Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2014, 09:57 AM   #151
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/166/175 Trying again...223/206/146 5'7
WOE: JUDDD/Gluten & Dairy Free
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
We live on the coast of California on the Monterey Bay, near a big slough that feeds it. We mostly go to the slough and close to the shore in the bay. There is tons of wildlife to see. I have never had it happen to me, but you hear fairly regularly about sea otters hauling out on he front of someone's boat. We go to the mountains in the summer and kayak in lakes. No whitewater for me.

We don't own any, but they are on the short list of things to buy. Fortunately, we do have the space to store them. I think we'll get the sit-on-top kind. I have been out in sea kayaks and they were much easier to paddle, tracked much better and moved much faster, but I also fell out quite easily. Very tippy and the water is cold here.

3/24/14- She is Beautiful 10k- I won!, 7/27/14- Wharf to Wharf (6 miles)- I won!
9/14/14- Title 9K- I won!
11/9/14- Surfer's Path 10K, 4/12/15- Santa Cruz Half Marathon

*My definition of win: I didn't quit, didn't throw up, and they didn't close the course on me.
GME is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2014, 10:03 AM   #152
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mcchimento
Stats: 261.8/232.0/150.0
WOE: Atkins with a Mediterranean/Paleo flair
Start Date: Everyday is a new day!
This is day three today.

I think that I ate too much yesterday. We went to eat at Golden Corral. I thought that I made good choices but the volume of food may have been too much. I stayed away from the dessert aisle with no trouble. Maybe too much sodium as well.

Another thing I did was eat my eggs in the morning with a tablespoon of heavy cream. That always seems to make me hungry all day. I wont be doing that anymore. It seems to trigger hunger all day.
mcchimento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 10:51 AM   #153
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyboss7
Stats: 245 / 195 / 140
WOE: Hi Protein / Hi Fat / Low Carb
Start Date: R1 10/19/08 R2 12/26/10 R3 12/28/13
Happy New Year!

Happy New Year ladies, great job everyone being so good last night!!!

Day 3 was a great success! I ate clean all day, got in 40 min of walking and avoided the temptation of ANY alcohol, which was tough as my family was drinking wine! I love wine!!! But I DON'T love the carbs and I REALLY wanted to put up a point for my food....6 points so far this week!

Day 4 off to a great start, sausage and eggs for Breakfast!

Have a great day everyone!
ladyboss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 01:26 PM   #154
I'm his Princess

Gallery: Dedicated
Stats: Goal is a Healthy Weight!
WOE: Clean Eating!
Start Date: Everyday!
Happy New Year!!!!

I didn't have breakfast today but for Lunch I ate Mahi with a Cesar salad.
Thinking of doing some veggie burritos tonight for dinner.
Heading to zumba tonight.

How's everyone?
Dedicated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 02:41 PM   #155
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bobbin
WOE: High fat, moderate protein, low carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjwalsh View Post
You yourself, as much as anyone in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection ~ Buddha

(part of) my New Year's resolution: to love myself and my body

Me too.

OK, still on track - once I set my mind to it enough to join a challenge, it's pretty much assured I'll STAY on track.

I wish everyone here a happy, healthy, peaceful and loving new year!!
Bobbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 03:00 PM   #156
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/?/?
WOE: lc
Day 4

Ate on plan

Exercise: 2 mile walk

Points earned to date-7

Happy New Year everyone!
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 04:07 PM   #157
Major LCF Poster!

Day 4

Day 4 has been very successful! Ate on plan....even when we went to a Thai restaurant for lunch!! I didn't touch a grain of rice, just the chicken AND i even looked up the Nutritional info so I could accurately account for it in my online food & activity journal!!

We went for a walk on the beach and I took my daughters dog out for a brisk walk (more like we walked me....he's STRONG) so I definitely got my walking in today.....all in all another NO CRAP day!!!
Old 01-01-2014, 04:24 PM   #158
Tyl
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Tyl
Stats: Working on it!
WOE: LC
Start Date: Sept 2008/Again Dec. 30, 2013
Happy New Year All!!!!!!

Lots of great updates!!!!! I've never been kayaking but it sure sounds cool.

Way to keep racking up the points guys!!!!

Eating has been good again today. Still have to get my exercise in though. Chat later!!!!
Tyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 06:04 PM   #159
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: weewess
Stats: (hi215)173/169/148
WOE: Induction/LC
Start Date: Reboot Dec. 26, 2013
Crap Cutters Check-in

I don't remember the last time I stuck to plan for more than a few days in a row. So this is so exciting! I feel like I'm on a roll now, it's getting easy to cut the crap and STICK TO IT. This challenge is just the ticket for accountability, too.

Got through NY's Eve on plan. Ate more than usual of an awesome low carb dinner, so I didn't punish myself by getting on the scale this morning. After another clean day today, I'll check for damage in the morning.

Had to eat my 12 grapes at midnight for my 12 wishes, but that will be worth any stall.

