Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2014, 06:05 AM   #331
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Elaine05
Stats: 210/178/165
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Sept 2011
As a late starter I'm a little unsure of the "rules". Do we report points each day or is there one day we all report them?
The doc just cleared me to swim again so I'm hoping to start racking up those points. I've been eating on plan but I want more than one little point a day! These negative degrees days kind of put a damper on everything.
Elaine05 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2014, 09:22 AM   #332
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyboss7
Stats: 245 / 195 / 140
WOE: Hi Protein / Hi Fat / Low Carb
Start Date: R1 10/19/08 R2 12/26/10 R3 12/28/13
Elaine, You don't have to report the points daily....some people like the accountability of doing so, so if you want to then go for it! We normally report our totals for the week on Saturday / Sunday. Saturday is the end of the week and Sunday kicks off our next week.

Vella, awesome job on the loss girl....and the 4.2 mile walk....intentional or not it's still great exercise!

Great start to the morning so far, got a terrific 30 minute walk in before work, so I am ready for the day!! I'll check in later, everyone have a great hump day!!!

Be the type of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap....she's up"!!

Made it to Onederland 7/1/14!!!
199 190 185 180 175 170 165 160 155 150 145
ladyboss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 10:06 AM   #333
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: weewess
Stats: (hi215)173/169/148
WOE: Induction/LC
Start Date: Reboot Dec. 26, 2013
Sorry to be MIA for a few days -- I've been slammed at work.

There's so much success going on here -- it took some time to catch up. Everyone it doing so well! Let's keep that motivation rolling!

I've done super well eating on plan but, like Elaine, the uber-cold weather has wiped out my exercise (walking). I am so jealous of all of you in CA right now.

I'm down a total of 7 lbs. since my restart, and so pleased that my pants don't hurt any longer!
weewess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 10:14 AM   #334
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mrstmitch
Stats: 252/220/150
WOE: Rosedale
Start Date: November 1, 2013
Checking in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GME View Post
Hi All,

A good day in the bag. I went out for 2.5 miles this morning (after sun up, since I had a drs appt and didn't go to work this morning, no clowns and no Chupacabra) and ran at least half of it. I am pleased with myself. I haven't run to speak of in about a year and a half.
Great job with the run, Girlfriend, you rock!

Congrats on the super weight loss, LaVella!

I got up and did one of Jillian Michael's workouts. She's tough, and I was very pleased that I got through the entire thing!

EVERYONE HAVE A GREAT, CRAP-FREE DAY!!
mrstmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 01:48 PM   #335
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/105/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Week 2

Sunday 5 Jan

Weight: 124.6lbs
WOE: ate on plan for a MD
Exercise: 1.5hrs kayak session in swimming pool

Monday 6 Jan
Weight: 124.6lbs
WOE: ate on plan for DD
Exercise: rest day with a few sets of dips

Tuesday 7 Jan
Weight: 124.2lbs
WOE: ate on plan for UD
Exercise: 1 hr weight training

Wednesday 8 Jan
Weight: 123.6lbs
WOE: ate on plan for DD
Exercise: rest day
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 03:55 PM   #336
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Start Date: 8/22/14
Quote:
I can't believe you have kids that old. You look like a young-un'!
Oh, you're a sweetie! Yep, 21,19 and 17.. I do not know what I will do with myself when the baby graduates high school this year! It's gone SO fast! Mentally I feel like a 20yo...I probably act more like a 16yo Physically, my body lets me know EXACTLY how old I am!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbin View Post
Hi there!!

Danielle - I did start swimming last week, I'm lucky my gym has a great pool. It also has a giant hot tub next to it, where all of the shirtless older men like to congregate to chat between steams, lol. I kinda feel like I'm on display walking out there, but what ever. I really love to swim!! I especially love to meditate while I'm doing my laps.

So, another day in the can yesterday - work out too, so my total rises to 4 for the week. Have a great day everyone!
Oh my! I dunno if I could do that...you're much braver than me! I love that weightless feeling swimming gives you..soooo relaxing!
--------------------------

DD17 got really sick at around 2am and I ended up being up all night, watched the sun come up and then I crashed for about 90 min.. I am one tired puppy today!

I gotta say, I had to run into the grocery store for some popsicles for the sickie and for whatever reason, man o man o man I wanted to justify some junk food.. All I can think is it's cause i'm just exhausted...that feeling of hunkering down with something carby and totally illegal = comfort? I flew out of there in a heartbeat and beat feet home!

Needless to say, I did not get a workout in today. I'm afraid I'll hurt myself cause I'm so sleepy Food, however, has been awesome!

I'm so proud of all of our progress here! You girls rock!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 04:43 PM   #337
I'm his Princess

Gallery: Dedicated
Stats: Goal is a Healthy Weight!
WOE: Clean Eating!
Start Date: Everyday!
So swamped today but I wanted to check in. Ate on plan...no time to work out, as I've been working 18 hour days. for me
Dedicated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 07:15 PM   #338
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/166/175 Trying again...223/206/146 5'7
WOE: JUDDD/Gluten & Dairy Free
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
Why am I not a princess? This pesky need for an income is getting in the way of my exercise. I had a day-long meeting today and then had errands to run for work tomorrow and didn't get home until after dark (and we all know I'm not running then). I walked around the parking lot at lunch, but I can't in good conscience count that as a workout. Food was good though.

Danielle, I'm sorry your daughter is sick. My kids are 20 and 17 (he is a senior this year too).
GME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 07:52 PM   #339
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Why am I not a princess? This pesky need for an income is getting in the way of my exercise. I had a day-long meeting today and then had errands to run for work tomorrow and didn't get home until after dark (and we all know I'm not running then). I walked around the parking lot at lunch, but I can't in good conscience count that as a workout. Food was good though.

Danielle, I'm sorry your daughter is sick. My kids are 20 and 17 (he is a senior this year too).
Gina, I ask myself that same thing all the time!!

Danielle, get your rest....this is MUCH harder to do when you're tired.....I know first hand!! My kiddos are 20, 24, & 34 (stepson, but I helped raise him for the last 27 years, so I claim him!) I an so glad that they can take care of themselves now when they're sick!! (although they still want mama to take care of them! )

Hi Weewess, glad to see you checking in....GREAT JOB on your loss!!

How's everyone else doing? I had a great day.....2 points for me! See you all tomorrow!
Old 01-09-2014, 05:03 AM   #340
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/220.6/215 MiniGoal
WOE: Food logging, exercise
Good morning, ladies!

Everyone seems to be chuggin' right along and making great progress. Way to go!

I feel really good this morning, and I attribute that to good eating choices yesterday & exercise. I also started reading the Choose More, Lose More book that Danielle's following, and I'm liking it so far. Chris Powell is very encouraging & talks a lot about the inner stuff we deal with which contributes to the weight gain.

It's warmer here today, so that made me happy when I left the house at 5 a.m. to go to the gym...I hope those of you in colder climates are getting some relief! As for the ones in warmer areas, well, I'm jealous! LOL.

ETA: Tracy, great job on the Jillian Michaels workout. She is no joke!

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure. --Bill Cosby

My New Journal

Last edited by Jayce; 01-09-2014 at 05:05 AM..
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 06:51 AM   #341
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Elaine05
Stats: 210/178/165
Start Date: Sept 2011
I finally got into ketosis yesterday, which always makes my life easier. I had a good long swim, slept like a rock and am ready to go this morning. I think this challenge was just what I needed. No excuses, just a "do it" attitude. Even tried to take the dog for a walk. Turns out I can't walk in 2 feet of snow, but I did stand around and throw sticks for her, so she's happy too.

