Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2014, 06:53 AM   #391
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MichelleHu
Stats: 260/191.6/135
WOE: LC/Wheat Gluten Free
Start Date: 5/29/13
Hey guys. I am up a lb this morn. Every time I eat peanut I go up. Anyone else. The last month I have had trail mix, peanuts as main ingred in the house, and every time. I guess I have to google peanuts. Maybe I am allergic, so they cause inflammation hence a increase in water weight. Thats just a guess but I am stumped it shouldnt be that bad my other food has beeen spot on for days and I did the trail mix last night. Plus I figure it a healthier snack choice than a bunch of chocolate which is what I really wanted. GRRRR.

I will tell her shes a member, I have told DH and DD shes famous she is on the internet, they laugh at me, but yes she has been spot on with her diet too. WooHoo Penny!

So theres a birthday, I feel like I am late to the party. Well happy birthday!
MichelleHu is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2014, 07:54 AM   #392
Senior LCF Member

Well crud, I looked up the info on my now banned trail mix and its bad. And the stats were for just 1 oz. Good grief!I wont even post it. Needless to say I wont pick that option again! Thats what I get for deluding myself and complacency!
Old 01-24-2014, 08:03 AM   #393
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: michelle204
Stats: 262/187/170
WOE: LowCarbing my way
Start Date: July 9, 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleHu View Post
Well crud, I looked up the info on my now banned trail mix and its bad. And the stats were for just 1 oz. Good grief!I wont even post it. Needless to say I wont pick that option again! Thats what I get for deluding myself and complacency!
You are too funny.

I have been there and done that too!
michelle204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 08:05 AM   #394
Major LCF Poster!

Birthday was quiet as usual. We had a gift card for Red Lobster so we used that and then back home for the hockey game. I really wish for next years 50th birthday this extra weight is gone and gone for good. I don't want to keep doing this year after year. Who's with me?
Old 01-24-2014, 09:09 AM   #395
Senior LCF Member

Oh man I am so with you and I wont bring trail mix to your 50th Birthday party! Now thats a deal!
Old 01-24-2014, 12:48 PM   #396
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbatchelor View Post
Ok Monica-prepare yourself for this--How do I get my pics from my phone to photobucket? and then I get about using the img code and but where do I find the PLACE to hit CONTROL V?
There's an app OR you can email your pictures to your computer , save them , then just pull them from where ever you save them . Make sense?
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 12:53 PM   #397

Michelle happy birthday !!!! I am so sorry I am late !!!! What'd you eat at Red Lobster???

Michellehu - plans for the weekend?

Jeanne - you feeling back to normal ?

DR checked my ears and behind my canal though sound waves . All clear!! She ran multiple blood tests, who knows what all they were for. Should hear back from them on Monday. Probably nothing , at least hope so!!
Old 01-25-2014, 06:17 AM   #398
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/174.5 /148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
Glad you are getting checked out Monica-let us know the outcome!

If there is an app-that sounds better-whenever I try to save stuff-I never know where it goes? I can't ever find it and I have pics saved to all these different places and files-I have my computer in a mess I know-but I have never been shown how to make files or how to save things-no inservice was given! I just have never figured out the basics and I just guess I have been too negligent to learn by reading!

our power was off for 2 hours this morning-didn't take long for the house to cool off to 66 degrees. I was glad to see it back on for sure! hopefully it doesn't happen again.

I am hanging my head again today-won't even go into it--but this month is going down as a bad bad month for me--I hope I get my butt and my head back into the game--I better!

Jeanne
jbatchelor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 09:06 AM   #399
Senior LCF Member

Went out to fish fry last night had the poor mans lobster, went to this place for the awesome salad bar. Was good all fish and veg. Weight not budging tho wonder if its a set point. Exactly, well minus a lb, where I was when I decided to maintain for december. Thought I might be able to start losing again ya know after having a month break. Keep going over my food choices cant find anything wrong. Well other than that trail mix. I guess I keep plugging away and hope for that magic after a stall.

