Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2014, 11:19 PM   #361
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mrstmitch
Stats: 252/220/150
WOE: Rosedale
Start Date: November 1, 2013
Successful day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedicated View Post
So swamped today but I wanted to check in. Ate on plan...no time to work out, as I've been working 18 hour days. for me
18-hour days?? Girlfriend, my prayers are with you! (I think an 18-hour workday counts as a workout in of itself!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl
Tracy- my DH loves macadamia nuts. It's a bad thing to have too many in the house Callanetics.... Wow I haven't done that in eons. Matter a fact I think the workouts I have are on VHS please tell me they're on DVD now!
Danielle, yes, I fooled myself into thinking that I could buy a Costco-sized bag of macadamia nuts and be in control of eating too many of them-- WRONG!!

Actually, yes, all the Callanetics workouts are on DVD. Sometimes you can find super good deals for them on ebay or Amazon.

I Actually did it! Crap free day for me today! I followed through and did an entire hour of Callanetics and stayed on plan!

Cut the Crap (3) Challenge: week 2: 26 points total

This is me... not giving up!
mrstmitch is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2014, 01:28 AM   #362
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/108/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Week 2

Sunday 5 Jan

Weight: 124.6lbs
WOE: ate on plan for a MD
Exercise: 1.5hrs kayak session in swimming pool

Monday 6 Jan
WOE: ate on plan for DD
Exercise: rest day with a few sets of dips

Tuesday 7 Jan
Weight: 124.2lbs
WOE: ate on plan for UD
Exercise: 1 hr weight training

Wednesday 8 Jan
Weight: 123.6lbs
Exercise: rest day

Thursday 9 Jan
Weight: 123.2lbs
Exercise: kayaking cancelled so unintended rest day

Sept 2014 A recent DXA scan reported very low muscle mass (sarcopenia) so I'm still thinking about how to cope with that. I have some joint surgery to schedule. I may miss questions that people ask me or personals. Apologies if I do, it's not intentional.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 07:56 AM   #363
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Elaine05
Stats: 210/178/165
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Sept 2011
oK, I'm bummed out. I've been eating well all week and I've swam for a little more than 4 hours total. I use the "lose it" app to track cal/carbs and I'm well below 20 carbs and 1500 calories and that is without adding the swimming. When the swimming is added it is like 50 calories a day. I'm solidly in ketosis. So today I get on the scale and I'm UP TWO POUNDS! How can that even be? This is just depressing. I don't think I will EVER weight myself again! Have any of you ever experienced anything like this? It is only week one so I wonder if it will all shake out in another week? Any advice or experiences to share?
Elaine05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 07:57 AM   #364
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Start Date: 8/22/14
Proud of you girls! Kickin' butt & taking names!

Another good food day in the books and another workout completed yesterday. Rest day today along with my Reward Day... not sure what kind of fun we'll get into today...I'm pretty beat just from playing nurse all week long.. DS left yesterday afternoon back to University.. that was a sad moment. I hate when he has to leave me He'll always be 2 to me

Week 2:
Weight 228.4
Eating: 5
Exercise: 3
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 08:10 AM   #365
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyboss7
Stats: 245 / 195 / 140
WOE: Hi Protein / Hi Fat / Low Carb
Start Date: R1 10/19/08 R2 12/26/10 R3 12/28/13
TGIF!!

Good morning! It's FRIDAY!!!

Yay Tracy for a crap free day!!!

Yay Tyl for skipping the dessert!! (If it was chocolate, then double yay!!)

Gina, the thought of you running loose as a werewolf here on the Cali coast is too funny!!

Well I did not get my walk in this morning....I may fit it in later....I may give myself a rest day....we'll see what happens! Eating will be on plan, that's not a problem. You know, I have found that my appetite is seriously decreasing!! I am eating half portions of things and feeling great....I LOVE this.....I don't remember that happening before!!! It sure may things easier!

How's everyone else doing??

Be the type of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap....she's up"!!

