Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2013, 05:09 AM   #31
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: iakaren
Stats: 191/181/160
WOE: LC 11/06;CAD 11/11
Start Date: October 28, 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby'snana View Post
Hey !

Rainy gloomy day here all day ........ ugh.

Back to work tomorrow......

Hope everyone is doing ok !
Gloomy here today. Working inside all day
Sunshine would be welcome.
iakaren is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2013, 05:10 AM   #32
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJMO View Post
Cool and windy at the LH this weekend. Stayed inside except to walk LD. We are prepong to tile the 1/2 bath.

Laura the RV and travel sound like so much fun.

Pat glad you are some better. I'm enjoying Fall. But come winter I will be jealous of your Hawaii if you're still there. We have rain rain and rain.

Misty I've never shepherds pie. Our lake is back up from all the rain. More this week. Our colors are so pretty right now.

Karen still knee deep in apples? That's so cool the chiro treatments are working for the horses!
Apples, apples apples.

Made apple pie filling, and then used that to make apple enchiladas. Very good!!!!!!
Old 11-05-2013, 10:07 AM   #33
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Rbenz
WOE: Trying to resist anything white.
Karen is on Top of Me!

Karen~Glad the horse chiro is working for them. Apple enchiladas...Hmm that's different. Kinda like a Crepe?

Laura~Kewl...on ur new RV! Heard there's lots of Rain in Tejas from that Trop. storm in Mexico? Deb is in Reno. Thx on the Yoga.

CJ~Guess all that rain is coming from Texas? Cold & rain...U need some Misty comfort food. Same kind of tile that U put in the Hall/entry?

Gloomy & raining here too! Almost took my Umbrella out of my Yoga bag yesterday. Glad I didn't. & DH recently washed our Car!
Ate something yesterday that gave me bloating w/gas pain. Ended up having to stay up late last night because of it & chewed a few antacids. I did eat some marinated artichokes that I haven't had in a long time. Could have been that? Tossed & turned most of the night. Tummy kind of sensitive this AM. But, going to Yoga anyway & in the Rain! Dedication or Addiction...Huh?
Old 11-05-2013, 10:11 AM   #34
Big Yapper!!!!

Pretty Rainbow out there & it's starting to clear up!
Scale still stuck on the Up side.
Rbenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 10:54 AM   #35
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CJMO
WOE: My way mixing it low carb
Rain and gloom here again. So I'm making a meatloaf. Laura must have sent her rain here!
Karen share on the apple enchilada.
Pat is it monsoon season or just rain? The tile is different. Several different sizes.

Sounds like the holo is everywhere
CJMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 02:56 PM   #36
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: misty1028
Stats: high 189 to 115 restart 169/139/120
WOE: low carb-Atkins/South Beach
Start Date: 1st-9-13-04 restart 1-1-11
Been really cold, frost on the ground every morning, but it's been sunny. Going to rain on Thursday. Sounds like everyones getting in now.

Karen apple enchiladas sound so yummy. Especially with a little ice cream on top.
Do you freeze up the extra apple pie filling?

Cheryl yummy meat loaf is great for a rainy day and I always make a big one because I love it for a sandwich. They finally drew our lake down; now if we get a few nice days we'll clean up the shore line.

Pat hope the tummy is better. Drink plenty of water for the bloat. My scales been doing the same thing, going to start journaling my food again and see if that gives me a jump start. I think alot of it is because of change in my eating pattern now that the cold weather is here.
misty1028 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 04:17 PM   #37
Big Yapper!!!!

I froze the extra apple pie filling. Apple enchiladas were really good. I need to tweak the sauce (too much water, for my liking) but they were really good.
Old 11-05-2013, 06:05 PM   #38
Big Yapper!!!!

Finally, I am same tonight on the scale as I was this morning. So it should be down tomorrow. About time!!!

Hope everyone else is having more luck than me.

I did walk 10 minutes this morning (and just that had my calves hurting.......!)

And tomorrow I have meetings, and at mercy of hotel foods....
Old 11-05-2013, 06:35 PM   #39
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

No change in my turkey wattle yet.

Patience isn't my strong suit lately.

Glad you are making progress Karen.

I thought my increase in activity would spur things on but so far it has just gone up instead of down. Discouraged. In total, since I started walking in June I have gained 8#.
Old 11-05-2013, 07:39 PM   #40
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

Patience isn't my strong suit lately.

Glad you are making progress Karen.

I thought my increase in activity would spur things on but so far it has just gone up instead of down. Discouraged. In total, since I started walking in June I have gained 8#.
Since tax season got over on April 15th, I am up 10#.........so I know exactly how you feel.

So I have to get started on a workable plan, before the next tax season. So little time to exercise.......or cook....
(New Mexican restaurant in town is really good, and I am doing their payrolls........so ok to spend money back there. Bacon-wrapped shrimp is amazing New favorite food....
Old 11-05-2013, 08:22 PM   #41
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well at least I'm in good company
Bacon wrapped shrimp sounds yummy
Old 11-06-2013, 01:09 PM   #42
Big Yapper!!!!

