Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2014, 09:39 PM   #61
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
I have never really cared for sardines. My Daddy ate them with crackers for his lunches when he was working away from home. Guess he ate healthy way back when.
I have more babies now. Triplets born just now. Two girls and a boy. I was going to let her keep the boy but when I went back to check on him she had buried him in the shavings and was standing on him so I brought him in, cleaned him up and fed him. All three are in the laundry room in their plastic tubs. I will milk momma in the morning as I am tired now. Birthing babies is hard work.
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/132/139 JUDDD 01/01/2011
157/148/139 JUDDD 07/28/2014
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2014, 10:01 PM   #62
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Dakini
Poor baby! I'm glad you saved him. Triplets would be a lot to nurse, I guess. Is that very common for goats to do?

I never thought I would like sardines, but mixed up like tuna salad, it tastes like tuna to me. Big plus that it's so good for us too.

Got some good work in in the garden today, mixed up fertilizer for another bed and put some plants in the ground. Still lots of clean up to do, but it's looking much better.
Dakini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 07:57 AM   #63
Big Yapper!!!!

Dak - my goats usually have singles or twins. Rarely triplets and I have never had quads. Thank goodness. This poor little doe looks like a skeleton this morning. I have six on bottles and all are fed and the milking is done. Need to move a few around today and then I have four or five more due before the end of the month.

Not usre how I am going to garden this year. Tractor or small beds or both.
Old 01-26-2014, 08:48 AM   #64
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I wish I had a tractor! I'm considering hiring a neighbor with some equipment to help me with digging... I'm beginning to feel like not wanting to do the grunt work of gardening.

Do you have a lot of people that are wanting your babies? Your girls are all such winners. If you were closer, I would be very tempted.
Old 01-26-2014, 09:14 AM   #65
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: krittermom
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: January 9th, 2012
I'm making homemade Tom Yum soup. I found a recipe on About.com. I'm going to add coconut milk to it to give it some fat.

I have so much to do today to get ready for the new hardwood floors. I have to move a lot of stuff around.

adi, I'm so glad the babies are all okay. My gosh I can't imagine triplets! That poor mommy goat.
krittermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 11:05 AM   #66
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Homemade Tom Yum, OMG, that sounds so good! I had some last night (just the frozen from TJ) and I love how complex the flavors are. If you like how it turns out, please share your recipe.

I interviewed a cleaning service this morning, and they're starting in the morning. I work so much, and when I'm finally home I just don't do the deep cleaning that needs to be done. So win/win, I'm getting spotless bathrooms. I'm thinking once a month should be just perfect. I have so little free time, now I'll be able to spend more of it in my garden.
Old 01-26-2014, 12:50 PM   #67
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dak, congrats on the cleaning lady! I love coming home to clean bathrooms and clean kitchen floor. The only thing I don't like is having to straighten up before they come but it's a good thing because it forces me to keep the house in shape.

Here's the recipe. It's incredibly easy once you have all of the ingredients. Tom Yum Soup - Tom Yum Soup Recipe

It's very good. I think it would be even better if I had fresh lemongrass. All I could find was dried lemongrass stalks in a jar.
Old 01-26-2014, 09:52 PM   #68
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Kritter, you have to clean first too? I got up this morning and first thing started cleaning for the estimate, LOL. But I don't want to pay someone to do my daily stuff, just the deep cleaning cleaning, like toilets and baseboards.

Thanks for the recipe, just hope I'll be able to find everything locally. Kaffir lime leaves may be tricky this time of year...

Good day in the garden, I ordered italian onions as starts, 60. They sent me about 200. More is not necessarily better when you plan out a bed. I was able to put 100 of them in and just stuck the rest in as 2 big bunches. Hopefully I'll be able to use them as green onions.
Old 01-27-2014, 10:29 AM   #69
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dak, 200 onions! Will they grow and spread?

I know, seems crazy to clean for the cleaning lady. But I have a big house and try to help by putting the dog beds away and clearing off my bathroom sink so they don't have do do that just to clean it. Stuff like that.

My sister-in-law(hubby's sister) and I are planning a long weekend trip to the Florida keys. I found a beautiful place but it's expensive but it's right on the beach <sigh>. I'm trying to talk my other sister-in-law(brother's wife) into joining us. The 3 of us have dinner together every few weeks and always have such a fun time.
Old 01-27-2014, 03:32 PM   #70
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: lil miss
WOE: LCMW
Start Date: 1/1/13
Hi guys!

