Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2014, 10:50 PM   #601
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: vella_marie
Stats: 334.4/315/140
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: 1/3/2014
Hey everyone! I feel so bad for not interacting too much. Been so busy. At least winter session at school is over in 2 weeks, then I get a week off. I PROMISE to catch up and read everyone's posts this weekend.

I lost 15.2 pounds in Jan I know its mostly water weight but I feel better. I barely got out of 320's too. I was at 319.2 on weds.

Going to the San Diego Zoo tomorrow, so that definitely be my exercise for the day. I am going to prepare some low carb snacks to take and water. No excuses for me
vella_marie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2014, 12:32 AM   #602
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kjwalsh
Stats: 205/150/140
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by vella_marie View Post
I lost 15.2 pounds in Jan I know its mostly water weight but I feel better. I barely got out of 320's too. I was at 319.2 on weds.

Going to the San Diego Zoo tomorrow, so that definitely be my exercise for the day. I am going to prepare some low carb snacks to take and water. No excuses for me
Congrats on the weight loss!

I wish I was going to the San Diego Zoo! I've heard good things about it. Have fun!!!

Would love to go to any zoo tommorrow, LOL

It's snowing right now, again
kjwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 06:01 AM   #603
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/106/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
I've wanted a tree house ever since I was a little girl. I feel that it would be difficult to get me out of one if I had it, tho'.

San Diego Zoo is amazing. I couldn't reconcile myself to the idea of zoos until I visited the San Diego one - so much better treatment of animals (it seems to me) then the zoos to which I was taken as a child.

CTC January Summary

During January, I lost 3.8lbs to end the month on 120.8lbs so have lowered my maintenance range to 120-125lbs. I'm continuing to reverse diet by gradually adding more food (e.g., extra fat g, kcals) back into my daily allowances and monitoring for a week to see if there's any weight gain. I had a number of my sports activities cancelled during January because of adverse weather so I was probably over-tentative and added back too small amounts which is probably why I continued to drop scale weight rather than maintain.

If this rain ever stops in the UK (it feels like there's been no let-up since early December, I trudge through mud the moment I'm not on a city street) then my exercise should be more predictable.

Overall tho' I had an excellent month with my unexpected move. I'm just heartsick of the flooding-related clean-up work. On balance tho', I definitely CTC in January.

Sept 2014 A recent DXA scan reported very low muscle mass (sarcopenia) so I'm still thinking about how to cope with that. I have some joint surgery to schedule. I may miss questions that people ask me or personals. Apologies if I do, it's not intentional.

Last edited by SlowSure; 02-01-2014 at 06:02 AM..
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 07:05 AM   #604
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kjsurgtech
Stats: 224/214/185 5'9"
WOE: healthier way of eating
Start Date: Sept. 2011, Dec. 2013
Quote:
Hey everyone! I feel so bad for not interacting too much. Been so busy. At least winter session at school is over in 2 weeks, then I get a week off. I PROMISE to catch up and read everyone's posts this weekend.

Going to the San Diego Zoo tomorrow, so that definitely be my exercise today. I am going to prepare some low carb snacks to take and water. No excuses for me
Way to go!!! Keep it up and have fun at the zoo.

Kiki
kjsurgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 07:08 AM   #605
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kjsurgtech
Stats: 224/214/185 5'9"
WOE: healthier way of eating
Start Date: Sept. 2011, Dec. 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
I've wanted a tree house ever since I was a little girl. I feel that it would be difficult to get me out of one if I had it, tho'.

San Diego Zoo is amazing. I couldn't reconcile myself to the idea of zoos until I visited the San Diego one - so much better treatment of animals (it seems to me) then the zoos to which I was taken as a child.

CTC January Summary

During January, I lost 3.8lbs to end the month on 120.8lbs so have lowered my maintenance range to 120-125lbs. I'm continuing to reverse diet by gradually adding more food (e.g., extra fat g, kcals) back into my daily allowances and monitoring for a week to see if there's any weight gain. I had a number of my sports activities cancelled during January because of adverse weather so I was probably over-tentative and added back too small amounts which is probably why I continued to drop scale weight rather than maintain.

If this rain ever stops in the UK (it feels like there's been no let-up since early December, I trudge through mud the moment I'm not on a city street) then my exercise should be more predicta@all tho' I had an excellent month with my unexpected move. I'm just heartsick of the flooding-related clean-up work. On balance tho', I definitely CTC in January.
Funny you mentioned the treehouse bc my daughter and I love Treehouse Masters. Its amazing what they can do on that show. Have a great day!!!