CJ~Hear ya on Patience...not my strong suit either! Sorry about the +8. I'm +3 since I've been here! No Monsoon...just rain. Clear today.

Karen~Hotel eating out is Skeery. Good luck. Sorry about the +10! Yep...a plan to stick to should help. Sorry the calves are sore from your walk. They will be less sore next time you go walking. Yum...on the bacon wrapped Shrimp! I had a BLT for BF this AM w/just 1 slice of dense bread.

Misty~Burr-cold over there! Journaling is a good idea. I don't have patience for that. Yes, drinking lots of water. It seems like I have IBS or something. I eat...I get Bloat.

Scale the same. Took day off from Yoga. Went biking instead. Haven't been biking for a Long time. Now, I'm saddle sore & my palm pads are sore from holding onto the handle bars.
Going to the South side of the island this afternoon to get my nails done & do some window shopping. Supposed to get to 86 here today!
Looks like Fish Burger takeout for dinner tonight. Laters...
Old 11-06-2013, 01:13 PM   #43
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
No change in mine either...but, that could be due to aging!

Keep up your physical activity...it's still Good for you whether you lose or not.
Old 11-06-2013, 01:51 PM   #44
Blabbermouth!!!

Sounds like we're all in the same boat, weight going up and down. I've really got to get back to walking and the gym. Going back to the gym on Friday. I so don't want to gain alot of weight over the holidays this year and have to start all over. But the big question is what are we all going to do about it.

Went shopping today and got a new coat, now I need new boots.
Old 11-06-2013, 04:00 PM   #45
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty1028 View Post
Sounds like we're all in the same boat, weight going up and down. I've really got to get back to walking and the gym. Going back to the gym on Friday. I so don't want to gain alot of weight over the holidays this year and have to start all over. But the big question is what are we all going to do about it.

Went shopping today and got a new coat, now I need new boots.
I like that.

What are we going to do about it? Good questions. Open for suggestions!!
Old 11-06-2013, 04:41 PM   #46
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I wish I knew. I found myself in tears today I'm so discouraged. I hadn't realized til yesterday just how much I had gained.
Old 11-06-2013, 06:32 PM   #47
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I wish I knew. I found myself in tears today I'm so discouraged. I hadn't realized til yesterday just how much I had gained.
I have been chewing myself out every morning for a week, and then sometime during the day, I end up eating stuff I know I shouldn't. And I know better, but just can't seem to change. I do not understand. Never thought I was a weak person, but sure lack motivation.

I am game on any ideas we can come up with to get us all jump started.

I have actually done 10 minutes of walking the last 2 mornings. I am going to see if I can keep it up. That is my starters.

Last edited by iakaren; 11-06-2013 at 06:33 PM.. Reason: additional
Old 11-07-2013, 04:22 AM   #48
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I read this today. It was in response to question on FB about eating rice and brownies on LC. I need to work on my priorities.

You pick your own priorities. Your decisions will drive your results though. No one is perfect. It is about you. Food is about fuel and health. Mental health counts too. Do the best you can. Be at peace with yourself.

Karen we are both beating ourselves up. I know I used to be a strong person. But I seem to use my strength for others and not so much myself anymore. I feel beat down by life and I think that is the mindset I need to work on. I keep saying I need to make me a priority but it's not so much that as the fact that I get lonely, I think. My DH is a loner. I lost my BFF of 16 years when her marriage fell apart. Then we moved. And the last few years have just been bleck!! So I'm reflecting on all this and coming to terms with this is how it is and I need to accept it and be at peace with it. Maybe if I can do that the eating will fall in place.
Old 11-07-2013, 05:41 AM   #49
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow chilly out this morning. I left a wet washcloth on the deck and it was frozen. Off to spend the day with Mom
Old 11-07-2013, 09:05 AM   #50
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I read this today. It was in response to question on FB about eating rice and brownies on LC. I need to work on my priorities.

You pick your own priorities. Your decisions will drive your results though. No one is perfect. It is about you. Food is about fuel and health. Mental health counts too. Do the best you can. Be at peace with yourself.

Karen we are both beating ourselves up. I know I used to be a strong person. But I seem to use my strength for others and not so much myself anymore. I feel beat down by life and I think that is the mindset I need to work on. I keep saying I need to make me a priority but it's not so much that as the fact that I get lonely, I think. My DH is a loner. I lost my BFF of 16 years when her marriage fell apart. Then we moved. And the last few years have just been bleck!! So I'm reflecting on all this and coming to terms with this is how it is and I need to accept it and be at peace with it. Maybe if I can do that the eating will fall in place.
Well put. Definitely not putting ourselves as a priority is major part.
Old 11-07-2013, 10:04 AM   #51
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Good quote. We do pick our priorities whether we think we do or not. It is mostly All Mental. We make our choices. Sometimes life does get us down & we let our emotions make our choices...good or bad. Even in the good times...we let our emotions control what choices we make. First priority should be ourselves & our Health. But...how many of us do that? And...when we do make certain choices (good or bad)...some of those choices become a Habit or an addiction. Then, the cycle continues.? Just random thoughts...
Old 11-07-2013, 10:15 AM   #52
Big Yapper!!!!