Made it to Onederland 7/1/14!!!
199 190 185 180 175 170 165 160 155 150 145
ladyboss7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 08:18 AM   #366
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine05 View Post
oK, I'm bummed out.... Have any of you ever experienced anything like this? It is only week one so I wonder if it will all shake out in another week? Any advice or experiences to share?
It happens on a regular basis, there are various reasons why working out can mask weight loss.

Amongst the usual suspects, I like reddarin's summary:
Quote:
To paraphrase the esteemed Dr. Phinney....

Everyone has a 'window' of weight. The body is fairly lax about how much fluid it retains at any given time and this is generally about 4 pounds worth.

Think of it as one of those horizontal lava doodads with the blue fluid doing a seesaw motion.

So.

You are kicking butt and shedding weight. You weigh in at the low point on the seesaw with your fluid balance low.

A day or a week goes by and you weigh in again. You *have* lost 2 pounds. *But* the seesaw of fluid is now at its high end completely masking your 2 pounds and possibly even showing a gain.

The next day you weigh in again, having lost another .5 pound off your body for real but the blue fluid has tilted to its low end this time and WHOOSH you see a 5 pound drop!

That is why daily weigh ins are interesting but if you happen to be blessed with a wildly tilting blue doodad you are gonna have baffling daily, even weekly, weigh ins. Depending on how fine tuned your way of eating is and how fast or slow you lose weight, Phinney even pushed it out to a full month of this phenomenon masking a net loss - 1 pound a week lost for 4 pounds total for the month but your lava machine is tilted to the high point and you see a disappointing scale reading. No weight lost on the scale or even a few ounces gained.
For people who aren't familiar with Dr Phinney, he's a researcher in nutritional ketosis, alongside Dr Volek.
Old 01-10-2014, 08:20 AM   #367
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

On the topic of weight loss and exercise, I should state up front that I firmly believe that exercise has tremendous value in many ways - for the cardiovascular system, for mood management, lots of reasons.

However, exercise can sometimes mask weight loss and this is dispiriting for some people (it has been for me in the past). Key points are:
  • public health advice is applied to a whole population but sometimes has limited application to the individual because of our tremendous variation;
  • it's surprising what we still don't know and that makes the hard and fast wisdom about fat loss more like 'generally useful guidelines'.

TMI follows which (for me) boils down to, "There's an awful lot that is still unknown. It's plausible that for some people, their metabolisms are inflamed when they are shedding their fat stores and they actively try to keep rebuilding them in case they're needed at a later date. It's possible that the immune sysem effects of exercise contribute to or complicate this. Nobody knows why it's possible for moderate-intensity exercise to somehow involve no drop in body weight or fat loss in the event of a calorie deficit. Our bodies are fascinating and far more than simple in-out tubes that can be described with current equations".

Our fat repositories are far more than a storage mechanism, they also function as an independent contributor to our immune systems as well as a key part of our overall immune system:
  • I'm tempted to say irritatingly, but I actually mean that in an intriguing and probably overall good way, our fat and gut contribute to our mood through endo/cannabinoids;
  • based on research over the last 20 years or so, endocannabinoids and cannabinoids seem to be pretty active at the intersection of the body's various systems, facilitating or mediating communication and coordination between their respective cell types. Eg, where there's an injury, cannabinoids will effectively be instructing the messengers calling for help from the injured tissue that they should take a chill pill because they've been heard. They'll dissuade nearby immune cells from continuing to respond with the release of pro-inflammatory substances.
  • the endocannabinoid system is not well understood and research is probably nowhere near comprehending it but it is said to be a dense network which influences our immune system, nervous system, and our body's organs. Journal papers about it tend to have a section where they speculate that its possibly a mechanism that explains how our emotional states influence health or disease. (Who knows if this will be validated or debunked in the future.)
  • whether we are gaining or losing body fat, amongst many other consequences, we have a response that involves our immune system and a complex interplay of promoting inflammation or decreasing inflammation;
  • you can lose body fat but it won't show up for some time because it might have created an inflammatory response in some tissue;
  • you can lose fat from your fat tissue but it can end up being stored as liquid droplets in your liver rather than disposed of (for various fascinating reasons);
  • we do have research that demonstrates that some people just don't lose weight with moderate-intensity exercise - grand though it is for their cardiovascular or emotional health;
  • nobody has a decent explanation as to this notional violation of how this additional calorie expenditure can be expended without raiding our 'calories in' or our fat depots (unless it is that our present scanning/evaluation techniques don't distinguish some degrees of inflammation from fat tissue).

