Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2013, 06:19 AM   #151
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debbiedo
Stats: pretty close to perfect!
WOE: mindful eating/running off the pounds
Start Date: over and over again
I started my exercises and haven't finished them. Yes, I need a break. Can't get to gym tomorrow morning because of staff meeting then work. Might go after work.

I am having a lazy day. Do need to prepare for a meeting tonight at 6:30. Been asked to help with medical for big 10K in April. I am giving input,advice and direction but not in charge.

I need one more shortie gift I think. My favorite things tend to be beauty items or food. Trying not to get stuck on this. You know those items you can't live without from the drug store. Wonder what others are. I won't say mine because one or two might be in my gift.
I have to find the right sized box or I will buy one. I have bubble wrap and tape.

I am very upset with myself for messing up our trip to Rehoboth. We love going with our friends. I think the wedding, new house and my back issues at the time I was making my schedule could have messed with my brain. I am sure DH not happy.

Then we are invited to the White House again for Christmas Party and I am working. He is seeing if his cousin wants to come. I can't call out and don't want to lose hours. Trying to find someone to work a Monday is hard. I just opted out of going this year. Let him take another family member for the experience. Wish they sent an invite for a day I don't work.

So much disappointment the last two days. I am a bit sad.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2013, 06:28 AM   #152
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: handbells
Stats: too much/not enough/just right
Start Date: today!
Debbie-lazy days are good. I am sorry to hear you will miss the White House Party. Don't beat yourself up over missing your trip to Rehoboth. You had and have so much going on that I think you need to give yourself a break!

I don't think I really have any favorites of anything. I don't have a favorite candy, I don't drink coffee or tea so no favorite there. No favorite lotion. I'm so boring. lol.
Old 11-19-2013, 06:41 AM   #153

I thought the same thing Jenn but I do have favorite things.
I love certain candy. Don't eat one because of gluten. Occasionally treat myself to caramel creams. Used to buy a few every day I worked at a hospital that sold penny candy in gift shop way back when.

I have certain things I use every day. Same soap etc.

I better stop being lazy because I am getting myself into a funk here.
Old 11-19-2013, 07:05 AM   #154

MK has private messaged me. She has been catching up since she got back and Phil may have had a kidney stone plus had to have skin cancer removed so busy with the doctor.

Some times it is hard to catch up here after being away but I am sure she will.

I know after going to Israel it took me a while just to feel rested and catch up. Travel and time change alone messes you up. Catching up at home too.

I told her we miss her.

I am beyond lazy here. Trying to figure out Thanksgiving.
DS29 was coming then wasn't now get is I think. He helps me cook.

I can't believe it is next week.

DH and I might go away the weekend I asked for off. Not the race weekend but the next one. We have Marriott points we can use. Needs to be somewhere close I guess.

Last edited by debbiedo; 11-19-2013 at 07:08 AM..
Old 11-19-2013, 09:07 AM   #155
Blabbermouth!!!

Debbie-I'm sure you know, but Hanukkah starts next week too!
Old 11-19-2013, 09:33 AM   #156

Yes Jenn. I am having potato pancakes on thanksgiving too. Reminds me I need to buy Chanukah candles.

I will make them Wednesday and reheat Thursday I think. May need to make applesauce too.
Old 11-19-2013, 10:04 AM   #157
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks for reminding me about candles. I need to pick those up too.

We are having brisket on Thanksgiving with the turkey and I'm thinking of making latkes the day after. We'll see.
Old 11-19-2013, 10:11 AM   #158

We don't really do much for Chanukah but since they will all be here making latkes.

Not doing gifts for Chanukah. We paid a ton for wedding, new house, pay my son lost during shut down and big time car repairs for him. Plus we paid for his ring setting and gave him a diamond I don't wear.

We will buy for Bella, make pies,buy for our neighbors.
Old 11-19-2013, 11:59 AM   #159
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kellydawne

Two days in a row, hopefully I will keep it going...

I went to yoga this morning, it was gorgeous and full of laughter! I love my lighthearted yoga class on the beach!

