Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2013, 04:20 PM   #181
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/171.5 /148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
Michelle-didn't you win another tree last year? where did that one end up? I hate lights that don't work-drives me crazy-I thought I told you guys the kids were sick and we didn't go there-Lucas has strep and Allie has the poops-not a good time to visit--we are staying there next Friday the 13th and babysitting so they can go to Nate's Christmas party-he always gets a little too happy! so Rachel has to drive home-this from a person who rarely drinks-I think they like to get him that way because he is so quiet normally and he must really loosen up when he drinks and they enjoy it!

it is sleeting here and has been for a few hours now--not a good thing

On a positive note-I checked on Mom this afternoon-her legs are so much improved-staying off the pills and elevating and being home has really helped her-I think she will be feeling so much better in a few days-I was really worried the way she looked-I feel better and relieved.

Monica-good for you getting back to your rotations-I think we are all going to make it thru the holidays this time in good shape!

Jeanne
jbatchelor is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2013, 04:26 PM   #182
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: michelle204
WOE: LowCarbing my way
Start Date: July 9, 2007
The tree I won is in our family room in the basement it is always up and on every night of the year. It is decorated in copper colors and goes well with the surroundings. It is also a narrow(thin) tree so it fits really well in the corner and doesn't look out of place. It has warm white lights on it so again it is nice mood lighting regardless of Christmas or not. So I really do have a christmas tree up all year round. My main floor tree is all out Christmas and is put away after the holidays.
michelle204 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 04:28 PM   #183
Major LCF Poster!

Twinkle and Ben with Santa Paws. I hate to say it but the Santa wasn't very handsome. Or maybe it is my dogs are so cute, Santa pales in comparison
Attached Images
File Type: jpg xmas2013-9721 (571x800).jpg (30.3 KB, 2 views)
Old 12-05-2013, 04:31 PM   #184
Major LCF Poster!

Jeanne so happy to hear your mom is better. That's a relief.
Old 12-06-2013, 06:34 AM   #185
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/187/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle204 View Post
Well half my tree stopped lighting up this morning so I have to take it apart, buy new lights and start again. NOT happy It was perfect in my books and who knows what I'll have after this fiasco
Michelle, I have 2 prelit CHristmas trees and the same freaking thing has happened to mine this year. I would like to throw them out the WINDOW! GRRRR Right now I just have them up not completely lit! I doubt I will take them down and redo. Although DH is more annoyed with it, so maybe he will!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 06:41 AM   #186

Michelle your doggies are adorable! How cute is that picture???? LOVE IT! I would take mine to see Santa, but Pip, she would growel at him and probably try to nip at him. Jessie, she would just sit there wondering why the heck she had to come and use all her energy! So, my 2 will sit out Santa!

Jeanne - I don't think I read about the illness. That stinks. Tis the season though. I can remember several Christmas/Holiday sicknesses. DS14's 2nd CHristmas, he was just over 1, he was HORRIBLY sick. Christmas night his fever spiked at 103.2 and I told DH as we gave him advil, if this doesn't come down in an hour, we are heading to the ER. Thankfully, within the hour, it was down! Gotta love the middle of the night FEVER crap!

Plans for the weekend ladies?? I think it is back to just the 3 of us. I think I must smell...it keeps them all away!

Tonight DH and I are chaperones for the Middle School dance. After that we plan to order pizza and watch Elf with DD12. DS14's school is hosting a debate tournament. He has to work it all tonight and all day tomorrow.

Tomorrow we will attend the Middle School Pancake feed ( I won't eat, as there will be nothing safe for me) THen DH and I are judges for 2 rounds of debate at DS's school. After that I plan to finish up my christmas shopping and such and wrap. Then I am done!

Sunday we are doing Sunday School only then up to DH's family for Christmas Celebration. I think we all decided on soup and snacks. They are no calling for 1-3 inches of snow Saturday night, hoping that doesn't slow us up. Time will tell!

How is the weather in your world Jeanne???? Iced in???

Monica -Come see my journey!
Old 12-06-2013, 07:35 AM   #187
Major LCF Poster!

