Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2013, 12:26 PM   #241
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: saltnpepper
Stats: 125/106/105 5'
Start Date: long ago restart 06/11
Wow Monica!! You are a busy girl. The party that keeps giving (growing) sounds like fun. LOL And the vacation at Christmas with the family.....beautiful. Truly great.

Michelle so happy you won $$$. That is great. How are the "kids"? I know you will enjoy them.

I made LC peanut butter cookies....just to have. DH ate 4. I have eaten the rest. Weight is up.

I'm just not into it like I usually am. I'm looking for motavation. You would think staying with Carol, friends sister, would do it.

I read an article about Glenn Campbell having Alzheimer's. So sad. Of course this is happening to older folks. But nobody should have to have it. Time is so short. Sorry....but this just stinks.

Happier note, Pepper is my biggest kid at Christmas. We always have to wrap him presents. He loves the paper and unwrapping. I love to watch him. He is getting new toys and treats. Oh and a new collar. St Louis Cardinals no less.
Proud of that.
saltnpepper is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-19-2013, 12:33 PM   #242
Senior LCF Member

BTW, Jeanne I read the post about troubling kids not growing up until they are 35. That is 14 yrs away. That sounds like forever. This kid was/is the perfect kid. Honor roll, music (violin), great pt job. Just don't understand the way he thinks. But love'em anyway. I just know my hair is much grayer this year. LOL

Michelle hang on to the furbabies, they don't talk back and do what you want, because they want to please you. Love that.
Old 12-19-2013, 01:31 PM   #243
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/171.5 /148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
Anna-Chris started causing trouble at age 10-it has been a long road! I couldn't begin to tell you all that happened in those 25 years-he said himself-if he had not joined the service and met Kim-his wife and straightened up-he would have probably ended up in jail or prison-we had bad times-real bad..I am thankful for the man he has become now-he is a good father and husband-not perfect by any means-but he has come a long long way.. you hang in there..all they need is time to learn what is important in life before they do something stupid that they can't recover from--we will pray for that--just enough time.

Jeanne
jbatchelor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 01:43 PM   #244
Major LCF Poster!

Dolly always gets her new Christmas toys too--she loves her squeaky Santa, reindeer, snowman--most of these Christmas ones are her favorites except for her piggy--she sleeps with her piggy and brings him into the room when she is ready for bed-she lets us know when she is tired-she has two blankies too that she gets covered up with at nite-she is such a cold puppy-she stays covered up all nite under those two little blankies until the morning-of course she sleeps with us! her toy box is over-flowing and she brings them all out at times and plays with them all! our Airedale didn't like toys at all--weird that Dolly loves hers-I only bought one new one for Christmas! I would buy a new sweater but I can't find one that is made well--they are pretty shabby pickings!
Old 12-20-2013, 06:44 AM   #245
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/187/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltnpepper View Post
Happier note, Pepper is my biggest kid at Christmas. We always have to wrap him presents. He loves the paper and unwrapping. I love to watch him. He is getting new toys and treats. Oh and a new collar. St Louis Cardinals no less.
Proud of that.
How stinking cool is that???? My dogs could care less. I am sure the little one Pip is scared to death of wrapping paper! She spooks on everything!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 06:47 AM   #246

Jeanne now that is stinking CUTE about your Dolly! How sweet is she?????
Old 12-20-2013, 06:48 AM   #247

It's Party day! I hit a new low (well for this year at least) 167.2

Pray I don't blow it all out of the water this weekend! There will be food/drink galore tonight PLUS we are ordering in lunch (which we rarely do) here at work!

TIS THE SEASON!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-20-2013, 07:19 AM   #248
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: michelle204
WOE: LowCarbing my way
Start Date: July 9, 2007
Wow Monica you are doing fantastic. How are you managing to lose at this time of year? I am so jealous. And your party sounds like a blast. You are going to have such a blast. All those people means that much more fun.

Anna--- My past dogs loved presents but mine now don't care. Twinkle is scared of all toys, she hates treats, and doesn't need clothes because she runs hot even though she is only 6 lbs. Ben has plenty of clothes that he really doesn't need either, hates treats, and has too many toys already. Now my foster dogs love treats so I will make sure there is a bag of treats for each of them and some new toys too.

Jeanne-- I am glad your son grew up. Some men really do need to find that right woman to turn them around. I have seen it many times. And if that woman leaves they revert back. Sad!

