Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2014, 06:13 AM   #421
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/174.5 /148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
Monica--the Walmart brand tomato juice is highest I think on potassium-I had low potassium last year!

Our grandson has the same issue with staying up-we see his light on way too late too often-and told the parents-their bedroom is the opposite end of the house-now they monitor his tv and game watching a little more-but it is hard when he now has a kindle!!! he just got it for Christmas-he doesn't have the best grades either! having kids nowadays is so much harder than it was when I had children--so much more to monitor and watch and keep track of!! I know you guys do the very best!!

I am still off plan and that's all I am saying-grrr

MichelleHu--hang in there--you will figure out the best course of treatment plan-you keep staying the course!

off here to finally get something done today--I get to stay home all day today-I could leave again-but I AM NOT LEAVING TODAY!

Jeanne
jbatchelor is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2014, 11:39 AM   #422
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleHu View Post
Oh yeah the scale rules me. I know. How are you feeling? I have had a headache low grade for a couple weeks thought it was the weather and sinus' but turns out its a bad tooth. They are making me leave the house today to get it fixed. Minus 11 with wind chill -32, who in there right mind leaves the house in that?

Finished out yesterday about 1200 cals 54 protein 77 fat, 4 carb, elzippo on the scale this morning, going to do it again today, (yes I weighed).

Have to put my jeans on to go out so lets hope they are looser and something has been going on.
That calorie level seems awfully low!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 11:43 AM   #423

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbatchelor View Post
Monica--the Walmart brand tomato juice is highest I think on potassium-I had low potassium last year!

Our grandson has the same issue with staying up-we see his light on way too late too often-and told the parents-their bedroom is the opposite end of the house-now they monitor his tv and game watching a little more-but it is hard when he now has a kindle!!! he just got it for Christmas-he doesn't have the best grades either! having kids nowadays is so much harder than it was when I had children--so much more to monitor and watch and keep track of!! I know you guys do the very best!!
Honestly, IF it were his Kindle (or in DS15's case, NOOK) I probably wouldn't mind as much. If you are in bed, TRYING to read, nature takes it course and you will fall asleep. Sitting up, ENGAGED in an action packed game, Nature doesn't stand a chance. OH and I didn't mention, I am fairly certain he is RED BULLING (or some other energy drink) most days. He has his own money, I can't stop him! His world will CRASH when I get this WIFI system set up and it restricts him. It will be a BLOW UP! I can just hear it. He will be LIVID! WE plan to inform them both. His hours be less strict than DD12's. Either way, it won't matter to him, he is going to LOSE IT! But he will be driving on his own in March. Some days, when I leave, he is up/showered/eating breakfast, but barely functioning because he is so tired. DH and I finally decided, if he is going to stay up late like this, he simply WILL NOT BE DRIVING! Honestly, he hurts himself, so be it....what if he kills/injures someone else and that's not to say I want him HURT!

OMG, TEENAGERS!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rt-2-a-12.html
Old 01-29-2014, 11:44 AM   #424

ok Jeanne, time for TOUGH LOVE! Snap out of it girl! You are going to blink and your Blood sugar levels will be completely off the charts. You don't want to be on meds, or WORSE, insulin! SNAP OUT OF IT!!!!!!

Last edited by zipp2play; 01-29-2014 at 11:46 AM..
Old 01-29-2014, 01:01 PM   #425
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: saltnpepper
Stats: 125/106/105 5'
WOE: WW
Start Date: long ago restart 06/11
Checking in...I have the GD today.....lots of rice chex and puffed corn cereal.....

Tomorrow I WILL DO BETTER.

Anyway how are you MichellHu?? I hate any kind of teeth problems..... hope your feeling better soon.

Monica, how are you feeling?? Good luck with the teenagers.... my dd has a kindle and reads most nights.... late. She is also on the internet fb etc. I have told her the evils of not sleeping enough. But lately have decided she will have to learn the hard way. So time will tell. She does not drive. That is a different story. Let me know if you "fix" it.

Michelle204 how are you doing??

Later
saltnpepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 01:06 PM   #426
Senior LCF Member

Back to food. The reason I am here.

I seem to have a overwhelming need for chocolate lately. I could eat a whole 90% Lindt bar a day. I think this may be a bad habit??

Tomorrow I will eat no chocolate.

(See if that works)

MichelleHu, nuts stall me big time. DH eats nuts every night while watching TV. I usually grab a few hand fulls. And I don't lose.
Old 01-29-2014, 04:48 PM   #427
Major LCF Poster!

