Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2013, 04:58 PM   #211
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Wisteria
Stats: 242/176/120
WOE: stillman's/primal
Start Date: March 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garden View Post
Checking in late today . Still the same here but that's fine with me.

Wisteria! And, YES! Please share your secrets with us! We would all love to be such losers!

FF - so sorry for the scale bumps. it would p*** me off to see that also!

Beach - Good for you on holding the number down.
I've been following the Stillman's diet, why the weight went up ,but i'm determined to see the numbers drop.
Wisteria is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2013, 05:04 PM   #212
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: treelover
Stats: 193/183/120
WOE: modified Atkins
Start Date: November 1st, 2007 Redo Oct. 30, 2010
Can I join too?

Hi all,

May I join this challenge? I need some motivation and this sounded like the place to be. I gained back most of my 30lb weight loss after falling of the low carb wagon.

My goal for Christmas is to be jogging at least 3 miles, loose 10 lbs, and check in daily.

Menu for today
B Coffee with cream, pumpkin "pancake", 3 slices bacon
L Variety of cheeses and salami
D Chef salad

Best of luck with your goals!

Last edited by treelover; 11-20-2013 at 05:05 PM.. Reason: big goof
treelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 05:24 PM   #213
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Checking in late today . Still the same here but that's fine with me.

Wisteria! And, YES! Please share your secrets with us! We would all love to be such losers!

FF - so sorry for the scale bumps. it would p*** me off to see that also!

Beach - Good for you on holding the number down.
Thanks Garden,I'm following the Stillman's QWL diet , after the first week an average of 5 pounds a week are lost on average, i 've challenged myself to lose 30 lbs in 6 weeks .I've told my husband about my 30 lb goal,he's been preparing a lot of my meals and watching what i eat like a hawk making sure i don't cheat. Anyway's i like being in the company of Losers

Last edited by Wisteria; 11-20-2013 at 05:27 PM..
Old 11-20-2013, 07:13 PM   #214
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: beachagain
Stats: 162/150/140s
WOE: Fast Metabolism Diet
Start Date: September 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by treelover View Post
Hi all,

May I join this challenge? I need some motivation and this sounded like the place to be. I gained back most of my 30lb weight loss after falling of the low carb wagon.

My goal for Christmas is to be jogging at least 3 miles, loose 10 lbs, and check in daily.

Menu for today
D Chef salad

of course you can

everyone else
beachagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 08:50 PM   #215
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LowCarbedD
Stats: 169.2/139/149
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restart 8/13
Quote:
Hi all,

Menu for today
D Chef salad

nice to meet you!!
LowCarbedD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 03:21 AM   #216
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oldafw
Stats: 162/139.0/127
Start Date: 5/7/11
Hi new peeps!!!! love a busy thread. Holding my own, no wine and a bag of chips. Wasnt as hard as I thought. I think I create habits quickly.

Day two of "Not Eating everything You see" Diet today. Giving myself a few days to transition.
oldafw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 04:57 AM   #217
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldafw View Post
Hi new peeps!!!! love a busy thread. Holding my own, no wine and a bag of chips. Wasnt as hard as I thought. I think I create habits quickly.

Day two of "Not Eating everything You see" Diet today. Giving myself a few days to transition.

For the record....I was on that 'eat every thing you see diet' after boozing...I think my results were better. I gained like 10-20 pounds...not just a couple!!

Last edited by beachagain; 11-21-2013 at 05:01 AM..
Old 11-21-2013, 07:19 AM   #218
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: FatFatnomore
Stats: Fat/Less Fat
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: October 26, 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowCarbedD View Post
81 min walk!! 69 min left until I reach my 420 min exercise goal for the week.
It was a beautiful day..sunny warm ( 60's)..I always feel like I get more of a workout when I walk outside!!!

