Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2014, 04:08 PM   #511
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mrstmitch
Stats: 252/220/150
WOE: Rosedale
Start Date: November 1, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
Morning, y'all! We had a 2 hour delay due to snow...the roads here were dicey in parts b/c they have hardly any snow plows & didn't salt well beforehand. Fun, fun. Lol.

My gym was closed until noon, so that was a no-go this morning.

How are things w/ you?
Blech! So sorry for the weather drama... stay safe!

I'm really grateful for this challenge! It's keeping me motivated.

Another motivation tool is a challenge they're having at work. There's going to be a drawing in the middle of Feb: We get 1 point for every day we do 30 minutes or more of exercise. You get a ticket in the drawing for every 5 points. (in other words, if you get 15 points, it's 3 tickets... 25 points, is 5 tickets, etc.) The winner of the drawing receives a $200 gift card for the Bonneville Springs Spa-- I WANT that gift card! It's been great, because I started out doing 15 minutes of exercise, but with this challenge, I've bumped it up so I can get a point every day--and I think it's really made a difference.

I HOPE that everyone has a way to stay motivated! It sure helps!

Cut the Crap (3) Challenge: week 2: 26 points total

This is me... not giving up!
mrstmitch is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2014, 04:40 PM   #512
I'm his Princess

Gallery: Dedicated
Stats: Goal is a Healthy Weight!
WOE: Clean Eating!
Start Date: Everyday!
Quote:
Morning, y'all! We had a 2 hour delay due to snow...the roads here were dicey in parts b/c they have hardly any snow plows & didn't salt well beforehand. Fun, fun. Lol.

My gym was closed until noon, so that was a no-go this morning.

How are things w/ you?
Glad you're safe! I don't miss snow, at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyboss7 View Post
Good morning all!

Cle, I'm just now starting to get into Thai food....I've never had Red curry....or any kind of curry for that matter....I might have to give that a try!

JG, that is CRAZY weather....stay safe!!

Hope everyone is having a GREAT Hump day! I managed to get in a FABULOUS 30 minute walk this morning before I started work...finally, it's been a few days! Fortunately I do NOT have to deal with the crazy snow and Ice all of the folks in the Midwest and back east have....I'm sending you wishes for Sunshine and blue skies!

I think I'm going to start a fat fast today....my eating has been really good, but I've been wanting to incorporate that into my diet for a while....I think today might be the day!

How's everyone else doing?
I love curry! I was just happy the recipe came out tasty! I found it on show me the curry on youtube.
Dedicated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 06:21 PM   #513
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kjsurgtech
Stats: 224/214/185 5'9"
WOE: healthier way of eating
Start Date: Sept. 2011, Dec. 2013
Another crazy week at work. Worked 13 hours yesterday, and am officially drained. Didn't exercise of course. But trying to stay focused. Thinking about starting Insanity tomorrow... I know thats insane and probably won't get through the whole thing but it worked great for me when I did it the first time.

Also excited about going on a cruise in April. I would love to lose 20 lbs before then. That would be awesome.
kjsurgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 06:26 PM   #514
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjsurgtech View Post
Another crazy week at work. Worked 13 hours yesterday, and am officially drained. Didn't exercise of course. But trying to stay focused. Thinking about starting Insanity tomorrow... I know thats insane and probably won't get through the whole thing but it worked great for me when I did it the first time.

Also excited about going on a cruise in April. I would love to lose 20 lbs before then. That would be awesome.
Actually thats 13 weeks away and if I lose 2 lbs a week that would be 26 lbs. Sounds really doable if you think about it like that.
Old 01-22-2014, 07:31 PM   #515
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyboss7
Stats: 245 / 195 / 140
WOE: Hi Protein / Hi Fat / Low Carb
Start Date: R1 10/19/08 R2 12/26/10 R3 12/28/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjsurgtech View Post
Actually thats 13 weeks away and if I lose 2 lbs a week that would be 26 lbs. Sounds really doable if you think about it like that.
I think that's very doable...you go girl! Where's your cruise to? We've gone on 1 Caribbean cruise....LOVED IT!!!

