Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2013, 03:48 PM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/174.5 /148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
welcome Mick-glad to have you with us--getting fit for a vacation is a good goal!

Danielle-you are committed working out when bored-you go girl! wtg on the new low!!! that is a great incentive to keep it going!!!

had hamburgers and cauliflower for dinner--hopefully tomorrows weigh in will be decent after the soy fest of yesterday!
jbatchelor is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2013, 04:00 PM   #32
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Mick--fellow newbie to the thread. Glad you're here!

Jeanne--Thanks! Actually, I committed to some form of exercise/movement for the entire month of Nov. This is forcing me to examine moods, head hunger, etc. just so I make sure to get it all done.. A little note about me: I have always had a hangup about exercise, I hate to be hot & to sweat. Crossng my fingers for a great weigh in for you in the a.m.!
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 04:13 AM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

good Monday morning--only down one pound of my three pound gain-yikes-the 150s seem far away this morning but I am still hanging in there-the holidays have always seen me gaining-I really want to get thru them this year without that! if I even maintain that would even work for me! I

Danielle-I don't exercise -never have-but have jumped on my treadmill recently until I hurt my hip-I still want to get back on it and will if I feel the hip is ready-I was actually feeling proud but we will see if that happens-I am a procrastinator!

lots to do today-will try to check in with all of you later

Jeanne
Old 11-04-2013, 05:51 AM   #34
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleHu View Post
I live in Mayberry too, thats why I was shocked to see the wraps.

Hey Monica- I was so craving a doughnut of all things the other day (ya know TOM) so I bought a mini doughnut pan. Do you have any good recipes for geez must be like a cake doughnut like mix to pour in the doughnut rings I would think. Any recipe for something like that you have tried and can recommend?
I just read one off a wesite last night. Let me find it. Google G-Free foodie. It's called Apple Cider Donuts. They look amazing, they are not LC, but they are GF!

Last edited by zipp2play; 11-04-2013 at 05:52 AM..
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 05:55 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbatchelor View Post
Forgot to add-when I had mom's car serviced for winter--I looked at new vehicles in the showroom--I want to trade-my car is a 2002--but I can't do a payment-we just did pay off our boat this summer after 6 years of payments--it feels good-but I loved looking at a buick encore-I want one-Monica-did you get your new car? never did hear you say? do you love it? I also looked at a GMC Acadia--I have seen those and just thought I would get one of those-the sticker was 51000 plus-OMG-I could never do that!! my car was a salvage car-and has been wonderful--I would do that again --we had it rebuilt -it had 11000 miles and we have never had any issues with it at all-so I would never hesitate doing that when the time comes. much better than paying those high prices
I bought a Ford C-Max. It is a hybrid and I LOVE IT!!!!!!!! Drives nice and gets amazing gas mileage! Also you are only supposed to change the oil once a year!
Old 11-04-2013, 05:57 AM   #36

Time2change - go our group!

Mick6 - welcome to you too!
Old 11-04-2013, 05:58 AM   #37

It's MONDAY, enough said, right??? 171.2 this morning, wasn't too happy about that. I am following JUDDD but only doing 4:3 rotations. Going to see how the scale reacts come Wednesday! I really prefer this but not sure I can lose, but I guess maybe maintain??
Old 11-04-2013, 10:02 AM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MichelleHu
Stats: 260/191.6/135
WOE: LC/Wheat Gluten Free
Start Date: 5/29/13
Hey guys had a bad sugar fest. I am up a lb i hope thats all it goes up. Back on plan. feel fine. Will check back in, quite busy
MichelleHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 10:17 AM   #39
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: michelle204
Stats: 262/187/170
WOE: LowCarbing my way
Start Date: July 9, 2007
Welcome newbies. Always room for more.

Jeanne wtg on the lb down.

MichelleHu-- Who are those cuties in your avatar? And as long as you are back on plan then everything is good.

Monica---Maintaining is way better then gaining. I wish I would have maintained over the year instead of gaining 20+lbs. That are taking forever to come off.

Danielle---I hate exercise too. Matter of fact I finally got back on my recumbent bike after 3 months today. It was hard but I felt I needed to punish myself. I sat down with a jar of peanut butter yesterday and ate it all. I don't know what happened but i was not putting my spoon down until the entire jar was finished. All my hard work for the last few months blown yesterday by a stupid jar of peanut butter.

Oh well, like the other Michelle, back on plan today.
Have a great day everyone and don't follow my example.

I need to finish this journey once and for all!
I know somewhere inside of me I have the strength and commitment...I just need to find it.

Michelle
michelle204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 11:09 AM   #40

Michellehu - back on plan is GREAT!

Michelle are the adopted doggies gone???
Old 11-04-2013, 11:15 AM   #41
Major LCF Poster!

yes they are gone. They have one more week on trial adoption to make sure everything is good and then it's official. The lady who adopted them is a wonderful 72 year old who wanted two dogs that would amuse each other and when the three of them met it was love at first site. She has asked me to babysit them while she goes to Michigan to see family at Xmas. I of course said yes. So I get my angels back for Xmas. Yeah!They will be here for two weeks.
Old 11-04-2013, 12:47 PM   #42
Major LCF Poster!

