Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2013, 06:50 AM   #121
Blabbermouth!!!
 
DesertGurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 7,439
Gallery: DesertGurl
Start Date: 8/22/14
Week 1: Starting Weight: 232.2
Food-2 pt.
Exercise-1 pt.

Scale is moving down. I am feeling better physically now that I am ridding myself of the carby goodness that was Christmas. Phew!

No solid plans for tonight....I'd be lying if I said I wasn't sort've relieved about that when it comes to my diet. Will be kinda nice to maybe have a quiet night at home while the rest of the world drinks themselves stupid

High carb day planned: I am ready for some fruit & a potato

No exercise today.
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-2013, 06:51 AM   #122
Tyl
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Tyl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: TX
Posts: 15,338
Gallery: Tyl
Stats: Working on it!
WOE: LC
Start Date: Sept 2008/Again Dec. 30, 2013
Stole this from a friend's journal! Morning folks! Keep on truckin on day 3! I have to go into the office today, but i will try and check in still!

Quote:
This is your life, so don't settle for a cheap imitation. Live each moment of it with substance.

Life is too precious to waste even a little bit of it on meaningless junk. Give your time, your attention, your efforts and your energy to what really matters.

If something doesn't concern you, don't let it consume you. If something doesn't really matter, then let it go.

There are only so many hours in this day. Choose to spend every one of those hours in the service of what truly matters.

Your priorities are based not on what you say or intend, but on what you actually do with your time. Choose positive, meaningful priorities by spending your time in positive, meaningful ways.

Devote yourself to what truly matters. And add more richness to your world with each passing moment.

Ralph Marston - The Daily Motivator
Tyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 06:53 AM   #123
Tyl
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Tyl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: TX
Posts: 15,338
Gallery: Tyl
Stats: Working on it!
WOE: LC
Start Date: Sept 2008/Again Dec. 30, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbin View Post
Finished the day on track, and made it to the gym too. Total of 3 points so far for this week.


Quote:
Originally Posted by kjwalsh View Post
Wow! Everyone is doing great, including me!!

I've kept my carbs under 20 and walked 5 miles Sunday and 3 on Monday

Keep up the good work!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedicated View Post
I'm so late!! Bbl to check in!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by weewess View Post
Two perfect days down, and another pound lost as a reward.

Thanks so much for cheering us on, Chantyl!

Having friends over for dinner tonight but I won't be derailed.

Happy New Year, Crap-Cutters!


Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Week 1: Starting Weight: 232.2
Food-2 pt.
Exercise-1 pt.

Scale is moving down. I am feeling better physically now that I am ridding myself of the carby goodness that was Christmas. Phew!

No solid plans for tonight....I'd be lying if I said I wasn't sort've relieved about that when it comes to my diet. Will be kinda nice to maybe have a quiet night at home while the rest of the world drinks themselves stupid

High carb day planned: I am ready for some fruit & a potato

No exercise today.


Woooooooooooooo hoooooooooooo! This crap free zone is turning into a success filled zone! Can't beat that!!!!
Tyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 06:54 AM   #124
GME
Big Yapper!!!!
 
GME's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: CA Coast
Posts: 9,586
Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/166/175 Trying again...223/211/146 5'7
WOE: Misc.
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
It is the morning of day 3 so I can reliably reprot on day 2 (you know, it ain't over til its over). I had almost forgotten about the points.

Week 1 Day 1- 2 pts
W1D2- 2 pts
Total- 4

Thanks Chantyl! This is fun

I am going to add sleeping enough to my own little set of goals. My new Up (fitness bracelet, like a Fitbit) tracks sleep and I have been using an app on my phone for a few days too. They aren't super-scientific since the records are based on movement only, not heart rate and temperature like real sleep studies, but the information is very interesting.

I have always felt like I was a pretty good sleeper and the first couple of nights it showed I fell asleep quickly, stayed asleep and woke up right about 8 hours later (I am on vacation so no alarms this week). But it showed I only got 35-45% deep sleep and some nights no REM sleep at all.