I love love love the santa paws picture-too cute-and they are both looking straight forward-how does that happen with both dogs! just precious! thanks for sharing -I have been looking forward to seeing that picture-glad you made it your avatar-I can continue seeing it for awhile too!

Monica-sounds like a fun weekend-I still have Christmas shopping to do-I like having it done early-those grandkids are getting harder to buy for-I finally just asked Colton what he would like--his words-" I get right on it" I am expecting a list now!

We are in the band of the worst snow--last nite we got ice-so it is under the snow now-we are supposed to get 10-12 inches of snow before it quits-they keep raising the estimates! and the temps are such that we won't be rid of it any time soon.

I think the grands will love it-no school today of course-Colton's Christmas concert was/is Sunday-I don't know if that is cancelled or not-but I am thinking maybe--I love the Christmas concert especially

I am thinking of making this a pj day-I have paperwork to do-and I am not leaving the house-I did all my running yesterday! Christmas music, pj, snow-if I only had a big fire in the fireplace!

back later
Old 12-07-2013, 06:17 AM   #188
Major LCF Poster!

Good Saturday morning friends!! we have a white tundra out there-we have about 12 inches of beautiful 8 degree snow this morning with more coming Sunday! I am thinking it is gorgeous that I am no longer a home health nurse and have to drive from home to home worrying about taking care of clients when it snows like this--we always had some that had to be seen no matter what the weather--so I had a 4 wheel drive-I still have the same vehicle! I used to worry about the weather-no more! I just sit inside and enjoy the beauty of it now!

I didn't do much yesterday but watch the snow come down-need to get busy today and get the front porch decorated for Christmas-nothing like waiting for the most frigid day of the year and when the porch is covered with snow! I will think it is just mood helping--Bill will be the Grinch-he is always the Grinch when it comes to decorating-he used to do it willing and seemed to love it--that was before we were married--then his true feelings came out--he is a humbug! now I force him and he does it but grumbles! lol!
Old 12-09-2013, 06:51 AM   #189

Jeanne - stay safe and warm girl! I love the snow too, but you all are getting HAMMERED!

Michelle - how are you???

We had a great weekend. I finished up my christmas shopping, even wrapped most of it. I watched 3 movies (Elf, Santa Clause, The Interneship) DD12 was thrilled I was willing to watch so many. Hey, I wrapped and got my goodies bags ready while watching. We even did DH's Family Christmas yesterday! Another thing checked off the list! YEAH!

168.6 Yesterday
Old 12-09-2013, 07:07 AM   #190
Major LCF Poster!

Jeanne I hope you are still enjoying the fluffy white snow and staying safe. The news reports we are getting up here say it has been horrible weather all over the US this weekend. Here we hit super cold weather. It was -43 C degrees all weekend and -39 C now. We have an extreme windchill alert which is that exposed skin will get frostbite in less then 5 min. so nobody is out without being bundled up.

Monica--- Sounds like a great productive weekend for you with some serious mom and daughter bonding too. And the weight loss is an added bonus.

No weight loss here. As a matter of fact a gain. I really don't know why but just generally I am not feeling well so maybe that's it. It seems everytime I eat I get bloating and it doesn't seem to matter what I eat. But I'm still plugging along.

Today I have decided to stay home from work (not busy anyway) and make my list on what still needs to be done for Christmas ie shopping, meals prep etc. I always feel more organized and with it when I have a list to follow. I want to make sure everything is done before they other two dogs get here and take over.

After I prep that list I am hoping to go out and just do window shopping in the beautifully decorated stores and really get a Christmas buzz. I love looking at all the decorations even if I can't afford any.

Stay safe and warm my friends.
Old 12-09-2013, 07:10 AM   #191
Major LCF Poster!

Question for you ladies. I have a 13 year old nephew and a 15 year old God son. I want to give them gift cards for Christmas but I want a little something to unwrap to go with it. Approximate value of little something $10-$15.00 do you know what to get those years of boys as just a little something to go along with a gift card?
Old 12-09-2013, 07:20 AM   #192
Major LCF Poster!

hey-I am the first one here for a Monday morning-sure was quiet here for the weekend-was everybody scooping snow like me? my poor pets just have a short run for the potty area!

Mom's birthday is today--she is 89! no big party-I gave her present to her before she went to Texas-and I really can't reach her-my brother is supposed to shovel her out before I get her for her doctor appt on Wednesday.. she can't find her boots so I will have to look for mine-and let her wear those.

I did lose the turkey day pounds-up and down-I am making no headway-I want to get solidly into the 150s now-hopefully I can before Christmas hits! I need to bake some goodies now to keep me safe-I didn't do that for Thanksgiving but I need to for Christmas for sure-Nate and his family will be here and I will have to have lots of food and treats around for them-they will be here several days. Looking forward to having the kids here.

How is everyone doing on their shopping? I am still not done-this is not my usual-I have got to get in the groove and get some things done.

later girls
Old 12-09-2013, 07:26 AM   #193
Major LCF Poster!

Look at you guys writing away while I was talking and writing myself--I got sidetracked being on the phone!

Monica--WTG with the weight loss!

Michelle--teenage boys--I don't have a clue-earbudz? Monica will have lots of ideas there I would think? Michelle-hope you feel better-I am cranking up the Christmas music and that does the trick for me--hang in there my friend-you can always come in here and chat with me! I am a list maker too--I feel better with one-nothing I hate more than going shopping without my list! what does that make us?
Old 12-09-2013, 01:23 PM   #194

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle204 View Post
Question for you ladies. I have a 13 year old nephew and a 15 year old God son. I want to give them gift cards for Christmas but I want a little something to unwrap to go with it. Approximate value of little something $10-$15.00 do you know what to get those years of boys as just a little something to go along with a gift card?
Michelle, as a Mom with a DD12 and a DS14 (heck almost 15) I would suggest a box of goodies. Heck, that is what I got DS15 for his birthday. I just wrapped it all up today:

Package of Orea (birthday cake ones)..you could get the Christmas ones
Extra Long Twizzlers
A bag of various Holiday chocolates (mine had PB cups, mini bars, kisses)
Canister of mixed nuts

Under the lid of the canister of nuts, I taped a $20. In his box of candy, I taped a $20 to the bottom and the candy is on top...plus I wrapped the oreos (with a $20 taped to it) in the box with the candy. A gift within a gift! Mine love those type of goodies. I don't often have all that CRAP at the house, so they consider it a REAL TREAT!
Old 12-09-2013, 01:25 PM   #195

DD12 loves goodie boxes with various treats. My SISTER is the QUEEN of finding the goodies she really loves! It makes it fun and who doesn't like SNACKS?
Old 12-09-2013, 01:25 PM   #196

Jeanne I hope all is well with you! Take care girl! Stay warm and safe. You too Michelle, those temps are horrific. I thought our ZERO temp from Saturday morning was BAD!
Old 12-10-2013, 06:33 AM   #197

It's Tuesday girls! I took the kids out and let them choose for DH. Got them home and then DD12 wrapped it all ! DONE! I have all the gifts at work in my safe room. We open at my Mom's so I don't mess with putting them under our tree. Really, all I have left to do is baking!

At Mom's we are doing appetizers 12/24. I think we are taking Shrimp Fried rice and then this Peanut butter Cheese ball my nephew's fiance brought on Sunday. Garnish it with teddy gram's, the kids LAPPED it up! Christmas day I think Mom is planning steaks on the grill. Less prep, less leftovers. We leave for our cruise on 12/27. Staying in KC by the airport that night, we fly to San Juan 12/28 morning. Cruise from 12/29 - 01/05 then fly back to KC on 01/06! Kids will miss 1 day of school, but it saved us $300 PER PLANE ticket waiting the extra day!
Old 12-10-2013, 07:15 AM   #198
Major LCF Poster!

Monica-that sounds like a perfect winter vacation to me--especially with all the white stuff on the ground-we got another 2 inches last nite-the schools are still closed-I am sure the grands are happy!