I hate knowing you will be going thru a rough time with T-I remember those days with Chris-not fun-I am sure they will be nothing like that however-kids do love boundaries even though they don't show it-they need them! It will be good in the end! and worth it--stress for the parents!

I am trying to get back in gear-not sure what is keeping me eating-but I can't seem to stop-the more I worry about it-the more I eat-so I am trying to get my mind off of it-I did make a low carb casserole tonite-one step in the right direction.
Old 01-30-2014, 06:02 AM   #428

Anna - great seeing you girl! MEN they seem to have the weight issue SO MUCH easier than we do!

Jeanne - What casserole did you make? I have wanted to try DIFFERENT stuff lately!

Had a great DD yesterday! 600c total!
Old 01-30-2014, 06:37 AM   #429
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MichelleHu
Stats: 260/191.6/135
WOE: LC/Wheat Gluten Free
Start Date: 5/29/13
Mouth is incredibly sore on tylenol 3's. Had to drink broth all night now super swollen. But Of course I broke through to 206 but thats due to no food so back the fat/protein I was trying to do and will do it again today and tomorrow and most of saturday then start adding veg back in I think. Been reading on the eat fat get thin board so trying to follow what they are doing, read all 5 pages anything that pertained to how to do it and what to eat like in the stickies.

So with the painkillers messing around in my system its hard to know. I will keep myself to the grindstone. And you all better be on plan too. Cut the crap and buck up buckaroos! We have to do this together!
MichelleHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 07:35 AM   #430
Major LCF Poster!

MichelleHu-try some egg drop soup--not as much sodium and a little more filling! hate anything to do with a sore mouth-ouch!

Anna--cereal is one of my triggers-trying again today!

Monica-this is the recipe MUSHROOM CHICKEN AND SAUSAGE CASSEROLE - Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes

we really like it and it makes a big 9x13 so I don't have to cook--it takes a lot of ingredients but it is really a good meal with a salad or some cottage cheese which I added last nite-and it freezes well too which I have done when we get tired of it--it is good to pull out of the freezer and have something good to reheat. I really like making casseroles--I do increase the mushrooms to 16 oz and I didn't have celery this time so I just used some celery seed--just go with whatever you want--it's one of those recipes I used when I need to use up stuff in the fridge. I use a whole onion too-love my onions!

Michelle-how are you doing girl?

Last edited by jbatchelor; 01-30-2014 at 07:39 AM..
Old 01-30-2014, 12:10 PM   #431

MichelleHu - did you get the TOOTH issue all taken care of???? Please feel better girl!
Old 01-30-2014, 12:11 PM   #432

Oh Jeanne, that is one of my favorite Linda Sue recipes! LOVE IT SO MUCH! We actually double the cauli in the recipe! I am thinking of making this one for my High School girls sleepover next weekend:

SPICY CHICKEN & SPINACH CASSEROLE
3 cups cooked, diced chicken
10 ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained well
1 small onion, chopped
1 tablespoon butter
1/4 cup canned pickled jalapeños, roughly chopped, 1 ounce can
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup sour cream
10 ounce can Ro-tel tomatoes, drained (tomatoes with green chilies)
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded

Mix the chicken and spinach in a greased 2 1/2 quart casserole. Meanwhile, sauté the onion in butter until tender; add to the chicken. Stir in all of the remaining ingredients and mix well. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Bake, uncovered, at 350º 40-50 minutes, until hot and bubbly.

Jeanne=Have you ever had that one?????
Old 01-30-2014, 02:44 PM   #433
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: michelle204
Stats: 262/187/190/170
WOE: LowCarbing my way
Start Date: July 9, 2007
MichelleHu---How's the tooth/mouth pain now? Hope you get back to eating soon. I'm going to have to check out this eat fat get thin thing. Sounds interesting. And I agree with you and Monica we are only hurting ourselves by eating these crappy foods. So let's get up, dust off, and jump back on the wagon Jeanne.

It is still bitterly cold here but we are getting use to it. I bbq last night and it was -35 deg. outside. I didn't find it too bad. Goes to show you how if something is around long enough you just get use to it and adapt. It was a great steak and roasted asparagus. Yummo!

Not much new around here. I had a good eating day yesterday and today seems to be on track. Now just to get a few more days under my belt and cravings will be gone.

Do you guys do anything special for your Super Bowl?

I need to finish this journey once and for all!
I know somewhere inside of me I have the strength and commitment...I just need to find it.

Michelle
michelle204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 05:49 AM   #434

Michelle - we grilled last night too! I love eating off the grill. We had grilled turkey steaks wrapped in bacon. Each and everyone one of us LOVES them! I was a happy camper. I had a rough day at work yesterday.

