Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2013, 07:36 AM   #61
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Zipp~ How do you like Juddd? I had pondered a LC version of that plan.
I love JUDDD. With my kids/family/life it is very doable. I have currently switched to 4:3 (4 Up days and 3 Down days a week) not sure I will lose, but I think I will maintain well. Life it too hectic now.... we will see what happens after all the holidays!

HELLO TO ALL!

Anna I am so sorry work is not good. Add me to the list! BLAH BLAH BLAH! I almost walked out yesterday. Boss was being a BOSS-HOLE!!!!!!!!!!

to all the Michelle's. Who knew that was the name to have.

Jeanne how goes it??

Danielle - to you

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rt-2-a-11.html
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-2013, 07:36 AM   #62

171.6 today! I'm over it!
Old 11-06-2013, 08:14 AM   #63
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: michelle204
Stats: 262/187/190/170
WOE: LowCarbing my way
Start Date: July 9, 2007
Anna and Monica---Sorry work is so bad. I send a big hug your way.
Work has really slowed down here which is always scary, but we will keep plugging along.

Monica---I'm sure you will do great at maintaining. I wish I could get down a little more and maintain for a while but I still have some to go before all my clothes fits again.

Time2change--- I don't know how HCG works so I don't know what to recommend other then keep up the good work and the rewards will be yours.

Mick6---The Mayan ruins sound fascinating. I bet you have to be in pretty good shape for all that walking and climbing. Your determination will get you there I'm sure.

I am not over my peanut butter bloat yet. I can't believe it is taking so long. That was Sunday and here it is Wednesday and I still feel blah. I haven't eaten anything wrong since then so hopefully it just passes soon.

When is your Thanksgiving and who is doing what?

I need to finish this journey once and for all!
I know somewhere inside of me I have the strength and commitment...I just need to find it.

Michelle
michelle204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 11:05 AM   #64

Thanksgiving is 11/28 here. We are leaving town 11/26 at 4:00 and heading to Colorado. The DD12 wants to ski, DS14 (and his friend) plan to play video games and hike. Me, I plan to hang out with my DF that is meeting up with us there. Sipping some wine by the fire and kicking back! In all there will be a minimum of 7 of us at the cabin and possibly 11 if the other family comes that we have invited! We will return home on 12/01! We are all excited. We used to go to CO every Thanksgiving and then, we we haven't been there since 2010! Time to get back!
Old 11-06-2013, 11:29 AM   #65
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Michelle~ crossing my fingers that the foreray into peanut butter land passes very quickly for you!

Monica~ feel free to adopt me at any time. All of your vacations and get-togethers always sound like so much fun!

Quiet holiday this year... all 3 kids will be working in some form on Black Friday so no going anywhere for us I consider it lucky that DS will even be coming home from school for the holiday and hoping he'll come a few days early so we can have a good visit. DH will be working that entire weekend for sure too, so I'll be left to my own devices....I smell some shopping....maybe some baking...

As a sidenote: I feel like doo-doo today. It's gloriously beautiful outside and here I am feeling cruddy and icky. On the flip side, the scale continues to drop bit by bit...I should not be complaining about anything...

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 12:07 PM   #66
Major LCF Poster!

Wow Monica--- I am so jealous of your trips. You can adopt me too.
Old 11-06-2013, 12:10 PM   #67
Major LCF Poster!

Danielle--- I hope you get your extended visit with your son. It's very difficult for families to get together when the kids get older. What kind of baking will you be doing? Regular or low carb???? WTG on the losses. Every lit bit helps.
Old 11-06-2013, 12:24 PM   #68
Blabbermouth!!!

Will probably do alittle of both...2 of my kids and DH can pretty much eat whatever they want..DD17 has gluten & soy allergies..and well, me, I just shouldn't be eating any of it I will probably enjoy some of it on the actual holiday but nothing more.. I'm also finding that I cannot eat as much off plan stuff as I once used to. I get this is a good problem to have, but it's just plain weird to me LOL I like it, but it's weird! DD19 is in the midst of moving out soon so it will just be the 17yo here with us--and she's gone alot..so it feels alot of the time that it's just me and the ole hubster
Old 11-06-2013, 01:17 PM   #69
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dejaht
Stats: 97/96/83kg, 5'11.5'', originally 120kg in Aug 2012
Start Date: Restart Nov 2013
Hi everyone, can I join? I am just restarting after about four months off plan, in that time I gained 10kg (22 pounds), eek! The time frame is perfect for me as I have two weddings to go to the weekend after valentines and I want to feel good in a nice dress.
Mick, a bit late I know but cauliflower is one of my favourite on-plan foods. I make a 3-cheese cauli bake. Steam the cauli first then into a baking dish and add cubes of cream cheese and feta, top with planty of tasty or mozerella cheese and bake. Delicious!
Old 11-06-2013, 03:47 PM   #70
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/174.5 /148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
Manda-to the group--you have plenty of time before the weddings! that is always a good incentive! I love cauliflower and buy it about every week!

