Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2014, 03:29 PM   #691
Tyl
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Tyl
Stats: Working on it!
WOE: LC
Start Date: Sept 2008/Again Dec. 30, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyboss7 View Post
Hello loves!

It has been a CRAZY week.....just CRAZY!!!

So, I manage a very nice Apartment Community right on the coast in So. Cal....and I love it....I do....but weeks like this are NOT FAIR!

I've had the City Housing Authority out here inspecting units, which is fine the inspector is very nice and everything is going well, except for 2 different apartments that the residents are in the midst of eviction and BOTH their apartments are so disgusting that the City Inspector wrote them up for health and safety / sanitation violations....THEN....in the midst of all of that I have a water main burst.....inexplicably....and I have flooding issues in half the property!!! I have 3 apartments getting flooded, the plumbing company working as diligently as possible to get the situation contained and resolved....and of course this meant an emergency water shut off!!

To top it all off, my WONDERFUL assistant, whom I do adore was kind enough to bring donuts!!!!! Do you know HOW BADLY I want a donut and some coffee right now? (well either that or bourbon! ) But I REFUSE to give in to the stress and cheat.

We've survived it all.....but half of my community (10 buildings) were completely without water for 24 hours.

Outside of that it's all good here! My eating has been on track. I successfully avoided all donuts and other CRAP.....I did have a glass and a half of wine the other night, but I was careful, so it did NOT throw me out of ketosis...and yes, I am counting all of that walking and stair climbing as LOTS of exercise....my butt and calves are STILL sore!

So how's everyone else doing?

Tyl, did you avoid the junk food?

Dani, you'll drop that pound in no time, don't let the scale get ya down!!

Tracy, how's it going?
that's a doozy of a day! good for you for keeping it crap free! I'm so proud of you!!!!!

No junk for me... if there had been donuts around...it would have been much harder for me!
Tyl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2014, 03:32 PM   #692
Tyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Tracy~ Hey girly! How's things?

Tammy~ Girl, you deserve a big fat drink Seriously, I may have dove head first into that box of donuts...that is ALOT to deal with! I often wondered about people's lack of housekeeping...boggles the mind. I asked one of the maintenance guys about it here when he was working on my dishwasher and he says there have been some that have been crazy..and all the guys so happy when "those" kinds of people move out. I can't even imagine! I'm the kind of person who cleans before the maid would come, kinda person I wouldn't be happy letting anyone see a messy house. Just think how toned and tight your buns and thighs will be from all that stair climbing!!

Very apparent that I am not back to running at full capacity, yet...went out shopping for a couple hours and I am beat. Worn out! I can't wait to stop feeling so worn out. I had some prep cooking I'd wanted to get done today, but I don't think it's gonna happen. So far behind on everything from being sick is not fun! There's always tomorrow, eh?
being sick sucks!!! I hope u are back to normal soon love! But hey you're getting there!

I booked my trip to vegas today! I'm stoked! I'm hoping I can get into my beyonce dress by then. 3 months from now. Not impossible but it will be work! That would be the ultimate success..beyonce dress in vegas! I can hardly contain myself with that thought alone. Motivation to keep it crap free!
Old 02-13-2014, 09:07 PM   #693
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: vella_marie
Stats: 334.4/315/140
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: 1/3/2014
Bad news... I gained 1.4 pounds. Not sure how since I do not cheat, I did not introduce new food. I started exercising more. My friends said perhaps I gained muscle, but muscle doesn't build in a week. I am still going to keep doing what I am doing, but dang it just sucks so bad.