I drink caffeine until bedtime most nights. I didn't think it was affecting me since I don't have any trouble falling asleep, but I wondered if it could be affecting how deeply I sleep. Sure enough, the last two nights i haven't had any caffeine after 5:00 and my "deep sleep" percentage went to 68% & 73% (which is a good amount according to the app). I exercised those days, but I had exercised on some of the caffeine days too.

Thought I would mention it in case anyone else is interested. Sleep makes a big difference in our overall fitness- and that's what we are going for here in Team CTC!
__________________
Gina

3/24/14- She is Beautiful 10k- I won!, 7/27/14- Wharf to Wharf (6 miles)- I won!
9/14/14- Title 9K- I won!
11/9/14- Surfer's Path 10K, 4/12/15- Santa Cruz Half Marathon

*My definition of win: I didn't quit, didn't throw up, and they didn't close the course on me.
GME is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 06:57 AM   #125
GME
Big Yapper!!!!
 
GME's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: CA Coast
Posts: 9,586
Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/166/175 Trying again...223/211/146 5'7
WOE: Misc.
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyl View Post
Stole this from a friend's journal! Morning folks! Keep on truckin on day 3! I have to go into the office today, but i will try and check in still!
Great quote, thanks
GME is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 09:51 AM   #126
Senior LCF Member
 
mrstmitch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 497
Gallery: mrstmitch
Stats: 252/220/150
WOE: Rosedale
Start Date: November 1, 2013
Day 3 Check-in

I did great yesterday!! It is noteworthy that I was tempted to eat last night, and the major deterrent was being part of the challenge! It really helps when you're thinking of eating off plan, and the little voice that would be telling you it's ok this one time, has been replaced with "CUT THE CRAP!!"

Just out of curiosity, I had to stand on the scale and I was down a pound. WOOT!

Hope everyone else has a "crap-free" day!
mrstmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 09:53 AM   #127
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
SlowSure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: London/Herts UK
Posts: 3,581
Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/108/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
3rd day check-in

Weight: 124.4lbs (looking to maintain 124-127lbs)

WOE: ate on plan for UD

Exercise: rest day

I was very tempted to throw in a session on the rebounder just so that I could claim an extra exercise point for the week. However, my shoulders are still creaking from yesterday in the gym and DH and I are out and about for a 5hr kayaking trip on New Year's Day (as long as the river levels don't get so high with all the recent flooding and rain that it has to be cancelled for safety reasons). So, caution/commonsense has prevailed and this has remained a rest day.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 09:57 AM   #128
Major LCF Poster!
 
mcchimento's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 1,275
Gallery: mcchimento
Stats: 261.8/232.0/150.0
WOE: Atkins with a Mediterranean/Paleo flair
Start Date: Everyday is a new day!
Day 2 check in:

Down 2.6 lbs. to 254. My goal for this first week of induction is to be out of the 250's.
I will try to do everything I need to do to be successful.
mcchimento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 10:08 AM   #129
Big Yapper!!!!
 
jeaniem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 7,657
Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/?/?
WOE: lc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyl View Post
Sounds like u are making some good decisions! Glad to hear u skipped the crap and made a better choice!

As for the exercise just be sure you aren't talking yourself out of doing what you really can do! I have every confidence that u will get your minimum requirements in!!!!

I have learned from experience and a rotator cuff injury that after a year is just now getting close to healed that a day off is sometimes the best medicine.
Today I feel more energized after having taken a rest day, did a 2 mile walk this morning and will do a weight workout soon.


Do you have a preference regarding posting our points? Daily or at the end of the week?

Thanks for keeping the challenge fun and educational!!!
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 10:37 AM   #130
Major LCF Poster!
 
ladyboss7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 1,439
Gallery: ladyboss7
Stats: 245 / 195 / 140
WOE: Hi Protein / Hi Fat / Low Carb
Start Date: R1 10/19/08 R2 12/26/10 R3 12/28/13
Day 3 check in

Good morning ladies!

Everyone is doing so great!!! I am happy to report that day 2 ended very successfully with the broiled chicken as planned, NO CRAP yesterday!! I'm not an evening snacker, so that usually is not a temptation for me....giving up the evening glass (or 2) of wine is my bigger challenge! My desire to CUT THE CRAP and lose this weight however has outweighed my desire for the wine!!