I do have references for most of the above but they're not straightforward to read. Eg: Sun K, Kusminski CM, Scherer PE. Adipose tissue remodeling and obesity J Clin Invest. 2011 Jun;121(6):2094-101. doi: 10.1172/JCI45887 (this is notable for the cheery/intriguing observation: "There are therefore remarkable similarities between adipose expansion and growth of solid tumors, a phenomenon that presents both an opportunity and a challenge, since pharmacological interventions supporting healthy adipose tissue adaptation can also facilitate tumor growth") ;
Johnson NA, Sachinwalla T, Walton DW, et al. Aerobic exercise training reduces hepatic and visceral lipids in obese individuals without weight loss. Hepatology. 2009;50(4):1105–1112.

I thought some of you might find this review interesting: An overview of the contribution of fatness and fitness factors, and the role of exercise, in the formation of health status for individuals who are overweight

And none of the over-detailed response above begins to deal with the notion of whether our current understanding of calories is correct and how we may well be extracting different amounts of calories and nutrients from them. Etc.

Last edited by SlowSure; 01-10-2014 at 08:25 AM..
Old 01-10-2014, 09:37 AM   #368
Tyl
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Tyl
Stats: Working on it!
WOE: LC
Start Date: Sept 2008/Again Dec. 30, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
On the topic of weight loss and exercise, I should state up front that I firmly believe that exercise has tremendous value in many ways - for the cardiovascular system, for mood management, lots of reasons.

However, exercise can sometimes mask weight loss and this is dispiriting for some people (it has been for me in the past). Key points are:
  • public health advice is applied to a whole population but sometimes has limited application to the individual because of our tremendous variation;
  • it's surprising what we still don't know and that makes the hard and fast wisdom about fat loss more like 'generally useful guidelines'.

TMI follows which (for me) boils down to, "There's an awful lot that is still unknown. It's plausible that for some people, their metabolisms are inflamed when they are shedding their fat stores and they actively try to keep rebuilding them in case they're needed at a later date. It's possible that the immune sysem effects of exercise contribute to or complicate this. Nobody knows why it's possible for moderate-intensity exercise to somehow involve no drop in body weight or fat loss in the event of a calorie deficit. Our bodies are fascinating and far more than simple in-out tubes that can be described with current equations".

Our fat repositories are far more than a storage mechanism, they also function as an independent contributor to our immune systems as well as a key part of our overall immune system:
  • I'm tempted to say irritatingly, but I actually mean that in an intriguing and probably overall good way, our fat and gut contribute to our mood through endo/cannabinoids;
  • based on research over the last 20 years or so, endocannabinoids and cannabinoids seem to be pretty active at the intersection of the body's various systems, facilitating or mediating communication and coordination between their respective cell types. Eg, where there's an injury, cannabinoids will effectively be instructing the messengers calling for help from the injured tissue that they should take a chill pill because they've been heard. They'll dissuade nearby immune cells from continuing to respond with the release of pro-inflammatory substances.
  • the endocannabinoid system is not well understood and research is probably nowhere near comprehending it but it is said to be a dense network which influences our immune system, nervous system, and our body's organs. Journal papers about it tend to have a section where they speculate that its possibly a mechanism that explains how our emotional states influence health or disease. (Who knows if this will be validated or debunked in the future.)
  • whether we are gaining or losing body fat, amongst many other consequences, we have a response that involves our immune system and a complex interplay of promoting inflammation or decreasing inflammation;
  • you can lose body fat but it won't show up for some time because it might have created an inflammatory response in some tissue;
  • you can lose fat from your fat tissue but it can end up being stored as liquid droplets in your liver rather than disposed of (for various fascinating reasons);
  • we do have research that demonstrates that some people just don't lose weight with moderate-intensity exercise - grand though it is for their cardiovascular or emotional health;
  • nobody has a decent explanation as to this notional violation of how this additional calorie expenditure can be expended without raiding our 'calories in' or our fat depots (unless it is that our present scanning/evaluation techniques don't distinguish some degrees of inflammation from fat tissue).