Good news is finals are over! I have a week break until Spring semester. I plan on trying to be outside as much as possible. I really need to revitalize myself during this break since Spring semester is going to be a killer. I also need to get organized with meal preparation and exercise. What always happens is, I lose weight during our winter and summer sessions that are shorter, but then I gain weight during the fall and spring because I am so busy. I really do not want to be thrown off again. I also plan on being as active as possible My friend and I are planning on a couple hikes. We are going on one tomorrow close to my house and at least 2 others next week so far
vella_marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 05:51 AM   #694
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/218.8/214 MG# 1
WOE: Food logging, LC/MC, exercise
Vella, your muscles retain water -- especially after an increase in physical activity. Hang in there; you should see a loss if you stick with it!
Jayce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 07:33 AM   #695
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyboss7
Stats: 245 / 195 / 140
WOE: Hi Protein / Hi Fat / Low Carb
Start Date: R1 10/19/08 R2 12/26/10 R3 12/28/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyl View Post
I booked my trip to vegas today! I'm stoked! I'm hoping I can get into my beyonce dress by then. 3 months from now. Not impossible but it will be work! That would be the ultimate success..beyonce dress in vegas! I can hardly contain myself with that thought alone. Motivation to keep it crap free!
You go Tyl, you will look awesome in that dress!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vella_marie View Post
Bad news... I gained 1.4 pounds. Not sure how since I do not cheat, I did not introduce new food. I started exercising more. My friends said perhaps I gained muscle, but muscle doesn't build in a week. I am still going to keep doing what I am doing, but dang it just sucks so bad.
LaVella, JG is right....your muscle are retaining water.....it will release it and you're doing great.....don't get discouraged!!!

Happy Valentines day Peeps!! Today is our 27th wedding anniversary, so we're going to lunch....nice LC lunch! I hope everyone has a great day!
ladyboss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 09:22 PM   #696
Tyl

anniversary !!!!!!!!
Old 02-14-2014, 09:25 PM   #697
Tyl

Hope you ladies had a great vday!!!! I got some walks in during my breaks at work today! Ate well...didn't have much of an appetite but did drink more water today. I'm nervous for our final week. Omg!
Old 02-15-2014, 01:43 AM   #698
Senior LCF Member

Hey everyone.

I had a good hike today. My friend and I went and did a 3 mile hike. It was my first hike back from the summer so I was nervous it wasn't that bad though. The hills were not that steep until the end but it still wasn't that bad. Then we went to the farmers market. I have a love/ hate relationship with my market now. I love it but, but its so darn tempting. I go and buy stuff for my husband. Breads, honey, jams, fruit and pick up fish tacos. The fish tacos are soooo good! Fresh, not greasy and huge. The only thing I can get now is flowers for myself lol.

I made chicken fajitas and keylime pie for my friend and husband, and just had meat and cheese for my meal.

I FELL ASLEEP haha I was writing this post and knocked out on the couch for 2 hours. I woke up so tired and was going to go to bed but first I had to clean up the kitchen. I cant sleep with a messy kitchen. I feel like a zombie, but then I was like I said I was doing a work out video so I need to do it. It was 11:37 pm but I did it! Now I am happy I pushed myself. NOW its time for bed!
Old 02-15-2014, 04:29 AM   #699
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/106/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
LadyBoss - well done for coming through all of that with such grace.

Kayaking was cancelled x3 this week because of the flooding and adverse weather. It's one thing to cope with the constant clean-up, it's another to have to miss out on kayaking.

Managing to CTC. As someone wisely said upthread, this weather will give over at some point although it's now officially been a mess for 10 weeks.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 07:32 AM   #700
Tyl

Quote:
Hey everyone.

I had a good hike today. My friend and I went and did a 3 mile hike. It was my first hike back from the summer so I was nervous it wasn't that bad though. The hills were not that steep until the end but it still wasn't that bad. Then we went to the farmers market. I have a love/ hate relationship with my market now. I love it but, but its so darn tempting. I go and buy stuff for my husband. Breads, honey, jams, fruit and pick up fish tacos. The fish tacos are soooo good! Fresh, not greasy and huge. The only thing I can get now is flowers for myself lol.

I made chicken fajitas and keylime pie for my friend and husband, and just had meat and cheese for my meal.

I FELL ASLEEP haha I was writing this post and knocked out on the couch for 2 hours. I woke up so tired and was going to go to bed but first I had to clean up the kitchen. I cant sleep with a messy kitchen. I feel like a zombie, but then I was like I said I was doing a work out video so I need to do it. It was 11:37 pm but I did it! Now I am happy I pushed myself. NOW its time for bed!
You have come crazy restraint! I love that you buy flowers! WhAt an awesome nonfood treat! Great job w the hike! Amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
LadyBoss - well done for coming through all of that with such grace.

