Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2014, 03:11 PM   #721
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mrstmitch
Stats: 252/220/150
WOE: Rosedale
Start Date: November 1, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by vella_marie View Post
Cutting the crap and pushing through the laziness. I am tired and sore from my workout last night. I did my 50 min strength training and my 1 mile walk away the pounds. I wanted to take a break today, but I keep thinking about getting below 300 so I decided to toughen up and do my 4 mile walk away the pounds video. I am going hiking tomorrow, so I hope I do not regret that decision.
Yay!
Great job!
I think the hardest thing is getting into a routine... but after you get a couple of weeks down, it does get easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vella_marie View Post
I use to suffer from severe depression and anxiety, but for me I was better after I went of medications. It also made me tired and lazy, and that didn't help with weight loss. My dad does atkins and had a slew of medications that he takes, and his numbers went up before they went down. My husband tried atkins, and his numbers went up and stayed up, that's with his fitness.... so I conclude that all of us are different. I know a lot of people see drops in their numbers, but not all. I wish I knew more on the topic as these are just personal experiences. Either way I would keep on doing what you are doing, and see what your dr. says about lowering medications.
Thanks, LaVella!
It was always my understanding that most people's numbers improved... But, I know that I have to be patient and realistic. I didn't become unhealthy overnight, so it isn't reasonable to expect that I'll get healthy right away, either.
mrstmitch is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-2014, 03:26 PM   #722
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyboss7
Stats: 245 / 195 / 140
WOE: Hi Protein / Hi Fat / Low Carb
Start Date: R1 10/19/08 R2 12/26/10 R3 12/28/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstmitch View Post
I didn't become unhealthy overnight, so it isn't reasonable to expect that I'll get healthy right away, either.
It sure would be nice though wouldn't it??
ladyboss7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 06:29 PM   #723
Tyl
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Tyl
Stats: Working on it!
WOE: LC
Start Date: Sept 2008/Again Dec. 30, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyboss7 View Post
Ladies I am SO excited!!! I think I told you that I've been gaining and losing the same 2 pounds for about 3 weeks now and I was really sure that it was the antibiotics I was on?? Well I've been really consistent with my WOE and this morning when I weighed not only was I was down that same two pounds again....but another 2.2 more!!!!!! I finally got past that point with a nice little whoosh!!! So in all I've 17 pounds since our challenge started!!!

That's all for now....just had to share before I got knee deep in Monday!!

LaVella, LOVE the new avi!
Omg!!! That's awesome!
Tyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 10:17 PM   #724
Tyl

Oh no! They cancelled ravenswood
Old 02-19-2014, 10:50 PM   #725
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: vella_marie
Stats: 334.4/315/140
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: 1/3/2014
Hey everyone. I hope all of you are doing well. I finally got below 310 to exactly 309. 10 more pounds to go. I went hiking yesterday, I am not sure how many miles we did. It was shameful because this older gentleman, probably in his 70s took off up this steep hill, while me and my friend huffed and puffed, and took breaks LOL He soon was out of sight haha.

Today I did a 30 mins strength training and 4 miles from walk away the pounds. Now I am extra sore.

Well, having a bad day My friends keep trying to plan something for us to do before the spring semester, but they just do not understand or accept my way of life I guess. They wanted to go out for drinks, I said I would go but I cant drink. I am fine with that. But they swear that if I cant do something with them, that they cant do it period. It's like they are trying to make me guilty. Its very hard, but at the end of the day I just don't care. I get tired of hearing what I should be doing, or not being doing.... I hate that I keep hearing that I am unhealthy ect. All of my friends are healthy and thin, so they just don't understand that losing weight is not an easy quest. I have drawn away from most of them recently, but I feel like I don't have choice
vella_marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 09:20 AM   #726
Major LCF Poster!

Tyl, Sorry they cancelled your show...I've not seen that one!!

LaVella, I'm sorry to hear that about your friends, but you are making the best choices for YOU. I have found that sometimes (often times) other people simply can not handle it when we make changes in our life to try to improve things for ourselves. I don't know if they are jealous, feel threatened or what....but I have seen it happen time and again. I simply refuse to allow those attitudes to derail me!! I care about my husbands opinion and my children's thoughts....anyone else outside of them who is supportive and willing to be an encouragement is welcome to hang out and be a part of my world. Anyone who is not can take a hike!!! That's seriously my attitude these days, and you know what? It works for me!!

I hope everyone has a GREAT day today!!

Be the type of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap....she's up"!!

Made it to Onederland 7/1/14!!!
199 190 185 180 175 170 165 160 155 150 145
Old 02-20-2014, 09:08 PM   #727
Tyl

Guys we are so close to the end... Just 2 days left it's been great and I'm so proud of us!!!

Vella I love that you hike! I am totally inspired by that! When I used to run I would get lapped by old people and kids. But it always felt so good to finish! Good for you for finishing!!
Old 02-21-2014, 03:42 PM   #728
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyl View Post
Guys we are so close to the end... Just 2 days left it's been great and I'm so proud of us!!!
Yes, so what are we going to do after that??