I do have references for most of the above but they're not straightforward to read. Eg: Sun K, Kusminski CM, Scherer PE. Adipose tissue remodeling and obesity J Clin Invest. 2011 Jun;121(6):2094-101. doi: 10.1172/JCI45887 (this is notable for the cheery/intriguing observation: "There are therefore remarkable similarities between adipose expansion and growth of solid tumors, a phenomenon that presents both an opportunity and a challenge, since pharmacological interventions supporting healthy adipose tissue adaptation can also facilitate tumor growth") ;
Johnson NA, Sachinwalla T, Walton DW, et al. Aerobic exercise training reduces hepatic and visceral lipids in obese individuals without weight loss. Hepatology. 2009;50(4):1105–1112.

I thought some of you might find this review interesting: An overview of the contribution of fatness and fitness factors, and the role of exercise, in the formation of health status for individuals who are overweight

And none of the over-detailed response above begins to deal with the notion of whether our current understanding of calories is correct and how we may well be extracting different amounts of calories and nutrients from them. Etc.
Lots of great info! Thanks for sharing!

Its been my experience too that exercising can make the scale a bit frustrating... this is when those measurements that dani was talking about not so long ago really comes in handy...

If you are crap free--the results will come.. even if the scale is a total bugger in the meantime!!!
Tyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 10:00 AM   #369
Blabbermouth!!!

[QUOTE=Tyl;16751048]Lots of great info! Thanks for sharing!

Its been my experience too that exercising can make the scale a bit frustrating... this is when those measurements that dani was talking about not so long ago really comes in handy...

If you are crap free--the results will come.. even if the scale is a total bugger in the meantime!!![/QUOTE]

THIS

I remind myself of this every single day. It's the one thing that keeps me going!

Elaine, a few weeks back I began working out for the first time in a very long time...the scale wreaked havoc for weeks. This is not to say that this is what's gonna happen to you..no no no...just letting you know that yes, the scale jumped up a few after I began.. It WILL go back down. Have faith!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
Old 01-10-2014, 10:22 AM   #370
Tyl

[quote=DesertGurl;16751094]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyl View Post
Lots of great info! Thanks for sharing!

If you are crap free--the results will come.. even if the scale is a total bugger in the meantime!!![/QUOTE]

THIS

I remind myself of this every single day. It's the one thing that keeps me going!

Elaine, a few weeks back I began working out for the first time in a very long time...the scale wreaked havoc for weeks. This is not to say that this is what's gonna happen to you..no no no...just letting you know that yes, the scale jumped up a few after I began.. It WILL go back down. Have faith!
and now you are an exercise FREAK! you love it so much!!!

Old 01-10-2014, 10:23 AM   #371
Tyl

technically i am up 2 lbs from my lowest in the challenge...started lifting weights...so i'm good with it... i know my body is gonna be killer when all is said and done!
Old 01-10-2014, 11:48 AM   #372
Blabbermouth!!!

[quote=Tyl;16751128]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post

and now you are an exercise FREAK! you love it so much!!!

Haha! I think it's the first time where I don't mind being called a freak!