Are your parents and sister and her hubs going with you again? I can't wait to see the pics-is your cruise to the same place as last time or to a different place-It would not matter to me-I would still love the warm weather and scenery! I think I live through your adventures!

No much going on here-I haven't ventured out since the snow-I will have to get out tomorrow to take Mom to the doctor so we will make it big day and get everything done in one day!

Hope you are feeling better today Michelle? I love looking at your new avatar!

Later girls
Old 12-10-2013, 12:07 PM   #199

Sister is coming, her DH isn't. He has a daughter getting married in June, he thought he better save his $$$! Different ports of call this cruise, PLUS we port out of San Juan this time!

Good luck digging out Jeanne! I would be going stir crazy staying home that long!
Old 12-10-2013, 12:08 PM   #200

DITTO, Love the Avi Michelle!
Old 12-10-2013, 12:36 PM   #201
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you for the compliments on the avitar. It sure helps when the figures are cute.

Monica---Your cruise sounds fantastic. Did you book extra outings like you did last year?
How is your sister doing? Haven't heard you mention her in awhile.

Jeanne--- Has it stopped snowing? Once this is all over will it just melt and go away or will you have it for Christmas?

I just made a batch of Cranberry Walnut (I used Pecans insteaad)Cookies from this site and they are very very good. I highly recommend them for any baking you might be doing.

I ended up buying mittens for everyone and put money in each mit. I bought pink breast cancer awareness mitts for the two girls and Canadian Olympic mitts for the boys with money in each. My nephew is going to the Sochi Winter Olympics to watch the paralympic games. He has spina bifida and his doctors entered him in a contest for an all expense paid trip to Russia and he won. So him and his dad are going. They are so excited. Next year I will for sure take you up on your ideas Monica. I never thought to attach the money or hide it in the treat. That's great.

Well have to get ready. Going to give blood again. Wow every 56 days sure comes fast.
Old 12-10-2013, 12:37 PM   #202
Major LCF Poster!

Incase you want to see the cookie recipe.
Cranberry Walnut Cookies
Old 12-10-2013, 01:51 PM   #203

Michelle they will all love the mittens! good thinking how exciting for your nephew!!!
Old 12-10-2013, 07:32 PM   #204
Major LCF Poster!

those cookies are going into my list to make-thanks for letting me know about them-I have cranberries to use! I will use pecans too!

Monica-so your parents are going also? I think it is so nice you all do an extended family vacation-we did that a few years when my dad and mom were able to go to florida-we drove and I think Mom drove Bill crazy with her non-stop talking-but they were good vacations and we have some funny memories of those trips.

Tomorrow I will be gone all day-I hope the roads are decent-I am sure the highways are good-I told mom I will do her nails again-she needs her toenails trimmed tomorrow-I doubt if she will let me paint her toenails but she is ready to keep her fingernails done forever now-she loves it! I am enjoying her enjoyment!

It is freezing cold tonite-I don't think the snow will ever melt off if it doesn't warm up-we are supposed to get more snow this weekend-this is the weekend we are supposed to go to Indy and babysit so Nate and Rachel can go to his Christmas party-Bill is ready to call it off it it snows! he doesn't like to take any chances-but the weatherman is so wrong most of the time I don't want to cancel until I have to-I am sure Nate is ready for a night out too-they don't get many.

I will be back tomorrow night after the doctor appts and errands
Old 12-11-2013, 04:41 PM   #205
Major LCF Poster!

Honey I am home!!! where is everybody--it's Christmas and I am home alone! come on girls-it's lonely without you!

Well-it was a usual day with mom except she had diarrhea--too much info I know--poor thing it's always something-I can really see her failing more and more-I had to leave her in the car and pick up what she needed at Walmart even-she had 3 trips to the bathroom at dollar tree-and 3 trips at McDs--we barely made it home-she even refused her nails today-she just wasn't up for it! she has a slight kidney infection and he gave her 3 days worth of antibiotics-that seems useless to me--that just barely gets rid of anything-its just a start-I don't get why he does some things?

well-that's it for me--I have a couple of errands tomorrow for me in the afternoon and I hope Friday it will be a stay home day until we leave to go to Indy-it is supposed to snow-Bill doesn't want to go if the snow is forecast for much accumulation--who knows? I don't think we will know until it happens?

back tomorrow-stay warm--it was brutal cold out there today--tomorrow I am digging out my boots!
Old 12-12-2013, 07:33 AM   #206
Major LCF Poster!