Snowing an blowing here, yuck. Hope you all are on plan this weekend. Think we all better go over to Jeannes and kick some hiney! You can do it! You know it!
Old 01-25-2014, 04:08 PM   #400

Jeanne, say the word and I will call you and walk you through saving pics onto your computer...where you can find them

Michellehu - your dinner sounds awesome . Sorry about the set point.

My DD has turned to a mid day. Such is . Having tummy issues again !!! Weighed yesterday 173.8, only 6 more to get back to where I was.
Old 01-26-2014, 05:24 AM   #401
Senior LCF Member

So I went a little higher fat yesterday. It worked going to try a few more days see if it really does work or I was just due for a drop anyways. I may have been letting my cals get to low. Made white chili it was delicious, was stuffed, and with the hwc and sour cream that upped the fat enough I think. So next couple days will be an experiment.....
Old 01-27-2014, 05:48 AM   #402

Let us know how that goes MichelleHu!

It's Monday, enough said!
Old 01-27-2014, 06:13 AM   #403
Major LCF Poster!

[QUOTE=MichelleHu;16772699]Went out to fish fry last night had the poor mans lobster, went to this place for the awesome salad bar. Was good all fish and veg. Weight not budging tho wonder if its a set point. Exactly, well minus a lb, where I was when I decided to maintain for december. Thought I might be able to start losing again ya know after having a month break. Keep going over my food choices cant find anything wrong. Well other than that trail mix. I guess I keep plugging away and hope for that magic after a stall.

Snowing an blowing here, yuck. Hope you all are on plan this weekend.it![/QU Think we all better go over to Jeannes and kick some hiney! You can do it! You know OTE]

let's see if I remember how this quote this works-I don't think I am doing this right? yikes I am suck a klutz-

well I tried to quote that last sentence and it quoted the whole thing! help! grrrr-sometimes I just want to scream

Last edited by jbatchelor; 01-27-2014 at 06:15 AM..
Old 01-27-2014, 06:21 AM   #404
Major LCF Poster!

Monica--if there is an app-I would like to at least try it--and then can I call you some weekend when we are both free--I know you are super busy and I don't want to tie up your time when you have so much going on-especially for this type of stuff-this weekend I think? we are headed to Indy--the thing is I forget easily if I don't use it--ie the above thing-I think I quoted before when someone told me how--but I forgot-I need to use it or lose it as they say!

I think I need to do a 40 day fast-maybe the Lord will bring clarity to me regarding what I am doing to my body--something has to give-I seriously am thinking about doing only shakes or liquids for awhile at least to bring some kind of clarity or sense to my eating out of control.

thankfully I can come here and at least vent when what I really want to do is run away and hide! and not come out until I have become somewhat normal again. normal people don't do this.
Old 01-27-2014, 06:40 AM   #405
Senior LCF Member

I have nothing good to say. I have been doing great and it just goes up and down 1 lb. Its seriously driving me nuts. Put my jeans on and they dont feel any looser either. GRRRRRR!!!!!
Old 01-27-2014, 07:15 AM   #406
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbatchelor View Post

I think I need to do a 40 day fast-maybe the Lord will bring clarity to me regarding what I am doing to my body--something has to give-I seriously am thinking about doing only shakes or liquids for awhile at least to bring some kind of clarity or sense to my eating out of control.

thankfully I can come here and at least vent when what I really want to do is run away and hide! and not come out until I have become somewhat normal again. normal people don't do this.
Oh Jeanne...you and I are cut from the same cloth. I hang my head in shame too. I need an intervention. I have always wanted to try only shakes or the meat and egg plan for a couple of weeks. Maybe I should really try this. But I know my husband, as supportive as he is, will give me the evil eye if I try something like that. It's funny how he hasn't eaten a vegetable in 50 years but if I tried one of those plans for a week he would say it is too dangerous.

