Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2013, 02:28 AM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Ailuros
WOE: Controlled carb, real food
UK/Europe/Middle East/Ex-pats ó Winter

Iím afraid thereís no escaping it any longer. Itís winter.
Ailuros is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2013, 03:58 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 264.6 (restart 260.2)/255/140
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: 6 May 2014
I so wish there was a 'like' button - I'm hearing all the 'first day of Summer' from my Aussie friends - and the weather is still divine here!!

As soon as I got back home, I was hit with a nasty cold - I have been trying to decide if I blame Kissa, DH or SIL!!! Almost over it now and trying to push on!!!

I bought loads of vitamins etc back from the UK - and am now establishing my routine for taking them -not easy - I have the morning ones, the night time ones and the ones I have with a meal! Interestingly I'm now on about day 3 of taking them - and one of them is supposed (I think) to help with hunger! I didn't plan today to be a down day - but I woke up and the power went off at the same time - so I headed to the office without a cup of tea and a slice (or two) of toast and it's now 3.55pm and I'm still not truly hungry. I ate 2 extra light laughing cow cheese triangles at 1.30 - because surely I was hungry - well I'm not! So, something nice and light for dinner and a DD under my belt!!!

Hope everyone has a great winter!!! tee hee hee!!
Old 12-01-2013, 05:16 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lola5k
WOE: Low Carb/Atkins/JUDD
Start Date: Atkins 2004/JUDDD Feb 2012
boo hoo...Thank you Ailruos.
lola5k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 05:39 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: shykins
Stats: 262/147 goal
WOE: atkins
Start Date: 19th April 2004
brrrrr u are right it IS winter
shykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 10:42 AM   #5
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Not too cold here in Devon, but I haven't actually left the house. Thanks Ailuros for starting the new thread.

That will be the Pterostilbene and the Resveratrol VIcky, especially the Ptero. Wonderful result, hope it continues. Sorry about the the cold, hope you are feeling better soon.

We are having a serious 'Life Laundry' here this weekend. Getting rid of soooo much stuff, very good feeling.

My DD is going well hope the scales are down a bit tomorrow, first weigh in of December.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 11:14 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

OMG Mimosa the soup was lush lush Didn't do the meatballs just did the soup and it was enough.

They we tasted our Rumtopft. Tradition to taste 1st Sunday on December. Just one strawberry and one cherry but equally lush lush.

We are also trying to do a real life laundry here too Kissa we have so much stuff to get rid of...just about to put a few things on the big selling site. You sell but the fees are becoming horrendous with being charged on your postage as well. Still it.ll get some pennies in I am sure.

Last edited by lola5k; 12-01-2013 at 11:16 AM..
Old 12-01-2013, 01:30 PM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

263 cals - easiest unintentional DD ever! Easiest, full stop! Couldn't finish my dinner!
MintQ8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 03:18 PM   #8

I should sell too, but the Hospice shop and Devon air ambulance get is all, lol.
Old 12-02-2013, 12:31 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Yes we have given loads out to the Charities - took a TV and some other stuff last week. And believe you me I still have enough to fill half a charity shop lol!!

I've given my kids until March to retrieve what they want of all the stuff they have left behind and if its not claimed by then than that will also be going! Tho Kissa as you say its very refreshing. However, all the stuff I am selling I will get a good price for so the cash will help for Xmas.

Hope everyone has a good week.
Old 12-02-2013, 02:22 PM   #10

Nice plan.

Good start to the week with gym, facial and a long walk into town. A bit more Xmas shopping and a good supermarket shop.

Lunch out to celebrate SIL's 70th tomorrow. Up day.
Old 12-02-2013, 02:28 PM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

It’s only one meal, so you should be able to keep the total for the day under control! Have a good time.

I went up 2Ĺ lbs during our week of visitors, but still started December lighter than I started November, so not bad overall. The next couple of weeks I need to stay well on track to limit the damage of 2 weeks away over Christmas.
Old 12-02-2013, 02:46 PM   #12

I am still trying to get under 9st 4 regularly….