Not much new here. I have my babies and so far everyone is getting along. Thet all slept last night which was good. Other then that I am just stayimg home watching endless Christmas movies and eating bad things that shouldn't be in the house but tis the season. I am over 180 now and climbing.
Oh well later ladies.
michelle204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 09:28 AM   #249
Major LCF Poster!

hello girls-I am not back on the wagon either--grrr- makes me mad at me! I have eaten so much bad stuff that my gums are sore!! not a good sign! I am not able to zip my jeans--when you wear sweats shirts to cover up unzipped jeans it isn't a good thing! It may be the season-but I better get a hold on myself.

I made some seasoned nuts yesterday in the crockpot and have some more there today-I hope they turn out-I bought some that were actually already old tasting so I threw them in the freezer to maybe try to do something with-these are the ones I am doing today-I hope it disguises that old taste and they will be edible now-I hate wasting money! of course my gums hurt too bad now to really eat them-but they might get eaten later if I ever get back in gear! I am going to try and bake this weekend before all the festivities get started-I need to clean upstairs and change the beds and get ready for the babies-I am getting excited to see the kiddos! I have bbq ribs in the toaster oven for dinner-I hope this will be the first day back on plan! maybe?

Michelle-glad the pups are all getting along-I wish Dolly had a friend sometimes but she is jealous of the cat when he is getting petted-I just don't think it would ever work. She requires lots of attention.

later girls-time to stir the nuts!
Old 12-20-2013, 03:30 PM   #250
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: chigirlhere
Stats: 246/202.8/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: August 11, 2013
Good Evening all!!

Been crazy busy! working two jobs and my dd has been sick all week. I'm exhausted!

Tried to catch up on reading. Looks like everyone is busy with Christmas and such. Scary reading on kids growing up. My DS is going to college next year. I am already worried about him

well Diet is going well. Today 202.8! I have lost 43LBS since August!!

I keep singing "All I want for Christmas is onederland" Oh I hope. 3lbs is a bit much to lose in less then a week...but a girl can hope

I have a wedding to go to tomorrow (the event I needed a dress for) I had a rough time finding something to show off my new curves. I ended up borrowing a dress that is not as nice as I wanted, but I have had such negative views on my body for so long...I just couldn't find anything I was comfortable in.

In case I am not back on my Christmas, Hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas!
chigirlhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 02:41 PM   #251
Senior LCF Member

Happy Sunday

WTG Monica!! A new LOW, and this close to Christmas! I have never said that about me. LOL

Michelle how is it going with all the kids home? Hoping you all stay warm and cozy. Any big plans for Christmas?

Jeanne I guess you family will be home. That is the best part of Christmas. I love the family stuff more the older I get.

chigirlhere good to see you! Working 2 jobs......just wanted to give you a hug. That is really hard. And you are doing great with the weight loss!! Keep singing, it will come true. Tell us about the wedding....how did it go??

Do you have plans for Christmas?

We aren't doing much. DH is on call over the holidays....so we don't do much. Even if he wasn't we wouldn't do much. I have no family here, (2 kids) and his family does nothing for Christmas. So we have the kids over for Christmas Eve, eat, do gifts for the granddaughter then eat some more. Christmas day we will open a gift or two, eat and watch TV. Same thing every year.

I am at a new high as far as weight goes. Everyday I think I will do better today. So I know what I have to do, just need to do it. So far today is better so hopefully I am on my way.

Later
Old 12-22-2013, 05:42 PM   #252
Major LCF Poster!

Chigirl--onederland is so close--you can do it girl--don't give up! you are doing it-hang in there!! I want to see pics of the wedding dress! I am sure you looked wonderful! you have lost so much!

Anna--I am sure I will be exhausted after Christmas but I can't wait to get my hands onto the grandkids--I did a little Skype with them on Friday-Allie's hair is like a wild woman! all fuzzy and straight up in the air!! it is crazy silly but cute! she looks like Einstein! and Lucas is always wild so I will be nuts--your quiet holiday will be sounding good by next Tuesday when they head out lol! I will be ready to crash!

I get weighed tomorrow--I finally got my head back into the game again-only because of my blood sugars though-when I fall off it is hard to get back and I would have normally stayed bad for a long time-but when I am testing my blood sugars daily it is a daily reminder of what I am doing to myself-today I am back in the normal range but still not where I want to be--so I am trying to come up with something to bake tomorrow that will help me be good over the holiday-the baking is the only thing that keeps me on the straight and narrow! Anna--you can get it together--it is hard but keep trying--we are in this together!

I still have shopping to do--I have never had to shop of Christmas eve before-but I will be doing that this year! I did wrapping today-somethings are still not here that I ordered either-I am running super behind like never before...why can't I be on top of things?
Old 12-23-2013, 05:24 AM   #253
Major LCF Poster!

It is Monday-the frigid temps are back--going to be 7 tonight! brrr! well-I lost 2.5 of the 5 I gained-heading down but not where I wanted to be headed into Christmas week!

busy week ahead for everybody--are you packed Michelle--making lists? I have to have my lists! today I am busy and running -tomorrow I will be shopping--out there with the crowds!

what does everybody else have planned for this week?

Michelle-how are the pups doing all together--is Ben enjoying all the activity?

Dolly needs a grooming so badly and looks really scruffy--I am tempted to attempt to groom her myself after Christmas is over--my clippers are old and loud and not like my friend Vals'--she would probably never stand for them--I am not sure Val will continue with grooming after she finishes her radiation treatment anyway--she is really feeling tired and worn out.

back later--

Last edited by jbatchelor; 12-23-2013 at 05:26 AM..
Old 12-23-2013, 06:53 AM   #254
Major LCF Poster!

sorry-meant to say Monica packed--I am easily confused-while typing and talking-the mind never catches up with the fingers lol!

Michelle-how did the Saturday weigh in go? I missed you this weekend-but I am sure you were busy with the pups! I am headed into the kitchen to see what I can find!
Old 12-23-2013, 01:12 PM   #255
Senior LCF Member

Hi

I guess everyone is busy with Christmas. I did some last minute shopping this moring. I was at the grocery store by 6:30.....then BB & Beyond and Micheals. I could do more, but I don't think I will.

Anyway....WTG Jeanne!! I would take any down this close to Christmas!! That is great.

I think I will do a food log after Christmas. I have a hard time losing, but I eat often. No wonder! LOL

Anyway Happy Monday

"It's Beginning to Look At Lot Like Christmas" is playing on the radio. Love it.
Old 12-23-2013, 04:42 PM   #256
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: michelle204
WOE: LowCarbing my way
Start Date: July 9, 2007
Hello all. It has been very hectic here with all the dogs. Twinkle is still not house broken yet and with our temps being -45* this week she really doesn't want to go out. So there have been several accidents. Daisy has developed diarrhea and it got so bad in the middle of the night she couldn't control it anymore and she had accidents too. So I have been busy trying to make the house not smell like dog doo doo. Dayders came here with a diarrhea problem because he was on antibiotics before he got here. So tomorrow -45 or not I have to go in the yard and pick up poop so my brother doesn't see a yard full of you know what.

I have my brother over for dinner tomorrow night. It is lasagna, fig and pomegranate salad, cheesy bread sticks and raspberry cheesecake. On the 25th we go to my inlaws for dinner. I don't think we will stay to long as I do not want to be scrubbing carpets for hours on end Christmas night.

Weigh in went miserable thanks for asking. But Jeanne WTG I am so proud of you losing just before xmas. You're my hero.

Well ladies I may not have time to come back so Merry Christmas to all. And may everyone have a great time with family and friends and enjoy this glorious time of year. I wish all of you the best of everything. I can't wait to see my brother and play with all my furbabies xmas morning. It should be fun. (If we get the poop worked out.)

MERRY CHRISTMAS!
michelle204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 05:56 PM   #257

Merry christmas to all!!!! Worked 12 hours today. Whew***. Got it all done. We are now In the car heading to my Mom's. We will be there till afternoon on the 25th. My new low is tummy issue related I'm sure. Having major issues often. It's good for the scale LOL!!! If it is still going on after vacation, I will have to go to the DR. No time right now . It's hard. With Celiac, I suffered so long I learned to cope with the issues and pains.
Old 12-23-2013, 05:59 PM   #258

Jeanne kiss those babies for me!!! Enjoy them. They are lucky to have you!! Don't fret the eating, we will all jump back on after New Years ! I read a sinature here that said, it's not what you eat between Thanksgiving and New Years , it what you eat from New Years to thanksgiving that counts !!!