Kayaking was cancelled x3 this week because of the flooding and adverse weather. It's one thing to cope with the constant clean-up, it's another to have to miss out on kayaking.

Managing to CTC. As someone wisely said upthread, this weather will give over at some point although it's now officially been a mess for 10 weeks.
Gosh the weather doesn't want you kayaking..u will prevail friend! Love how passionate you Re about kayaking!!!!
Old 02-15-2014, 08:40 PM   #701
Tyl

Week 7 Check in

Chantyl 10/74
Old 02-15-2014, 08:41 PM   #702
Tyl

260.1 this am. So close to being out of this decade. Just one week left ladies!!!!

Push!!!!!!!
Old 02-16-2014, 12:53 AM   #703
Senior LCF Member

Chantyl 10/74
Lavella 12/57

Did a 4 miles walk away the pounds video. I love these videos so much! Afterwards I was really dizzy, then I was like crap I forgot to eat dinner, and I didn't eat much during the day. OOPS. I do not like to eat after 8, but tonight I had too. I just had a snack instead of a full meal

I had a nice lazy Saturday. Just read and listened to the t.v. I am so off on my days. My husband has friday and Monday off so that messes up the schedule in my head. Tomorrow I am going to have my friend do my hair. Going to go lighter Haven't had light brown hair since I was 18.

Quote:
260.1 this am. So close to being out of this decade. Just one week left ladies!!!!

Push!!!!!!!
PUSH PUSH PUSH so close!!!!!!!!
Old 02-16-2014, 06:45 AM   #704
Major LCF Poster!

Chantyl 10/74
Lavella 12/57
Jayce 11/52

Hope y'all are having a great weekend!
Old 02-16-2014, 07:10 AM   #705
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/106/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Week 7

Chantyl 10/74
Lavella 12/57
Jayce 11/52
SlowSure 11/73

Rebounding is no substitute for kayaking but it will have to do for now. Ate on plan x7 days and used my little rebounder x4.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 08:15 AM   #706
Tyl

Quote:
Chantyl 10/74
Lavella 12/57

Did a 4 miles walk away the pounds video. I love these videos so much! Afterwards I was really dizzy, then I was like crap I forgot to eat dinner, and I didn't eat much during the day. OOPS. I do not like to eat after 8, but tonight I had too. I just had a snack instead of a full meal

I had a nice lazy Saturday. Just read and listened to the t.v. I am so off on my days. My husband has friday and Monday off so that messes up the schedule in my head. Tomorrow I am going to have my friend do my hair. Going to go lighter Haven't had light brown hair since I was 18.

PUSH PUSH PUSH so close!!!!!!!!
Pushing! How long is the 4 mile video???
Old 02-16-2014, 10:58 AM   #707
Major LCF Poster!

Week 7 check in

Week 7

Chantyl 10/74
Lavella 12/57
Jayce 11/52
SlowSure 11/73
Tammy 10/71

1 more week to go ladies!!!! We can do this!!
Old 02-16-2014, 07:23 PM   #708
Senior LCF Member

Tyl the 4 mile video is 53 minutes I believe.

I am going to do the 3 mile video today along with my 60 minute strength video.
Down to 311.4.... so close! I want to get out of the 310s
Old 02-16-2014, 07:33 PM   #709
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
Vella, your muscles retain water -- especially after an increase in physical activity. Hang in there; you should see a loss if you stick with it!
You were right. Lost 3 pounds
Old 02-16-2014, 08:44 PM   #710
Tyl

Love your new avi!!!! Cute!
Old 02-16-2014, 08:45 PM   #711
Tyl

Quote:
You were right. Lost 3 pounds

Woohoooo
Old 02-17-2014, 02:48 AM   #712
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Love your new avi!!!! Cute!
Thank you I had my friend come over and dye my hair today. I was worried since I have gone light in many years, but it came out nice. I will lighten it again in a month or two
Old 02-17-2014, 06:28 AM   #713
Major LCF Poster!

