Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2014, 05:30 AM   #451
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleHu View Post
Woohoo Seahawks! Yeah I am originally from Seattle. Just up a little from a mild indescretion no biggie, onward and downward. Busy the next few days with volleyball games. Just happy DD is involved and meeting new friends. Still going to stick with the eat fat get thin thing for a while. I really have nothing to report just checkin up on you guys...
What a GAME? huh? Who knew Peyton Manning could have such an EPIC BAD DAY!!!!?!?!?!?! Not a bronco fan, as a Chief's fan, I simply could never cheer for Broncos or Raiders!

My DD12 also plays Volleyball, she loves it. That and Softball!

Last edited by zipp2play; 02-04-2014 at 05:33 AM..
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2014, 05:35 AM   #452

Anna - hello girl! How goes it for you? DD's are tough, they do get easier (sometimes).

Jeanne - we drove in ice on Friday night heading to Sedalia. It wasn't horrible, but not great either.

Michelle - Sorry about the scale. Know that number will go down very quickly!

Nikke Welcome!
Old 02-04-2014, 05:35 AM   #453

Me, it's a DD and a SNOW DAY! They are calling for 9 inches here. I plan to get paperwork from UPS and then DH and I will head home. Kids' school was called for today at 4:30 yesterday afternoon. BOTH of my KIDS were thrilled!!!! I love snow, but I think I am ready for spring!!!!
Old 02-04-2014, 06:34 AM   #454
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/174.5 /148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
we are supposed to get ice and snow--tbey haven't called school yet-I am supposed to get out but maybe not? I can deal with the snow--not the ice! yippee for working at home! I love snow days when you can be in!! I just put a roast in the crockpot-I pulled out some frozen carrots-they didn't look so good--I have done that before and they were decent-not sure why these didn't fair so well--they were organic-maybe that was the issue?

Monica--how is your health doing? headache and dizziness still there? we need updates!

I survived day one back on plan-need a couple of days more to get into ketosis and hopefully I will stay there--Bill shared his pants were getting tighter also-nothing like mine! dang man is a metabolic miracle-he can eat 10000 calories a day and never gain!

Jeanne
jbatchelor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 07:45 AM   #455
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MichelleHu
Stats: 260/191.6/135
WOE: LC/Wheat Gluten Free
Start Date: 5/29/13
Did good on plan yesterday so hoping for a new low by the weekend. Dont have anything planned that would derail me. Glad you guys are grabbing the reins!
MichelleHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 10:49 AM   #456

Jeanne - we had ICE on Friday night. Everything is still crunchy. Now, it is dumping on us. It is pouring snow out there! I think we will be heading out of the office soon! Health, dizziness seems to be almost all gone. I think it was some sort of virus that somehow only effected my inner ear issues. I now know of several others that have had/or are having the same issue. Isn't that crazy????

Michellehu- way to go girl!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-04-2014, 05:55 PM   #457
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: michelle204
Stats: 262/187/170
WOE: LowCarbing my way
Start Date: July 9, 2007
Monica---Glad to hear you are feeling better. Sorry you guys are having such horrible weather. We are just frigid cold, but we are very use to that now.

I have had two good days now and will take this day by day. But I'm telling you seeing that 190 on the scale seems to have scared me good.
michelle204 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 06:12 AM   #458

Michelle= We got 12 inches of snow here last night. That is a LOT for us! Tomorrow our temps are supposed to be -20* actual temp here in the morning. No clue what that is metric temp-wise! My darn dog, the 4 pound one, won't poop in the snow. I cleared her a path with the shovel and everything. I also helped DH with the driveway and we did a small section of the street to get us to the path. My back is now hurting. I will probably go to the Chiro on my way home tonight.

