Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2013, 04:21 PM   #151
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: michelle204
WOE: LowCarbing my way
Start Date: July 9, 2007
Hello all. It's finally Friday. Yeah! Tomorrow is weigh in and I'm hopeful but if this makes any sense I don't feel any lighter. So maybe it will be a stay the same week. We'll see. My new baby Twinkle is settling in great, training is going well. She is getting spayed on Tuesday and hopefully pics with her and Ben with Santa Paws tomorrow. Nothing else new here. It's bacon and eggs for dinner tonight. Breakfast for dinner is always good!
michelle204 is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-22-2013, 07:13 PM   #152
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/172 /148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
Michelle-staying the same is always a win--of course we don't think so at the time but it really is! glad to hear Twinkle is doing well! I knew she would be great with a loving family like yours! anxious to see the pics with Santa! wish they did that around here!

Waiting for Nate to arrive-he is hunting in the morning--always a late arrival for him-hate him traveling so late -I worry -guess it's normal-I worry when they are in the woods too-just part of being a mom-it is becoming bitterly cold here with the dropping temps and the wind-I would not be looking forward to getting out in the morning and sitting in a tree!

Mom leaves for Texas tomorrow-she is so excited-she has been packing and packing-I have taken every piece of luggage I own in there and she has finally decided what she needs-way too much-but she doesn't want to do laundry-I did her nails yesterday-I can't remember her ever having her nails done-ever-I tried when the boys were both married to get her to have a manicure and pedi-she just wasn't interested-but she was actually thrilled to have her nails done-at first she wanted just pale pale pink-I couldn't do that and picked out a beautiful color and it was thrilling just to see how happy it made her.. we are planning a new color often now!

have a great weekend ladies

Jeanne
jbatchelor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 07:05 AM   #153
Major LCF Poster!

Down 1.2 lbs yeepee! Slowly but surely. Like you said Jeanne even not gaining is good.

Well i have a few things to do before taking the furbabies to see Santa Paws. So I will check in later. It is -34* today. That is flippin cold. BRRRRRR!
Old 11-25-2013, 04:54 AM   #154
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: saltnpepper
Stats: 125/107/105 5'
Start Date: long ago restart 06/11
Good Morning All

Michelle WTG!! I am so proud of you.

How did the fur babies do with Santa Paws? Pictures??

Jeanne hope you had a nice weekend with your son. Did he get a deer? Do you all freeze them? I have not eaten deer meat in years.

Where is your mom going in Texas? It is cold here and I am in the deep southern part. Hope she packed her warm clothes.

I snacked all weekend like a nervous Nellie, so I'm up 1.5 Hopefully that will be enough to make me straighten up - again. Sometimes I just get tired thinking about what to eat. I found myself remembering to when life was easier and we ate grilled cheese for lunch.....just dreaming I know.

Anyone know what they are cooking for Thanksgiving? One group of my kids are coming Wed night. We do something different than turkey with them, as they all go to the in-laws for Thanksgiving. So this year I'm keeping it simple. Tacos.
Then another son will be home from college on Thanksgiving day and he is bring a friend. So I will cook turkey, dressing, backed sweet potatoes, green beans, cranberry relish (LC) deviled eggs and crustless pumpkin pie. (I am buying cheese cake for the non LC)

Monica stay warm, sounds like fun.

chigirlhere check in when you can, you too MichelleHu

Later
Anna
saltnpepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 06:15 AM   #155
Major LCF Poster!

Anna-good to see you my friend-are you still working? I hope not! relax and enjoy being at home now! I am cooking a ham-I usually do because my son cooks a turkey for Christmas-and a ham is easier for me! I am hoping to do faux potatoes for me and green beans for me-I need to try a new recipe-there will be a pea salad for all-they all request that but it will be for me! and creamed corn from the garden-another request with regular mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, cranberry relish, cheesecake factory cheekscake, apple crumb cobbler, and I will bake something for me-I have too! this week will be a crunch week-lots of cleaning and cooking-this weekend I enjoyed my son-he didn't get a deer-they didn't hunt Sunday-too bitter cold-they froze their beezeejeesee off on Saturday in those trees and just couldn't get up in the single digits at 4am on Sunday to go! Nate came in on Friday nite at 10am and we stayed up talking to 1:30 talking so he didn't get much sleep to get up at 4:00 to go hunting--but it was great to just catch up and have private time alone with him-we don't get that often anymore! I think we could have talked all nite!