Adi - DS Christmas pic with the pup is too cute as always! Glad you are enjoying the goats [and boy there are more every day!] Congrats to DH for retiring!

Krit-So, what did you decide about the Master's? So many people do it on line these days, I wonder what that would be like? I think about going back but not sure for what yet.

Hi Dak! Yay for cleaning ladies! Hope you're feeling better!

I have MIRED in Guardian stuff and I ABSOLUTELY love it! Both of my cases are going into a holding pattern for now so I think I might ask for another one! Yikes! You all should see little chubby me, going in scary places and taking names, totally getting my nerve to ask all kinds of questions, etc. Its like I am not myself!

Just got back from Vegas. DH had a committee he was on. I was on my lonesome for most of it but I had a good time. Been having a difficult time with DH lately. Feeling very taken for granted.

Weighed this am. An all time high! yay me! [sarcasm] Restarted atkins today, at least DH is too as opposed to 2 weeks ago when he said he wanted to do whole grain and I was making multiple dinners each night.
Old 01-27-2014, 06:00 PM   #71
Big Yapper!!!!

lilmiss- so glad you stopped by. Glad you are enjoying the Guardian work. I am also up on the scale and worked all month and gotten nowhere but February will be here soon and I will try again. Sorry you feel like you are being taken for granted. Sometimes we get in those places in life and just have to work through them. You have a lovely family with great kids so hang in there. Winter is always harder for me I guess since it looks gray so much. Glad DH is on the same plan as you. Whole grains? Where did he get that one? I don't do LC but have oats but not much else in the way of grains.
Dak - Still seed shopping. Going to order some more of those zucchini like squash I accidently planted for my fall garden and loved. For some reason I never plant onions.
Krritter - I hired someone to clean several years ago and all she wanted to do was sweep. mop, vacuum and dust. I can do that. I wanted someone to clean under the furniture], the baseboards, under stuff not just what can be seen. So now I half way do it and pretend everything is fine.
Old 01-28-2014, 07:50 AM   #72
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Morning!

Thanks for the good wishes, Lil Miss. Cleaning crew did great, 2 girls, though the one that did my bathroom was much better than the one that did DH's) If I start looking hard, it's not perfect, (they were definitely shorter than me, so different field of vision) but still, much much better than without their attention.

Glad to hear the Guardian work has been going so well. What a good service to do.

January was a bust for me diet wise, I'd get close, then go right back up. The 5 pounds I'm bouncing around really make a difference in how I look and feel, so I keep trying.

Adi, I know what you mean about everything looking gray! It can be depressing. I know I keep saying it, but I sure wish it would rain.

The Florida Keys, sounds like a song. I hope you can talk your in laws into joining you, especially since you all get on so well. Hanging out at the beach together would be a blast.
Old 01-28-2014, 11:00 AM   #73
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi all. Stayed home today as I had a doe that was going into labor. Sure glad DH was here as she could not have it and he almost did not get the kid out. He was a single and HUGE does not describe him. He weighed 12.4 pounds which is large but has a very large bone structure. If he had been a fat kid we would not have been able to deliver him. One more due and then I get a break for a week. Training 5 first fresheners to the milk stand is bad enough. I had a doe kid last night and when I came in I ate my dinner. I did not realize that I had been outside with her for that long as it was midnight. But I ate anyway. Sleet here early, cold wind and under 30 degrees but it is supposed to stop the sleet and the wind will dry everything out and I can go to work Wednesday and Thursday this week.
Old 01-29-2014, 10:45 AM   #74
Big Yapper!!!!

Beautiful Day. Sunny and 45 degees for a high today. Going up to 70 on Friday. Gotta love Texas weather. Put my giant new baby and the little triplets outside with the other four to run and play. Had two more last nigh and now I am finished until march 4. A doe and a buck so I now have 4 girls and 6 boys. One of the boys is bough and I deliver him to an oilfield worker on his way through on his way back to Louisiana Feb 12th. Gotta love enterprising goat people on ways to get a baby buck they want too.