Cindy, hopefully your meeting will go well! They shouldn't change everyone's schedule for one person's preference.
Fletcher is absolutely adorable! Keep those baby pics coming!

DS20 has a very long Christmas break, finals end around the 13th and he isn't taking a J-term because he's having Lasik, so he'll be here until about Jan. 28th or so. All of his really good friends are athletes, so adding an extra kid to feed is more like adding an additional family to feed especially when they are in the pool working out. Boys can be expensive to feed!

I don't cook vegan very well. DS16 has a very good friend that sometimes eats a vegan diet and it always throws me if they are here and I want to feed the kiddos. Usually, she brings her own food, but I feel bad if I can't come up with SOMETHING she can eat with everyone else. (she has recently added eggs and dairy back into her diet, I can easily do that kind of vegetarian, but she goes back and forth between that and vegan.)

Becky, I have never made chicken and dumplins from scratch before. I'm going to try it this year (the way my grandmother makes them) I'm sure they won't be as good as hers, but, I have to start somewhere right?

Debbie, I'm sure being with Bella will help with the disappointments! I haven't really done anything to get ready for Thanksgiving! It will just be the 4 of us this year, but I do like to play in the kitchen so I should probably start thinking about things I want to make.

Jenn, hope things are better with your MIL. Hang in there! The holidays can be tough for family time!

MK & Kaye, we miss you both!
Old 11-19-2013, 12:05 PM   #160

just found some recipes on Pinterest I think I will make for thanksgiving. one is latke recipe. I know how to make but needed measurements for things. one is a roasted brussel sprouts with apples and cranberries. if my middle son comes he will make the stuffing. they all want sweet potatoes with marshmallows. follow kraft recipe so easy. I may just stick to plain old cranberry sauce but would love to make my own. doubtful I will though.

seeing Bella tomorrow or Thursday. wish I knew when because I have a few recipes I want to try. one is for a crockpot hawaiian chicken. the other is just a pulled chicken. you use rotisserie chicken and barbecue sauce. very easy. I just need to know if I should buy for tomorrow and make today or buy for Thursday and make Thursday. If all else fails I will buy dinner at peruvian chicken place and bring it.
Old 11-19-2013, 03:48 PM   #161
Blabbermouth!!!

Kelly-yoga on the beach sounds delightful! I don't think I could do vegan...I like my eggs and dairy too much! lol! I try to avoid soy, so I couldn't do the fake stuff.

Debbie-I always forget about Pinterest for recipes. I always use it for craft stuff.

I love chicken and dumplings...I have a pretty good recipe. The dumplings aren't homemade, but I've made them a few times. We just prefer the other ones.
Old 11-20-2013, 04:29 AM   #162
Queen Bargain Shopper

Gallery: Radmom413
Stats: Always a work in progress!
WOE: SB Vet/NMD
Start Date: Every day is a new start!
Morning!

Well my Dad is causing me issues again. He was texting me while I'm at work and wondering why I am not responding. I don't keep my phone out at work! I can't even wrap my head around this anymore!

Today is a Fletcher day. DD wants to run some errands - she is hoping to not be so sore today. She still can't really lift him and his car seat.....boy those things are heavy!!!

Got my cupcake liners for the party Friday night - also going to make some meatballs and gravy - everyone is bringing dips/crackers/chips and it would be nice to have something else. The plan was to all meet downtown if you wanted to and then back to DD's for 6:30. I am going to opt out of the downtown thing - don't need anything down there and with working and need to get home to gather my stuff and then to get to DD's by 6:30........This should be fun.

Debbie - I always say things happen for a reason. I am sorry you are sad and things didn't work out for the trip and White House, but maybe in the end it will work out for the right reasons. You have had a lot going on the last few months.

I have quite a few just basic every day things I am including in my package. They literally are my favorite things, some of which I can be a little obsessed about, DD23 has some of these same favorites.

Kelly - I can only imagine with boys!!! I will experience that some day. I understand they can eat you out of house and home! DD gets frustrated with people and what they will provide when they know she is vegan.....she however, needs to relax about it. Me and her MIL always try to have real food for her, however her MIL just provides sides. I will do whole meals vegan.

