Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2013, 05:31 AM   #121
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: chigirlhere
Stats: 246/202.8/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: August 11, 2013
Good Morning!!

Sorry been away so long...working two jobs to help with the holidays and girl scout activities are at a high right now...

Scale has not been my friend Have kept my carbs low and still can't lose.

I was down to 210.3 a few days ago and today 211. I did have a few spoonfuls of peanut butter the other day....maybe? I am keeping myself to 3 meals a day and once in a while a snack like cheese slices. Found chunks of cheese in the shape of Mickey Mouse (i'm obsessed) so I think i'm ok.

I went dress shopping for a wedding in December. It was nice I tried on size 12 and they all fit. a few were a little big My Birthday is on Thanksgiving and would love to be in single digits by then....Oh I hope!

I hope everyone is doing great! Have a great day and I hope to be back soon
chigirlhere is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2013, 05:34 AM   #122
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Chigirl- the SCALE is a LIAR and a CHEAT! Keep that in mind! Oh a Thanksgiving birthday...how fun??? Do you have to host??

It's my FRIDAY today. I LOVE THAT. I plan to sleep past 6:00 a.m. tomorrow. I can't wait! Tonight is DD12's band concert, my parents are coming for it and spending the night. DH and I will then hang with my parents tomorrow....the kids have school!
zipp2play is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 05:48 AM   #123

So, I decided I wanted something different with our chicken last night.....I dug through my recipes and made Linda Sue's Just like Stuff Potato! I only used 1/2 the Cream cheese to reduce the calories a bit, and it was AWESOME! I plan to make some more of her stuff again. It has been ages since I looked at all the recipes I used to love of hers!
Old 11-14-2013, 06:56 AM   #124
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: michelle204
Stats: 262/187/190/170
WOE: LowCarbing my way
Start Date: July 9, 2007
Michelle---I meant to say you look ten years younger for sure. Sorry about that!
michelle204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 08:54 AM   #125
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MichelleHu
Stats: 260/191.6/135
WOE: LC/Wheat Gluten Free
Start Date: 5/29/13
Michelle yeah I caught that, lol. Feelin' good staying on plan, no cravings. Off to get water...
MichelleHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 04:46 PM   #126
Major LCF Poster!

Wow quiet in here today. That's usually not a good sign. It usually means we are off being bad. Well we'll see.

I put up my Christmas tree today, did laundry,and ran some errands. I am trying to keep myself busy after last weekends cheat. I don't want to slip again and if I keep busy I stand a better chance. Tomorrow is weigh in so we will see what last weekends bake sale cost me on the scale.

Have a great Friday night all.
Old 11-15-2013, 05:46 PM   #127
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Nope, still here and no being bad. Well....today is reward day I've been busy eating

Love that you got the tree up! Crossing my fingers for you for tomorrow's weigh in!
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 06:36 PM   #128
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/174.5 /148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
Busy here too-way too busy-being good tho-busy weekend planned-will check in when I can! good luck with the weigh in Michelle-you will be fine--wtg on the tree!
jbatchelor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 05:50 AM   #129
Major LCF Poster!

Well last weekend bake sale binge added 1.4 lbs to the scale this week. My own fault. No one to blame but the person in the mirror. At least I have my tree
Old 11-16-2013, 06:10 AM   #130
Senior LCF Member

