Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2013, 11:31 PM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kjwalsh
Stats: 205/150/140
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaniem View Post
Woo hoo our group is growing! I went out today and got some shiny new calendars and other motivational things that I am looking forward to using during the 8 weeks.
I bought a notebook to write everything in and I loooove the sticker idea too!!!
kjwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-2013, 11:34 PM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kjwalsh
Stats: 205/150/140
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Jeanie, I love all your visual aides! I am a very visual person too so I totally get it. I have a jar of stones I, using that represent pounds lost and it really has helped my motivation. I'll have to post a picture of my jar and post it in the morning.
another great idea!

Yes! Post a picture
kjwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 06:09 AM   #33
Tyl
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Tyl
Stats: Working on it!
WOE: LC
Start Date: Sept 2008/Again Dec. 30, 2013
I wanna see the stone jar too!

Hope everyone is ready for the challenge Start tomorrow!!!'
Tyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 06:19 AM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sammi
Stats: 261/225/140
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: July 2013
:I have a huge yearly calendar on my fridge. I can see all the months at one time. It is a dry erase one. I will monitor my workouts and eating plan and weight loss with either magnets or stickers or even different color pens. On the fridge It will be in plain sight, big and bold where I will see it everyday. I write motivational sayings on it. I am very excited about this challenge .
Sammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 06:20 AM   #35
Tyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammi View Post
:I have a huge yearly calendar on my fridge. I can see all the months at one time. It is a dry erase one. I will monitor my workouts and eating plan and weight loss with either magnets or stickers or even different color pens. On the fridge It will be in plain sight, big and bold where I will see it everyday. I write motivational sayings on it. I am very excited about this challenge .
Very cool! I am loving everyone's creativity and looking forward to some tough love!!!!!!
Old 12-28-2013, 07:04 AM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sarahatl
WOE: No Flour No Sugar
Start Date: May 2013
Oh I am in! This is just the challenge I need and I think I can do 8 weeks.
Name: Sally
Why this challenge? What is motivation ? I need accountability. Prediabetes is motivation.
What type of exercise? Running
Are you are from: Georgia

Last edited by sarahatl; 12-28-2013 at 07:07 AM..
sarahatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 07:44 AM   #37
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kjsurgtech
Stats: 224/214/185 5'9"
WOE: healthier way of eating
Start Date: Sept. 2011, Dec. 2013
I will probably use this weekly organizer I made with my daughter. You can write on the glass with a dry erase marker. It was a collage picture frame. Instead of pictures I placed scrapbook paper with the days of the week printed on it.

Also thinking about changing to the JUDDD plan. Does anyone know anything about this plan? I have been researching all morning.

Kiki
Attached Images
File Type: jpg picture.jpg (21.2 KB, 17 views)
kjsurgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 07:47 AM   #38
Tyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahatl View Post
Oh I am in! This is just the challenge I need and I think I can do 8 weeks.
Name: Sally
Why this challenge? What is motivation ? I need accountability. Prediabetes is motivation.
What type of exercise? Running
Are you are from: Georgia
You don't think! You KNOW you can do 8 weeks!!!! Welcome!
Old 12-28-2013, 07:51 AM   #39
Tyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjsurgtech View Post
I will probably use this weekly organizer I made with my daughter. You can write on the glass with a dry erase marker. It was a collage picture frame. Instead of pictures I placed scrapbook paper with the days of the week printed on it.

Also thinking about changing to the JUDDD plan. Does anyone know anything about this plan? I have been researching all morning.

Kiki
More creativity!!!! Love it and it's already pretty lol I'm so not good at making things look pretty!

I did JUDDD a couple yrs ago. There is a lot of info on the juddd part of this board. I think I purchased the book back then too. It's a fairly easy plan once u get in the flow. I liked I didn't feel deprived because I could eat what I wanted every other day. I didn't stay on it because I have a history of being a plan hopper. Lol good luck w whatever u decide. This could b a good 8 week window to give it a go!

Cut the Crap take 2: sw:276.4 cw: 259.6 Pts: 84!
For 8 weeks I made 84 positive choices!
CTC begins again on 3/2 join us!
Old 12-28-2013, 11:26 AM   #40
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
A stumble last night and tonight is date night which includes dinner and a movie..... So, with that I am getting my plan in place and prepping all day today so tomorrow is clean and on the mark. I'm not going to beat myself up for the last couple days or for tonight.... I figure the fact that my New Year's Eve is going to be clean including no alcohol is a great start to this year! I'm ready!

So looking forward to seeing what we can all do in 8 weeks. Hopefully we can keep repeating this cycle for the entire year! Can you imagine where we will be if we keep it up all year long?!?

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 12:10 PM   #41
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/138.6/?
WOE: lc
Love all the motivation and creativity! 8 weeks from not we all will be be slimmer and healthier!
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 02:44 PM   #42
Tyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
A stumble last night and tonight is date night which includes dinner and a movie..... So, with that I am getting my plan in place and prepping all day today so tomorrow is clean and on the mark. I'm not going to beat myself up for the last couple days or for tonight.... I figure the fact that my New Year's Eve is going to be clean including no alcohol is a great start to this year! I'm ready!

So looking forward to seeing what we can all do in 8 weeks. Hopefully we can keep repeating this cycle for the entire year! Can you imagine where we will be if we keep it up all year long?!?
Enjoy your date night!!!! Great job w prep!
Old 12-28-2013, 03:10 PM   #43
Big Yapper!!!!

Lace up your sneakers and stock your fridge ladies, tomorrow is Day 1 of our 8 week journey to better health and fitness
Old 12-28-2013, 03:14 PM   #44
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: spcdcider
Challenge Accepted

Name: Kate G
What plan are you following? Atkins for 3 weeks for jumpstart then Belly Fat Cure. Drinking lots of water.
Why this challenge? What's your motivation? Can not fit in clothes and I do not want to be on BP meds
What type of exercise do you do? Treadmill first 2 weeks than add my elliptical along yoga for stretching
What part of the country are you in? East Coast, Marylands Eastern Shore
spcdcider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 04:02 PM   #45
Tyl

Quote:
Lace up your sneakers and stock your fridge ladies, tomorrow is Day 1 of our 8 week journey to better health and fitness
Woooooooo hooooooo!

Old 12-28-2013, 04:55 PM   #46
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jhope
Stats: 170/152/120
WOE: ketogenic w/ a touch of atkins
Start Date: June 2013, it's been a bumpy ride.
Name: Teresa

What plan are you following? Low carb/ketogenic/paleo... they're all the same. No refined grains or sugars.

Why this challenge? Why this challenge? I'm glad you asked! Someone mentioned it to me I thought, "why the hell not" (as most my thoughts come to me lately).

What's your motivation? I think I just need more to this whole thing. Ya know, make it fun and not feel grueling. Plus, I've eaten crap lately, so I need to cut it out. PLUS, I like my numbers, keeping tally on my eating and exercise will be an interesting turn.

What type of exercise do you do? Any type, I don't use any machines. Not even weights (if needed I'll use one of my textbooks, but those are never enough). YouTube is a wonderful source for all kinds of workout videos (fitnessblender is my favorite channel). I like HIIT workouts though, I used to hate sweating but now I see it as an accomplishment. If I don't sweat I didn't work hard enough. During the warmer times I incorporate more walking, about three hours each night, give or take.

What part of the country are you in? New Jersey!

Yup yup, let's do this~
jhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 07:57 AM   #47
Tyl

It's on folks! Leave your crap at the door. Plan, focus, rinse, repeat! 8 weeks is gonna pass no matter what, where will u be at the end of it!!!!!!!
Old 12-29-2013, 09:03 AM   #48
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bobbin
WOE: High fat, moderate protein, low carb
I'm excited to join this challenge!! We will be victorious.

Name: Barb

What plan are you following? LC general - no sugar, starch, beans or fruit. I'm tracking my food using an online calculator for this 8 week period, and my ultimate goal is 20 or less net carbs.

Why this challenge? What's your motivation? I've degenerated from following 2 strict rules (no sugar/no starch ever), to having an occasional treat, to a non stop addictive food train and gained 30 of the 50 I lost in 2011 back. And I hadn't made it to my original goal in the first place!! Also, I have developed severe pain and even some numbness and tingling in my left foot, which I am sure is tied to sugary processed foods, stopping my regular exercise routine, and gaining weight. I actually started back up yesterday, and it feels a little bit better! I want to be able to walk my dog without pain.

What type of exercise do you do? Yoga (starting back up with the easy, stretchy stuff, would like to work back up to also doing power yoga by the end of this 8 weeks) I will also swim laps at least once a week, and do weights at least twice a week. Short dog walk every morning.

What part of the country are you in? Aurora, Colorado
Old 12-29-2013, 09:21 AM   #49
Tyl

Hey Barb! Just in time! Welcome, Welcome!

My goal is to get into a size 10 again too! We will be much closer to our goals, if we cut the crap!
Old 12-29-2013, 12:01 PM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: happyone
Stats: 166.6/151.8/135 -5'4"
Start Date: restart 11/31/13
Hello everyone, I've been lurking on this thread for the past few days and I finally have the courage to make the commitment to exercise. I can't wait to get to know everyone! I restarted the the beginning of this month and I feel so much better, my back doesn't hurt anymore, my stomach is less bloated, so much more energized, and much happier!

My bro's wedding is this week, so i'm doing strict meat and egg for the next few days until the wedding.