I had a great day....decided to do a fat fast....it was easier than I expected!! I feel great.....I think I'll do it again tomorrow! Here are my stats today:

1013 Cal / 91% fat / 6% protein / 3 %carbs

ladyboss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 09:45 PM   #516
Tyl
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Tyl
Stats: Working on it!
WOE: LC
Start Date: Sept 2008/Again Dec. 30, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstmitch View Post
Blech! So sorry for the weather drama... stay safe!

I'm really grateful for this challenge! It's keeping me motivated.

Another motivation tool is a challenge they're having at work. There's going to be a drawing in the middle of Feb: We get 1 point for every day we do 30 minutes or more of exercise. You get a ticket in the drawing for every 5 points. (in other words, if you get 15 points, it's 3 tickets... 25 points, is 5 tickets, etc.) The winner of the drawing receives a $200 gift card for the Bonneville Springs Spa-- I WANT that gift card! It's been great, because I started out doing 15 minutes of exercise, but with this challenge, I've bumped it up so I can get a point every day--and I think it's really made a difference.

I HOPE that everyone has a way to stay motivated! It sure helps!
Omg I hope you win!!!!'
Tyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 09:49 PM   #517
Tyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedicated View Post
Where was this? I would love to find some already made!!!

I made Thai Red Curry this weekend and I'm in It's great.
I seriously walked into an Indian market and found it!!! They had several frozen options but I chose pillsbury cuz I wanted to take a pic! Will post it on fb later! Gonna mark a pot of curry chicken this weekend and try it out
Old 01-23-2014, 04:22 AM   #518
I'm his Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyl View Post
I seriously walked into an Indian market and found it!!! They had several frozen options but I chose pillsbury cuz I wanted to take a pic! Will post it on fb later! Gonna mark a pot of curry chicken this weekend and try it out
Yes!!! Post a pic! I'm going to be on the hunt!
Old 01-23-2014, 05:12 AM   #519
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/220.6/215 MiniGoal
WOE: Food logging, exercise
Good morning, ladies!

Tracy, I'm sure you get more than your fair share of snow where you live! I don't mind snow that much, but down here, people don't know how to drive in it b/c we don't get it often.

Cle, yea, I better get used to the snow since I'll be moving to NJ before year's end...Lol!

Happy "Friday Eve" to everyone. I'll admit I've been struggling this week with finding my motivation...I have a hard time in the winter when it's cold b/c it's like I want to go into "hibernation mode." Gotta work on this!

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure. --Bill Cosby

My New Journal
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 07:11 AM   #520
I'm his Princess

Quote:
Good morning, ladies!

Tracy, I'm sure you get more than your fair share of snow where you live! I don't mind snow that much, but down here, people don't know how to drive in it b/c we don't get it often.

Cle, yea, I better get used to the snow since I'll be moving to NJ before year's end...Lol!

Happy "Friday Eve" to everyone. I'll admit I've been struggling this week with finding my motivation...I have a hard time in the winter when it's cold b/c it's like I want to go into "hibernation mode." Gotta work on this!
Are you excited about the move?
Old 01-23-2014, 07:20 AM   #521
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Start Date: 8/22/14
Hey guys, I'm alive After taking a tumble down a flight of stairs last Friday I'm just starting to feel human again.. I landed on my lower back and tailbone so it's slow going over here...

I never got to check in for last week so bear with me as I collect my numbers to stay accountable.. I'm actually thankful that the day I fell was actually a reward day for me so I was able to partake in come comfort food guilt free..I needed it

Week 3: 228.4
Food: 7
Exercise: 3

WK 3: 10 points

TOTAL: 32 points

I'm actually UP (again) from the Sunday prior on the scale... 230.0 I'm guessing from trauma from the fall & dear ole TOM showed up The scale today is going back down again, just .4 up from what I had for last Sunday's weigh in.. Here's hoping this next week goes much better than this one!!!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 07:38 AM   #522
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedicated View Post
Are you excited about the move?
Not necessarily excited about moving to that specific area, but that's mainly b/c it'll be way colder than I prefer. I've never been to NYC -- can you believe that?

We've been browsing places to live online...I will start looking for a job around late May/early June most likely.
Old 01-23-2014, 08:45 AM   #523
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning!

Tracy, your company has the BEST motivation incentives.....I love that!!! I am totally rooting for you to win this next challenge!

JG, Moving from VA to NJ.....that's a big move!! Do you have family up there? You guys can totally keep the snow....I have had enough of that in my life!!

Danielle, welcome back....we've missed you! Glad you're feeling better and on the road to recovery!

I woke up feeling FABULOUS after day 1 of my fat fast.....so I'm going to do it again today! I think maybe for lunch we'll go down and walk on the beach. (Don't hate me snow bunnies!)

Have a great day everyone!!

Be the type of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap....she's up"!!

Made it to Onederland 7/1/14!!!
199 190 185 180 175 170 165 160 155 150 145
Old 01-23-2014, 09:40 AM   #524
Tyl

pal youre moving to NJ?!?! whoa nelly! i'm gonna check out your journal for deets!!

Got up early for the first time all week-got some exercise in! I have been working out before bed because i've been so tired; i'm so glad i can go home tonight and be done! nothing else going on with me--still eating fine and losing-although slowly

Dani- i will take out your scale if u need me to! lol just say the word.
Old 01-23-2014, 09:53 AM   #525
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyboss7 View Post
I think that's very doable...you go girl! Where's your cruise to? We've gone on 1 Caribbean cruise....LOVED IT!!!

I had a great day....decided to do a fat fast....it was easier than I expected!! I feel great.....I think I'll do it again tomorrow! Here are my stats today:

1013 Cal / 91% fat / 6% protein / 3 %carbs

Going to Nassau, Bahamas. Husband and 3 kids. First time on a cruise or out of the country. I have big plans for 2014, time is flying by and its time to focus on ourselves.

So far, having a great day. I have ate on plan and walked up 5 flights of stairs on while on break. Going to do it again before I leave.

Kiki
Old 01-23-2014, 12:04 PM   #526
Blabbermouth!!!

Tammy, thank you love While today is a tough day...I over exerted at some point today so I'm back to hurting a lot... I do feel a lot better than I did 2 days after it happened! The fun part is that I got to do lots of reading and catching up on things I'd been wanting to research online....with NO guilt

Tyl, yes, the scale is mean sometimes I threaten it almost on a daily basis to run it over

Kiki, your cruise sounds amazing!!

Tracey, look at you go with all those incentives at work, that is awesome!!

Jayce, I complain about the weather, but when confronted with the idea of moving somewhere where it really snows and gets cold..I chicken out and say I'll stay put New adventures though, I love that!!!

Cle, You're doing fantastic!
Old 01-23-2014, 01:31 PM   #527
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mrstmitch
Stats: 252/220/150
WOE: Rosedale
Start Date: November 1, 2013
Checking in...

Quote:
Good morning, ladies!

Actually, we don't get much snow here, but a lot of rain! Hope your move to NJ will be a good one. You'll be so close to NYC, you won't have an excuse not to go.

Danielle: SOOOO glad to see you! we've missed you Sorry about your nasty fall! Your body is probably retaining water because of the injuries. You'll be back down in no time

Cle: your curry sounds great! Hubby and I are crazy about it. I usually get the Thai curry in the Asian food section at the grocery store. It's pretty spicy--but we like spicy.

Kiki, sorry you've had to work so many hours! Sounds like the cruise can give you a great incentive to follow the challenge.

Tyl: Glad the scale is being good to you!

Tammy: I'd love to hear about what a fat fast is all about! Glad you feel good after following it!

This morning, I started a Jillian Michaels DVD, and it was just too tough yet. I ended up finishing my workout on the rebounder and doing 10 min. of abs.

HAVE A GREAT DAY, EVERYONE!!
mrstmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 04:01 PM   #528
Major LCF Poster!

Tyl, I am SO IMPRESSED that you exercise in the evening.....when I get home I am DONE....if I didn't get my exercise done in the morning then it just ain't happening!

Kiki, I LOVE the Bahamas!! Ok...if you're stopping in Nassau I can not imagine that a stopping point for your cruise would not be Paradise Island....it's right there....you MUST go to the Atlantis!! We stayed there for a week when they first opened.....it is AMAZING.....especially if you have your kids with you....it's very family friendly. Take the kiddos down to the "the Digs" at Atlantis. it's an underground aquarium that is incredible. They also have a couple of incredible water slides.....seriously you will have a fabulous time...I am so excited for you!!

Tracy, The fat fast was designed for those who are metabolically resistant (which I am) and struggle with ketosis (this time around I am NOT struggling) I'm doing it simply because I've been reading about it and it sounded very interesting and I have learned that my body does respond very well to higher fat percentages. The goal is stay at 1000 Cal. and make sure that 90% of those are fat. Right now, My normal cal range tends to be around 1000 and my fat % is usually 65 - 75%....getting to 90% has been a little bit more of a challenge, but I have to tell you.....I feel really good!! My body seems to be very satiated and content and frankly even a little relieved at having a break from digesting so much "regular" food. The goal of the fat fast is not necessarily to be on a liquid diet, but I've found that as hectic as I am right now at work, it's much easier for me to do this primarily through liquids right now. It's also nice to have a break from thinking about food...and what I can eat, vs what I should avoid etc. I don't entirely know how long I'll keep it up, probably for a couple of days and then transition back to my regular low carb. As long as I feel good I may continue to switch on and off with a fat fast every few weeks or so.

Old 01-23-2014, 06:25 PM   #529
Tyl

Tammy! I only do it at night because I have to. I don't want you guys to have to tell me about myself if I don't exercise! Lol
Old 01-24-2014, 05:06 AM   #530
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning, ladies! I'll be honest -- I am sucking at motivation this week! I have 0 desire to exercise, and I'm blaming it on the cold. I've gotta kick my butt into gear. Grrrr....
Old 01-24-2014, 06:52 AM   #531
Blabbermouth!!!

Happy weekend, lovelies!

I'm so ready to be done with this pain...I want to get going, man!

What's everyone got planned this weekend? I think we're just going out to dinner and then watching movies at home. I think we're going to do some binge-watching of Breaking Bad..... our DS is so disappointed in us that we didn't keep up with it So DH and I will settle in and try to get some episodes watched..

Interesting comment DH made last night... he was standing behind me and he commented that he can tell a definite difference in my shape, especially around my mid-section and my hips.. Really? He said that he can definitely tell I'm losing... Crazy, since I have kinda come to a standstill in regards to losing...my fat must be redistributing somewhere else

J~ hang on, babe!! I hear ya about the motivation...I really have to work at it and keep my head in the game sometimes...even if it means just forcing myself to be here reading everything I can regardless of whether it's not my plan or not...just reading about others staying active and losing helps to keep me going.
Old 01-24-2014, 07:48 AM   #532
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Elaine05
Stats: 210/178/165
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Sept 2011
I didn't have the best week. Too many dinners out or meals without electricity. Hard to do low carb in those situations and I failed pretty miserably. However on the up side I have finished weening off meds, and today is a new day!!
This weekend I'm up north listening to the wind blow. Got up here just in time for a winter storm. Probably won't be doing as much snow-shoeing as planned, not through the woods in this wind--but I will have a wonderful weekend curled up by the wood burning stove.
A few years ago I made a bunch of hypnosis sessions for myself. I'm going to plug in my Ipod and start with them again. I dealt mostly with slowing eating, self-image and food choices. They worked pretty well. Not sure if I"m ever hypnotized but they sure make me aware of choices. I'm thinking I could use that about now.
Have a wonderful weekend everyone.
Elaine
Elaine05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 07:50 AM   #533
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Elaine05
Stats: 210/178/165
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Sept 2011
Tammy, I've done the fat fast before and I liked it. If I don't get into ketosis again, I think I might just give it another try. With the meds and everything my body might just use a metabolic kick in the butt. Thanks for reminding me of that option.
Elaine05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 12:37 PM   #534
Major LCF Poster!

JG, I'm right there with you on the exercise thing....this week it has been SO TOUGH to get any walking in....things have been very hectic at work...which is an excuse, I know.....but it's true...

Danielle, isn't it great when the hubby starts noticing?? My husband said the same thing yesterday....it's so encouraging to get those compliments!!

Elaine, I'm loving the fat fast! Today is day 3, and I think I'll start transitioning back to my regular low carb eating tomorrow....but I've enjoyed this so much that I think I may incorporate into to my WOE intermittently, at least keep shaking things up a little.