Quote:
technically i am up 2 lbs from my lowest in the challenge...started lifting weights...so i'm good with it... i know my body is gonna be killer when all is said and done!
Killer, baby!!!
Old 01-10-2014, 12:34 PM   #373
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mrstmitch
Stats: 252/220/150
WOE: Rosedale
Start Date: November 1, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine05 View Post
oK, I'm bummed out. I've been eating well all week and I've swam for a little more than 4 hours total. I use the "lose it" app to track cal/carbs and I'm well below 20 carbs and 1500 calories and that is without adding the swimming. When the swimming is added it is like 50 calories a day. I'm solidly in ketosis. So today I get on the scale and I'm UP TWO POUNDS! How can that even be? This is just depressing. I don't think I will EVER weight myself again! Have any of you ever experienced anything like this? It is only week one so I wonder if it will all shake out in another week? Any advice or experiences to share?
Elaine, don't let the scale dictate how you feel! I've been on and off the weight loss wagon for many years, and have learned that the scale is an unreliable reflection of how you are doing in your plan. BTW, did you weigh while you were a werewolf?? You probably gained two pounds in fur.

Slowsure: thanks for all that great info. I love reading about the physiological effects of diet and exercise. I noticed you lost a pound this week! CONGRATS! You look great!
mrstmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 01:19 PM   #374
Tyl

[quote=DesertGurl;16751261]
Quote:
Haha! I think it's the first time where I don't mind being called a freak!

Killer, baby!!!

lol obviously i meant freak in the best way possible LOL
Old 01-10-2014, 03:55 PM   #375
Blabbermouth!!!

[quote=Tyl;16751391]
Quote:

lol obviously i meant freak in the best way possible LOL
But of course!
Old 01-11-2014, 12:24 AM   #376
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: vella_marie
Stats: 334.4/315/140
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: 1/3/2014
Hey ladies!

I hope everyone is kicking crap in the behind! I am happy to report that I lost 10 pounds this week I really need to take measurements. I keep saying that I will but always forget. I have been going on walks around campus to get in my exercise. I also avoided temptation. My friends and I went to BJs, one of my favorite resteruant, but I ordered a César salad with no croutons and with blue cheese. The only problem was, they drenched the salad in dressing. I forgot to ask for it on the side. It was like, "can I get some salad with my dressing?" I did keep eyeing the bar though haha.
vella_marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 12:42 AM   #377
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Week 2

Sunday 5 Jan

WOE: ate on plan for a MD
Exercise: 1.5hrs kayak session in swimming pool

Monday 6 Jan
Exercise: rest day with a few sets of dips

Tuesday 7 Jan
Weight: 124.2lbs
Exercise: 1 hr weight training

Wednesday 8 Jan

Thursday 9 Jan
Exercise: kayaking cancelled so unintended rest day

Friday 10 Jan

Saturday 11 Jan
The remainder will reveal itself. Kayaking today then moving to rental
Old 01-11-2014, 01:07 AM   #378
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by weewess View Post
I am down a total of 7 lbs. since my restart, and so pleased that my pants don't hurt any longer!
That's awesome
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedicated View Post
So swamped today but I wanted to check in. Ate on plan...no time to work out, as I've been working 18 hour days. for me
Oh my, I hope your schedule dies down soon. Props for eating on plan with that schedule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyboss7 View Post

Off to a great start this morning, got my walk in bright and early. It'll be a busy day I have to head out to a budget meeting later and I HATE to drive in L.A.......I have said many times since moving here that after living all over the country I have found that Southern Californians are some of the nicest people I've ever met.....UNTIL they get behind the wheel of their car....then all bets are off!!!! Heavens these people really are crazy drivers! Oh well, eating on plan should be no problem, and at least I'll get out of the office for a bit.

Have a great day everyone, I'll check in later tonight!!
I am the nicest person until I get in my car. Before I moved to California, I thought it was an exaggeration. I am not an angry driver because I am in a rush, I get angry because people can't drive!!!!! And lord forbid it rains!! I am use to driving in snow, so rain doesn't phase me but people here freak out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjsurgtech View Post
I am exhausted again today. If I can muster up the strength I will get in a kettlebell workout when I get off work.

