Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2014, 11:08 AM   #481
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Good morning all. Acutally it's afternoon here! It's VALENTINE'S WEEK! I won't have lost anything, I know I will have gained! I will / need to get more focused. My weekend was good. I had my annual sleepover with my high school pals! We get together once a year. 1 of the crew was majorly sick with shingles (and only 44 years old) so we will probably try to meet up again in August so we can see her too! It was nice seeing everyone.

Nikki you are doing great!

Michelle way to get back on it. 7 pounds already, way to go!

Michellehu - sometimes tweeking is necessary!

Art - I am sure I will have gained over this challenge, but dusting off and moving forward!

Anna - how are you girl??? Things going well for you?

Jeanne - where are you girl? You better check in. I have your cell number, I WILL CALL IT if necessary!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rt-2-a-24.html
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2014, 11:10 AM   #482

DS15 took the ACT test on Saturday. He is so motivated! Not sure where he gets it. He is a freshman! He puts so much pressure on himself.

DD12 had volleyball all day Saturday. 16 games total and she played in them all , every minute of each game. Her team isn't the best and she's the STAR (Only because the others are that BAD LOL). She loves that they all look up to her. She is the tallest so she is the blocker/spiker. She is also their best server, I said the others weren't good!
Old 02-10-2014, 11:32 AM   #483
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/174.5 /148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
Are you threatening me Missy Monica???? you just go ahead and call me!!!! we will chat the day away!!!lol! I haven't been gone from here--I posted recently--Friday or Saturday I am sure!! I am still trying to get back in gear--I will surely make it in the next challenge-this one has been the pits! I did so well for Thanksgiving and even up to dec 20 and then all hell broke loose--it has been down hill ever since-time to get my butt in gear!
Yeah for Haven being the leader and the girls looking up to her--that is always good to be the team leader--builds confidence . T gets his motivation from his home environment! you guys are all motivated!!!

Michelle--wtg--great loss for getting back to business--keep trying to motivate me! I need it

Anna-how is the new job? check in will you?

Nikki and Michellehu--you girls are doing great-share that new supplement you are taking Nikki--never heard of it

back to papers-hate paperwork-I let it pile up-procrastination is my name!

Jeanne

Last edited by jbatchelor; 02-10-2014 at 11:36 AM..
jbatchelor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 12:48 PM   #484
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: saltnpepper
Stats: 125/106/105 5'
Start Date: long ago restart 06/11
Good afternoon everyone.

ACT's are ruff. When will T find out the score? WTG Haven!! Go girl

My dd was in the "pit" for the school musical all weekend. From Thurs to Sun. I am tired. And all I really did was go! LOL I love musicals and the kids were so good. They did Oklahoma. Made me homesick. (I am not from OK???) I miss the midwest.

Anyway I ate whatever I wanted to all weekend. Not so much over eating. Just eating. But the scale went up. I think I just get tired of always watching it. Everyone says, it is not a diet, it is a way of life. feels like jail.

The job is ok. I have done this the past 9 yrs. I just work during tax season. So it is supper busy, confussing, and dealing with annoyed clients. Not a lot of fun. BUT I am greatful for the job and extra $$. The boss lady is really nice.

Hope everyone has a nice evening.

Hi Michelle204, MichelleHu, Nikki and ART2169
saltnpepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 01:57 PM   #485
Major LCF Poster!

Anna-I can't get that woe thing figured out either--tax business is no fun-my bestie does that and she is hard to even come up for air after the first up the year! I miss her!! Come visit the Midwest--I would love for you to visit!! anytime--we can figure this woe out together--haha! so far we have had 12 below zero days!!! Midwest temps this year!!

Last edited by jbatchelor; 02-10-2014 at 01:59 PM..
Old 02-10-2014, 02:36 PM   #486
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: michelle204
Stats: 262/187/170
WOE: LowCarbing my way
Start Date: July 9, 2007
So all any plans for Valentines Day? I hate going out and spending all that money for what?
I think I will stay home Friday and cook something special like steak and lobster with plenty of melted butter and make a LC chocolate cake. Maybe make something special for the furbabies too since they are the love of my life.

