Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2013, 08:05 AM   #31
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Rebecca130
Stats: 201/ 183/130
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Jan 23, 2008
I also tagged u. Lol

Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-2013, 09:11 AM   #32
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debbiedo
Stats: pretty close to perfect!
WOE: mindful eating/running off the pounds
Start Date: over and over again
ran just under and hour and did 5.16 miles. Still not 100% but much less pain and I am stronger with all my cross training.

another thing we like in our house is a pitcher we have with an infuser for fruit or even mint or cucumber. I like citrus. Whenever I go somewhere where they have infused water I ask myself why I don't use mine more often. Of course I need the fruit to put it in.

Becky your glass tea pitcher looks really pretty. I would never think of flower flavored teas. My son Michael is a tea lover. I can live with it or without it but like to warm up with it in the cold weather or after a dinner out since I don't drink coffee.I love hot chocolate too but hate to drink a lot of calories.

DH off volunteering. He is in charge of packet pick up for the Rockville 5K/10K. I am volunteering tomorrow.

Birthday party later. I have laundry and ironing to catch up on. Not doing much else.

So nice to have the weekend off. I am off next weekend too.I will be away Wednesday to Sunday.

Beautiful day out but will be cold tomorrow.
Old 11-02-2013, 11:31 AM   #33
Big Yapper!!!!

I always get it out the beginning of November and put it away around mid April, Debbie. The girls and I had "fairy lily" today. Alyssa remembered doing it last year but Gracie didn't. She will next year

Treadmill time, interval training with inclines... 1 hour 4 seconds... 3:539 miles and 402 calories burned!!!!
Old 11-02-2013, 11:39 AM   #34

Intervals are great Becky. Do you listen to music??
Old 11-02-2013, 11:51 AM   #35
Big Yapper!!!!

Yes, I had to shuffle today
Old 11-02-2013, 10:05 PM   #36
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Hi!

Those are great ideas!!

I also don't do knick knacks, no coffee and only peppermint tea. Though i love the coffee smell so candles or something like that would work. DH can't do cinnamon smells (he had cancer in the Fall and that's what he remembers about it!), of course I can't do dairy and alcohol, I love earrings if they're not too heavy but have a a hard time with bracelets because my wrists are so small.

Sizes?? I'm thinking tops, since bottoms would be tricky . . . Becky is a 1X, I'm a small, Cindy? Debbie?

I like apple and lemon scents too - so that tree would be great, Becky!

Let's decide on a price and mail on Dec 1 is great. Actually if i don't get Becky, I know exactly what I'm getting someone else and if she thinks about it, she probably knows too - so Shhhhhh!

Circles of fashion are more like spirals, covering the same area but never arriving in the same place twice!

°°◊°°
Old 11-02-2013, 10:24 PM   #37
Princess Proofreader

And you've seen my cover pic on FB - do i look too skinny?
Old 11-02-2013, 10:28 PM   #38
Big Yapper!!!!

Lol. I know lemon dangle earrings and a bottle of coffee flavored wine. lol.

We went to Kim's tonight andet Cory's dad. He's very nice although Cory is the only kid that will have anything to do with him cu he was abusive. Cory has forgiven him on order to have a relationship with his dad The girls love him and call him Pap like Noah does. He has always lived in the country and was fascinated with beggars night tonight. It was a nice evening and her dinner was wonderful
Old 11-03-2013, 03:30 AM   #39

I am a small top.

I don't wear dangly earrings. I wear small hoops. Pretty much the same two pairs. I mostly wear my white gold ones.

I had fun at birthday/ Halloween party Guatemala style last night.

Up early to volunteer. Better go. DH in charge of registration/packet pick up.
Old 11-03-2013, 06:18 AM   #40
Queen Bargain Shopper

Gallery: Radmom413
Stats: Always a work in progress!
WOE: SB Vet/NMD
Start Date: Every day is a new start!
My thoughts were if we told our likes/dislikes then we could determine what OUR favorite thing was that still fit our recipient. I hate anything vanilla scented, so would be sad if I got a vanilla scented candle....... Get it?

