Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2013, 04:06 AM   #61
Queen Bargain Shopper

Gallery: Radmom413
Stats: Always a work in progress!
WOE: SB Vet/NMD
Start Date: Every day is a new start!
Bon Voyage, MK!
When you have wifi - stop in if you can. When you say 11/15, it seems so far away, but it's next week!

Today is a Fletcher Day! Bringing stuff to make lunch, but still can't figure out what to make for dinner.......want to get a work out in before I leave, and have to stop at my seamstress to pick up 3 pairs of pants she hemmed....thankfully, she is right on the way to DD's.

Not a big peach lover either Debbie. I have one Mio, I really like, but don't use it often. I will have to see what it is. I prefer the Mio to the Crystal Light.

DD is planning her favorite things party again. We have 8 people being invited, so will stick to the 5 gifts and then do some sort of drawing -so everyone goes home with 5 new Favorite things. This year my fave is either a candle (these amazing ones I get from TJ), a pair of those really soft spa socks, or some sort of shower gel. My fav gel is a Dove or Oil of Olay product, and since it is my fave and in the $5 range, I think I will do that - know it's not high end, but they both are amazing.

It is weird after your kids are done with school.....mine were 2005 and 2008. At first I missed it, now I am glad I am done with it! Now it's time for Grands!!!

Up early - issues with my parents festering again. You would be appalled at what this time. I really have to tell them that they can't come until Friday next week. Thurs - Sun is too much.

Should we draw names then with the four of us? I am betting with Jenn not peeking in and her usual schedule, she won't be in this year.

•○•
"It is what it is."
•○•

Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-2013, 04:28 AM   #62
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Rebecca130
Stats: 201/ 183/130
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Jan 23, 2008
I'm good for drawing. I'm excited and any 3 I get I'm excited to get that shortie! I have to go back and look at MKs likes and dislikes again. I was saving them on my notebook in my phone but I forgot to save hers!

Today is a mom day. Got my jewelry yesterday. Kim will get 2 extra pieces cuz the medium bangles don't fit me. My hand is too big. I wish I had tiny hands!
Old 11-06-2013, 07:52 AM   #63
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debbiedo
Stats: pretty close to perfect!
WOE: mindful eating/running off the pounds
Start Date: over and over again
Just ran a short 3.25 miles. Pretty much packed or over packed.

Need to run to mall. 30 minutes each way. Want to run into Banana Republic to look at pants, shirts,sweaters. I have packed too much but looking for lighter sweaters. Packed black pants and jeans. Brought a back up dress for wedding just in case.

Just remembered I need to pack card and check/gift.

Better run. Want to leave in 45 min for mall.DH out running a few errands for me.

I like the Dove sensitive skin body wash but like Cetaphil body wash Restiraderm but expensive. It costs around $14 but I use instead of Dove. My skin is beyond sensitive lately. I can't use shower gels or scented lotion. Stick to Eucerin mostly.

Last year my gift never came. I really didn't mind. I don't want to make the giver feel bad at all.

Guess we should verify addresses again. Maybe mine was wrong.
Old 11-07-2013, 05:00 AM   #64
Queen Bargain Shopper

Thursday already! I love having a couple days off this week.

Great day with DD and DGS yesterday - got a few things done around the house for her, she had a doc appt and then she wanted to stop at Kohl's to look for boots, do some returns. Had some Kohl's cash and bought DGS a couple of knit ornaments that DD wanted. She and I also stopped at Starbucks! Looking forward to next week!

She also sent out our Favorite Things invite....8 of us invited, we have to do five of our favorite things......then everyone will put their name in a hat and we draw 5 names and take home THAT person's favorite thing!!! We also have to explain our favorite thing and why it is! We are doing drinks and appetizers as well, and we decided on 11/22 since it's the tree lighting ceremony downtown. I think having it early enough, it was easy enough for everyone to come! I am excited!

Debbie - we should verify addresses. Just in case. If I get you, I won't do my favorite body wash! Besides, that would only be about $5! I guess we could do an assortment of favorite things......I don't really have one that is close to $25.

Issues with my parents continue - I have to tell them that they can't come till Friday next week if they are coming. My Dad did call and leave me a message saying maybe they better come a different weekend since my DH will be out of town and not back till Thursday night - they just don't get that a weekend usually means coming on Friday. If they don't come next weekend, then they will have to wait till Christmas. And in all sincerity, I wish they would just stay home this year for the holiday's. It's too stressful when they are here. They have to be two of the most miserable people you'd ever want to meet.

Off to work today and I have a registration this afternoon, then DH and I have tickets to Jim Belushi tonight.
Old 11-07-2013, 05:21 AM   #65

In NYC. Saw bride and groom to be last night after our yummy dinner.

I will need to go on a fat fast for a few days when I get back. Eating too well.
NY is a great place to eat gluten free. Had gluten free desert crepe last night. DH was supposed to split. I had one a part of second.

Off to Red Door Spa for facial, mani, pedi and free make up refresher. Will be trapped into buying products. There are lotions I like for my face there but so expensive. Broke three nails so they all will be short. Wearing black do will go red on ties and nails I think. Meeting DHs cousin at famous bar at 4:30. I rarely drink but will have one there. Had celebratory prosecco last night with soon to be weds.