Becky - I laughed about your comment on Joann's. DD23 goes to our Michaels and says how crappy it is.....hers in Milwaukee is HUGE!! I want to go to it! Any scarf in the shortie package???

Jenn - why do you do two grocery stores???? I just couldn't take the time! Are your kids off just for Tday weekend? Some schools close for the whole week!

MK - you need to stop in!

Well, off to work out and then head to DD's!

•○•
"It is what it is."
•○•
Old 11-20-2013, 05:00 AM   #163

I go to two grocery stores if they don't have what I want. Reminds me that I need potato starch for potato pancakes and Giant didn't have it. I will look here in town but may need to drive to one of the two Kosher markets tomorrow.

I am going to class, staff meeting and then working till 3. We are going to Bella's house for dinner. I am trying a new crock recipe. I have to make sides when I get home.
They don't get home till 6. They never have time to cook. Her mom sends food over at times. They eat leftovers or things they can make quickly.

Cindy, car seats are heavy.
How old is Fletcher now? One month??
He is beautiful.

I can't wait to find out what our next grandchild will be. Mirsa is 10 weeks. She is very tired.

Yes, everything happens for a reason. DH and I canceled our weekend. We changed hotel reservations to the following weekend I am off and we will go to deserted Rehoboth and enjoy the ocean,shops,outlets and restaurants. We just need time together with his travel and our busy lives.

I have three sons and know how much food I went through. Mine didn't do sports either.

Jenn, bought Chanukah candles yesterday but may buy better ones at Kosher Mart. The grocery ones are smaller and melt all over.

My son's DF has to talk to her dad about their wedding plans. She started asking me questions yesterday. I don't know their budget. She says he saved money for his daughters weddings. Who knows how much. It will probably be small but very tasteful. The only thing is they love Beauty and the Beast and she wants a Belle dress and a lot of red roses and cake with red roses. They are very in love but don't have a pot to piss in. He has a little stock I wouldn't even tell him about but it isn't a huge amount. She once told me what she saved at one point so they have that but they both make very little. I don't know how they will afford day care on their incomes. He doesn't have a degree. She has a degree that doesn't lead to job opportunities unless she goes to grad school.

I have to leave in an hour and need to get dressed and dry my hair.

I also need to throw ingredients in crock. Only three things. Chicken breasts,barbecue sauce and pineapple chunks. Hope it comes out because it is still around $20 worth of groceries.. Boneless chicken $2.99 a pound but there are 5 big breasts. No such things as a cheap meal anymore.

My favorite things are very daily use items too. I may get one more thing. I just can't remember what each thing actually cost but one thing so it could be a little over. Tried not to go too heavy because in past years my packing/shipping if I had UPS store do it was almost as much as the gifts. I never have the right size box. My neighbor saves boxes. I usually save a few but not the right size.

Time is flying!!

See you when I see you as today is a busy day.
Old 11-20-2013, 07:10 AM   #164
Blabbermouth!!!

Quick pop in...will be back later.

Cindy-I do most of my shopping at Trader Joe's, but I go to Food Lion for a few things. Mostly chips (individual bags) and dessert-y snack-y type foods for lunches, though I don't always get those.
Old 11-20-2013, 07:32 AM   #165
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Rebecca130
Stats: 201/ 183/130
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Jan 23, 2008
Cindy... No comment on my shortie package or I will give it away. I didn't realize it was so close tho... I got the reminder that ya next week. Yikes!

Jenn, I didn't realize you were Jewish too. My aunt joann in Texas converted to Jewish even before she met her husband. I don't think my catholic grandma ever got over it. Only one daughter celebrated Chanukah and she's not Jewish anymore, she's Christian Science but she says she does it for her roots. One daughter is catholic and I'm not sure what the other daughter is but she is something Christian oriented. My aunt celebrated Christmas and not Chanukah but I don't know what she is now. My boyfriend before John was Jewish and I enjoyed celebrating with him and also my cousins when they would come into town from Texas. It was always interesting to me to learn about different faiths. My grandpa use to say with them having 15 kids someone is going to choose a different path and he always supported my aunts and uncles. My gma, she was a totally different story!!!
She had a big problem when mom married my dad cuz he had been married before. She later said he wasn't her favorite pick of moms boyfriends but he turned out to be her best son in law.

