Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2014, 10:46 AM   #571
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kjsurgtech
Stats: 224/214/185 5'9"
WOE: healthier way of eating
Start Date: Sept. 2011, Dec. 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by vella_marie View Post
I am soooooo sore!!! I did videos from Rockin Body. I did Shaun Ts Dance Party and Booty time. Well my butt feels fine its my calves!!!! OUCHIE!!!!

My shoes came in I am so excited. I love Vibrams so much. I have flat feet and I have broken them 3 times, plus the last time I broke my right foot it didn't heal right These are the only shoes I can wear without pain. Everyone is always skeptical until they try them. Now I have several converts.

Made it through another stressful day! I swear I was 5 seconds from hitting up my bar. I was fuming mad and was thinking dang I can use a shot of patron! BUT I didn't! I worked out instead, and since I was super stressed I did two workouts. Felt great after.
All of Shaun T's videos will work you out. I did Insanity and definitely earned my T-shirt. Thinking about doing it again. It's hard but you will definitely see the results.

Kiki
kjsurgtech is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2014, 11:38 AM   #572
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kjsurgtech
Stats: 224/214/185 5'9"
WOE: healthier way of eating
Start Date: Sept. 2011, Dec. 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyboss7 View Post
Good morning!

Happy Saturday all!! Finally the weekend, what a crazy day at work!!! Well my Fat Fast rewarded me with 2 more pounds lost!

My exercise was short was week, but my eating was GREAT, so I'll take it!!! I know I'm losing major inches too, I see it in my clothes, and hubby says he see's it big time!!

What's everyone got going on this weekend?
Ok. What exactly is the fat fast. Maybe I should try that.

Kiki
kjsurgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 11:49 AM   #573
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/223/213 Goal# 1
WOE: Food logging, reduced carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjsurgtech View Post
Jayce- We have all felt like that at some point, but keep continuing to cut the crap b/c it looks like you are really close to the goal you have set.

Kiki
Thanks for your response, Kiki. I am definitely going to cut the crap this week -- that's my focus! Have a great day!
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 11:55 AM   #574
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mrstmitch
Stats: 252/220/150
WOE: Rosedale
Start Date: November 1, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
Exercised today before my work commute, so I'm glad to have started my day off on the right foot. I had binge moments yesterday (things I don't really care about either, like chocolate-covered mini-donuts & Bugles chips...neither one are things I particularly like). I felt the overwhelming need to keep jamming food in my face...it's strange when I have moments like this. Anyone else ever experience this???
Are you kidding? That was my way of life for the last 5 years

You can DO this, Girl! Cut the CRAP already!!
(sorry, but that's what we're supposed to do, right? Not feel sorry for each other )
mrstmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 12:50 PM   #575
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyboss7
Stats: 245 / 195 / 140
WOE: Hi Protein / Hi Fat / Low Carb
Start Date: R1 10/19/08 R2 12/26/10 R3 12/28/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstmitch View Post
(sorry, but that's what we're supposed to do, right? Not feel sorry for each other )
Tracy, you are AWESOME!! Yes, we're here to encourage and hold each other accountable!!!

JG, you can do this!!! You've made great changes already and we're all in this together!!

Kiki, a fat fast was designed for those who are metabolically resistant. You aim for 1000 calories per day with 90% of those being from healthy fat. I use an online food journal that tracks all of my calories / fats / carbs / protein so it makes it super easy. I was surprised at how easy it is to do.....well...it is actually hard to achieve 90% fat....but I'm usually between 85% - 90%. I love it because I feel really satiated when I eat this way. I've decided to incorporate it into my WOE intermittently.

Hows everyone doing today? Crap free here so far today!!!

Be the type of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap....she's up"!!

Made it to Onederland 7/1/14!!!
199 190 185 180 175 170 165 160 155 150 145
ladyboss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 01:26 PM   #576
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Elaine05
Stats: 210/178/165
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Sept 2011
Tammy, What did you eat on the fat fast? I ate a lot of cream cheese but i think I can figure out something better than that.
Elaine05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 01:59 PM   #577
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
I'm so behind here! Hi girls! Everyone is doing so well, I am so proud of you all!!

Quote:

Well, ladies -- last week was admittedly lackluster. I'm struggling with severe winter "blahs," but I'm going to keep chuggin' along.

Exercised today before my work commute, so I'm glad to have started my day off on the right foot. I had binge moments yesterday (things I don't really care about either, like chocolate-covered mini-donuts & Bugles chips...neither one are things I particularly like). I felt the overwhelming need to keep jamming food in my face...it's strange when I have moments like this. Anyone else ever experience this???