Monica-I have a visual picture of the CO sking trip! lovely Thanksgiving trip -take pics so we can all live through it with you!

I am lucky enough to have both of my boys and their families here for the holidays this year! Nate will actually come down to hunt the weekend before Thanksgiving and then return with the family on the holiday--I will be baking a ham-I always do--my oldest boy always bakes a turkey on Christmas-we trade off the holidays-I am anxious to have them all here-it will be a little crazy with the kids but I will live through it! I need to get busy and plan my menu and do some baking ahead of time to practice!

Jeanne
jbatchelor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 04:39 AM   #71
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mick6
Just a quickie before work. On plan and down another .2 . Have a fab day!
Mick6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 05:52 AM   #72
Blabbermouth!!!

Manda~

Jeanne~ I can't wait to hear about your visit, it sounds wonderful!

Mick~
WTG on your loss!

Me~ Scale continues heading on down...I'm so relieved!! Down another 1.2
Old 11-07-2013, 05:54 AM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle204 View Post
Wow Monica--- I am so jealous of your trips. You can adopt me too.
Come own down Michelle, there is ALWAYS room for 1 more. Bring the fur baby too! This year we got a pet friendly cabin!!!!!!
Old 11-07-2013, 05:58 AM   #74

Jeanne how wonderful to have everyone at your house for the holiday! Baby and the kids, you will be one BUSY GRANDMA!!!!!!!!!!

Danielle - not being able to eat as much is AWESOME! You keep at it girl, you are doing great. Down another 1.2 WOW!!

Mick - keep up the good work!

Manda - to our group!

It's FRIDAY EVE ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOHOO
Old 11-07-2013, 06:54 AM   #75
Major LCF Poster!

Monica and Anna-sorry about the job crappola--hate that for you girls! job stress is no fun!

WTG for all the losers!

I think I am out of ketosis--the low carb pasta I think is not really lowcarb? I have heard that-and eating it for three days is not good probably-I don't know how to make a small pot of anything! I have been super hungry--always a bad sign.

Mom is planning a trip to Texas to visit her sister-by herself--she has never flown alone! her feet are really feeling good with the new adjustment of medication-she will fly over the Thanksgiving holiday for 9 days gone-I am so happy she is doing this-her sister is not in the best of health either-Mom will be 89 next month and she really needs to do this! makes me smile!

Have a great day ladies-the sun is shining today after a rainy day yesterday-the cold has arrived tho.
Old 11-08-2013, 05:11 AM   #76
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Friday everyone--what is on for the weekend?

We are planning on working in the barn and doing some general cleaning-also getting the stove wired up that I will use next year for canning--it will be nice to have it all done and have my equipment all in one area

have a great day and a good weekend everyone-later
Old 11-08-2013, 05:56 AM   #77

OH that is great that your Mom is traveling to see her sister! I am sure she is excited and nervous!

We have another quiet weekend. DS14 is debating this afternoon and all day tomorrow. DD12 is having a friend sleepover tonight. I am attending a Library book sale with a friend. Sunday will be church/SS! QUIET! Again! LOVING THAT!
Old 11-08-2013, 06:21 AM   #78
Major LCF Poster!

Jeanne-- That is great that your mom is well enough to travel and going to see her sister is marvelous. I'm sure they will both appreciate the time together.

Monica-- Enjoy your quiet time. You deserve a break.

As for me....I think I want my Christmas tree up. So I am hoping to convince DH to pull the tree out of the crawl space so I can get busy, but he doesn't seem to want it up yet. It takes him awhile to get in the spirit. I just love my tree and it really helps me to forget all the bad and fills me with good. So I'm crossing my fingers. Plus it is suppose to snow this weekend, so it should look like Christmas too.

How is everyone else doing?
Old 11-08-2013, 10:01 AM   #79
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle-I say go for it--I put some Christmas music on the other day-just felt like it--I have a cd-El Divo-those guys have the best Christmas cd-if you ever see it-grab it!