I'm getting excited about the exchange. I have my items but need to wrap and pack. And ship! I have so many gifts for Kim, Cory and the girls and Noah to wrap, I hate the wrapping part! I sit on the floor to do it and it gets to my back. I'm going to be 80 and still wrapping on the floor. Haha

My "pot pie" is homemade. It's really like square noodles. Gma called it that cuz it was pie dough dropped in a pot of chicken, diced potatoes, celery, and broth. I call it chicken and dumplings cuz people think of pot pie as baked and it's not. I think I might get my package ready while it's quiet. Hmmm, where is it going to and for whom is the shortie, that is the question!!!???
Old 11-20-2013, 08:39 AM   #166
Big Yapper!!!!

Got my gift ready to go, all wrapped and packaged. Probably will take it Friday to avoid the post office rich next week
Old 11-20-2013, 08:55 AM   #167
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning-
It's DS16's late morning, so now that the season is over he enjoyed getting to sleep in past 7 this morning. (his first class of the day is at 7 every day but Wednesdays)
I was supposed to have a dentist appointment this afternoon, but my dentist is not in town and DH's car wouldn't start Monday night so I rescheduled it just in case he needed my car again today. Fortunately, his car was an easy fix and he only took mine yesterday. That meant I rode my bike for my errands and I really should do that more often anyway. It's about 3 miles to the farmer's market (with a little hill) so that was a good ride there/back. (I went really slow, so not a cardio workout though-I had 3 dozen eggs in my bike basket on the way home so...)

The boys do tend to eat less when they aren't working out as much (which is a good thing that their appetite adjusts to their calorie burn) but still... I made a 3 lb meatloaf for dinner last night and there is maybe one serving leftover. (and DS16 had a big bowl of cream of broccoli soup and mac/cheese to go with his)

I hit a variety of grocery stores too. We have 3 grocery stores in town (and a weekly farmers market) I go to the farmers market most weeks. The farmer that I buy a lot from is only there every other week in the winter so I am now buying more when he is there. (he has fresh eggs, a variety of fruit, avocados, honey, and bee pollen) He won't be there next week and I know I'll bake AND go through more eggs with DS20 home, hopefully 3 dozen will be enough. Otherwise, I go to our 2 chain grocery stores (one of them is closer to my house and I like the other one better) our little natural foods market with the awesome meat department and occasionally go to trader joe's and we now have a really really nice Mexican market just "over the bridge" in the "barrio" that I LOVE! There is one additional ethnic market that I like to get things like spices because they are so much less expensive but it is very inconvenient to get to so I only stop there if I'm already in the area for something else or if I need a lot, otherwise, it doesn't make sense to spend the gas money to get there.

Cindy, I always try to be sensitive to diet restrictions if I know what they are. There are so many crazy diets here that it is a little more acceptable to most people to ask for what you need. When we have parties for DH's office I try to make sure there is something everyone can eat. So, while I don't have a kosher kitchen and I do cook meat on my grill, at least not everything has to have bacon so the people that are Jewish have something that is semi-acceptable and the people that are vegetarian/vegan have something that they are okay eating. (although, there are a few teenage girls that are friends with the boys that won't eat anything cooked where meat was cooked, so tossing a veggie burger on the grill where I cooked meat previously doesn't work for them) I try to minimize my consumption of soy and other processed stuff but I do keep veggie burgers in my freezer so that at least there is something easy for the boys friends if I'm feeding extra kids.

Debbie, small and elegant isn't bad for a wedding. Ours was definitely that and on a very small budget. My flowers were white roses with greenery and my matron of honor had a single white rose and we gave a single white rose to my mom and the grandmothers as well. I had sprays of greenery along the aisle and with the candles and one of my favorite parts of my wedding, the florist made a cake top of rosebuds. It was absolutely beautiful!

