Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2014, 03:13 PM   #631
Tyl
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Tyl
Stats: Working on it!
WOE: LC
Start Date: Sept 2008/Again Dec. 30, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by vella_marie View Post
Got a nice surprise today. Down 4.2 pounds to 315 exactly! I feel so good about not cheating at my and my friends super bowl parties yesterday. I guess it was my reward for being a good girl haha
Wooooo hoooooo!
Tyl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2014, 03:16 PM   #632
Tyl

I am trying to sit less...so, I'm trying to stand up while working today (with bouts of sitting). So far so good.
Old 02-03-2014, 05:23 PM   #633
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mrstmitch
Stats: 252/220/150
WOE: Rosedale
Start Date: November 1, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyl View Post
I am trying to sit less...so, I'm trying to stand up while working today (with bouts of sitting). So far so good.
That's awsome! You're burning more calories that way.

I thought about asking my employer if I could get a standing work station set up--but I don't know if that's too extreme. I work at a desk in front of a computer literally all day.
mrstmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 05:25 PM   #634
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Got a nice surprise today. Down 4.2 pounds to 315 exactly! I feel so good about not cheating at my and my friends super bowl parties yesterday. I guess it was my reward for being a good girl haha

Yay!!
It always pays off if you stick with it!
Old 02-03-2014, 06:24 PM   #635
Tyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstmitch View Post

I thought about asking my employer if I could get a standing work station set up--but I don't know if that's too extreme. I work at a desk in front of a computer literally all day.
Me too and half the time I don't get up to go potty and if I get a lunch I'm not getting getting my breaks! So standing helps. It wasn't bad at all!
Old 02-03-2014, 07:20 PM   #636
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyboss7
Stats: 245 / 195 / 140
WOE: Hi Protein / Hi Fat / Low Carb
Start Date: R1 10/19/08 R2 12/26/10 R3 12/28/13
Hello Loves!

OMG, Am I glad this Monday is about over! Monday's are always crazy but at the first of the month when I have everyone in 2 apartment communities paying rent it is downright INSANE!!!!

Dani, great job on your loss....that's an accomplishment given your injury this month!!

LaVella, You are an inspiration! Great job on the super bowl party and the zoo....that takes real commitment! And AWESOME job on your loss!

Tracy, I think a standing work station is a great idea! Do you have an HR department at your company? If you make a formal request and explain that you're requesting it for overall health and efficiency reasons I'd just about bet you'd get it! Most companies I've worked for had HR directors that really took that sort thing seriously. The two magic words are "health" and "efficiency" ;-) Especially if you've ever had any back issues or sciatica....then a standing work station is almost mandatory!

Tyl, you're such an encouragement! I'm so glad you put this challenge together!!

I know we still have a couple of weeks left together on this challenge....but I REALLY hope we do another challenge when this one is done....I absolutely adore this group and find that just checking in here and staying connected with everyone here really makes a difference for me!!

Be the type of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap....she's up"!!

Made it to Onederland 7/1/14!!!
199 190 185 180 175 170 165 160 155 150 145
ladyboss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 08:07 PM   #637
Senior LCF Member

ME TOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyboss7 View Post

Tracy, I think a standing work station is a great idea! Do you have an HR department at your company? If you make a formal request and explain that you're requesting it for overall health and efficiency reasons I'd just about bet you'd get it! Most companies I've worked for had HR directors that really took that sort thing seriously. The two magic words are "health" and "efficiency" ;-) Especially if you've ever had any back issues or sciatica....then a standing work station is almost mandatory!
Yes, I've actually researched them--and they're really spendy! (my company is tightening the budget--of course, like all of them) I know I couldn't have stood very long 6 months ago... but as I get into better shape, I think it would be do-able. I'll probably make a request during the 2nd quarter when our new budgets roll out.

Quote:

Tyl, you're such an encouragement! I'm so glad you put this challenge together!!

I know we still have a couple of weeks left together on this challenge....but I REALLY hope we do another challenge when this one is done....I absolutely adore this group and find that just checking in here and staying connected with everyone here really makes a difference for me!!
I've been wanting to say the same thing!! This challenge has been really encouraging, and I really want to keep the momentum going!
Old 02-03-2014, 08:32 PM   #638
GME

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/166/175 Trying again...223/204.6/146 5'7
WOE: JUDDD/LC/Gluten & Dairy Free
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
Quote:

I went to a training today. A local business let us use their conference room because all of our big rooms were full. To get to the training I walked through a serious cubicle-ville and I saw one lady working at a stand up workstation. I peeked around to see if she had a treadmill too but she didn't.

They did have beach umbrellas up here and there over the cubicles and that was fun.

I spend a lot of time at my desk and I would do it, but I have many small meetings in there and I don't think people want me glowering over them from stand-up desk.

3/24/14- She is Beautiful 10k- I won!, 7/27/14- Wharf to Wharf (6 miles)- I won!
9/14/14- Title 9K- I won! 11/9/14- Surfer's Path 10K- I won!
12/7/14- Jinglebell Rock 5K, 4/12/15- Santa Cruz Half Marathon

*My definition of win: I didn't quit, didn't throw up, and they didn't close the course on me.