So what's up with Jenn and Kelly? They haven't checked in. And seriously, if someone does not want to do St. Nick, they don't have to - only those that really want to, should! Don't worry; I want to........

I love jewelry, scarves and makeup/beauty products, lol. I have the same issue as you do MK with bracelets.....I have my two leather, one silver pandora's that I wear regularly, plus my sterling cuff and I got some amazing black/silver/gold mesh type bracelets for my birthday that I wear regularly too - they are the only ones that fit. Earrings, I like all kinds.....wear dangles most, lol but have started wearing studs again. Scarves I am picky about the material - no nylony type.....like gauzy, cottony kinds.

Tops? Depends on the fit....don't like snug or form fitting and the trend is to wear a little looser now, so sometimes a small, sometimes a medium.

If Jenn and Kelly don't check in in the next couple of days, should we go ahead and pick and just the four of us do it? It would be nice to start shopping even if it's OUR favorite thing/things, it would still be nice to consider our persons likes/dislikes.

DD, DSIL and DGS came over for dinner last night - DD is SO tired and emotional right now. I am a little worried about her when DSIL goes back to work - glad I am going over there tomorrow. The pack and play I bought through our electronic bulletin board at work is AMAZING. It's brand new - they retail for like $160, the model I have, and I paid only $35!!!

DD23 doing baby pics today. She needs to head back by 3 at the latest - with the time change, she needs to be back before dark. I hate her traveling alone when it's dark.

Not sure what I will do today - I have some Kohl's cash that expires today and a return, so may run there......of course laundry and picking up around here......

•○•
"It is what it is."
•○•
Old 11-03-2013, 07:32 AM   #41

Cindy, I use expired Kohls cash. I don't shop there a lot for me it I do for my sons.

Volunteering is done. Cold morning. DH and I are going to shop for a coat for me. I haven't bought a long coat in years. Want one for NY. I have casual coats but not dress length.

I don't wear bracelets accept for dress up. I always wear a watch and don't like things on my right wrist.

I find dangly earrings too long for my short size. I do wear shorter dangly ones for dress up but only hoops. No posts ever as my ears are sensitive to nickel and I react.

I like all scents but can't wear anything scented.

What did you make for dinner Cindy?? Your daughter will need help. Hopefully the visitors aren't coming so much.

Been up since 5. Think I will do nothing for a while. Really need to fold laundry but always later.
Old 11-03-2013, 07:41 AM   #42
Queen Bargain Shopper

I made good, old fashioned spaghetti, big salad, crusty bread, and a Happy BIRTHday Fletcher cake!!! And it was all vegan too!!! ��

Other people have said kohls takes it even if expired. I may wait till tomorrow as DD wants to stop there.
Old 11-03-2013, 08:45 AM   #43
Big Yapper!!!!

That's what I love about Lia Sophia is it's Nickle safe and it's electroplated. I have trouble with cheap jewelry sometimes and I wonder if it might be cuz is has nickel in them. I have always loved jewelry on other people but just never invested it for myself and now I can wear jewelry cuz I have LOTS!! I have never been a silver person but I'm enjoying silver for once in my life and some of their stuff is a varitu of "metal" colors. One of my favorite necklaces is silver, gold and hematite. They have quite a few pieces that are like that.

That was my worry if we sent setting of our favorite what of the recipient would say "well, that's nice but I really can't stand it". So I'm glad were doing our likes and dislikes so I have something to go by when we shop. I'm still open for a black kitten, by the way. Haha. Halloween is really hard cuz of all the black cat things and not having Merlin anymore and particularly the way he does cu he should have had to die the way he did. Mandy is so much like Merlin and Guinoe it isn't funny. All the fun sweet
Things about them is wrapped in Mandy. I'm really glad I listened to her and brought her home from the shelter cuz. I was all set to wall our with another cat! A black one and a really loud at that!!