Jenn, I love my beach yoga class. It's fun that we dress in layers in the winter and that we embrace all of the distractions of being outside. Sometimes people even bring their little kids and they will wander among all of us and make us laugh. I don't think I could ever do yoga in a studio after doing this for a while. A lot of the studio yoga people are too serious about their quiet/calm...

Becky, your pot pie sounds really good! I found a lc recipe in one of the Dana Carpender cookbooks I might need to try that for dinner tonight! Although, I kinda need to purge my fridge before DS20 comes home, so maybe I should figure out how to combine the little bits of this and that to make something yummy.
Old 11-20-2013, 12:05 PM   #168
Blabbermouth!!!

Becky-I'm not Jewish One of my grandmother's (great or great-great...not sure) on my mom's side was though. However, we have a family friend that lives with us and she is Jewish (though very lax) and I try to honor her holidays.

Cindy-what did I miss? What party? How did the meeting go? Any decision on late nights? I hear you on the phone thing. If I can't answer my phone, I don't, but then my mom gets miffed if she calls and I don't answer.

Debbie-I know you and your DH will have a wonderful time!

Kelly-I would love to have a farmer's market like that! How lucky for you!

"Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!"

"Humankind is simply materialized color operating on the 49th vibration."
Old 11-20-2013, 12:23 PM   #169
Big Yapper!!!!

Sorry Jenn, I thought u were. This was the first I heard u talk about Chanukah and I thought u were Jewish and I had just missed it. My aunt taught me how to make the challah bread(so?) and I use to make that all the time but I haven't since Kim was little
Old 11-20-2013, 12:40 PM   #170
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Cindy, Jenn, and I must have the same parents. Mine get upset if I don't immediately answer my phone or texts. Sometimes I actually turn it off (weird concept huh?) I keep trying to explain to my mom that I won't answer if I'm driving or at the bank or grocery store or on the way out the door or have company or whatever. I always say wouldn't you rather I pick up when we can actually talk rather than me answering the phone and saying I can't talk now.

There are a lot of farmers markets in the area to choose from. Our little local one is my favorite though, mostly because it's small and I see the same vendors every week. Most of what is there is sorta local (within an hour or two) but there is a dairy that ships stuff in from northern Cali and the almond farmer is from somewhere else too. The dairy is really expensive so I don't buy it often but man oh man is it tasty! The boys will eat the butter like cheese when I buy it because it's dense and really tastes good. I try to get my eggs there most weeks they are really fresh and so much better than the grocery store eggs. They are expensive compared to the grocery store, but still eggs are cheap protein.
(if I'm mostly browsing though I have a different favorite farmers market on Sundays. It is really crowded and the people watching is fun and there are food trucks with yummy stuff and a much bigger variety of stuff (even things like hand made soaps and jewelry)
I've gotten really spoiled here!
Old 11-20-2013, 12:56 PM   #171
Big Yapper!!!!

We are becoming quadruplets!!! Mom will call the house or vise versa if I don't answer my phone and then say "I thought something happened"! YEAH IT DID. It's called being busy!!!

Knitting on an infinity scarf for my Jenny consultant in autumn browns. Why? Cuz her name is Autumn. Haha. I actually think her name is beautiful so I hope she doesn't get mad at the colors!!!
Old 11-20-2013, 07:03 PM   #172
Blabbermouth!!!

Becky-it's okay I'm sure your consultant will love her scarf! I'm making my mom the Wingspan shawlette from Ravelry and I've cast on twice now. Why? Because the new kitten keeps chewing it off the needles! lol! I keep putting it in my bag and everything, but she keeps finding it and dragging it out. *sigh* hahahaha
Old 11-20-2013, 07:17 PM   #173
Big Yapper!!!!

Omg... Jenn, Mandy keeps kneading her paws on these. She a declawed so why the need to knead something???
Old 11-21-2013, 04:06 AM   #174
Queen Bargain Shopper

Gallery: Radmom413
Stats: Always a work in progress!
WOE: SB Vet/NMD
Start Date: Every day is a new start!
Wonderful day yesterday!
DD texted me first thing yesterday and said "I love Wednesday's".
I took a video of her singing to Fletcher - it's a song from the Lumineers album that they played the whole time she was pregnant. I had a hard time not crying! Every time he is fussy, she plays it and sings and he quiets right down. I did the same thing with her with the Anita Baker album and the song Rapture. I brought it up on my phone and played it, told her about it - I guess I never had played the song for her - and we were both bawling.