MichelleHu--it happens to all of us--its in the past-

Michelle-same thing to you-I love peanut butter-I totally get it-I eat a whole box of donuts when I go off-we are two peas in the pod! there is something in our psyche that makes us do this--if we ever figure it out--maybe we will quit doing it????? I hope before I die I can figure out why I do it? but it isn't looking good! the womans day magazine I think or maybe it was First-had an article about treat nite-eating off plan every 5 days or so-people are losing on it-maybe you can google it but some people I am friends with on another site are doing it --you stay low carb all day on your meals and then eat off plan from 6pm to midnite with whatever you want-except no fruit juices I believe-then back on plan in the morning-then the next 5 days you can repeat it--the two friends who are doing it lost weight this week-I don't trust myself to do it and get back on plan-I go too crazy and I won't work with my blood sugars--but it is working for both of them-I am thinking it is throwing their metabolism a curve ball just enough to shake up things to restart it moving? they both lost on their weigh in this morning!

Michelle--love your ticker btw!

Last edited by jbatchelor; 11-04-2013 at 12:48 PM..
Old 11-04-2013, 01:24 PM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

Jeanne-- Doing just that, eating well Sunday through Friday and then pigging out on Saturday supper was how I originally lost the 100 lbs. But this time it isn't working like that. I believe it has to do with menopause starting a year or two ago. Since then nothing is the same. Also, now that binging Saturday meal would set of cravings it never use to but now any cheat food in any amount sets off cravings. I use to live for that cheat meal. I really, really miss it. Hopefully by the end of this challenge I will have one again.
Old 11-04-2013, 02:34 PM   #44
Major LCF Poster!

I agree-our bodies are nothing now like it used to be--losing weight is so much harder-there is a window of time when you can lose easily and I have read about that-each time after gaining and losing is much harder--I believe it to be true-where once you could initially lose 20 lbs when starting atkins and then 10 lbs each month later--those days are gone for sure--I am lucky to lose 4-5 lbs a month and that is a struggle in itself-I am happy to get that now! all that up and down eating did a number on my pancreas I believe-that is why I am pre-diabetic now-I will always believe that up and down carb lifestyle is the issue! so I need to stick with low carb now and try to keep me from being diabetic as long as I can!
Old 11-04-2013, 02:48 PM   #45
Blabbermouth!!!

Jeanne~ you'll be back to the treadmill in no time..just make sure you're definitely feeling better..no sense getting hurt! P.S. I'm a procrastinator too!

Michelle & Michelle~ & more I can relate so much...
Back at it today! No looking back, only forward. You guys got this!

I am the queen of the yo-yo...UP/DOWN/UP/DOWN...Yep...the weight definitely does not fly off like it used to. It's so frustrating and so disheartening at times. I can go off on little woe-is-me tantrums because I get so angry at myself for just not sticking to it the first time I got near goal.. However, I have been working at being kinder to myself and will not berrate myself for past mistakes..there is no going backwards for me and I will just keep plugging away at it for as long as it takes..afterall, this is a lifestyle change so there is NO expiration.. When ya think about it, kinda takes all the pressure off, huh?

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
Old 11-04-2013, 03:31 PM   #46
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mick6
Hi everyone! Sorry I don't have time to address everyone personally. I'm expecting guests any minute. I weighed in at a terrifying 232.2 today.

Did ok today. Missed breakfast but had a monster bowl of creamy chicken and broccoli soup for lunch ( broccoli, almond milk, spices, chicken, coconut milk) and two chicken thighs for dinner. If I get the munchies later it will either be cheese or a salad.

Have a fantastic evening everyone!
Mick6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 03:43 AM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: saltnpepper
Stats: 125/106/105 5'
Start Date: long ago restart 06/11
Hi Everyone

My morning drive by...which means I did not read much.

I hate my job.....I have a major headache, and I'm eating a lot.

I am eating LC, but to much.

So Michelle, I too can eat a whole jar of crunchy peanut butter....yum

And who ever said the word menopause, right on. I did what Michelle said years ago I ate LC all week and on the week-ends I'd eat something I wanted, pizza etc. Can NOT do that at all any more. Like no cheats, not even on the week-end or I gain and pay.

That is one reason I need/want to be here you all keep me motivated to eat right.

Hello to the newbie's

Sorry if I sounded all gloom and doom......just needed to complain to someone!

Love you guys for listening

Have a great day

Anna
saltnpepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 03:45 AM   #48
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: saltnpepper
Stats: 125/106/105 5'
Start Date: long ago restart 06/11
Also.....

I made Linda Sue's Hot German Potato Salad this week-end. WOW it was so good.
saltnpepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 05:17 AM   #49
Major LCF Poster!

