Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2013, 04:31 PM   #1
Queen Bargain Shopper

Gallery: Radmom413
Stats: Always a work in progress!
WOE: SB Vet/NMD
Start Date: Every day is a new start!
SOUTH BEACH VETS - Chapter #11 - November Nonsense

I decided to start us off fresh and early this month!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2013, 04:31 PM   #2
Queen Bargain Shopper

SOUTH BEACH VETS - Chapter #11 - November Nonsense
Old 10-31-2013, 04:32 PM   #3
Queen Bargain Shopper

It's time for November!!! Acckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!

And yes, I have started shopping.
My hope is to buy a few things each pay check, so that when Black Friday rolls around AND DD and I's shopping day on 12/16, we can just use those days to finish up!!
Old 11-04-2013, 04:45 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: heahyou00
Stats: 246/182/150
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: August 2007
HI Girls,
I noticed Tina posted on the old thread today, must have not realized we had a new one for the new month

Well things are finally starting to calm down in my world. Got the rest of the unpacking done and started decorating over the weekend! Everything is officially put together and looks nice. We are having our house warming party on Saturday, so I just need to go grocery shopping for that, but other than that, not much else going on this week.

My instructor gave us an extension on our assignments because he has been sick and hasnt been able to give us grades on anything we have done thus far and we are now 5 weeks into the course!! Im sure hoping I am on the right track with this class, so the paper that I thought was due this Saturday is now not due till next Saturday, which is awesome because I wont be stressing over it while trying to get things ready for the party

I did step on the scales this morning though and with all the stress of everything going on, I am inching close to 200 pds again I am so mad at myself for letting myself back slide this much and need to figure out a plan to get back on track, but then I think oh the holidays are almost here and I wont want to stick to plan during those days. I am hosting Thanksgiving at the new house this year, gonna have a ton of people over, so that will be fun. My sister and her kids from California are flying up and staying with us for the whole week. She kinda drives Michael nuts though, so he is glad we have a big house now and he can hide from her in another part of the house lol.

I have an interview this week for the lead job on the current team I am on. I used to be the lead, then they decided they wanted someone who had their PMP certification, well he only lasted 6 months and left for a job with Google! So now the position is back open again, its between me and this other guy on my team, neither of us have our certification, but I am registered to get mine in March, so not sure if that will give me an advantage or not, we shall see!

Anyone else hosting Thanksgiving this year?

Kelly
Old 11-05-2013, 04:54 AM   #5
Queen Bargain Shopper

I forgot to post!

Kelly - good luck on that interview and so glad that things are finally settling down. TDay is a big deal for DD26's MIL so I always tell her she can go there - they do come here for the morning, so I don't really lose out! DD23 wants to do a vegan Tday......and weird as it may sound, she and DH spend it with their own families......

Yesterday was a Fletcher Day! Helped DD quite a bit. Did laundry, changed their bed, made dinner, picked up and cleaned up, although things were in pretty good shape. DSIL does a great job. He told me when he came home from work that I didn't need to do all that, but I told him he needs to spend time with his family when he comes home at night, and until DD is feeling better and has more energy, I will help keep them caught up.

And you will be proud of me - I suggested that DD ask her MIL to come over on Friday afternoons occasionally - she is off Friday afternoons - to help and or see her DGS. When DD's SIL had her baby 2 years ago - she didn't want anyone around, holding him, touching him, no one over.....I felt bad for DD's MIL. I am sure she will appreciate being able to do that and bond with her DGS. I don't want to be THAT Grandma that doesn't share.

Sad about the Packers last night - I didn't even watch - I was so tired, and stressed with some other family stuff going on. It never ends it seems. It has to do with my parents.....yet, again.

Well, back to work today, then off to help DD again tomorrow - boy, I could get used to this schedule.

•○•
"It is what it is."
•○•
Old 11-05-2013, 07:04 AM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: tinatina
Stats: 223/187/130 5ft3.5in
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 2007
Morning beachers!

Started week 3 of the c210k today. Weight is jumping around which is quite annoying.

Busy week this week!

Enjoy your tuesday beachers!
Old 11-06-2013, 04:33 AM   #7
Queen Bargain Shopper

I am off today to spend with DGS and help DD!!!
Old 11-06-2013, 05:37 AM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning beachers!

Up at 4:20 did two 10 min core videos and then some biking! planks are no joke! And neither is a wall sit. HOLY CRAP!

Cindy - Enjoy your time with DD and GS.

Wiz - Hope you are having a wonderful vacation!

Kel - Not hosting thanksgiving, but plan on trying to do some of the cooking for my momma. She's stubborn as all get out, so I will have too PRY that responsibility from her!