:
I wanted to address this, J. I can relate to this so well.. I think many people here can. I spent many many years eating and overeating a ton of food that in the grand scheme of things, could've cared less about... just because it was there and it fed whatever emotions I was feeling at the moment.... Ironically, when I got hurt last week I found myself quickly faced with this idea again....totally came out of nowhere... I just wanted to comfort myself for being angry at being hurt, feeling like a failure, feeling like I'd lost control... I'm thankful that the last few months I've spent a lot of time working through a lot of emotional BS that when this reared it's ugly head again I was able to see it coming and cut it off.... SO proud of you that you able to acknowledge what's going on and owning it. Stay strong, girlfriend, I'm positive that you will work your way out of this and conquer it.

Keep rockin it girls, success looks great on you!!!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 02:30 PM   #578
I'm his Princess

Gallery: Dedicated
Stats: Goal is a Healthy Weight!
WOE: Clean Eating!
Start Date: Everyday!
Quote:
Love it!
Dedicated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 02:41 PM   #579
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine05 View Post
Tammy, What did you eat on the fat fast? I ate a lot of cream cheese but i think I can figure out something better than that.
Elaine, every day was a little different, and I'm not really good with plain cream cheese....I have to doctor it up. I made a dip with cream cheese, a little shredded cheese, a spoonful of sour cream and green chilis all warmed up together and ate that with Pork rinds, I would do the bullet proof coffee with coconut oil, butter and HWC, a cup of tea with HWC, chicken broth with a spoonful of butter stirred in....I'd sauté some mushrooms in butter and garlic and top them with mozzarella and put it under the broiler to melt and brown....I also make a fat bomb with a spoonful of coconut oil, a spoonful of natural almond butter, and a spoonful of whipped cream cheese all mixed together. Usually the majority of my day was primarily liquid with either the dip or the mushrooms added in for actual "Food". It worked really well for me!
Old 01-29-2014, 01:07 PM   #580
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Waving hi to all our girls! Sure is quiet in here!!!!
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 01:42 PM   #581
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Danielle! How are you feeling??

Just doing a quick lunch time check in....it is quiet in here!!! I hope everyone's doing well. My food is on track, still well into Ketosis.....need to squeeze in some walking. How's everyone else doing?
Old 01-29-2014, 01:48 PM   #582
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mrstmitch
Stats: 252/220/150
WOE: Rosedale
Start Date: November 1, 2013
I can relate...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post

I wanted to address this, J. I can relate to this so well.. I think many people here can. I spent many many years eating and overeating a ton of food that in the grand scheme of things, could've cared less about... just because it was there and it fed whatever emotions I was feeling at the moment.... Ironically, when I got hurt last week I found myself quickly faced with this idea again....totally came out of nowhere... I just wanted to comfort myself for being angry at being hurt, feeling like a failure, feeling like I'd lost control... I'm thankful that the last few months I've spent a lot of time working through a lot of emotional BS that when this reared it's ugly head again I was able to see it coming and cut it off.... SO proud of you that you able to acknowledge what's going on and owning it. Stay strong, girlfriend, I'm positive that you will work your way out of this and conquer it.
Hey, Dani, I totally relate with this. I consider myself an "addict", food being my "drug of choice". It is like a beast that has to be caged on a regular basis. The hardest thing to do when I'm in a "fog", is stop and ask myself, "Tracy, why are you eating this? What are you feeling?" And then when I find the answers, I have to find something else besides food that will make me feel better--that's the hardest part. Like an addict, I find it difficult to go without my "crutch".

The good news, I have been successful for the last several months in drinking water or a cup of tea, and eventually the urge to eat passes. But it's an ongoing struggle. It really helps to have a support system like this LCF, and all my CRAP CUTTIN' FRIENDS ! I love you girls!

Cut the Crap (3) Challenge: week 2: 26 points total

This is me... not giving up!
mrstmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 01:55 PM   #583
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
It really helps to have a support system like this LCF, and all my CRAP CUTTIN' FRIENDS ! I love you girls!
DITTO AND AMEN!!!
Old 01-29-2014, 02:43 PM   #584
I'm his Princess

Hey peeps!!!!

How are you all? I've been eating really well and was shocked to see I was up 1.5lbs this morning. I kept pressing on though. Taking my friend to dinner tonight for her bday. I already have my meal picked out!!!
Old 01-29-2014, 04:28 PM   #585
Tyl
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Tyl
Stats: Working on it!
WOE: LC
Start Date: Sept 2008/Again Dec. 30, 2013
Quote:
Are you kidding? That was my way of life for the last 5 years

love it!
Tyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 04:35 PM   #586
Tyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
I'm so behind here! Hi girls! Everyone is doing so well, I am so proud of you all!!