We've talked about doing another challenge, (Cut the Crap #3??) but I guess some of us are looking to you to initiate it, Tyl, since you initiated this one.

If you don't want to initiate it, though, that's totally fine. We can discuss what direction we want to take, etc.

All I know, is I really have enjoyed getting to know all of you, and would like to keep in touch. Plus, I NEED some kind of accountabilty-- I've been full of crap for the last couple of days, and I need someone to beat me!

Cut the Crap (3) Challenge: week 2: 26 points total

This is me... not giving up!
Old 02-21-2014, 03:48 PM   #729
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

We've talked about doing another challenge, (Cut the Crap #3??) but I guess some of us are looking to you to initiate it, Tyl, since you initiated this one.

If you don't want to initiate it, though, that's totally fine. We can discuss what direction we want to take, etc.

All I know, is I really have enjoyed getting to know all of you, and would like to keep in touch. Plus, I NEED some kind of accountabilty-- I've been full of crap for the last couple of days, and I need someone to beat me!
Tracy, I'm in!!! I am totally up for a CTC 3!!!!!
Old 02-21-2014, 03:56 PM   #730
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

LaVella, I'm sorry to hear that about your friends, but you are making the best choices for YOU. I have found that sometimes (often times) other people simply can not handle it when we make changes in our life to try to improve things for ourselves. I don't know if they are jealous, feel threatened or what....but I have seen it happen time and again. I simply refuse to allow those attitudes to derail me!! I care about my husbands opinion and my children's thoughts....anyone else outside of them who is supportive and willing to be an encouragement is welcome to hang out and be a part of my world. Anyone who is not can take a hike!!! That's seriously my attitude these days, and you know what? It works for me!!

I hope everyone has a GREAT day today!!

I couldn't agree with you more, Tammy! That's been my experience as well. I truly don't think people sabotage us (for the most part) on a conscious level.... A lot of times, people aren't supportive with their friends or relatives making life changes, because if they acknowleged it, that would make them accountable to do it, too. I've caught myself doing that as well.... If I'm around someone that is losing weight and improving their health and I'm NOT, I feel secretly glad if they go off their diet and eat something fattening. (How bad am I???) Then, I feel good about being bad

I've been recognizing it when people feel that way about me. At work, they have all these great health programs going on (weight watchers, etc) But we really don't support each other much. I mean, we should be having healthy potlucks or something. Instead, people bring donuts and pizza to work to share. Geeze! We're all INSANE, I know!

Last edited by mrstmitch; 02-21-2014 at 03:58 PM..
Old 02-21-2014, 05:52 PM   #731
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Totally in for another challenge!

Have a great weekend gang!
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 05:58 PM   #732
Tyl

Quote:

cut that crap! :insertsmileybeatingtheCRAPoutofyou: don't go for crap in the end!

Quote:
Tracy, I'm in!!! I am totally up for a CTC 3!!!!!
Ok maybe we need another challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Totally in for another challenge!

Have a great weekend gang!
Heyyyyy ok. We can do it!

Anyone have any input on what u want challenge wise? Same set up? Point system? No points just check in? Different minimum standards?
Old 02-21-2014, 07:25 PM   #733
Major LCF Poster!

I like the points, but I think we should have 1 point for eating on plan, and 2 points for any exercise completed....with no minimum requirement for exercise.....that way we're really motivated to exercise, but not necessarily penalized if we don't get it in......and I say that selfishly because the next two weeks being the end of the month and the first of the new month are always SUPER busy at work and make any additional exercise really tough!

That's my two cents worth, but I'll roll with whatever we decide!

YAY we get to stay together and keep our momentum going!!! Besides Tyl, we all want to see those pics of you in your Beyonce dress!!!
Old 02-21-2014, 07:57 PM   #734
Tyl

I cant wait to wear it!
Old 02-23-2014, 10:18 AM   #735
Tyl

The final checkin

Chantyl 10/84
Old 02-23-2014, 10:27 AM   #736
Tyl

Ladies! What an incredible 8 weeks! This crap free zone has been amazing! As you tally your points, remember the each point was a conscious decision to take a value driven step toward your best self. Don't dwell on points you didn't get but look at how many times you made a healthy decision. I've watched you all lose weight, exercise, turn down what would have been momentarily yummy foods in order to maintain your crap free living and that has been inspiring. If you would have told me 8 weeks ago that I was going to meet a group of strong, smart, fun and committed women, I wouldn't have imagined all this progress! Congrats to you all! I will make the next challenge to start next week on Sunday. In the between time, Checkin as you can. I'm going to post before and after pics later!!!! Great job all!

Cut the Crap take 2: sw:276.4 cw: 259.6 Pts: 84!
For 8 weeks I made 84 positive choices!
CTC begins again on 3/2 join us!
Old 02-23-2014, 02:39 PM   #737
Major LCF Poster!