Jeanne - I made the Linda Sue spicy chicken/spinach last night. Well, DH did! LOL We actually doubled the recipe, but not the cream cheese and shredded cheese. VERY VERY GOOD! I think Linda's recipes tend to be too rich for us. We typically cut back on the cream cheese and cheese and butter. Still her recipes are really good! You should make it. It does have a bit of a kick, but man, good!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rt-2-a-25.html
Old 02-05-2014, 06:13 AM   #459

I did well on my DD yesterday, even working at home! YEAH for me! DH didn't do so well. I was busy working through until 8:30 p.m. 174.4 today. Inching back there.
Old 02-05-2014, 06:49 AM   #460
Major LCF Poster!

wow-that is a lot of snow!! sorry about the back! dang little crapper!! well-no crap actually! Dolly doesn't like going in the snow either--she waits and waits and waits till she can't wait anymore! we got about 4 inches of snow then the ice came-so crusty on top is actually better than ice on the bottom! that spinach dish sounds good-I of course like all the cheese and cream-of course I would! I failed yesterday and today already-grrr! brought too much crap into the house yesterday and had to eat it.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

back later
Old 02-05-2014, 11:43 AM   #461

DS15 said he got PIP to poop, OUTSIDE!!! I am thrilled. Saw the Chiro at noon. Probably will go again after work. It all lined up, except the lower back!

Official report came in 14 inches of snow here yesterday! WOW
Old 02-05-2014, 11:52 AM   #462
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nikki
Stats: 185/131/120
WOE: Low-carb Vegetarian
Start Date: November 20, 2013
Nothing to report. No change. Still at exactly 153.8.
nikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 02:27 PM   #463
Major LCF Poster!

Hurrah for T for getting Pip to poo!!!!! outside!!! give that kid a medal!!! did he squeeze him??? I am glad your chiro is helping--hopefully it will all align soon!

Gave myself a good talking today-maybe it will help-threw out some things I didn't need and told Bill I wished he would take some of this goodies to the barn-the house is full of his treats! Tomorrow is a new day and a new beginning!

Nikki--not gaining is good--you are probably losing inches for sure--hang in there--inches lost are better than pounds
Old 02-05-2014, 03:32 PM   #464
Major LCF Poster!

Wow that is a lot of snow Monica. Will it hang around or melt soon? So far this winter we have had enough snow that our snow banks are 7 feet tall and going no where for a few more months.

WTG Pip. Pooping is a necessity.

Jeanne----Sorry yesterday and this morning wasn't good for you. I hope the lecture you gave yourself works. I know mine to myself has helped so far this week. I also took out 3 photos of myself at 262 lbs and I have put them on my fridge and dining room table. Those pics are sure helping me to stay on plan.

So today I went out grocery shopping and beside the store is a hair dressers. I have hated my long hair for quite some time. It is so fine and thin that it really was ugly. So I went in and said take it away. And they sure did. 10" of over dyed thin ratty hair hit the floor. My hair is short short now. I'll need some time to get use to it but I'm sure I will end up loving it. Maybe this too will encourage me to lose this weight and show off my new doo!

I need to finish this journey once and for all!
I know somewhere inside of me I have the strength and commitment...I just need to find it.

Michelle
Old 02-06-2014, 05:28 AM   #465

Nikki - hang tough girl. THat number will change soon.

Jeanne -Way to go girl! You can do this. I think PIP just really needed to go. She went after she got out, right on the patio! LOL

Michelle - it will stick around a while. Not supposed to get above freezing till Tuesday! That's super cold for us! Average high right now should be 45*! A new HAIR STYLE, way to go! Just think of how much easier it will be to take care of! GOOD FOR YOU!

It's Friday-eve ladies! We are almost there. Plans for the weekend???
Old 02-06-2014, 05:32 AM   #466

anyone have a good LC breakfast casserole recipe??
Old 02-06-2014, 07:59 AM   #467
Major LCF Poster!

Monica--here is a thread I found that might help? Looking for a Breakfast Casserole

trying to make today a better day! it has to be better! we are still getting flurries-and it is cold-I am ready for spring!

Nothing planned for the weekend-they are calling for snow again-trying to get a few things done around here if the weather cooperates-snow is forecast again!

Michelle--how about a picture with the new hairstyle??? I am sure it is a cute cut--so let us see!!!
Old 02-06-2014, 10:05 AM   #468

Thank you Jeanne, I think I will make this:

Sausage Spinach Bake

1 lb. Bob Evans Savory Sage Sausage Roll
1 1/2 cups milk
4 eggs
1 box (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well-drained
1/3 cup diced roasted red peppers
4 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese (I used shredded)

Preheat oven to 350F. In skillet, crumble and cook sausage over medium heat until browned. Drain drippings. In large bowl, whisk milk and eggs until combined. Stir in spinach, peppers and sausage. Spread into greased 11" x 7" pan. Layer sliced tomatoes on top. Bake for 45 minutes. Sprinkle cheese on top. Bake for 5-10 minutes more or until set in center.

Makes 4 to 6 servings
Old 02-06-2014, 12:43 PM   #469
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
Thank you Jeanne, I think I will make this:

Sausage Spinach Bake

1 lb. Bob Evans Savory Sage Sausage Roll
1 1/2 cups milk
4 eggs
1 box (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well-drained
1/3 cup diced roasted red peppers
4 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese (I used shredded)

Preheat oven to 350F. In skillet, crumble and cook sausage over medium heat until browned. Drain drippings. In large bowl, whisk milk and eggs until combined. Stir in spinach, peppers and sausage. Spread into greased 11" x 7" pan. Layer sliced tomatoes on top. Bake for 45 minutes. Sprinkle cheese on top. Bake for 5-10 minutes more or until set in center.

Makes 4 to 6 servings
Thank you! I could make this with vegetarian sausage and it would be yummmyyy for me, too!
Old 02-06-2014, 12:45 PM   #470
Senior LCF Member

Down another .6 to 163.2 this morning.

We're rockin' this challenge!

Old 02-07-2014, 05:16 AM   #471
Senior LCF Member

Finally moved the scale.Over a month and 5 days of upping the fat, tracking everything which i loathe doing and it moved. Hope that plateau is really broken cause if I have to work that hard for a lb loss I will not be a happy gluten free cookie. Fight the good fight ladies- win the war!
Old 02-07-2014, 05:59 AM   #472

Nikki, I would add more cheese in it. It calls for topping it with cheese. I found it a little bland. I made it for Sunday with the girls. I plan to get more cheese in there when I warm it up! Let me know what you think!

Michellehu - way to go!

It's Finally Friday ladies! BRING ON THE WEEKEND
Old 02-07-2014, 06:08 AM   #473
Major LCF Poster!

thanks for the review-you guys like the heat! I like a little heat myself-Bill a little more so!

Doing laundry this morning-trying to do some organization of my recipes-I have stacks of paper that last couple of years and it's not easy to find something-I am at least trying to put them in binders with some headers! I want to be organized and I am lacking in skills!

WTG MichelleHU for sticking in there-I am glad you didn't give up the fight!

I am once again restarting today--just call me rerun!!
Old 02-07-2014, 11:37 AM   #474
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: saltnpepper
Stats: 125/106/105 5'
Start Date: long ago restart 06/11
Hi everyone...

Just wanted to say Happy Week-end. It is cold and raining here. Cold is 30 for us! We are babies I know.

WTG MichelleHu

Michelle204 would love to see the hair cut. How do you like it? I love the ideal of putting up "bad" pictures. I think I will do that also.

What are you doing this week-end Monica? Hope you are staying warm.

How are you Jeanne? Remmeber one day at a time, you can do this. (I am talking to myself also) Pat Dolly for me, she is so cute.

The Sausage Spinach Bake sounds good. I may try that. If I remember to buy the indgredients.
saltnpepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 01:36 PM   #475
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleHu View Post
Finally moved the scale.Over a month and 5 days of upping the fat, tracking everything which i loathe doing and it moved. Hope that plateau is really broken cause if I have to work that hard for a lb loss I will not be a happy gluten free cookie. Fight the good fight ladies- win the war!
I had to do this as well. Added fat, fat, fat and cut back a bit on the protein. The scale started moving again but it's a lot slower than it was.
But I'm NOT GIVING UP! We can do this! Stick to your plan. Stick to your plan. Stick to your plan.

Eventually it has to work. Even if it's sloooowwwwlllyyyy. They say that's the best way to lose weight anyway, right? It's so hard to wait, though.

I weighed in this A.M. at 152.4, down .8 since yesterday. Which was a nice whoosh, and I'll take it.

Old 02-07-2014, 01:52 PM   #476
Senior LCF Member

WTG Nikki- I hear ya and upping the fat on purpose is a totally foreign and uncomfortable idea for me. Im sticking with it, cause I actually feel great today. Yesterday felt like crap and no energy think I hit maximum ketosis flu yesterday, but it has passed and the appetite suppression is in full gear. Made a homemade cream of celery soup for dinner and I am going to add crab to mine to get some protein in. Been all over the NK board this week between that and the efgt board.

Guess I mighta needed some tweeking, hope it continues, I have a long ways to go and want to be a lot closer come summer!
Old 02-07-2014, 04:13 PM   #477
Senior LCF Member

I test my blood ketones/glucose every other day or so. I found that as soon as I lowered my protein and increased my fat, my blood ketones improved - consistently. The excess protein in my diet was keeping me out of ketosis. Plus, on a high protein diet, my blood sugar had gone up somewhat, so that it was a little on the high side, which was very weird considering I eat <15-20 carbs a day. The blood sugar numbers improved once I went high fat, moderate protein. Which is good. I want to train my metabolism to efficiently turn fat to ketones, not to turn protein to glucose. Because with a high protein, low-fat, low-calorie diet, I am training my body to cannibalize its own muscle tissue rather than to burn fat for energy. So, higher dietary fat is the way to go if you have a stubborn metabolism! For sure!

I also have found that a pterostilbene supplement really suppresses my appetite.

Old 02-08-2014, 06:00 AM   #478
Major LCF Poster!

I have eaten cleanly for 5 days now and am finally feeling better and in more control. It's a good feeling when you are in control. I've lost the water gain. 7 lbs in 5 days. Now it's time for the hard work.

Come on Jeanne..I know you can do this. Grab my hand and hop back on, I'll pull you up!Just grab on.

WTG Nikki.

MichelleHu---I hear you on the foreign idea of upping fat, but I think I will try that myself.
Old 02-09-2014, 08:25 PM   #479
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ART2169
Stats: 215/205/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 16, 2014
Well I didn't get to weigh in last week. I am going to weight tomorrow morning. Saying my prayers hard tonight. I'm not sure if I lost anything this week. I feel like I've stalled. I haven't ever had a problem this early. I tried to up my fats like someone said on here. I haven't been exercising though. My sciatic nerve is acting up so stretches are about it until it heals. I'm glad everyone is starting to feel better. We have the bugs going around here. I'm a germ freak when there is so much sickness going around. I Lysol everything and push the Listerine gargling on the family. So far so good. Good luck everyone! Friday is Valentines Day and hopefully we all meet our goals. Good or bad we've lost some and its better than gaining.
ART2169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 06:46 AM   #480
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ART2169 View Post
Well I didn't get to weigh in last week. I am going to weight tomorrow morning. Saying my prayers hard tonight. I'm not sure if I lost anything this week. I feel like I've stalled. I haven't ever had a problem this early. I tried to up my fats like someone said on here. I haven't been exercising though. My sciatic nerve is acting up so stretches are about it until it heals. I'm glad everyone is starting to feel better. We have the bugs going around here. I'm a germ freak when there is so much sickness going around. I Lysol everything and push the Listerine gargling on the family.
Upping my fats worked for me, but I also cut back carbs to Induction level (<20) and also limited protein to 60g a day. When my carbs or protein go any higher than that, I go out of ketosis and my blood sugar goes up. I know because I use a blood ketone/glucose monitor.

When my sciatic nerve was hurting me, the only thing that DID help was stretching. And my chiropractor. Hope you feel better soon, and don't catch any bugs! Keep spraying Lysol and gargling Listerine. Also in my family we take elderberry extract and zinc supplements at the first sign of a scratchy throat, and we are able to fight most colds/flus off.

-----------
Today I weighed in at 151.4 - down a whole pound from yesterday morning. Yes! Another mini-whoosh!

Today is an UpDay and a heavy exercise day, so I will probably not see any losses tomorrow morning, but I am hoping to see 150.something by the day after tomorrow.