I am at work. I got here at eleven. Took me that long to do my morning chores. I have completd the filing and the purchase orders, answered emails and cleaned the office and had lunch. So I am going to reseach Maintenance of Effort for a cooperative and see if I can learn anything.

Was down to 145.8 this morning but then I ate nothing after lunch yesterday as I was so busy with the babies. Last two were born at 3am and I had them fed and tucked in and I went to bed at 3:40am. Bet I am tired tonight. Left poor DH to do the every 3 or 4 hour feedings. The triplets eat such a small amount at a time they have to be fed every few hours. But they are growing.
Old 01-29-2014, 06:30 PM   #75
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Adi you must be exhausted! How is the triplet mama doing?

Dak, glad the cleaning ladies worked out. I'm really short and I know there is a lot that I don't see. I can't see the shelf in my shower. I figured the builder must have been really tall

Hi lil miss, so good to hear from you. I'm really glad you're enjoying the Guardian work. I've had times like that with DH. Seems these things go in cycles. Have you talked to him about it?

Cooper's been acting really odd the last few days, which is saying something. I gave him benadryl the last 2 nights and now I'm wondering if I gave him too much. He's not scratching tonight so I won't give him any and see if it makes a difference tomorrow.
Old 01-29-2014, 08:08 PM   #76
Big Yapper!!!!

Kritter - triplet mama is doing fine. She looks less like a skeleton today thank goodness. DH put a new roll of hay in their pasture so she can eat all she wants. I had two more born tonight. Missed that one on my calendar and the next is Feb 4 not MArch 4. DH bought me a new baby goat pen today. A dog kennel made out of panels that all you have to do is fasten them together. I love it. Put a dog house in it and the little girls have a new luxury home. He also bought expansion panels so he can set another one up beside it as we have to move our current baby pen . I am getting another building for my milking room and the baby pen is in the way. Buying a ready made pen is sure easy and it can be moved anywhere.
We are getting 2 dozen eggs a day since I turned on the light in the chicken yard so I had scrambled eggs for dinner tonight. Sure were good with shredded cheese. I didn't have time for breakfast this morning so I had it tonight.
Time for bed so I can start all over again tomorrow.
Old 02-01-2014, 01:24 PM   #77
Big Yapper!!!!

Happy Weekend all. DH and his crew are busily building fence. A kid he used to coach that lives down our road stopped and told him he built fences for $1.25 a foot if DH bought the materials. DH finally decided that the labor for all of this was too much for him so he hired him. Now I guess when you hire one in his family you get them all which doesn't matter to us as we are paying by the foot. We have a crew out there digging holes with the tractor and setting posts. We had to take down the fence between us and the neighbor this morning to get that done so that is the one they are working on. It is going to look so nice. We are using wood posts and our old fence used metal that were leaning since you can't drive them very far into our hard ground. They look so nice too.

I am starting the month at 147 and a DD so I lost 1 1/2 pounds in January so looking to do that in February also.

DS told me to stockpile eggs for him since they keep for a long time in the frig. I have 8 dozen for him cause I thought he was coming this weekend to get some more of his stuff but he hasn't yet. He might still show up.
Old 02-01-2014, 02:04 PM   #78
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Adi, you'll have to take a pic of the new fence. Sounds nice.

We're getting new hardwood floors on Monday. Can't wait until it's over. I'm working from home while they're here and it's going to be noisy. I'm down a few pounds but I keep putting them back on.

I've been trying to do a lot of stretching and working my core and it seems to be working. My clothes feel looser even though I haven't lost. Plus I feel stronger and more coordinated. I was feeling clumsy and sluggish.

DH is gone all day to a basketball game and then to his friend's house for dinner so I have the house to myself. Now for a nice cup of tea and some Jane Eyre
Old 02-02-2014, 09:57 AM   #79
Big Yapper!!!!

Dr. Mercola's newsletter today was on a ketogenic diet so I thought I would see if I could eat that much fat today. My breakfast came in at 867 calories. Sure hope I don't get hungry until late this afternoon. LOL
Old 02-02-2014, 09:33 PM   #80
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good luck with the keto Adi. It's different backing away from counting calories to higher fat. Our bodies seem to be able to handle either one fine, I think.

Wood floors, that is going to be so beautiful, plus probably easier with your dogs, too. I think it's better to be able to see dirt and dust, than for it to be there but invisible on the carpet.