Kiki
kjsurgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 08:19 AM   #606
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Start Date: 8/22/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyl View Post
random chit chat: any tv show watchers? i'm really a tv freak! i love to watch shows...marathons on netflix; reality trash, true crime shows, dramas--

american horror story just ended and i loved this season...but i'm super excited for The Americans season 2! and now my show the following is back! love it
Ooooooo I love tv I have yet to see American Horror Story, but I'll get to it eventually... Right now my absolute fave dramas are The Following, Person Of Interest, and Intelligence.. I love Mike & Molly, Trophy Wife, and Sean Saves the World--which is being cancelled I'm so bummed! We love love love The Goldberg's....being a teen of the 80's this is so much fun to see. My major guilty pleasures are reality tv...The Bachelor, Housewives of any city, Vanderpump Rules--I got DH hooked on this one cause it's so trashy , and my most guiltiest pleasure at the moment is the current season of The Real World---I have no idea why, I haven't seen this show in years, but for some reason it's like a giant train wreck that I can't stop gawking at
We have a ton of shows on Blu-Ray that we have yet to watch...Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Downton Abbey...the list goes on and on... I could talk about tv all day

Vella~ have a great time at the zoo...I grew up in San Diego and that was one of my most fave things to do there!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 09:07 AM   #607
Tyl
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Tyl
Stats: Working on it!
WOE: LC
Start Date: Sept 2008/Again Dec. 30, 2013
Quote:

Fantastic job w the weight loss!!!!!
Tyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 09:25 AM   #608
Tyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Ooooooo I love tv I have yet to see American Horror Story, but I'll get to it eventually... Right now my absolute fave dramas are The Following, Person Of Interest, and Intelligence.. I love Mike & Molly, Trophy Wife, and Sean Saves the World--which is being cancelled I'm so bummed! We love love love The Goldberg's....being a teen of the 80's this is so much fun to see. My major guilty pleasures are reality tv...The Bachelor, Housewives of any city, Vanderpump Rules--I got DH hooked on this one cause it's so trashy , and my most guiltiest pleasure at the moment is the current season of The Real World---I have no idea why, I haven't seen this show in years, but for some reason it's like a giant train wreck that I can't stop gawking at
We have a ton of shows on Blu-Ray that we have yet to watch...Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Downton Abbey...the list goes on and on... I could talk about tv all day

Vella~ have a great time at the zoo...I grew up in San Diego and that was one of my most fave things to do there!
It is taking everything in me not to watch the new real world season...it looks sooooo good. I have got to get my presentation done so I can watch more tv lol
Old 02-01-2014, 11:28 AM   #609
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyboss7
Stats: 245 / 195 / 140
WOE: Hi Protein / Hi Fat / Low Carb
Start Date: R1 10/19/08 R2 12/26/10 R3 12/28/13
Good morning ladies!

Vella, AWESOME job with the loss!!! San Diego Zoo is amazing and yes you will definitely get your exercise in today!

Slowsure, You had one heck of a busy month....can't wait till I'm in your position of adding calories back in so I can stop LOSING weight!

Kiki, Treehouse masters is one of our favorite new shows right now.....we never miss an episode! It amazes me how much money these folks spend on these treehouses!! If I'm going to drop $85,000 + then I want to live in it!!

Dani, I looooove Person of Interest.....I haven't seen the past couple of seasons yet just so I can download & watch them all at once! Oh, I'm going to measure today....are you?

Well, we're wrapping another week already.....this is just flying by!! My eating has been on all point all week, the exercise not so much.....I've been putting in long days at work! I have to get back on track with that this week. BUT....I am down 15lbs this month!!! Not bad for my first month back on track and 4 weeks of CUTTING THE CRAP!

Well ladies, I'll check back in later with this weeks point count....have a great Saturday!

Be the type of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap....she's up"!!

Made it to Onederland 7/1/14!!!
199 190 185 180 175 170 165 160 155 150 145
ladyboss7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 12:41 PM   #610
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/166/175 Trying again...223/210/146 5'7
WOE: Misc.
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
Hi all,

I haven't had a lot of time to check in. It has been busy at work and my son's winter ball was last night. That meant clothes shopping and corsage making.

