Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2014, 04:50 AM   #661
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
SlowSure, I'm sorry to hear about the flooding issues y'all have been experiencing over there. I hope you get some relief within the upcoming weeks!
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2014, 06:25 AM   #662
I'm his Princess

Gallery: Dedicated
Stats: Goal is a Healthy Weight!
WOE: Clean Eating!
Start Date: Everyday!
Good Morning peeps!
Dedicated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 03:54 PM   #663
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: vella_marie
Stats: 334.4/315/140
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: 1/3/2014
Hey ladies,

Kinda bummed today. Its my 6 year anniversary today and I have decided to cancel our reservation. I cant trust food in restaurants because it might have hidden carbs. And for the options like salad and such I am thinking do I really want to spend $12-18 on a salad? I am doing so well that I don't want to jeopardize my weight loss or use my anniversary as an excuse.

I decided to cook my DH's favorite food. I am making carne asada and black beans, guacamole and green chili. I plan either doing burritos or tacos. I will just have the meat of course I wanted to see a movie or something but everything that is out does not look appealing. So We will probably just go get movies and have a low key anniversary.

Lost another 2 pounds, so now I am at 313.4. I would love to get out of the 300's before spring semester starts on the 26th.
vella_marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 04:15 PM   #664
Senior LCF Member

oh man Netflix will be the death of me! I am definitely more of a reader, but I am obsessed with all these shows! My favs are walking dead, breaking bad, the originals, vampire diaries, game of throwns, masters of sex, pretty little liars, sons of anarchy, how I met your mother, a lot of TLC shows especially the little couple, extreme couponing, my strange addiction and sister wives, crime shows and mysteries, my little pony ( yeah I know don't judge me its actually a good show!) anything on animal planet, teen mom series (sighs... don't know what wrong with me haha), new girl, pitboss, my cat from hell, GLEE ( love it sooo much), American horror story, portlandia, fringe, storage wars, property war, hoarders,....

Omg I am official ashamed! Whats weird is, I don't really watch a lot of tv since I don't have time with school and such, but when I do.... man I catch up! I am actually behind on soooo many shows right now. What always gets me are biographies and documentaries on Netflix. I can literally waste my life away in the documentary section on Netflix.
Old 02-07-2014, 07:18 PM   #665
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyboss7
Stats: 245 / 195 / 140
WOE: Hi Protein / Hi Fat / Low Carb
Start Date: R1 10/19/08 R2 12/26/10 R3 12/28/13
Hello ladies!

LaVella, Happy Anniversary!! I completely appreciate the decision youmade to stay home and I'm sure your hubby will love your dinner! GREAT JOB on the weight loss!

Well the last couple of days here have been busy....managers meeting again yesterday and they brought lunch in. THANK HEAVENS they brought in a Fajita bar, so I was able to load up on some fajita chicken and a little steak with plenty of sour cream, cheese and guacamole, skipped the tortillas...perfect for on plan!!! They also had an appetizer bar with sliders, egg rolls, breaded chicken strips, etc......I completely skipped that! It's funny too, because about 30 minutes after lunch EVERYONE at the meeting was complaining about being tired, could barely focus, could barely keep their eyes open....not me!! I was little miss alert, bright eyes, ready to go! it was awesome....and a great reminder WHY i'm making these changes!!!

TGIF....I plan to relax this weekend and enjoy some time off, I have the LA City Housing Authority showing up on Monday to do their inspection of the community.....over the course of Monday and Tuesday we will physically inspect 160 apartments.....to put that into perspective, that's 20 two story buildings....there are 4 staircases per building, so 80 staircases in 2 days......I'd better lose a little extra weight doing this, let me tell ya!!

How's everyone else doing?

Be the type of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap....she's up"!!

Made it to Onederland 7/1/14!!!
199 190 185 180 175 170 165 160 155 150 145
ladyboss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 08:16 PM   #666
Tyl
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Tyl
Stats: Working on it!
WOE: LC
Start Date: Sept 2008/Again Dec. 30, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by vella_marie View Post
oh man Netflix will be the death of me! I am definitely more of a reader, but I am obsessed with all these shows! My favs are walking dead, breaking bad, the originals, vampire diaries, game of throwns, masters of sex, pretty little liars, sons of anarchy, how I met your mother, a lot of TLC shows especially the little couple, extreme couponing, my strange addiction and sister wives, crime shows and mysteries, my little pony ( yeah I know don't judge me its actually a good show!) anything on animal planet, teen mom series (sighs... don't know what wrong with me haha), new girl, pitboss, my cat from hell, GLEE ( love it sooo much), American horror story, portlandia, fringe, storage wars, property war, hoarders,....