Luisa - How you doing? Hows JUDDD?

I just ordered another christmas gift for the family online. Any of you use bluetooth speakers for your phones? Shop HQ had an awesome deal on a braven one. Reg $129 for $50. I ordered 3. One for each of the boneheads that I live with because they have all expressed interest in having one. MY SIL is a MAJOR home shopping networks shopper, lol, she called me up last night to inform me of this deal!

Have a happy wednesday Beachers!

Last edited by tinatina; 11-06-2013 at 05:38 AM..
Old 11-07-2013, 12:06 AM   #9
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: wiz
Start Date: 1/2/2008
OK, I admit it. Maui is just gorgeous, We are having a fabulous time. Eating has been tough, but we've gotten a ton of exercise in. Hiking, snorkling, swimming, etc. Hopefully it kind of balances out.

I'll be in touch next week, but for now, I updated my avi with a pic at Lahaina harbor one day where we had lunch after hiking/sight-seeing.

Hope all is well!!
Old 11-07-2013, 04:47 AM   #10
Queen Bargain Shopper

Have fun Wiz!!!!

Great day with DD and DGS yesterday - got a few things done around the house for her, she had a doc appt and then she wanted to stop at Kohl's to look for boots, do some returns. Had some Kohl's cash and bought DGS a couple of knit ornaments that DD wanted.

Eating's been decent - I can't complain - and working out - so, I guess it's status quo!

How is everyone else?
Old 11-07-2013, 06:11 AM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning Beachers! Almost TGIF.

4:20 comes awful early!! Up and got 5.25 mile run/walk in!

Final regular season football game tomorrow. Then their first playoff game. And tonight I get to bake cookies for feed the team tomorrow. I DO NOT BAKE! lol Wish those boys luck!

Wiz - the new avi is great! Sounds like your having a great time!

Cindy - Sounds like a wonderful day with DD and DGS!

Happy Thursday!
Old 11-07-2013, 11:06 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning Girls,
Stress has set back in for me, got my first cable bill at the new place and it was almost 500 bucks I spent almost 2 hours on the phone with them last night tryin to get it straigtened out, they issued me some credits but some of it they said they could do nothing about! I am not a happy camper.

I have a quiz I have to do for my school tonight and I dont really feel prepared for it,but we shall see what happens. We have our house warming party this Saturday, about 25 people will be at the house, I need to figure out some more food stuff for everyone and drinks, but I will prob wait until Saturday during the day for that. We have to get wood for the bon fire and also clean up the house! Gonna be a busy day.

I had my interview yesterday, it went well and I should know something in a week or so. I think its pretty much between me and this one other guy on my team.

Eating is still crappy, I will get back on track someday

Tina- I think its awesome you get up so early and work out, I wish I had that motivation lol.

Cindy- Enjoy that grandbaby

Wiz- I knew you would love Maui, that is one of my all time fav places!!

Have a great weekend girls, I prob wont check back in until next week, gonna be too dang busy.

Kelly
Old 11-08-2013, 05:57 AM   #13
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning Beachers!

TGIF!

See you all Monday!
Old 11-09-2013, 05:58 AM   #14
Queen Bargain Shopper

Hoping everyone is doing well.
Glad it's the weekend!
Old 11-09-2013, 08:57 AM   #15
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So sad...last day in Maui, we fly onto Oahu tomorrow. While we have been really active, I have been eating all kinds of stuff I shouldn't be having, not to mention things like Mai Tais

I will really, really need to buckle down when I get home.

Oh and by the way, I am hosting Thanksgiving. 17 adults and 3 kids. Plus another 4 coming for dessert. Looks like it will be a very full house! The good news is that everyone brings something. For example, I am not doing any baking, all desserts will be brought by others. As soon as I get home, I need to work on how the seating will work and what exactly I am going to make.

Time to wake Joe up, we are off to Big Beach in Makena this morning! Talk to you all later...

2014 Running Miles: 394
2014 Walking Miles: 313
2014 Biking Miles: 513
Old 11-11-2013, 09:08 AM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning Girls,
It was a fun weekend, even though the kids were on my last nerve lol. The 2 little ones managed to get themselves into all kinds of trouble, including locking the bathroom doors and closing them with no one inside, so we had to take one door apart to get them open The house warming party was awesome, our friends loved the new house and it didnt rain so we were able to enjoy our fire pit outside

I have a ton of homework to catch up on and got my quiz score back and I got a D not good!! I need to give myself more time to study, craming 1 hour before was not a good plan. I sure hope I can pass this darn class.

We went to the movies last night, saw Bad Grandpa, it was super funny!!