Michelle--congrats on the weight loss girl! you are doing great-I can't wait to see the Santa Paws pics of Twinkle and Ben! your temps up there are cold-stay warm--brrr!

Monica--have fun on your trip!

Well-I finally made in back into the 150s-it was a hard earned battle-I hope this gives me the incentive to not go off the woe during the holiday and succumb to the goodies-the holidays really scare me-this is where I added 15lbs I think last year-not a good time for me-I am still working on getting those pounds off and it truly has been a battle-I have got to remember that before I put one bite of the wrong thing in my mouth. I forgot to update my weight last week-I lost a pound then--two pounds this week!

Hello to Chigirl and MichelleHu! hang in there girls

Last edited by jbatchelor; 11-25-2013 at 06:19 AM..
Old 11-25-2013, 06:46 AM   #156
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/187/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Anna - sounds like you have a great plan! ENJOY GIRL!

Michelle - way to go!

Jeanne - way to go! You are doing great. you are all doing great! I am so happy for your Mom! Nails done and everything! She deserves this trip.

Me, I am up 172 today, such is. I am not feeling the best, have a little cold....hoping today is the worst of it. Long work day ahead of me 12+ hours. Tomorrow hoping to leave work by 2:00.

I should be able to check in while I'm gone, if not, HAPPY THANKSGIVING ALL!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 06:09 AM   #157
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: chigirlhere
Stats: 246/202.8/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: August 11, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle204 View Post
Down 1.2 lbs yeepee! Slowly but surely. Like you said Jeanne even not gaining is good.

Well i have a few things to do before taking the furbabies to see Santa Paws. So I will check in later. It is -34* today. That is flippin cold. BRRRRRR!

congrats on the loss!! WTG!
chigirlhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 06:15 AM   #158
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: chigirlhere
Stats: 246/202.8/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: August 11, 2013
Good Morning everyone! I have finally made it into single digits!! Today 206.5! I am a half a pound from making 40 lbs lost.

I am having a small problem. Lately, I am finding myself keeping on my diet but getting mad when those around me want me to eat things outside of my diet. With my birthday on Thursday, a girl at my work made a key lime pie and wants me to eat a piece. I know one piece won't kill my diet, but I am so worried that I will keep cheating and gain again. I think it's because of all that has happen in the past. I said I would give myself a break on Thursday but I'm not sure I will even do that. Anyone else deal with this. It's making me crabby.

Hope everyone has a great day!
chigirlhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 07:54 AM   #159
Major LCF Poster!

Chigirl-I understand that frustration-I have a mother that has always encouraged me to eat-always-even tho I have been heavy all my life and fought medical issues-even now she tries to get me to eat knowing that I have pre-diabetes! It infuriates me but I know she has this need to be smaller than anyone else-she always has-and I deal with her inferiority problems and go on--I find it easier to say to people now that I can't have certain things due to the diabetes rather than being on a diet-they seem to get that better? sometimes I think saying you are on a diet makes people try to purposely see if they can get you to cheat or fall off your plan? but if you are doing it because you are diabetic they kind of understand it is a health issue? go figure? crazy I know--so tell them you are pre-diabetic--we all are really--that is the truth-and maybe they will be a little more understanding and bring some low carb/diabetic things in for you? that would be the real birthday present for you--there are certainly enough out there available! enlighten your coworkers and even their health might improve-we all need less carbs and sugar!
Old 11-26-2013, 10:43 AM   #160
Major LCF Poster!

Chigirl I completely agree with Jeanne. It's easier to say you have pre diabetes or an allergy to something then to say you are on a diet. I believe so many out here are testing our resolve to get healthy. I agree with you to that the one piece of desert won't kill you but it will probably bring on cravings and who needs that demon to deal with. Especially since you are doing so well. Onederland is so close and that will be a huge milestone you don't want to miss. So keep doing what your doing and don't worry about the others.

Well my baby Twinkle is getting spayed today. My poor baby will be so sore tonight and I will probably cry a little, but it will be over. She has had her hair cut, she has been to see Santa Paws and now this today. So starting tomorrow it will only be good times ahead and I can't wait. Her potty training was going so so but with the surgery today I don't now if we will be taking a step back but we will just try again right?