Omg I am official ashamed! Whats weird is, I don't really watch a lot of tv since I don't have time with school and such, but when I do.... man I catch up! I am actually behind on soooo many shows right now. What always gets me are biographies and documentaries on Netflix. I can literally waste my life away in the documentary section on Netflix.
I love a LOT of these shows! New show--Helix! On syfy! I love it! Don't be ashamed. You are among friends!!! Congrats on your loss btw
Quote:
Originally Posted by GME View Post
Tracy, i have been hungrier lately too. I hadn't thought about it being tied to working out though. Duh. I just kept telling myself I shouldn't be hungry, but that only works for so long (for me anyway).

Chantyl, is your stand-up desk at work or at home? I thought you got to start working from home soon.

I got a short run in last night around the track at school before I left. I forgot a hair tie though. You would think in a school office I could find a rubber band wouldn't you? Nope, so I ran with my hair free. I tried to imagine myself looking like a shampoo commercial, but I think my hair was really just stuck to my head with sweat and some parts waving out randomly.

I'm going to take my stuff to run again today. It is raining right now but who knows what will happen in the afternoon.

Have a great day everyone.
I am standing up at home! I am going to do an ergonomics class to get a stand to put on top of my desk for my in office days. This will allow me to stand without having to get a whole new desk in my cube, since i'm only there a couple times a month. Wanted to try it out before committing for the training.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
Oooh, 1 min. chocolate cake?!? LOL. Sounds interesting...

Good morning, ladies. Got in a workout this morning -- already sore in my abs & legs, smh.

Have a great on-plan day!
Work it out pal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyboss7 View Post
Hello ladies!

LaVella, Happy Anniversary!! I completely appreciate the decision youmade to stay home and I'm sure your hubby will love your dinner! GREAT JOB on the weight loss!

Well the last couple of days here have been busy....managers meeting again yesterday and they brought lunch in. THANK HEAVENS they brought in a Fajita bar, so I was able to load up on some fajita chicken and a little steak with plenty of sour cream, cheese and guacamole, skipped the tortillas...perfect for on plan!!! They also had an appetizer bar with sliders, egg rolls, breaded chicken strips, etc......I completely skipped that! It's funny too, because about 30 minutes after lunch EVERYONE at the meeting was complaining about being tired, could barely focus, could barely keep their eyes open....not me!! I was little miss alert, bright eyes, ready to go! it was awesome....and a great reminder WHY i'm making these changes!!!

TGIF....I plan to relax this weekend and enjoy some time off, I have the LA City Housing Authority showing up on Monday to do their inspection of the community.....over the course of Monday and Tuesday we will physically inspect 160 apartments.....to put that into perspective, that's 20 two story buildings....there are 4 staircases per building, so 80 staircases in 2 days......I'd better lose a little extra weight doing this, let me tell ya!!

How's everyone else doing?
I love Mexican-- I really love texmex! mmm... I hope your weekend is everything you need it to be!

Cut the Crap take 2: sw:276.4 cw: 259.6 Pts: 84!
For 8 weeks I made 84 positive choices!
CTC begins again on 3/2 join us!
Tyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 08:19 PM   #667
Tyl

As for me....pretty good week! Eating smaller portions is becoming more normal for me. Not overeating is a big step for me. I am still reading my book...about half way through... I could be done reading it but I am doing all of the exercises. Order a couple of others for when i'm done. I am totally interested in seeing where it all leads.

I hope everyone is ready for our final couple of weeks! What an awesome job we've all done! Can't wait to tally up our results in the end! Happy Weekend loves!
Old 02-08-2014, 11:25 PM   #668
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mrstmitch
Stats: 252/220/150
WOE: Rosedale
Start Date: November 1, 2013
Snow and Ice - Ice and Snow

Don't know why I haven't checked in much. I've been shut in for the past couple of days because of the weather. I've gotten caught up on sleep, though! Woot!

On a not-so-good note, I've been munching too much. Still trying to get the workout in, though.... and yesterday I even attempted to build a snowman! Turns out, that's way more hard work than I remember.

Hope everyone is having a crap-free weekend! I REALLY need to cut some MAJOR CRAP, here!
mrstmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 01:02 PM   #669
Major LCF Poster!

Week 6 Results

Where is everyone? Roll call:

CTC week 6 results:

Tammy 9/61
Old 02-09-2014, 05:36 PM   #670
Senior LCF Member

Tammy 9/61
LaVella: 12/45

Been a busy weekend. I have finals this Thursday. I did decide to start working out everyday if I can. I really need to cut the crap and stop the excuses. Anniversary dinner went well but my husband postponed everything else. Not a happy camper but with working full time and his masters program he is so busy. He said we can do whatever I wanted this Friday, but to me its not the same. Plus that means valentines day. Grrrrr lol
Old 02-09-2014, 06:32 PM   #671
Tyl

Tammy 9/61
Chantyl:10/64

Sorry guys! I've been super busy...final stretch of my two yrs of clinical supervision! Been working on my final presentation and got lost in it this weekend. Missed you guys!
Old 02-09-2014, 11:24 PM   #672
Senior LCF Member

Point update

Tammy 9/61
Tracy: 10/64

I don't have a good excuse, I've just been watching the Olympics Guess it would be better if I got off the couch and did some exercise myself, huh?? I've been home for the last 4 days because of the road conditions, but I finally got the rebounder out and jumped for 15 minutes. It's so hard to get motivated when my routine is completely messed up! I know, I know I need to CUT THE CRAP and JUST DO IT!
Old 02-10-2014, 06:09 AM   #673
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kjsurgtech
Stats: 224/214/185 5'9"
WOE: healthier way of eating
Start Date: Sept. 2011, Dec. 2013
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tammy 9/61
Kiki: 8/48
kjsurgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 07:12 AM   #674
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/108/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Week 6 Results

Tammy 9/61
SlowSure: 11/62

The rain is non-stop. More flood alerts for tonight and the wind is difficult. I shall be so relieved when this season is over.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 08:20 AM   #675
Tyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstmitch View Post
Tammy 9/61

I don't have a good excuse, I've just been watching the Olympics Guess it would be better if I got off the couch and did some exercise myself, huh?? I've been home for the last 4 days because of the road conditions, but I finally got the rebounder out and jumped for 15 minutes. It's so hard to get motivated when my routine is completely messed up! I know, I know I need to CUT THE CRAP and JUST DO IT!
Yup!
Old 02-10-2014, 08:22 AM   #676
Tyl

I am just .2 lbs away from a new decade!!!! Crap free is the way to be. I sooooo appreciate u guys for doing this w me. 2 weeks left!
Old 02-10-2014, 08:35 AM   #677
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Week 6 Results

Tammy 9/61
Jayce: 9/41
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 11:20 AM   #678
Tyl

I saw a commercial for some ankle sock thingy that I want. I have fairly weak ankles and bum knees. I am enjoying the standing while working but some extra support sounds good. Anyone seen the commercial?
Old 02-10-2014, 05:05 PM   #679
Major LCF Poster!

Yay, so glad to see everyone checking in today!!! What a super crazy busy day it was (Monday's always are!) It's been a 10 hour day due to mandatory inspections by the LA Housing Authority, so I spent 2.5 hours this morning non-stop walking and most of it was up and down staircases....I'm wiped out!!!

Food was good though....haven't had time to eat hardly anything!

Hope everyone had a super great Monday!
Old 02-11-2014, 07:34 AM   #680
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kjsurgtech
Stats: 224/214/185 5'9"
WOE: healthier way of eating
Start Date: Sept. 2011, Dec. 2013
Only 11 days left on the challenge and my plan is to get to 210lbs, and join another challenge right away. I was 214 today and almost passed out when I saw the scale. Thanks Chantyl for starting this challenge.

Kiki
kjsurgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 07:43 AM   #681
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Week 6 Results

Tammy 9/61
Danielle: 9/58

I'm here I'm here! Phew! It sure has been a real bumpy start to this new year for me I've been out cold with the flu for the last 5 days or so... today's the first day of feeling somewhat human again, so thankful!
Prior to getting sick last week, I was actually able to get in 2 workouts and I also kept my food in check the entire week... winning!! Sitting at a new low today and so happy about that!!!!!!

Now, looking forward to finishing up this challenge strong.....*knocks on wood*.... I've gotten an injury and an illness outta the way, no time for any thing else!!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 07:49 AM   #682
Tyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjsurgtech View Post
Only 11 days left on the challenge and my plan is to get to 210lbs, and join another challenge right away. I was 214 today and almost passed out when I saw the scale. Thanks Chantyl for starting this challenge.

Kiki
You r so close Kiki!!!!!!!
Old 02-11-2014, 07:50 AM   #683
Tyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Week 6 Results

Tammy 9/61
Danielle: 9/58

I'm here I'm here! Phew! It sure has been a real bumpy start to this new year for me I've been out cold with the flu for the last 5 days or so... today's the first day of feeling somewhat human again, so thankful!
Prior to getting sick last week, I was actually able to get in 2 workouts and I also kept my food in check the entire week... winning!! Sitting at a new low today and so happy about that!!!!!!