Well Jeanne let's just do this one day at a time. Let's be good TODAY!

I need to finish this journey once and for all!
I know somewhere inside of me I have the strength and commitment...I just need to find it.

Michelle
Old 01-27-2014, 12:22 PM   #407

add me to the list of hang HEAD in shame! I wasn't even going to mention it, I sound like a broken DANG record!
Old 01-27-2014, 02:29 PM   #408
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: saltnpepper
Stats: 125/106/105 5'
Start Date: long ago restart 06/11
Hi Everyone.....

I need to join the Hang your Head Club.......I do really good until about 4pm. Then I eat whatever I want??? Really.

So, not losing.....I just want to lose the couple of Christmas pounds that are all on my tummy. I hate it.

If you guys do a fast keep my posted. I will be your cheerleader!
saltnpepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 05:10 PM   #409

I won't be fasting , he ll, I can't seem to muster a solid Down day!!! 500-600 c isn't something I seem to be able to get down to.
Old 01-27-2014, 05:11 PM   #410

I'm at 900 for today. *** sigh ***
Old 01-27-2014, 05:13 PM   #411

My blood test all came back normal.

Sugar
Thyroid
Liver
Kidney
Anemia

All normal. Now what ? Give it time, see if it resolves?!?!,
Old 01-27-2014, 07:58 PM   #412
Major LCF Poster!

Glad you are normal Monica--that is wonderful news! always a sigh of relief when the tests come back good. I think we all need a good boot in the butt- I didn't make it thru today either--hoping February will be a better month? it sure can't be worse!

took the grandtr to try on one of her prom dresses that she picked out--this one is purple with bling in the bodice--she is going to two different proms--so she needs two different dresses--Papaw doesn't see it-he thinks she should wear the same one since they are at two different schools-lol--it is totally different with girls I tell him--but dang-the dresses are expensive! you might as well be getting married!

Last edited by jbatchelor; 01-27-2014 at 08:04 PM..
Old 01-28-2014, 05:22 AM   #413

I didn't do great yesterday either. Trying to refocus today.

The only issue with everything being normal is, then the dizzy spells and headaches are normal too! Such is!

OH I bet the dresses are beautiful! How exciting that you/She did that together!

I was depressed yesterday. On the verge of tears a lot. I am never like that. Not sure if it is PMS, January - dull , or if I am just losing it! Picking myself up, dusting off and will start EATING right! That can't hurt the MENTAL vibe at all. 175.3 today!
Old 01-28-2014, 06:57 AM   #414
Senior LCF Member

Ate great again yesterday and zip to show for it. I even logged my food yesterday to make sure I wasnt missing something, nope right on. I am getting seriously mad. Way past frustrated. Not close to tom. If it doesnt change really quick I know I am going to blow it. Plus I am really witchy because I am so frustrated and DH is running for the hills every time he sees me and omg if he has to ask me a question. Geez this is getting old.....
Old 01-28-2014, 07:31 AM   #415
Major LCF Poster!

Oh Monica How can we help? I hate to hear you are sad. I am sending you a big hug. I wish I could do more I hate how doctors are these days. Your headaches aren't normal and waiting to see is not a good prescription. Some people!

Michelle---I hate to say hang in there and your whoosh will come because it just sounds like words. But if you are sticking to the plan I'm sure it has to happen.

Jeanne---Shopping for prom dresses with your gd sounds like fun. But I couldn't handle the costs at all. I have never been able to spend money on clothes. Even my wedding dress was bought on the cheap. If I am only going to wear something once I can't rationalize the cost.

Count me in for a bad day yesterday too! And that's all I'm going to say about that.
Old 01-28-2014, 07:52 AM   #416
Major LCF Poster!

