Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2013, 07:37 AM   #91
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/172 /148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
Good Sunday Morning--it is a beautiful Sunny Day here-39 degrees but gorgeous!

Michelle-Lady would destroy our house wanting out if she stayed inside-she hasn't been taught to bark or do anything when she wants out-she has destroyed their doors and all their blinds-they just keep replacing them-she is a wonderful dog but needs to be taught-we love her but would never want to keep her in our house overnite-she plays well with Dolly-she is a little rough with her and we watch them closely! she has destroyed two dog doors in our house already going thru them-we just replaced one screen dog door-the summer kind-she was too big to go thru-but she did! so we just last week replaced it-the whole screen in the door and the screen dog door for Dolly for next summer! we try to watch and close our garage door down when we see her coming now so she doesn't run into the house and ruin the door! so it is easier to go and let her in and out-she is happier and the kids know it too! she is really an outside dog-she runs the neighborhood while they work during the day-they have a dog door so she can get into the garage also.

Sorry about the tree-your hubs and mine are like minded it sounds-Bill said we don't need to have a tree up this year since the kids are having Christmas -part of me agrees since it does take me along time to do it all myself-and I have so much to catch up on after spending the summer in the yard mowing and gardening. I feel like I didn't do anything in the house and I shouldn't decorate when I should be doing some heavy cleaning?

Jeanne
jbatchelor is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-2013, 07:40 AM   #92
Major LCF Poster!

MichelleHu-I think drinking water is hard anytime-try a straw or bottled-it seems to go down easier that way? Hang in there with the weight loss--you are losing inches! it just takes the pounds a little time to catch up--that dress is getting closer to fitting all the time-the inches are really what counts!
Old 11-10-2013, 07:50 AM   #93
Major LCF Poster!

tomorrow is weigh in day for me--I hope it is better that gaining again-I really thought about heading to Evansville shopping-but it is an hour away--I got another 30 percent off at Kohls-the two or three I had I just pitched-hate to spend-but I keep watching that Dyson 41 complete sweeper and I really would like to have one with the tools-our house is so dusty--we live on a gravel road-dolly sheds-the cat sheds-I fight dust and dirt constantly-and the sweeper I have now doesn't have tools-so I am really wanting a new sweeper-but.... does anybody have one of these??

Of course I don't want to end up at the Chinese buffet again either so I think we need to stay home and forget it!

Getting closer to Thanksgiving-I still haven't baked anything in prep to try out for the day--I am thinking I will make Chicken Lady's carrot cake but I hate to make that on thanksgiving for the first time-I hope to find enough time ahead to try it-we will see-I need to sit down and go thru some pages and make out my menu! what is everybody here serving or having if you are celebrating the day?
Old 11-11-2013, 06:27 AM   #94
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mick6
Stats: 237/221/140
Start Date: 4/30/2014
Hi everyone! Yowsa did I have a messed up weekend. All I can do is go on from here. I didnt bother to weigh. On the food front it all started with a buffet and booze after missing meals all day Fri. Besides being super busy and lazy I think I got cocky with a good loss last week. I need to do some bulk cooking so there is no excuse this next weekend. I also better make time to check in on my busy days ( Thur-Sat).

I found a good deal on coconut oil by the gallon. It ended up being $55 with shipping. Now hubby is using tons of it in popcorn. I'm just jealous he can eat like he does and be so trim. Being a muscular 6 ft 4 helps I guess. I think I out weigh him by 5 lbs btw when I started and i am a foot shorter.

It should be 11 days away but I have all the pms things going on. It better not be early! I do not want it to end up I have it for the Caribbean trip in Feb. If it comes early I will.

Jeanne~ pet hair drives me bonkers. i have dogs and cats. I had all the carpets ripped out of the old house and this time bought a home with all hardwoods and ceramic tile. Dh thought I was being a bit extreme.

Zipp~ I might have to give Juddd a try yet. Oh my goodness a Boss-hole! I shall have to remember that one! Congrats on the loss!

Michelle204~ Are you feeling better now? Peanut butter is delic but dangerous.

Danielle~ congrats on the loss!!!

MichelleHu~ your avatar is so cute!

Last edited by Mick6; 11-11-2013 at 06:31 AM..
Mick6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 07:03 AM   #95
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/187/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleHu View Post
Well I felt thinner when I woke up but the scale hates me. Man its cold here. Been snowing off and on. Yuck!
The SCALE Is a LIAR and a CHEAT!!!!
zipp2play is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 07:06 AM   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbatchelor View Post
Good Sunday Morning--it is a beautiful Sunny Day here-39 degrees but gorgeous!

Michelle-Lady would destroy our house wanting out if she stayed inside-she hasn't been taught to bark or do anything when she wants out-she has destroyed their doors and all their blinds-they just keep replacing them-she is a wonderful dog but needs to be taught-we love her but would never want to keep her in our house overnite-she plays well with Dolly-she is a little rough with her and we watch them closely! she has destroyed two dog doors in our house already going thru them-we just replaced one screen dog door-the summer kind-she was too big to go thru-but she did! so we just last week replaced it-the whole screen in the door and the screen dog door for Dolly for next summer! we try to watch and close our garage door down when we see her coming now so she doesn't run into the house and ruin the door! so it is easier to go and let her in and out-she is happier and the kids know it too! she is really an outside dog-she runs the neighborhood while they work during the day-they have a dog door so she can get into the garage also.
That would drive me INSANE! Why don't they see about getting her trained??? OR easier, why don't they Crate train her?
Old 11-11-2013, 07:10 AM   #97

Mick - dust off and move forward! No looking back, only forward!

It's MONDAY! The only good thing is I am off on Friday! 4 day week for me! 171.6 today

Nice quiet weekend for us. Incident at church....why do people think things have to be Perfect? My DD12 now refuses to help in the service. Thankfully DH spoke with the lady and let her know, no more correcting DD12 or anyone else DURING THE SERVICE!
Old 11-11-2013, 07:43 AM   #98
Major LCF Poster!

Hey girls--running around-so fast check in-grrr about the incident at church! I am with you--nothing Christ-like about being mean to a young pre-teen who only wants to help during the service--what is WRONG with people???? just am so glad your DH spoke up!

well-the scale went down the 2 pounds it went up last week-I am a teeter totter--but not making any headway this way--lol--maybe I will see the 150s some day--I am hanging on-the holidays are my nemesis and I am really frightened of my lack of self-control!!! I am really glad you are all here.

Mick-that is a great deal on coconut oil~~~~

back later

Last edited by jbatchelor; 11-11-2013 at 07:44 AM..
Old 11-11-2013, 11:54 AM   #99
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Hello! running around like a crazy person today

Mick--just keep moving forward...the rest will always fall into place. Great deal on the CO! Prepping food ahead of time is a sure-fire way to prevent going off plan and will only give you success..I'm so glad that I do it because it's saved me a time or two for sure!

Monica--I'm sorry for DD...some people have no tact when it comes to speaking...glad your hubbs stepped in. Hooray for short weeks!!!

Jeanne--the scale's playing games with me right now too...MEH! Hang in there girl, we can only go down, right?

Me-- Like I said before, the scale is kinda holding onto the 2lb bounce I found Saturday....of course I'm not doing much to help the stupid thing by eating my share of movie popcorn Friday & Sunday..... Oooops!
I'm hoping to get this bloat off by the end of this week, I'd hate to go into Thanksgiving week still being up..
I also have not started any real formal exercise yet and I NEED to...STAT. I know I'll feel good once I do it, but maaaannnn, I hate to sweat

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 12:26 PM   #100
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: michelle204
WOE: LowCarbing my way
Start Date: July 9, 2007
Hi everyone. I am feeling really poorly today. So I thought I would just check in but I'm back to bed. Some cold or something I guess. Hopefully tomorrow is better. Have a good day all.
michelle204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 01:11 PM   #101
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle204 View Post
Hi everyone. I am feeling really poorly today. So I thought I would just check in but I'm back to bed. Some cold or something I guess. Hopefully tomorrow is better. Have a good day all.
Feel better!
Old 11-11-2013, 06:17 PM   #102
Major LCF Poster!