Now, looking forward to finishing up this challenge strong.....*knocks on wood*.... I've gotten an injury and an illness outta the way, no time for any thing else!!
You've got this! Congrats on the new low!!!!
Old 02-11-2014, 07:57 AM   #684
Major LCF Poster!

Kiki, way to go!

Danielle, You finally got over your fall and then came down with the flu?? Goodness girl, you DESERVE to be at a new low for overcoming all of that!

Tyl, I haven't seen the commercial for the ankle sock thingy....are they weights?

Yay to all the CTC girls who have stuck this out....we are making a difference!!

Well I'm off to climb more staircases and inspect more of my apartments today....wish me luck!
Old 02-12-2014, 06:31 PM   #685
Tyl

Hey loves!!!! I'm totally craving junk---crap free zone!!!!
Old 02-12-2014, 07:14 PM   #686
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyl View Post
Hey loves!!!! I'm totally craving junk---crap free zone!!!!
Stay strong Tyl!!! Are you craving sweet or salty? Whats a good SAFE alternative you have on hand?? Indulge in junk TV instead!
Old 02-13-2014, 07:58 AM   #687
Blabbermouth!!!

New low didn't last long...welcome to the bouncy-bounce!

*Technically* going from last Thursday's weight (official) and today's weight, I'm up for the week +1.2. Meh!
Old 02-13-2014, 01:43 PM   #688
Senior LCF Member

Hi, Girls!

Kiki: Congrats on the loss, Girl! You can totally meet your goal!! GO FOR IT!

Tyl: I think I know the ankle support sock you're talking about... is it 1 or 2 "easy payments of $19.95"?? You should order when they give you two pair for the price of one-- hee hee

Dani: So sorry about the yukky flu! Now that you got all the drama out of the way this year, it will be smooth sailing

Tammy: with all the stair climbing, you're probably burning some mega calories! I say that TOTALLY counts as a workout!

Jayce: Good job hanging in there!

SlowSure: This awful weather is bound to stop soon!

Cut the Crap (3) Challenge: week 2: 26 points total

This is me... not giving up!
Old 02-13-2014, 02:34 PM   #689
Major LCF Poster!

Hello loves!

It has been a CRAZY week.....just CRAZY!!!

So, I manage a very nice Apartment Community right on the coast in So. Cal....and I love it....I do....but weeks like this are NOT FAIR!

I've had the City Housing Authority out here inspecting units, which is fine the inspector is very nice and everything is going well, except for 2 different apartments that the residents are in the midst of eviction and BOTH their apartments are so disgusting that the City Inspector wrote them up for health and safety / sanitation violations....THEN....in the midst of all of that I have a water main burst.....inexplicably....and I have flooding issues in half the property!!! I have 3 apartments getting flooded, the plumbing company working as diligently as possible to get the situation contained and resolved....and of course this meant an emergency water shut off!!

To top it all off, my WONDERFUL assistant, whom I do adore was kind enough to bring donuts!!!!! Do you know HOW BADLY I want a donut and some coffee right now? (well either that or bourbon! ) But I REFUSE to give in to the stress and cheat.

We've survived it all.....but half of my community (10 buildings) were completely without water for 24 hours.

Outside of that it's all good here! My eating has been on track. I successfully avoided all donuts and other CRAP.....I did have a glass and a half of wine the other night, but I was careful, so it did NOT throw me out of ketosis...and yes, I am counting all of that walking and stair climbing as LOTS of exercise....my butt and calves are STILL sore!

So how's everyone else doing?

Tyl, did you avoid the junk food?

Dani, you'll drop that pound in no time, don't let the scale get ya down!!

Tracy, how's it going?
Old 02-13-2014, 02:52 PM   #690
Blabbermouth!!!

Tracy~ Hey girly! How's things?

Tammy~ Girl, you deserve a big fat drink Seriously, I may have dove head first into that box of donuts...that is ALOT to deal with! I often wondered about people's lack of housekeeping...boggles the mind. I asked one of the maintenance guys about it here when he was working on my dishwasher and he says there have been some that have been crazy..and all the guys so happy when "those" kinds of people move out. I can't even imagine! I'm the kind of person who cleans before the maid would come, kinda person I wouldn't be happy letting anyone see a messy house. Just think how toned and tight your buns and thighs will be from all that stair climbing!!

Very apparent that I am not back to running at full capacity, yet...went out shopping for a couple hours and I am beat. Worn out! I can't wait to stop feeling so worn out. I had some prep cooking I'd wanted to get done today, but I don't think it's gonna happen. So far behind on everything from being sick is not fun! There's always tomorrow, eh?