Danielle: Some days are easier than others and yours are pretty trying right now. I once read about how sleep depravation was used on prisoners of war. All I could think is "that is how I've lived ever since I started this parenting game." Where was the Geneva Convention when I needed it? But I will say, you hanging in there is kind of inspirational to me.
Gina: personally I wanted to be a werewolf, not a Princess. Werewolves seem to have to eat all the time and are alway lean and strong--and if you read the right books they seem to live about forever.
Elaine
Elaine05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 06:56 AM   #342
Tyl
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Tyl
Stats: Working on it!
WOE: LC
Start Date: Sept 2008/Again Dec. 30, 2013
Hello ladies!!!!

Missed you bunches yesterday! Work is super crazy with the start of the new year, but i'm still trudging along!!! My calendar appts look less busy today, so hopefully I can check in throughout the day! I'm back in the office--which is always a distraction- again...wont be at home till Friday.... cannot wait till i'm full time at home--I am so much faster at home! Anyway... Week 2 of Total Body Makeover was interesting... no adjustments this week, I have day two slated for tonight! ttys!
Tyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 07:18 AM   #343
Blabbermouth!!!

Mornin' Ladies! It's Friday Eve!!!

I went to bed fairly early last night and slept like a rock..I woke up at 6 today bright-eyed & bushy-tailed!

DD17 is home again today...thankfully DD19 is feeling better and on the other side of this sick thing.. DS is leaving today to head back to school I love having him home, I'm sure going to miss him!!!

I'm feeling a little sniffly myself this morning I have a workout planned for today and I need to prep some foods for the next coupla days. Looking like rain here so I imagine I'll end up under a blanket with a cuppa and my book at some point today

Week 2:
Weight 228.4
Eating: 4
Exercise: 2
Old 01-09-2014, 07:52 AM   #344
Blabbermouth!!!

Tammy~ What a great mom you are, yes claim him! Mine all definitely want mama bear to take care...the whole world stops when they're sick

J~ so proud of you for going to the gym this morning! I really hope you get out of Chris' book what I did...I believe it's had a huge impact on my progress so far. I love that man to pieces, he is such a good human being inside & out.

Elaine~ awesome job on the swim and walk! I can imagine that walking in snow would be one heckuva workout!
Yeah, I dunno how I survived the early years of parenting Altho' these young adult years are about to do me in....seriously, it's hard stuff!

Tyl~ good to see ya! Glad that everything seems to be humming along great for you, so far!

Have a great day ladies!!!!
Old 01-09-2014, 08:17 AM   #345
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning ladies!

Nice to see everyone's shining faces this morning!! Hi Tyl, glad to hear all is well, we missed you!!!

JG & Elaine you guys can keep that cold weather!!! I'm done with snow, I think I'll stay right here on the west coast where it's always sunny & warm!

Danielle, I'm glad you got your rest, that is SOOO important!! Especially since YOU don't want to get sick!!!

Off to a great start this morning, got my walk in bright and early. It'll be a busy day I have to head out to a budget meeting later and I HATE to drive in L.A.......I have said many times since moving here that after living all over the country I have found that Southern Californians are some of the nicest people I've ever met.....UNTIL they get behind the wheel of their car....then all bets are off!!!! Heavens these people really are crazy drivers! Oh well, eating on plan should be no problem, and at least I'll get out of the office for a bit.

Have a great day everyone, I'll check in later tonight!!
Old 01-09-2014, 09:42 AM   #346
Tyl

I couldn't peel myself out of bed this morning for a workout..so i have to get it in tonight! i'm dragging this week! I need some B12 or something lol
Old 01-09-2014, 11:26 AM   #347
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kjsurgtech
Stats: 224/214/185 5'9"
WOE: healthier way of eating
Start Date: Sept. 2011, Dec. 2013
I am exhausted again today. If I can muster up the strength I will get in a kettlebell workout when I get off work.

Kiki
kjsurgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 11:35 AM   #348
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bobbin
WOE: High fat, moderate protein, low carb
Lots of solar flares this week, and they're known to disrupt sleep patterns, or cause sleepiness even if you're well rested.

Last 2 days have been great, on track, tonight is swimming and yoga. Have a great.....what day is it? What day is it????
Bobbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 11:59 AM   #349
Tyl

Quote:
Lots of solar flares this week, and they're known to disrupt sleep patterns, or cause sleepiness even if you're well rested.

Last 2 days have been great, on track, tonight is swimming and yoga. Have a great.....what day is it? What day is it????
i learn so much in this challenge!
Old 01-09-2014, 12:51 PM   #350
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bobbin
WOE: High fat, moderate protein, low carb
My "what day is it?" rant was me thinkin' it's only Wednesday....wahoooo for that kind error! So happy it's Thursday otherwise known as 'almost Friday'!!!!
Bobbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 01:09 PM   #351
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sammi
Stats: 261/225/140
Start Date: July 2013
My days are so mixed up too. I walked on Wednesday and ate on plan and did the same for today. I am happy for this challenge because the exercising is beginning to become a habit. Now it does not seem like a chore.
Sammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 01:14 PM   #352
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyboss7 View Post
Good morning ladies!

Nice to see everyone's shining faces this morning!! Hi Tyl, glad to hear all is well, we missed you!!!

JG & Elaine you guys can keep that cold weather!!! I'm done with snow, I think I'll stay right here on the west coast where it's always sunny & warm!

Danielle, I'm glad you got your rest, that is SOOO important!! Especially since YOU don't want to get sick!!!

Off to a great start this morning, got my walk in bright and early. It'll be a busy day I have to head out to a budget meeting later and I HATE to drive in L.A.......I have said many times since moving here that after living all over the country I have found that Southern Californians are some of the nicest people I've ever met.....UNTIL they get behind the wheel of their car....then all bets are off!!!! Heavens these people really are crazy drivers! Oh well, eating on plan should be no problem, and at least I'll get out of the office for a bit.

Have a great day everyone, I'll check in later tonight!!
I complain about the HOT here, but I sure as heck wouldn't know what to do with snow I really do miss getting any real Fall here, that's my fave season. OMG, have you forgotten the ridiculous driving here?! 2 words for you: Snow. Birds. The melting pot of America over here. I cannot wait to get back to CA. It's where I belong
Be careful driving! When we were in LA in Oct I about had a coronary driving on the freeway over there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyl View Post
I couldn't peel myself out of bed this morning for a workout..so i have to get it in tonight! i'm dragging this week! I need some B12 or something lol
I'm draggin too! B12's actually a great idea, do you know of a good brand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjsurgtech View Post
I am exhausted again today. If I can muster up the strength I will get in a kettlebell workout when I get off work.

Kiki
Aw, I'm sorry you're so tired You've been a busy bee for sure! Do you go to the gym for the kettlebell workout or do you do it at home? I am fascinated by this!

Quote:

This is very interesting to me! I use a Jawbone UP and it's tracked some rough(aside from the kiddo the other night) sleep patterns. At least now I don't feel so crazy about the feeling of "tired" that's hanging on. Thanks for sharing!
Quote:
My "what day is it?" rant was me thinkin' it's only Wednesday....wahoooo for that kind error! So happy it's Thursday otherwise known as 'almost Friday'!!!!
Well, thank goodness it worked out that way I'd hate for you to wake up today thinking it was Friday! I've done that before...not so fun.

Got my workout in today. I swear my kids STILL have *mom radar* I swear, everyone could be totally busy doing something, or sleeping, or out somewhere, and the second I begin to exercise someone comes out of the woodwork...it never fails Just like when they were little and every time I needed to use the restroom there they were!
Old 01-09-2014, 02:09 PM   #353
Tyl

No idea of a good brand---wonder if costco has a good chewable...
Old 01-09-2014, 02:20 PM   #354
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mrstmitch
Stats: 252/220/150
WOE: Rosedale
Start Date: November 1, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyboss7 View Post
Off to a great start this morning, got my walk in bright and early. It'll be a busy day I have to head out to a budget meeting later and I HATE to drive in L.A.......I have said many times since moving here that after living all over the country I have found that Southern Californians are some of the nicest people I've ever met.....UNTIL they get behind the wheel of their car....then all bets are off!!!! Heavens these people really are crazy drivers!
I've experienced the LA drivers first hand, Tammy! I'm not a fan That's what I love about people in the Northwest. Of course there are exceptions, but they are actually polite on the road for the most part! (unless they're from California! )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbin
Yay, it's not me, it's just the solar flares!!