It rained today. All day, on and off. So sweet. I hope it keeps going. I feel like I'm making leaps and bounds in the garden. Worked in my raincoat, cleaning up my sages and shrubs. The mulch I'm putting down is really making a difference, too, everything looks clean and a lot neater.

Did anyone hear, what did the groundhog see this morning?

Last edited by Dakini; 02-02-2014 at 09:43 PM..
Old 02-03-2014, 05:12 AM   #81
Big Yapper!!!!

Dak - I did the 80% fat yesterday on an UD and counted calories too and was down .2 pounds this morning after an UD. Having my BPC this morning and then eggs for tonight. We shall see if I can get the sugar monster under control.

It is raining here too but the wind was blowing so hard yesterday that it was miserable outside. Took me forever to get dressed to go outside to feed babies so I would not freeze. With this strange weather we are having I can't risk planting anything. We do not usually get this much cold freezing weather. We have three electric heaters in my soap trailer at each water source to be sure we don't have frozen pipes to deal with. Which means I don't have my little electric heater in my office so Sami and I can be toasty warm. LOL
Got to finish my BPC and get out there and get started on feeding duties.
Old 02-03-2014, 09:15 AM   #82
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dak, Phil says 6 more weeks of winter I believe it. We're getting hammered with a messy snowstorm today. It's a very wet snow and is clinging to every branch so it's really pretty. Hope it doesn't bring a lot of electric lines down. And then we're due for another one on Wednesday and then another one on the weekend, but these other two might wind up mostly rain. But if it is rain, it's supposed to be torrential.

How are you guys making out with the drought?

Adi, Holy Cow that's a lot of calories for one meal. What did you eat? I'm trying to eat more fat and less protein. Wish I could just eat butter LOL. It would make it so much easier.

I'm eating a lot of cheese, but I really want to cut down on that and eat more meat and veggies, but with lots of butter and olive oil.
Old 02-03-2014, 09:48 AM   #83
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That's good news for us here. The more winter the better! We have another drizzly day here, not rain like yesterday, that was wonderful, but still, anything we can get is good. The highest rainfall report I can find for my city was .87inches. That's for yesterday and our yearly total.

Are your floors finished yet? What kind of wood?

Adi, you're still doing BPC? I'm sitting at my computer drinking mine. Stay warm.

I have a friend that says that it's all HAARP's fault for trying to control the weather. If that's what our government is doing, they need to outsource it out to someone better, LOL.
Old 02-03-2014, 01:18 PM   #84
Big Yapper!!!!

kritter - I had what I thought was a normal breakfast. HaHa
BPC, scrambled eggs with shredded cheese and a pork sausage patty. Boy was I surprised when I put it into the calculator. YIKES. BPC is HIGH in calories plus so was the rest of it.
Snow we do not get. Just drizzle and wind which makes it feel like 20 below zero but it isn't. And I love wood floors. My kitche in wood and I grew up in a house with solid wood floors.
And I think I could eat butter plain. Easier than cooking.
Dak - I have had BPC for the past few days to get my fat up. I had one this morning and it is 3pm and I have not eaten anything yet. Will sramble a couple of eggs when I get home as I worked today.
I have two does that are due to kid so they will probably do that tonight so I can sit out there with them and freeze although the heat lamp helps and there is no wind in the horse trailer where I am having them kid this year. But it is still cold. I have one pen all drinking orr the lamba but the little triplets in the othe pen just don't have enough suction yet so it is individual bottles for them. Takes a long time to feed them. But they will get strong enough soon.
Old 02-03-2014, 04:19 PM   #85
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Nope, the floor guys couldn't get here because of the snow storm we had today. It was a very wet snow which made it very slushy and slippery. I made a snowball and it came out more like a packed ice ball. Great for making snowmen if you're crazy enough to stay outside long enough to make one.

The floor guys are coming tomorrow. The flooring I picked is natural hickory. It's one of the harder woods. Here's a picture: http://cdn.coronahardwood.com/ch/product/hickory.jpg

At first I didn't think I'd like the variation in color, but the more I look at it, the more it grows on me. Unfortunately my living room will look nothing like that room lol. Mine is filled with old furniture(next on my hit list), dog beds and dog bones.