My moms brother is actually trying to get on the same flight-his health is bad also-he lives here in town-my cousin in Baytown TX is trying to get him on the same flight as my mom-I hope he pulls it off-I won't worry so much about her doing this on her own-my cousin was supposed to arrange her a W/C thru the airport but I don't trust that happening. With her brother with her-I think she will have him to speak up and get what she needs.

Monica-enjoy your weekend-sounds lovely!

My granddaughter is checking out the college where Nate went-Ball State-where Dave Letterman went to college--it is at Muncie Indiana-it is truly a beautiful Campus-I really hope she likes it-I would not be sorry she chose that one-about 3 hours away from home-but still close enough for a good day trip. I am in charge of their dog this weekend-well at least babysitting putting her in and out-I hope I remember!
Old 11-08-2013, 11:05 AM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle204 View Post
As for me....I think I want my Christmas tree up. So I am hoping to convince DH to pull the tree out of the crawl space so I can get busy, but he doesn't seem to want it up yet. It takes him awhile to get in the spirit. I just love my tree and it really helps me to forget all the bad and fills me with good. So I'm crossing my fingers. Plus it is suppose to snow this weekend, so it should look like Christmas too.

How is everyone else doing?

I was thinking the SAME THING!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-08-2013, 11:06 AM   #81

Jeanne - I've been listening to christmas music since 11/01/13!!!!!!!! I love it so!
Old 11-08-2013, 12:45 PM   #82
Blabbermouth!!!

Jeanne, that is awesome news about your mom feeling better. Really says something great if she's up for some traveling. I hope she has an amazing time!!

Michelle, I say go for putting up the decorations now! I love Christmas! My DH and yours are similar, takes mine a little bit to get into the spirit of it all--then when he is, he's all out.

There was Christmas music playing at the mall today--all the decorations are up and everything! I loved it!

Date night tonight with the hubbs--spent the morning w/ DD17 shopping and spent way too much at Bath & Body Works...but so yummy smelling!!
Scale is still playing nice with me and I will take all that it's willing to give me! It's been a good week on the scale.... -3.2 for the week!

Have a great weekend, everyone!
Old 11-08-2013, 12:47 PM   #83
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MichelleHu
Stats: 260/191.6/135
WOE: LC/Wheat Gluten Free
Start Date: 5/29/13
Just checking in guys. Still the same at my lowest so I guess I am stable just wish it would move down, ugghh. Been on plan, keeping my fingers crossed. I know its a stuck point. Have a great weekend everyone.
MichelleHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 12:49 PM   #84
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleHu View Post
Just checking in guys. Still the same at my lowest so I guess I am stable just wish it would move down, ugghh. Been on plan, keeping my fingers crossed. I know its a stuck point. Have a great weekend everyone.
Hang in there, you are doing great! I sat between 2 numbers for literally 11 days last week..I get the frustration. Once your body decides it's safe it'll start releasing all sorts of weight before ya know it!!
Old 11-08-2013, 01:35 PM   #85
Major LCF Poster!

so nice to know we are like-minded re: Christmas--sisters in cyber Christmas! I do have a husband who is a humbug tho--He has to be dragged to doing anything --ruins it for me! but I just go on and enjoy it without his participation-! he will have to do even more when he retires--I think he knows it!

Michelle-I loved the pics you shared last Christmas of your tree--plus you won a new tree last year too-are you putting up both trees this year?
Old 11-08-2013, 01:49 PM   #86
Major LCF Poster!

I believe in that set point theory--I am in the 160s set point decade! grrr!
Old 11-09-2013, 11:58 AM   #87
Major LCF Poster!

anybody home today? sure lonely here on the weekends--Michelle-are you putting up your tree?

Bill is taking a nap-I did a couple of errands this morning and we worked a little in the barn-I had to get up early and go let the kids' dog out since they were gone--not a fun thing in the cold in my jammies-but a necessary thing--Lady-their dog sure does miss them when they are gone-she has visited with us several times today and just doesn't know what to do with herself! poor baby! they will be home tonite!

later
Old 11-09-2013, 07:58 PM   #88
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Jeanne. Can't Lady just stay with you for the day?

And no...there will be no tree this weekend. DH won't take it out of the crawl space for me and I can't go in there and get it. It is very musty and moldy in there and it sets off asthma attacks for me if I go in there. I am disappointed to say the least.
Old 11-10-2013, 06:23 AM   #89
Senior LCF Member

Well I felt thinner when I woke up but the scale hates me. Man its cold here. Been snowing off and on. Yuck!
Old 11-10-2013, 06:24 AM   #90
Senior LCF Member

Maybe its harder to lose in the winter when its cold, I have been having a hard time getting the water in because of it. Hmmm