Dang Michelle--that's not good--hope you are getting lots of rest with Ben to keep you company--hang in there--hugs and get well wishes!

Danielle--you have one of those trampoline scales too huh? just keep bouncing on it and it will eventually give us the right number! the thing about popcorn is that it is a lot of fiber--lol--what goes in-does come out! so that should help! I wish there was a low carb sub for popcorn-I saw someone bake the dickens out of cauliflower--I like cauliflower but there is no way that I am ever going to think it will taste like popcorn-so not even going there!
Old 11-11-2013, 07:18 PM   #103
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbatchelor View Post
Dang Michelle--that's not good--hope you are getting lots of rest with Ben to keep you company--hang in there--hugs and get well wishes!

Danielle--you have one of those trampoline scales too huh? just keep bouncing on it and it will eventually give us the right number! the thing about popcorn is that it is a lot of fiber--lol--what goes in-does come out! so that should help! I wish there was a low carb sub for popcorn-I saw someone bake the dickens out of cauliflower--I like cauliflower but there is no way that I am ever going to think it will taste like popcorn-so not even going there!
HAHAHAHA! Thanks so much for the giggles tonight! And, Ummmm, yeah, do NOT blame ya on not wanting to dive in on a bunch of baked cauliflower...no amount of baking, charring, broiling, whatever will never make that taste like popcorn!
Old 11-12-2013, 03:13 AM   #104
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: saltnpepper
Stats: 125/107/105 5'
Start Date: long ago restart 06/11
Just a quick hello

Michelle hope your feeling better

Hi to everyone, miss you all

Fell off the wagon, ate 1/2 jar peanut butter - and CHIPS......

Back on track today

Later Girls

Anna
saltnpepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 07:37 AM   #105
Major LCF Poster!

good morning girls-late start to my morning--I stayed up late to watch the snowfall that didn't happen! I really was hoping to see snow! we can never get an accurate forecast it seems--they kept calling for a wintry mix with a half inch of snow fall--there is nothing on the ground!

Peanut butter is loved by all of us--I eat it too--but I put it on pita chips I make-just cut up a pita-spray with some olive oil spritz and pop into the micro wave to stiffen up--you could use some popcorn seasoning to make them ranch or different flavorings if you just want to use them as chips alone--I have the cheddar popcorn seasoning too..

Tonite is supposed to get down to 19-then a warm up by the weekend

Michelle--how are you feeling today?

How is everybody else today?
Old 11-12-2013, 08:07 AM   #106
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mick6
Stats: 237/221/140
Start Date: 4/30/2014
Hope you are feeling better Michelle.

Jeanne eeek snow!!! You wanted to see it?

Anna like they told me just dust off and go on. Does anyone over indulge in almond butter? that just doesnt go down like PB for me.

Danielle since it is just bloat have you tried lemon water?

I am still suffering tummy issues from the weekends indulgences. I must ponder why I do this too myself! UGH!

I cooked up taco meat and burgers for the freezer so I have no excuses after work. I am making a recipe for a lc chicken casserole tonight. I was thinking about making up a big batch of soup also.
Mick6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 08:29 AM   #107
Big Yapper!!!!

Doing well over here...just trying to survive an all high carb week.. it's working well though so I keep going!

would love some snow, or even just some "cool".... we're at 90+ today.. Forget Fall over here!

Mick, I bought some lemons last night for my water today...I'll see if it will help..DH has been bugging me to do this for weeks now
I hope your tummy gets to feeling better soon! Prepping food will certainly guarantee you success this week, go you!
Old 11-12-2013, 03:55 PM   #108
Major LCF Poster!

Hello all. Thank you all for your concern. I am much better today. I don't know what grabbed a hold of me yesterday but I was really out of it and thought I was in for a doozy of a cold or flu, but today I am 100% better.

I have been known to over indulge in almond butter as well, but you are right that it isn't like peanut butter.

I had a higher carb weekend then usual, ok let's be honest I BLEW IT! I was at a craft sale and couldn't resist some home baked cookies. I told myself I would go home and freeze them and just eat one at a time on special occasions, but they were all gone before I got home Back on track today.