Keep rockin it girls, success looks great on you!!!
Quote:
Hey, Dani, I totally relate with this. I consider myself an "addict", food being my "drug of choice". It is like a beast that has to be caged on a regular basis. The hardest thing to do when I'm in a "fog", is stop and ask myself, "Tracy, why are you eating this? What are you feeling?" And then when I find the answers, I have to find something else besides food that will make me feel better--that's the hardest part. Like an addict, I find it difficult to go without my "crutch".

The good news, I have been successful for the last several months in drinking water or a cup of tea, and eventually the urge to eat passes. But it's an ongoing struggle. It really helps to have a support system like this LCF, and all my CRAP CUTTIN' FRIENDS ! I love you girls!
On a lot of levels I think many of us can relate. There's something intrinsically comforting about food. I am reading an interesting book right now that utilizes a therapuetic approach i'm interested in (its more of a self help than an actuall therapy manual); Its been really interesting. It's interesting when I think of the many thoughts, judgments, emotions, internal dialogue, coping strategies etc that i've been subjecting myself to. Even more interesting is figuring out a way to accept that for what they are, rather than facts. I think getting a handle on the emotions and situations that led us to this place in life is vital to really living the lives we want--and i'm not just talking weight loss...but truely full, vibrant, healthy lives! I hope all us crap cutters get to that place! I so enjoy getting to know you all!

Cut the Crap take 2: sw:276.4 cw: 259.6 Pts: 84!
For 8 weeks I made 84 positive choices!
CTC begins again on 3/2 join us!
Old 01-29-2014, 04:39 PM   #587
Tyl

Doing alright over yonder! I'm in an island-y mood lately. Been making some of my favorite drinks-sorrel and mauby (which when not filled with sugar have some great health benefits). Ate the last of the curry i cooked this weekend for lunch and am trying to figure out what i want next. LOL. Drinking a cup of mauby reminds me of the many holidays and gatherings when my parents were around...who knew they were feeding me healthful things lol.

Anyway! I didn't get up early enough to exercise this monring...so an evening workout it is! Will check back in later.

PS i didn't log in last night because i got caught up in a new app on my ipad. its absolutely ridiculous and pointless but i looked up and lost a few hours lol.

Those of you struggling to cut the crap....get it together!!! We can do anything for a few more weeks! Lets end this on the right track!
Old 01-29-2014, 07:16 PM   #588
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/223/213 Goal# 1
WOE: Food logging, reduced carb
Hey ladies! Thanks for the responses. I don't take any offense because I need the tough love. Thanks for the responses.

Weight was down this morning...today was a snow day from work & so is tomorrow, but my gym opens at noon tomorrow. I plan on hitting it up.

Hope y'all are doing well!
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 08:23 PM   #589
Tyl

Quote:
Hey ladies! Thanks for the responses. I don't take any offense because I need the tough love. Thanks for the responses.

Weight was down this morning...today was a snow day from work & so is tomorrow, but my gym opens at noon tomorrow. I plan on hitting it up.

Hope y'all are doing well!
Snow day!!!! Now that I have work at home capability I no longer get to take snow days. We continue to work no matter what
Old 01-30-2014, 03:03 AM   #590
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/105/105-110
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance.
Start Date: 2011
Quick fly-by. I'm still caught up in cleaning and painting after the recent flooding (helping out some former neighbours) and I'm heartsick of it. It's the wrong time of year to do this as there isn't decent light and it's still so wet that the paint doesn't dry readily. But, people's homes can't be left a mess as it makes them miserable...

I'm holding at approx. 122lbs which is about 2.6lbs down for this month and OK altho' I'd been looking to maintain rather than lose more but realise that with the move and everything else my schedule's been more than a little disrupted.

I'm out to kayaking practice tonight. I don't know what I'd do without kayaking, I lose all sense of other cares the moment the boat hits the water.

Best wishes to everyone and to those who are feeling a little overwhelmed.

Dec 2014 A DXA scan reported very low muscle mass (sarcopenia) so I'm still thinking about how to cope with that. I have some joint surgery to schedule. I may miss questions that people ask me or personals. Apologies if I do, it's not intentional.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 07:08 AM   #591
Tyl

Morning!
Old 01-30-2014, 08:58 AM   #592
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all!

Tyl, What's sorrel & Mauby? I've never heard of them?

Slowsure, you sure have had a hectic month! So good of you to help your neighbors, what a difficult time for them and everyone in that situation!! I hope you are able to get your kayaking in today.