I had a great lunch with our son, I had a Greek salad..only ate about 1/2..and was full..dinner will be turkey vegetable soup...and veggies and dip..and decaf w/ hnh.
I love the way you give yourself a certain amount of minutes as your goal for the week! That's a great idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
I've been following Stillmans QWL diet,the average person is supposed to lose 7-15 lbs the first week,than an average of 5 lbs a week afterwards,It's a combination of low carb/low fat,lean meats,seafood ,low fat cottage cheese,boiled eggs,everything is cooked without added fat...and and a minimum of 8 -10 oz cups of water.
Thanks for sharing Wisteria! I tried that years ago and actually had GREAT results, but I think I missed cheese too much at the time and that's why I quit. That was years ago though...and these days I rarely eat cheese so maybe I should give it a shot.

Quote:
Hi all,

Menu for today
D Chef salad

treelover! We're so happy to have you join us and your goals sound very doable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldafw View Post

Yay Olda! You're making your comeback too! I can feel it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachagain View Post

For the record....I was on that 'eat every thing you see diet' after boozing...I think my results were better. I gained like 10-20 pounds...not just a couple!!
You know Beach, as much as I loved the results from hcg...I really think it did a number on a lot of us. I know I developed some REALLY horrible binge eating issues after doing hcg so many times. Like, not the normal bingeing that most overweight people talk about. I'm talking like...eating as much as I could in a short amount of time because I just can't take the hunger anymore!

I think slow and steady is just the best way to lose. I know I will get tempted to do hcg again because it really did help me drop a big amount of weight in a short time...but everything comes with a price, I guess.
FatFatnomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 07:22 AM   #219
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning All!

Got my exercise done again this morning. I'm really loving my morning workouts and I'm even getting over my phobia of working out with other people in the gym. hahahah

The scale moved down 1 pound, so only 2 more pounds to get back to where I was before TOM started.

Menu today:
B: Green Juice
L: raw almonds
D: baked tilapia, steamed broccoli
Old 11-21-2013, 08:32 AM   #220
Major LCF Poster!

Start Date: Restart: July 14,2014 Restart
I have been down, stressed, and a bit lost.
I am trying to get it together today... I was doing so well and now I just don't care.
Low Carb Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 10:24 AM   #221
Senior LCF Member

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

I can stand and testify about the eat-till-you-pop after boozing it up. I am also trying to dry up do to my lack of willpower after a few to many. It is always nice to know that I am not the only one...so thank you for sharing!

Librarian...I am so sorry that you are feeling down. Maybe doing something just for your self today will help. I think that in this busy world we sometimes forget to do something kind for ourselves. I hope you are feeling better soon.

Menu
B coffee/cream
L Variety of cheese
D Chef salad....again (we are trying to eat up a ham before it goes to the dark side )

I need to look at the recipe index to breath some new life into my diet!

Have a great day all!
Old 11-21-2013, 11:06 AM   #222
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Carb Librarian View Post
I have been down, stressed, and a bit lost.
I am trying to get it together today... I was doing so well and now I just don't care.
LCL, I fall into this trap too often. I get upset or depressed about something, so I eat crap, then I feel like crap for eating crap and I don't want to leave the house, so I sit home in my yoga pants and eat more crap...and the cycle continues. Next thing I know, I've gained 15-20 pounds and it takes months to get it off again.

The best advice I can give you is STOP RIGHT NOW! don't wait until tomorrow. Just get back on track this second. Start with a low carb lunch or dinner. Keep it low carb the rest of the day. Go outside and walk for 5 minutes, then turn around and walk back. Even if it's only 10 minutes of exercise, you will feel better. I promise. Then fill a big water bottle and drink as much as you can.

I know when you're in it you feel like it's impossible to get back on track and you have zero motivation to do so. But you CAN do it. We've all been there. YOU have been here before and you kicked your own butt back into gear. You can do it again. Just start now. This second.

Last edited by FatFatnomore; 11-21-2013 at 11:08 AM..
Old 11-21-2013, 12:10 PM   #223
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Garden
Stats: 176/144.8/Skinny (5'4")
WOE: LC/LC
Start Date: 12/12/11(restart)10/02/13
LCL - I totally agree with FF and I hope you can get past the yucky blah time you are going through! A little sunshine can do wonders for a pick me up! I know it helps me a great deal - even if it's freezing cold outside. Bundle up and walk a short distance - you'll feel better!