Not much else going on this week, kid free and will be doing lots of homework!!

Have a great week ladies,

Kelly
Old 11-13-2013, 07:17 AM   #17
Blabbermouth!!!

Good Morning Beachers!

Up and at it this morning. yesterday was just a walk after 3 days off, today I did a 5 mile walk/run. Still doing the c210k and trying to increase my running speed.

Took Monday off and got the landing and up the steps painted. I love how it looks. Busy playing catch up at work yesterday.

First playoff game is on Friday and it is SNOWING here. Gonna be a cold cold cold one!

Happy Wednesday Beachers.
Old 11-13-2013, 07:53 AM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: helpingrachel
Stats: 167/ 162.4/140 5ft 8
WOE: NK
Hi Beach gals,

Many moons ago, I was on this thread and following SB. I have dusted off my book and would like to have a place to share my journey, process of ups and downs and veteran recipes from SB. Let me know if you are open to having another join, if not I will head over to another site. I have gone thru menopause, tried many diets in between and now simply ready for to implement a basic life style change that models South Beach.
Thanks for your consideration.

Tina, I follow Skinny Meg and love her. Had 50 year old check up and thyroid is off balance.
Wiz, we talked years ago regarding my husband being in the same industry as yours. I get the travel and craziness.
Cindy, thanks for keeping this thread up and going. I read it for exercise and recipe insights.
Waving to Kelly, I had success with HCG and gained every pound back. Amazing how you lose weight from areas that you never thought you could. Downfall for me, it is not sustainable if you have a social life. I do….and will not give that up.
Hi to all others that post……or are lurking….like me.
Old 11-13-2013, 03:20 PM   #19
Queen Bargain Shopper

Rachel - we are a small, but dedicated group! T think I do remember you!!! It was a while ago, right? We'd love to have you!!

Today was a DD/DGS day.

Eating for me has been just not on plan. I'm not eating much so right now it's more about eating what I want and portion control. I need to get back to salads and wraps for lunch.

Tina - really cold here too! I don't envy you with football!
Old 11-14-2013, 03:30 PM   #20
Senior LCF Member

THanks for the Ok

I worked out on the rebounder for 30 minutes today. Makes me sweat and is helpful for the lymphatic system. Read that SB recommends decaf coffee. That isn't going to happen!!!

Had egg white omelet with veggies
Tomato juice
Lots of water.

Dinner is a big salad and taco turkey meat with salsa.

My DD is in Boston and hubby flew to Denver. Going to get PJ's on and watch my favorite shows and veg out. Value is to rest and not feed my tiredness.
Old 11-14-2013, 06:51 PM   #21
Queen Bargain Shopper

I am exhausted tonight.
Eating wasn't the best today.
I am stressed and having issues with my parents and think that's causing my bad eating.

DH was out of town the last couple days and I am going to bed early tonight, since he is home!
Old 11-15-2013, 07:31 AM   #22
Blabbermouth!!!

TGIF Beachers!

First playoff game tonight. If we win we go on, if we don't we are done for the season. Gonna be a cold one tonight at the stadium.

We got most of DS senior pics back this week. The photog also took a few family ones. I will try to post a few next week.

Cindy - I hope your family issues resolve peacefully for you!

Wiz - You back home yet?

Rachel - this hypothyroidism business is no fun for sure!

Kelly - Do you have keys for the bathroom door? We hid our door key in our bedroom for those types of situations!

Luisa - You still out there?

TGIF
Old 11-15-2013, 01:30 PM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Good luck to your DS, Tina. Hope you come out on the winning side. My DD hopes our High school team wins tonight, as she is in Boston and will miss the game. She is Editor in Chief of the Yearbook and loves to take creative pictures at the game. Nothing like Friday Night Lights to get your blood pumping.

Good day of eating….
Protein shake
Sugar free turtle coffee

!/2 salad from Panera no dressing
4 waters

Dinner will be wood fire veggies with flat iron steaks. Big salad as a starter. Getting a 3 mile walk in before hubby comes home.
Have a great weekend all.
Old 11-15-2013, 11:22 PM   #24
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: luisafernanda
Start Date: Jan. 2, 2008

Can't believe that half the month has passed and it's the first time I've made it in here! I have been pretty stressed lately, trying to keep up with work and home stuff (cooking, cleaning, laundry, etc.).

I'm still sticking to JUDDD and it's still working, although I did some backsliding when a had a cold a week ago and ate whatever I felt like for several days straight. Today I hit a new low on JUDDD: 15.4 lbs. down. My down days are 100% SB friendly, usually P1, but the up days always include a few non-SB things (like paella!). As long as I don't get too crazy, I still lose.