How's everyone else doing today? TGIF!!!!
Old 01-24-2014, 01:39 PM   #535
I'm his Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Hey guys, I'm alive After taking a tumble down a flight of stairs last Friday I'm just starting to feel human again.. I landed on my lower back and tailbone so it's slow going over here...

I never got to check in for last week so bear with me as I collect my numbers to stay accountable.. I'm actually thankful that the day I fell was actually a reward day for me so I was able to partake in come comfort food guilt free..I needed it

Week 3: 228.4
Food: 7
Exercise: 3

WK 3: 10 points

TOTAL: 32 points

I'm actually UP (again) from the Sunday prior on the scale... 230.0 I'm guessing from trauma from the fall & dear ole TOM showed up The scale today is going back down again, just .4 up from what I had for last Sunday's weigh in.. Here's hoping this next week goes much better than this one!!!
Glad you're alive!!!

Quote:
Not necessarily excited about moving to that specific area, but that's mainly b/c it'll be way colder than I prefer. I've never been to NYC -- can you believe that?

We've been browsing places to live online...I will start looking for a job around late May/early June most likely.
Yeah...hate the cold so I understand. I'm the queen of moving so I get it. Hopefully you all find a great comfortable place. You're doing big things!!!

How many weeks til I see you?
Old 01-24-2014, 01:41 PM   #536
I'm his Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstmitch View Post
Actually, we don't get much snow here, but a lot of rain! Hope your move to NJ will be a good one. You'll be so close to NYC, you won't have an excuse not to go.

Cle: your curry sounds great! Hubby and I are crazy about it. I usually get the Thai curry in the Asian food section at the grocery store. It's pretty spicy--but we like spicy.

HAVE A GREAT DAY, EVERYONE!!
I'm looking for ways to keep my meals fun and interesting! Good to hear you like it too!
Old 01-24-2014, 03:42 PM   #537
Tyl

Danni--those inches are coming off!!!! when are u gonna measure again?

JG you can do it babe!

elaine---no electricity!?!? yep thats totally understandable!!

I had my follow up appt with my doc, she was very happy with me and my results. She took measurments today too so we have that to compare next time too! She wants me to continue what i've been doing--she made my minimum exercise requirement 4 days/week instead of 3 and wants me to work on my water intake (i've been working so hard at work that i dont drink my water so i dont have to get up all the time to go potty); we are almost at the half way point! i'm gonna take halfway picks tomorrow!

Cut the Crap take 2: sw:276.4 cw: 259.6 Pts: 84!
For 8 weeks I made 84 positive choices!
CTC begins again on 3/2 join us!
Old 01-25-2014, 05:49 AM   #538
I'm his Princess

Good for you Tyl! What's the half way point?
Old 01-25-2014, 05:50 AM   #539
I'm his Princess

I'm having some peeps over today and I'm looking to make about three low calorie appetizers. I'm going to make sweet potato chips and I need two other ideas. Off to pintrest and google I go!
Old 01-25-2014, 05:56 AM   #540
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/105/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Week 4

Sunday 19 Jan
Weight: 122.8lbs
WOE: ate on plan for a MD
Exercise: 1.5hr kayak session in swimming pool

Monday 20 Jan
WOE: ate on plan for DD
Exercise: kayaking cancelled because of weather again

Tuesday 21 Jan
Weight: 122.2lbs
WOE: ate on plan for UD
Exercise: 1hr weight training

Wednesday 22 Jan
Weight: 123.6lbs
Exercise: rest day

Thursday 23 Jan
Weight: DNW
WOE: ate on plan for UD
Exercise: 1hr swimming pool kayak practice

Friday 24 Jan
Weight: 123.0lbs
Exercise: rest day

Saturday 25 Jan
WOE: scheduled UD
Exercise: 3hrs kayaking outdoors

Looks like a number of us are fighting off CTC gremlins. Famous radio skit in the UK.
Quote:
Where's that British resolve and Stiff Upper Lip?
Flapping about above my loose, flabby chin...
Reminding myself to CTC

Sept 2014 A recent DXA scan reported very low muscle mass (sarcopenia) so I'm still thinking about how to cope with that. I have some joint surgery to schedule. I may miss questions that people ask me or personals. Apologies if I do, it's not intentional.

Last edited by SlowSure; 01-25-2014 at 05:58 AM..
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote