Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2014, 06:54 PM   #121
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: krittermom
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: January 9th, 2012
We're drying out here, thank goodness.

I can't get over how soft my hands are. Even my fingertips which at one point were like sandpaper. They ripped panty hose. Seems like they get like that whenever I clean, even if I wear rubber gloves. I bought some disposable gloves that I'm going to try to see if they prevent that.

How are you guys doing on the eating front? I bought some low carb bread and low carb wraps from netrition that I've been enjoying. Not losing weight but I haven't been very strict either and I don't think I've gained anything. I'm going to pick up some turkey lunchmeat and try that on the low carb wraps over the next few days for breakfast, which is my toughest meal and the one I most often skip. But I think that leads to overeating later in the day.
krittermom is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2014, 10:40 PM   #122
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Dakini
That is so cool about your hands. It's great when we can find a product that does what it says it's supposed to do.

I've been doing OK weight wise, plateaued a bit, but then, isn't that the story of my weight loss life? Trying to keep it all in stride. Morning is tough for me too, BP coffee was my go to for a long while, but now it feels too heavy.

I've begun a meditation class with a friend that is living in India. I'm feeling for the first time that I've connected with a good meditative space. I've done breathwork and visualizations, but this is much deeper. We do the class on skype.
Dakini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 02:00 PM   #123
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
kritte - I can't even imagine 3 degrees. it is warming up here so I will survive. I just put on a bunch of layers and try to do chores as fast as I can.

I am back from Houston Livestock Show. Did not win anything big. One of my goats reared up and came down with one hoof on top of my foot and hit my ankle bone with her other hoof. It hurt so bad I collapsed and let go of the goat I was holding. My ankle is so swollen I can'.t bend it and the top is so sore due to the screws. I cannot walk barefoot on it at all but with my othoepedic shoe on I can. Someone else was holidng her as we were waiting to go into the ring. He felt so bad that he let my own goat kill me.

I am working this afenoon and I have finsihed up everything that I can do. Our data management system is down for maintenenace so I can't ente any data and I have filed, made cpies, distributed, did PO's and sarched another building for some materials. I have been busy but it is all done and I can go home now. Gosh I love part time.

Next week is Spring Break so I don't have to work at all. YEA!!
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/132/139 JUDDD 01/01/2011
157/148/139 JUDDD 07/28/2014
158/152/139 JUDDD 10/28/2014
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 11:01 AM   #124
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Your poor foot, Adi! What is it, when we have a place on our body that is fragile, why does it seem to be a magnet for more injury?

Today is DH's birthday, going off to our local winery for a nice lunch, then DH has to work the rest of the day, boohoo. Maybe he'll have a nice big fat birthday sale.
Old 03-08-2014, 08:45 PM   #125
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Adi, I'm so sorry about your poor ankle and foot! Are you sure it's not broken? Best try to elevate it and ice it as much as possible.

Dak, when you meditate, how long do you do it for?

I can't even count how many calories I ate today. Went to book club and sampled about 5 different desserts. My girlfriend made a salad with the best dressing. She said it's just dijon mustard, salt, pepper, red wine vinegar and olive oil. I'm going to have to make a batch tomorrow.
Old 03-09-2014, 10:53 AM   #126
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Salad dressing sounds yummy. Today, I'm going to smoke a couple of turkey legs that have been in the freezer. Hopefully, will be able to create different meals with smoked turkey the rest of the week.

I've been sitting for about an hour at a time. When I first started, I could only stay a 1/2 an hour without getting distracted, now, that last 1/2 hour is the best part. It really helps having a teacher.
Old 03-11-2014, 04:10 PM   #127
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: lil miss
WOE: LCMW
Start Date: 1/1/13
HI ALL

WHY am I not getting notifications?

Adi- How is your foot?

Dak - an hour of meditating? Wow. Hats off to you!

Krit- I make that dressing too! Its yummy! Are the wood floors in?

I am all LC now and very ketotic. I was losing nicely but decided one night I had to eat pizza. I am back on full force but havent weighed in a few days.

I am trying to do strength training 3 days a week but its been hard, we've had so many snow days and then a child homesick etc. Its always something.

I am getting super excited to plant my garden!

Gonna see if I can turn on notifications...
Old 03-13-2014, 02:47 PM   #128
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Hi all. Foot still super sore but getting better. She must have landed on two of my toes too since the nails are now turning black. Fun. I am sure I will lose those toenails. I have 7 goats due this week and it is spring break and it looks like they are waiting for the weekend.
I am bouncing up and down and my bounce has gotten bigger. 5 pounds up and down. My feet and legs swell on UD's and go down on DD's. We have had a lot of rain and I can't get into the garden to pick chard or I will sink. I can see it but I can't have it. LOL
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 08:16 AM   #129
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning,

I seem to be doing the same thing, Adi with my weight. It keeps going up and and down. I haven't been very good at drinking water, so yesterday I made a point of drinking more.

Lil Miss, pizza! I love pizza too. I've been making my own with the new frozen pizza crust that Trader Joes sells. So dangerous.

Spring is here. It really is very early for the oaks to be leafing out, but it is, as always, beautiful. My son and his housemate came out and yesterday and dug out my new raised bed. 20' by 4', 2 feet deep. The sand layer on top went really quickly but the clay beneath took them a few hours. The idea is to put old wood at the base (more than you see below, LOL then replace the soil, the wood supposedly keeps the soil moist.)

I smoked some burgers for them afterwards, which I have to say turned out really good.

Old 03-16-2014, 01:42 PM   #130
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow Dak, that was a lot of work. It's going to be a great garden.

Adi, LOL at your chard - so close, but yet so far.

Lil miss, the floors are done. Now we're waiting for the contractor to free up so he can finish the attic and the dentist office. So the first "dentist" office room, which is the first one you enter, is going to be a mud room. I want to hang our coats, dog leashes and all that there. Then I'm thinking the 2nd room will be a little garden/sitting/reading room.

I've added attachments. Not sure if this is going to work One is a picture of the new floors and Jersey - she is a lovely floor model
The other pic is of the miso soup I made today. It turned out fabulous. I added shrimp, green onions and shirataki noodles. So good and pretty low carb.

I'm steaming arthichokes now. I saw them on Martha Steward and they look so good, I finally decided to make them. I'll let you know how they turn out, but honestly, I can't imagine anything tasting bad when dipped in butter.

I just booked our hotel for the Florida Keys trip I'm taking with my sister-in-law at the end of April. We're staying in a 2 bedroom beachfront. Big-time splurge for us but we deserve it! So now I have to get very serious about diet and exercise. I would love to be able to drop 10 pounds by the time we leave.

Oh and we decided to do a trip out west in September. Planning on Vegas, Grand Canyon and Sedona.

We're getting snow tonight. It just has to be the last one. I think they said we're getting 1 - 3 inches, so not too bad. The miso soup will be great for keeping away the chill. I'm going to see if I can eat it for a lot of meals this week.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jersey and New Floors.jpg (53.4 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Miso Soup Stove.jpg (59.1 KB, 3 views)
Old 03-16-2014, 02:34 PM   #131
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Your floors turned out great, Kritter! And Jersey matches quite well. I like that they're different, as beautiful as oak is, seems like that's all you ever see.

I cooked up some artichokes on Friday night, they are so good. Have you ever marinated artichokes? They're really good too.

September should be a nice time of year to travel. You might consider seeing Bryce and Zion while you're in the area. I have a friend that did the Skywalk at the Grand Canyon, great pictures.
Old 03-16-2014, 07:33 PM   #132
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dak, is the skywalk the one where you go out on a clear plexiglass platform. If it is, I'm not going anywhere near it LOL. I'm a little afraid of heights. But oddly I'm not afraid of flying.

Thanks for the tip on Bryce and Zion, I'll check them out. I'm wondering how long I need to dedicate to the grand canyon. I'm thinking if we see it and do a helicopter ride and some hiking, then 1 day would be enough. Not sure how long I can start at the canyon for Then I figured we'd do 2 nights in Sedona. I figure with Sedona, there's lots of shopping so I'll need more time

But then I think maybe we should just skip Sedona and plan on seeing it another time. I hate rushing through the trip and I really wanted this to be a relaxing, slow-paced kind of trip to take in all the beauty of the dessert.
Old 03-16-2014, 07:57 PM   #133
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I didn't know you don't do heights. Best to avoid the skywalk. As a kid, we did the National Parks a lot. The area leading up to the Grand Canyon was rather unexciting, I have much fonder memories of Bryce and Zion. While the canyon is pretty amazing, I just remember driving forever, getting out at a view spot, then getting back in the car for the next view spot. Zion was how i thought the area around the Grand Canyon should look, LOL. Sedona is beautiful too, plus, there are some very cool ruins there. How fun, to plan a trip. We need to do that too, just want to get taxes over and done with first.
Old 03-22-2014, 01:20 PM   #134
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

~~LCMW~~Spring