Rachel -

Tina - it's snowing here, too! Very early in the season for us, and we usually don't get that much anyway. Hope your team won!

Wiz - I really have to get to Hawaii some day. You look great in your pics! Good luck with Thanksgiving.

Cindy - I loved the pics of your little grandson. He is adorable! Hope things get sorted out in your family.

Kelly - your new house sounds awesome. Good luck with your class.

Have a great weekend, everyone!
Old 11-16-2013, 05:05 AM   #25
Queen Bargain Shopper

Ok, girls; kick me in the butt!
I am not eating off plan, I am not eating on ANY plan!
The only good thing is I really am not eating much! Normal meals, portion control.
Ugh. I guess I am just SO tired of having to plan EVERYTHING I put in my mouth.

DD23 coming home today - we are presenting DD26, DSIL and DGS their birth announcements. I will have to post a pic.......she designed them, and had them letter pressed. They definitely are a keepsake. I am going to have to frame mine.

So, Tina; how did they do????
Old 11-17-2013, 08:03 AM   #26
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Gang,

I cannot believe vacation is OVER! Two weeks went much faster than I thought it would. I refuse to get on the scale, I plan on doing a Phase 1 week (and so does Joe) to get back on track. I will weigh in on Friday.

I spent a small fortune at the grocery store yesterday, we really tried to use up a lot of freezer, pantry, etc. items before we left. It's nice to have a fresh start. Lots of fresh veggies, chicken, etc. for this week. Tonight I am doing stuffed peppers (red peppers on sale this week!)

Rachel, yes, of course I remember you! Welcome back.

Kelly, sounds like the housewarming was a lot of fun! Re: the kids locking themselves in, our niece did the same thing at our house once. And yes, we too had to take the door down. It's funny now, it was a pain in the butt at the time.

Tina, how did the team do?

Cindy, I'm buckling down starting tomorrow. Join me on Phase 1 for a week!

Luisa, I loved the photos of Gin with the foster kitten on FB. So cute. And congrats on your JUDDD losses!! 15+ lbs is just awesome.

Enjoy your Sunday!! Talk to everyone tomorrow...
Old 11-18-2013, 05:16 AM   #27
Queen Bargain Shopper

Wiz - I think I will join you!
I have my HRA in a week!

I do have a pretty much SB friendly half of an omlette from yesterday for breakfast, my homemade soup for lunch and it's SB and my planned dinner is as well.....Maybe I should just bite the bullet and see what happens. However, I already have a holiday party on Friday night!
Old 11-18-2013, 05:58 AM   #28
Blabbermouth!!!

Good Morning Beachers!

We won Friday night. Next game is 4 hours away this Friday. We are hoping for a charter bus, otherwise we will be driving and staying overnight.

Hard to believe next week this thanksgiving!

Still exercising and eating well. I'm really on a roll right now! Still had a small gain over the weekend, but weekends are tough! I'm not sweating the small gain, hopefully it will be gone tomorrow.

Luisa - Awesome JUDDD losses!

Cindy - TBH I'm not really following any plan either. I've just been logging my calories. I tend to try to stick to SB principles but there are times that its just easier to fit what I want to make into my calorie allotment! I can't say enough good things about the tracker I use.

Wiz - glad to see you back! You're vaca sounded awesome!

Kel -

Gotta get to work! have an awesome Monday beachers!
Old 11-18-2013, 07:42 AM   #29
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy Monday (NOT!)

Actually, it is warm and sunny here today, I got to do my morning run in shorts! But getting back to work is so hard.

Phase 1 on tap, at least through Friday. Cindy, I have an event on Saturday, so I will probably take that night off (maybe not on food, but have a glass of wine...)

Tina, 4 hours! Ugh. But how great for your son, you must be so proud.

Gotta run. Conference calls are piled up for today!
Old 11-18-2013, 10:23 AM   #30
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning Ladies,
Well I knew it would happen, got on the scales and not in Onederland anymore That was a big wake up call for me. We have family pics scheduled this next Sunday. I am sticking to super low carb for this entire week to try and get back down. I know a lot of it is water weight and should come off fairly quickly.

Wiz- Looks like you had a great time on trip!!

Tina- Good luck at the big game Friday night.

Cindy- You can do this Did you post the baby shower invite on FB? I may have missed it.

Luisa- Congrats on the pds lost!! Thats awesome.

Rachel- Welcome to group

Here is todays menu:

B- low carb scramble with ham
s- strawberry sf smoothie
l- veggies and chicken
s- string cheese
d- bbq chicken and veggies

kelly
Closed Thread