Kiki
My husband took my kettle bell away. I am so clumsy. I was always dropping it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbin View Post
Lots of solar flares this week, and they're known to disrupt sleep patterns, or cause sleepiness even if you're well rested.

Last 2 days have been great, on track, tonight is swimming and yoga. Have a great.....what day is it? What day is it????
Quote:
Tracy- my DH loves macadamia nuts. It's a bad thing to have too many in the house Callanetics.... Wow I haven't done that in eons. Matter a fact I think the workouts I have are on VHS please tell me they're on DVD now!
I love macadamia nuts!!!I try not to keep them in the house because I will eat them all. I need to look into callanetics. Never heard of it but it seems to be popular on this message board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post

Thanks for the info!
Old 01-11-2014, 01:54 AM   #379
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kjwalsh
Stats: 205/150/140
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by vella_marie View Post
My husband took my kettle bell away. I am so clumsy. I was always dropping it.

I drop mine too. I'm so accident prone my hubby calls me "BooBoo"

kjwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 02:07 AM   #380
Senior LCF Member

girl scout cookie season is upon us!

Its that time again when I get bombarded by my friends and husbands coworkers to buy girl scout cookies. I really do love the girl scouts so I always try to support them. And lord knows I love the cookies, but I have a strict no junk/ processed foods in the house. Normally we end up with 30+ boxes. My husband may keep 2-3 boxes, but the rest we give away.

This year I was thinking of just donations or telling them to keep the cookies but a friend of mine said that is rude to the girls selling them. I personally do not see it as rude, I see it as free money, but maybe it is?
Old 01-11-2014, 07:36 AM   #381
Blabbermouth!!!

Week 2:
Weight 228.4
Eating: 6
Exercise: 3

Girl scout cookies!!! Say it isn't so!!!

Reward day yesterday but I stayed within my allotment of calories. Skipped the popcorn at the movies because I was so full from dinner. We saw Lone Survivor. Holy smokes that was an intense movie!

Workout planned for this morning to get my day started. Slept in kinda late today so I'm playing catch up around here. I can't believe we're at the end of the 2nd week already! Go us!
Old 01-11-2014, 10:52 AM   #382
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstmitch View Post
Elaine, BTW, did you weigh while you were a werewolf?? You probably gained two pounds in fur.

Vella Marie, that is AWESOME about your 10 pound loss! And yes, the drivers here are much worse in the rain, I'm glad I don't have to get out into traffic more than I do!! And I personally do not think it's rude to donate money and not take the cookies, I think it's very generous!

Danielle, great job staying in your allotment on your bonus day!

Well I'm all geared up and ready for Saturday!! Yesterday was good, food was fine, I never did get my walk in I was too busy....so that goes down as a rest day. I should have no trouble getting my walk in today as it's a gorgeous sunny & 70 degrees....maybe I can talk hubby into a nice walk on the beach before the playoffs start?!?! (don't hate me!)

How's everyone else doing today?
Old 01-11-2014, 01:49 PM   #383
Tyl

Quote:
Hey ladies!

I hope everyone is kicking crap in the behind! I am happy to report that I lost 10 pounds this week I really need to take measurements. I keep saying that I will but always forget. I have been going on walks around campus to get in my exercise. I also avoided temptation. My friends and I went to BJs, one of my favorite resteruant, but I ordered a César salad with no croutons and with blue cheese. The only problem was, they drenched the salad in dressing. I forgot to ask for it on the side. It was like, "can I get some salad with my dressing?" I did keep eyeing the bar though haha.
woooooooooooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Congrats lady!!! Awesome work!
Old 01-11-2014, 01:52 PM   #384
Tyl

Quote:
Its that time again when I get bombarded by my friends and husbands coworkers to buy girl scout cookies. I really do love the girl scouts so I always try to support them. And lord knows I love the cookies, but I have a strict no junk/ processed foods in the house. Normally we end up with 30+ boxes. My husband may keep 2-3 boxes, but the rest we give away.