Treelover! Nice to have you on board! Are you an outside nature person? I am!

Wisteria - Stillman's huh ! I glanced over the plan and it looks like it's low carb/low calorie and low fat. I don't know if I could give up the fat, it keeps me from getting the pangs of hunger . But maybe, I should try something a little out of my comfort zone to get the weight to drop!

Beach & Old - I know the "grazing" nightmare all too well! I was back in forth to the kitchen from 8-10 pm filling my face with everything in sight when I was recently "out of control". I have reigned in the monster lately and hope to stay focused by eating protein, fat and veggies.

Last edited by Garden; 11-21-2013 at 12:11 PM..
Garden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 12:29 PM   #224
Major LCF Poster!

Forgot to add: Stillman's says I should weigh 112-120 for my height! 5'4 I'd be a skeleton . I was around 125 when I got married 27 years ago.
Age has plumped me up.
Old 11-21-2013, 01:04 PM   #225
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Cudabear
Stats: 168/151/140 - 5'4
WOE: 4:3 - Low Carb/Low Cal
Start Date: Sept 2013
Ugh - Do I ever understand the over doing it!
I went to a football party this weekend and chowed down on spring rolls, wine, eggnog, M&M's, chips and dip, and just generally anything else that was near my hand. By the time I got home my belly had bloated out so far it looked (and felt) like I swallowed a beach ball. I gained 5lbs the next day and have spent the remainder of this week so sick that I have barely been able to eat anything.
I know I have said it a hundred times before but I am DONE with gluten & carbs. This was my moment, I am so finished. The funniest part is I used to dread weekends and get together because I was worried about all the food and cheating, now I have absolutely no desire to eat anything outside my approved foods. This week has sucked big time, but it may have been exactly what I needed to get myself on track and stay on track for a permanent life change. I don’t ever want to forget how bad these foods are for me and what happens when I let them take over.
Cudabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 01:45 PM   #226
Senior LCF Member

I love this thread! I cant wait to visit every morning!!!

What are your rewards for completing this challenge?
Old 11-21-2013, 01:46 PM   #227
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cudabear View Post
Ugh - Do I ever understand the over doing it!
I went to a football party this weekend and chowed down on spring rolls, wine, eggnog, M&M's, chips and dip, and just generally anything else that was near my hand. By the time I got home my belly had bloated out so far it looked (and felt) like I swallowed a beach ball. I gained 5lbs the next day and have spent the remainder of this week so sick that I have barely been able to eat anything.
I know I have said it a hundred times before but I am DONE with gluten & carbs. This was my moment, I am so finished. The funniest part is I used to dread weekends and get together because I was worried about all the food and cheating, now I have absolutely no desire to eat anything outside my approved foods. This week has sucked big time, but it may have been exactly what I needed to get myself on track and stay on track for a permanent life change. I don’t ever want to forget how bad these foods are for me and what happens when I let them take over.
Old 11-21-2013, 01:47 PM   #228
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Forgot to add: Stillman's says I should weigh 112-120 for my height! 5'4 I'd be a skeleton . I was around 125 when I got married 27 years ago.
Age has plumped me up.
me too!!!
Old 11-21-2013, 05:58 PM   #229
Major LCF Poster!

Start Date: Restart: July 14,2014 Restart
Hey all. Thanks for the encouragement.

I did a DD today, but wow was it ever hard! I am still in the danger zone, so it is not over yet. It is a coworkers Bday ( took a piece of cake for tomorrows UD) and I have a party for my library guitar group tonight (pizza and cake!)

I plan to save a little bit for my UD and not let it touch my lips tonight!