Last edited by GME; 02-03-2014 at 08:43 PM..
GME is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 08:34 PM   #639
GME

Quote:
Wow!
Old 02-03-2014, 08:42 PM   #640
GME

Chantyl 10/54
Tammy 8 / 52
Danielle 7/46
SlowSure 11/51
Tracy 10/54
LaVella 10/35
Gina 9/38

I went to a training today and they had lunch brought in. I packed my own lunch because besides being low(er) carb, I am allergic to gluten and dairy. To my happy surprise they had a big green salad and roasted chicken.

My running group meets again tomorrow night. I have a parent meeting I hope to ditch out of so I can make it. I'm not of the agenda, so I should be set free, right? Right?
Old 02-03-2014, 10:39 PM   #641
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: vella_marie
Stats: 334.4/315/140
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: 1/3/2014
Quote:
OMG, Am I glad this Monday is about over! Monday's are always crazy but at the first of the month when I have everyone in 2 apartment communities paying rent it is downright INSANE!!!!

I know we need another cut the crap challenge!!! I love it sooo much!!!!
vella_marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 08:39 AM   #642
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning ladies, quick check in before work!

I got in a GREAT walk before coming in to the office....and STILL made it in to the office early.....very productive morning!!

Tyl, majority rules.....we must do another 8 week challenge after this one!!

Gina, I totally agree, if you're not on the agenda I'd totally cut out of the parent meeting.....I never did like those things anyway!!

Have a great Tuesday everyone!!!
Old 02-04-2014, 08:41 AM   #643
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Quote:
Originally Posted by GME View Post
Chantyl 10/54
Tammy 8 / 52
Danielle 7/46
SlowSure 11/51
Tracy 10/54
LaVella 10/35
Gina 9/38

I went to a training today and they had lunch brought in. I packed my own lunch because besides being low(er) carb, I am allergic to gluten and dairy. To my happy surprise they had a big green salad and roasted chicken.

My running group meets again tomorrow night. I have a parent meeting I hope to ditch out of so I can make it. I'm not of the agenda, so I should be set free, right? Right?
Nice that they had options you could actually choose from! My DD17 has gluten/soy allergies and gets so sad when meals are provided places and she can't really partake...tough for a kid to have to "suck it up"... however, the payoff for avoiding said food is priceless as she knows she won't be up all night in pain!

Yes, you are set free. I give you permission.
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 08:42 AM   #644
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Good morning ladies, quick check in before work!

I got in a GREAT walk before coming in to the office....and STILL made it in to the office early.....very productive morning!!

Tyl, majority rules.....we must do another 8 week challenge after this one!!

Gina, I totally agree, if you're not on the agenda I'd totally cut out of the parent meeting.....I never did like those things anyway!!

Have a great Tuesday everyone!!!
TOTALLY in for another challenge My girls here are AMAZEBALLS

Look at you go, Ms Productive Good for you!
Old 02-04-2014, 01:58 PM   #645
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kjsurgtech
Stats: 224/214/185 5'9"
WOE: healthier way of eating
Start Date: Sept. 2011, Dec. 2013
Chantyl 10/54
Tammy 8 / 52
Danielle 7/46
SlowSure 11/51
Tracy 10/54
LaVella 10/35
Gina 9/38
Kiki 10/40
kjsurgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 05:09 PM   #646
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GME View Post

I LOVE it when that happens-- People actually order in something healthy that you can eat, too.

Yea, I totally think you can ditch the meeting (hee, hee)
Old 02-04-2014, 08:09 PM   #647
Tyl

Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyy y'all! No workout tonight. Gonna watch some trash tv---bad girls all star challenge, pretty little liars, ravens wood and haves and have nots. #bingeontvnotfood
Old 02-04-2014, 10:43 PM   #648
GME

Quote:
I LOVE it when that happens-- People actually order in something healthy that you can eat, too.

Yea, I totally think you can ditch the meeting (hee, hee)
I was not set free.
Old 02-05-2014, 02:44 AM   #649
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/105/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Fly-by to say that I'm still eating on plan and exercise is OK (tho' I'd adore more kayaking, of course ).

More flooding with more due on Thursday night. I'm so sick of the endless cleaning and walking through mud so much of the time.

Still - I'm ignoring that, continuing to CTC and staying within my maintenance plans. Thank you all for your help in that
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 02:51 AM   #650
I'm his Princess

Gallery: Dedicated
Stats: Goal is a Healthy Weight!
WOE: Clean Eating!
Start Date: Everyday!
Morning peeps!
Dedicated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 08:26 AM   #651
Major LCF Poster!

Tyl, sounds like a great night to me!! I love the whole "binge on TV not food" line....that's awesome!

Gina, That's a bummer about the meeting......sorry kid!

Slowsure, You are having a heck of a time with that flooding, I'd be tired of the mud too!! Awesome job staying on track with your maintenance in the midst of all that chaos! Just remember, "This too shall pass" and soon the flooding will be a distant memory....as you're kayaking in beautiful weather!

Cle, Good morning!

How's everyone else doing this morning? Have a super fabulous Wednesday....and to borrow one of my favorite lines from Pitch Perfect: "Make good choices!"
Old 02-05-2014, 08:37 AM   #652
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyl View Post
Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyy y'all! No workout tonight. Gonna watch some trash tv---bad girls all star challenge, pretty little liars, ravens wood and haves and have nots. #bingeontvnotfood
Ooooo forgot about my teen shows Love PLL, and Vampire Diaries...and Ravenswood is just plain creepy!! Love it!

Gina~ I'm sorry that you didn't get out of your meeting? I gave you permission, they were NOT listening!

So, I get to finally feeling great, no pain, the scale is moving moving moving....aaannnddd I wake up with a major sore throat today NOT GOOD. Meh.

I bought a hula hoop last night... absolutely hilarious to watch me do it I used to be a champion hula'er back in the day....not-so-much now, however..... great workout. DD17 went to town with it, it was awesome!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
Old 02-05-2014, 10:30 AM   #653
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/218.2/215 MG# 1
WOE: Food logging, reduced carb
I was wondering if Ravenswood was any good...is it a spinoff of PLL?

Happy Wednesday, ladies! I've been awake since around 1:30 this morning (insomnia issues), so I'm feeling like I need toothpicks to prop open my friggin' eyes! O_O I did hit the gym right around 5, so I got in a great calorie burn at least.

BTW, Tammy, I loved the movie Pitch Perfect! Hilarious!

Last edited by Jayce; 02-05-2014 at 10:32 AM..
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 10:59 AM   #654
Big Yapper!!!!

J~ I love Ravenswood. It is a spin-off from PLL and I don't think you necessarily have to follow PLL to get into this one.. It's just 1 character from there coming to Ravenswood. I watch these with DD17 and she finally got her big brother hooked on PLL a couple seasons back I never thought I'd see the day!! Great job on that workout, chicky!

I love Pitch Perfect!!
Old 02-05-2014, 02:54 PM   #655
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
I was wondering if Ravenswood was any good...is it a spinoff of PLL?

Happy Wednesday, ladies! I've been awake since around 1:30 this morning (insomnia issues), so I'm feeling like I need toothpicks to prop open my friggin' eyes! O_O I did hit the gym right around 5, so I got in a great calorie burn at least.

BTW, Tammy, I loved the movie Pitch Perfect! Hilarious!
Good job on getting the workout in! (sorry you're having sleep issues, tho )
I love Pitch Perfect, too!

SlowSure, so sorry for the continued flooding issues!
Dani, feel better soon!
Gina, sorry you didn't get out of the meeting--next time, I'll have to write you a note!

Last night, I had a hankerin' for some dessert, so made one of those 1 minute chocolate cakes... It hit the spot I've been feeling lately like my body needs more food because I'm working out more, but I'm afraid to eat more cause I don't want to blow it. Is anybody else feeling that way??

Cut the Crap (3) Challenge: week 2: 26 points total

This is me... not giving up!
Old 02-05-2014, 07:38 PM   #656
Tyl

I love ravenswood!!!!!! I thoroughly enjoyed the shows last night! Now standing up and working that has been interesting! I like it but it's a change! I'm hungrier than usual today but making good choices!

Feel better dani! Keep up the good work ladies ! We r almost there!
Old 02-06-2014, 06:33 AM   #657
I'm his Princess

Gallery: Dedicated
Stats: Goal is a Healthy Weight!
WOE: Clean Eating!
Start Date: Everyday!
Good Morning peeps!

It's a rainy day in FL! It beats the freezing cold and snow.
Dedicated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 07:07 AM   #658
GME

Tracy, i have been hungrier lately too. I hadn't thought about it being tied to working out though. Duh. I just kept telling myself I shouldn't be hungry, but that only works for so long (for me anyway).

Chantyl, is your stand-up desk at work or at home? I thought you got to start working from home soon.

I got a short run in last night around the track at school before I left. I forgot a hair tie though. You would think in a school office I could find a rubber band wouldn't you? Nope, so I ran with my hair free. I tried to imagine myself looking like a shampoo commercial, but I think my hair was really just stuck to my head with sweat and some parts waving out randomly.

I'm going to take my stuff to run again today. It is raining right now but who knows what will happen in the afternoon.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 02-06-2014, 07:59 AM   #659
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/218.2/215 MG# 1
WOE: Food logging, reduced carb
Oooh, 1 min. chocolate cake?!? LOL. Sounds interesting...

Good morning, ladies. Got in a workout this morning -- already sore in my abs & legs, smh.

Have a great on-plan day!
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 03:52 AM   #660
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/105/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Fly by to say that the UK and my local area have more storms forecast for this weekend - and we need to do things for people who are being displaced during the most vulnerable periods.

On a trite note, my Spring Garden is ruined. On the upside - there should be some classic kayaking in the next few months.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote