Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2013, 10:08 AM   #301
Deb
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb
Roads were slippery yesterday so my furniture wont be here till late this afternoon...

but then we have the weekend to get everything set up

just set up the new coffee maker

feels like christmas
Deb is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-22-2013, 11:46 AM   #302
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Rbenz
WOE: Trying to resist anything white.

Nice TG plans everyone! We are invited to neighbors across the street. Haven't heard what we are supposed to bring or what time it will be yet.

Deb~Thought you already had TG? Isn't Canadian TG in October? Sounds like you have already had Xmas there too! Yeah...when you're a gym rat...you do miss the routine/endorphins.

Karen~Friday movie retreat sounds like fun. How many employees do you have?

CJ~Going to Dallas again?

Misty~Inviting guests over or just family? Have fun shopping w/sis. I did a bit of Xmas shopping yesterday too. Bought a dozen Hawaii 2014 calendars for peeps. They were on sale. All I need to do is add the Xmas card to the calendar envelope & I'm done shopping! I'm cheap...what can I say?

Scale the same here. Better than going up! Back is sore from yesterday's yoga. Did the Bird of Paradise asana & after I did it on the rt side...I felt like I did something to my back! Dang it! Went & did some shopping & after that...I was toast! On heating pad rt. now. Hope this doesn't last 11 days like the last back episode I had. Was looking forward to Sat. yoga. It will be my last yoga w/favorite instructor who is going to Africa for 2mos. Won't be able to say goodbye. Won't see her until next Spring some time. Oh...well.
Old 11-22-2013, 04:11 PM   #303
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: misty1028
Stats: high 189 to 115 restart 169/139/120
WOE: low carb-Atkins/South Beach
Start Date: 1st-9-13-04 restart 1-1-11
Long day but had a great time with my Sis, got a good start on xmas gifts. And walked alot. This mall is so huge it would take a 2 days to get through it. I LOVE it. Bought my Rocco a new holiday shirt.

Pat I think it's just family for dinner but you never know Wow hope your back heals fast. Seems you can't do much of anything when your back hurts. Are you putting heat on it, sometimes that works great.

Deb bet I know what your doing, probably moving you new furniture. Bet it looks so nice. Especially the bar. You already had your Thanksgiving right??

Cheryl going to Texas after Thanksgiving sounds like fun how long you going for?

Karen what a good idea having the retreat,sounds like alot of fun, do you all do that every year.
misty1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 04:36 PM   #304
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: iakaren
Stats: 191/181/160
WOE: LC 11/06;CAD 11/11
Start Date: October 28, 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by misty1028 View Post
Long day but had a great time with my Sis, got a good start on xmas gifts. And walked alot. This mall is so huge it would take a 2 days to get through it. I LOVE it. Bought my Rocco a new holiday shirt.

Pat I think it's just family for dinner but you never know Wow hope your back heals fast. Seems you can't do much of anything when your back hurts. Are you putting heat on it, sometimes that works great.

Deb bet I know what your doing, probably moving you new furniture. Bet it looks so nice. Especially the bar. You already had your Thanksgiving right??

Cheryl going to Texas after Thanksgiving sounds like fun how long you going for?

Karen what a good idea having the retreat,sounds like alot of fun, do you all do that every year.
This will be first year for retreat......huge new office gives us space to work with. We like going to office more....windows and space do a lot for mental.

Found out we all have those "favorite" movies that others haven't watched. So watching our own private classiscs all day to learn the quotes when somebody tosses them out.
Down Periscope
Princess Bride
Robin Hood Men in Tights
Blazing Saddles
and others.....

Everyone agreed rather do that than Black Friday sales........

Have myself and 4 employees, and my DH if he wants to show up.
Maybe crock pot so one employee's 3 boys can come up and eat.
.. ......177.0...174.0....174.0...183.0...184.0...183 .5...185.5....192.0

Goal of less than 170.0 by Year End 2014.
22 Lb Goal 2014......So Far ?????
iakaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 07:54 PM   #305
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CJMO
WOE: My way mixing it low carb
That sounds like fun work time Karen. It's amazing what some windows and space do for a workplace.

Misty wow what a big mall. We can do ours a lot quicker Rocco like his new shirt? Yeah we will be in the Dallas area Friday and Sat. Head for home Sunday.

Deb did you get the furniture?? Did the coffee pot work?

Pat that makes for easy Christmas shopping!! I don't have many to buy for. DH doesn't do the Holiday. His side of the family are JW. My oldest brother doesn't do Christmas. His kids said they don't want to do presents anymore. So Mom, younger brother and his family are it. Do you have a back injury or is this muscular?

At the LH. We are under a winter advisory.

A car missed a curve on the bluffs and went over. 60' into the lake. They didn't make it. They will continue recovery in the morning. It's so sad.
Old 11-23-2013, 11:06 AM   #306
Blabbermouth!!!

Up early and had to sell at the cookie walk and no I didn't snack on 1 cookie. Going to be the coldest few days of the season with strong heavy winds so DH an others have been going around the lake to make sure all is set for the elderly neighbors. Charging up everything in case we lose power.

Karen sounds like a nice relaxing thing to do with the worker, maybe do it a few times a year, especially after tax season ends.

Cheryl wow ss to hear about the accident, that's so sad. Hope your not getting snow, stay safe if your going to the LH.

Deb how does the new furniture look??
Old 11-23-2013, 03:11 PM   #307
Deb

Yes we had our thanksgiving...I was a kidding with you all

Furniture looks great..been working on it most of the day..but the L/B's new desk got chipped by the delivery guys so he gets a new one on wed..shopped for table runners and new place mats n such today and its all come together and looks great.Now I need a new desk and I have room for a couple more guitars

Now I have to tell ya about the coffee pot..wow..i love it.Can do a single cup of pot.saw it today at Bed/Bath and Beyong for over $300.00 which made me also happy I saved $100 bucks..
if you have single cup it steeps the fresh ground beans for you..very impressed

going to have movie night tonight..enjoy your Saturday night everyone
Old 11-23-2013, 03:16 PM   #308
Deb

Misty stay warm..gotz lots of pellets? Hi Rocco

No cookie.. im not a cookie person but if they are infront of me I have a hard time cause they are so pretty

Karen I hear black Friday is crazy..does Costco do anything special for black Friday?

Cheryl..wow on the accident..you stay warm my friend and hope you don't lose power..going home tomorrow I am guessing?
Old 11-23-2013, 03:19 PM   #309
Deb

[QUOTE=Rbenz;16693073 Back is sore from yesterday's yoga. Did the Bird of Paradise asana & after I did it on the rt side...I felt like I did something to my back! Dang it! Went & did some shopping & after that...I was toast! On heating pad rt. now. .[/QUOTE]

oh crap !!
Pat you take care of yourself

not sure I have ever done the bird???

been so long since I did yoga I cant remember..but wed im back for sure and I will take it real slow and steady for sure
Old 11-23-2013, 05:58 PM   #310
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I looked up Bird of Paradise on you tube. Wow. No wonder your back hurts. That's got to be an advanced move.

I'm glad the are replacing the desk Deb. Sounds like a neat coffee maker.

Misty sounds like some nasty weather headed your way. Ours went south. Just cold and windy. We will head home tomorrow

Had a relaxing day.
CJMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 06:19 PM   #311
Big Yapper!!!!

Misty~Glad U had a Fun Mall/walky/shop w/sis! Bet Rocco will looky cute in Holiday shirt! Nice of DH to go & do a well ck on the elders! Yes, have Heating pad off & on since the incident.

Karen~Glad all R enjoying UR new office space! Good DVD selection! Hate Blk Friday!

CJ~SS about that car accident! Wonder how many peeps were involved? Take care on the roads w/that winter advisory! I feel that Xmas is Sooo over rated! A couple of those calendars are also BD/Xmas combo! I'm Cheap! Or...just Burnt out on Xmas Shopping?! Don't know what's going on w/my back? Thinking it is Muscular? I do know, that sitting & then trying to stand up is worse than lying down & rolling off to the side to stand up?

Deb~ Hey, have pix of new bar & such? Kewl Coff Pot! Thx on the Back. Bet U have done the Bird! Have a fun movie Nite!

I'm in sort of a dog house rt. now. I peeled celery stalks & put them down the garbage disposal. Umm...sink is plugged & DH is taking the pipes apart under the sink. He hasn't figured out the problem yet. Whoops! We got a new disposal...& thought...hey, let's test it out!? Not!
Luckily, he's being easy on me...w/my back & all. I keep saying I'm sorry...& he keeps saying...it's OK. Back is still Sucky! Almost didn't go out w/friends this AM for Brekkers. But, we went. It was tough standing up to leave! I was a moaning...& groaning! But, got through it & home to my Heating pad!
Scale the same. Wanting a Mai-Tai & pupus rt. now! That won't help the scale much, but might help other areas of my body/mind? Geez!
Rbenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 06:25 PM   #312
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJMO View Post
I looked up Bird of Paradise on you tube. Wow. No wonder your back hurts. That's got to be an advanced move.

Yeah...sort of... Have Done it many times before...but, hey, when U have some disc issues...well, Cheet happens? DH said, maybe U shouldn't do that anymore? Getting Old Sucks!

Have Good/safe trip back home!

Last edited by Rbenz; 11-23-2013 at 06:26 PM..
Rbenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 06:51 PM   #313
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb View Post
Misty stay warm..gotz lots of pellets? Hi Rocco

No cookie.. im not a cookie person but if they are infront of me I have a hard time cause they are so pretty

Karen I hear black Friday is crazy..does Costco do anything special for black Friday?

Cheryl..wow on the accident..you stay warm my friend and hope you don't lose power..going home tomorrow I am guessing?
I have been a Sams Club person. Never been in Costco. But I know I never went to Sams on Black Friday
Old 11-23-2013, 06:55 PM   #314
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbenz View Post

Misty~Glad U had a Fun Mall/walky/shop w/sis! Bet Rocco will looky cute in Holiday shirt! Nice of DH to go & do a well ck on the elders! Yes, have Heating pad off & on since the incident.

Karen~Glad all R enjoying UR new office space! Good DVD selection! Hate Blk Friday!

CJ~SS about that car accident! Wonder how many peeps were involved? Take care on the roads w/that winter advisory! I feel that Xmas is Sooo over rated! A couple of those calendars are also BD/Xmas combo! I'm Cheap! Or...just Burnt out on Xmas Shopping?! Don't know what's going on w/my back? Thinking it is Muscular? I do know, that sitting & then trying to stand up is worse than lying down & rolling off to the side to stand up?

Deb~ Hey, have pix of new bar & such? Kewl Coff Pot! Thx on the Back. Bet U have done the Bird! Have a fun movie Nite!

I'm in sort of a dog house rt. now. I peeled celery stalks & put them down the garbage disposal. Umm...sink is plugged & DH is taking the pipes apart under the sink. He hasn't figured out the problem yet. Whoops! We got a new disposal...& thought...hey, let's test it out!? Not!
Luckily, he's being easy on me...w/my back & all. I keep saying I'm sorry...& he keeps saying...it's OK. Back is still Sucky! Almost didn't go out w/friends this AM for Brekkers. But, we went. It was tough standing up to leave! I was a moaning...& groaning! But, got through it & home to my Heating pad!
Scale the same. Wanting a Mai-Tai & pupus rt. now! That won't help the scale much, but might help other areas of my body/mind? Geez!
So sorry about the back!! I am not as plagued with that as DH, but it is painful just to walk when his seizes up....... Hope yours gets better fast.
Old 11-24-2013, 09:01 AM   #315
Deb

Clear cold -6 morning here so I decided to take a nice long run...

good way to start out the week

off to do some produce shopping and make a stew in the crock

whats everyone cooking?
Old 11-24-2013, 09:03 AM   #316
Deb

way too advanced for me Pat.........