Still here doing well am on plan, definitely do better when I am rewarded on the scale. That instant feedback ya know. Down another lb. Should be fine today. Making spaghetti for the family, the noodles dont interest me at all, the sauce to tell the truth doesnt even sound good. Maybe its just to early to think about food. Everyone stay on plan this weekend, thats an order!
Old 11-16-2013, 07:04 AM   #131
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle204 View Post
Well last weekend bake sale binge added 1.4 lbs to the scale this week. My own fault. No one to blame but the person in the mirror. At least I have my tree
All-in-all, not too bad! It could always be worse, right? It will be gone before yanno it, and yes, you've got that beautiful tree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleHu View Post
Still here doing well am on plan, definitely do better when I am rewarded on the scale. That instant feedback ya know. Down another lb. Should be fine today. Making spaghetti for the family, the noodles dont interest me at all, the sauce to tell the truth doesnt even sound good. Maybe its just to early to think about food. Everyone stay on plan this weekend, thats an order!
It's always better when the scale gives us that feedback! I know for me today, I'm up a pound (expected it, but still!) and now I feel sorta meh about the day.. Definitely staying on plan, no giving up!
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 04:48 PM   #132
Major LCF Poster!

OMG OMG OMG

I have a new dog. OMG We adopted her from the local pound which is a kill shelter but nobody would have left this little girl there anyway. She is a yorkshire terrier cross and she is so pretty. I will take pictures when I get the camera from work. She is my Christmas present from my DH. I just mentioned to him yesterday that I saw her picture and would love her with a big red bow under my tree and now I have her. I am so excited. I hope everything works out with her and our family. Fingers crossed. We have been home for a few hours now and she won't even notice Ben and all he wants to do is play. But will see in a few days. She is a bit smaller then him. She was a stray so the pound gave her the name Twinkle. We like that name but are not positive yet we will keep it. Well I have to go play now. See you guys tomorrow.

I need to finish this journey once and for all!
I know somewhere inside of me I have the strength and commitment...I just need to find it.

Michelle
Old 11-16-2013, 05:43 PM   #133
Major LCF Poster!

what a wonderful Christmas present--the twinkle name sorta goes with the present doesn't it? I am sure Ben will get to play with his sister when she gets a little more used to her surroundings--can't wait to see the pictures! so glad to see another puppy saved too.
Old 11-17-2013, 08:18 AM   #134
Major LCF Poster!

Here are the pictures the pound posted of Twinkle. I just wanted you guys to see her. She unfortunately is not house trained and yet she is approx. 3 years old so I'm not sure why no one would not have trained her for that, but let's hope it's not too hard to teach her now. She still doesn't recognize Ben's presence so I'm crossing my fingers that that changes, Other then that all is good.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg twinkle.jpg (61.4 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg twinkle1.jpg (48.4 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg twinkle2.jpg (60.3 KB, 1 views)
Old 11-17-2013, 08:58 AM   #135
Major LCF Poster!

She is just precious Michelle--and I am sure she will be house trained in no time with Ben around-it just seems easier when another dog is there to let them see how it is done! I love her little face! so very cute! what a sweet gift to you! gotta love that man! and I do love that name! she has a twinkle in her eye doesn't she? so happy she has her forever home!

I am cleaning my old office-it has become a junk hole for any and all junk that I didn't want to deal with-Bill is down in the barn lowering my cabinets in my canning kitchen-he put them up at the top of the ceiling-he could reach them-he is 6'4 but I would need a step stool-so they are coming down a few inches! where they should be! thanks honey! He still needs to add faucets to my sink and hook up the stove-so we are getting closer each weekend! back to cleaning!

Jeanne
Old 11-17-2013, 12:40 PM   #136
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: saltnpepper
Stats: 125/106/105 5'
Start Date: long ago restart 06/11
WOW Michelle!! She is beautiful!! I love her name. My first car was Twinkie. Yes I'm one of those, I name all cars and dogs/cats etc.....

Anyway Hi to everyone.

Jeanne I sent you a PM, but I don't know if I did it right. I can't find it???? Let me know.

No time, but I think of you all daily. Hope your being better than me with your eating.

Hugs to all

Listening to Christmas Music

Anna
saltnpepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 02:28 PM   #137

Michelle - I LOVE Twinkle!!! She is adorable !!!
Old 11-18-2013, 02:29 PM   #138
Major LCF Poster!

Hello all. How is everyone? I am doing well with my new doggy. I am not likeing potty training but that comes with the package.

Jeanne--Talk about great husbands.... Yours seems like quite the awesome guy too. Doing all that work for the canning kitchen is fantastic.

We have our first snow of the year now. It came Saturday night. It is beautiful, but I could do without it. It will be here now til April and that is just too long. It is also more difficult to potty train the dog when you have to put your boots and coat on to go out every time. Oh well.

So are you guys getting ready for Thanksgiving? Do you just have Thursday off or do you get an extra long 4 day weekend? Do you guys partake in that Black Friday business? I hear there are good deals to be had but the crowds are crazy.

Later all.
Old 11-19-2013, 08:26 AM   #139
Senior LCF Member

Hey guys. Still hanging in there, but the weight is just not budging this month. Better than going the other way. Really busy but will check in on ya all when I get a chance keep up the fight!
Old 11-19-2013, 09:42 AM   #140

Quote:
We have our first snow of the year now. It came Saturday night. It is beautiful, but I could do without it. It will be here now til April and that is just too long. It is also more difficult to potty train the dog when you have to put your boots and coat on to go out every time. Oh well.

So are you guys getting ready for Thanksgiving? Do you just have Thursday off or do you get an extra long 4 day weekend? Do you guys partake in that Black Friday business? I hear there are good deals to be had but the crowds are crazy.

Later all.
Do you train via crate training?? That makes is pretty darn easy!

I have off Wed/Thu/Fri and 1/2 day on Tuesday. DH only works Monday next week. We are heading to CO to spend the entire weekend with friends. 3 families total are going. We have a huge cabin rented and plan to hang, play in the snow, eat/drink/merry. You know the drill. The girls all plan to black Friday shop. But there, it is very low key and we won't leave the house till 8:00 or so!
Old 11-19-2013, 09:42 AM   #141

michellehu!
Old 11-20-2013, 01:25 AM   #142
Major LCF Poster!

Hello friends-I have been without internet due to the tornado-we had a F2 in our little town-the governor has even been her to survey the damage! we made the national news! but it was small compared to Washington Ill! We have had tornados before but this one was the worst for our town I think-we are thankful we had no damage at all. Bill's nephew is still without power and has our generator to keep his freezer going.

Monica-your trip sounds like such fun-I can't wait to hear all the details-and see the pics

Michelle-how is Twinkle getting along with Ben? they will be buddies before long I bet.

MichelleHu-keep hanging in there-those inches are melting-your body will catch up in pounds soon!

Annie--I have been listening to Christmas music too--the louder the better!

I haven't started shopping for Christmas-it is time to think about it seriously--I don't do black Friday-I did one time with Bill-and we were crazy standing outside in the cold at Lowes one morning-I don't think we got that great of deals either? I will have to see something super cheap to do that again-of course if I was in a cabin with other friends--I wouldn't hesitate to go!!!

Last edited by jbatchelor; 11-20-2013 at 01:30 AM..
Old 11-20-2013, 05:53 AM   #143
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Here are the pictures the pound posted of Twinkle. I just wanted you guys to see her. She unfortunately is not house trained and yet she is approx. 3 years old so I'm not sure why no one would not have trained her for that, but let's hope it's not too hard to teach her now. She still doesn't recognize Ben's presence so I'm crossing my fingers that that changes, Other then that all is good.
your new puppy is so cute!! Congrats!
Old 11-20-2013, 05:56 AM   #144
Junior LCF Member

Crazy busy at the moment...still not moving on weight. I got down to 210 and the next day back at 212. IDK!! I am not eating carbs! I wonder if it is stress?

today 210.7. Birthday is next week and all I want is to be in single digits...

Have a great day!!
Old 11-20-2013, 12:15 PM   #145

Jeanne - so glad you are OK! OMG How scary! In November too! CRAZY CRAZY Weather indeed! Was everyone ok in your town? Honestly, that is truly all that matters. The rest is just STUFF!