Anna-I have LindaSue's German Potato Salad in my fridge too--I am not totally in love with it tho? it is good for a change however--I will stick to some of her other recipes I think ? I like cheesy cauliflower better! so very sorry you hate your job-been there-it's not a good place to be--keep looking for jobs and maybe something will come up for you that is better?

Mick-a lot of us have been where you are with your weigh in-don't get discouraged-it all comes off with one pound at a time-do it in ten pound increments-I always thought of it that way--just ten pounds is all I lost in my mind each time and I still do that actually--I have been in the lost in the 60s forever! in my music and my pounds-lol

Danielle-you have got your thinking straight with the lifestyle--and I agree with everything you said--you are just like a lot of us with the yoyo syndrome--it will catch up with you in time-don't keep doing it-I think that is why I have pre-diabetes now-the pancreas just refuses to keep giving out insulin after awhile--so stick with it and make it a lifestyle like you said
Old 11-05-2013, 05:20 AM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Good morning! Last night s snack ended up being a Fuji apple and cheese. Just the cheese wasn't cutting it. I ended up at 230 today. So a smidge down. I have a whole head of cauliflower I need to use up. Any ideas besides soup??

I used to love that old show on TV by Denise Austin. I am too fat and out of shape for ((% of my DVD's. I found someone on Ebay whom had burned copies of 60 workouts. I can't wait for it to arrive! I have to start somewhere!

Saltnpepper~ is German potato salad the hot one? Your not doom and gloom. It is good to let it out

Danielle~ Good post! I tend to have the woe is me tantrums too! I like the way you look at it.

Jeanne~ I know each time is harder. I have been on and off so many times since my original easy 80 lb loss. I could still kick myself for holding for years and going nutso! I am higher than ever. Oh well positive changes ahead for all of us.

Michelle~ I originally lost cheating one day a week. However I am now 13 years older. I tried that last week. Fantstic Mon-Fri. Sat was cheat day which led to Sunday cheat day

I decided to use my nickname in this thread and not confuse anyone more. I am also a Michelle.

MichelleHu~ How are you doing now?

Zipp~ How do you like Juddd? I had pondered a LC version of that plan.

Eh gads time to wrap this up. One of the darn dogs just got sick on the couch Poor girl
Old 11-05-2013, 06:46 AM   #51
Senior LCF Member

I am on plan, have to get the water weight back off after sugar fest 2013.

Another Michelle- yeah for us! Great to have ya!

Off to a good start, coffee...
Old 11-05-2013, 06:50 AM   #52
Major LCF Poster!

Wow I have never heard of so many Michelles before. This is so weird. But there are strength in numbers right?
Old 11-05-2013, 06:51 AM   #53
Major LCF Poster!

Also it seems most of us our doggy lovers too. Yeah!!!!
Old 11-05-2013, 02:29 PM   #54
Blabbermouth!!!

All this talk of menopause/peri etc.... I'm somewhere in between...and lovely TOM started again...5 days after I've already had it .....good grief, I do not believe there is such a thing as growing old gracefully...at least not with this thing around still

In a silver lingings observation...at least the scale moved down a smidge
Old 11-05-2013, 02:31 PM   #55
Blabbermouth!!!

P.S. I am so a total doggy lover..I am biding some time to actually have one where I can be around all the time...
One of my DH's bosses had to put down his lovely bulldog baby, Chuck, this afternoon..I am so sad
Old 11-05-2013, 06:01 PM   #56
Senior LCF Member

I have 3 doggies.
Old 11-06-2013, 06:02 AM   #57
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: time2change
Stats: 5'2 172/hoping for 110
WOE: JUDDD ???
Start Date: April 2014
So far since Friday I have only lost .4 lbs. I have ate strict protein for the last fourteen days and I am very frustrated to say the least. I know this is a set point for me but still...I've never stayed 100% strict like I am right now. But I guess it took me a lifetime to get here so I need to be more patient. I love reading your posts. Definately helps me see the bigger picture and that I am not alone on my journey.
time2change is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 06:13 AM   #58
Senior LCF Member

Hi everyone! Another smidge down today. Not back to where I was before last weekend at all.

All the peri-meno talk has me wondering what is up. I used to rarely get mine as in go 8 months without and the now it is every 24 to 26 days. Getting longer and heavier periods big time. Bleech!

Time2change, fingers crossed you see more movement soon!

I have to start on the get in better cardio shape issue. Going up all 3 flights of stirs leaves me winded. I will be exploring Myan ruins in Feb. They are rated as very active tours.

Last edited by Mick6; 11-06-2013 at 06:15 AM..
Old 11-06-2013, 06:28 AM   #59
Senior LCF Member

Mornin' Day 2 back on plan, and planning on staying there, gotta get past this point! Bloat is almost gone from candy fest. Whew!
Old 11-06-2013, 07:21 AM   #60

Crazy week for me!