Is everyone looking forward to their T.Giving celebrations?
Old 11-26-2013, 10:57 AM   #161
Major LCF Poster!

poor Twinkle--she will bounce right back-they really don't make much of an incision any more and I bet nothing will keep her down long? glad she has you taking good care of her now to keep her health care going the right way--everything is looking up from here on out for her!

I just pulled a carrot cake out of the oven-I will put cream cheese icing on it-that will be my dessert for the holiday! I sure hope it turned out-I should have tried it before now-I will eat it anyway-it smells good! as long as I have something sweet-I hope it keeps me from the yeast rolls and the regular cheesecake!

I wish there was another week to prepare! later--have a great one everybody--Monica-will be thinking about you snowbunny!
Old 11-27-2013, 03:37 PM   #162
Major LCF Poster!

I want to wish all my American challenge buddies a great Thanksgiving tomorrow. Have a great time with your families and eat lots of turkey and enjoy one another.
Jeanne your desserts sound wonderful, have a slice for me please.

Twinkle is recovering from her spay yesterday. She slept today away hopefully tomorrow she is feeling better. It snowed like crazy today. Beautiful but a lot of work. Oh well I won't complain. When so many are dealing with deadly storms I'll gladly take this fluffy cold stuff.

Well I look forward to you all coming back after your festivities and telling me all about it. Have fun everyone.
Old 12-01-2013, 07:54 AM   #163
Major LCF Poster!

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving day weekend and enjoyed all the friends and family and food. Now it's on to Christmas!

No weight loss for me this week. Just one of those things I guess. I'll try a little harder this week as I know there are some cheats coming as Christmas gets closer. I can't refuse a chocolate if it is passed in front of me.LOL.

Twinkle is doing better at house training but has terrible anxiety when we leave her. She is quite a handful for 6 lbs. Hopefully I get her Santa paws pics soon so I can show them to you.

Well busy day with errands. Can't wait to here about your weekend girls.

Bye for now.
Old 12-01-2013, 01:04 PM   #164
Major LCF Poster!

wow it has been a long time since I was here it seems-I hate to see the scale tomorrow morning-I stuck to low carb except for one yeast roll--but I have been eating so much more with all the food in the house--I usually don't eat so often or so much without having all the need to consume the leftovers! so look out the weigh in! plus I have even had carrot cake three times in one day some days--not a good thing!! lol!

Michelle-glad to hear Twinkle is doing ok-you would think having Ben home would help her anxiety? do you leave a radio on when you leave? or a tv? maybe those things would help?

Christmas is right around the corner girls-I did get a little decorations done this weekend-not much-I am planning to get some done tomorrow and then Tuesday I head to Indy to pick up mom-she is ready to come home but has had a wonderful time-it has gone really fast for me in some ways-I tried to get a lot done but didn't get near enough done that I wanted! I have a Dr appt tomorrow too-so that always interrupts my working!

one holiday down and Christmas and New Years to go girls--we are not gaining 10-15 pounds like I did last year! no we are not! let's keep at it and stick with our goals! we will be so happy come January that we made it --there are substitutions that we can make...
Old 12-02-2013, 05:27 AM   #165
Major LCF Poster!

well-I weighed in at 162--back into the 60s for me again! I am not surprised at all-I did check my keto-sticks-they are still med purple-just goes to show you can gain weight and still be in ketosis! I will be back into my regular schedule today I hope? this month will not be a good one for me though-too many days away from home and not being able to stick to my own food-I will do the best I can!

need to get started -later girls
Old 12-03-2013, 05:49 AM   #166
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning girls-I wonder where everyone has gone? thanksgiving take a toll?

It is so foggy here I can't see across the pond-I am so thankful I have a couple of hours before I need to leave-It better clear before I drive 2 1/2 hours to Indy-hate driving when I can't see-I will probably leave early now!

any deals on cyber Monday? I ordered some flavorings from LorAnn oils-emulsions I think they called them--love the cooking stuff you know-I am a kitchen gadget lover-I am always sucked in with the kitchen stuff

still here and still on plan-I am feeling fat!

Last edited by jbatchelor; 12-03-2013 at 05:52 AM..
Old 12-03-2013, 06:23 AM   #167

Good morning all! So sorry I have been MIA. Things are still crazy at work and home for me. Had a great Thanksgiving. WE had a fabulous time in CO! The cabin we rented was amazing. Truly on the edge of the mountain. Best view ever. We could see Keystone ski trails, lake Dillon and all of Silverthorne! LOVED IT! I ate all week. No down day at all since Sunday the 24th! OH MY! Today is a Down Day for me! I haven't weighed yet. Truly afraid to. OH WELL! We ate, We drank, we had a great time!

The girls all loved Black Friday shopping. We had a 8 year old, 10 year old, 12 year old, 17 year old and 3 OLD LADIES ! Those crazy girls had us out there form 8:00 a.m. till 5:00 p.m. MAN was I tired! LOL

Hope you all are doing well. I have missed you.

Michelle how is Twinkle now?

Jeanne - how was that BABY? I am sure not so small anymore, right???

Miss you all!

Monica -Come see my journey!
Old 12-03-2013, 02:06 PM   #168
Major LCF Poster!

Jeanne and Monica... so glad you made it back. It was very lonely here without you.

Monica--- I'm glad you enjoyed your trip. It sounds beautiful. I'm sorry things are still so hectic for you. And I'm sure with Christmas just 3 weeks away that will not help things. I know you will be just fine though. You are so on top of everything all the time. How's the down day going?

Jeanne---As long as the family visit went well and you enjoyed your holiday the diet will always be there tomorrow to hop back on. You are very determined this time as I seem to be. There will be NO 15 lb gain this year for us!

Twinkle is better now. She is one crazy barker though and no matter what we try she just barks at people uncontrollably. The potty training is going pretty good though. My two foster babies , Daisy and Dayders are coming back to be baby sat over the holidays. We will have them from the 18th to the 2nd of January. That's right 4 dogs over the holidays. I must be crazy. Well I least I won't feel lonely!

As for food wise. I have been very good but eating more than usual. All good choices but still very large portions. I think I'm feeling the winter blues and want to put on a few to keep warm, but I refuse to let that happen.

Jeanne did the fog lift?
Old 12-03-2013, 07:04 PM   #169
Major LCF Poster!

the fog didn't lift-it was all the way to Indy and back-and it is still here-I just had a few bad areas where I couldn't see thankfully-there must have been a very bad wreck right behind us-we met lots of state police and ambulances--scary knowing we just missed something...glad to make it home safely.

Mom had a great time-we will be calling the doctor in the morning--she has a bad case of cellulitis on her lower legs-I think it is from the new medicine causing edema-It has helped her feet pain but at what a cost-I told her to cut back on them when she was down in Texas and she didn't--grrr-now tonite she is finally listening to me and not taking them when I tell her to not take them tonite or in the morning--I think there will be a way to cut them back after we get her over the cellulitis--this issue has to come first!

Michelle-4 dogs will seem like a zoo--it will be crazy!! but a good crazy I hope! you are so sweet to help out! Ben is a good foster brother too!

I hear you about eating more-I gained 3 pounds with eating on plan except for one yeast roll--just a whole lot more than I ever eat normally--I feel better eating less--no breakfast is my normal-I have always heard it is better to eat breakfast but I can't seem to get into it early in the morning.

time for some tv and down time!
Old 12-04-2013, 06:48 AM   #170

Quote:
She is one crazy barker though and no matter what we try she just barks at people uncontrollably
You may not agree, but we got a Bark Collar for Pip. It does levels of stimulation to the throat when she barks. Not really a jolt, just more a pinch. It has completely changed her. She only had to wear it for a couple weeks. No she simply doesn't bark uncontrollably. Now, if she gets startled, she will bark, but she will stop quickly when told as well. I bought it on Amazon if you are interested. You may not be, everyone has different opinions on these collars. I can tell you, FOR US, it was a HUGE SUCCESS!
Old 12-04-2013, 06:49 AM   #171

Jeanne - did you get to see the BABY??? Was Mom's trip awesome, besides the Edema??? I bet she is totally wiped out, isn't she???
Old 12-04-2013, 06:50 AM   #172

It's HUMP DAAAAY!!!

I finally weighed. I have had a tummy bug thing since before THanksgiving. No pain really, just bathroom issues. I think it helped me out! 168.6 today. Hoping to lose another 3 before Christmas.....HOPING!!!!
Old 12-04-2013, 11:23 AM   #173
Major LCF Poster!