Hope everyone is doing well! I am SLAMMED at work and home is as bad! Still hanging in there.... 169.4 today
Old 11-20-2013, 12:55 PM   #146
Major LCF Poster!

Hang in there Chigirl-you are close-you will make it by your birthday

Monica-we had no injuries in town-it was during the day on Sunday afternoon-very thankful after seeing the damage. you are doing great Monica with your weight! you hang in there too--you have just a couple of days before the big vacation and then you can relax and and enjoy! it will be a great time for all of you!
Old 11-20-2013, 02:47 PM   #147
Major LCF Poster!

Jeanne I am so glad that you and yours are ok. I have never been involved in a tornado but it sure looks really scary. Wow ! You are so brave.
I am listening to my Christmas music loudly too. I just picked up the Il Divo CD and it is wonderful.

Monica---Take care of yourself through these busy times and then kick back and relax on your trip. I'm sure you can't wait.

Chigirl.... Thank you for saying Twinkle is cute. I sure think she is. She is blended in just fine now. She doesn't seem to play though with Ben or us. She just likes to hang around comfy furniture and sleep. She seems happy though. Maybe she just doesn't know how to play. Don't worry that scale will go down. I feel a big whoosh coming your way.

Same to you MichelleHu. That whoosh fairy will sprinkle fairy dust while your sleeping and boom the scale will drop.

Time to make dinner now. B/S Chicken breast fried in butter with a spinach salad on the side. DH will be having deep fried b/s chicken breast with waffle cut fries all smothered in country gravy. I will gain weight watching him and he'll probably drop a lb or 2.
Old 11-20-2013, 04:36 PM   #148
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle-We watched from the front porch-I call that crazy! we should have gone to the basement! Bill said there was a roaring sound-I of course don't hear well-so things never sound right to me-this one was too close but we weren't close either-we live out at the edge of town and it went from the west edge of town into the center of town-if it stayed at the edge of town and went straight across it would have been directly at our house.

Dogs are so different aren't they? our Airedale didn't play with toys and was very laid back like that--Dolly has toys everywhere-she is playing constantly-totally different--maybe Ben will get her to play eventually? your DH is like mine-able to eat constantly and never gain an ounce-so unfair-especially since we have to cook and watch them eat it all too!
Old 11-21-2013, 02:57 AM   #149
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: saltnpepper
Stats: 125/106/105 5'
Start Date: long ago restart 06/11
Jeanne so happy you and your family are ok. That is very scary - Nov - not the regular time for tornados?? And watching from the porch!! Were you scared?
I use to live in Tornado Alley, I was always afraid when the sirens would go off.
My dh just does not get it.....we sometimes have warnings here. But nothing like what you had.

Michelle how is the little girl? Are you going to change her name? How is house training going?

The workers are here replacing my bathroom this week. What a mess I have, oh well. I gave notice at my job. I just can't do it all. They are looking for someone. I told them I would stay and answer the phones, and lite data entry until they find someone else. (That was what I was hired to do )

Monica have a wonderful Thanksgiving! Sounds like fun.

What are you all cooking for Thanksgiving? The usuall, or more LC? I have not decided.

You all sound like your doing good. I'm back on the LC wagon, I only jump off in times of extreme stress.

Anyway gtg have a great day everyone.

Anna
saltnpepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 05:48 PM   #150
Major LCF Poster!

Anna-WTG-on the Bathroom remodel-that is a wonderful gift yourself and the whole family I am sure will enjoy it--has to be a mess during the process tho--hang in there and think about the pretty room when it is done! Hope to see pics!

glad you are giving the notice-they really didn't give you the job they hired you to do-stress is truly a killer of the soul--glad yours is lightened--mine is lightened just knowing you will be out of there--will be praying the right job is headed your way

I intended to try all kind of new recipes prior to the holiday--I haven't tried one! so I will do my best to make a couple of low carb things for me and the regular stuff for the crew-I will survive and try to stick to what I can-that is my plan!