Well, Girls, I have been full of crap this week! I finally ate the last of the macadamias yesterday, and am moving on! I didn’t get a workout in this morning, but am planning on doing at least 45 minutes of Callanetics tonight. You all INSPIRE ME!

Cut the Crap (3) Challenge: week 2: 26 points total

This is me... not giving up!
mrstmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 03:52 PM   #355
Blabbermouth!!!

Tracy- my DH loves macadamia nuts. It's a bad thing to have too many in the house Callanetics.... Wow I haven't done that in eons. Matter a fact I think the workouts I have are on VHS please tell me they're on DVD now!
Old 01-09-2014, 03:55 PM   #356
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammi View Post
My days are so mixed up too. I walked on Wednesday and ate on plan and did the same for today. I am happy for this challenge because the exercising is beginning to become a habit. Now it does not seem like a chore.
Sammi we must've been posting at the same time earlier! You're doing amazing things, girlfriend! I can't wait to get to that point....still not there yet.
Old 01-09-2014, 05:54 PM   #357
Major LCF Poster!

Good evening ladies!!!

Glad to see everyone doing so well!! I did not know that about the solar flares....that's very interesting information!!

Bobbin, I LOOOOVE your pic, is that your puppy dog? One of my residents has a mirror image of that guy, his name is pork chop and he is my little buddy....he always wants to come to my office to snuggle with me when they go out for their walks.....his owner just can't get over how much he loves to come see me, she's never seen him like this....I love those little guys!

Sammi your dog is a beauty too....what breed is that? My daughter has a pure white Malamute who is her baby and truthfully we all adore him, even my hubby who is very allergic!

Tracy, you're so funny....I love the honesty this group has!

Danielle, yes I survived the traffic.....most people behaved today on the roads, and you know for years I drove from Buckeye to Mesa for work, so I remember Phoenix traffic all to well.....but L.A. is a whole different kind of crazy! BTW... Do you like your Jawbone up?? I've been fascinated by those but really have a hard time justifying the price.....What do you think of it?

Well ladies, today was great, I got my walk in early, ate on plan and now I'm having a nice relaxing evening at home.....ready for Friday!!

Talk to you all tomorrow!
Old 01-09-2014, 06:28 PM   #358
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine05 View Post
Gina: personally I wanted to be a werewolf, not a Princess. Werewolves seem to have to eat all the time and are alway lean and strong--and if you read the right books they seem to live about forever.
Elaine
Not there's an idea. Do werewolves have to work? I guess it wouldn't matter, I wouldn't be afraid to run by myself at night.
Old 01-09-2014, 06:34 PM   #359
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

I have a Jawbone Up and I love the thing.

I had another crap day for exercise. The teachers all came back to school (no kids) today and we had a full day of meetings and trainings. I couldn't even get out and walk around the school because I had to be in charge and do the training and meetinging. Same again tomorrow.

I'll be glad when he sun stays up later.

A werewolf..... hmmmm.
Old 01-09-2014, 09:47 PM   #360
Tyl

Hello Ladies!!!!

Got my workout in- Total Body Makeover Week 2 day 2! Then did callenetics (thanks for that suggestion folks...pulled that out of the arsenal and totally enjoyed it).

Food was good... I really wanted to make a dessert that technically would have been on plan but that I really didn't need. Skipped it! Go me!!!

We are almost a quarter way through the challenge ladies!! Can you believe that! Lets make it a crap free 1st quarter! Just 2 days left!!!!