Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2014, 05:27 PM   #271
Tyl
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Tyl
Stats: Working on it!
WOE: LC
Start Date: Sept 2008/Again Dec. 30, 2013
Slow Sure: 10 points
Tammy: 13 points
Weewess: 10 points
Bobbin: 10 points
Tyl: 12 points
Desertgurl: 11 points
GME: 12.5
Kim: 8 points
Sammi 10 points
jeaniem 8 points
s1mon3: 11
Mrstmitch: 11
Tyl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2014, 05:35 PM   #272
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: vella_marie
Stats: 334.4/315/140
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: 1/3/2014
excited!

Name: LaVella

What plan are you following? Atkins Induction

Why this challenge? I love the no "woe is me" attitude here! It's amazing what you can accomplish if you think you have to do it. Plus the 8 week timeline is perfect for keeping my on track during winter semester at school.

What's your motivation? Well I am morbidly Obese. 330.4 lbs (down 3.8 pounds since 1/3). I want to get healthy and be more active. I have a veterinary conference in Las Vegas Feb 16th-20th. So I want to be able to be my active at the conference and stay on track with my weight loss.

What type of exercise do you do? I have some exercise DVDs but I am open to new ideas. In my mind I do not see myself as fat, so I always think I can do what healthier people do and end up getting injured. Well it's not that I can't do it, I just can't do it YET! I will probably do my Rockin Body DVDs while I search for new programs.

What part of the country are you in? Los Angeles, CA
vella_marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 06:06 PM   #273

Gallery: s1mon3
Stats: 220/168/145
WOE: Clean Eating/Cal & Carb Cycling
Start Date: July 2013
Originally Posted by mrstmitch
Quote:
I was so crazy busy yesterday, I didn't have a chance to sign on. (why am I more busy on the weekend days than I am during the week?? )

I stepped on the scale, and I am 5 POUNDS DOWN this week!

mrstmitch (Tracy) Points for week 1
Eating = 5
Exercise = 6
TOTAL=11
I missed this! Congrats on your success last week!
s1mon3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 06:21 PM   #274
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/138.6/?
WOE: lc
Man, barely kept my head above water this week, must truly cut the crap and have a stellar week! Way to go everyone on your first week successes!!!

Day 8

Food: finally used up the the leftover Chinese take out so that should help

Exercise: 30 min brisk walk

Points to date:9
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 07:39 PM   #275
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/166/175 Trying again...223/213/146 5'7
WOE: Misc.
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
I think I can safely post now about today. Eating was good and I took a 3 mile walk and threw some running intervals in there for good measure. I'm in for 2 points so far!

Week 1 start weight 223.8
Week 2 start weight 219.0

I go back to work tomorrow after two weeks of vacation. Everyone join me........ Waaaaaah!
GME is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 07:41 PM   #276
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mrstmitch
Stats: 252/220/150
WOE: Rosedale
Start Date: November 1, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaniem View Post
Day 8

Food: finally used up the the leftover Chinese take out so that should help

Exercise: 30 min brisk walk

Points to date:9
Hey, I'm no expert, but 9 points is great! (especially since I scored only 2 more than that! )

But, we can do much better this week! So if you cut the crap, I WILL, too!
mrstmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 07:58 PM   #277
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/138.6/?
WOE: lc
Yep, we can and will do much better this week Tracy
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 08:58 PM   #278
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyboss7
Stats: 245 / 195 / 140
WOE: Hi Protein / Hi Fat / Low Carb
Start Date: R1 10/19/08 R2 12/26/10 R3 12/28/13
Week 2 Day 1

Great day for me both food wise and exercise wise! 2 points today!!

I think everyone did great last week, we are all cutting the crap......the key is to STICK WITH IT!!
ladyboss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 09:19 PM   #279
Tyl

Quick check in before bed! Yoga + cleaning eating=good day. Didn't quite drink enough water because I'm still thirsty. Working at home tomorrow but I know it's gonna b a busy day....mondays! Excited to see week 2 of the total body makeover workout! Great job guys. See you tomorrow!
Old 01-05-2014, 10:05 PM   #280
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: joytotheworld
Stats: 259/245/139
Start Date: 4/22/13
I'm a bit late to the game, so I hope you'll still take me!

Here is my introduction:

Name:Joy

What plan are you following? <20g carbs OR <1300 calories per day (calorie count so i can eat fruits that are more carbs and not feel guilty)

Why this challenge? What's your motivation? I've been on and off low carb over a year now.. but have spent much more time "off". I need motivation to get my act together and stick to it!

What type of exercise do you do? I go to a personal trainer once a week and plan to do C25K on the treadmill the rest of the week

What part of the country are you in? Southern California

Since 12/29 my point total is... 4. lol Hopefully this challenge helps me do better than that!

an idea is just a dream until you write it down.. then it's a goal

My goal is to eat well and exercise EVERY DAY!