Hope everyone else is well. I have to get back to work right now.
Old 11-12-2013, 05:49 PM   #109
Major LCF Poster!

Mick I think we all have that "gene" that makes us over indulge, well binge for me, from time to time--that is why we are here--I have never mastered not eating during stressful times, happy times, any ole time! I eat for all occasions! I have never been able to control my eating--I have always found it amazing that other people could stop at one cookie-or a small piece of cake--I never felt I could stop at one of anything--low carb keeps that monster in my head at bay thankfully and gives me the control that I never had before--that in itself is worth a million--just to feel the way normal people must feel? I am probably not making sense--but when I am off plan-I hate the feeling of being out of control-that brings back horrible feelings too-only people who have been there-out of control with their eating and unable to stop at one cookie know what I mean-well-that was a mouthful -sorry for the ramble--you see we all ponder what makes us do that eating off plan crapola!--have I figured it out yet why? nope-wish I did--I would never do it again..

Last edited by jbatchelor; 11-12-2013 at 05:50 PM..
Old 11-12-2013, 07:30 PM   #110
Major LCF Poster!

Well said Jeanne.
Old 11-13-2013, 06:38 AM   #111

Michelle glad you are feeling better.

Work is crazy busy for me and the next 2 weeks will be INSANE!!!!

Just checking in. Following my set rotations, going ok. 170.0 this morning.

DS14 hit the 40 pound total loss mark today! He only does 2 DD's a week and that seems to be working well.
Old 11-13-2013, 06:52 AM   #112
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MichelleHu
Stats: 260/191.6/135
WOE: LC/Wheat Gluten Free
Start Date: 5/29/13
Finally, Finally I Hit the 50 lb lost mark! WOOHOO. That had to be the most stubborn lb. Was stuck for 2 weeks, grrr. But super happy now. I will post pics later after I take a shower. Kept a ugly set of slouchin' around the house clothes, took a pic when I started so will put those on and get a pic. Hope the whoosh fairy stopped by for you all too!
MichelleHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 07:48 AM   #113
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Finally, Finally I Hit the 50 lb lost mark! WOOHOO. That had to be the most stubborn lb. Was stuck for 2 weeks, grrr. But super happy now. I will post pics later after I take a shower. Kept a ugly set of slouchin' around the house clothes, took a pic when I started so will put those on and get a pic. Hope the whoosh fairy stopped by for you all too!
Nice work!!!

I cannot wait to hit 50lbs lost--my first goal.
Old 11-13-2013, 08:25 AM   #114
Major LCF Poster!

WTG Michelle. That is awesome news. I can't wait to see the pictures.

Monica--- Take care of yourself through these crazy times .We don't want anything bad happening to you. Congratulate DS14 on his milestone. He is doing so well!

Busy day at work for me today. It is time to update our online ads. That's allot of work because I have such a slow computer. I have to wait for everything to load blah blah blah. I have no patience for stuff like that. Oh well it has to be done.

Later ladies.
Old 11-13-2013, 08:36 AM   #115
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MichelleHu
Stats: 260/191.6/135
WOE: LC/Wheat Gluten Free
Start Date: 5/29/13
try to put the pics in. first pic 260 on 5/29. second pic 210 11/13 50 lbs lost! Last pic in real clothes
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 008.jpg (23.0 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg house1 009.jpg (23.1 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg house1 011.jpg (21.4 KB, 6 views)
MichelleHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 12:16 PM   #116

Quote:
Way to go MICHELLE!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-13-2013, 12:17 PM   #117

Michelle WOW is all I can say. What a HUGE difference! Way to go!
Old 11-13-2013, 02:11 PM   #118
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle--you not only took 50 pounds off your body-you took at least 20 years off your age!! you totally changed your appearance! you look so much younger now!! keep it going and slip into that dress--have you tried it on lately? maybe it fits?
Old 11-13-2013, 03:20 PM   #119
Big Yapper!!!!

Michelle what a transformation!
Old 11-13-2013, 03:32 PM   #120
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle those pictures and your results are fantastic. You look great. That dress is sure to fit. KUTGW! I can't wait to see the next set of photos. You look 10 years old for sure. Just amazing!