Grrrr.
Old 12-02-2013, 03:15 PM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Those numbers! But you will get back down there! So frustrating to have to do it all again though. I think we’ve all been there — and snarled at it .
Old 12-03-2013, 12:23 AM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: shykins
Stats: 262/147 goal
WOE: atkins
Start Date: 19th April 2004
kissa its about time for your what u eat between xmas and Ny siggy isnt it?

u are all doing well so no snarling ailuos lol

x
shykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 12:54 AM   #15
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Mimosa23
Stats: 227.2/203.2/160
WOE: NK/ IF
Start Date: 2 January 2014
Hi all! Better late than never, I'm joining in on the winter fun!

Lola, glad you liked the soup! You can also use broccoli, kohlrabi, butternut squash, courgette.... All yummy!

Haven't got much to report. Weekend was lovely, brother had a nice birthday party. Of course nobody took into account that I can't eat wheat or wheat derived products, so I looked like I washed my face with bleach the day after the dinner. All dry, with eczema and angry hot itchy red blotches. Really charming. Still there this morning. It will take up to two weeks to disappear.

I already ranted and raved about it, so my irritation/anger is gone now. I'm just sad sometimes that it's obviously not important enough to keep me in consideration or remember when making food, and meantime that I'm expected to take everyone else into account when they come and stay with me. C'est la vie! Next visit to the family I'll bring lots of food with me, so at least I'm not fasting most of the time and I won't get any nasty reactions either.

My back is awful. The lower area, where I normally have pain is as good as it can be right now, so not bothering me, but the physio did some manipulation in my neck/upper back/shoulder area, and I'm in agony now. Got headaches to go with the muscle pain too. Great. I do realise that this happens after every manipulation, and I'm in pain for 2-3 days, but it's no way to be at work right now! Oh well....

So, I'm complaining. Sorry, I'll start the rest of the month on a better note, LOL!

We'll get cold weather and snow Friday and the rest of the weekend apparently. So it will be all the better visiting the Christmas market and having a naughty mulled wine or five, LOL! Got brother and sister visiting for the weekend, so with that kind of weather predicted it will be fun! I've got my (obligatory) winter tyres on the car so I'm all good.

I'm actually getting a new car on the 17th, so I'm really excited! This time I'm getting an automatic, which will make my drive to work all the better. All I'm doing is shifting gears, as most of the way is stop-start driving...

Nothing much else to report except for useless rambling, so I'll stop now and wish everyone a lovely day!

xxx Mims.

female, 38y/o, 5'10"

UK/European LCF Hangout: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...-1-2014-a.html
Mimosa23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 07:05 AM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Mimosa: Sorry about your back issues, being a fellow sufferer I can feel you pain and know there are others here too who share the same problems.

Hopefully you will get some respite soon. Yes 2 or 3 days post "beat up" you are usually in more pain but hopefully that will disappear soon.

Re eczema breakout. There was a programme on here recently in the UK where a panel of doctors looked at peoples home made recipes for ailments and voted whether they would work or not. A girl came on with a solution for eczema etc. Plain yoghurt with a teaspoon of tumeric stirred in. The people who used it said that their spots and eczema etc were really much better after 3 days. Doctors however said no evidence to support it worked...BUT they only trialed it for 3 days and I don't think it was enough. The volunteers put in on their face like a face mask and left for 5/10 mins each day...so maybe worth considering and you could eat yoghurt mix afterwards...No only joking

Kissa: Hope that your magic will start to work on those numbers but its the time of year and very difficult with all the social events etc.

Ailuros: Your gain is not bad considering what you probably ate and again I know that you will soon whizz that off.

Shy: Hope that you are doing OK on induction and your clothes are feeling looser?

I.ve got a mouth full of ulcers again!! I don't consider that I am run down so don't know why. Back on the Vitamin B boost hopefully that will help.

Hi to everyone else reading hope that your week is going OK.

AND OMG that cauliflower soup is soooo lush...

Last edited by lola5k; 12-03-2013 at 07:11 AM..
Old 12-03-2013, 07:09 AM   #17
Blabbermouth!!!