Day 3 is off to a fabulous start, got my 30 minute walk in first thing before starting work, and Breakfast was a hardboiled egg and coffee with 1 T of cream, and lunch will be steak & eggs. (Thank heavens I love eggs)

I hope everyone is having a fabulous CRAP FREE day!!
__________________
Tammy

Be the type of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap....she's up"!!

Made it to Onederland 7/1/14!!!
199 190 185 180 175 170 165 160 155 150 145
ladyboss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 10:43 AM   #131
Tyl
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Tyl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: TX
Posts: 15,338
Gallery: Tyl
Stats: Working on it!
WOE: LC
Start Date: Sept 2008/Again Dec. 30, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaniem View Post
I have learned from experience and a rotator cuff injury that after a year is just now getting close to healed that a day off is sometimes the best medicine.
Today I feel more energized after having taken a rest day, did a 2 mile walk this morning and will do a weight workout soon.


Do you have a preference regarding posting our points? Daily or at the end of the week?

Thanks for keeping the challenge fun and educational!!!
You are kicking butt Jeanie! And i agree we have to treat our bodies with the respect it deserves!!!! Post how ever frequently you want with points but we will do an official tally at the end of each week!
Tyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 10:45 AM   #132
Tyl
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Tyl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: TX
Posts: 15,338
Gallery: Tyl
Stats: Working on it!
WOE: LC
Start Date: Sept 2008/Again Dec. 30, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstmitch View Post
I did great yesterday!! It is noteworthy that I was tempted to eat last night, and the major deterrent was being part of the challenge! It really helps when you're thinking of eating off plan, and the little voice that would be telling you it's ok this one time, has been replaced with "CUT THE CRAP!!"

Just out of curiosity, I had to stand on the scale and I was down a pound. WOOT!

Hope everyone else has a "crap-free" day!
Funny how a little accountability changes everything! I have a little bit of a competitive streak too, so i am loving putting my tallys on my big board I created. To eat some crap would really take something special since i like to add my tallies at the end of the day lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcchimento View Post
Day 2 check in:

Down 2.6 lbs. to 254. My goal for this first week of induction is to be out of the 250's.
I will try to do everything I need to do to be successful.
Great loss! Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyboss7 View Post
Good morning ladies!

Everyone is doing so great!!! I am happy to report that day 2 ended very successfully with the broiled chicken as planned, NO CRAP yesterday!! I'm not an evening snacker, so that usually is not a temptation for me....giving up the evening glass (or 2) of wine is my bigger challenge! My desire to CUT THE CRAP and lose this weight however has outweighed my desire for the wine!!

Day 3 is off to a fabulous start, got my 30 minute walk in first thing before starting work, and Breakfast was a hardboiled egg and coffee with 1 T of cream, and lunch will be steak & eggs. (Thank heavens I love eggs)

I hope everyone is having a fabulous CRAP FREE day!!
love that!
Tyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 11:09 AM   #133
Big Yapper!!!!
 
jeaniem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 7,657
Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/?/?
WOE: lc
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcchimento View Post
Day 2 check in:

Down 2.6 lbs. to 254. My goal for this first week of induction is to be out of the 250's.
I will try to do everything I need to do to be successful.
You can do it Cathy! When I feel weak I log in and read through the cut the crap challenge and remember where I want to be in 8 weeks, more fit and healthy!!
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 11:14 AM   #134
Big Yapper!!!!
 
jeaniem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 7,657
Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/?/?
WOE: lc
Gina
I am thinking I may need to adjust my caffeine intake as well I was thinking about how is seems that I can eat a great filling low carb dinner and then suddenly find myself hungry if I follow up with coffee post dinner. I noticed yesterday when I had the coffee at 4pm vs. after 6 that I did sleep more soundly. Tonight, I am going to either have the coffee before dinner or with my meal to see if that makes a difference hunger wise.
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 01:31 PM   #135
I'm his Princess
 