What plan are you following? low carb
Why this challenge? What's your motivation? I want to fit back into my clothes. I've gained so much weight these past two years that a lot of my clothes are too small for me now. =[ I'm going to graduate next spring, and I want to feel confident in my interview clothes.
What type of exercise do you do? I'm a student so i'm pretty stationary. I plan on doing 30 minutes of walking, or 30 day shred
What part of the country are you in? Cali

Last edited by happyone; 12-29-2013 at 12:03 PM..
happyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 12:17 PM   #51
Tyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyone View Post
Hello everyone, I've been lurking on this thread for the past few days and I finally have the courage to make the commitment to exercise. I can't wait to get to know everyone! I restarted the the beginning of this month and I feel so much better, my back doesn't hurt anymore, my stomach is less bloated, so much more energized, and much happier!

My bro's wedding is this week, so i'm doing strict meat and egg for the next few days until the wedding.

What plan are you following? low carb
Why this challenge? What's your motivation? I want to fit back into my clothes. I've gained so much weight these past two years that a lot of my clothes are too small for me now. =[ I'm going to graduate next spring, and I want to feel confident in my interview clothes.
What type of exercise do you do? I'm a student so i'm pretty stationary. I plan on doing 30 minutes of walking, or 30 day shred
What part of the country are you in? Cali
Glad u came out of hiding!!!!!
Old 12-29-2013, 01:52 PM   #52
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyboss7
Stats: 245 / 195 / 140
WOE: Hi Protein / Hi Fat / Low Carb
Start Date: R1 10/19/08 R2 12/26/10 R3 12/28/13
Found you just in time!!!

I'm in!!!! I just started back to my LC food plan this morning and then found you right after lunch.....must be a sign that I'm on the right track!

Name: Tammy
What plan are you following? LC/ Hi Protein / Hi Fat
Why this challenge? What's your motivation? I love the challenge, I need the accountability, AND my Daughter is getting married in April....I need to look good for wedding pics!
What type of exercise do you do? Uhhmmm....that's been one of my CRAP issues, but I will commit to a minimum of 30 minutes of walking at least 3 days per week.
What part of the country are you in? So. Cali

Be the type of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap....she's up"!!

Made it to Onederland 7/1/14!!!
199 190 185 180 175 170 165 160 155 150 145
ladyboss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 03:17 PM   #53
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/108/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Quick scramble to sign-up before it's midnight here in the UK

What plan are you following? JUDDD schedule with a ketogenic Perfect Health for migraine control

Why this challenge? What's your motivation? I've been in maintenance for 6months and this is said to be the time when appetite returns and people report that they regain (according to obesity research). I need to withstand people saying, "One biscuit/meal/day off-plan won't hurt you". (Yes, it would. It can throw the migraine control and take weeks to re-establish that level of fat adaptation.)

What type of exercise do you do? I paddle (mainly kayak - which tends to be sporadic or time-limited at this time of year because of the risk of hypothermia); swim; gym with a personal trainer

What part of the country are you in? UK
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 03:20 PM   #54
Tyl

So glad u guys joined!
Old 12-29-2013, 03:26 PM   #55
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/108/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjsurgtech View Post
Ask anything you want over on LCF's JUDDD forum - lots of helpful posters.

In essence, it's alternate day fasting with calorie restriction or a way of calorie cycling whichever WOE suits you best. (Fasting is at the level that people choose: after the recommended 2 weeks on 500kcals on fast days, some increase, others decrease kcals.)

My DH is still in WLM so we have 3 DD (Down Days or 'fast' days) a week: on both DD and UD (Up Days) I eat according to the principles of a migraine-control ketogenic diet (low carb, moderate protein, high fat).
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 03:35 PM   #56
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyl View Post
It's on folks! Leave your crap at the door. Plan, focus, rinse, repeat! 8 weeks is gonna pass no matter what, where will u be at the end of it!!!!!!!
This challenge is helping me so much already as I sit here and stall getting my workout done
Old 12-29-2013, 03:56 PM   #57
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: btigerj
Start Date: 12/29/2013
Joining too...

Name: jason
What plan are you following? lowcarb
Why this challenge? What's your motivation? I want to get back in shape
What type of exercise do you do? workout videos
What part of the country are you in? Texas
btigerj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 04:05 PM   #58
Tyl

First day check in!

I weighed in 276.4.... Won't see that number ever again!
Took before photos
Completed day 1 of bob greene's 8 week total body makeover (this is three days a week so I'm aiming for Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday)
Ate flawlessly!

No crap here!!!!! How did everyone else do???
Old 12-29-2013, 04:07 PM   #59
Tyl

Quote:
This challenge is helping me so much already as I sit here and stall getting my workout done
Oh Jeanie!!!! My friends and I have this saying: Shut Up And Do It!!!

No crap zone!!!
Old 12-29-2013, 04:07 PM   #60
Tyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by btigerj View Post
Joining too...