Lola, I'm not selling the stuff, but I use it and I find it's healing effects fabulous: fermented cod liver oil... It really is awful, but such a miracle worker as far as supplements go. Couldn't recommend it more. I buy them in capsule form now, so it's not to gruesome to take. They aren't cheap, but I think they are worth their cost. I buy stuff from Green Pasture called Blue Ice fermented cod liver oil/royal butter oil capsules.

Also helpful with ulcers of course is vit C, but not the regular stuff. There's not enough bioavailable vit C in it. I get some natural acerola vit C powder, that is high dosage. Works well.

Hope your ulcers go away quickly!

xxx
Old 12-05-2013, 12:26 AM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Thank you Mim x
Old 12-05-2013, 01:47 AM   #19
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Iíve just ordered some of the fermented CLO .

After getting all the other bits of our heating fixed, the boiler stopped working on Tuesday, so we have no heating or hot water . I hope we can get a new one fitted before we go up to my parentsí for Christmas ó but you always end up hitting some regulation thatís changed since you last had anything done and that means you canít just slot a new one in.
Old 12-05-2013, 03:14 AM   #20

Nightmare!

Off to the hairdressers.
Old 12-05-2013, 03:20 AM   #21
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

There always seems to be one or other of us having heating problems!

Have a lovely time at the hairdressers, Kissa.
Old 12-05-2013, 03:46 AM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Awh Ailuros....nightmare..hope you get it sorted cos its getting really cold now.

Yep me as well Kissa I.m off to hairdressers now...is it worth even having it blow dried...its so windy it.lll probably blow my head off when I come out lol
Old 12-05-2013, 04:26 AM   #23
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

They don’t know if there’s anything that can be installed where the present boiler is that will meet current requirements. And moving it to the other end of the house would be a huge job. Way more than we can afford. So I really hope they can manage to wiggle something through the various regulation, or I don’t know what we’ll do.
Old 12-05-2013, 08:17 AM   #24
Senior LCF Member

OMG an even bigger nightmare Ailuros. Let's hope that they can figure something out in the current situation to meet regulations....otherwise
Old 12-05-2013, 08:30 AM   #25
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

The builders are talking to the council! Anyway, we had some nice warm soup for lunch (actually the tail end of coq au vin that was mostly sauce with a bit of chicken and mushroom) and it didn’t seem so hopeless after that.
Old 12-05-2013, 03:42 PM   #26

Oh dear that isn't good. Glad the soup was good though.

As you say Lol the blow dry was a bit pointless, lol.
Old 12-05-2013, 09:37 PM   #27
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yum, Coq au vin!
MintQ8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 02:44 AM   #28
Blabbermouth!!!

Sending good thoughts for you, Ailuros! Hope things get sorted soon.

Our heating is causing problems as well. The repairman was there yesterday and had to order a part, so hopefully he'll actually fix it on Monday... We do have heat and hot water, we just have to check constantly if the boiler is still running or showing a failure notice and then resetting it. With both of us working we seem to have to do this every evening when we come home to a freezing house! Annoyed is not the word to describe how I am feeling about this.

So the storm more or less passed, and we got out pretty much unscathed here in our part of Germany. The north didn't get away so damage free unfortunately.
Hope all of you didn't get it too bad!

Here, it's snowing at the moment. I am NOT ready for real winter, so I'm feeling a little stroppy at the mo, LOL! Getting into work was awful, even though everyone has winter tyres, the roads were gritted and the snow did not settle... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! Will be just as exciting getting home I'm sure!

At least it will be lots of fun drinking a mulled wine, as the weather really calls for it right now, LOL!

Brother and sister are coming to stay for the weekend, so I'm really looking forward to that.

Nothing else to report, so I wish you all a lovely weekend!

xx Mims
Old 12-06-2013, 02:48 AM   #29
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I ordered another electric convector heater, which has just arrived, so we can set up one or two warm spots, and they’re supposed to be connecting an immersion heater today, so at least we’ll have hot water. I’m bundled up like the Michelin man. Still waiting for the quotation for the boiler…
Old 12-06-2013, 05:45 AM   #30
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

We have an immersion heater! I can have a bath tonight!