I went for a run with my running group this morning. It was nice, but we ran in town and I hate running on the sidewalks, waiting for traffic lights and all the people. I am a farm road and beach runner.

We ended up at Whole Foods and they had coffee and breakfast-y stuff for us. The race director for the target race for the group was there. She was giving away old race shirts they didn't use and I picked one up. I will have to be careful only to wear it around home because I would be mortified to have someone ask me if I ran that race and have to tell them no.

I was able to get my grocery shopping done and be home by 11:00. That was nice.

I like TV, but I haven't seen many of the shows you all mentioned, but I do like The Following. I am all into Downton Abbey and Sherlock right now. I also eally like shows about Bigfoot and "real" monsters.

3/24/14- She is Beautiful 10k- I won!, 7/27/14- Wharf to Wharf (6 miles)- I won!
9/14/14- Title 9K- I won!
11/9/14- Surfer's Path 10K, 4/12/15- Santa Cruz Half Marathon

*My definition of win: I didn't quit, didn't throw up, and they didn't close the course on me.
GME is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 03:14 PM   #611
Blabbermouth!!!

Tyl~ this season is crazy! 3 episodes in and I swear I spent each episode with my mouth hanging open I'm just waiting until those "ex's" show up....fun to watch it all break loose then!

Tammy~ I love POI so much--love me some Mr. Reese! I love the women in the show--total bad@** women, kickin some booty I love that!! Totally forgot to measure today, I'll have to do it in the morning. Great job on the losses for the month, that is fantastic!!

Gina~ If anyone asks just tell them yes you ran it and it was fabulous! Love The Following, and have yet to get to Sherlock, but I do love the US version, Elementary--Jonny Lee Miller is too funny!
Old 02-01-2014, 04:05 PM   #612
Major LCF Poster!

OMG - Pizza

Omg....you guys I just have to share.....I made a pizza today that came out FABULOUS....even my DH & DS LOVED IT!!!! Totally low carb, totally EASY! The crust is made of shredded cheese and a couple of eggs.....it cooks up like a thin crust pizza that you can totally pick up & eat like a regular piece of pizza. If you want the details of the recipe let me know and I will gladly share. My hubby is doing this WOE with me because he wants to drop weight too, he LOOOOOVES pizza and he just told me that this WOE just got a LOT easier for the long haul!! I attached a pic for you to see how nicely it turned out!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pizza.jpg (14.0 KB, 5 views)
Old 02-01-2014, 05:44 PM   #613
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/218.8/214 MG# 1
WOE: Food logging, LC/MC, exercise
That pizza looks yummy!
Jayce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 06:12 PM   #614
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/166/175 Trying again...223/210/146 5'7
WOE: Misc.
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
Quote:
Gina~ If anyone asks just tell them yes you ran it and it was fabulous! Love The Following, and have yet to get to Sherlock, but I do love the US version, Elementary--Jonny Lee Miller is too funny!
I forgot about Elementary. I love that one too. It isn't really a US version of Sherlock though, they are very different. Sherlock is in season 3 right now. Seasons 1 & 2 are on Amazon and I think Netflix too.
GME is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 07:40 PM   #615
Tyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyboss7 View Post
Good morning ladies!

Vella, AWESOME job with the loss!!! San Diego Zoo is amazing and yes you will definitely get your exercise in today!

Slowsure, You had one heck of a busy month....can't wait till I'm in your position of adding calories back in so I can stop LOSING weight!

Kiki, Treehouse masters is one of our favorite new shows right now.....we never miss an episode! It amazes me how much money these folks spend on these treehouses!! If I'm going to drop $85,000 + then I want to live in it!!

Dani, I looooove Person of Interest.....I haven't seen the past couple of seasons yet just so I can download & watch them all at once! Oh, I'm going to measure today....are you?

Well, we're wrapping another week already.....this is just flying by!! My eating has been on all point all week, the exercise not so much.....I've been putting in long days at work! I have to get back on track with that this week. BUT....I am down 15lbs this month!!! Not bad for my first month back on track and 4 weeks of CUTTING THE CRAP!