Last edited by zipp2play; 01-31-2014 at 05:51 AM..
Old 01-31-2014, 05:50 AM   #435

My job is a great job. My boss is a great boss (most of the time), but it is VERY stressful! I have a great assistant, but she has NO desire to do MORE. Does that make sense? I can't understand how she functions. She has one speed, slow go and do XX job, don't push to learn more or do more. That concept is lost on me. Not sure what to do. If I force her to try to do more.....could backfire on me. Other than that, she is great. Always here, never late. You know? I am sure this will all pass. I am pushing for DH and I to get a HUGE raise, which, I am sure we will get. I then tell myself, if I keep making more and more, I have to do more and more, right? but when do you say enough? I have been here longer than anyone (small business only 7 employees) yet, I get to work early and often leave late. Yesterday I worked 11 1/2 hours. I then say to myself, WHY is it just me?

I guess I am miffed today,. such is! SOrry for the RANT!
Old 01-31-2014, 05:54 AM   #436

Quote:
I'm IN!!!!!!!!!!

Last time, I actually GAINED a pound! NICE!!! This time hoping for better results.

Start 168.6
Goal 164
OK Valentine's is 2 weeks from today. I will be LUCKY if I get back down to my starting weight! DANG IT! I am a broken record!!!!
Old 01-31-2014, 05:55 AM   #437

No plans for the Super Bowl here. We will watch it. It's a Down day!

Last edited by zipp2play; 01-31-2014 at 05:58 AM..
Old 01-31-2014, 05:58 AM   #438

It's a big weekend for DD12. She goes to Cupid's Ball with my DAD every year. Has since she was like 5 or 6. At 12, you max out. THis will be her last year she is able to go with him. They make a big deal saying good bye to the 12 year olds. SHe can't wait!!! We are heading to Sedalia tonight the ball is tomorrow. Dang theme is OZ (which is the WORST thing that happened to KS EVER!) LOL. We will stay till SUnday morning. DS15 is going to a church youth event this weekend. They leave tonight and won't return till Sunday during church. Our goal is to be back and attend church at our church! It will be a fun weekend!!!
Old 01-31-2014, 06:38 AM   #439
Major LCF Poster!

Monica-thanks for that recipe-I haven't tried that one before-we eat a lot of chicken so I will be trying it! Hope you show Haven in her dress--I love that she goes with your Dad-I think it is so sweet!

I am way way way above what I started this challenge-I don't really want to know-but I will/have to do better-I think we are going one direction-south tomorrow and then north to Indy sunday-no super bowl watching for us-Bill is not a fan-so we do have a big weekend of traveling-if the weather is decent-they are calling for a wintry mix for Saturday and he wants to pick up some lumbar so that may not even happen-wet lumber not good!

I had a decent day yesterday-I am trying to not dwell upon the eating-I did better with not thinking about it-it has been consuming me with how bad I have been-the more I think-the more I eat-so I am trying to be more human and just be normal? I will hopefully get back into normalcy soon?

Michelle-wtg on a good day--brrr on the weather and temps tho--shivering does burn calories they say!!!

Anna-how goes the job? I am sure you are doing super!

MichelleHu--hope you are feeling better!

time to get busy-lots to do today! the snow is above us this morning-for now!
Old 02-03-2014, 05:54 AM   #440

Quiet in here! Where is everyone??? We need to keep checking in ladies!

Good weekend here. Lots of ice, but we made it to my parents.....only to have the Cupid's ball called off. Hoping they reschedule. My poor dad, he had rented a tux and everything. DD12 cried when I told her. Not sure what will happen now.
Old 02-03-2014, 06:23 AM   #441
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MichelleHu
Stats: 260/191.6/135
WOE: LC/Wheat Gluten Free
Start Date: 5/29/13
Woohoo Seahawks! Yeah I am originally from Seattle. Just up a little from a mild indescretion no biggie, onward and downward. Busy the next few days with volleyball games. Just happy DD is involved and meeting new friends. Still going to stick with the eat fat get thin thing for a while. I really have nothing to report just checkin up on you guys...
MichelleHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 06:36 AM   #442
Major LCF Poster!

Oh no Monica, H must be sad for sure. I hope it gets sorted out. I would hate for her last Cupid's Ball be cancelled on her. My fingers are crossed for her and your dad.

As for being quiet in here.... I use to post every weekend but I was usually just talking to myself. So I stopped posting on the weekend. Well today is another restart day for me again. Like you said last week...I feel like a broken record. Hopefully I take myself seriously today!I'll weigh in in just a few minutes and readjust the numbers yet again. This challenge has been a bust. I don't know if another is going to help either. We'll see what the next few days brings.