The final checkin

Chantyl 10/84
Tammy 10/81

YAY for another challenge....let's do it!!!!
Old 02-23-2014, 02:42 PM   #738
Major LCF Poster!

!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyl View Post
Ladies! What an incredible 8 weeks! This crap free zone has been amazing! As you tally your points, remember the each point was a conscious decision to take a value driven step toward your best self. Don't dwell on points you didn't get but look at how many times you made a healthy decision. I've watched you all lose weight, exercise, turn down what would have been momentarily yummy foods in order to maintain your crap free living and that has been inspiring. If you would have told me 8 weeks ago that I was going to meet a group of strong, smart, fun and committed women, I wouldn't have imagined all this progress! Congrats to you all! I will make the next challenge to start next week on Sunday. In the between time, Checkin as you can. I'm going to post before and after pics later!!!! Great job all!
Tyl, you rock! Just sayin'!!! Hey I was thinking as far as the points go....for the next challenge......how about we add a point for every pound lost??? That could be motivating!
Old 02-23-2014, 02:53 PM   #739
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/105/105-110
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance.
Start Date: 2011
Week 8 Points Tally

Chantyl 10/84
Tammy 10/81
SlowSure 12/85 (14/87 if we include today/Sunday's food and exercise - I've omitted them to be consistent with previous 7 day weeks)

Another CTC challenge would help me to stay on track and prioritise what is important to my continued maintenance.

Last edited by SlowSure; 02-23-2014 at 03:01 PM..
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 04:51 PM   #740
Tyl

Quote:
Tyl, you rock! Just sayin'!!! Hey I was thinking as far as the points go....for the next challenge......how about we add a point for every pound lost??? That could be motivating!
Ok I will add that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
Week 8 Points Tally

Chantyl 10/84
Tammy 10/81
SlowSure 12/85 (14/87 if we include today/Sunday's food and exercise - I've omitted them to be consistent with previous 7 day weeks)

Another CTC challenge would help me to stay on track and prioritise what is important to my continued maintenance.
It's nice having a maintainer among us! It's also inspiring!
Old 02-23-2014, 10:59 PM   #741
Senior LCF Member

8 Week Points

Chantyl 10/84
Tammy 10/81
Tracy 10/81

Sorry I haven't checked in until now. Crazy weekend. I agree with adding some other points/ incentives. This has been motivating, but I think I got to comfortable with a "routine", and have to shake it up a bit!

I look forward to the next challenge with you all! (and hopefully some new ones, too)
Old 02-24-2014, 06:14 AM   #742
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kjsurgtech
Stats: 224/214/185 5'9"
WOE: healthier way of eating
Start Date: Sept. 2011, Dec. 2013
Chantyl 10/84
Tammy 10/81
Tracy 10/81
Kiki 8/63
kjsurgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 09:34 AM   #743
Junior LCF Member

Trying to get this ticker thing figured out, never mind me if I have some crazy looking posts up in a few minutes.

Thanks,
Kiki
Old 02-24-2014, 09:50 AM   #744
Junior LCF Member

I got the ticker figured out....

Yea!!!
Old 02-24-2014, 09:40 PM   #745
Tyl

Woohoo Kiki! I want one!
Old 02-24-2014, 10:23 PM   #746
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: vella_marie
Stats: 334.4/315/140
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: 1/3/2014
Sorry that I am soooooo late! I have been so unbelievably busy. Dropped down to 305.4 lbs. So that is total of 21 pounds during the challenge.

13/69
vella_marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 08:34 AM   #747
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Chantyl 10/84
Tammy 10/81
Tracy 10/81
Kiki 8/63
Danielle 7/68

I coulda sworn that I did this yesterday Sorry, ladies!!!

Well, didn't do as great as I had planned... you name it and it happened to me Ended the challenge with only a 4.6 lb loss due to crazy sickness and injuries Ah well, better luck next time!
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 08:48 AM   #748
Major LCF Poster!

Kiki, Love the ticker.....I might have to add one too!!

LaVella, WAY TO GO!!!! Girl you rocked this challenge!!!!

Danielle, at least you're still here and in spite of everything you had a loss....that's AWESOME!!!

Here's hoping everyone has a GREAT Tuesday, and let's all get ready for the next round of CTC!!!!!
Old 02-25-2014, 03:04 PM   #749
Senior LCF Member

Tammy 10/81
Tracy 10/81
Kiki 8/63
Danielle 7/68
LaVella: 13/69

Looks like our fearless leader, Chantyl won the challenge, unless someone else speaks up!!

LOVE THE PIC, TAMMY! You look awesome!
Old 02-25-2014, 07:55 PM   #750
Tyl

Looks like slow sure did!!!!

I have been trying to figure out how to post my before and afters from my iPad. So far not much luck. Stats

Prechallenge start 280.4-start 1 week prior to challenge
Ctc start weight-276.4
End weight-259.6
Woo hoo-20.8/16.8

Pretty good for an 8 week challenge
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (36.8 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by Tyl; 02-25-2014 at 07:57 PM..