Dedicated's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 17,055
Gallery: Dedicated
Stats: Goal is a Healthy Weight!
WOE: Clean Eating!
Start Date: Everyday!
Name: Cle
What plan are you following? Weight Watchers
Why this challenge? What's your motivation? My Health and when I did this challenge the last time, I was successful!
What type of exercise do you do? Per health restrictions, Zumba right now
What part of the country are you in? Florida

Hey peeps!
Dedicated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 03:34 PM   #136
Big Yapper!!!!
 
jeaniem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 7,657
Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/?/?
WOE: lc
Day 3

Ate on plan

Exercise: 2 mile walk & Weights- upper body/abs/bridges


Points earned to date-5
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 05:12 PM   #137
Junior LCF Member
 
kjsurgtech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 49
Gallery: kjsurgtech
Stats: 224/214/185 5'9"
WOE: healthier way of eating
Start Date: Sept. 2011, Dec. 2013
My plan is my version of low carb and I can honestly say these past two days I have managed to eat on plan. I have 2 points so far, no fitness yet due to the long hours I have been working. But I have a couple of days off, so I will have no excuse.

Kiki
kjsurgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 05:14 PM   #138
Junior LCF Member
 
kjsurgtech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 49
Gallery: kjsurgtech
Stats: 224/214/185 5'9"
WOE: healthier way of eating
Start Date: Sept. 2011, Dec. 2013
Starting in the morning, I am going to work out before I eat breakfast. Like the old days- just get it out the way and check it off as done.
kjsurgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 06:16 PM   #139
Big Yapper!!!!
 
jeaniem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 7,657
Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/?/?
WOE: lc
Have a good workout tomorrow morning Kiki
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 06:34 PM   #140
Senior LCF Member
 
kjwalsh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 296
Gallery: kjwalsh
Stats: 205/150/140
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2013
So true about the accountability keeping me on plan. We visited MIL today and she had peanut M&M's in the candy jar and I was thinking the old way, "only one or two..." but then my cut the crap voice kicked in and said, "leads to more..." so now I am just so happy that I actually listened to the 2nd voice and not the first one!

kjwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 08:52 PM   #141
Tyl
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Tyl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: TX
Posts: 15,338
Gallery: Tyl
Stats: Working on it!
WOE: LC
Start Date: Sept 2008/Again Dec. 30, 2013
Quick drive by! Eating was flawless, rest day for exercise!
Tyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 08:56 PM   #142
Tyl
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Tyl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: TX
Posts: 15,338
Gallery: Tyl
Stats: Working on it!
WOE: LC
Start Date: Sept 2008/Again Dec. 30, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedicated View Post
Name: Cle
What plan are you following? Weight Watchers
Why this challenge? What's your motivation? My Health and when I did this challenge the last time, I was successful!
What type of exercise do you do? Per health restrictions, Zumba right now
What part of the country are you in? Florida

Hey peeps!
hey cle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaniem View Post
Day 3

Ate on plan

Exercise: 2 mile walk & Weights- upper body/abs/bridges


Points earned to date-5
great job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjsurgtech View Post
Starting in the morning, I am going to work out before I eat breakfast. Like the old days- just get it out the way and check it off as done.
Good plan. I am better in the mornings too!


Quote:
Originally Posted by kjwalsh View Post
So true about the accountability keeping me on plan. We visited MIL today and she had peanut M&M's in the candy jar and I was thinking the old way, "only one or two..." but then my cut the crap voice kicked in and said, "leads to more..." so now I am just so happy that I actually listened to the 2nd voice and not the first one!

Go you!!!!! Peanut m&ms were my faves...great restraint! What is it about those peanuts????
Tyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 04:29 AM   #143
Senior LCF Member
 
Sammi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Annapolis
Posts: 764
Gallery: Sammi
Stats: 261/225/140
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: July 2013
12/31 ate low carb ,no exercise day.

Points so far, 3 for eating clean
2 for exercising


Starting weight. 224.8

Happy New Year!

Total points- 5

Goal for January 2014- out of the 220' s
Sammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 05:52 AM   #144
Senior LCF Member
 
kjwalsh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 296
Gallery: kjwalsh
Stats: 205/150/140
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2013
You yourself, as much as anyone in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection ~ Buddha

(part of) my New Year's resolution: to love myself and my body
kjwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 06:55 AM   #145
Blabbermouth!!!
 
DesertGurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 7,439
Gallery: DesertGurl
Start Date: 8/22/14
Happy New Year, ladies!


Week 1: Starting Weight: 232.2
Food-3 pt.
Exercise-2 pt.

So I ended up doing some exercise yesterday afterall..... I love when things kinda just happen....puts me in a good mood! Good thing too, cause the scale is being mean and I'm trying not to beat it into submission
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 08:38 AM   #146
Junior LCF Member
 
kjsurgtech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 49
Gallery: kjsurgtech
Stats: 224/214/185 5'9"
WOE: healthier way of eating
Start Date: Sept. 2011, Dec. 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaniem View Post
Have a good workout tomorrow morning Kiki
Actually ended up walking last night. And yes I had a great workout this morning- Zumba. And had a great low carb breakfast.

Kiki
kjsurgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 08:38 AM   #147
GME
Big Yapper!!!!
 
GME's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: CA Coast
Posts: 9,586
Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/166/175 Trying again...223/211/146 5'7
WOE: Misc.
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
Happy New Year everyone!

Day 3 was a success. Stayed on plan and took a 3.8 mile walk.

I stayed up much later than I usually do last night. I have some dark chocolate most nights (actually part of my plan ) and last night I tried to tell myself I should have a second piece. After all it was late, and NYE, and of course I was hungry because I was up late, so I should have some more. I told myself, "Cut the crap. You don't need anymore chocolate." (Luckily DH was out of the room) It worked. I poured myself a diet ginger ale in a wine glass and waited for midnight.

So I can keep track:

Week 1
Day 1-3: 6 points
SW 223/CW 221.2
GME is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 08:41 AM   #148
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
SlowSure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: London/Herts UK
Posts: 3,581
Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/108/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
4th day check-in

Weight: 124.6lbs (looking to maintain 124-127lbs)

WOE: ate on plan for DD

Exercise: 2hr kayak (Should have been 6hr trip but the storm front came in so the group leaders took the decision to abandon it because the risk level was too high.)
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 09:22 AM   #149
GME
Big Yapper!!!!
 
GME's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: CA Coast
Posts: 9,586
Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/166/175 Trying again...223/211/146 5'7
WOE: Misc.
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
4th day check-in

Weight: 124.6lbs (looking to maintain 124-127lbs)

WOE: ate on plan for DD

Exercise: 2hr kayak (Should have been 6hr trip but the storm front came in so the group leaders took the decision to abandon it because the risk level was too high.)
I'm sorry about your trip.

I love kayaking. What kind of kayak do you have? Do you go in lakes, rivers, the ocean?
GME is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 09:37 AM   #150
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
SlowSure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: London/Herts UK
Posts: 3,581
Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/108/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by GME View Post
I'm sorry about your trip.

I love kayaking. What kind of kayak do you have? Do you go in lakes, rivers, the ocean?
It was entirely the right decision because the rain was so heavy and the wind chill factor was more than forecast but it felt very disappointing because this was to be our first time on the sea.

We're still at the point of hiring kayaks because, typical of SE England, we just don't have enough space to store boats and most of the paddle clubs don't offer boat storage (breathtakingly high land prices).

Today we were out in proper sea kayaks and they were such a different experience to our usual, flat-bottomed hire boats. We genuinely were cutting through waves and it's the first time that I've ever had the visceral, kinaesthetic understanding of the phrase, 'to be on an even keel' and it was my first time using a skeg as well.

We live within half a mile of a canal, so we typically go out on still water with excursions to local lakes and rivers (relatively calm). We're working up to go onto the River Thames because it has such a strong estuary.

We don't whitewater, do you? (We've only been kayaking for a year. I've always loved water but DH has always been apprehensive of it and we typically got to spend so little time together that I didn't want us to have completely separate past times. However, he decided to try it with me last year and we've been hooked ever since.)

Do you have a selection of boats?

Last edited by SlowSure; 01-01-2014 at 09:39 AM..
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:18 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.