Off to Manhattan. Rainy day. Won't get the walking in I want. Want to go to Central Park this afternoon.
Old 11-07-2013, 05:28 AM   #66

Cindy, glad you got to spend a day with DD and DSGS

I think gifts will be more then one favorite thing. Some of mine are small but love. I too will have to go back and read.

Hope MK got off and having a great time.

DS22 asking his GF to marry him on top of Empire State Building next Saturday. They are coming to NYC for her 25th Birthday. Staying in NJ using Marriott points and her dad got them tickets to Lion King. They love Disney. Looking at March 2015 wedding or around then. She will be shocked.
Old 11-07-2013, 07:52 AM   #67
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: handbells
Stats: too much/not enough/just right
Start Date: today!
Very bad poster Jenn checking in!

It seems that when I've had the time to be on the computer I am either on FB playing a game (trying to beat my MIL...lol!) or watching a youtube video on scrapbooking.

Debbie-Bella made an adorable Angelina Ballerina! So, so cute!!! And congratulations to you, Billy, and Mirsa! How exciting!

Have to scoot...will post more soon!
Old 11-07-2013, 09:51 AM   #68
Big Yapper!!!!

I think there's a place on the website to verify addresses, isnt there? I'm so excited to drawl names. I have a ballpark idea but will have to personalize some of the stuff for my shortie!

Cindy, why can't things ever be easy? That's the way my mom is, always a production!

I just saw Starbucks thanksgiving blend for keurigs at the store! Have to get some and hide it!!! They have the pound bags and I have a little cup to use my own coffee in, might have to get that to get more for my money

Gracie night, she doesn't have school tomorrow
Old 11-07-2013, 10:03 AM   #69
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm back! MIL wanted me to go to the commissary with her.

Looks like we may have found a house! Very excited. It needs a little bit of work though.

Becky-that's a lot of jewelry! Enjoy your "spree"

MK-Have a fabulous time in Rome! Why can't you drink anymore? I must have missed that!

Cindy-I know you are enjoying Fletcher

Will pop in later!
Old 11-07-2013, 05:03 PM   #70
Big Yapper!!!!

Just did 53 minutes walk/run on the treadmill and then Gracie came for the night. They don't have school tomorrow cu 9;!parent teacher conferences. Kim is next Thursday night
Old 11-07-2013, 06:54 PM   #71

Fun day in NYC. This non drinker had 3 plus glasses of prosecco. Oh well it is vacation.
Old 11-07-2013, 07:21 PM   #72
Big Yapper!!!!

What is prosecco, Debbie?
Old 11-07-2013, 10:33 PM   #73

Prosecco is Italian sparkling wine like champagne. Don's cousins got us into it.

Had a great dinner. We laughed a lot and the food was great. This place makes tons of gluten free dishes. My husband finds great restaurants where I can eat. I will need to diet when I get home.
Old 11-08-2013, 05:16 AM   #74
Queen Bargain Shopper

Debbie - glad you are having fun!
And another wedding!
So glad DH seeks out places that you can enjoy!

Jenn - tell us more about your house?

MK is on her way. We texted yesterday and she wants me to move forward with the drawing and she will get it via email - in case she finds a fave in Italy!!

I will do that later today if quiet at work, or tomorrow at the latest.

DH and I saw Jim Belushi's improv show last night - very fun!
Off to work today and it's going to be a busy one!
Old 11-08-2013, 05:49 AM   #75
Big Yapper!!!!

Can't wait to see who i have!

Gracie spent the night. Alyssa is sleeping in this morning since she doesn't have school. This is a brad weekend. Ugh. Doesn't I've seen him since he was so baligerant about talking to Kim about the child support (we ended up having to have a peace officer come and explain that he is not ALLOWED to TALK TO Kim cuz of the restraining order!!! So tomorrow is the first time I will see him since that innodent. WHY can't he just get his act together and be a responsible adult???

Does anyone have their shopping done? I have a small chunk of the girls done and some jewelry for Kim that she circled in the catalog. I have some pampered chef that I got at a party this summer that Kim had said through the year she could use. I have a pretty piece of jewelry that mom was eyeing and I want to get her a bookstore gift card. John wants a nice watch. So I need to see about that. I feel pretty good about what I habd done so far. We give walmart gift cards to johns nieces and nephews.

Be back later to see what everyone is up to. I hope Mk checks in
Old 11-08-2013, 09:11 AM   #76
Blabbermouth!!!

Becky-I went out at the beginning of the week and put stuff on layaway for the kids. Now just need to pick up here and there for adults. I know what I'm getting, just need to get it!

The house is small, but cozy. I really like it a lot. It's a ranch style, 3 bedroom, with a detached garage. The yard is *huge* Here are some pictures, along with one of the kids from Halloween.

Front of the house

Back of the house with shed and garage

Family room. This picture only shows half of the room. Love the fireplace The funky area to the side of the fireplace is where they had their tv. I'm hoping to put a half bath in there. Also, if you look on the right side of the picture, you should see two door knobs. That is where the washer and dryer go.