How is everyone else?
Old 02-03-2014, 06:38 AM   #443
Major LCF Poster!

WTG MichelleHu on the little indescretion. Mine was anything but little!
Old 02-03-2014, 07:03 AM   #444
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nikki
Stats: 185/130/120
WOE: Low-carb IF/JUDDD Vegetarian
Start Date: November 20, 2013
I just now saw this thread. I am in another Valentine's Day challenge at another forum so I'll just jump in here with my ticker if that's OK.

Started Jan 1
Goal Date: Valentine's Day
Goal: Lose 16 pounds

1/1:166.4
1/2: 165.4
1/4: 164.6
1/5: 163.8
1/8: 162.8
1/10: 162.0
1/12: 161.4
1/14: 161.0
1/16: 159.8
1/18: 159.0
1/20: 158.4
1/22: 158.4
1/24: 157.0
1/26: 157.2
1/28: 156.4
1/30: 155.0
2/1: 154.4
2/3: 153.8

Last edited by nikki; 02-03-2014 at 07:08 AM..
nikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 07:48 AM   #445
Major LCF Poster!

welcome Nikki-glad to have you join us!!

Michelle--glad to have you backing up my failures too--we are cut from the same cloth---my fat jeans are too tight now! can't button them--I refuse to get on the scale until they fit better--weird but my blood sugar was 91 this morning-I expected it to be off the scale! I sometimes think I kick start my pancreas to working when I shock it! and have I shocked it this month-I am restarting again today-broken record as usual-I am sick of myself! truly

We went to Indy yesterday-we would not have gone if we knew the roads were going to be so icy--it was a bad drive-coming back was better--we have more ice coming in tomorrow and again on Sunday-I have had enough of winter-enough!!!

I have a mouth full of fever blisters--I just had one two weeks ago-now I have them top and bottom-I look like a duck! and they hurt-I hate them-I take lysine and that usually stops them cold but not this time!

that's all for now girls-I hope to be cooking up a storm this month to keep me on the straight and narrow! and I am hoping to be back on the treadmill too--that is my goal anyway
Old 02-03-2014, 09:16 AM   #446
Senior LCF Member

Good morning everyone. I am working part time now, off today. So I have a lot to do.

Monica, sorry about the dance for DD. Hope they reschedual. Sounds so cool.

Hi Jeanne and Michelle204....glad you all are staying warm. I hate driving on ice. Of course where I live we don't have to deal with it much. But it is cold here today.

Hey MichelleHu you and my dh were/are SHawks fans. I rooted for the other team . I really don't know much about either one of them. Just makes it more fun if me and the hubby are on different sides. For me SuperBowl is just another reason to eat.

Later
Old 02-03-2014, 09:21 AM   #447
Senior LCF Member

nikki

So happy you are joining us!! And you are doing great this month.

How do you like JUDD? Zipp on here does it and likes it. I tried once, and got to hungry. (I am such a wimp)

Have you always been a vegetarian? I tried that too. I think I got tired of cooking my me, my kids, and dh. Everyone eats different. My neice is vegan, and so is my dad (almost 80). But I still think about it.

Anyway glad your here.

Anna
Old 02-03-2014, 09:29 AM   #448
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Anna--so glad you are working part time--that is a good thing? right? do you enjoy this job? -I am not a sports person and neither is Bill so we are not either one up on stuff like that-the kids are always rooting for one team or the other-its a good thing both of us are the same!

Monica--I forgot to add that I hope Haven and your Dad get to reschedule that dance-I so want to see pictures of them again-it is such a sweet concept-I know both their hearts were broken--they surely will reschedule..

How is T doing with his restrictions? or has that started yet?
Old 02-03-2014, 01:55 PM   #449
Major LCF Poster!

It's official I gained 14 lbs so far in this challenge and I have reached 190 lbs. Seeing that 190 has finally instilled a re-boot I think. I am even having trouble looking at food today. I feel like such a cow! And I have no one to blame but myself.
Old 02-03-2014, 05:10 PM   #450
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle-you are brave-I refused to look at a scale-when the fat jeans won't button I figure that says it all--I am with you in the same boat though! I have gained probably more than you--nobody to blame but me and my stupidity--so far today I am back on plan and doing ok-I told Bill I have gained-maybe I can have him to shame me-I told him I can't afford to have cookies and cakes in the house anymore-I can't trust me! so he will have to do without donuts, and all the other things he loves because of me until I can get myself back into gear--I will just refuse to buy them.