Old 11-24-2013, 09:04 AM   #317
Deb

I have a hard time doing tree pose

Old 11-24-2013, 10:39 AM   #318
Blabbermouth!!!

Freezing out today, the wind is horrid. Had to have friend that does roofing come this morning and replace shingles that blew off last night. The edge of the lake is frozen. Staying in a making a nice porkroast with roasted vegies.

Deb yikes I would of broke something doing that poise. Funny how when you get new furniture you got to add all the bling to go with it. Feels great.

Pat hope you heal fast, looking at that pose looks hard. Got to be careful as we age we break easier
Old 11-24-2013, 10:41 AM   #319
Blabbermouth!!!

Deb Rocco can show you how to do a tree pose
Old 11-24-2013, 11:59 AM   #320
Deb

Quote:

I bet he is good at it for sure
Old 11-24-2013, 12:03 PM   #321
Deb

stay warm Misty..your supper sounds good

do you guys lose power often?
do you have a generator out there just incase

shingles blowing off the roof is not good for sure
Old 11-24-2013, 12:38 PM   #322
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Sometimes LD falls over in tree pose
CJMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 01:22 PM   #323
Deb

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJMO View Post
Sometimes LD falls over in tree pose
if you only had one eye...

anyone would fall over doing tree pose

Old 11-24-2013, 01:35 PM   #324
Deb

I saw this pix today and got a giggle out of it

all this yoga talk

he is the move it move it guy !!

Old 11-25-2013, 05:48 AM   #325
Deb

well I finally did it..im up for class

girl friend says she is coming with me this morning..will see if she shows up..5:30 is early

my new coffee maker woke me up at 5:25..no need for a alarm clock the grinder does the job
Old 11-25-2013, 07:30 AM   #326
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SummerBreeze63
Stats: 202/197/146
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: December 29, 2009
Deb- congrats on the new coffee pot/alarm! Have fun at yoga class. I would like to see some pics of your new bar & stuff too! Running in the cold weather...you are tough. I do not even like to drive in it.

Pat- I did not know that celery messed up garbage disposals.. maybe that is why I ruin them every couple of years.

We have been really cold here in Kansas, but the ice and snow missed us completely. (thank goodness) It looks like the rest of the week will be okay.

Everyone that is traveling this week.. hope you have a very safe trip.
SummerBreeze63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 08:26 AM   #327
Deb

Hey Miss V..yes I will have to find some time to post some pix for sure..

so sure enough..friend says she isn't feeling good

BUT I had a great class..got my lemon water in and decided to dust off the juicer
Best I be careful with my juicing because I tend to over do it then I cant leave the house for a couple of days

going to do some work in the building and then up town for a fake n bake session
Old 11-25-2013, 11:53 AM   #328
Blabbermouth!!!

Went to the gym and finished all my house cleaning. Got ribs cooking a new recipe a friend gave me and I ate hers and it was delish.

Pat yup did that with celery too. Think they would right it in the manuel. once you start grinding it acts like string. But did you know that you should grind up ice cubes now and then that it will sharpen the blades.
Old 11-25-2013, 12:38 PM   #329
Deb

Misty what have you made in your food-processor?

Ribs in the crock or oven?

im going to make more dressing this afternoon
Old 11-25-2013, 01:02 PM   #330
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: scrappychik
Stats: Goal 145
WOE: Paleo & exercise!
Start Date: Re-start 09/01/14
I'm still here AND on plan!!! Wahoo!!! Just busy prepping for US thanksgiving and Emma's bday both on Thursday. I'm at moms in MD dropping off fundraiser stuff and then we gotta drive hour back home for Nutcracker rehearsals. We were at the studio for 2 hours last nite as well. I will try to get in here to chat...I miss u guys. Might be midnight my time, but for Yall in the west should be early still KUTGW LADIES!!!
scrappychik is offline   Reply With Quote