Monica--have you increased your potassium? I had to start taking a otc potassium pill which does help with the dizziness/ lightheadiness--even tho your labs were normal--I think with this woe we lose a lot of electrolytes that don't really tell the story in our labs-the day to day stuff--have you tried drinking some tomato juice--it has a large amount of potassium and salt-it might be worth trying it just to see if it makes a difference--now the headaches are a different story-maybe the stress of life there--your life would do it to me-but you handle it well-so I doubt that is the issue--do you take your b/p when you have a headache? is it high at that time? or low? low can cause headaches too! there are answers-you just have to write down your experiments and keep trying to find the answers--most doctors really just go with the suggestions that you give them after you figure out what is wrong.. you do all the investigative work when the tests don't show anything... but keep working...I take potassium 99mg every day fyi... cvs.

My grandmother made my prom dress--I wore it both years--it would never happen today! my grandmother made most of my clothes when I was in high school. I couldn't afford to have kids now.. especially the way they want to keep up with all the other kids... it was nice for Cassidy and I do that together.. we don't do much alone anymore-she is too busy with her job and school and friends!
Old 01-28-2014, 11:40 AM   #417
Senior LCF Member

Okay so today I decided I am stripping it down to basics. Fat and protein. Thats it. See how I feel at the end of the day, even planned menu have eggs ready. Had some co just a tsp think thats about all of that I can do in a shot. Plugged it all in to a tracker including what I am planning for dinner and sitting at 850 cals 2 carbs and think it said 48 protein. Dont remember fat gram total but we will see if anything breaks. Going to try to stay away from dairy, i love cheese dontcha know. K wish me luck!
Old 01-29-2014, 05:56 AM   #418

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleHu View Post
Ate great again yesterday and zip to show for it. I even logged my food yesterday to make sure I wasnt missing something, nope right on. I am getting seriously mad. Way past frustrated. Not close to tom. If it doesnt change really quick I know I am going to blow it. Plus I am really witchy because I am so frustrated and DH is running for the hills every time he sees me and omg if he has to ask me a question. Geez this is getting old.....
Maybe just weigh once a week? Don't let the scale RULE you!
Old 01-29-2014, 06:04 AM   #419

Michelle - sorry you had a bad day too! Mine is a lot frustration with DS15! Nothing major, just lack of respect and such! Teenagers! He may be the end of me...I know he is a great kid to EVERONE Else, but DH and I, he can be truly hateful!

Jeanne - I am not a tomato fan, but I think I could choke down tomato juice if it would help. I think the headaches are probably sinus type....this WINTER has not been kind with all the changes in barametric pressure and such.

I am feeling better. The MAIN issue with DS15 is his addiction to internet/gaming and such. It came to our attention (by a neighbor) that he is staying awake well past 1:30 a.m. most nights. Light on in his room is how she noticed. She innocently mentioned it to me THINKING he was still working on homework. WELL, I knew he wasn't! We are looking into a router that will shut down the wifi PER DEVICE after 11:00 p.m. I have also found an app that will tell him at 11:00 he needs to shut down the phone. That doesn't mean he will, but it's better than nothing. If we catch him ourselves, it ends up in a HUGE fight in the middle of the night! NOT FUN! I thought it was improving, but we just hadn't thought to wake ourselves in the middle of the night, and open his door to see. It makes me so mad. He is a genius. Smarts beyond what most of us could DREAM, but even HE needs sleep!

Moving on! I logged everything yesterday and came in at 1940c for an up day! PERFECT!!!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rt-2-a-24.html
Old 01-29-2014, 06:10 AM   #420
Senior LCF Member

Oh yeah the scale rules me. I know. How are you feeling? I have had a headache low grade for a couple weeks thought it was the weather and sinus' but turns out its a bad tooth. They are making me leave the house today to get it fixed. Minus 11 with wind chill -32, who in there right mind leaves the house in that?

Finished out yesterday about 1200 cals 54 protein 77 fat, 4 carb, elzippo on the scale this morning, going to do it again today, (yes I weighed).

Have to put my jeans on to go out so lets hope they are looser and something has been going on.