Vella, I like the new avi also. WTG on losing those 3 lbs!

Here's to our last week, ladies!
Old 02-17-2014, 07:47 AM   #714
Major LCF Poster!

WOO HOO!!

Ladies I am SO excited!!! I think I told you that I've been gaining and losing the same 2 pounds for about 3 weeks now and I was really sure that it was the antibiotics I was on?? Well I've been really consistent with my WOE and this morning when I weighed not only was I was down that same two pounds again....but another 2.2 more!!!!!! I finally got past that point with a nice little whoosh!!! So in all I've 17 pounds since our challenge started!!!

That's all for now....just had to share before I got knee deep in Monday!!

LaVella, LOVE the new avi!

Be the type of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap....she's up"!!

Made it to Onederland 7/1/14!!!
199 190 185 180 175 170 165 160 155 150 145
Old 02-17-2014, 07:50 AM   #715
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Start Date: 8/22/14
Week 7

Chantyl 10/74
Lavella 12/57
Jayce 11/52
SlowSure 11/73
Tammy 10/71
Danielle 6/61

Horrible end to what was a very promising week I saw my lowest low for about 2 seconds and then it all went to heck... MEH!
Although I didn't get any exercise in (still sick) I had a great clean food week.....until yesterday. Movie popcorn & M&M's may or may not have been involved in the unraveling of my day

Can't seem to get rid of this cold thing I've got going on...right now it seems to be trapped in my sinuses and my head just kills me.
Yesterday was the very first day in 5 months that I went off plan. I dunno what got into me, I just did it. While it wasn't too terrible, it definitely was enough to create chaos on the scale...as if that wasn't ALREADY happening without me helping it some more Ah well.....onward and upward, as they say.

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 08:24 AM   #716
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kjsurgtech
Stats: 224/214/185 5'9"
WOE: healthier way of eating
Start Date: Sept. 2011, Dec. 2013
Chantyl 10/74
Lavella 12/57
Jayce 11/52
SlowSure 11/73
Tammy 10/71
Kiki 7/55

Kiki
kjsurgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 03:10 PM   #717
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mrstmitch
Stats: 252/220/150
WOE: Rosedale
Start Date: November 1, 2013
Quote:
Tracy~ Hey girly! How's things?

Very apparent that I am not back to running at full capacity, yet...went out shopping for a couple hours and I am beat. Worn out! I can't wait to stop feeling so worn out. I had some prep cooking I'd wanted to get done today, but I don't think it's gonna happen. So far behind on everything from being sick is not fun! There's always tomorrow, eh?
Hey, Dani!
doing well-- thanks for asking. I've been out of town and have family visiting, so it's been hard to check in lately.

You need to get well before you try to do any activities--the LAST thing you want, is to relapse! Hope you get better soon!

Chantyl 10/74
Lavella 12/57
Jayce 11/52
SlowSure 11/73
Tammy 10/71
Danielle 6/61
Kiki 7/55
Tracy 7/71
mrstmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 03:30 PM   #718
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mrstmitch
Stats: 252/220/150
WOE: Rosedale
Start Date: November 1, 2013
LAB TEST

Last week, I went to the doctor because Iíve been low-carbing for almost 4 months and wanted to see how my cholesterol and blood glucose levels came outóI anticipated that they would be improved since Iíve been doing really well with my LC planÖ BUT EVERYTHING was HIGHER! I canít even tell you how miffed I was about that! I mean, they werenít dramatically high, but my blood glucose 2 years ago was 2 points above the highest ďidealĒ numberóand this time, it went up another 8 points!!!

I started to do some research, and found that the anti-depressants Iím taking can increase your blood sugar and cholesterol/triglyceride levels. AARRRRGH!

My doctor told me not to worry about it, but I am going to try to decrease the dosage of my meds gradually and see how I do. I estimate that my diet and exercise routine is helping the depression, and I really donít need to take a higher dosage in the first place. ( I do have an appointment to see the doctor that is monitoring my depression to see what she thinks.)