Sorry I didn't write yesterday. I thought I had?????Where does our mind go when we get older?????

Sorry to hear of your mom Jeanne. I hope she is feeling better today. And what good is 3 days of antibiotics. They are always telling us to take them for the whole 7 days even if we feel better. I don't get it!

It will be -40 again today and til Monday. But after having it for over a week now we are use to it and going about life like usual. However you better not forget your mitts or gloves because exposed skin will freeze in 3 minutes. I'm glad I don't have to wait at a bus stop.

Really blew the low carb thing yesterday. Ate a tin of Walkers shortbread cookies and a tray of Lindt truffles. Don't really know why...just did. As you always say Jeanne starting over for the millionth time. I think it is only when you stop trying and starting is when you fail. Right?

Well it's off to work. Jeanne I will be thinking and praying for your mom today hoping she feels better and that the snow subsides so you can visit the grandbabies.
Old 12-12-2013, 07:56 AM   #207

Jeanne - can you all leave early for Indy so the snow prediction isn't an issue??? That's what my parents do! Sorry your Mom isn't feeling the best. I can tell you, my tummy issue is STILL HERE! Not sure, I feel fine most of the time....till I have to go, then GET OUT OF MY WAY, I need to get there quick! TMI, I KNOW!

Michelle - dust off those crumbs and move on. Tuesday I totally BLEW my DD! It is the season! I think if I maintain through December, I WILL CALL IT GOOD!

Plans for Christmas ladies???
Old 12-12-2013, 08:05 AM   #208
Major LCF Poster!

so glad to see you here Michelle-sure do miss my buds when they are gone--you need to do some baking girlfriend-that is when I fall off my wagon so to speak-get back on and quit that falling--you have been so good-those Christmas goodies are hard to pass up--I remember those Walker shortbread cookies-you can't do just one--but throw those things in the freezer for the hubs to eat-I make Bill take certain things to the barn to eat and keep in the frig down there just for him-some things are too dangerous for me to have around! and it is getting closer and closer to the holidays and more goodies are coming out of the woodwork! you can do it--get back on that wagon! you are worth it! I will be baking maybe tonite and tomorrow before our trip to Indy--I hope the weather stays good-it doesn't look good-a wintry mix is forecast-Bill will have a fit!

Here is a way to stay out of the Lindt truffles--it works for me anyway--it has for years-this may gross you out but just bypass this paragraph-Mom got Lindt truffles a couple of years ago as a Christmas gift-she enjoyed a couple of them but then bit into another one and took the half piece out of her mouth to talk or something and noticed it was full of maggots... she about died.. nobody has had a truffle since-I can't ever have another I don't think-I made sure she was correct and checked them--she was right. ewwwww--No truffles for me-No matter who makes them--I just can't look a truffle in the eye ever-I wished I felt like that about all sweets!
Old 12-12-2013, 08:12 AM   #209
Major LCF Poster!

Monica-I really don't want to drive up there in bad weather forecasted by myself--Bill will get off at 4 and I am hoping we can do it then? I really am hoping his boss cancels the party for Friday nite with the weather forecast-but I bet he doesn't. that would take care of the issue totally.

I think maintaining in the whole Holiday is a definite victory-you are doing great losing Monica--I think having one DD off is not a bad thing either--getting back on your rotation seems to be so easy for you--is T still doing JUDDD-I haven't heard you mention him still doing it or is he now maintaining? he looks so good in his pictures.

well-I need to get busy-I had my sisters fix! My hearts is full! later--now I wait for Anna to show up--hope she is doing ok
Old 12-12-2013, 11:41 AM   #210

T is just maintain now. He does 2 DD's a week. Tu/Th then the other days I think he just tries to keep it at a decent level!

I hope the weather holds out for you all! Anyway Bill can get off early?