It was a good day - I did some cleaning, laundry, we just sat chatted and I cuddled with Fletch. We did go to TJ for her to pick up a few things, and got Noodles for lunch.

I have my meatballs made for Friday night, tonight I do the cupcakes. DD isn't going downtown either, thank goodness, so I will just go to her house early. Jenn - we do a My Favorite Things Party with a group of 8 women.....it's mostly DD's family - which is my family now - but we have a great time. We bring 5 things and then draw. I will go home with 5 new favorites.

Debbie - small weddings are great - wish DD23 would have done that - it's what she really wanted. Too much money is spent on bigger affairs and then they look back and wish they wouldn't have done it. I don't remember if they set a date?

Jenn - they are talking about a Whole Foods here - lots of interest in it - the closest Trader Joes is in Milwaukee - wish we had one or the other!

Kelly - I think it's great you keep peoples dietary habits in mind.....it's hard though these days.

Becky - DD is making dish cloths for favorite things - those knit cloths are the best. I wish she would make me an infinity scarf - I have hinted.....there are so many really soft yarns out there.

I am still collecting my Favorite Things for my Shortie - it's an assortment, that's for sure, but so fun thinking of all the things I really do like, and enjoy. Debbie - I am keeping in mind weight too.....

Off to work, JA today and open registration at work. It should be busy. Also meeting about our hours......wish me luck!!!
Old 11-21-2013, 04:23 AM   #175

Had a great evening at DS31's house. Bella always entertains us.

I think I will buy food for Thanksgiving today. I have a big list.

Cindy, I used to sing to my youngest when I was pregnant. I swear by 10 months he would sing some of the words with me. His song was Michael Row the Boat Ashore.

There is no wedding date yet. I don't know how small it will be. We don't have a huge family but do have a lot of friends. My son has picked his best man. Kid two door up who has always been his best friend.

DH is taking Monday off to spend my birthday with me.

I don't knit but my sister in laws do. Morag my brothers wife knits constantly and is very talented. She made us knit dish clothes but I couldn't use it for dishes. She made Bella sweater and blanket. She made the top of the Chuppa for DS29's wedding. She turns out scarf after scarf but I don't have one.

Better stop being lazy and do my exercises. My back has been bothering me since Mondays workout. I haven't run. I want to tonight.
Old 11-21-2013, 07:52 AM   #176
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm waiting to hear from the friends I frequently walk with on Thursday mornings since it's raining I don't know if they will want to go.

A couple of us busted our tails to get our calendar fundraiser wrapped up (and ordered) yesterday. We've been sending emails and saying face to face since AUGUST please let me know if you want additional photos/b-day's included and how many you want to order. Anyway, our cutoff was noon yesterday because the print price jumped to full price last night. I sent multiple reminders Tuesday and yesterday and even texted a handful of people, of course this morning I wake up to emails that say, "is it too late to add another photo?" Anyway, just me venting...
It's done and ordered and I'm sorry that you couldn't let me know sometime between Aug. and Nov. that you might want to add another photo. (and, I'm relieved that its done!)

Becky, I love those colors! I'm sure she will too.
I frequently get a text message that says "R U there?" If I don't answer in a fairly short amount of time.

Jenn, I'm sure the kitten is too adorable to get too upset with even if that does have to be frustrating.

Cindy, that sounds like a really nice day yesterday!
The favorite things party sounds like so much fun!
We were downtown over the weekend (DS16's phone got stolen so we had to deal with that) and there is a new whole foods type market in the mall next to the at&t store. We went in intending to just grab something for dinner so we didn't have to get back out. We walked through the store and looked at the prices and walked out without buying anything! I know it's a high rent area and its "grass fed, local, organic..." but no way I'm paying almost $10/lb for a chuck roast! (so scale up from there on the other meat prices!)