Anyone thought about the next challenge? Anyone up for another?
michelle204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 05:38 AM   #487

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbatchelor View Post
Are you threatening me Missy Monica???? you just go ahead and call me!!!! we will chat the day away!!!lol! I haven't been gone from here--I posted recently--Friday or Saturday I am sure!! I am still trying to get back in gear--I will surely make it in the next challenge-this one has been the pits! I did so well for Thanksgiving and even up to dec 20 and then all hell broke loose--it has been down hill ever since-time to get my butt in gear!
No threats, I just wanted to get your attention! LOL I guess I did!
Old 02-11-2014, 05:42 AM   #488

Anna I love the musical Oklahoma! So glad you were able to go to all of them! I agree, there are days I get up and think, does the ENTIRE world think as much as I do about what FOOD I am going to put in my mouth. I think about eating, about not eating, about when I will eat, what I will eat and what would happen if I was STARVING and there was no food around (that has NEVER happened, so why is it a concern??? I don't know). I think DS15 will find out about his ACT score around 02/24! He's a freshman, so he really didn't need to take it. He took it in 7th grade for his gifted program and is all MOTIVATED to see that number just go up and up! LOL
Old 02-11-2014, 05:45 AM   #489

Michelle - Our plans for Valentine's are that we are judges for DS15's high school forensics tournament. We chose to do all Friday night since DD12 has volleyball all day Saturday. So, we will take off work early and I think I judge 4 different rounds. They start at 3:30 and I think I will be done around 7:30. We won't go out after that. They do have a hospitality room. We will probably just eat there! Aren't we ROMANTIC??? We will probably head home and have some wine together, but not much because I am sure Volleyball will have us leaving the house by 6:45 a.m. Saturday morning.
Old 02-11-2014, 05:46 AM   #490

Michelle, I think your plans for Valentine's sound amazing!
Old 02-11-2014, 05:46 AM   #491

Today is a Down day for me! So far, I am feeling really good about it! Here's to making a last ditch effor for the V-day challenge. I am all over another challenge. Do we want to go through Memorial Day? Easter? You all name it, I AM IN!
Old 02-11-2014, 06:37 AM   #492
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nikki
Stats: 185/131/120
WOE: Low-carb Vegetarian
Start Date: November 20, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle204 View Post
So all any plans for Valentines Day? I hate going out and spending all that money for what?
I think I will stay home Friday and cook something special like steak and lobster with plenty of melted butter and make a LC chocolate cake. Maybe make something special for the furbabies too since they are the love of my life.
My teenage son is in a band and they have a gig this Friday night (Valentine's Day). Since he is the drummer and we have a van and a truck, DH and I are the "roadies". That means that I have to haul DS, his band mates, plus all the gear to the concert, stay the whole time, and then haul it all home and bring it back in the house in the middle of the night. It's gonna be a looooong night. They call their style "California Surf Punk". Ugh. But I am a supportive momma even if I wish they had chosen a more pleasing style of music.

Our couple's bible study group has decided to cancel our regular session this Thursday and instead we are all going out for an early Valentine's Day dinner. Regrettably, they have chosen a Chinese food place. There is literally NOTHING on the menu that I can eat. They don't make salads. They do offer tofu with vegetables, which I have ordered before when I was not on a diet, but it comes DROWNED in a starchy sauce. I am going to request plain steamed veggies and hopefully I can get my server (and the chef) to understand that means NO SAUCE and NO RICE. If the veggies come with sauce all over them I won't want to eat them. I think I am going to visit the restaurant today and ask ahead of time so that I don't have to stress the night we go to dinner.

In any case it will be a very enjoyable evening, even if all I get to eat are a few stalks of broccoli. I love our friends! We always have lots of laughs and great conversation. I just wished they had picked a restaurant which serves salad.

nikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 07:16 AM   #493
Major LCF Poster!

Monica--I hope you know I didn't take that as I threat my friend-I was joking with you!! I will never disappear from here for long! you guys are family!

Michelle-I agree with Monica-your Valentine plans are awesome-I can't even remember the last time I had lobster! enjoy your romantic evening!

Nikki and Monica-sounds like a family evening for you guys--that works too --the kids will be gone all too soon and it will be quiet.

Bill is not a romantic guy-I have never received a card and when he does flowers I get the bill later! I guess it is the thought that counts? Nothing big planned here-just another day-I have no menu planned-if it isn't minus 0 we might cook a steak?

I will have to weigh in on Saturday I suppose if we start a new challenge--not a fun thing to even think about-I will put it off until after the Valentine dinner-one last hurrah!