Well ladies, I'll check back in later with this weeks point count....have a great Saturday!
Wooooooo hoooooooo! That sounds like a successful month to me!
Old 02-01-2014, 07:45 PM   #616
Tyl

I'm gonna dvr real world and watch it all when I'm done w my presentation! I was driving around today and saw a house w a treehouse in the backyard and thought of you guys!!! Another good week down! So proud of you guys for stinking with it. Home stretch!!!!
Old 02-02-2014, 12:41 AM   #617
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
My hubby is doing this WOE with me
Somewhat off-topic, but may I say how much I've liked the avi of shots of you with your family. Utterly charming. What fine-looking children.
Old 02-02-2014, 10:29 AM   #618
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
Somewhat off-topic, but may I say how much I've liked the avi of shots of you with your family. Utterly charming. What fine-looking children.
Thank you so much!!! My family is my EVERYTHING!! I've been changing up my avi lately because my Son will be 25 later this month....not sure how THAT happened, I swear I was just pregnant with him last week!!! My daughter is getting married in April....which is a large factor why I'm here losing this weight! And Valentines day will be our 27th wedding anniversary. I am a very blessed lady!
Old 02-02-2014, 11:05 AM   #619
Tyl

Sorry I forgot yesterday!

CTC week 5 results:

Chantyl 10/54
Old 02-02-2014, 11:16 AM   #620
Major LCF Poster!

Week 5 results

CTC week 5 results:

Chantyl 10/54
Tammy 8 / 52
Old 02-02-2014, 12:50 PM   #621
Tyl

Down 14.3 since the start of this challenge. I wanted to drop 20 by the end, with three weeks left it's not impossible but less likely. I'm gonna hope for 17 lbs and if I get more than that it'll be splendid!!!!!
Old 02-02-2014, 12:57 PM   #622
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyl View Post
Down 14.3 since the start of this challenge. I wanted to drop 20 by the end, with three weeks left it's not impossible but less likely. I'm gonna hope for 17 lbs and if I get more than that it'll be splendid!!!!!
Tyl, that's awesome!! You can do it....we'll do it together!
Old 02-02-2014, 12:59 PM   #623
Tyl

Thanks Tammy!!! Yes we will totally get there!

I go back to the doc on 2/24 so I need to continue of w my losses! Onward and downward!
Old 02-02-2014, 02:13 PM   #624
Blabbermouth!!!

CTC week 5 results:

Chantyl 10/54
Tammy 8 / 52
Danielle 7/46

No exercise all week again....killing me for sure!! But, I kept my food clean and the scale tells me I'm doing ok.

Back is much better today and I'm hoping to begin working out again this week. I'm ready!

Measured this morning....down about 2 1/2 inches for the "pertinent" areas Not too shabby considering I have barely moved for the last 2 weeks! I do measure random areas just to gauge progress, especially when my clothes are starting to fit so oddly... like that area that's under your waist, but not down to your hips? Yeah, that pesky area that makes me angry! That area was down over an inch, as well as my underwire area.. I'm seriously thinking that I may get to actually shop for bras in a normal store as mine are getting way big and I'm already wearing the smallest size in Lane Bryant... progress, I love it!

Tyl~ You've done fantastic!
I'm only down about 6 pounds, but that's about par for my course My quick losin' days are ovah!
Old 02-02-2014, 02:15 PM   #625
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Thank you so much!!! My family is my EVERYTHING!! I've been changing up my avi lately because my Son will be 25 later this month....not sure how THAT happened, I swear I was just pregnant with him last week!!! My daughter is getting married in April....which is a large factor why I'm here losing this weight! And Valentines day will be our 27th wedding anniversary. I am a very blessed lady!
Tammy, your family is adorable! What a great Valentines day for you
I swear, these kids just sprout and are gone in a flash!!
Old 02-02-2014, 02:30 PM   #626
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

CTC week 5 results:

Chantyl 10/54
Tammy 8 / 52
Danielle 7/46
SlowSure 11/51
Old 02-02-2014, 08:36 PM   #627
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mrstmitch
Stats: 252/220/150
WOE: Rosedale
Start Date: November 1, 2013
CTC week 5 results:

Chantyl 10/54
Tammy 8 / 52
Danielle 7/46
SlowSure 11/51
Tracy 10/54

Sorry I haven't checked in for a couple of days... Still going strong! I hurt my knee from doing a workout the other day, so have been laying low on the exercise a bit. Yesterday marked the 12th week I've stayed on my plan. So far, I've lost 32 pounds and I feel phenomenal! I'm hoping to get under 200 by the end of April, when I go to Florida to visit my sister.