Anyway, itís really thrown me for a loop. Iím sincerely trying to be strict on my diet because I want to avoid getting diabetes, and really improve my health. Iím getting older and itís really not all about losing weight to look good any more. I can get some serious health problems if I donít straighten up my act!

Anywho. sorry for the rant! Anybody else experience this/or hear of this?

Cut the Crap (3) Challenge: week 2: 26 points total

This is me... not giving up!
mrstmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 09:49 PM   #719
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyboss7 View Post
Ladies I am SO excited!!! I think I told you that I've been gaining and losing the same 2 pounds for about 3 weeks now and I was really sure that it was the antibiotics I was on?? Well I've been really consistent with my WOE and this morning when I weighed not only was I was down that same two pounds again....but another 2.2 more!!!!!! I finally got past that point with a nice little whoosh!!! So in all I've 17 pounds since our challenge started!!!

That's all for now....just had to share before I got knee deep in Monday!!

LaVella, LOVE the new avi!

Thanks and woo hoo on losing 17 pounds
Quote:
Week 7

Chantyl 10/74
Lavella 12/57
Jayce 11/52
SlowSure 11/73
Tammy 10/71
Danielle 6/61

Horrible end to what was a very promising week I saw my lowest low for about 2 seconds and then it all went to heck... MEH!
Although I didn't get any exercise in (still sick) I had a great clean food week.....until yesterday. Movie popcorn & M&M's may or may not have been involved in the unraveling of my day

Can't seem to get rid of this cold thing I've got going on...right now it seems to be trapped in my sinuses and my head just kills me.
Yesterday was the very first day in 5 months that I went off plan. I dunno what got into me, I just did it. While it wasn't too terrible, it definitely was enough to create chaos on the scale...as if that wasn't ALREADY happening without me helping it some more Ah well.....onward and upward, as they say.

I hope you start to feel better

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstmitch View Post
Last week, I went to the doctor because Iíve been low-carbing for almost 4 months and wanted to see how my cholesterol and blood glucose levels came outóI anticipated that they would be improved since Iíve been doing really well with my LC planÖ BUT EVERYTHING was HIGHER! I canít even tell you how miffed I was about that! I mean, they werenít dramatically high, but my blood glucose 2 years ago was 2 points above the highest ďidealĒ numberóand this time, it went up another 8 points!!!

I started to do some research, and found that the anti-depressants Iím taking can increase your blood sugar and cholesterol/triglyceride levels. AARRRRGH!

My doctor told me not to worry about it, but I am going to try to decrease the dosage of my meds gradually and see how I do. I estimate that my diet and exercise routine is helping the depression, and I really donít need to take a higher dosage in the first place. ( I do have an appointment to see the doctor that is monitoring my depression to see what she thinks.)

Anyway, itís really thrown me for a loop. Iím sincerely trying to be strict on my diet because I want to avoid getting diabetes, and really improve my health. Iím getting older and itís really not all about losing weight to look good any more. I can get some serious health problems if I donít straighten up my act!

Anywho. sorry for the rant! Anybody else experience this/or hear of this?
I use to suffer from severe depression and anxiety, but for me I was better after I went of medications. It also made me tired and lazy, and that didn't help with weight loss. My dad does atkins and had a slew of medications that he takes, and his numbers went up before they went down. My husband tried atkins, and his numbers went up and stayed up, that's with his fitness.... so I conclude that all of us are different. I know a lot of people see drops in their numbers, but not all. I wish I knew more on the topic as these are just personal experiences. Either way I would keep on doing what you are doing, and see what your dr. says about lowering medications.
Old 02-17-2014, 09:51 PM   #720
Senior LCF Member

Cutting the crap and pushing through the laziness. I am tired and sore from my workout last night. I did my 50 min strength training and my 1 mile walk away the pounds. I wanted to take a break today, but I keep thinking about getting below 300 so I decided to toughen up and do my 4 mile walk away the pounds video. I am going hiking tomorrow, so I hope I do not regret that decision.