Nikki-sounds like a great plan for Chinese!

Last edited by jbatchelor; 02-11-2014 at 07:17 AM..
Old 02-11-2014, 10:38 AM   #494

Nikki - how exciting that your SON is in a band! HOW FUN!!!!! Heck, that's better than early morning volleyball or outside SWELTERING Softball this summer!!! COOL!!!!

Jeanne - I knew you were joking. Just know, you can't go MIA for more than a day or 2, I will hunt you down/stalk you till you return! YES I WILL!!!

Did I mention I started Hula Hooping a 3lb hoop for exercise. I just started, it is slow going right now....I can't always keep it up, but I am getting better!!!!!! and it is so much fun! My DD12 and I do it!
Old 02-11-2014, 02:31 PM   #495
Major LCF Poster!

Hula Hooping sounds like such fun. I could never do that. I have the coordination of a hippo.I can't even make it do one revolution.

As for the romantic Valentine's dinner. It is more like a fancy low carb dinner instead of the same ol same ol. There is no romance left in this relationship. That ended yeeeaaarrrrs ago.
Old 02-11-2014, 08:44 PM   #496
Major LCF Poster!

Bill and Marcel are brothers!!! I get all my love and attention from Dolly!! I am still waiting on a picture of your new haircut Michelle!

I think hula hooping would be a great core exercise! I am sure I couldn't keep it up! I had one as a kid! they look smaller now-?
Old 02-12-2014, 06:28 AM   #497

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle204 View Post
Hula Hooping sounds like such fun. I could never do that. I have the coordination of a hippo.I can't even make it do one revolution.

As for the romantic Valentine's dinner. It is more like a fancy low carb dinner instead of the same ol same ol. There is no romance left in this relationship. That ended yeeeaaarrrrs ago.
OH that's too bad! I am very lucky. Dennis is not SYRUPY romantic, but he loves the candles/dinner/bath type activities ! Especially when they end in

S ex he really loves that! LOL
Old 02-12-2014, 06:30 AM   #498

On the Hula Hoop, it is HUGE! I ordered it on amazon and it is weighted for 3 lbs. I never ever could do it as a child, I think it was because I was chubby and self conscious.

If I can do it, ANYONE CAN! I did 7 minutes with it last night, you have to work your way up. Now, all 7 weren't keeping it up at once. But I am getting to where I can do it for 2 minutes straight without dropping it! I am getting there and it is FUN! DD12 loves to come and then do it after me. It's become a FUN thing we do together. I watch TV while working with it. Good stuff!
Old 02-12-2014, 06:32 AM   #499

It's WEDNESDAY! I took DS15 to the store before work today to help him get his gift for his Girlfriend for V-Day. She is out of town all weekend for a Volleyball tournament, so they are getting together tonight. We did a snack bag theme (since it will come in handy this weekend) and he bought her one of those Ice Cube orchids. Its the really small one, as she will have it in her room!
Old 02-12-2014, 06:33 AM   #500

Over lunch DH and I will get flowers for our In town Grandma and take them to her. On Wednesday's she gets DD12 from school and hangs with her for an hour, then takes her to Clarinet Lessons. It is a HUGE help for us, so we want to properly thank her!

Yesterday was a great DD! I think it was 500c total! Enjoying my UP DAY TODAY! I made us Linda Sue's Loaded "potato" casserole for lunch. I put Chicken in it, so it will be our meal! THen Chili for DINNER!
Old 02-12-2014, 07:03 AM   #501
Senior LCF Member

I'm still at 151.4 this morning. My new pattern is to not budge one way or the other for two days, then it seems every third day I get a little whoosh. So I'm hoping tomorrow I will be down another pound. DD today! (fingers crossed)

Old 02-12-2014, 09:01 AM   #502
Major LCF Poster!

Jeanne---I am still trying to make this short style look perfect for a picture. The hair dresser did a great job but I seem to make it look like a little boys hair cut. Practice will make perfect and then the picture.

Monica--- It must be nice to still have romance in your relationship and as far as that goes sex. That hasn't happened here since the late 1990s. Don't really know what happened but it just went away. Now it has been too long and the desire is all gone.

Nikki--- You are so close to your Valentines goal I am pulling for you to make it.

Anybody else watching the olympics? I am having a ball watching everything! These athletes are so talented.