I should get my $800 shopping spree of jewelry in the mail around Tuesday or Wednesday. I got 16 free pieces. Kim is getting 7-9 pieces for Christmas and she might end up with 2 bangles that she circled in the book if they don't fit me. I don't have them for my kit but they're mediums and I don't know if they will fit so she might get those too. So excited!!!

I'm just so excited this year for all the holidays. It's so nice to see Kim finally happy. And the girls are so happy with Cory, they weren't with Sean. Alyssa didn't care for Sean towards the end. I should have listened to John and Alyssa!!!! Lol.

I love this time change cuz we get an extra hour of the weekend!!!
Old 11-03-2013, 05:37 PM   #44
Princess Proofreader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecca130 View Post
Lol. I know lemon dangle earrings and a bottle of coffee flavored wine. lol.

That would be perfect - except I can't drink any more!

What kind of abusive, Becky? Be careful with the girls!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radmom413 View Post
My thoughts were if we told our likes/dislikes then we could determine what OUR favorite thing was that still fit our recipient. I hate anything vanilla scented, so would be sad if I got a vanilla scented candle....... Get it?

Got it! That's what I thought too!

I got some amazing black/silver/gold mesh type bracelets for my birthday that I wear regularly too - they are the only ones that fit. .

I hope I know which ones those are . . . .

And I've used expired Kohl's cash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbiedo View Post

I find dangly earrings too long for my short size. I do wear shorter dangly ones for dress up but only hoops. No posts ever as my ears are sensitive to nickel and I react.

I like all scents but can't wear anything scented.
I wear dangly earrings a lot - the longer the better!

But I agree on scent. I don't like perfume/cologne at all, but love citrusy or vanilla bath stuff!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radmom413 View Post
I made good, old fashioned spaghetti, big salad, crusty bread, and a Happy BIRTHday Fletcher cake!!! And it was all vegan too!!! ��
That would have been my perfect dinner ( you can have my salad!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecca130 View Post
I'm still open for a black kitten, by the way. Haha. Halloween is really hard cuz of all the black cat things and not having Merlin anymore and particularly the way he does cu he should have had to die the way he did. Mandy is so much like Merlin and Guinoe it isn't funny. All the fun sweet
Things about them is wrapped in Mandy. I'm really glad I listened to her and brought her home from the shelter cuz. I was all set to wall our with another cat! A black one and a really loud at that!!
Most shelters won't let you get a black cat before Halloween because some people are weird! But I bet you could get one now!!
Old 11-03-2013, 06:14 PM   #45

Went to Mall and bought a coat at Nordstoms. Getting sleeves shortened. They promised we could pick up Wednesday.

Saw my youngest's GF there. She had just gotten her hair cut. He is hoping to give her engagement ring for her birthday. They are going to NYC for two days but staying in Newark at the Marriott by the airport using our points. They can take train to NY from there.

I can't wear any scented lotions or use scented soaps. My skin is very sensitive. I wish it wasn't because I get very dry. Worse with peri menopause/menopause.

Colored my hair tonight. Realized I wouldn't have time before we go away.

DH and I went out to favorite restaurant for dinner. I ate too much. I am still full. I will need to work out extra hard tomorrow. Working 12 Monday and Tuesday. DH going away for one night.

Catching a cold. I hope I can fight it off before it a full blown cold. I don't want to be sick when away.
Old 11-03-2013, 06:21 PM   #46
Big Yapper!!!!

I got Mandy on January 17. There was a black kitten I was almost decided on til I saw Mandy turning herself inside and out to get my attention. She won the draw to come home with me
Old 11-04-2013, 06:33 AM   #47
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kellydawne
Good morning-
Sorry I've been MIA! Just normal busy, nothing special... Water polo season is heading into playoffs for both boys soon and I need to make sure senior night is taken care of for this week. (we didn't have one last year for a variety of reasons, but our treasurer's youngest is graduating this year and like me she has been super involved for YEARS so we aren't skipping over her!) (we keep each other sane through the season, I'm going to miss her next year!)