Still a lot of stress going on and TOM is treating be badly, but I will survive.
Low Carb Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 06:33 PM   #230
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatFatnomore View Post
You know Beach, as much as I loved the results from hcg...I really think it did a number on a lot of us. I know I developed some REALLY horrible binge eating issues after doing hcg so many times. Like, not the normal bingeing that most overweight people talk about. I'm talking like...eating as much as I could in a short amount of time because I just can't take the hunger anymore!

I think slow and steady is just the best way to lose. I know I will get tempted to do hcg again because it really did help me drop a big amount of weight in a short time...but everything comes with a price, I guess.
I wanted to address this right away...my bingeing was alcohol...I initially like hcg because I craved nothing...I didn't miss alcohol, sugar, any food. Then something went haywire and I couldn't wait to drink when I was done...then it stopped working when I went on a round and I would drink while on hcg so I was like wth am I doing?
I ate less than I drank but my food choices were awful...sigh
...and I totally know what you mean about hunger and not wanting to take it anymore...The best thing that ever happened to me is the hcg NOT working...I am feeling so much better on this plan..I hate P2, but I can eat this way long term and it gives me a healthy relationship with foods...no food is bad...there are a couple of things off limits during the diet...and all the bad stuff I eliminated a long time ago...but I can eat a lot of great things at certain times of the day so nothing is really off limits...at least for long...and yes, it's slow...this isn't a fast diet, but I will take it

Goal: Maintenance
Old 11-22-2013, 04:18 AM   #231
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oldafw
Stats: 162/139.0/127
Start Date: 5/7/11
Morning all, not a bad day again. I think I will be ready for a real push Monday morning. I just feel so much better without the unhealthy crap in the world. I need to remind myself of this regularly.
oldafw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 04:43 AM   #232
Major LCF Poster!

Same, same, same! Funeral today - not looking forward to it..........
Old 11-22-2013, 08:35 AM   #233
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Cudabear
Stats: 168/151/140 - 5'4
WOE: 4:3 - Low Carb/Low Cal
Start Date: Sept 2013
Dropped the 5lbs from my weekend binge, but not an ounce more – Take the small wins, right?!
Quiet weekend ahead of me. Focus forward and planning for a good week of loss.
Cudabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 08:51 AM   #234
Senior LCF Member

Hi all!

Cudabear, congrats on the 5lb loss!

Windy, glad it is a good day and I hope it keeps up for you! How cold is it in New York now?

Susan, sorry about the funeral. And yes, I love anything outdoors. It is when I am at my happiest!

It is really cold here so I am unmotivated to get going today, but the DH and dog are panting for their AM walk.

Menu

B scrambled egg/salsa, coffee/cream
L salmon patty with pesto (yum)
D green bean stir fry and ???

Have a great day!
Tam
Old 11-22-2013, 10:36 AM   #235
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Dropped the 5lbs from my weekend binge, but not an ounce more – Take the small wins, right?!
Old 11-22-2013, 10:41 AM   #236
Senior LCF Member

Its cold and rainy here...trying to get motivated to finish out my exercise for the week..
I am eating well...so far...its been a good week..I will weigh Mon but my focus is on staying on plan and exercise goals...
Old 11-22-2013, 03:39 PM   #237
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Congrats,on the 5lb lost,a loss is a loss
Old 11-22-2013, 03:43 PM   #238
Junior LCF Member

[QUOTE=treelover;16690995]Hi all,

Menu for today
D Chef salad

Treelover ,the more the merrier! I looked at your stats were almost the same weight and have the same goal weight,cool.
Old 11-22-2013, 03:48 PM   #239
Junior LCF Member

I'm soThis is day 15 for me , i'm down another pound ,but best of all ,down a pants size . In March i was a size 22 now i fit comfortably in a size 16,it's been over 10 years since i've been this size.
Old 11-22-2013, 04:49 PM   #240
Senior LCF Member

Way to go Wisteria!

Congratulations on your weight loss!
From size 22 to 16? You are the woman!!! With close to the same stats it will be fun to watch our progress together (though I only hope for your success) Have you had to get an whole new wardrobe?

Have a great evening!