I need to finish this journey once and for all!
I know somewhere inside of me I have the strength and commitment...I just need to find it.

Michelle
Old 02-12-2014, 12:17 PM   #503

Nikki you are rocking it girl! Keep it up!

Michelle - I am so sorry. Seems a waste to be married and no bedroom action! Maybe it's time to try to spark it up a bit??? You never forget how! Think of how much fun it would be!!!!!

OH and I am loving the Olympics! I DVR the primetime stuff and breeze through it to watch my favorite stuff. DD12 and I are loving it!
Old 02-13-2014, 06:01 AM   #504

Good morning all! It's FRIDAY - EVE! and Valentine's EVE! LOL Radio said this is the day to take your MISTRESS out to dinner. DH told me he has a church meeting, should I be worried!?!?!? As you can tell, I am super worried!

It's a DD here and my goal is 420c, but allowing up to 600c!
Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 02-13-2014, 06:36 AM   #505
Major LCF Poster!

I love the Olympics too-I have been staying up way too late watching but it is addtictive! I love the luge and I haven't seen the bobsled yet-it is one of my favorites along with the ice skating pairs--it is always so lovely! And of course the half pipe is amazing-I love it all really-well not the gun thing-not into that--so glad we are see families there with their athletes-I was worried they would stay away when I read some were telling them to-I am glad nothing is happening and all seems to be going smoothly.

this is mistress day--too funny--Bill wants to go the amish buffet tonite-I said no-we have leftovers-I broke his heart-maybe he will take the mistress-haha-tomorrow we will do steak and baked potato with salad-nothing big-we are old fuddy duddy-but I wish it included a lobster tail-I saw where somebody was selling them on their buffet for 3.99--we don't have one of those buffets anywhere close-it would be tempting to have about 4!
Old 02-13-2014, 06:43 AM   #506
Senior LCF Member

Thanks ladies! I might not make it all the way, but 16 pounds was pretty ambitious for a six week goal so I am not feeling bad about being two pounds short. Actually, 1.6 pounds short. Still I am planning to weigh in tomorrow morning just in case I can see a small drop. Not likely, as today is an UpDay and we are going out to dinner. Chinese! Ugh.

150.6 this morning. My pattern is holding true! I guess my next loss will be in three more days. 140's, here I come!

Old 02-13-2014, 09:53 AM   #507

Jeanne - way to say no to the buffet! You go girl!!!

Nikki - why not wait till Saturday to get your official weigh in? I only weigh the day after a DD!

I am loved! bless his heart! These came for me this morning. My entire office smells wonderful! I joked with him, MAN you couldn't find a bigger one???? This thing is huge! HINT, have your guys send you flowers the DAY BEFORE, it cost less!!! There are 6 roses, orchids, daisies, all my favorites!!!!!
Old 02-13-2014, 10:43 AM   #508
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: saltnpepper
Stats: 125/106/105 5'
Start Date: long ago restart 06/11
Awww BEAUTIFUL Monica!! I can smell them from here

Weight is the same. I am eating less.......and less calorie dense. So we will see.

Jeanne go out to eat, never ever never turn that down!!

DH has to work this weekend. He is off Mon, so we will go out sometime in there. He is sweet and lovey/dovey....so I'm sure he will do something. I have not got him anything - yet.

I just got DD a balloon, flowers and a braclet.

GTG back to work.

Later
saltnpepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 10:55 AM   #509
Major LCF Poster!

well-we know what Monica's husband is getting for V-day!!! beautiful flowers!! gotta love that man!

Anna-glad you are going out sometime--I am not sure what we are doing if anything this weekend--it is supposed to snow all weekend-not much-just a few inches but enough to keep us home-we are still dealing with the ice and snow still on the ground! next week it is supposed to warm up--I can't wait!

Nikki-I agree with Monica-weigh Saturday-when are we starting a new challenge? Monday? seems like everyone shows up on Mondays?
Old 02-13-2014, 11:10 AM   #510

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltnpepper View Post
Awww BEAUTIFUL Monica!! I can smell them from here

DH has to work this weekend. He is off Mon, so we will go out sometime in there. He is sweet and lovey/dovey....so I'm sure he will do something. I have not got him anything - yet.

I just got DD a balloon, flowers and a braclet.

GTG back to work.

Later
Now that made me laugh outloud....although as fragrant as they are, YOU PROBABLY CAN!!!!!!!!!!