I'm going to skip St. Nick's this year just because I know I won't get my shopping done/shipped by Dec. 1st. (I love doing it with you all, but it isn't fair to everyone else!)

Congrats Debbie on grandkid #2! My boys are 4 years apart and it is a good age difference. They are close enough to be friends but far enough that they don't step on each others toes at school or whatever.
Old 11-04-2013, 11:09 AM   #48
Big Yapper!!!!

Hello girlies.
I'm at a park with Gracie to kill a little time I got a little shopping done this morning. The girls both want a winx doll, they're fairies. Got2 outfits each for their fake American girl dolls. A couple of sweaters and leggins too. Still need some more winter clothes.

Gotta run, between appointments
Old 11-04-2013, 07:37 PM   #49
Princess Proofreader

We leave for Rome on Wednesday to see DS21!!!

Miss me!
Old 11-04-2013, 08:06 PM   #50

So exciting MK.
Old 11-04-2013, 08:27 PM   #51
Big Yapper!!!!

Awesome MK. One of my bucket list dream trips
Old 11-05-2013, 04:52 AM   #52
Queen Bargain Shopper

Safe travels MK, in case we miss you or your busy packing, etc.
When will you return. We will be watching the calendar!

Yesterday was a Fletcher Day! Helped DD quite a bit. Did laundry, changed their bed, made dinner, picked up and cleaned up, although things were in pretty good shape. DSIL does a great job. He told me when he came home from work that I didn't need to do all that, but I told him he needs to spend time with his family when he comes home at night, and until DD is feeling better and has more energy, I will help keep them caught up.

And you will be proud of me - I suggested that DD ask her MIL to come over on Friday afternoons occasionally - she is off Friday afternoons - to help and or see her DGS. When DD's SIL had her baby 2 years ago - she didn't want anyone around, holding him, touching him, no one over.....I felt bad for DD's MIL. I am sure she will appreciate being able to do that and bond with her DGS. I don't want to be THAT Grandma that doesn't share.

Kelly - totally understand about St. Nick. I already have in mind what I am going to buy....mine will be a couple things......but we have agreed $25 plus shipping? We will wait and see if Jenn checks in. Maybe we will draw by the end of the week then. MK can get her name when she returns.

Sad about the Packers last night - I didn't even watch - I was so tired, and stressed with some other family stuff going on. It never ends it seems. It has to do with my parents.....yet, again.

Well, back to work today, then off to help DD again tomorrow - boy, I could get used to this schedule. Any idea's from you guys about what ELSE I could make them? I feel like I am running out of idea's!
Old 11-05-2013, 05:13 AM   #53

Cindy, meal ideas??? I made roast chicken,rice,salad. I make them pasta. I do meatloaf,mashed potatoes, peas. I would say chili but she is nursing and this could give the baby gas. A favorite in my house lately is BLT's and soup. My son is not easy to feed. He won't eat dairy. Can't do lasagna,baked ziti. They also like stir fries with rice.

I bet your daughter can tell you what she likes. Maybe pulled pork sandwich in crockpot or pork tenderloin. I do find pork tenderloin gets dry and easily over done.

I am awake and should get up to gym for a shorter workout. I may just skip today. I have to work till 11:15 again. Usually I get out later. I keep fighting off a cold that hasn't become full blown. I think I should rest today. I plan to run tomorrow and pretty much won't get to workout till next week. I will walk a lot in NY.

DH is in Connecticut but coming home later.

We leave for airport at 3 tomorrow.

MK, when do you come back??

I thought of more favorite things that aren't expensive. I just hope someone else likes them.

Do you guys flavor water with Crystal Light or Mio liquid? I don't use the powders. Love the little bottles.