I know there is a lot of controversy over bark collars but I am not opposed to looking into it. We will give her some more time to get to know her name and us for that matter . But if we see no improvement we may consider that. Pip is a small dog too right? What collar did you get her?

Jeanne--- I'm glad your mom had a good time despite her cellulitis. How did she enjoy flying? You said it was her first time right? I would have been petrified if I was driving in the fog and saw all those emergency vehicles. You are quite brave.
Old 12-04-2013, 12:02 PM   #174

DT Systems 2090 Ultra Min-e No Bark Trainer - it was the only one I could find small enough for a 4.5 pound dog. It works great and has 8 levels, so you can set it really low to start out with.
Old 12-05-2013, 06:36 AM   #175
Major LCF Poster!

good morning girls-the big thing this morning is we are under a winter storm warning--3 inches of ice are headed our way-followed by 6-8 inches of snow! supposed to start tonite for southern Indiana- oh joy-the ice is what I don't want-the power lines will come down and bring the area to a halt! thankfully we have a generator-we ordered a 100 gallon of diesel yesterday and Chris ordered wood for his fireplace-hopefully we are getting prepared-I told Mom to pack a bag-she may be here with us for the weekend-I hope the forecast is wrong-they usually do get it wrong-hopefully they are this time.

We used to have the collars for yard containment-they work with some dogs-Not with a boxer we used to have-he ran thru it and ended up getting killed on the highway-I believe in using them though for safety sake-we had a fence installed in our back yard after that-we know it is safer now for our dogs-our last Airedale and Dolly too tend to stay on our property without getting into the road-thankfully we haven't had to use anything-I guess the stuff is still buried but not sure it would still work? if I had a bad barker I would use a collar for correction-I think a well-behaved pet is essential-Dolly barks to alert us someone is here which is a good thing for me with my hearing-but doesn't bark other than that. Hopefully it stays that way?

well-I need to run some errands today-so I better get started before the big storm-and need to cook something too-haven't a clue what yet so later girls-

Where is everyone??
Old 12-05-2013, 06:58 AM   #176

Jeanne - OH MY GIRL !!! Hopefully they are wrong. They were predicting that here, but we got nothing and our snow was a dusting! Here's hoping the Weather people are WRONG! They are so often about the good stuff! Jeanne - YOU never told me, how is that BABY?? I am dying to know. Do you have new pictures??? STAY SAFE GIRL!

I can tell you, the bark collar has done WONDERS for PIP! Now she doesn't have to wear it anymore. Now, if someone comes to the door, she BARKS, but that is good. Then we all know. The good thing is now, when like DH comes home, she doesn't. She runs to the stairs that lead in from the garage and she watches to see who it is. As long as it is DH, DS14 or DD12, she doesn't bark. If they have someone new, she barks. Now when we take her outside, unless the HUGE dog next door is out, she doesn't bark. The dog next door will run the fence line with her, they both bark when that happens.
Old 12-05-2013, 07:00 AM   #177

This has truly saved us! Dennis HATES HATES HATES a barking dog! I mean HATES it! HE was losing his MIND with the barking. I knew I needed to do something. He wasn't really FOR us getting a 2nd dog. Now that Pip doesn't bark NON STOP when outside or inside, Dennis has really warmed up to her. I am very grateful!!!
Old 12-05-2013, 07:01 AM   #178

OK, it's FRIDAY - EVE! I am so thankful! THe week after a holiday week is so hard and LONG!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-05-2013, 07:03 AM   #179

Food has been good this week. Got back into my set rotations! MWF Up days, TTH Down days, then 1 of the weekend days a DD, my choice. This week it will be Saturday as the DD, Sunday we are celebrating Christmas with DH's family.
Old 12-05-2013, 08:14 AM   #180
Major LCF Poster!

Monica---Thank you for the collare advice. I have put it in my Amazon cart. If she doesn't smarten up soon I will gladly bring it in. If it does have to come down to that I sure hope it works on her as well as it worked on Pip. This barking is insane. Glad to hear you are back on schedule. With Christmas so close we can't really slack off right now.

Jeanne---- I agree with Monica! What about the baby??????
Those weathermen are wrong more times then they are right. But incase they get it right this time..stay safe and at home.

Well half my tree stopped lighting up this morning so I have to take it apart, buy new lights and start again. NOT happy It was perfect in my books and who knows what I'll have after this fiasco