This year I was thinking of just donations or telling them to keep the cookies but a friend of mine said that is rude to the girls selling them. I personally do not see it as rude, I see it as free money, but maybe it is?
I saw the girl scouts out in front of stores today... No Crap...no crap... no crap!

I love gs cookies! I was a junior way back in the day...nostalgia!
Old 01-11-2014, 04:13 PM   #385
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/166/175 Trying again...223/211/146 5'7
WOE: Misc.
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
So many posts since I checked in last! Lots of crap-curting going on!

I'll post my final numbers tomorrow, but so far I am 6 for food and 4 for exercise.

I got a great workout in today finally. I went to my first run with my training group this morning. It was fun, but I got a little mixed up. We met at the running store that is about a half mile from a park. There are three pace groups- one for under 11:00 minute mile, one for over 11:00 mm runners or interval runners (that was my group) and a walking group. I thought we were walking to the park and would start running there, but it turns out I got mixed up in the walk group and lost my peeps. Oh well, I made it.

It didn't feel like I had done enough so I came home and did a few more miles around my neighborhood. I did a total of 6.7 miles and probably ran 2.5 of it. My longest run/walk so far and my foot feels good.

3/24/14- She is Beautiful 10k- I won!, 7/27/14- Wharf to Wharf (6 miles)- I won!
9/14/14- Title 9K- I won!
11/9/14- Surfer's Path 10K, 4/12/15- Santa Cruz Half Marathon

*My definition of win: I didn't quit, didn't throw up, and they didn't close the course on me.
GME is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 04:56 PM   #386
Major LCF Poster!

Gina, WOW....6.7 miles?? I have really got to start tracking my walks.....that sounds like WAY more than what I'm walking.....and I only run if I'm being chased....which thankfully does not typically happen!

You guys, I made the YUMMIEST chicken for dinner!! I found a recipe on Linda Sue's website for Alice Springs Chicken.....O.M.G.....of course it's hard to go wrong with grilled chicken topped with crispy bacon crumbles, sautéed mushrooms and cheese! My hubby loved it and said definitely keep it on the menu rotation!!

I had a good walk today, so I should be at 12 points this week, 7 for food and 5 for exercise.....I'll post officially tomorrow once today is a done deal!

How'd everyone else do?
Old 01-11-2014, 05:53 PM   #387
Tyl

Cut the Crap week 2 results:
Name: week 2/total pt

Chantyl: 11/23
Old 01-11-2014, 06:06 PM   #388
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/166/175 Trying again...223/211/146 5'7
WOE: Misc.
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyboss7 View Post
Gina, WOW....6.7 miles?? I have really got to start tracking my walks.....that sounds like WAY more than what I'm walking.....and I only run if I'm being chased....which thankfully does not typically happen!
I track with a free app called RunKeeper. If you have a smartphone it is as easy as can be.

I used to be a distance runner before a foot surgery a year ago. I am usually miserable for the first couple miles of a run, then the rest are almost zen-like so I have to ramp up my mileage to get to the good part. I am running intervals now to try to get back into shape and working on time on my feet by walking when I am done running. AND all the time I am out running or walking is time I am NOT eating snacks (although I am probably thinking about snacks).
GME is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 06:32 PM   #389
Blabbermouth!!!

Vella~ congrat's on your losses!

Gina~ wowzers, great exercise today!

Tammy~ that chicken sounds yummo! Haven't tried that one before

Tyl~ run away from the GS! RUN!

Me~ Just finished my food for the day.. I felt hungry all day today, but then, I always do the day after reward day on top of LC/Lower Cals... Just glad I survived it! 3mile walk done + 1 gallon of water done.

Cut the Crap week 2 results:
Name: week 2/total pt

Chantyl: 11/23
Danielle: 11/22
Old 01-11-2014, 06:51 PM   #390
Major LCF Poster!

Week 2 results