No real workouts lately due to working too many hours (retail), but I will focus on that next week.
Old 01-01-2014, 09:27 PM   #160
Tyl

Got my workout in! Night all back in the office tomorrow but will try and check in
Old 01-02-2014, 02:13 AM   #161
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/105/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by GME View Post
Monterey Bay...There is tons of wildlife to see..hear fairly regularly about sea otters hauling out on he front of someone's boat. ...
I think we'll get the sit-on-top kind.
Now that, the seals and the wildlife, are exactly why DH and I want to go sea kayaking.

We've never used SOT kayaks - because the waters are cold here from October-May (possibly June/July), they're not as popular as they are in more Mediterranean countries or in warmer climes.

I have to confess that DH is somewhat keener on the notion of sea kayaking around somewhere like Sicily or warmer parts of Spain rather than the more chilly UK
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 03:48 AM   #162
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sammi
Stats: 261/225/140
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: July 2013
Hi All,

Walked 2 miles yesterday , but went to a New Years Day open house and had a glass of wine. Back on track today. I am so glad the holidays are over.

Exercise one point
Eating plan zero points

Total so far six points.
Sammi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 05:31 AM   #163
I'm his Princess

Good Morning!!!

Ate on plan yesterday, but up 2lbs today. Not sure why but I will keep pressing on. Zumba tonight since the gym closed early last night. I might get two classes in, let's see how I feel.

Morning Sunshynes!
Old 01-02-2014, 06:36 AM   #164
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning everyone.

Yesterday was a good day for me. Food was good and I got a long walk in. I am trying to work myself back into running and do a 10K in March. I'm joining a training program that starts next week so I am trying to get some time in on my feet and build some endurance.

DH and I went out for lunch/dinner in a "touristy" town yesterday. There were many delicious, non-plan things to eat and I thought about it, but wanted to be able to come here and post a good day. So I had a grilled artichoke and warm spinach salad with bacon and prawns. It was . DH got fudge at the candy store next door, but I held strong and got coffee.

I was down a little shy of 2 lbs this morning. That's a total of 4 for the challenge. I know it won't keep up like this, but I'll enjoy it while I can.
Old 01-02-2014, 06:45 AM   #165
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
Now that, the seals and the wildlife, are exactly why DH and I want to go sea kayaking.

We've never used SOT kayaks - because the waters are cold here from October-May (possibly June/July), they're not as popular as they are in more Mediterranean countries or in warmer climes.

I have to confess that DH is somewhat keener on the notion of sea kayaking around somewhere like Sicily or warmer parts of Spain rather than the more chilly UK
I'm not quite sure why they call them "sit on top." There is a seat and you are actually inside. The beauty is they don't tip. You can lean way over, stick both feet off one side, my son has even stood in them. I stay much drier, mostly because I don't fall out. They are popular as rentals around here, probably because they are easier to handle and you can just climb back in without help if need be. They don't paddle or track as well, but I am usually not trying to get anywhere fast, I just go out to get a little exercise and see what I can see.

It is fun though, isn't it?
Old 01-02-2014, 07:00 AM   #166
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Start Date: 8/22/14
Week 1: Starting Weight: 232.2
Food-4 pt.
Exercise-2 pt

Not sure I'll do any exercise today..depends on how inspired I feel after taking down decorations That always makes me tired and grumpy...I know I'll be vacuuming pine needles for the next 2 months already

Not sure what's going on with the scale but whatever...I've been eating clean and doing what I'm supposed to so I guess I'll just keep trudging along..

Have a good day everyone!
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 07:30 AM   #167
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Week 1: Starting Weight: 232.2
Food-4 pt.
Exercise-2 pt

Not sure I'll do any exercise today..depends on how inspired I feel after taking down decorations That always makes me tired and grumpy...I know I'll be vacuuming pine needles for the next 2 months already

Not sure what's going on with the scale but whatever...I've been eating clean and doing what I'm supposed to so I guess I'll just keep trudging along..

Have a good day everyone!
Taking down decorations is on my to-do list for today too. Blech.

Who knows why the scale does what it does? You have the right attitude.
Old 01-02-2014, 08:30 AM   #168
Major LCF Poster!

YES!!!

Good morning ladies!

I am down 2.5 pounds already!!! I was a little concerned about my Thai chicken yesterday....even though I didn't have any rice, you just never know what's in the sauce, etc.....The online nutritional guide I found said estimate 25 carbs for my journal....which is WAYYYY more than I've done at all so far in this challenge.....but I'm still losing so I am SOOO excited!

I got in a 15 minute power walk mostly all uphill (the area I live in is VERY hilly)and I'll get in at least 1 more 15 min power walk.....maybe two if I have time, but today will be very busy at work, it's the 1st and everyone is paying rent.....so I'm likely to be swamped.

Have a GREAT day everyone and way to go cutting the crap ladies!!!!

Be the type of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap....she's up"!!

Made it to Onederland 7/1/14!!!
199 190 185 180 175 170 165 160 155 150 145
Old 01-02-2014, 11:37 AM   #169
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mrstmitch
Stats: 252/220/150
WOE: Rosedale
Start Date: November 1, 2013
Nice!

Quote:
We live on the coast of California on the Monterey Bay, near a big slough that feeds it. We mostly go to the slough and close to the shore in the bay. There is tons of wildlife to see. I have never had it happen to me, but you hear fairly regularly about sea otters hauling out on he front of someone's boat. We go to the mountains in the summer and kayak in lakes. No whitewater for me.
I'm SOOOOO jealous! Monterey is beautiful. Sounds like some super incentive to get outside-- good for you!
mrstmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 11:42 AM   #170
Senior LCF Member

We ARE doing this!

I've really been sticking to it! I'm strict about only weighing once a week, but I feel like I have lost.

This morning I did Kathy Smith's step workout, and did 10 minutes of abdominal work on my own after.

CONGRATS TO ALL!!! This challenge is super, and we're all so motivated. It's very encouraging!
Old 01-02-2014, 12:48 PM   #171
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

5th day check-in

Weight: 125.6lbs (looking to maintain 124-127lbs)

WOE: ate on plan for UD

Exercise: rest day (again, I was tempted to sneak in a session of something but I need the recovery time )
Old 01-02-2014, 12:49 PM   #172
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstmitch View Post
I'm SOOOOO jealous! Monterey is beautiful. Sounds like some super incentive to get outside-- good for you!
It really is beautiful. I try not to take it for granted. Today I almost thought about complaining because it is a little *warm* and the tide is really high right now and that's not my favorite way to walk on the beach.
Old 01-02-2014, 12:57 PM   #173
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Today I almost thought about complaining because it is a little *warm* and the tide is really high right now and that's not my favorite way to walk on the beach.
We have yet more 'exceptional weather' coastal flood warnings with yet another storm in the UK.

The 'exceptional weather' will be tomorrow (Friday) and Sunday. It's been pretty much non-stop flood alerts since before Christmas. The wind got up to Force 5-6 when the expedition leaders called off yesterday's trip so although we might just manage Saturday's paddle (if the canals and rivers don't overflow their banks) I should think Sunday's trip might be cancelled.

My back-up plan is that there's an indoor kayak session at a swimming pool we can go to on Sunday night if the roads are OK (they're vulnerable to flooding and if the weather's very severe, they may be closed - the pool isn't local to us).
Old 01-02-2014, 01:11 PM   #174
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Taking down decorations is on my to-do list for today too. Blech.

Who knows why the scale does what it does? You have the right attitude.
Thanks Gina! ....and no, the decorations haven't come down yet I sit around and look at all of them and think, meh...let's do this instead!

You live in the most beautiful place ever, I love it there..
Old 01-02-2014, 01:52 PM   #175
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Thanks Gina! ....and no, the decorations haven't come down yet I sit around and look at all of them and think, meh...let's do this :
Mine are still up too
Old 01-02-2014, 02:25 PM   #176
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
We have yet more 'exceptional weather' coastal flood warnings with yet another storm in the UK.

The 'exceptional weather' will be tomorrow (Friday) and Sunday. It's been pretty much non-stop flood alerts since before Christmas. The wind got up to Force 5-6 when the expedition leaders called off yesterday's trip so although we might just manage Saturday's paddle (if the canals and rivers don't overflow their banks) I should think Sunday's trip might be cancelled.
Geeze, take care-- I hate it when the weather gets out of control.
Old 01-02-2014, 03:48 PM   #177
Tyl

work has been bananas today! ugh! sorry i can't comment on everything today but you guys are rocking it!!! great job!!!

check in before bed!
Old 01-02-2014, 04:40 PM   #178
I'm his Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyl View Post
work has been bananas today! ugh! sorry i can't comment on everything today but you guys are rocking it!!! great job!!!

check in before bed!
Hope it was a good day!
Old 01-02-2014, 06:18 PM   #179
Blabbermouth!!!

Great day today! Food was on plan and all my water is in before 5pm.. I did a 2 mile walking dvd, totally unplanned but felt motivated so I thought I better get it in

Tomorrow's my Reward day--not sure what's on the menu

I need to remember to take measurements this weekend, I've gotten so lazy with that....does anyone do measurements?
Old 01-02-2014, 06:38 PM   #180
Major LCF Poster!

Danielle, you have a beautiful name.....it's my daughters! I'm with you on the measurement thing....I really need to do this to......I've avoided it like the plague....but I really need to!! I'll do it with you ok??? I'll get a tape measure this weekend when I get the pedometer I've been wanting to pick up!!

BTW, I see you're in Scottsdale.....We just moved to So. Cal a little over a year ago from Scottsdale......I managed an apartment community right off of Raintree & 94th.....we really loved that area, but we DON'T miss the heat!

How's everyone else doing? I had a VERY LONG arduous day, but I stayed on plan and did get my walk in so I'm feeling good!! I'm also waaaaaayyyyyy deep in ketosis....I finally picked up my ketostix today so I could check and be sure.....it really motivates me to see that little stick turn purple!!!

Have a fabulous evening ladies!