JG, Way to go with the loss! you know, we ALL have our bumps along the way....but staying the course for the long haul is what it's all about and you're doing that!

Cleo, those darn scales just love to torment us! You've been doing great and I am certain that's not a real gain.....just setting you up for a nice woosh! I hope you had a wonderful dinner with your friend!

How's everyone else doing?
Old 01-30-2014, 01:27 PM   #593
I'm his Princess

Hey peeps!

I love some sorrel but I hate Mauby. Sorrel is from the root of a plant. It's a deep red and very strong flavored. It's a Caribbean traditional drink.
Old 01-30-2014, 02:50 PM   #594
Tyl

lol jason doesn't like mauby either ("its too strong")... lol i love it! yum yum!
Old 01-30-2014, 04:54 PM   #595
Tyl

random chit chat: any tv show watchers? i'm really a tv freak! i love to watch shows...marathons on netflix; reality trash, true crime shows, dramas--

american horror story just ended and i loved this season...but i'm super excited for The Americans season 2! and now my show the following is back! love it
Old 01-30-2014, 05:20 PM   #596
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyl View Post
random chit chat: any tv show watchers? i'm really a tv freak! i love to watch shows...marathons on netflix; reality trash, true crime shows, dramas--

american horror story just ended and i loved this season...but i'm super excited for The Americans season 2! and now my show the following is back! love it
Lol, Tyl you're so funny!! Yes....I'm with you on the TV shows!! I looooooove to watch an entire series on Netflix so I can just go from 1 episode to the next. My favorites are the true crime shows and some of the dramas. I need to get caught up with the last few seasons of Criminal Minds (I love to drool over Shemar Moore!!) and NCIS. My new fav. right now is Treehouse Masters.....OMG I want a treehouse now in the worst way!!
Old 01-30-2014, 05:23 PM   #597
Major LCF Poster!

Tyl....if you're into Netflix, check out Continuum.....they have all of the first 2 seasons on Netflix and it is FABULOUS! I'm not much of a Sci-Fi person, but this series has a GREAT story line and great characters!
Old 01-31-2014, 02:47 AM   #598
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kjwalsh
Stats: 205/150/140
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2013
Quote:
Lol, Tyl you're so funny!! Yes....I'm with you on the TV shows!! I looooooove to watch an entire series on Netflix so I can just go from 1 episode to the next. My favorites are the true crime shows and some of the dramas. I need to get caught up with the last few seasons of Criminal Minds (I love to drool over Shemar Moore!!) and NCIS. My new fav. right now is Treehouse Masters.....OMG I want a treehouse now in the worst way!!
Me too!!! Love Criminal Minds but I watch for Joe Mantegna ~ fell in love when he was in Joan of Arcadia - remember that one?!

Caught a couple of episodes of Treehohouse Masters, omigosh ~ those people must have serious cash to spare!!! But I'm with you, I want one also but only have one tree in my little back yard and it's an evergreen LOL

Tyl ~ Watched American Horror - Coven but haven't seen the finale yet...did you see season 2? Just wondering if I should order the DVD, missed the whole thing somehow

I'm getting back on track after the kids' visit...over-did the carbs but managed to get in a couple more sledding sessions in. The grandson is growing like a weed, next winter he'll need his own sled!
Old 01-31-2014, 06:08 AM   #599
I'm his Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyl View Post

I haven't watched tv for about a month now. I've been reading the Harry Potter novels and absolutely loved them. Watched all the films too, recently.

I plan on watching some tv this weekend. Downton Abbey is on my DVR!
Old 01-31-2014, 06:15 PM   #600
Tyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjwalsh View Post
Me too!!! Love Criminal Minds but I watch for Joe Mantegna ~ fell in love when he was in Joan of Arcadia - remember that one?!

Caught a couple of episodes of Treehohouse Masters, omigosh ~ those people must have serious cash to spare!!! But I'm with you, I want one also but only have one tree in my little back yard and it's an evergreen LOL

Tyl ~ Watched American Horror - Coven but haven't seen the finale yet...did you see season 2? Just wondering if I should order the DVD, missed the whole thing somehow

I'm getting back on track after the kids' visit...over-did the carbs but managed to get in a couple more sledding sessions in. The grandson is growing like a weed, next winter he'll need his own sled!
Yes season two was my least favorite but still pretty good!

Quote:
Tyl....if you're into Netflix, check out Continuum.....they have all of the first 2 seasons on Netflix and it is FABULOUS! I'm not much of a Sci-Fi person, but this series has a GREAT story line and great characters!
Putting it on the queue! Thanks
Quote:
I dunno what tree house masters is but I'm intrigued