In part it's true, but I can do a lot of damage In a month, heck even in a week!!!
Old 12-23-2013, 06:02 PM   #259

Michelle sorry about the poop issues. Pip is like that. Now that we have snow and cold (-4* here tonight ) she won't go outside! She will walk in and go right inside the door . Very thankful for tile!!! Enjoy your Brother. Forgive me , are your parents not alive??? Can't remember. Don't fret the food , enjoy the holiday!!!
Old 12-23-2013, 06:03 PM   #260

Anna- good seeing you girl . Sounds like a relaxing holiday for you!! I sure hope once we get there we can relax too!! Look forward to seeing more of you after I get back from VACA !!!
Old 12-23-2013, 06:05 PM   #261

Chi- 2 jobs and a sick child ?!?!? How do you do it???? Zap that negative body image girl . We are all a work In progress!!!
Old 12-23-2013, 06:05 PM   #262

I love you all and am grateful to know each of you!!!
Old 12-24-2013, 05:49 AM   #263
Major LCF Poster!

Safe travels Monica--on land and sea!! have fun and enjoy your time away! we will miss you and all your busy life!

Michelle--I can imagine having four dogs how hectic life is in your household-I am not sure how I would cope with it--you are a blessing to that woman for taking the two pups and especially with the poops issue! it could be a long holiday!

I am going out sometime today to shop and finish up--I will find out what it is like to shop on the last shopping day! So then back to bake I hope-we will be headed over the Chris and Kim's after mass for some light refreshments this evening-they always have friends in and a small gathering-we won't stay long-it will be the last quiet nite we will have before the grands arrive and all breaks loose-Dolly always acts like she wishes we would save her when Lucas is here--she doesn't know what to think of his noise and all the ruckas-now with two little ones-she will be trying to escape from them all the time! you can tell she has been raised with two old quiet people--her nerves don't cope with change! poor baby! I am anxious to grab that new baby and do some rocking though!

Chigirl--how did the wedding go? I bet you were a hit in that new dress!

Wishing you all a very merry Christmas--you have been a blessing!

Last edited by jbatchelor; 12-24-2013 at 05:51 AM..
Old 12-24-2013, 10:42 AM   #264

Enjoy Jeanne!!!
Old 12-24-2013, 11:35 AM   #265
Senior LCF Member

Just wanted to say Merry Christmas to y'all. Hope everyone has a blessed day with family and friends.

Safe travels Monica....you have an amazing life.

Jeanne, I too went back out in the crowds today. Glad that is over. Hope you get to hold the baby all you want. (and baby Dolly later)

Michelle you are a hero. Those poor pups are trying to be good, trying to please you. And you are so understanding. You are their Christmas angle, I am so glad you were willing to babysit the Mo kids. I am sure Twinkle will get better in time.

Chigirl, hope you get some rest. And health for the family.

Hugs to all, y'all are great.

Happy Holidays Friends
Old 12-26-2013, 04:50 AM   #266
Senior LCF Member

Good Moring Valentines!!

Hope everyone had a great/wonderful Christmas. Ours was busier than I figured it would be. And it will be busy for the next few days.......

Anyway, I'm going to try to get back on plan today. Sometimes I wonder if I need to adjust my plan. I keep falling off, maybe it's not what I need to be doing. I know LC in not about calories, but I'm thinking as I get older , and not as active I may need to consider LC and low calorie. For one minute I considered JUDD, again, but when I tried that I starved. I don't know how Monica does DD. To hard.

Anyway, my brother and his wife had there first baby right before Christmas. What a great Christmas prestent!! They have wanted a baby several years. Truly a blessing. Now I need to go to MO.

Later
Old 12-26-2013, 07:03 AM   #267

Quote:
Safe travels Monica....you have an amazing life.
I do have an amazing life. I am truly blessed!

Anna, that is an amazing christmas gift! Are you able to see the new baby soon? Where in MO???
Old 12-26-2013, 07:08 AM   #268

Me and Haven Christmas Eve night after church!

The whole family, just before church. I believe this is the FIRST TIME EVER, we went to Christmas Eve service CASUAL! When we went to pack on Sunday at 11:00 p.m., I just didn't have it in me to pack extra stuff for dressing up!
Old 12-26-2013, 07:08 AM   #269

now we have 2 days of work before we leave for 9 days of VACATION!!!!
Old 12-27-2013, 06:36 AM   #270

well final day of work before 10 days VACATION!