This was the living room, but the dining room is so small, we are making this the dining room instead. Carpet is coming up and we are putting laminate wood flooring down. I want to get rid of the faux brick, but DH likes it. :eye roll:

The paint color for the kitchen is weathered glass. All of the dark green trim in the family room is going to be painted weathered glass as well and the carpet is going to be gray.

Padraic is the 11th Doctor, Rhonda is a Weeping Angel (hard to see her wings, but they are there!), Millis is a peacock, and Henry is Darth Vader.

"Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!"

"Humankind is simply materialized color operating on the 49th vibration."
Old 11-08-2013, 09:12 AM   #77
Blabbermouth!!!

I am not seeing pictures. Can you all see them? Should I try again?
Old 11-08-2013, 09:20 AM   #78

Don't see pictures either.

Heading to Chelsea Market and some exploring. 5:30 dinner and then Broadway to see Romeo and Juliet.

Just switched from our free hotel to Marriott where every one is staying. Expensive even with wedding rate. Wedding tomorrow at 4:45 so getting out to explore early.

Worked out in hotel gym this morning. Got my cardio in.

Jenn, please do try to resend pictures.
Old 11-08-2013, 10:25 AM   #79
Big Yapper!!!!

Jenn, don't see pics either. Hope u can report them, I wanna see them
Old 11-08-2013, 07:41 PM   #80
Blabbermouth!!!

Trying this again! lol! Read my post above for the descriptions. I didn't feel like writing it back out or even copying/pasting. Yes, I'm being lazy!

Old 11-08-2013, 07:47 PM   #81
Big Yapper!!!!

Very pretty, Jenn
Old 11-08-2013, 09:11 PM   #82

Looks about the size of my son's house. Does it have a basement? His basement is great for extra space.
Houses are so expensive.
Old 11-09-2013, 05:57 AM   #83
Queen Bargain Shopper

YAY Saturday!

Debbie - check your email - you have to join the group for us to draw for St. Nick.
I believe it's an aol email address?

Jenn - looks nice! The kids are getting so big!

Friday was busy at work, but a good day. Had lunch with a friend at work, and I got another Grandma gift, lol. It was a couple sleepers and a little snuggle toy. DD said she has enough sleepers so thankfully there were gift receipts, so taking back to exchange for some outfits. Hoping to do that today.

DD23 wasn't coming home this weekend, however, her DH's sister's almost fiance's father passed away, so they are coming home literally, for funeral, then back again. I so understand what she means about wishing she either lived here in town or further away.....

Hoping everyone has a great Saturday.
Old 11-09-2013, 06:35 AM   #84

The email might be in my spam. Will check when home and not on my phone.

Had fun yesterday. Romeo and Juliet was good but I prefer musicals and light things.
Old 11-09-2013, 08:12 AM   #85

Cindy, did you say names for Saint Nicks were emailed? I looked at spam on phone. Don't see it. I will look again at home. I hope I didn't delete by mistake.

DH getting hair cut. I am hanging out waiting. He has to help brides dad move things for wedding later. Wedding in Brooklyn where B and G live. We are staying in Brooklyn. I am wearing dress I wore in May to friends wedding. The ceremony is supposed to be outside but it is cold and MOB hopes her daughter changes her mind.

Wedding is at sundown.

DS22 coming to NYC in one week. He just went to pick up theater tickets from his GF's dad. He told him he has his blessing. He wants to propose at midnight on observation deck of Empire State Building. He picked the ring up Thursday. It looks beautiful. I hope she loves it. It is much nicer then Becca's. the setting cost what her ring cost. I had a nice diamond I don't wear so DH had it mounted. It is a round stone.

I can't believe my baby is getting engaged. He is only 22. He will be almost 24 when they get married. A few months shy of 24. A year younger then I was.
Old 11-09-2013, 10:41 AM   #86
Big Yapper!!!!

Debbie, you are listed in the 4 names. I don't remember the name of the website
Old 11-09-2013, 10:41 AM   #87
Big Yapper!!!!

Drawnames.com
Old 11-09-2013, 09:31 PM   #88
Blabbermouth!!!

No basement, but it has an attic and the garage is fairly nice sized! Can't wait to get in there and do work in it. I'll share pictures as we redo stuff
Old 11-10-2013, 05:24 AM   #89
Big Yapper!!!!

We don't have a basement either, Jenn. Most are built on a slab in Bellbrook
Old 11-10-2013, 05:40 AM   #90

My sons house is around 975 square feet. The basement same size. Boy do they need it.

The wedding was fabulous. I know what the parents paid towards it and I am sure it cost more. Food wonderful. Open Bar for at least 5 hours and a huge band that was the best I have heard. Danced like a crazy person.
We left around 10:30 and there was one more set.

Meeting all DHs cousins for breakfast here at Mariott at 8:30. MOB and FOB didn't do rehearsal dinner so paying for breakfast. Expensive at hotel so appreciated.

Jenn, did you get the house????

Is there an eat in kitchen and dining room
Your boys will share a room?
Hope there is better closet space then my sons ranch.
Closed Thread