8 week CUT THE CRAP challenge totals:
Week 1: 2 points / 2.8 lbs lost
Week 2: 2 points
joytotheworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 11:02 PM   #281
Senior LCF Member

So many people from California how exciting! Ladyboss I love the San Pedro area. I live in Whittier, so I think I am about 35 -40 minutes (with traffic haha) or so way from that area. I was staying with a friend who lived in Lomita ( close to Torrence) and we were always going to the beach around your area and others.

Today I ate on plan. I really do not like meat so today was an adventure for me. I made mini pork chops with no breading and macafoni and cheese from Linda's Low Carb website. It was sooo good! I will be making both again.

I also exercised!!! I kept stalling trying to think of an excuse but I was thinking, no crap no crap no crap! I found some videos called walk away the pounds on youtube and I was going to do 1 mile, but that is only 22 mins so I decided to do the 2 mile one (even though I was nervous) because its over 30 minutes. One of my fur children wanted to "help" or workout with mom because he going in-between my feet, in the front, in the back. We both made it through
Old 01-06-2014, 04:04 AM   #282
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sammi
Stats: 261/225/140
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: July 2013
Good Morning,

Ate really good. One point
Walked three miles. One point

Total for Sunday is two points.

Everyone is doing fantastic. We can do this.

I am finally looking forward to this summer. I have not worn shorts in almost forty years. This will be a milestone for me! Such a small thing for most people, but a big step for me. I look forward to it.
Sammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 05:19 AM   #283
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Elaine05
Stats: 210/178/165
Start Date: Sept 2011
Thanks for welcoming me in late. Better late to the party than not getting there at all.
Name: Elaine
What plan are you following? Low Carb/ketogenic

Why this challenge? I don't want to play around with this, I want to cut the crap and get it done.

What's your motivation? My life just works better when I don't eat carbs. I had a knee replacement a couple of years ago and do much, much better leaner. I got off-track big time at the holidays and then a week without power and flipped into a compulsive eating pattern that did a lot of damage and I ended up feeling (and looking) pretty horrible. Time to take control of my life again. I also have a daughter getting married this Fall and would like to look and feel good for that.

What type of exercise do you do? I swim 4 or 5 times a week--like 100 laps a swim. Three cheers for the underwater Ipod!! Unfortunately, I also react to chlorine. Right now I'm getting my skin condition under control before I can hit the pool. I also walk the dog daily except when it is below 10 degrees with a foot and a half of snow on the ground--like right now. Right now I'm a slug.

What part of the country are you in? Mid Michigan.

Last edited by Elaine05; 01-06-2014 at 05:23 AM..
Elaine05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 05:30 AM   #284
Junior LCF Member

LaVella
What type of exercise do you do? I have some exercise DVDs but I am open to new ideas. In my mind I do not see myself as fat, so I always think I can do what healthier people do and end up getting injured. Well it's not that I can't do it, I just can't do it YET! I will probably do my Rockin Body DVDs while I search for new programs.

I too have a lot of problem exercising without messing myself up. That is why I swim. I can work out as long and hard as I want without causing any injuries. I don't even sweat! My whole body just works better after a good long swim--especially my knees. A lot of people just walk in the pool and do exercises. If you can find a pool you might want to give it a try.
Old 01-06-2014, 05:38 AM   #285
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Good morning, ladies!

Lovely to have some more new ladies with us!

Had another great day yesterday... food:clean, 1 gallon of water: down the hatch, workout: done.

Planning for another great day today... I am still just in awe that I have stuck with the exercise...this is just such a huge huge deal to me. I HATE exercise. Not so much the act of exercise, but I despite sweat. Seriously, it's neurotic, I know...but it is what it is and I'm figuring out how to get over it and just do it. No excuses, right???

Make today a great one, girls!

Week 2:
Weight 228.4
Eating: 1
Exercise: 1

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 06:13 AM   #286
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bobbin
WOE: High fat, moderate protein, low carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by vella_marie View Post
Name: LaVella

Welcome LaVella! I wanted to tell you, my best friend is over 300 lbs as well, she's my work out buddy. Her weight has fluctuated between 260 - 320 since I've known her, using different diets. Through it all, she's worked out, and we even did a sprint distance triathlon in '07 with her at 285 and me a 220 - we finished and were NOT last!! My point is, please don't let anything stop you, she can go farther and harder than me, on my best day. She can out do a lot of people at the gym who would seemingly be faster and stronger. KEEP GOING!! Swimming is a great sport for us who are bigger, it's actually easier for us to glide through the water with our extra layers, than it is for someone who is all muscle and likes to sink!

I love seeing the new people, welcome to you!!

Elaine, are you using a special iPod in the pool, or a case for it? I need music like now!!

Last edited by Bobbin; 01-06-2014 at 06:16 AM..
Bobbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 06:41 AM   #287
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning all

You all know I am going back to work today (because I whined about it yesterday). So I get up early to go out and walk/run before work. It was DARK, like pitch dark. I got kind of scared and came home. I really have to stop watching Dexter.
GME is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 06:52 AM   #288
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GME View Post
Morning all

You all know I am going back to work today (because I whined about it yesterday). So I get up early to go out and walk/run before work. It was DARK, like pitch dark. I got kind of scared and came home. I really have to stop watching Dexter.
I'm sorry, but this made me laugh......

.......like, a lot.

....all this to say, I REFUSE to even go outside to throw the trash in the dark, so forget about actually running because I *want* to. Nope. If someone right now sees me running, it's because someone's chasing me with a knife.... or it's a clown...ew, hate clowns *shudder*

Have a good day, Gina!
Old 01-06-2014, 07:17 AM   #289
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyboss7
Stats: 245 / 195 / 140
WOE: Hi Protein / Hi Fat / Low Carb
Start Date: R1 10/19/08 R2 12/26/10 R3 12/28/13
Quote:
Morning all

That's AWESOME Gina.....my hats off to you for even trying to go for a walk in the dark!!! I love this group!!

Happy Monday ladies....I have to leave early and spend the morning for court for eviction hearings My least favorite part of my job. Hopefully it won't be too packed and the judge will be a good one! As if Monday isn't hectic enough already!

I will have to find time to squeeze my walking in......maybe a couple of shorter walks would be easier today....we'll see how it goes.

Eating clean will be super easy, and I'm still way deep in ketosis! I'll report in later, in the meantime have a super great Monday!!!

Be the type of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap....she's up"!!

Made it to Onederland 7/1/14!!!
199 190 185 180 175 170 165 160 155 150 145
ladyboss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 07:41 AM   #290
Tyl

Quote:
Morning all

hahahahahahahaha Dexter won't get you unless you've been bad... I guess its all the other creeps out there (I have to stop watching dateline lol)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
I'm sorry, but this made me laugh......

.......like, a lot.

....all this to say, I REFUSE to even go outside to throw the trash in the dark, so forget about actually running because I *want* to. Nope. If someone right now sees me running, it's because someone's chasing me with a knife.... or it's a clown...ew, hate clowns *shudder*

Have a good day, Gina!
LOL!
Old 01-06-2014, 07:44 AM   #291
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Name: Most call me JG here.
What plan are you following? Calorie counting & exercise
Why this challenge? What's your motivation? B/c Chantyl is my "Pal" & I remember the 1st CTC challenge years ago! My motivation is to see a "1" in front of my weight!
What type of exercise do you do? ARC Trainer, Elliptical, & Treadmill at the Y...going to try checking out some new classes also.
What part of the country are you in? Virginia Beach area

I'm glad to join you lovely ladies here...this will definitely help me in the motivation department.

Starting weight as of this morning -- 217. I'm up from my recent low, so I'd love to get under 215 again sometime soon! I allowed my recent dealings with TOM to wreck me eating-wise (hormones can be nasty, nasty things!) & I only exercised twice last week. I am determined to step it up again, so this challenge is right on time. Here's to 2014 & our imminent success!

Make the commitment, invest the time, and do the work to make things matter.

Last edited by Jayce; 01-06-2014 at 07:52 AM..
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 09:11 AM   #292
Senior LCF Member

Cooking fail this morning. I made a crustless sausage quiche with onions, jalapenos and mushrooms. I hate ground meat, but I since I am trying to add variety of meat into my eating I added the sausage. Bad idea!!! One bite and I was gagging! The rest of it tastes good, but ewwww the ground sausage. So now I guess my husband has breakfast all week. I was vegetarian, vegan, and raw vegan for the last 9 years, so its hard adding meat back into my diet since I don't really like it. After this disaster I can't stomach the thought of breakfast, but I have a beef roast in the crockpot so hopefully that comes out well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine05 View Post

I too have a lot of problem exercising without messing myself up. That is why I swim. I can work out as long and hard as I want without causing any injuries. I don't even sweat! My whole body just works better after a good long swim--especially my knees. A lot of people just walk in the pool and do exercises. If you can find a pool you might want to give it a try.
I have been looking into gyms that have pools. Around here though, things are expensive. I was going to 24 hour fitness, but I people there are so mean that I just got tired of it. I shouldn't have cancelled my membership because the only one missing out was me. I am hoping to find a smaller gym with a pool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbin View Post
Welcome LaVella! I wanted to tell you, my best friend is over 300 lbs as well, she's my work out buddy. Her weight has fluctuated between 260 - 320 since I've known her, using different diets. Through it all, she's worked out, and we even did a sprint distance triathlon in '07 with her at 285 and me a 220 - we finished and were NOT last!! My point is, please don't let anything stop you, she can go farther and harder than me, on my best day. She can out do a lot of people at the gym who would seemingly be faster and stronger. KEEP GOING!! Swimming is a great sport for us who are bigger, it's actually easier for us to glide through the water with our extra layers, than it is for someone who is all muscle and likes to sink!

thanks! That is awesome that your friend is doing well. At the beginning of the summer I was around 300 and I was hiking all the time and doing well. Then I injured my back trying an exercise I shouldn't have, but I am stubborn so I decided to keep hiking and exercising. But I was eating bad food ( darn smores and in n out) and the extra weight made my back worse. Lesson learned! I definitely want to get into swimming because of back and knees. I just need to find a place to do it.

!
Quote:
Morning all

LOL My mom was always watching cold cases, americas most wanted and shows about serial killers when I was growing up. Let's just say it scarred me for life haha Now I am watching tru crimes, cold cases, nightmare next door and yeah... no way I am going to do anything outside in the pitch dark! But you would be surprised how fast I can run when I am scared LOL
Old 01-06-2014, 10:30 AM   #293
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kjwalsh
Stats: 205/150/140
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2013
Quote:
Cooking fail this morning. I made a crustless sausage quiche with onions, jalapenos and mushrooms. I hate ground meat, but I since I am trying to add variety of meat into my eating I added the sausage. Bad idea!!! One bite and I was gagging! The rest of it tastes good, but ewwww the ground sausage. So now I guess my husband has breakfast all week. I was vegetarian, vegan, and raw vegan for the last 9 years, so its hard adding meat back into my diet since I don't really like it. After this disaster I can't stomach the thought of breakfast, but I have a beef roast in the crockpot so hopefully that comes out well.
Why would you eat something that makes you gag? Any plan should be enjoyable or it will ultimately fail. Please don't force yourself to eat meat if you don't like it.

If you really want to stick with Atkins, he does suggest that vegetarians skip induction and go to OWL for proteins not allowed on induction.
kjwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 10:33 AM   #294
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Gads Danielle! Not clowns, anything but clowns.

Normally I am a puppies and sunshine type of person, but I can watch the most gruesome stuff on TV. I don't like horror/slasher movies AT ALL, but give me a police drama/murder mystery/true crime show any time. One day DH asked me if I wished I had become a homicide detective (instead of an elementary school vice principal ). Unraveling a mystery is about the same, but the crimes are vastly different (who wrote the mean note and stole the lunch money VS who beheaded the model).

I was having a season 3 Downton Abbey marathon the other day to get ready for last night's episode (which I haven't watched yet because it was on past my bedtime, so shhh) and DH says, "This is boring. Isn't someone going to get murdered?"
Old 01-06-2014, 11:26 AM   #295
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/108/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Week 2

Sunday 5 Jan

Weight: 124.6lbs
WOE: ate on plan for a MD
Exercise: 1.5hrs kayak session in swimming pool

Monday 6 Jan
Weight: 124.6lbs
WOE: ate on plan for DD
Exercise: rest day with a few sets of dips

Yet another storm front (we're getting the US' Hercules Storm) so I had to steel my heart, yet again, against the desire for a comforting stew rather than usual DD fare.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 12:18 PM   #296
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mrstmitch
Stats: 252/220/150
WOE: Rosedale
Start Date: November 1, 2013
Monday-BLECH!

Hello, Girls!
Glad to see we have some new faces join us!
JG, Lavella, Elaine and Joy!

Gina, hope you're having a good day at work (yea right! ) I am not a fan of Mondays myself.

Hope everyone has a CRAP-FREE week!
mrstmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 01:10 PM   #297
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Thanks for the welcome, Tracy.
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 01:35 PM   #298
Junior LCF Member

Bobbin.. I have a waterproof iPod shuffle. It is awesome and really truly waterproof! I think I have around 300 songs on it and it will last around 10 playtime hours before it needs recharging. It is a regular apple shuffle that they magically make waterproof. Just go onto Amazon and search for waterproof ipod shuffle. I could never get my whole workout in without it. With it i just daydream and swim.
Old 01-06-2014, 01:37 PM   #299
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi J

Not a fan of "the Monday" myself.... Gina I hope you're surviving the first day back to school... kudos to you--you couldn't pay me enough to be around kids all day long... mine are enough

So, I'm craving chocolate today... DS has these lil Hershey thingies and they smell SO good.. candy, chocolate, etc has not been on my radar whatsoever, until today.... *le sigh* Filling up on crunchy veggies and water and trying to ignore it all...
Old 01-06-2014, 03:30 PM   #300
Blabbermouth!!!

Yep, this is pretty much where I'm at right now with running