Debbie, little kids are so much fun! Bella is such a cutie anyway!
I need to sit down and figure out what we are eating for Thanksgiving. I do have a couple of recipes I want to try too.
Old 11-22-2013, 03:30 PM   #177
Big Yapper!!!!

Where is everyone today?
Old 11-22-2013, 10:03 PM   #178
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Hi!
Yes, I'm still alive!

Rome was fabulous as you can tell from the FB pics.
I controlled my IBS by eating very little for breakfast, no lunch and a very light dinner.
That, plus all the walking means I lost 2 lbs while we were there!
DS21 is doing great and speaking Italian pretty well.

DH got what we thought was a kidney stone on our way home from Chicago.
He had surgery on his ear on Monday and I insisted on a CT scan.
I think they finally gave him one to shut me up.

It's not a kidney stone, it's a thickening on the side of his bladder.
Tumor? Cancer? don't know yet - and can't get a doc appt until Wed.
We're still planning on going to KC for Thanksgiving ~ DD29 and her BF are going too.

DD27 has quit her job in Aspen and will move home and then to Chicago in January - she wants to be an actress and will start auditioning for parts and trying to find a job to live on until then.

DS24 will ask Emily's dad for permission to marry her over Thanksgiving. Emily won't be there, she's staying in NOLA because she'll go home for Christmas.

I've been exercising a lot - and eating when I'm hungry. I'm down to 109.2 this morning. Weird!

I went to a Prep Freeze Cook party last week too - she has a FB page and I have 10 dinners ready to go in the freezer! Score!

Besides that, I'm still trying to do laundry, unpack, find the kitchen table . . . . while I am having a hair appt, pedi, massage and trying to do some shopping.

And dealing with DH and keeping my sanity.

It's been a long week.

Love you all and I'll try to be a better poster.

Circles of fashion are more like spirals, covering the same area but never arriving in the same place twice!

°°◊°°
Old 11-23-2013, 03:26 AM   #179

MK.

Exciting that your son will be getting married.

Last night DS22 and his now fiancé Sarah were over for dinner. They are excited about getting married. They are already looking at venues.

It is hard for me because her mom is very religious. The wedding won't be but their someday children will be brought up catholic. Billy and Mirsa aren't really religious in any way. Bella wasn't baptized. Sarah and Michael's kids will be. Honestly i am not religious but I still have some issues to deal with.

I love Sarah. She is wonderful for our son but I worry about their very low incomes. At least she has a college degree. She just can't do much with it. Her dad feels she wouldn't do well with grad school so not funding it. My son doesn't have a degree. He is making around the same she does. He can slowly move up with Sodexo but it will take years. DH wants him to get a second job.

I am meeting friends to run at 7:30 and need to drive 25 minutes to Bethesda. Better finish getting ready.

Volunteering tonight at a race at Seneca Park. It is lit up with Christmas decorations and the 5K is called Under the Lights Run. It sells out.

Work tomorrow and Tuesday.
Old 11-23-2013, 04:52 AM   #180
Big Yapper!!!!

Awesome need about DS24's engagement. And things running 3s cuz Debbie's son is engaged and now Kim. They went looking for rings last night and she will probably be getting it soon. We really love Cory, he is everything we hoped she would find and is great with the girls and they are excited they will have a brother. Guess they haven't really listened to me wanting to sell mine. Hahahahahaha.

I have scarves picked up on my knitting basket. John, Cory, Kim (3), one for my Jenny consultant, my Lia upline and johns niece that I'm close to and I'm almost done work one for my closest co-worker. She will probably get hers on Monday so she has it for thanksgiving cuz she's going to Columbus at thanksgiving to celebrate Christmas with her mother cuz she won't be back for a whole to visit her. I wanted her to have it when she went home to see her family. I drove to Mason again yesterday (about 45 min one way) to get more yarn and got some black angel hair for Kim. That will make her 4 scarves. I've been having fun making them cuz each one turns out differently depending how the pattern of the yarn falls as I'm knitting. I love to knit!!!
Closed Thread