I'm working on portion control. I know that when I get a craving for an unhealthy treat...I can have a small portion & that will quell my craving. I choose to have it in a small portion rather than choose to eat the whole thing & then beat myself over it afterward.

Misty~What kind/length of coat? Looking for Boots to go with it?

Well, off to Yoga & will think about my priorities/choices during class.
Supposed to be another 86 temp here today. Going to make a batch of cole slaw today. Made w/half yogurt/mayo mix.
Old 11-07-2013, 12:31 PM   #53
Blabbermouth!!!

Rainy and cold out today, so going to be an inside day. Sounds like we're all thinking the same way and trying to figure out what to do.

Cheryl got post. I like what your read on FB. Setting our own priorities is so important. I think I let that slip. I so know what you went through with your BFF. When I first moved up here I left all my best friends behind and it took so long to meet new ones and to set my life in motion. I still see then but only a few times a year. Do you get to see your friend?

Karen walking is a great start. I'm back at the gym, DH got me to go back because he has to exercise and hates to go alone. When I get there I love it, but it's getting there especially when it freezing cold out. And my eating has been on a all time high. But that's got to stop too.
Old 11-07-2013, 04:27 PM   #54
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks everyone.

So I need to figure out how to do this. And I need to work on not being hurt so easily by others words, actions. I'll fight for other people but rarely for myself. What do you all do?

Misty I don't see her anymore. She cut ties with everyone including her 16 year old son. Left him at Grandma's. That was 4-5 years ago.

Pat I can do small portions except chips and potatoes they always set me off

Karen how are you going to put yourself as a priority?
I welcome all the help.

Last edited by CJMO; 11-07-2013 at 04:28 PM..
Old 11-08-2013, 05:20 AM   #55
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Thanks everyone.

So I need to figure out how to do this. And I need to work on not being hurt so easily by others words, actions. I'll fight for other people but rarely for myself. What do you all do?

Misty I don't see her anymore. She cut ties with everyone including her 16 year old son. Left him at Grandma's. That was 4-5 years ago.

Pat I can do small portions except chips and potatoes they always set me off

Karen how are you going to put yourself as a priority?
I welcome all the help.
Maybe we just need to kick each other to put ourselves first sometimes. Sounds like we all need that. This may be a work in progress.

DH needs a neck rub.....serious headache. So I will get back to this later.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:04 AM   #56
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ok. Kick me

Started my Vit D for the season. I'm not in the sun much these days. I also started taking Ionic Magnesium. Supposed to be good for sleep and energy and more. We shall see. There was a long thread on here where I read about it. On plan today. Right now my plan is to allow carbs once a day and see how that goes.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:25 AM   #57
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Ok. Kick me

Started my Vit D for the season. I'm not in the sun much these days. I also started taking Ionic Magnesium. Supposed to be good for sleep and energy and more. We shall see. There was a long thread on here where I read about it. On plan today. Right now my plan is to allow carbs once a day and see how that goes.
That is the same strategy I am using.......only seems like the evening carbs always end up higher than I want, after I have had a good lunch with some carbs......

STill works best for me and my life.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:56 AM   #58
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So you do carbs twice a day? Are you staying under a certain amount? I am trying to stay away from my trigger foods for now. At least a week or 2. Then see what happens.

How is DH headache
Old 11-08-2013, 08:48 PM   #59
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Made it thru the day on plan. At the LH for the weekend. We're supposed to get cold by Tuesday.

Done beating myself up. Onward and upward.
Old 11-09-2013, 10:17 AM   #60
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning!

CJ~ Hear ya on being sensitive & taking things too personally. I'm that way too. But, I'm getting better as I get older. I tend to not care that much anymore. I think of it as the other person is lashing out because they are insecure, unhappy w/themselves & just plain inconsiderate of other peeps feelings & selfish! Some peeps really do not think before they speak & aren't even aware that they are hurting others feelings. I shrug my shoulders & walk away. I don't have time or energy to let them upset me & my day. So sorry about losing your BFF. I lost mine some years back & it was tough on my Heart.
Hear ya on the Trigger foods! Chips & taters are the Worst for me! I take mag. along w/melatonin @ night. Works sometimes. Yawn! Do have Vivid Dreams w/melatonin!

Karen~Nice of you to rub DH's neck. Is his headache gone? Dang Carbs!

Misty~@ least you have your DH pushing to the Gym! Moving is rough on friendships. Speaking of coats...I bought a new Hoodie yesterday. Saw some boots & thought of you.

Got some rain last night & it's still overcast this AM. Smells good after the rain. Big waves. Scale the same. Rode my bike yesterday & did some shopping...walked lots.
Off to Yoga.