There is more.
Old 11-05-2013, 05:16 AM   #54
Queen Bargain Shopper

Debbie - those are great ideas!!!
I did do chili - she was ok with it.
Did a couple of pasta bakes, sloppy joes, chicken breasts with peppers and onions that they could do multiple things with. Yesterday made them baked potato soup.

Thanks!

I use the Mio on occassion - all depends on the flavor.
Old 11-05-2013, 05:40 AM   #55
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: ShortKayke
Stats: (High 165) 135/115/105 4'10"
WOE: My Atkins
Start Date: 10/03 on and off when jeans get tight!
November. So much going on it's hard to keep up!
Just tired from being so busy.

ROME! Excited for you MK! Have a fabulous trip!

Congrats on a new grandbaby on the way Deb!

Baby Fletcher is too perfect. Hope DD is healing up well Cindy.

Becky, drove by a 'free kittens' sign on my way home from work this weekend and did everything in my power to not stop! LOL

Kelly, Good luck in the playoffs! Has been weird driving into town and seeing the high school packed with cars and realizing we have no connection there now. After the schools being such a huge part of every day life for 15 years it's a bittersweet feeling now that both girls have graduated. Glad yet sad.

I have been trying to stay on plan. No sugars and keeping breads and grains to a minimum. My fat is squishy and my mouth tastes like ketosis, but the scale won't budge. Have to get even stricter? Damn menopause.
Read up on the paleo rules. Not sure if I'm willing to ditch my milk and cheese. Would limit my choices by a lot!
Looking for recipes that use lots of eggs. With 8 hens laying, we're getting TOO many! Send help. LOL

This Friday night should be fun. Every year when deer season rolls around a male revue for the ladies comes near, and I've always wanted to go. Well, I finally did it and I got tickets for me and my daughters to go see 'Thunder From Downunder' I got 'middle of the row' seats so we don't have to worry about sweaty half naked men with an aisle seat.
Didn't want my girls waiting until they're 51 to finally see a male strip show!

Glad to have a day off, need to catch up on laundry and boring everyday chores around here. Sunday was very nice here, first sunny day in more than a week so spent it outside cleaning out the gardens and raking leaves.

Have a good Tuesday all, and safe travels to you MK tomorrow.
Old 11-05-2013, 06:12 AM   #56
Queen Bargain Shopper

Kaye!!!!

One of the reasons I won't go vegan is the dairy!!
Glad to hear all is well, and I too, curse menopause. I've given up on the weight loss......as long as I'm eating right and working out I know I'm doing my body right.
Old 11-05-2013, 06:30 AM   #57

Menopause stinks. I wake up sweaty and hot. Sleep terribly. My weight is fine as long as I exercise a lot and eat right.

What flavor Mio or Crystal Light do you like Cindy? I don't ever do peach flavoring.
My dislikes are easy. No coffee,dry wine, peach flavoring. No scented lotions or creams. No dangly earrings.
Old 11-05-2013, 06:32 AM   #58

Kaye, I missed the connection to our school after kids finished. Not so much anymore. Oldest graduated 2001,second 2003.

You never really have a day off. Even when you aren't working you are busy.

I still haven't done my exercises. Important for my back so better get moving. Watched taped The Voice and now Blacklist.
Old 11-05-2013, 10:05 AM   #59
Big Yapper!!!!

Kim graduated in 2001 too Debbie. So much of out lives parallel
Y cu deb in FL sent me a $40 (plus to cover tax) gift card to pandora. Guess what I will be doing. She had to have it reissued cu the one in oct didn't come.

Waiting for UPS. 2 Lia boxes and an amazon for the girls for Christmas will be on the truck! My $800 freebies are on that truck!!!
Old 11-05-2013, 09:40 PM   #60
Princess Proofreader

Finished packing and ready to go - though I want to hit the gym in the morning before we leave.
We should be back Nov 15.
Closed Thread