn't tell him was my path to the store would not be the standard straight shot.

I plotted a path through out the steepest part of the community that forced us to wind our way up and down numerous stairs and eventually mid way down the bottom of the very steep hill then forcing us to walk all the way up the very steep hill just to get to the store. We power walked the whole thing!!

My son loved it, but even he was sweating and said he couldn't believe that I'd done that....that he was impressed.....but next time could we please just drive to the store??? The whole walk took us well over 30 minutes, and given that it was barely 70 degrees I was pretty impressed that we worked up such a sweat.

That IS impressive! And your son sounds like a trooper!!! Thanks for sharing!
Old 01-04-2014, 07:35 PM   #234
Tyl

CTC Week 1 Results:

Desertgurl: 11 points
Old 01-04-2014, 07:55 PM   #235
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Almost bedtime here and I had a good day. Took a 5 mile walk, cleaned the living room carpet and all food was on plan.

My totals for the week: Food 6.5 (one day was all on-plan, but too much, round me down if half points aren't allowed ) and 6 points for exercise = 12.5 points
Old 01-04-2014, 07:57 PM   #236
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Tyl,

Nice
Old 01-04-2014, 08:07 PM   #237
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Today I found a nice trail. There is a state park a couple miles from us. I can get there on farm roads or the beach, but once I was in the park I would run on a narrow road with cars & RVs that often drove too fast. Turns out there is a nice trail covered in bark that runs through all the different campgrounds.
Old 01-04-2014, 08:26 PM   #238
Tyl

CTC Week 1 Results:

GME: 12.5

Old 01-04-2014, 09:09 PM   #239
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kjwalsh
Stats: 205/150/140
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2013
CTC Week 1 Results:

GME: 12.5
Kim: 8 points
kjwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 11:33 PM   #240
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: vella_marie
Stats: 334.4/315/140
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: 1/3/2014
Wow! This challenge group is awesome! I would love to join. I know you guys are already done with one week, but I would rather participate in 7 weeks than 0!
vella_marie is offline   Reply With Quote