Gina and LaVella, good to see you!
Tammy, thanks for sharing the pizza idea. I've been craving pizza!
Dani, so sorry you're still unable to workout--but great job on the eating part of it!
Tyl, thanks so much for starting this challenge! It's been great motivation! I think getting down 17 lbs is totally do-able for you!

Cut the Crap (3) Challenge: week 2: 26 points total

This is me... not giving up!
mrstmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 01:48 AM   #628
Senior LCF Member

Chantyl 10/54
Tammy 8 / 52
Danielle 7/46
SlowSure 11/51
Tracy 10/54
LaVella 10/35

Congrats to everyone on their progress!

I had a great time at the zoo. I like to go as much as possible to get my memberships worth. I deficiently got my work out in. By the time we left I was waddling through the parking lot haha To avoid temptation I planned ahead. I took some pork chops from the night before, bacon and sausage. I took 6 water bottles, my sister and friend but their water stash to my back pack. So I was like I hope this means I meaning burning extra calories carrying all this weight around!

For a superbowl party today I brought my own food again. I brought ham roll ups with blue cheese crumbs and creams cheese and some sausage links. Cutting the excuses for any situation
Old 02-03-2014, 07:49 AM   #629
Tyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstmitch View Post
CTC week 5 results:

Chantyl 10/54
Tammy 8 / 52
Danielle 7/46
SlowSure 11/51
Tracy 10/54

Sorry I haven't checked in for a couple of days... Still going strong! I hurt my knee from doing a workout the other day, so have been laying low on the exercise a bit. Yesterday marked the 12th week I've stayed on my plan. So far, I've lost 32 pounds and I feel phenomenal! I'm hoping to get under 200 by the end of April, when I go to Florida to visit my sister.

Gina and LaVella, good to see you!
Tammy, thanks for sharing the pizza idea. I've been craving pizza!
Dani, so sorry you're still unable to workout--but great job on the eating part of it!
Tyl, thanks so much for starting this challenge! It's been great motivation! I think getting down 17 lbs is totally do-able for you!
Fantastic!!!! You have kicked some serious butt! 12 weeks on plan, so its definitely a habit for you! And look at the results you've gotten! Those who may be struggling to cut the crap are lucky to have u as an example!!

Quote:
Chantyl 10/54
Tammy 8 / 52
Danielle 7/46
SlowSure 11/51
Tracy 10/54
LaVella 10/35

Congrats to everyone on their progress!

I had a great time at the zoo. I like to go as much as possible to get my memberships worth. I deficiently got my work out in. By the time we left I was waddling through the parking lot haha To avoid temptation I planned ahead. I took some pork chops from the night before, bacon and sausage. I took 6 water bottles, my sister and friend but their water stash to my back pack. So I was like I hope this means I meaning burning extra calories carrying all this weight around!

For a superbowl party today I brought my own food again. I brought ham roll ups with blue cheese crumbs and creams cheese and some sausage links. Cutting the excuses for any situation
Way to plan ahead!!! Great job!

Quote:
CTC week 5 results:

Chantyl 10/54
Tammy 8 / 52
Danielle 7/46

No exercise all week again....killing me for sure!! But, I kept my food clean and the scale tells me I'm doing ok.

Back is much better today and I'm hoping to begin working out again this week. I'm ready!

Measured this morning....down about 2 1/2 inches for the "pertinent" areas Not too shabby considering I have barely moved for the last 2 weeks! I do measure random areas just to gauge progress, especially when my clothes are starting to fit so oddly... like that area that's under your waist, but not down to your hips? Yeah, that pesky area that makes me angry! That area was down over an inch, as well as my underwire area.. I'm seriously thinking that I may get to actually shop for bras in a normal store as mine are getting way big and I'm already wearing the smallest size in Lane Bryant... progress, I love it!

Tyl~ You've done fantastic!
I'm only down about 6 pounds, but that's about par for my course My quick losin' days are ovah!

Ummm Dani, my love! thats 6 glorius pounds, 2.5 inches, and a couple of non scale victories to boot! I'd say you're doing a great job!
Old 02-03-2014, 12:36 PM   #630
Senior LCF Member

Got a nice surprise today. Down 4.2 pounds to 315 exactly! I feel so good about not cheating at my and my friends super bowl parties yesterday. I guess it was my reward for being a good girl haha