Adi, is all that fat helping with your sugar cravings? Good luck with the babies tonight! If it was me, they'd be having the babies in my living room so that I could be curled up on my nice warm sofa waiting for them LOL.

I seemed to be hungry all day today. But that seems to be normal for me during snow storms. I was busy with work so that helped keep me from too much munching.

Oh you know, I finally tried Kerry Gold butter. That is some good butter. I might be able to eat that straight. I got the kind in the tub that's supposed to be softer, but it's not that soft. And I also got the "brick" of it. The brick one says that it's cultured, but the tub isn't cultured. I really like the cultured one. I spread a hunk of it on my dry tasteless pork chop today and it made it very edible
Old 02-03-2014, 07:14 PM   #86
Big Yapper!!!!

kritter - I have the Kerrygold in the tub as that is all I can find here but I really like it in my BPC. And the fat is so taking care of my sugar cravings. I am drinking a cup of broth right now with 1/2 t HWC and 1/2 t butter and it is delicious. I have not even thought about sugar today.

Ended up cooking chard in a big skillet with butter and with the lid on. It was sort of steamed and fried. Delicious though. Extra fat with not protein.
Old 02-04-2014, 04:44 AM   #87
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mmm sounds delish.

I made pork chops the other day that turned out dry and just plain awful. But I made a gravy/broth by deglazing the pan with chicken stock and adding tarragon, butter and heavy cream. And there was already a lot of olive oil in the pan. It turned out so delish. I'll try to make that my main food for the day because with all of that fat I certainly won't be hurting for calories.

I HAVE to cut out cheese and wheat. I keep saying that but every time I go out to eat and have a glass of wine, I cave in to the bread because I don't want to get drunk. But I'm having serious sinus problems. My eyes are red and oozy. And I have a rash on my neck and a rash on my arm. Fortunately both are small but the one on my arm is gross and bumpy and itchy. I really think it's an autoimmune reaction to the crap I'm eating.

So if you hear me mention cheese or bread in my diet, please feel free to slap me upside my head.

I know cream and milk are dairy but I seem to be having these issues since I added a lot of cheese to my diet. So I'm going to try cutting it out along with wheat to see if I see improvement in my sinuses and skin.

I'm living in a beautiful winter wonderland right now. The snow is clinging to every tiny little branch on every tree. It would be even prettier if it was 80 degrees and sunny
Old 02-06-2014, 05:36 AM   #88
Big Yapper!!!!

I looked outside this morning and was surprised to see white. It is probably sleet so I am sure glad I went to work yesterday and can stay home today. The scale surprised me too with a 141.8 reading. I lost 2 1/2 pounds of water weight last night. Thank goodness. My legs have been swollen too long.
Off to drink BPC and get layered up to go do chores.
Old 02-06-2014, 07:38 AM   #89
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Morning!
(I haven't been getting thread notifications )
I do like the floor you picked out, and when you said your furniture isn't modern, I could visualize it even better. I'm not a fan of most modern furniture. Older furniture is made better. Anyway, your floors are going to be just beautiful.

LOL at eating Kerrygold butter straight. My son told me he does that sometimes. I've never seen it in a tub, just either the silver or gold foil. Your trader joes doesn't carry it?

I've never been able to lose weight eating cheese. Over Christmas I bought a really excellent cheddar to do grilled cheese for easy meals with guests. There is still some left. Thank goodness for my food saver. It's not going bad, but still I wish I hadn't bought so much.

Adi, snow? Such strange weather. I woke to the sound of rain this morning.
Old 02-06-2014, 01:55 PM   #90
Big Yapper!!!!

Snow, sleet AND new babies. Twin does out of my best young doe. Beautiful coal black with a white splash on the side. They are in the house in a big plastic tub. Sleeping soundly.
Since my chores were interrupted by birthing babies I took until almost noon to get everything done.
DH has gone to town to Tractor Supply to use some coupons we got for gates, and blue jeans. Our fencing project needs gates.
DS has purchased himself a washer and dryer set. He bought what he wanted used from another soldier and picked them up last night. At least they can wash their clothes now. Our last conversation was on boiling eggs. Never thought about teaching him how to boil eggs. I did teach him how to scramble eggs and make cornbread.
Almost time to go out and start chores all over again. Right out of Houston they had funny looking sleet. Looked like dippin dots or Styrofoam.